PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Robinson working out on his own

singersp
04-01-2006, 11:53 AM
From KFFL;

Vikings | M. Robinson working out on his own
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 21:13:40 -0800

Jeff Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Marcus Robinson has been one of the few players missing from the team's offseason strength and conditioning program.

He is working with a personal trainer in Chicago so he can remain near his family. He is expected to be at the team's pre-draft minicamp next weekend.

Eyedea
04-01-2006, 04:32 PM
Vikings | M. Robinson working out on his own
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 21:13:40 -0800

Jeff Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Marcus Robinson has been one of the few players missing from the team's offseason strength and conditioning program. He is working with a personal trainer in Chicago so he can remain near his family. He is expected to be at the team's pre-draft minicamp next weekend.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Why the double standard? Maybe because Childress never wanted Culpepper...

SharperVikings
04-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Yeah....see.....but culpepper wouldnt come to even meet with childress....marcus, is rehabbing, and that wasnt the problem with culpepper...The media blew that whole thing up...

Culpepper wouldnt even come here to visit with brand new coaches!

Its different...

Eyedea
04-01-2006, 04:39 PM
He actually did make a trip up to Minnesota to meet with Childress and company

PurplePeopleEaters
04-01-2006, 04:40 PM
"Eyedea" wrote:

He actually did make a trip up to Minnesota to meet with Childress and company

But instead of meeting with childress he turned around and asked for a raise from zygi... then he stormed out of winter park. :roll:

snowinapril
04-01-2006, 04:40 PM
"Eyedea" wrote:

It took this long to figure that out.

Sorry for being a smart ass, I just had to do it.

I am on your side with this one.

snowinapril
04-01-2006, 04:47 PM
"SharperVikings" wrote:

Yeah....see.....but culpepper wouldnt come to even meet with childress....marcus, is rehabbing, and that wasnt the problem with culpepper...The media blew that whole thing up...

Its different...

You all haven't bothered to read all of the 70-80 plus pages on this subject already.

Leaving my bias aside, I am only going to regurgitate the facts.

Bias OFF
He did meet with the coaches, he did have conversations with Childress.
Bias back ON

BTW, the Double standard was set mostly by the media and used in there stories, I don't think that I have ever heard a Viking Employee say that was the reason. We had a lot of BS reported as facts. A computer with the playbook on it that was monitored = BS. That kind of stuff.

Childress didn't want DC for what ever reason, let's move on. When he finally opened his mouth and commented on it, he basically said that it was a conflict between them.

ARGUING over why DC is gone is pointless. Fact HE IS GONE!

Ltrey33
04-01-2006, 04:55 PM
I think there is a difference between a quarterback and a wide receiver though. A QB has to know the offense inside and out, and have a great relationship with his coach and coordinator. Learning a new offense for a receiever just isn't as complicated as it is for a quarterback.

Purple Floyd
04-01-2006, 05:02 PM
If Robinson takes the same stance as DC, which I don't see happening, he is replaceable too. If you don't want to play here, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

ThorSPL
04-01-2006, 05:03 PM
Check out the articles talking about the "rehab facilities" that DC was utilizing....

Wal-Mart packing lot should do it for a key word search.

I think that is the difference

ItalianStallion
04-01-2006, 05:15 PM
Culpepper was the "leader" of this team, Marcus is a 2-4 receiver. You expect your leaders to lead by being in Minnesota and showing your trying your hardest to get better.

snowinapril
04-01-2006, 05:22 PM
Yadda Yadda Yadda, this topic still blows.

vikes09
04-01-2006, 05:31 PM
Robinson's at chicago, not some low-rate town in florida with 2nd-tier facilities for the minnesota vikings franchise quarterback. there's a difference in the facilities theyre rehabbing, but not the location they're at.

Lotza
04-01-2006, 05:43 PM
they can rehab wherever they want to! doesn't really matter. let them have their offseason.

BBQ Platypus
04-01-2006, 05:45 PM
"SharperVikings" wrote:

Its different...

Only because the management and fans don't want him to leave in the first place. If MRob had a bad '05 season like Culpepper did, I've got a feeling you wouldn't be singing the same tune. People will believe what they want to believe about a player that they want to be gone in the first place. Daunte did rehab elsewhere, but he did talk to the new coaches. I wouldn't want to have to face the average dumb@$$ fan (which, thankfully, doesn't include ANYONE on this board) after having a season like Daunte did, and I think he wanted to rehab closer to home. Just because they play for the Vikings doesn't mean they have to LIVE here, and I think Childress understood that, but felt that Daunte didn't fit in with his plans, and was sure enough of that conviction that he decided to give him the boot, which pi$sed Daunte off and made him WANT to leave.

