PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Draft NFCN Season Predictions

Gift
03-31-2006, 09:21 PM
Hey Folks, I'm a little bored at work so I though it would be fun to see how everyone would rate our chances next year. I'm planning to bookmark this so I can see how our predictions faired at the end of the season.

Vikings 10-6 (Division Champs)
Chicago Bears 9-7 (miss playoffs)
Detroit Lions 7-9 (start their road to recovery)
Green bayPackers 2-14 (if that)

Points of Interest:

Vikes
T-Will will have a breakout year
Our running game will not develop as we like due to injuries on the left side of our line.
Our D will rise into the top 10 in the NFL

Bears
Their lack of offense will really begin to haunt them as teams figure out how to move the ball on a slightly weak D from last year
QB controversy still follows but this time between Grossman & Griese
Griese will start the majority of the games & Grossman will fall to back-up status

Lions
A solid vet QB will really improve their leadership, passing game & take some stress off their rather weak D
They will start slow but end the season on 4-6 game winning streak
Their weak O-line will still keep them out of playoff contention

Packers
Farve statistically has his worst season ever & retires
They suck, who cares

Keep in mind this is all straight from my ass but I thought it would be fun to take a break from the off-season drama to dream for a few.
:razz:

MplsViking
03-31-2006, 09:28 PM
i think this is how it will shake out:
Vikings: 11-5, and division champs
Bears: 10-6, and wild card team
Lions: 6-10, miss the playoffs
Packers: 6-10, miss playoffs

VIkings WILL WIN THE Division, i think the bears will be a wildcard, lions still suck, but i don't think the packers will do as bad as you say, even though i hate them with all my guts!

purpleFavreEaters
03-31-2006, 11:34 PM
I am being realistic and will have to say we finish at 10-6 or 9-7.

NordicNed
03-31-2006, 11:50 PM
I say we have a real shot at going 11-5 and winning our division outright....

Stop and think,

Our season started out last year like a bomb was droped on us.

Our coach is making headlines with the ticket scalping.

One of our promising upcoming RB's is lost due to a bad wizzinator..

Some key players get caught with there pants down on a Love Boat Ride.

Our starting QB goes down with a serious injury, lost for season....

We bounced back with a Solid upcoming D and an offense that did just enough at times and not enough at others..

This year, the same D is back with improvements already.

The Offense looks to have upgraded very well so far.

New Coach, who will Coach and not be a mother....

New team attitude, new look, but solid core that will be only added to.

I say we go at least 11-5 if not better......

I have a feeling we are going to see the team that we all thought we would be seeing last year.

But without all the media crap, and a squad with a true mission and attitude.

The Division is ours to be taken, and the sky is the limit...

Slade
03-31-2006, 11:55 PM
I think 10-6 sounds about right. That may change after the 2006 Schedule is released. We missed the playoffs so there might be some scrubs in there (like play GB 4 times)LOL

Prophet
03-31-2006, 11:57 PM
I'm going with 9-7, winning the tie-breaker with the Bears for the division.

smootbythefoot
04-01-2006, 12:27 AM
10-6 is my prediction

mattjenny3
04-01-2006, 12:57 AM
19-0
Super Bowl champs
Frick the Dolphins

purplepride818
04-01-2006, 01:18 AM
this is our schedule next year

home:bears, lions, packers, cardinals, rams, patriots, jets, panthers

away:bears, lions, packers, 49ers, seahawks, bills, dolphins, redskins

the hardest teams we have to face are at home in the pats and panthers
the only real tough team away is the seahawks and maybe the dolphins

so i say we go at least 11-5

Jeremy
04-01-2006, 01:45 AM
5-11

New coaching staff means new system for everyone to learn. We get swept by the Bears, win 3 of 4 against Lions/Packers. Lose at home to Arizona, Rams, Pats, Panthers on the road to the Seaducks, Bills, Fins and Monday night against the Skins in the opener.

shawn9876uss
04-01-2006, 01:47 AM
I say we go 10-6 for the season we have too much talent to go 5-11

2beersTommy
04-01-2006, 01:48 AM
"Jeremy" wrote:

5-11

New coaching staff means new system for everyone to learn. We get swept by the Bears, win 3 of 4 against Lions/Packers. Lose at home to Arizona, Rams, Pats, Panthers on the road to the Seaducks, Bills, Fins and Monday night against the Skins in the opener.

