PDA

View Full Version : Moss vs. Vikings

briboy75
03-29-2006, 10:46 PM
When Moss returns to the dome against the Vikings would you rather see him score one last time, or see him shut down? Normally its a no brainer that you want to see your defense shut a former player down but this is the preseason, Moss is still well liked most fans, and i think fans would would to see him score for nastalgic reasons.

ultravikingfan
03-29-2006, 10:49 PM
Shutdown.

If Carter came back I would say the same.

Play hard...extra hard, bust him up, no hold barred against anybody.

I cheer for the logo representing the team, not the name on the back of the jersey. :wink:

DarrinNelsonguy
03-29-2006, 10:50 PM
I want to see our defense shut him down and a Viking victory, even if it is a preseason game. Then instead of the "I wish we still had Moss threads" we will have "Man Moss is washed up" threads for a week straight.

Always root for the greater good of the Vikings!

FedjeViking
03-29-2006, 10:52 PM
No scores from Moss in anything other than a Viking uniform! :lol:

canadian_vikes_fan
03-29-2006, 10:52 PM
Well, given the choice, I'd like to see the Raiders get negative net yards and get shutout, but seeing as we'll probably have to give them a few yards at some point, I'd rather it be Moss than anyone else - I still cheer for the guy.

I think there's a big difference between Randy and Daunte. Rnady didn't really do anything wrong - he didn't ask to be traded or complain or anything. So he's still in my good books because I remember how awesome he was in purple and how sad I was when he was traded.

cajunvike
03-29-2006, 10:55 PM
As long as the Raiders lose to us, Randy can have a great game. No hard feelings with him...we just had to go our seperate ways...business as usual in the NFL!

Gift
03-29-2006, 11:02 PM
Im with Cajun, randy can score 1, aslong as we score 2!

jkjuggalo
03-29-2006, 11:04 PM
You know they are going to try as hard as they can to get Randy into the endzone, so odds are he does score if they get in the red zone.

The only reason I would want that to happen is to see what sort of celebration Randy does. Will he show some maturity and class or will he try to piss everyone off? He says he still has love for Minny, so let's find out if that's true.

ryanmurphy
03-29-2006, 11:05 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

As long as the Raiders lose to us, Randy can have a great game. No hard feelings with him...we just had to go our seperate ways...business as usual in the NFL!

I agree

ChiTownVike
03-29-2006, 11:05 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Shutdown.

I cheer for the logo representing the team, not the name on the back of the jersey. :wink:

I wit ya their bro

I hope we nail him

He was once my favorite player, but that was once

NodakPaul
03-29-2006, 11:06 PM
I want our D to shut them down. It's our house! But if anybody on the Raiders score, I hope it is Randy.

WinonaVike
03-29-2006, 11:07 PM
He's playing the Vikes, of course we want to shut him down.

WisconsinSucks
03-29-2006, 11:10 PM
Why do people keep saying that Randy did nothing to get traded?

If HE would have kept from disrupting the team, HE would still be in MN running the CHUCK IT play.

SHUT HIM DOWN.

briboy75
03-29-2006, 11:43 PM
I want the vikings to win, but if moss scored, i'd cheer.

wyorob
03-29-2006, 11:54 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Shutdown.

Well said!

LL-MMan
03-30-2006, 12:44 AM
Raiders are my 2nd team. It won't hurt me either way.

singersp
03-30-2006, 01:05 AM
I'll welcome him back to the dome, but after that, the only scoring I want to see is by the Vikings.

vikesoto
03-30-2006, 01:38 AM
Lock up the boos, I'll be there with a couple Raider fans......yeah,like they don't drink!

SharperVikings
03-30-2006, 01:47 AM
"FedjeViking" wrote:

No scores from Moss in anything other than a Viking uniform! :lol:

RIGHT ON!!

minvikes01
03-30-2006, 02:37 AM
With that new celebration rule if he does score a TD, there'll be consequences for his antics

vikesoto
03-30-2006, 03:31 AM
I cheered for C.C. when he came back as a Dolphin, for John Randle when he came back as a Seachicken, and for both Randall McDaniel and Jeff Christy when they came back with Tampa.I'll do the same for The Freak !!

singersp
03-30-2006, 04:21 AM
I'll bet one thing right now, those pre-season game tickets will go a lot higher on eBay than your typical pre-season tickets sell for.

Accents
03-30-2006, 07:21 PM
Cheer for Moss when he runs on the field, then shut the Raiders down!

I bet Moss has some special antics reserved for a touchdown in the Dome! :???:

Accents

twiztedfait
03-30-2006, 07:27 PM
Cheer for his when he enters.

I would also give him a shout out if he scored a TD. I personally think it would be funny if the opposing team got cheers for a score during a game.

triedandtruevikesfan
03-30-2006, 07:30 PM
I wish Randy nothing but the best, but I'm a Vikings fan. I don't want to see ANY WR do well against us! Shut the man down!

V4L
03-30-2006, 07:30 PM
I hope he scores but we win by a long shot

VikesfaninWis
03-30-2006, 08:01 PM
I would like to see our new defense shut Moss down, but I wouldn't be pissed if he scored a TD. I love Moss, he is a great player, he has skills. I wish to god that Wilf had a say in that trade last season. I wish Moss was still in purple and yellow.. Could you imagine a 1-2 punch with Moss and K-Rob? That would be sweet..

UndisputedVike
03-30-2006, 08:19 PM
Could you imagine a 1-2 punch with Moss and K-Rob? That would be sweet..

If we still had Moss I don't think we would have picked up K. Rob.

