PDA

View Full Version : hi viking fans

silvermane
07-29-2004, 10:13 PM
i have already been posting here a couple weeks now but it seems to be the thing to do here to introduce yourself.

well i was just curious about what my division rivals think of the up coming season. its always good to read what other fans have to say i think. plus i don't really know any viking fans but you guys don't seem so bad :)

anyway it should be more exciting football in the black and blue this season, i'll probably be in here to talk a little smack before our meetings this year all in good fun of course. but i will be cheering you guys on both times you play the bears. please kick the crap out of them. good luck!

VKG4LFE
07-29-2004, 10:34 PM
What about the vikes vs. pack game? Who you cheerin' for silvermane? Do the right thing!!!

LosAngelis
07-29-2004, 11:02 PM
VKG...Packer fixation much? :-)

AngloVike
07-29-2004, 11:14 PM
"silvermane" wrote:

i have already been posting here a couple weeks now but it seems to be the thing to do here to introduce yourself.

well i was just curious about what my division rivals think of the up coming season. its always good to read what other fans have to say i think. plus i don't really know any viking fans but you guys don't seem so bad :)

anyway it should be more exciting football in the black and blue this season, i'll probably be in here to talk a little smack before our meetings this year all in good fun of course. but i will be cheering you guys on both times you play the bears. please kick the crap out of them. good luck!
Always good to see a visitor from the Black and Blue visiting silvermane and you know the smack is always in good fun from both sides. As ever I see the division games being tight between ourselves with a possible split for the year. Games against you guys are never easy whatever the division standings are, and with Rogers back from injury and drafting Williams I can see your offense causing some problems this year.

I did see one pundit marking the Lions down for second in the division this year behind the Vikes - which I know will upset some of the packer fans. If not this year then I reckon next year for sure for you

VKG4LFE
07-29-2004, 11:41 PM
I just have really grown fond of hating them dating a packer backer and living in packer country and all that stuff!!

so-cal vike
07-30-2004, 12:59 AM
Welcome silvermane, always glad to hear from fans of the black & blue. Just as long as you're not a cheese lover. The smack-talk is welcome and appreciated as long as it is done with a measure of respect.

It's better to be with the silver & blue than with the silver & black.

LONG LIVE THE RAIDER HATERS!!!

SKOL!

silvermane
07-30-2004, 09:41 AM
thanks guys!

sorry vkg i know you hate the packers but i honestly don't care who wins those games unless it benefits the lions in some way.

i think the vikings have the best shot at winning the division this year. but like it or not green bay is the back to back champions and the team to beat in the nfc north right now. even so they will have a lot more competition this year from the division than they have the last two years.

TEXPACK
07-30-2004, 10:50 AM
One has to like the Lions chances of competing with Mooch at the helm. He'll do a great job. (he's a lifelong Packer Backer too. From the U.P.)

I say-------------> bring it on!

VKG4LFE
07-30-2004, 11:45 AM
The Lions will be more competitive this year, but not enough for the division title, I think in a couple of years though, the division is going to be a three team race!!

LosAngelis
07-30-2004, 12:49 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing Harrington throw to Rogers and Williams. That will be fun to watch if Harrington isn't on his keester most of the time.

VKG4LFE
07-30-2004, 12:55 PM
He has to complete his throws to them in the first place, he has a hard enough time doing that!! 54% comp. % or something like that isn't going to cut it!! I don't care who you are!! Vick's 52.2%, terrible!! But I guess he could always run for QB records!!

casper
07-30-2004, 12:59 PM
Silvermane as we said before welcome aboard, the lions will purr this year and if they play well together maybe next year they will begin to roar, they have a lot of work ahead of them so Good Luck and bewary of the cheese whiz it is everywhere....

you can't hide from the purple pride

silvermane
07-30-2004, 01:56 PM
keep one thing in mind about harrington. his receivers dropped a lot of passes last year which is part of the reason his completion percentage is down. but he does need to improve his accuracy. it will be a lot easier to get the passing game going with williams rogers and streets.

as far as being on his keester the lions only allowed 11 sacks last year which is pretty good for a team whose line was injured a lot and the qb doesn't really scramble. but now we have damien woody who will make the line even better.

i agree that the playoffs are kind of a stretch for the lions this year though. i will be happy with a .500 record especially with our schedule. it will probably come down to the packers and vikings again but i don't think a division race could get any closer than it did last year.

so-cal vike
08-04-2004, 02:00 AM
A division race between the Vikes and the Lions is not completly out of the question since the Packers will wind up dead-last in the division. I for one will be rooting the Lions on during their Pack encounters.

BigEasyViking
08-04-2004, 02:03 AM
I'll second that So-cal, I really hope that the Lions can beat out the Pack this year. I really hope that Da bears can finish ahead of the Ass Packers for that reason. In summary, I really just hope that everyone can beat out the packers. That would be neat!

LosAngelis
08-04-2004, 11:38 AM
Best news for the Lions is you got rid of Schroeder. I can't believe you kept him that long. He was such a PITA in GB.

vikingsalltheway
08-04-2004, 01:46 PM
I like the lions more than the bears nuff said. Personally i would hate to see the pack out of the race then we cant knock them out of the race and our rivarlry will go down the tubes. I hate them with a firey passion though favre blows.

purplepat
08-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Hey Silvermane, if you come back and read this post, how about starting another post to give us some Lions training camp news?