:shock: NFW

ultravikingfan
04-01-2006, 02:00 AM
"Jeremy" wrote:

5-11

http://sk1pper.com/start_being_funny.bmp

LAVike
04-01-2006, 02:02 AM
10-6 sounds optimistic enough without getting way ahead of myself . . . I loved all the 12-4 talk I heard last year.

Jeremy
04-01-2006, 02:03 AM
"2beersTommy" wrote:

"Jeremy" wrote:

5-11

:shock: NFWCardnals bought a running game. They couldn't scrore in the redzone. Edge fixes that for them. Defensively and offensively they are a better team.

The Rams are light years ahead of us on offense. They bought a defense this offseason.

The Pats were a playoff team last year. The Vikes were not.

Buffolo is not an easy place to play for a dome team.

Maimi went from 4-12 to 9-7 with Saben in one year. They actually have a decent QB now who's two months ahead of scedule on rehab.

Jeremy
04-01-2006, 02:06 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Jeremy" wrote:

5-11

http://sk1pper.com/start_being_funny.bmp
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/jerthemessiah/Funny/stopposting.jpg

ultravikingfan
04-01-2006, 02:07 AM
"Jeremy" wrote:

"2beersTommy" wrote:

"Jeremy" wrote:

5-11

:shock: NFWCardnals bought a running game. They couldn't scrore in the redzone. Edge fixes that for them. Defensively and offensively they are a better team.

The Rams are light years ahead of us on offense. They bought a defense this offseason.

Maimi went from 4-12 to 9-7 with Saben in one year. They actually have a decent QB now who's two months ahead of scedule on rehab.

In our worst years we went 5-11.

You are factoring in all theses teams gunk, what about ours?

-We have a healthy Birk

-We have a All Pro Guard

-We have a QB who does not fumble every 8th play.

-We have a guy that can carry the ball 25 times a game.

-We added a quality player in the secondary.

LongtimeVikesfan
04-01-2006, 02:46 AM
"Jeremy" wrote:

"2beersTommy" wrote:

"Jeremy" wrote:

5-11

The Cardinals did buy a running back but they need someone to block for him.

The Rams are no better than the Vikes on offense, probably not as good as the Vikes. We just bought an Offense that will pound the ball up any teams gut.

The Pats lost some key players; the only savior for them is their coach.

Buffalo is in total disarray with their players and coaching staff.

Miami will be hot and cold. I don't think DC will be 100% by the start of the season.

Vikings 10-6; Maybe 11-5 if Childress is real smart with the team’s strengths.

BigMoInAZ
04-01-2006, 03:01 AM
Hey you want optimistic or reality based opinions?

I think we stand a shot on going 8-8 maybe 9-7 at best with a new coaching staff, an improved offensive line and an unproven new defense with some missing parts. The loss of veterans like Johnstone, Cowart, Newman, Chavous and Williams haven't been replaced yet with unproven players like Leber, Scott, and Tank Williams. The draft and June 1st cuts will tell more about where this teams chances lye, but for today, I stick with the optimistic opinion of 8-8!

arialassault84
04-01-2006, 03:09 AM
7-9 get our ass waxed by Pepp and the Phins, Scottie and the Rams, Moss and the Raiders. Three years from were talking anout how big of a mistake Childress was.
Childress came in and cleaned house. Got rid of all the Stars and replaced them with a bunch of losers. He's a man on an EGO TRIP and someone needs to POP his Huge HEAD! He will become the biggest joke in the NFL.
Superbowl or not Tice's team was fun to watch.
Maybe i am wrong but if I'm not their will be a long running joke about Czar Childress.

I hate the WC OFFENSE.

Lotza
04-01-2006, 03:26 AM
"arialassault84" wrote:

7-9 get our ass waxed by Pepp and the Phins, Scottie and the Rams, Moss and the Raiders. Three years from were talking anout how big of a mistake Childress was.
Childress came in and cleaned house. Got rid of all the Stars and replaced them with a bunch of losers. He's a man on an EGO TRIP and someone needs to POP his Huge HEAD! He will become the biggest joke in the NFL.
Maybe i am wrong but if I'm not their will be a long running joke about Czar Childress.

