PDA

View Full Version : NFCN 2006 Battle

Prophet
04-07-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm going on the assumption that the NFCN will be a two-way battle between the Bears and Vikings. I omitted the intra-division battles in this chart.

The highlighted games are the only games in the NFCN where our enemies are playing different opponents.

I would put the Vikings schedule of unlike games (@ Redskins, Panthers) as an easier matchup than the Bears have (@ Giants, Bucs). Advantage Vikings.

It's tough to judge the like opponents. Based on where the games are played the Bears have an advantage playing the Dolphins and Seahawks at home. The Vikings have an advantage playing the Rams, Patriots, and Cards at home. I don't think it will matter much if it's a home or away game wiith the Bills, 49ers, and Jets games.

I know, there isn't much of a breakdown in this post. At a minimum I found it interesting to look at the NFCN matchups from this perspective.

Vikes
04-07-2006, 03:52 PM
I think the Panthers are going to be good this year. Also Washington is slowing turing the corner so both games I'm worried about. I think the Bucs and Giants both take a step back.

VKG4LFE
04-07-2006, 03:55 PM
This season will be interesting when all the NFCN teams play the Bills, Seahawks, Patriots, 49ers, Dolphins, Cardinals, Jets, and the Rams all on the same week. I hope we end up playing them 4th each time so they are worn out and we can kick the crap out of them!! lol

MaddenVodkaAddict
04-07-2006, 04:03 PM
I think the cheesedicks have it easier than everyone else, and they'll need all the help they can get.

Prophet
04-07-2006, 04:55 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

This season will be interesting when all the NFCN teams play the Bills, Seahawks, Patriots, 49ers, Dolphins, Cardinals, Jets, and the Rams all on the same week. I hope we end up playing them 4th each time so they are worn out and we can kick the crap out of them!! lol

lmao, funny stuff. That would be interesting if they played the game all during the same week. You really have to integrate the time of the year and whether it is a home/away game to look at a minimalist approach to analyzing the situation.

jargomcfargo
04-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Statistically, the Bears have the easiest 2006 schedule in the entire NFL based on last years record.
I'm pleased to inform them it isn't going to matter.

jaymz7
04-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Does anyone else think that Favre was waiting for the schedules to come out so he could see if he had a chance to win before he makes up his mind to retire or not?

BadlandsVikings
04-07-2006, 07:22 PM
Favre sold his house in Green Bay the beginning of the season last year, so he is probably going away.

jargomcfargo
04-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Brett wants to play for a team with a chance to win.
Doesn't appear likely to happen.

badbois
04-07-2006, 07:38 PM
nfcn: lions win it all, millen declared genious!

j/k

BadlandsVikings
04-07-2006, 07:41 PM
:bum:

BigMoInAZ
04-07-2006, 10:24 PM
I see the Vikes sweeping the Pack and splitting with the Bears and Lions!

Good for a 4-2 division mark. As far as their record against like opponents goes, I think the Vikes will go 5-3 loosing to the Seahawks, Patriots and Dolphins. I think the Bears will also go 5-3 against like opponents but be 3-3 in the division. The Packers and Lions will have similar division records of 3-3 or 2-4 with the Pack having a one game edge against like opponents with a 4-4 mark. JMHO

Zeus
04-07-2006, 10:33 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

Statistically, the Bears have the easiest 2006 schedule in the entire NFL based on last years record.
I'm pleased to inform them it isn't going to matter.

I think that really depends on if Griese or Grossman is the starter. If it's Griese, I see them being 10-6 or 11-5.

With Grossman - not so much.

Just my 2cents.
=Z=