PDA

View Full Version : A few pics from 2006 Mini Camp...and reports.

AlabamaViking
04-07-2006, 07:40 PM
Not much just yet, but Mr. COD went today and took some crud pics with his cell and posted them and then should have some better ones up when he does his report.

Just head to:

http://vikingundergroundmoblog.blogspot.com/

Until next time...

cajunvike
04-07-2006, 07:46 PM
Cool!

DCPologirl
04-07-2006, 07:49 PM
I love the lots of play action to Wiggins......GO WIGGY GO! iI can't wait to see Wiggins in the new offense!

Freakout
04-07-2006, 08:20 PM
Thomas at MLB is something we wasn't expecting.

PurpleCrusader
04-07-2006, 08:22 PM
I'm glad to see that Dontarrious Thomas is being given every chance to win a starting job. His speed should be valuable to a cover 2 defense.

BadlandsVikings
04-07-2006, 08:23 PM
why couldn't they be wearing the new jerseys

NodakPaul
04-07-2006, 08:26 PM
I was actually surprised to see DT at Mike. Didn't he play a little Mike in college. Anyway, yes his speed is good for the Cover-2. Hmmmmmmm. Curious to see how this will pan out.

V4L
04-07-2006, 08:28 PM
OMG THANK YOU!!!

Looks like its Rasmus... Williams bros.... Udeze!!!

K-rob and T-will starting..

And Smoot got a pick!!

Dontarrious will have a good year IMO if he gets the job

And EJ and Leber sounds good to me

Herrera is starting right guard!! YES!! He has a nasty streak to him

NodakPaul
04-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Smoooooooot! Glad to see that he is back!

BadlandsVikings
04-07-2006, 08:29 PM
:cheers:

Freakout
04-07-2006, 08:31 PM
I'll say this. Our coaching staff is the exact thing some of our young players (like Thomas) need.

People like to joke about all our coaches but with so many guys on the team it is easily possible for players to be left out and not coached up enough. Young guy's like Thomas, who have the physical skills, need certain area's of their game tweaked and in my opinion the buddy buddy staff Tice had wasn't getting the job done.

Benet
04-07-2006, 08:34 PM
Sounds good to me. Liking how the first-team D is seemingly holding the first-team O to nothing more than dump-offs in the backfield and to the TE's. Oh, and I LOVE the "[n]ew formation with CTaylor and Richardson in [the] back field with Kleinsasser in [the] slot"

BadlandsVikings
04-07-2006, 08:36 PM
the team needs disipline, no more boats, no more strippers :violent1:

MensaTice
04-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Thanks for posting that. That was freaking awesome. I wish the season started Sunday

NodakPaul
04-07-2006, 10:21 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

OMG THANK YOU!!!

And Smoot got a pick!!

[b]Herrera is starting right guard!! YES!! He has a nasty streak to him[\b]

Don't get excited yet... This is from Childress's press conference:

Q: Could you talk about your decision with Anthony Herrera at right guard?
A: Yeah, I wouldn't make too much out of that. We are rolling a number of guys through there and we're asking them to be position flexible. We're asking guys to play tackle that normally play guard and see if they have an aptitude that way. We're rolling a number of guys through there. I wouldn't make too much of him being the starter.

vikings11_27
04-07-2006, 10:28 PM
If Thomas impresses the coaches, then we wont need a linebacker and we can trade some picks for Schaub or move up for Cutler

Slade
04-07-2006, 10:30 PM
I cannot wait for the season to begin. Being in Cali, I loooove NFL Sunday ticket. I do not know how I lived without it before!

cajunvike
04-07-2006, 10:34 PM
"Freakout" wrote:

Speak for yourself...that is EXACTLY where I have wanted to see him play since his ROOKIE season (when he stepped in for a few games to replace an injured EJ and played very well). Of course, Tice was TOO STUPID to see that it was his natural position. The dude is fast (4.4), smart (SEC Scholar-Athlete of the Year his last year in college) and has already shown he can handle the job.

cajunvike
04-07-2006, 10:35 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

I was actually surprised to see DT at Mike. Didn't he play a little Mike in college. Anyway, yes his speed is good for the Cover-2. Hmmmmmmm. Curious to see how this will pan out.

