PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Vs Seahawks #6/10 for best Season Matchup

Slade
04-07-2006, 02:01 AM
From John Clayton @ ESPN

6. Minnesota Vikings at Seattle Seahawks, Sunday, Oct. 22
The Vikings tore a big hole in the free agency rules by using poison pills to take Pro Bowl guard Steve Hutchinson away from the Seahawks. Hutchinson was considered the top priority to re-sign by the Seahawks. They didn't want to lose him. In response, the Seahawks came back and used poison pills to steal Vikings wide receiver Nate Burleson on a seven-year, $49 million deal. There is a little bit of a building rivalry between these two NFC teams. Of the seven new first-time coaches, Vikings coach Brad Childress might have the best chance to go to the playoffs. He takes over a talented team that has been building through free agency and the draft the past couple years. It might hurt them that they traded away quarterback Daunte Culpepper, but the Vikings will know by October whether Brad Johnson can hold up as their quarterback. This could be Mike Holmgren's last year in Seattle. The team is trying to work on a contract extension, but the one game he won't want to lose is this one.

CrazyVikingsFan
04-07-2006, 02:05 AM
sweet i think we might win this game since we have hutch there run game wont be that effective but ours will be!!!

farvathevikinglover
04-07-2006, 02:09 AM
That would be a big boost for us if we beatlast year's Super Bowl runner-up. I'm lookin for Hutch to tear it up against his old team.

SharperVikings
04-07-2006, 02:18 AM
"farvathevikinglover" wrote:

That would be a big boost for us if we beatlast year's Super Bowl runner-up. I'm lookin for Hutch to tear it up against his old team.

Yeah....no kiddin! :lol:

Lotza
04-07-2006, 02:37 AM
hellz yeah!

own the squawks!!

man i miss the football season

PurpleRide
04-07-2006, 03:01 AM
Seattle is a little better than the Vikings at this point. They are more balanced. I hate to say it but the Vikings are still a few years off. We need a QB, RB, right side of the o-line, and a lot of things on defence. Seattle is a top-tier team, the vikings might be a playoff contender but seattle is a superbowl contender

fabybaby32
04-07-2006, 03:08 AM
"PurpleRide" wrote:

Seattle is a little better than the Vikings at this point. They are more balanced. I hate to say it but the Vikings are still a few years off. We need a QB, RB, right side of the o-line, and a lot of things on defence. Seattle is a top-tier team, the vikings might be a playoff contender but seattle is a superbowl contenderI personally think we will be fine at the runningback position. I think Chester Taylor will prove the doubters wrong, and will be a stud. And you can sit here and say what are the weak points of the Vikings, but you could do that about any team in the NFL. I am very happy with the 22 guys that will be playing, and we do still have the draft, and free agency.

SKOL
04-07-2006, 03:12 AM
We'll be coming off a bye that week. That'll make it more interesting.

pepper 0n moss
04-07-2006, 03:23 AM
seattle never loses at home. :-(

curse of the super-bowl loser hangover :-)

DaunteHOF
04-07-2006, 03:58 AM
The reason we have the best chance of going to the playoffs because the NFC north sucked last year, hopefully we can take advantage of it

midgensa
04-07-2006, 04:01 AM
I don't like our chances in this one ... but I am still looking forward to it big time!

NodakPaul
04-07-2006, 04:13 AM
"pepper 0n moss" wrote:

seattle never loses at home. :-(

curse of the super-bowl loser hangover :-)

Minnesota has a knack for breaking home winning streaks... think back to a rainy night in Green Bay back on October 7, 1998... :wink:

NodakPaul
04-07-2006, 04:17 AM
I think we will go into this game either 2-3 or 3-2. Seattle will most likely be 5-0. It will be a tough game, but I think we can do it... Six games will give the defense more time to gel. The people new to the WCO and Tampa, I mean Viking-2 defense will have real time NFL experience. It could very well be the turning point of our season...

V-Unit
04-07-2006, 07:12 AM
It's a shame that none of our divisional matchups made the list. I am looking forward to some serious brawls against the Bears.

jargomcfargo
04-07-2006, 07:37 AM
Seattle has been able to run all over us in recent years.
The way to beat them is to make them one dimensional and stop the run.
And we haven't been able to stop their run game, even when we knew it was coming.
I think we have a much better chance to limit Alexander this year.
But we need some very good linebacker play to help stop the run and not let Hasselbach, or whatever his name is, get easy short dump off completions.
The bye week should counter their home field advantage a bit.
This could be a preview of the NFC championship game.
But I doubt it. Seattle isn't that good!