PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Web Site Gets New Look

WinonaVike
04-04-2006, 08:41 PM
Anyone been to vikings.com today, they have a completely new look to their website, kinda cool, it has the same basic format however, just a lil update on the appearance.

shawn9876uss
04-04-2006, 08:44 PM
I like the new look better, but it is kinda the same, but I like it.

Mr. Purple
04-04-2006, 08:46 PM
ya its not that differnt but its deff better...

audioghost
04-04-2006, 08:46 PM
Its kinda cool...that must be the new horn....looks fine to me....

VikesFan4Life
04-04-2006, 08:47 PM
I think they are still getting everything together. Click around and you still get some of the old pages, like the roster list, depth chart, news, etc.

Anyone notice the horn at the top of the page? Looks different...I like it.

WinonaVike
04-04-2006, 08:49 PM
"VikesFan4Life" wrote:

I think they are still getting everything together. Click around and you still get some of the old pages, like the roster list, depth chart, news, etc.

Anyone notice the horn at the top of the page? Looks different...I like it.

Ya, i was reading a couple of the articles and noticed that not everything has changed just yet. I noticed the horn too, looks ok to me.

snowinapril
04-04-2006, 08:53 PM
If only it looked HALF as good as PPO!!!!!!!

VikesFan4Life
04-04-2006, 08:54 PM
There's a new picture of Jermaine Wiggins on the right-hand side also.

I hope they go with some additional players over there. Have a different one each time you visit. Hutch, C-Taylor, Sharper, KoRo, K-Will, P-Will, T-Will, Memo, etc.

scottishvike
04-04-2006, 08:55 PM
It could be the new horn which would suit me fine, however I dont like the new Vikings font much.

snowinapril
04-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Less vibrant PURPLE, is this a hint of the new UNI???????

The site looks better than it did before. All they did is change the background and some colors.

Looks like a new Logo idea in the top left corner also.

nephilimstorm
04-04-2006, 08:57 PM
I like it..I hope that isnt the REAL schedule unless it is lol

snowinapril
04-04-2006, 08:59 PM
"VikesFan4Life" wrote:

There's a new picture of Jermaine Wiggins on the right-hand side also.

It switches back and forth from Wiggy to AW from one visit to the next.

VikesFan4Life
04-04-2006, 09:07 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

Less vibrant PURPLE, is this a hint of the new UNI???????

The site looks better than it did before. All they did is change the background and some colors.

Looks like a new Logo idea in the top left corner also.

I hope so. I'd love it if they went back to the darker purple like we used to wear, until the Ravens took it. :angryfire:

josdin00
04-04-2006, 09:09 PM
"nephilimstorm" wrote:

I like it..I hope that isnt the REAL schedule unless it is lol

I don't think the schedule makers would give us one away game followed by 8 home games followed by 7 road games.

Webby
04-04-2006, 09:20 PM
It doesn't suck AS BAD, but it still sucks, and all the content is outside of the tables they are supposed to be in. Wiggy is in the lower left corner all by him lonesome with all the content at top.

In otherwords, STRIKE TWO for Atomic Playpen.

Can't we get a GOOD official website? What a shame.

Webby
04-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Hell, they haven't even dealt with the impending EOLAS patent infringement issues.....which will affect IE users first, then Opera and Safari since those are not open source browsers either.

Better hurry!!

(course, some of us planned long in advance for this inevitable judgment)

NodakPaul
04-04-2006, 09:24 PM
I like the new design. from a performance point of view it is much better than the old one. Maybe Atomic Playpen finally got their heads out of their asses.

Deeper Shade of purple - like it
Horn - Ok. Not great, but not bad
New Font - Love it (I really dislike the font we had last year - hopefully this means the endzone is changing too!)

NFLMVP
04-04-2006, 09:25 PM
the new look is cool but i wish there was more wallpaper

NFLMVP
04-04-2006, 09:44 PM
do you think that the bears are any good i think that the bears are the sconde best the first best is the packers not the vikings

magicci
04-04-2006, 09:44 PM
Echemandu changed his first name to Joe?