I wasn't...that is EXACTLY where I have wanted to see him play since his ROOKIE season. The dude is fast (4.4), smart (SEC Scholar-Athlete of the Year his last year in college) and has already shown he can handle the job (when he stepped in for a few games in his rookie season to replace an injured EJ and played very well).

ThePurplePotato
04-07-2006, 10:37 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

OMG THANK YOU!!!

And Smoot got a pick!!

[b]Herrera is starting right guard!! YES!! He has a nasty streak to him[\b]

Don't get excited yet... This is from Childress's press conference:

Q: Could you talk about your decision with Anthony Herrera at right guard?
A: Yeah, I wouldn't make too much out of that. We are rolling a number of guys through there and we're asking them to be position flexible. We're asking guys to play tackle that normally play guard and see if they have an aptitude that way. We're rolling a number of guys through there. I wouldn't make too much of him being the starter.

Can you say Max Jean-Gilles? That guy would fit beautifully in at right guard. Don't think he'll last through to us in the 2nd though.

jargomcfargo
04-07-2006, 10:47 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"Freakout" wrote:

Speak for yourself...that is EXACTLY where I have wanted to see him play since his ROOKIE season (when he stepped in for a few games to replace an injured EJ and played very well). Of course, Tice was TOO STUPID to see that it was his natural position. The dude is fast (4.4), smart (SEC Scholar-Athlete of the Year his last year in college) and has already shown he can handle the job.

I thought I was the only one who saw that.
I still hope we draft another top LB though.

V4L
04-07-2006, 10:49 PM
Yah I had forgot that he filled in nicely there.. He would develop perfect there.. I wanna see this stay like that

cajunvike
04-07-2006, 10:54 PM
"Slade" wrote:

I cannot wait for the season to begin. Being in Cali, I loooove NFL Sunday ticket. I do not know how I lived without it before!

Where you at in Cali?

COJOMAY
04-07-2006, 11:08 PM
Childress gets first look at Vikings
http://www.startribune.com/510/story/357904.html
Last update: April 07, 2006 – 1:03 PM
RENEE JONES SCHNEIDER, STAR TRIBUNE

Brad Childress put the Vikings through his first workout as head coach during the first day of a three-day veterans' mini-camp in the practice shed facility at Winter Park on Friday morning.

Childress spent the majority of his time observing and working with the offense as the Vikings began to install the West Coast style that will apparently be led by veteran quarterback Brad Johnson.

"It was a good, crisp first practice," Childress said.

Defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin could be heard throughout the practice, bringing high energy as he implored defenders to pick up any loose footballs to run toward the end zone.

The linebacker position appears to be the most unsettled as any on the depth chart as many combinations were experimented with, including Dontarrious Thomas and Napoleon Harris playing at middle linebacker.

Defensive end Kenechi Udeze, who missed most of last season because of a knee injury, returned to the practice field. Safety Willie Offord (knee) was present but did not take part in drills. Running back Mewelde Moore, who underwent surgery on his right wrist after the season, also was limited.

Among the most impressive performers was cornerback Fred Smoot, who appears to have put on muscle after a disappointing first season in Minnesota.

Owner Zygi Wilf and several members of the ownership group, were in attendance to get a look at a team that includes several key new players, including No. 1 running back Chester Taylor, who was signed as a free agent after playing last season in Baltimore.

"I was really anxious to see how the offense worked with us going 11-on-11 [in drills]," said Taylor. "It worked good today."

whackthepack
04-07-2006, 11:11 PM
There is another thread in the draft section about todays practice, I posted a couple of articles in there that are pretty good.

COJOMAY
04-07-2006, 11:13 PM
VIDEO TAPE FROM FIRST DAY OF MINI-CAMP

http://www.startribune.com/1741/v-video/story/358099.html

SharperVikings
04-07-2006, 11:14 PM
MATTYS BACK!!!!!