I hate the WC OFFENSE.wha?

dude. A bunch of losers?

go back to the raidersboard!

renovikesfan
04-01-2006, 04:00 AM
"arialassault84" wrote:

7-9 get our jiggly butt waxed by Pepp and the Phins, Scottie and the Rams, Moss and the Raiders. Three years from were talking anout how big of a mistake Childress was.

I hate the WC OFFENSE.

Okay...we may not have as good a season as some are predicting (12-4, 11-5), but lay off the Hate-orade, arial...LOL We were on a constant rollercoaster with Daunte & Co. It had it's highs and lows, but never quite reached the highest high due to inconsistency from one part of the team or another, be it at the QB position, Defense, or the coaching staff.

This team needed an enema, and that's what they got. I, for one, am excited to see how things pan out.

I predict a bumpy road for us (at least for the first quarter or half of the season) while everyone gets accustomed to their new surroundings and teammates.

Vikings 10-6
Bears 8-8
Lions 8-8
Packers 6-10

damien927
04-01-2006, 04:19 AM
"arialassault84" wrote:

7-9 get our jiggly butt waxed by Pepp and the Phins, Scottie and the Rams, Moss and the Raiders. Three years from were talking anout how big of a mistake Childress was.

I hate the WC OFFENSE.

Maybe you are wrong? Are you kidding me? I hope the long running joke is about the PLAYER lovin' arialassault84. Those of us that are fans of the TEAM can see that what Childress is doing is what is best for the team. It may not work out as well as we hope, but we didn't win shiite with either of our "star" players anyway. While I think we would be a better offense with Moss, Culpepper is addition by subtraction. WHile he has talent and can win you games, the fact that he is a headcase will probably prevent him from winning and LEADING a team to the promise land. Maybe you should start spending your time over at the Phins and Radiers boards. I am not saying people shouldn't be realistic, but if you hate everything about the team..... get off the FAN site.

Jeremy
04-01-2006, 04:24 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Jeremy" wrote:

"2beersTommy" wrote:

"Jeremy" wrote:

5-11

In our worst years we went 5-11.

You are factoring in all theses teams gunk, what about ours?

-We have a healthy Birk

-We have a All Pro Guard

-We have a QB who does not fumble every 8th play.

-We have a guy that can carry the ball 25 times a game.

-We added a quality player in the secondary.The right side of the line is still not fixed.

Johnson won't lose games for you but he's not going to beat you with his arm either. We will have a very conserative offense that will lack the ability to bring us back from behind. It works great if your winning to hand it off and dump the ball to the TE but when your losing it's worthless.

Taylor has been a career backup and he's 213 lbs. I'm not sure if 25 carries a game suits him.

We added a quility player in the seconday and lost one as well. Who's the nickle back? Ralph Brown?

Jeremy
04-01-2006, 04:28 AM
"LongtimeVikesfan" wrote:

"Jeremy" wrote:

"2beersTommy" wrote:

"Jeremy" wrote:

5-11

The Cardinals did buy a running back but they need someone to block for him.

The Rams are no better than the Vikes on offense, probably not as good as the Vikes. We just bought an Offense that will pound the ball up any teams gut.

The Pats lost some key players; the only savior for them is their coach.

Buffalo is in total disarray with their players and coaching staff.

Miami will be hot and cold. I don't think DC will be 100% by the start of the season.

Vikings 10-6; Maybe 11-5 if Childress is real smart with the team’s strengths.Rams were 9th in total offense and the Vikes were 25th. They have 7 guys on offense that could come in and start for us. Bulger, Jackson, Bruce, Holt, Curtis, Ogden and Timmerman.

Pats still have Brady.

Culpepper at 80% is better than Ferotte at 100%

Jeremy
04-01-2006, 04:35 AM
"damien927" wrote:

"arialassault84" wrote:

I hate the WC OFFENSE.

Maybe you are wrong? Are you kidding me? I hope the long running joke is about the PLAYER lovin' arialassault84. Those of us that are fans of the TEAM can see that what Childress is doing is what is best for the team. It may not work out as well as we hope, but we didn't win shiite with either of our "star" players anyway. While I think we would be a better offense with Moss, Culpepper is addition by subtraction. WHile he has talent and can win you games, the fact that he is a headcase will probably prevent him from winning and LEADING a team to the promise land. Maybe you should start spending your time over at the Phins and Radiers boards. I am not saying people shouldn't be realistic, but if you hate everything about the team..... get off the FAN site.He has a point though. Even when we were losing the team was fun to watch. Culpepper to Moss kept everyone glued to the games. If we don't win now what is going to keep everyone glued to the games? Johnson to Robinson? Barf.