Slade
04-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Is it me, or do we have some hot cheerleaders! :shock:

Del Rio
04-04-2006, 10:03 PM
"NFLMVP" wrote:

do you think that the bears are any good i think that the bears are the sconde best the first best is the packers not the vikings

Are you talking about the websites or the teams themselves

ultravikingfan
04-04-2006, 10:06 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"NFLMVP" wrote:

Sorry. He cannot answer you now:

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=365317#365317

Mr-holland
04-04-2006, 10:06 PM
I like the new site.
It's diffrent it'smore modern, but i miss the Childress Pic as coach on the left that was a couple of weeks ago

purpleFavreEaters
04-04-2006, 10:09 PM
I am a little unhappy they have Brad as the main player picture of the site up top. Put someone on theer is who is the future and leader of this team. I would even have been happier with Birk in there, he is the true leader of the Vikings.

Slade
04-04-2006, 10:11 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

"NFLMVP" wrote:

Sorry. He cannot answer you now:

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=365317#365317

:banned: lol

Del Rio
04-04-2006, 10:12 PM
"purpleFavreEaters" wrote:

I am a little unhappy they have Brad as the main player picture of the site up top. Put someone on theer is who is the future and leader of this team. I would even have been happier with Birk in there, he is the true leader of the Vikings.

The QB is the leader of the team. Like it or not, when it comes to offense the QB is the man. Birk may be a captain, but he has someone hands in his ass crack all game......the QB is the offensive commander.

vikings11_27
04-04-2006, 10:27 PM
i love the new look and del rio has a point, the QB, weather he is young, old, good, bad, whatever, is the most important offensive player

Ltrey33
04-04-2006, 10:42 PM
"Webby" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Webby" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Webby" wrote:
[quote]It doesn't suck AS BAD, but it still sucks, and all the content is outside of the tables they are supposed to be in. Wiggy is in the lower left corner all by him lonesome with all the content at top.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

LAWYERS Scream heard all the way out here.

We are an UNOFFICIAL, non-affiliated website to the MN Vikings. There is no relationship with the Vikings officially. We are an independent media outlet, fan site, thingamabobber.

However, we are the HOME TO VIKINGS FANS WORLDWIDE.

Its in the eye of the beholder.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Meh, lawyers are poopy heads!

Again, Ultra's comments are reflective of his own ideas, and in no way represent the stance of Purplepride.org nor its stakeholders. Purplepride.org maintains its independent status and is no way way related officially to the Minnesota Vikings nor the NFL. All team names are property of their respective owners and used under fair-use clause as a media outlet reporting on activities of a professional sports franchise, wholly owned by others and holding no stake in PP.O.

Now stop it Ultra!!!

So to sum it all up Webby, we're unofficial?

snowinapril
04-04-2006, 10:43 PM
"Webby" wrote:

It doesn't suck AS BAD, but it still sucks, and all the content is outside of the tables they are supposed to be in. Wiggy is in the lower left corner all by him lonesome with all the content at top.

Put in a bid to do it for the Vikes.

Automic Playpen does SUCK!

They have had two too many chances.

I emailed them one time about some links or something that were bad, and it was like 6 months later and it still wasn't fixed.

Webby
04-04-2006, 10:45 PM
"Ltrey33" wrote:

"Webby" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Webby" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

[quote="Webby"]It doesn't suck AS BAD, but it still sucks, and all the content is outside of the tables they are supposed to be in. Wiggy is in the lower left corner all by him lonesome with all the content at top.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXT

LAWYERS Scream heard all the way out here.

We are an UNOFFICIAL, non-affiliated website to the MN Vikings. There is no relationship with the Vikings officially. We are an independent media outlet, fan site, thingamabobber.

However, we are the HOME TO VIKINGS FANS WORLDWIDE.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Meh, lawyers are poopy heads!

Again, Ultra's comments are reflective of his own ideas, and in no way represent the stance of Purplepride.org nor its stakeholders. Purplepride.org maintains its independent status and is no way way related officially to the Minnesota Vikings nor the NFL. All team names are property of their respective owners and used under fair-use clause as a media outlet reporting on activities of a professional sports franchise, wholly owned by others and holding no stake in PP.O.

Now stop it Ultra!!!

So to sum it all up Webby, we're unofficial?

Just making sure I don't get sued again. :lol:

We are, though, the official home of vikings fans worldwide. So there. Just like I am the official doofus that writes the official code for the official purplepride.org website. LOL

snowinapril
04-04-2006, 10:46 PM
NOffishial

snowinapril
04-04-2006, 10:47 PM
I was a smart ass before your last post was up webby, sorry!