But for better or worse, Daunte is gone. It's time to move on.

Deronn
04-01-2006, 05:52 PM
Bias on.
No matter what you do in life "leaders" are always held to different standards and expectations. There's nothing wrong with that - that's why people put their faith in them.

If Culpepper wanted to be the leader of the team, he would have come and trained here.

As a player, employee, soldier, or whatever, I wouldn't want to rally behind anyone who put in the minimum of what was expected. Winners are the the ones who do the extra things no one expects. They set the bar higher than others. That's why they succeed.

So "could" Culpepper have done his rehab in Fla? Yes
"Should" Culpepper have done his rehab in Fla? Definitely not
Bias off

Eyedea
04-01-2006, 05:58 PM
"vikes09" wrote:

Robinson's at chicago, not some low-rate town in florida with 2nd-tier facilities for the minnesota vikings franchise quarterback. there's a difference in the facilities theyre rehabbing, but not the location they're at.

ohhh Chicago. We all know chicago only has the top notch workout facilities...

you have now proof that Robinson is rehabbing at a top notch place.

Ltrey33
04-01-2006, 06:01 PM
"Eyedea" wrote:

"vikes09" wrote:

And you have proof that he isn't?

VikesfaninWis
04-01-2006, 06:02 PM
The difference being is that Marcus Robinson wants to be a Viking, and Culpepper doesn't..

Thats fine, Robinson is still with us, and Culpepper is history..

Next question please..

Ultrapurple
04-01-2006, 06:03 PM
You never know who to believe, here are some of the things that have been put out there,

1) When DC did contact Childress it was by cell phone.
2) With the sub-par season behind him and after shredding his knee, the
boat scandel looming large, he walks into winter park and demands a
raise!
3)The Strib reports he was rehabing in a strip Mall! Our franchise
quarterback is trying to show the new head trainer how well he's doing
in a Wal-Mart parking lot!
Maybe y'all have better sources than I do but at least the way it has been portrayed in the media, DC really forced this trade.
And as far as MRobb working out at home in Chicago, your comparison is flawed because he is not rehabbing from a potentially career ending injury. Again according to the Strib like 55 out of 65 guys are there in Winter Park preparing for the season. As long as Mr. Robinson comes to the mini-camp and is ready to go, I think the "TOA" will be happy!

Muggsy
04-01-2006, 06:03 PM
Daunte who? :lol:

Snowinapril's right. It's ovah wit', it's done, da foik's been stuck in it, let it go.

Step away from da Daunte post! Step away from da Daunte post!

V4L
04-01-2006, 06:04 PM
I never thought of Pep rehabbing in Florida was a problem, so I can't have a problem with M-rob doing his thing in Chi-town

I'm with Eyedea though.. Alot of people wanted Pep trade because he wasn't in Minnesota.. It felt better for him to be home.. I know when im sick or hurt I want to be home.. Not in a cold ass place far away

Eyedea
04-01-2006, 06:04 PM
"Ltrey33" wrote:

"Eyedea" wrote:

"vikes09" wrote:

And you have proof that he isn't?

I am only saying that one cannot assume he is working at a good place (as this person stated), because we have no proof

Another thing about this whole Daunte Culpepper drama, we are only hearing the story from one side and one point of view. It would be shocking if this one side is compleatly true, because this side has an reason to tell the story, and i doubt is just to let us know what happened.

Eyedea
04-01-2006, 06:08 PM
"Ultrapurple" wrote:

You never know who to believe, here are some of the things that have been put out there,

1) When DC did contact Childress it was by cell phone.
2) With the sub-par season behind him and after shredding his knee, the
boat scandel looming large, he walks into winter park and demands a
raise!
3)The Strib reports he was rehabing in a strip Mall! Our franchise
quarterback is trying to show the new head trainer how well he's doing
in a Wal-Mart parking lot!
Maybe y'all have better sources than I do but at least the way it has been portrayed in the media, DC really forced this trade.
And as far as MRobb working out at home in Chicago, your comparison is flawed because he is not rehabbing from a potentially career ending injury. Again according to the Strib like 55 out of 65 guys are there in Winter Park preparing for the season. As long as Mr. Robinson comes to the mini-camp and is ready to go, I think the "TOA" will be happy!

dont forget that Culpepper pledged that he would wait in recieving his bonus so THE TEAM could sign more free agents.