I too would rather see winning over a bunch of scoring, but if they don't win this year there isn't much to keep the casual fan's interest. They are setting themselves up for a possible disaster.

whackthepack
04-01-2006, 06:14 AM
"arialassault84" wrote:

I hate the WC OFFENSE.

It was so exciting going 5 - 11, 6 - 10, 9 -7, 8 -8, 9 - 7

Making the playoffs 1 time in the last 6 years.

0 Division titles, 0 Conference titles and 0 Superbowl's.

It was exciting!

Give me ho hum and a Superbowl win, and I will take that over exciting every day of the frickin week!

alberta_vike
04-01-2006, 07:02 AM
The right side of the line is still not fixed.

Johnson won't lose games for you but he's not going to beat you with his arm either. We will have a very conserative offense that will lack the ability to bring us back from behind. It works great if your winning to hand it off and dump the ball to the TE but when your losing it's worthless.

Taylor has been a career backup and he's 213 lbs. I'm not sure if 25 carries a game suits him.

We added a quility player in the seconday and lost one as well. Who's the nickle back? Ralph Brown?

The right side of the line is not that big of an issue. Marcus Johnson really came on last year, and will be a solid starter at tackle. The guard position is a little bit more up in the air, but out of Liwienski, Goldberg, and Herrera, one of them will step up. They may not be Pro Bowl caliber players, but there's going to be three Probowlers on this line already.

Brad Johnson win games. He went 7 - 2 last year, with a line nowhere near as talented as this one, and less skill at the running back position. He will continue to win games this year.

Tiki Barber - 200
Warrick Dunn - 180
Marshall Faulk - 211
Priest Holmes - 213 ( And a 'career backup' for Baltimore until he went to KC )
Clinton Portis - 212
Cadillac Williams - 217

Clearly, by your logic, none of these guys can carry the ball 25 times per game either.

The nickel back at the moment is probabaly Devonte Edwards. He played well last year for an undrafted free agent. I do agree with you on this one though, a veteran corner would be nice to play behind Smoot and Winfield.

I'm not trying to say we will go 12 - 4 or 13 - 3 next season, but I think you are underestimating this team a bit.

alberta_vike
04-01-2006, 07:15 AM
Rams were 9th in total offense and the Vikes were 25th. They have 7 guys on offense that could come in and start for us. Bulger, Jackson, Bruce, Holt, Curtis, Ogden and Timmerman.

Pats still have Brady.

Culpepper at 80% is better than Ferotte at 100%

I don't agree that Bulger, Jackson, and Curtis would all start for us. Bulger is a turnover machine, and has never really impressed me that much. Jackson is good, but I'm just not 100% sold on him, although that's just my opinion. As for Curtis, I would rather have Williamson, K. Robinson, Taylor, or M. Robinson over him. As good as Ogden is, I was extremely impressed with McKinnie last season, and am glad he is our left tackle.

The Patriots game is going to be a tough one, but I will not be surprised if the Vikes pull out a win. I also won't be surprised if the Pats dominate the game and win by 30 points. Could go either way I think. I feel pretty much the same way about the Dolphins.

UTVikfan
04-01-2006, 05:24 PM
This to me is fun. All the Optimists pile on the "realist" pessimists. Is there really a reason to be optimistic?

We have a completely rookie coaching team (at their present position), Rookie Gm, and a triad of a power ladder, that spells TROUBLE to me. No one is going to be responsible. No one is going to be in control. Kinda like having no OC for a year.

The worst part is, we have 56 players learning new schemes. Talent is nice, but, no matter how talented if they have no clue what they are doing....they are gonna suck. Supposedly it takes 3 years to learn the WC offense. Not one.

My guess is, we are 3rd in the division, with a 8-8 best possible, and a 5-11 worst. IF Childress is going to part the red sea, turn water to wine, and pull a rabbit outta his...... like everyone seems to thingk, then ya' we could be 9 - 7. I haven't seen anything to impress me yet. He hasn't handled his players well, yet, that I have seen. Just sent them packing. Who cant do that?

