PDA

View Full Version : A few Vikings tidbits from KFFL (30 March 2006)

Prophet
03-30-2006, 02:54 PM
Vikings | Childress surprised by R. Owens
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 05:48:55 -0800

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress said if one player surprised him so far early in the team's conditioning program, it would be TE Richard Owens. He said Owens' versatility will allow him to work as a traditional tight end and at fullback, while also playing on all four special teams.

Vikings | Team has good participation at conditioning program
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 05:47:52 -0800

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress said 55 of the team's 64 players are working out regularly in the offseason strength and conditioning program.

Vikings | T. Williamson impressing Childress
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 05:45:53 -0800

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress has been impressed by WR Troy Williamson during early offseason workouts. "He catches it better than I thought," Childress said. "Does he need release skills at the line of scrimmage? Yes, he does. But he is pretty young, and he was inactive a lot last year. I expect him to make a big jump from Year 1 to Year 2."

ChezPizmo
03-30-2006, 02:58 PM
Looks like they are making some good progress already in the so far off-season. Good to hear.

Big C
03-30-2006, 03:30 PM
I'm glad to see Owens and Williamson coming around a little. I am really hoping for Troy to have a good season. Nothing monstrous, but a nice solid season. It sure is nice to have an offseason with "poison-pill" controvercies rather than the good old Whizzinator and ticket scalping.

I really like Mike Tice (more as a person than a coach) but have so far been impressed with how Childress is handling things. I am starting to see why many thought he was hands down the best head coach candidate out there. So happy that Wilf landed him.

NodakPaul
03-30-2006, 03:30 PM
Brad Childress has been impressed by WR Troy Williamson during early offseason workouts

Yes! We are going to have an incredible 1-2-3 with Robinson, Taylor and Williamson!

mr.woo
03-30-2006, 03:34 PM
yeah you go troy.

Hooversham
03-30-2006, 04:18 PM
Man, I hope that in this new WCO, Williamson gets a chance to show some speed by catching balls over the middle and getting into the open field. He's not a fly pattern receiver, he's a catch the ball and turn on the jets type receiver. My .02.