PDA

View Full Version : Sportsweekly

VKG4LFE
07-26-2004, 11:53 AM
Does anyone have the new sportsweekly? (At least I think it is the new one!) It has Randy on the cover and inside it goes into the best receivers in the NFL (and tightends) and it has a couple of good articles (small, yet good) on Randy and how valuable he is to the team. It also breaks down all 32 teams in the NFL on what they need to work on in the preseason. It's pretty good, I'd pick it up if I were you!!

muchluv4smoot
07-26-2004, 12:21 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Does anyone have the new sportsweekly? (At least I think it is the new one!) It has Randy on the cover and inside it goes into the best receivers in the NFL (and tightends) and it has a couple of good articles (small, yet good) on Randy and how valuable he is to the team. It also breaks down all 32 teams in the NFL on what they need to work on in the preseason. It's pretty good, I'd pick it up if I were you!!

Since we have been talking about jimmy being one of the top TE's in the game on another thread, for whoever does have the mag, what is jimmy ranked by them?

VKG4LFE
07-26-2004, 12:28 PM
Well, 22 GMs in the league ranked the TEs and he was number 5 behind Gonzalez, Heap, Shockey and Alge Crumpler. The magazine's ratings had him at sixth behind gonazlez, heap, shockey crumpler and pollard!!

muchluv4smoot
07-26-2004, 12:37 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Well, 22 GMs in the league ranked the TEs and he was number 5 behind Gonzalez, Heap, Shockey and Alge Crumpler. The magazine's ratings had him at sixth behind gonazlez, heap, shockey crumpler and pollard!!

I said in one of my posts on that thread, that I thought he was the 5th best. I also put gonzo, heap, shockey, and crumpler ahead of him. I wouldn't put pollard ahead of him though.

bigdogbovy
07-26-2004, 02:54 PM
that's pretty high for a TE that doesn't catch much. My point is that if the vikes used him the way those other teams did he'd be ranked higher because he can catch and has superior blocking/running skills to the rest of them. I would rank him 3rd

muchluv4smoot
07-26-2004, 04:53 PM
"bigdogbovy" wrote:

that's pretty high for a TE that doesn't catch much. My point is that if the vikes used him the way those other teams did he'd be ranked higher because he can catch and has superior blocking/running skills to the rest of them. I would rank him 3rd

OK, I see your point there. I don't think he could be used in the way heap and gonzo are, but if you do, then you are correct in thinking he would then be rated higher. I just hope wiggins can go downfield some this year and take some of the pressure off of the outside, making it easier for daunte to hit his receivers. Then we won't see so many damn boring dumpoff passes.

VKG4LFE
07-26-2004, 05:20 PM
Dumpoff passes get it done sometimes though!! A quick downfield TE would be nice, but I don't know if Jimmy can do that!!