Moss opened up alot for our other recievers, We would have had Moss, M. Rob Travis Taylor and Burleson.

NodakPaul
03-30-2006, 08:28 PM
"UndisputedVike" wrote:

Moss opened up alot for our other recievers, We would have had Moss, M. Rob Travis Taylor and Burleson.

Hmmm. Good point. Of course, K-Rob was friends with Brian Williams, and he was fairly instrumental in getting him here, so it still could have been a possibility. Either way, K-Rob is our #1 reciever now, and I am pretty happy with that fact.

UndisputedVike
03-30-2006, 08:32 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"UndisputedVike" wrote:

Hmmm. Good point. Of course, K-Rob was friends with Brian Williams, and he was fairly instrumental in getting him here, so it still could have been a possibility. Either way, K-Rob is our #1 reciever now, and I am pretty happy with that fact.

Agreed

BigMoInAZ
03-30-2006, 09:21 PM
If he's healthy, If we see their first string offense for longer than a quarter, If it actually mattered! I would be pleasantly surprised to see Randy shut down entirely, at least then I could say our defense might actually have improved from last year, but in the end, it's only a preseason game and to me that's UNIMPORTANT in regards to the outcome of the game!

mnvikes61
03-31-2006, 02:05 AM
I hope he gets shut down. Personally I think his best years are behind him and that we got rid of him at just the right moment this is all jmho though.

V4L
03-31-2006, 02:09 AM
With a decent QB there he will once again have over 1000 yards and 7 TD's

Still put up good numbers while being hurt and having Kerry Collins as his QB

He is amazing and hope he gets close to Jerry Rice's records

mnvikes61
03-31-2006, 02:16 AM
All I know is the Raiders are going to stink up the AFC West again :lol:

PurpleRide
03-31-2006, 02:16 AM
Its preseason I hope he gets an amazing TD and jumps in the stands like old times. i'll be there for the first half!

V4L
03-31-2006, 02:18 AM
Yah me too Purple Ride..

I forgot it was preseason.. I actually hope he scores atleast once or twice

Ltrey33
03-31-2006, 02:18 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

I hope he gets shut down. Personally I think his best years are behind him and that we got rid of him at just the right moment this is all jmho though.

I think I agree with that. I know he was hurt last year, but even prior to that he just seemed like he'd lost something.

i_bleed_purple
03-31-2006, 02:33 AM
i want to see him score a long one for good times sake. i love Moss as a player, i wish he never left. everyone talks about his attitude, but the only thing he really did that was wrong was "running over"(nudging) a traffic cop with his car. So what if he smoked a little MJ once, he openly admitted that its not like he failed a test or anything. I found his antics amusing for the most part, not insulting. I hope Winfield can shut him down, but once we get 2nd stringers in there, i want to see moss in for one long one.

ultravikingfan
03-31-2006, 04:31 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Yah me too Purple Ride..

"PurpleRide" wrote:

Its preseason I hope he gets an amazing TD and jumps in the stands like old times. i'll be there for the first half!

Preseason or not; its still football and its still your team minus Moss.

Why would you want him to score on on of our guys? Then that guy will look bad.

How about, the guy assigned to cover him shuts him down completely! Then his stock will rise, right? Then you can have a new favorite player.

singersp
03-31-2006, 12:11 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Yah me too Purple Ride..

"PurpleRide" wrote:

How about, the guy assigned to cover him shuts him down completely! Then his stock will rise, right? Then you can have a new favorite player.

Well if he does score, how many new "We never should have traded Moss" threads do you think will get started?

triedandtruevikesfan
03-31-2006, 05:03 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Yah me too Purple Ride..

"PurpleRide" wrote:

Well if he does score, how many new "We never should have traded Moss" threads do you think will get started?

I don't even want to think about it!

V4L
03-31-2006, 07:26 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Yah me too Purple Ride..

"PurpleRide" wrote:

No, Koro is my boy

ultravikingfan
03-31-2006, 07:28 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Yah me too Purple Ride..

"PurpleRide" wrote:

No, Koro is my boy

For now.

V4L
03-31-2006, 07:30 PM
Nah.. I don't just change who my favorite player is.. Not like that

Moss I guess would still be my favorite overall.. But favorite Vike is Koro.. If Moss was on the Vikes I guess he would still be my favorite

outcast316
03-31-2006, 07:31 PM
Hopefully he does not wipe his rear end on our goal post.

ultravikingfan
03-31-2006, 07:32 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Nah.. I don't just change who my favorite player is.. Not like that

Moss I guess would still be my favorite overall.. But favorite Vike is Koro.. If Moss was on the Vikes I guess he would still be my favorite

What about with Koro is gone?

V4L
03-31-2006, 07:33 PM
I'll still have love for him.. Will be my favorite player for awhile..

But will have to move on.. Unless he keeps up with steller play and straightens his life out for good he will be my favorite

Mr-holland
03-31-2006, 07:34 PM
preseason or not, you play to win.
I loved him when he was with us, but he ain't no longer here.
It would be stupid if you hope he'll make a last TD cauz that would mean we would have 6 points against.

blouxme
03-31-2006, 09:30 PM
Moss will catch the ball turn and get blasted by N. Harris who then runs it back for a TD

ultravikingfan
03-31-2006, 09:43 PM
"blouxme" wrote:

Moss will catch the ball turn and get blasted by N. Harris who then runs it back for a TD

Harris?

I just spit Mountain Dew all over my keyboard! Thanks!

xlb57
04-01-2006, 07:22 AM
Unreal, there's no way in.....The hot area down below....that I would EVER hope an opposing team's player scores a TD against us. Randy Moss or not, down w/the opposition!