New coaching staff completely, new QB, new OC, DC, ST coach, new offense, new defense, new line, new DB's, new you name it. That is called rebuilding folks. Usually, it sucks.

vikes09
04-01-2006, 05:44 PM
"UTVikfan" wrote:

This to me is fun. All the Optimists pile on the "realist" pessimists. Is there really a reason to be optimistic?

We have a completely rookie coaching team (at their present position), Rookie Gm, and a triad of a power ladder, that spells TROUBLE to me. No one is going to be responsible. No one is going to be in control. Kinda like having no OC for a year.

The worst part is, we have 56 players learning new schemes. Talent is nice, but, no matter how talented if they have no clue what they are doing....they are gonna suck. Supposedly it takes 3 years to learn the WC offense. Not one.

My guess is, we are 3rd in the division, with a 8-8 best possible, and a 5-11 worst. IF Childress is going to part the red sea, turn water to wine, and pull a rabbit outta his...... like everyone seems to thingk, then ya' we could be 9 - 7. I haven't seen anything to impress me yet. He hasn't handled his players well, yet, that I have seen. Just sent them packing. Who cant do that?

New coaching staff completely, new QB, new OC, DC, ST coach, new offense, new defense, new line, new DB's, new you name it. That is called rebuilding folks. Usually, it sucks.

who hasnt childress handled poorly besides culpepper? and that was shaky waters to say the least. 1 player gone bad and the "realists" start saying it's the end of the world, a 5-11 season, and a rebuilding perioud, and a packer-like season. culpepper NEVER impressed me this last season, and in no way looked like a leader. now he's not on the team so quit looking back, and enjoy the new.

farvathevikinglover
04-01-2006, 07:17 PM
5-11 is bull man, and heres why: johnson got us 7 straight wins, chester brings stability to the running game for the first time in a while and hes also good with low mileage, we got k-rob travis t-will and m-rob at receiver and k-rob was a probowl returner, jeramine Wiggins is a nice big tight end with nice hands, one of our leading recievers. we got a good line. on the left we got the improving mckinnie, one of the best guards in the nfl in hutchinson, matt birk is awesome (when healthy), and were alright on the right.

on defense we got an sweet d-line (the Williams), although our linebackers need work (hobefully leber will help) winfield and smoot are good, we brought in tank williams, and of course Sharpers just awesome

at the very LEAST well go 9-7

wyorob
04-01-2006, 07:34 PM
I agree with purpleFavreEaters, We have done great in the off season now it will take a year to gel as a team. We will be a good team and no one will take us for granted but We will not kick butt. If for some miracle Childress gets everyone on the same page with the new system finds the key players in that system we would be great but there is not enough time to iron it all out with all the changes and key moves made.

wyorob
04-01-2006, 07:38 PM
Well said vikes09... I agree but I think we will be better than 3rd in the division. Detroit just flat out suckd, GB is in shambles and Chicagos offense is like watching the High school Junior varsity play. At most I think 10-6 but not lowew than 8-8.

Mikecarter81
04-01-2006, 07:55 PM
I think 9-7, possibly 10-6. While your right teams in the NFl take time to gel, but on average ever NFL team traditionally changes 20% or more of their players, thus meaning every team is in transisition and needing to gel.

I buy into the belief that you build a team closest to the ball and away, thus working on good Offensive lines and Defensive lines is important. I think our team has done that. The D line is strong Both Williams play well and we were really starting to see a Erasmus James coming into his own late.

I also think the o line is going to improve considerably with a healthy Birk. Blocking in the NFL is complicated and thus having the "QB" of the line to call blocking assignments is paramount. Birk brings that back to this team.

I think one area that seems questionable is special teams. Sure its good to bring in Longwell, but what about Punter. Kluwe is coming off a ACL repair. NO NFL punter has ever recovered from one of those types of injuries.

Mike

V4L
04-01-2006, 08:01 PM
9-7 sounds logical with upgrades and new coaches..

We have a fairly easy schedule..