Eyedea
04-01-2006, 06:09 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

I never thought of Pep rehabbing in Florida was a problem, so I can't have a problem with M-rob doing his thing in Chi-town

I'm with Eyedea though.. Alot of people wanted Pep trade because he wasn't in Minnesota.. It felt better for him to be home.. I know when im sick or hurt I want to be home.. Not in a cold jiggly butt place far away

to add to that comment. orginally culpepper stayed in florida for his saftey. There were no steps (compared to Minnesota), and no threat of slipping on snow or ice at his house in Florida

V4L
04-01-2006, 06:17 PM
"Eyedea" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

I'm with Eyedea though.. Alot of people wanted Pep trade because he wasn't in Minnesota.. It felt better for him to be home.. I know when im sick or hurt I want to be home.. Not in a cold jiggly butt place far away

to add to that comment. orginally culpepper stayed in florida for his saftey. There were no steps (compared to Minnesota), and no threat of slipping on snow or ice at his house in Florida

That's a good point too..

Warm weather is also good for rehabbing..

Apparently he did ask for a playbook to learn the plays, but Chilldress denyed that.. I'm not sure if Pep wanted to learn the plays or not.. But rehabbing in Florida was taken way out of context

T-Bone
04-01-2006, 06:20 PM
"Lotza" wrote:

they can rehab wherever they want to! doesn't really matter. let them have their offseason.

I gotta disagree with you here. Offseason doesn't mean holidays. Players are still employees. You have a great season with no injuries, enjoy your time. You have an injury and I'm paying you 7 figures, I'd want to know how your rehab is going on a daily basis.

Roger Craig had such tough offseasons that he felt the season itself was an "offseason".

Pro football is a 12 month/year job. Hopefully Toniu is listening.

ultravikingfan
04-01-2006, 06:20 PM
"Eyedea" wrote:

Why the duplicate post?

2beersTommy
04-01-2006, 06:26 PM
as a mod here, maybe he feels u dont have enough to do ? lmao

cajunvike
04-01-2006, 06:29 PM
"Eyedea" wrote:

"vikes09" wrote:

HEY!!! Show some respect...Robinson IS working out at a better facility...he's at Bally's, there is a sushi restaurant (instead of Chinese) in his strip mall and he's using a Target parking lot for his fitness demonstrations...OBVIOUSLY better than Daunte's circumstances!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

dolphan117
04-01-2006, 06:36 PM
"vikes09" wrote:

Robinson's at chicago, not some low-rate town in florida with 2nd-tier facilities for the minnesota vikings franchise quarterback. there's a difference in the facilities theyre rehabbing, but not the location they're at.Actully here is that "2nd-tier facilitie" Looks pretty darn good to me.
http://dolphinblog.com/index0330061245pm.m30.1.htm
Be sure to check out the picks. I would post them but I dont think I can with my post count.

Ltrey33
04-01-2006, 06:39 PM
You can't see anything from that picture! All you can see is a building that says "Health South". :roll:

I really don't care if it is the best Health South in the world, it's still not going to be anywhere near the facilities of an NFL team.

The blog's biggest argument is that Childress said out the backdoor there is a Wal-Mart...when in actuality out the FRONT door is a Wal-Mart! Out the backdoor is a hospital, so I guess if Daunte falls in the Health South building they can rush him to the hospital quick. Oops...that makes a world of difference.

Out the front door...
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/ltrey33/walmartfront.jpg

Looking at the Health South building (top knotch facilities!)...
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/ltrey33/healthfront2.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/ltrey33/fronthealth.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/ltrey33/healthfront1.jpg

V4L
04-01-2006, 06:43 PM
It's funny how people can get into an argument on how good a "rehab center" might be

dolphan117
04-01-2006, 06:46 PM
"Ltrey33" wrote:

You can't see anything from that picture! All you can see is a building that says "Health South". :roll:

I really don't care if it is the best Health South in the world, it's still not going to be anywhere near the facilities of an NFL team.
Maybe, maybe not. Still not quite this though is it?

He learned the facility had a "stepmaster and some rubber bands." Sugarman reported Culpepper's knee was coming along well, but painted a disturbing picture of what occurred after being invited to observe Culpepper's movement outside.

"So you can understand where I'm coming from, there's the HealthSouth, the Chinese restaurant, the laundromat, here's the alley, out the backdoor and into the Wal-Mart parking lot," Childress said. "I'm like, `What's wrong with this picture?' Are you with me? I'm going, `Come on now. Is he better served here in the field house or the Wal-Mart parking lot?'"
Its alos worth pointing out that aparently this facility did a pretty darn good job since Culpepper is reportadly ahead of schdule with the knee although now that he is a Dolphin he is aparently working out at the Dolphins facility at least part of the time.