:banana:

SharperVikings
04-07-2006, 11:17 PM
"vikings11_27" wrote:

If Thomas impresses the coaches, then we wont need a linebacker and we can trade some picks for Schaub or move up for Cutler

Yeah....well..based on this mini camp..I think that we will find out about brad johnson...
It kind of bummed be out to here that he (brad) didnt have a good day...but it is the first practice!

Anyone here plan on going to training camp?????

NodakPaul
04-07-2006, 11:22 PM
"vikings11_27" wrote:

That definately is an option... or we could use the picks to bolster other need positions. Jean-Gilles would be nice on the right side.

DT makes a lot of sense at Mike... now that Childress is here. He is a perfewct example of a player who needed a coach, not a buddy to develope into a stud. I don't think he would have faired well as a Mike under Tice, which might be why I never considered it before. Kudos to those of you who called it!

singersp
04-08-2006, 03:21 PM
An excerpt from the article: NFL: VIKINGS: 2006 MINI CAMP;

" The Vikings have 10 players who were 1st-round draft picks on the current roster- Bryant McKinnie (#7, '02), Troy Williamson (#7, '05), Koren Robinson (#9, '01), Kevin Williams (#9, '03), Travis Taylor (#10, '00), Steve Hutchinson (#17, '01), Erasmus James (#18, '05), Kenechi Udeze (#20, '04), Antoine Winfield (#23, '99), Napoleon Harris (#23, '02). "

The article is copywrite protected, so here's the link;

NFL: VIKINGS: 2006 MINI CAMP (http://www.noticias.info/asp/aspComunicados.asp?nid=164923&src=0)

DaunteHOF
04-08-2006, 04:47 PM
I like our D line rotation, hopefully they'll be better with our improved O line.

alberta_vike
04-08-2006, 05:48 PM
I am really glad that Thomas is getting some time at MLB. He played well there in college and in the pros when he got the chance. He's a great fit to play there in the Tampa - 2 because he can get to that deep zone quickly.

I hope he wins the starting job because I think he will do really well there.

ancoin
04-08-2006, 06:29 PM
· Both Seattle Seahawks #1 picks from 2001- Koren Robinson and Steve Hutchinson- play here.

bigdaddy72_1
04-09-2006, 12:46 AM
D. Thomas will be the starter for the Vikings at MLB, I was extatic when the Vikings drafted him, but leave it to Tice to waste talent and almost ruin a career. I like the fact that the coaches are running more dissaplined pratices. I think it is excellent for the young guys to have that kind of situation to come into, giving them a chance to learn rather than be distacted by everything else going on at practice. And as I had hoped, Rosenthal is no where to be seen as far as the starting O-line is considered. The man is a plague to everybody that he lines up with, he gets false-starts, holding penalties, and is not at all mature for how long he has been playing. I like the idea of Johnson on the outside, but we'll have to see how everything works out. At this level any of the guys on the line can play any position, but what really matters is how everybody works together. I can only cross my fingers that Hutch is doing all he can to work with Birk and build some comradery. And for goodness sake, I hope that Childress gets on McKinnie's ass, and has him playing up to his potential. He needs a good kick in the ass. But all in all I am supremely happy about what I have seen and heard so far this mini-camp, and offseason

boognish
04-09-2006, 01:02 AM
D. Thomas will be the starter for the Vikings at MLB

I wouldn't be so certain about that, if I were you. I still think that we'll draft a MLB in the first round and that he'll become the starter. Let's hope that Sims is still available.

ancoin
04-09-2006, 12:15 PM
"boognish" wrote:

D. Thomas will be the starter for the Vikings at MLB

I wouldn't be so certain about that, if I were you. I still think that we'll draft a MLB in the first round and that he'll become the starter. Let's hope that Sims is still available. I think Sims will be OLB, and my guess is we will trade up to get Cutler