Sweep the Pack and the Lions.. (4)

Beat the Bears at home (5)

Beat Ariz.. They are my sleep team but Edge won't be able to run behind that line as effectivly (6)

Beat the Bills (7)

Beat rams.. They still have a horrible D (8)

And we will take a win somewhere..

UTVikfan
04-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Last year I predicted 12-4. After we went 1-3, I predicted 12-4 again. I really do hope this year, I am as wrong as I was last year.

Mr-holland
04-02-2006, 05:22 PM
10-6

vikeswin2005
04-02-2006, 05:25 PM
[quote="arialassault84"]7-9 get our jiggly butt waxed by Pepp and the Phins, Scottie and the Rams, Moss and the Raiders. Three years from were talking anout how big of a mistake Childress was.
I hate the WC OFFENSE.[/quote

we play them in PRESEASON

vikeswin2005
04-02-2006, 05:26 PM
11-5

NordicNed
04-02-2006, 05:54 PM
2006 Schedule

Home

Chicago TBA W
Detroit TBA W
Green Bay TBA W
Arizona TBA W
St. Louis TBA W
New England TBA W
N.Y. Jets TBA W
Carolina TBA W

Away

Chicago TBA L
Detroit TBA L
Green Bay TBA W
San Francisco TBA W
Seattle TBA L
Buffalo TBA W
Miami TBA W
Washington " Opening Game 7PM CST" L

These picks put us at 12 Wins 4 Loses

I'll have to look and pick again when the actual schedual comes out, could be some situations where we may be caught looking ahead, or where the schedual favors us....The later of the two I really doubt, the league usually screws us with schedualing....

ThePurplePotato
04-02-2006, 06:00 PM
A lot of these will depend on where the games are played but I think we can go at least 10-6 but most likely 11-5. We'll take Seattle down on sheer emotion, St. Louis is still a year away from anything, Arizona stinks and San Francisco stinks. Our usual one win against Chicago, take two from Detroit, two from Green Bay, the rest are toss ups. Half of the AFC East is tough, the other half isn't. I say we take two from them. Carolina and Washington are wild card games. We should get Carolina at home so we can pay them back for last season. It will be interesting to watch, that's for sure.

Seattle
St. Louis
Arizona
San Francisco
Chicago (2)
Detroit (2)
Green Bay (2)
Washington
Carolina
New England
Miami
Buffalo
NY Jets

PackSux!
04-02-2006, 06:05 PM
You can call me crazy now, but in the end I plan on saying I told ya so!

14-2

NordicNed
04-02-2006, 06:09 PM
"PackSux!" wrote:

You can call me crazy now, but in the end I plan on saying I told ya so!

14-2 I wouldn't say thats crazy, just very optimistic....

But I'de still like to see the actual line-up and what order we play the teams in......

MplsViking
04-02-2006, 06:10 PM
[quote="purplepride818"]this is our schedule next year

home:bears, lions, packers, cardinals, rams, patriots, jets, panthers

away:bears, lions, packers, 49ers, seahawks, bills, dolphins, redskins

the hardest teams we have to face are at home in the pats and panthers
the only real tough team away is the seahawks and maybe the dolphins
home:bears are pretty good also
away:Redskins, i think they are pretty good, you might want to add them

PurplePeopleEaters
04-02-2006, 06:15 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

9-7 sounds logical with upgrades and new coaches..

We have a fairly easy schedule..

Sweep the Pack and the Lions.. (4)

Beat the Bears at home (5)

Beat Ariz.. They are my sleep team but Edge won't be able to run behind that line as effectivly (6)

Beat the Bills (7)

Beat rams.. They still have a horrible D (8)

And we will take a win somewhere..

I agree. If we can take another win somewhere else then we will be 9-7... Maybe 10-6 if we are better than we think. I seriously don't think that is a super optimistic prediction.

Braddock
04-25-2006, 08:34 PM
Now that the schedule has been out for a while and with the Draft on the horizon, all the teams being critiqued, sized-up, etc... any guesses or comments on projected records? Obviously a lot is still up in the air, but I figured you get busy guessing and gossiping, or you get busy dying. Myself, I see us winning at least 10 easy with an impressive defeat over Culpepper and the Dolphins :D.

ultravikingfan
04-25-2006, 09:31 PM
Try these:

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=21558&highlight=prediction

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=21148&highlight=prediction

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=20920&highlight=prediction

BadlandsVikings
04-25-2006, 09:47 PM
I'm hoping for 11-5.

midgensa
04-25-2006, 09:49 PM
I am sitting on the 9-7/10-6 fence ... but I like our chances at taking the division ...

boognish
04-25-2006, 09:50 PM
"midgensa" wrote:

I am sitting on the 9-7/10-6 fence ... but I like our chances at taking the division ...

Agreed.

ultravikingfan
04-25-2006, 09:53 PM
19-0

elgordo
04-25-2006, 10:03 PM
Who the f**k are all these people claiming to be Viking fans????????

If you think the Vikings will go 8 - 8, ok.

But if you say anything worse than that, you are just a Packer Fan wearing purple.

Anyone who thinks that Childress will be worse than that idiot Tice knows nothing about football.

WinonaVike
04-25-2006, 10:21 PM
"elgordo" wrote:

But if you say anything worse than that, you are just a Packer Fan wearing purple.

Anyone who thinks that Childress will be worse than that idiot Tice knows nothing about football.

Some of the best fans i know are willing to state their opinion even if fans like you disagree...that said i dont think they will go anything worse than 8-8 but people are entitled to their opnion, if you think their wrong but to accuse them of being Packer fans is a little harsh. Its the NFL, anything can happen.

whackthepack
04-25-2006, 10:23 PM
10 - 6 and we make the playoffs for the worst case, I think we could slip up to the 11 - 5 mark and beat the Bears for the Division title.

mnjamie
04-25-2006, 10:24 PM
"elgordo" wrote:

Just a few thoughts:

I'm as optimistic as the next guy, but am mostly a realist by nature. I can see things not going well this year for a few reasons.

1) New ownership - first draft, etc. still to come
2) Entirely new football management group except Rob B.
3) New head coach - No NFL head coaching experience to date.
4) Same as above, but new offensive scheme
5) New defensive coordinator with new defensive scheme
6) New feature running back, still unproven
7) New left guard and new right tackle with someone thrown in at right guard.
8) All-Pro center coming back after a full year off.
9) Ageing QB stepping behind a talented, but still not "gelled" offensive line.
10) No NFL proven #1 WR that we know for a fact can handle the load with double teams.
11) Weak LB corps entering a new scheme in which most don't fit "perfectly".

This list could go on .... But don't make the statement you did through "purple hazed" glasses, as it could get ugly before it gets better. New pieces to the puzzle have shown with history in the NFL to take time to come together, if they even ever do.

SharperVikings
04-25-2006, 10:26 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

19-0

Right on!

Euphman06
04-25-2006, 10:33 PM
Jeremy... why are you even on this board??? Go back to wearing the cheesehead. If your intellect hasn't told you yet.. this board is for people who ENJOY talking about the Vikes and have a possitive outlook on the vikes. Yes we all have opinions.. but everyone of yours that I have read so far have been negative... Just, for my sake, tell me ONE thing that you like about this team! You make it seem like you think you are god and your opinion is so much more informed than everyone elses. TROLL!

Braddock
04-26-2006, 12:51 AM
"arialassault84" wrote:

I hate the WC OFFENSE.

I have to agree with the bold, but i'm not sure he's filling the team with losers... and we do need a COACH, not a babysitter. I liked Tice, but it's like President Carter and the economy...He gets blamed for the bad stuff that he can't work with, even if it's not his fault (excusing the scalping, which i don't care about anyway)

VikesfaninWis
04-26-2006, 01:00 AM
I went with 12-4.. I know the hopes are up there, but we have improved a great deal, and have alot better players. I see us nothing lower then 10-6, but I think we will be 12-4.

Braddock
04-26-2006, 01:01 AM
Also want to point out, I think things are better than they were last year... The sense of change, new faces, new uni's, new stadium(on the horizon...sometime) and that'll help reinvigorate the guys. Anyone claiming we need to worry about our new QB must have missed the last half of last season. The guys can, and did, rally behind B. Johnson and now that they'll be training all off season like that.... I have reasons to be optimistic. the Vikings needed an overhaul and it may not happen immediately but the new faces point us in a new direction that we desperately needed. Plus, seeing a team that has so many new elements hopefully succeed would be great for the team and NFL as a whole. Boost our fanbase and pp.org's membership :)