Edit-while your at it Ltrey could you also post the pick of the hospital that is behind the healthsouth?

V4L
04-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Who cares if there is a Wal-mart out the front door instead of the backdoor?

singersp
04-01-2006, 06:50 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"Eyedea" wrote:

"vikes09" wrote:

HEY!!! Show some respect...Robinson IS working out at a better facility...he's at Bally's, there is a sushi restaurant (instead of Chinese) in his strip mall and he's using a Target parking lot for his fitness demonstrations...OBVIOUSLY better than Daunte's circumstances!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But it is a Chinese laundry.

snowinapril
04-01-2006, 06:53 PM
"Muggsy" wrote:

Snowinapril's right. It's ovah wit', it's done, da foik's been stuck in it, let it go.

When the name change Old Man?

I was going to respond to some of these comments but........YADDA YADDA YADDA, I didn't.........and I feel better about myself.

Later

snowinapril
04-01-2006, 06:56 PM
"dolphan117" wrote:

Its alos worth pointing out that aparently this facility did a pretty darn good job since Culpepper is reportadly ahead of schdule with the knee although now that he is a Dolphin he is aparently working out at the Dolphins facility at least part of the time.

Edit-while your at it Ltrey could you also post the pick of the hospital that is behind the healthsouth?

In Bold, that is all that needs to be said. :cool:

Yadda yadda yadda, and the Dolphins found a talented QB.

Yadda yadda yadda, and maybe Marcus wants out of MN also. That is what we assumed about DC. Or maybe Marcus just wants to spend time with his family while he is getting ready to get back on the field to PLAY FOOTBALL when it counts. :cool:

singersp
04-01-2006, 07:30 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"dolphan117" wrote:

, and maybe Marcus wants out of MN also. That is what we assumed about DC. Or maybe Marcus just wants to spend time with his family while he is getting ready to get back on the field to PLAY FOOTBALL when it counts. :cool:

Been watching Seinfield lately SIA? Namely the Yadda yadda yadda episode! :grin:

snowinapril
04-01-2006, 07:41 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

"dolphan117" wrote:

, and maybe Marcus wants out of MN also. That is what we assumed about DC. Or maybe Marcus just wants to spend time with his family while he is getting ready to get back on the field to PLAY FOOTBALL when it counts. :cool:

Been watching Seinfield lately SIA? Namely the Yadda yadda yadda episode! :grin:

Of course!!!!!

"Met up with my old girlfriend last night and Yadda yadda yadda, I'm a little tired this morning!!"

RK.
04-01-2006, 07:49 PM
It would seem that the difference here is that the coach wanted Daunte back in MN at Winter Park and he refused. Robinson seems to have permission to be doing what he is doing and will be showing up for mini camp. One working with the team the other against it. :roll:

V4L
04-01-2006, 07:57 PM
This is the dumbest thread i've ever seen.. It's funny stuff though

whackthepack
04-01-2006, 08:16 PM
There are some major differences!

But 1st let me say I think Marcus is an idiot for not coming here and getting as much time with his new coaches as he can.

1. Daunte blew out a knee and that required major surgery and rehabbing!

2. Marcus had no injuries to worry about.

3. Daunte was supposed to be the leader of this team, a franchise QB! After he sucked for the 1st half of the season he abandoned his team and teammates.

4. Marcus is not the team leader he is a 3rd or 4th receiver on this team. Marcus ended the season with the Vikings and did not abandoned his teammates or team, but he is foolish to not be here!

5. Daunte was whining about money and wanted a raise when he sucked the first half of the year and then blew out a knee.

6. Marcus is not whining about money as far as I know and wants to be with the VIKES!

And for the people that still do not seem to understand after a month of debate! Daunte did not want to be here, and he orchestrated his leaving! He did it and he has what he wants, to be in Florida!

singersp
04-01-2006, 08:17 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

"dolphan117" wrote:

Of course!!!!!

"Met up with my old girlfriend last night and Yadda yadda yadda, I'm a little tired this morning!!"

LMAO! I talked to mt ex on the phone last night & yadda yadda yadda, she's still a bitch!

Muggsy
04-01-2006, 08:44 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"Muggsy" wrote:

When the name change Old Man?

I was going to respond to some of these comments but........YADDA YADDA YADDA, I didn't.........and I feel better about myself.

Later

Me mouthpiece lawyer said I might get a bedda chance for a parole if I come clean wit' me real name. Anyways, it's easier ta spell..... :smile: