PDA

View Full Version : More Football Facts

TEXPACK
07-24-2004, 04:00 PM
:study:
I was just reading this year's Athlon Sports Pro Football Preview and ran across these bits of info. on the Packers. Last season the Packers were the only team in the nfl to rank in the top 5 in both offense & defense in the "red zone." (The offense was 2nd and the defense 5th in scoring/allowing points.) The Packers also had the second highest average margin of victory in the 10 games they won (17.5 pts.) & the lowest average margin of defeat in the games they lost (6.5 pts.) In the final 8 games of last season only New England gave up fewer points than Green Bay and in the last 11 games only one back gained 100 yds. rushing on the Pack. What's the point of relevance for now? The Packers are returning that team almost entirely intact & with improvements for this coming season.

12-4 should bring the NFC Championship to Lambeau

ItalianStallion
07-24-2004, 04:11 PM
"almost entirely intact", without your best corner, prepare to get smoked routinely. What you fail to mention is how often they get in the redzone. Stats are only part of the story.

last time I checked the vikes had the #1 offense in the league ALL last season, led the league in INTs ..etc. big deal.

I just don't understand why Packers think they will IMPROVE when you can clearly see the decline over the last couple seasons. At best they will be the same.

TEXPACK
07-24-2004, 09:12 PM
McKenzie will be there on opening day. I agree, stats are only part of the story. So, stop repeatedly quoting "we had the best offense in football...blah,blah". The only stat that matters is the one which makes The Packers 3-1 in superbowls and the Vikings 0-4.

I can tell you have a lot of football experience. Do us all a favor stick with hockey.

purplepat
07-25-2004, 07:49 AM
As far as "points of relevance", I would point out that in the final 8 games of last year, the Packers played six teams that finished with losing records and a seventh (the Broncos) that played their 2nd and 3rd stringers instead of a real football team. Among those final 8 teams were 2003 offensive juggernauts such as the Bears, Lions, Chargers, Raiders, and Buccaneers. My point in mentioning this is that Packer fans should not feel that their defense was in any way "outstanding and improving" in the final half of last year. The "experts" all agree that the Packer defense is a trouble spot, especially on the defensive line and possibly the secondary if McKenzie doesn't play.

BTW, if you look at the Vikings defensive performance in the final four games of last season, they were probably a top 10 caliber defense in terms of both yards and points allowed. This came not just against the Bears and Cardinals, but also the high powered Seahawks and Chiefs. With Denard Walker banished to Oakland and replaced by Antoine Winfield, the Vikings defense has every reason to believe they will be better than the Packers defense this season.

TEXPACK
07-25-2004, 12:14 PM
Pat,
You left out some significant details in your retort regarding the Vikings last 8 games. Hardly a rigorous schedule for a championship caliber team.
SD 42-28 Loss
Oak 28-18 Loss
Det 24-14 Win
Stl 48-17 Loss
Sea 34-7 Win
Chi 13-10 Loss
KC 45-20 Win (the best team victory of the year, besides week #1 in Lambeau)

And, the finally when it all counted a Big Purple infertile Egg laid neatly in the desert southwest.
Az 18-17 Loss.

I acknowledge, Green Bay has its own set of concerns. Somehow based on the past track records of the these two teams, I have faith the Packers will be steadfast in resolving their team matters. The Vikings are an enigma.

ItalianStallion
07-25-2004, 03:11 PM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

McKenzie will be there on opening day. I agree, stats are only part of the story. So, stop repeatedly quoting "we had the best offense in football...blah,blah". The only stat that matters is the one which makes The Packers 3-1 in superbowls and the Vikings 0-4.

I can tell you have a lot of football experience. Do us all a favor stick with hockey.

Texpack what are you talking about? At least read my posts and try to understand what I am saying before you go to your default "I am smarter than all of you" argument. In my post I was simply stating that stats were only part of the story including OURS. All I was pointing out is that for the long list of admirable statistics you managed to scrounge, the vikings have a list that is just as long.

Honestly you are the biggest hypocrite on this site. You claim all we do is tout our #1 offense and then you go back to the argument every Packer fan uses about 100 million times a day. "check out our championships"

"Hey texPack, what time is it?"
"Time for another championship"
"Hey Texpack what do you think about Mike McKenzie"
" Uh he's long overdue for a championship"
"Hey Texpack why do you think the Packers will do so well this year"
"cuz they've won twelve championships"
"Hey Texpack can you make a post without using the word championship or while describing the Packers?"
"yah we've won a superbowl and you havn't"
etc.

As far as football experience, shut up you redneck. I've been playing football for the past 10 years. Why don't you say something intelligent for a change rather than label me as a hockey-only fan because I come from Canada, maybe then you can back up all that arrogant BS you spout.

TEXPACK
07-25-2004, 03:39 PM
I played in that dome for 4 years.

TEXPACK
07-25-2004, 03:42 PM
GANN BROOKS
Line
University of
Minnesota
Senior/Agricultural Education
6'8"/ 300 lbs.
STATS: A three-year letterman for Minnesota, this team captain was twice named most valuable team player in 1995 and is predicted to win All Conference honors this fall. “ comes to play each and every Saturday and is a leader of the team.”­Coach Jim Wacker
Parent: Melodye Brooks, Alvarado, Texas.

Where did you play?

ItalianStallion
07-25-2004, 06:11 PM
I play DE here at U of C.

Notice I never said you didn't know football, I didn't assume that like you did for everyone who posts here.

But then again, I would hate for you to waste that agricultural education degree on us simpletons, maybe you can tell us how to remove all that moss from the Green Bay endzone.

TEXPACK
07-25-2004, 11:42 PM
Really what's your name? I'd like to watch you play sometime. Can't say I ever heard of the University of Calgary or it's football program either.

That Moss thing was funny.

dan3ski
07-26-2004, 01:34 AM
I do have a question tex, at 6-8 300 lbs did any NFL teams show any interest in you? I knew a guy my brother went to high school with that turned down the Detroit Lions in the mid 70's. he was the captain of the colgate football team I think.

TEXPACK
07-26-2004, 10:29 AM
Not many. The Vikings and Carolina that's about it.

whackthepack
07-26-2004, 10:55 AM
Texpack

You are from Texas, Played at the U of Minnesota and you are a packers fan? Why?

What is your story?

VKG4LFE
07-26-2004, 12:16 PM
Texpack, do you really think McKenzie will be there opening day? I was just curious!! Also, why would a Texas boy, come to MN to play college ball, especially when wacker was around? Those teams were terrible in the early to mid 90s. There had to be some schools in TX looking at you at your size!!

LosAngelis
07-26-2004, 12:25 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

Texpack

You are from Texas, Played at the U of Minnesota and you are a packers fan? Why?

What is your story?

I was kind of wondering that, also. Tex is also from Plano, where the Cowboys actually have their headquarters or training camp, if I'm not mistaken.

ItalianStallion
07-26-2004, 12:25 PM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

Really what's your name? I'd like to watch you play sometime. Can't say I ever heard of the University of Calgary or it's football program either.

That Moss thing was funny.

Honestly TexPack, I'm suprised you have even heard of Canada. I will admit football here in Canada is not as big at the collegiate level as it is in the States, but personally I have played both games (canadian/american football) and I can honestly say that Canadian Is more challenging, especially on defense.

As far as watching me play, well we generally don't have televised games, so unless you plan on coming to Calgary, good luck.

bigdogbovy
07-26-2004, 12:40 PM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

:study:
I was just reading this year's Athlon Sports Pro Football Preview and ran across these bits of info. on the Packers. Last season the Packers were the only team in the nfl to rank in the top 5 in both offense & defense in the "red zone." (The offense was 2nd and the defense 5th in scoring/allowing points.) The Packers also had the second highest average margin of victory in the 10 games they won (17.5 pts.) & the lowest average margin of defeat in the games they lost (6.5 pts.) In the final 8 games of last season only New England gave up fewer points than Green Bay and in the last 11 games only one back gained 100 yds. rushing on the Pack. What's the point of relevance for now? The Packers are returning that team almost entirely intact & with improvements for this coming season.

12-4 should bring the NFC Championship to Lambeau

let's see last half opponets

Philadelphia Loss 14-17
Tampa Bay Win 20-13
San Francisco Win 20-10
Detroit Loss 14-22
Chicago Win 34-21
San Diego Win 38-21
Oakland Win 41-7
Denver Win 31-3

Lose to Philly play 6 shitty teams, lose to det. have Den let you win because they already have a playoff spot and then brag about the second half stats. Wow. I personally think that as a fan of the Pack, and yes I am not just a viking fan, I think that sherm has mismanaged the team and the cap left GB in the horrible position of returning the same 21 ok starters. and not made the imporvements nec on defense and TE I would be pissed if the pack was my primary team.

whackthepack
07-26-2004, 12:43 PM
The record for the U of M for it's Big Ten Schedule

1996 1 - 7
1995 1 - 7
1994 1 - 7

see a pattern?

VKG4LFE
07-26-2004, 12:45 PM
I know, we really struggled through those seasons!! When did Tyrone Carter play at the U, was it around 97 to 01 or 96 to 00? Texpack, did you play with him?

TEXPACK
07-26-2004, 01:35 PM
Ya, I know Carter 96-00, I believe. He played defense though so, I didn't really see him a lot except on game day and even then not as much as you would in the stands.

Whack the Pack,
You really aren't much of a man are you?

Itallion,
I'm sure I'll end up in Calgary. I travel quite a lot. I'll make it a point to come watch you send me a schedule.

P.S. My Dad coached at Holy Angels High School in West Bend. Is it still there?

TEXPACK
07-26-2004, 01:49 PM
When I graduated High school I was a top 100 recruit in the nation. I thought Jim Wacker would turn it around at the U of M. He was a great man, incredible teacher, and motivator and I was sad to see him pass away last August. If you all recall there were many many players from Texas recruited in the early and mid 1990's to play for Wacker. He was a very respected coach here.

I was born in LaCrosse WI. My family has had land and businesses there for about 200 years. My father was an athletic director, we moved around quite a bit. He coached state championships in Wisconsin 1974,1975 and 1980. My family moved to Texas in 1982.

The Cowboys have their official headquarters in Los Colinas (basically a wealthy area of Irving).

VKG4LFE
07-26-2004, 02:02 PM
Huh, so you've been around!!

outcast316
07-26-2004, 02:49 PM
Tex,

That is awesome you playing for the Gophers. I talked my dad who is die hard Gopher fan and he remembers you. Did you ever go to the combine? Did you try out for any NFL teams?

VKG4LFE
07-26-2004, 02:56 PM
I don't think Holy Angels high school is still there. But I'm not positive. The only high schools in West Bend are West Bend East and West Bend West and they are huge!!

whackthepack
07-26-2004, 03:15 PM
Texpack

call me what you want, who cares.

I didn't make the record I just report it.

I agree Whacker was very liked here, but he did not do a great job of rebuilding at the U.

VKG4LFE
07-26-2004, 03:30 PM
I think the Whackerisms were the best part!!

TEXPACK
07-26-2004, 06:44 PM
I was invited to the combine but, never accepted. I had enough football by then. I was accepted to graduate school and moved back to Texas to be closer to my immediate family.

VKG4LFE
07-26-2004, 06:49 PM
Congrats on playin' D1 ball though. I couldn't even imagine!! I went to a D3 school and just watching those guys hit was incredible.

TEXPACK
07-26-2004, 07:12 PM
There are good players everywhere. I was a stud in Wisconsin before moving to Texas. I learned I wasn't such a stud afterall, I had to really learn the game. Texas is the football capital of America. There is virtually major college/pro quality talent on every high school team here.

I doubt I would have ever realized my potential if I stayed in the midwest.

VKG4LFE
07-26-2004, 07:13 PM
I know, football is huge there!! 10,000 fans or more at a high school game!! Crazy!!

vegasvike
07-26-2004, 07:23 PM
man it's like if you kinda get to know tex he's not that bad but he is still a packer fan. And speakin of massive dude I'm a whole 185 and stand a towerin 5'7 and a half! that half an inch is important you know. HAHA

TEXPACK
07-26-2004, 08:11 PM
Hey Vegas,

Somebody's got to score! I'd block for you.

LosAngelis
07-26-2004, 08:21 PM
I could punt.

vegasvike
07-26-2004, 08:37 PM
See team work that's what I'm talkin about let's make the NFC NORTH respected again if the packers only lose 14-16 of their games the Vikes will have no challenge in winning the div or hey for that matter the SB Oh yeah tex I was a free safety. I could have bee a RB but I had that disease Ican'tholdontotheballifIgettoohard-itis I think the name is latin of something

VKG4LFE
07-26-2004, 10:22 PM
I was a QB all the way through 8th, you better believe it!! Now I would rather watch than play, people like tex, would have hurt me!!!

TEXPACK
07-27-2004, 10:37 AM
Pain is weakness leaving the body. There is no other definition that makes sense.

purplehorn
07-27-2004, 11:03 AM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

Pain is weakness leaving the body. There is no other definition that makes sense.

My motto No Pain, No Pain

whackthepack
07-27-2004, 12:12 PM
I feel sorry for you people that because Texpack played for the Gophers that it makes him a great guy, I guess all the insults he has slung at people on here should just be forgotten.

Here is a quote from Texpack that you might like.

"You mean the meeting where The Green Bay Packers placed "Green Panties" on your purple horned heads and Kicked your little purple arses in front of your fans?"

Sorry; I will not idolize this man because he played ball for the U, he was a good player, but he still insults people on here and antagonizes people for his amusement.

I did respect the fact that he took the bet I offered, it showed me he at least was a man. But he still is a packer fan that is obnoxious and overbearing!

And I will not give him a pass because he played for the Gophers.

bigdogbovy
07-27-2004, 12:33 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

I feel sorry for you people that because Texpack played for the Gophers that it makes him a great guy, I guess all the insults he has slung at people on here should just be forgotten.

Here is a quote from Texpack that you might like.

"You mean the meeting where The Green Bay Packers placed "Green Panties" on your purple horned heads and Kicked your little purple arses in front of your fans?"

Sorry; I will not idolize this man because he played ball for the U, he was a good player, but he still insults people on here and antagonizes people for his amusement.

I did respect the fact that he took the bet I offered, it showed me he at least was a man. But he still is a packer fan that is obnoxious and overbearing!

And I will not give him a pass because he played for the Gophers.

Agreed. He's a troll

VKG4LFE
07-27-2004, 12:38 PM
I'm not giving him a pass, I just think it's cool that he played for the gophers!! He's still a packer fan, so I dislike him for that!!

TEXPACK
07-28-2004, 10:51 AM
If you recall pudwhacker my panty comment evolved from the "Green panties" reference to the Packers. I digressed to your level. I like the trenches.

I haven't exactly felt "idolized" here. Where does that even come from? Don't try to rally the troops around you and defend yourself because you are an ass. Some here have shown me respect and they can tell you I give back what I get. I really don't care if anybody likes me. Some of you have seen me play I left any and all questions about me on the field. I have a sneaking suspicion those of you who are jealous of the kindness I give back are the biggest Jock sniffers around.

I give great credit to those who can just have a decent conversation with someone they don't especially like and leave it like that. I know for a fact your trash talking would stop real quick in person.

I've delt with cowards like you my whole life. Some of you are really small little mice.

On a lighter note: I ordered my 18 month old son a his first Packer jersey yesterday. The kid is wearing 3T! Do you think a weight set for Christmas is pushing things? :scratch:

RandyMoss8404
07-28-2004, 11:12 AM
I happen to like Texpack, though he does get stupid at times.

Congrats on the kid though :)

TEXPACK
07-28-2004, 11:33 AM
Thanks Bro. Best of luck on your college career.

outcast316
07-28-2004, 11:36 AM
Although, I do not like what Tex says at times I have seen a different side to him and he has many very valid points. Tex hopefully your son can grow up to be a football player like his old man!!!

Some of the snappy comebacks you have do make me chuckle.

VKG4LFE
07-28-2004, 11:39 AM
Everyone, please don't take offense, but texpack are you black or white? I don't think I've ever seen a white guy your stature before?? No offense intended whatsoever!!

casper
07-28-2004, 11:58 AM
and NONE taken VKG4LIFE what do you think us white boys can't jump :drunken:

whackthepack
07-28-2004, 12:00 PM
Texpack you can call me all the names you want, and just because you are big does not mean you are right. You've been giving people crap on here since I joined and if people give it back you call them names and send them personal messages calling them homos.

Guess you can't take what you dish out, and I apologized once already for hurting you feeling!

VKG4LFE
07-28-2004, 12:02 PM
Hey, I can jump, my vert must be at least 18-24 inches!! I know, that's not very high!!

TEXPACK
07-28-2004, 12:24 PM
I am White.

I don't think intelligent people consider my opposing viewpoints as attacks. Anymore than I take what some of you say with a grain of salt. That's just my point I can take it. I think some of you are pretty funny.

I maintain I have only called names to those who start it. It sounds as though you're a little sensitive. I'm not here to start any fights but, I will finish them. Don't cast the first stone and we'll be all right--you'll see.

VKG4LFE
07-28-2004, 12:26 PM
Huh. Your parents big too, tall and big like that or are you a freak of nature like our boy RANDY!!

TEXPACK
07-28-2004, 12:36 PM
My Dad was 6'2" he played RB at The University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse and ran track.

My Mom is 5'8" and very thin and athletic still. Her brothers are 6'4" and 6'6" they have a large dairy in Wisconsin. They are big Scottish people! Very tall, naturally strong, and thin.

My Brother is 6'5"

VKG4LFE
07-28-2004, 12:37 PM
Wow, you got huge. 5'8" for a lady though is pretty tall I guess!

TEXPACK
07-28-2004, 12:42 PM
Here is my junior year listing I was 2nd team offense. Notice Denard Walker, Bobby Taylor, Dan Neal, Jarrett Irons and I were on the same team to mention a few. There are a few others too that made it in the NFL.

Dave Campbell's Texas Football Magazine 1991 Super Team

First Team Offense
QB - Chuck Clements, 6-3, 170, Huntsville
RB - Jeff Godley, 5-11, 195, Arlington Sam Houston
RB - Shawn Walters, 6-0, 218, Arlington Lamar
WR - Trency Clough, 5-9, 157, Marshall
WR - Mercury Hayes, 6-0, 170, Houston Washington
TE - Michael Hendricks, 6-5, 220, Baytown Sterling
OL - Dan Neal, 6-3, 270, Houston Cypress Creek
OL - Desi DeLatore, 6-2, 250, Irving Nimitz
OL - Danny Wilson, 6-3, 265, Huntsville
OL - Ronnie Price, 6-6, 255, Deer Park
C - K. C. Jones, 6-3, 230, Midland Lee
UB - Jason Parker, 6-0, 175, North Garland
First Team Defense
DL - Caesar O'Neal, 6-8, 295, Huntsville
DL - Alton Maiden, 6-3, 240, Dallas Carter
DL - Ervin Briley, 6-4, 250, Aldine
DL - Otis Grant, 6-6, 245, Fort Bend Willowridge
LB - John Walters, 6-2, 215, Richardson Lake Highlands
LB - Jim Brady, 6-5, 200, Arlington Lamar
LB - LaRance Shall, 6-1, 215, Waco High
DB - Bobby Taylor, 6-4, 190, Longview
DB - Sherrod Wyatt, 6-2, 185, Dallas Carter
DB - Andre Williams, 5-9, 170, Sherman
DB - David Garrett, 6-1, 189, Beaumont West Brook
K - Ty Atteberry, 6-1, 185, Humble Kingwood
Second Team Offense
QB - Eric Gray, 6-3, 190, Aldine
RB - Sterling Boyd, 5-11, 180, Sherman
RB - Kweli Thompson, 5-11, 190, Houston Lamar
WR - Kevin Beirne, 6-0, 200, Conroe McCullough
WR - Warren Dade, 5-7, 150, Denison
TE - Tim Winburn, 6-3, 245, McKinney
OL - Harry Stamps, 6-6, 290, Houston Smiley
OL - Keith Chiles, 6-3, 278, Dallas Roosevelt
OL - Gann Brooks, 6-8, 285, Alvarado
OL - Kevin Johnson, 6-4, 275, Dalals Samuell
C - Calvin Collins, 6-3, 258, Beaumont West Brook
UB - Edward Ordaz, 6-0, 200, Huntsville
Second Team Defense
DL - Cedric Jones, 6-4, 235, Houston Lamar
DL - Jeremy Thigpen, 6-3, 245, Spring
DL - Scott Saltsman, 6-2, 248, Wichita Falls Rider
DL - Stonie Clark, 6-2, 290, Gladewater
LB - Marcus Andrews, 6-1, 215, Houston Wheatley
LB - Ron Session, 6-2, 235, Dallas Pinkston
LB - Shawn Washington, 6-4, 225, Waco Connally
DB - Cedric Bryant, 6-4, 195, Fort Worth Western Hills
DB - Chris Colon, 6-3, 205, Deer Park
DB - Rod Narcisse, 6-1, 180, Fort Bend Willowridge
DB - Maurice Henriques, 6-1, 185, Alief Hastings
P - Marshall Young, 5-10, 170, Conroe McCullough
Third Team Offense
QB - Corey Pullig, 6-3, 205, Deer Park
RB - Jay Johnson, 5-9, 180, Waco High
RB - Cliff Deese, 5-9, 180, Spring Westifeld
WR - Mike Adams, 6-0, 180, Arlington Sam Houston
WR - Marcus Bibbs, 6-3, 185, San Angelo Central
TE - Gerald Ford, 6-2, 215, Fort Bend Willowridge
OL - Robert Peeler, 6-6, 240, Highland Park
OL - Paul Simmons, 6-4, 260, Lindale
OL - Kevin Ned, 6-4, 265, Houston Yates
OL - Jonathan Price, 6-4, 245, Dallas Roosevelt
C - Mike Walton, 6-3, 242, Arlington Lamar
UB - Typhail McMullen, 6-3, 180, Lubbock Dunbar
Third Team Defense
DL - Chris Gibson, 6-4, 250, Houston Wheatley
DL - Anthony DeGrate, 6-3, 290, Waco High
DL - Arthur Atkins, 6-4, 240, Houston Lamar
DL - Bruce Nowak, 6-5, 258, Spring Branch Northbrook
LB - Jarrett Irons, 6-2, 210, Conroe McCullough
LB - John Lacy, 6-0, 210, Aldine
LB - Tommy Stokes, 6-1, 215, Alief Elsik
DB - Denard Walker, 6-1, 187, South Garland
DB - Jonathan Hickerson, 6-1, 205, San Antonio Clark
DB - Todd Siebert, 5-10, 175, San Antonio Marshall
DB - Tyrone Marshall, 6-0, 180, Austin LBJ
K - Philip Garr, 6-0, 180, Houston Cypress Creek
(Source: Dave Campbell's Texas Football, 1991 Edition, Pages 112-113.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VKG4LFE
07-28-2004, 12:45 PM
Bobby Taylor is up there too, he was awesome at Notre Dame, and with the Eagles!

TEXPACK
07-28-2004, 01:24 PM
Word here on sports radio is that Dallas is pretty confident in playing the Vikings on week one. Their fans feel the defense will cause Culpepper major problems.

It is ironic the Vikes play the Cardinals the first preseason game isn't it?

VKG4LFE
07-28-2004, 01:26 PM
I'm not worried about Dallas' D, yeah they have a pretty good D, but C-pepp will figure them out and they have no one to cover Moss, c'mon. Bring it Roy WIlliams and Terrance Newman!! Irony's a
b!tch!

TEXPACK
07-28-2004, 01:30 PM
Sure is. I hate Dallas.

VKG4LFE
07-28-2004, 01:32 PM
I do too. They have a sh!tty looking stadium too. My brother lives down in Temple and I flew into Dallas to visit him and we drove by that pile!! People say the dome looks bad, that thing looks like it's going to fall apart!!

TEXPACK
07-28-2004, 01:42 PM
Texas stadium is an eyesore. They have very serious talks going on with the City of Arlington. I believe that is where the Cowboys will end up.

There have been many talks before but, they have never amounted to much. There was talk with Dallas to move them back to Fair Park and redo the Cottonbowl area. That was never going to happen because it is right in the middle of a South Dallas bad neighborhood. Wealthy from the burbs just wouldn't go to the games. Irving played too many games with Jerry and he's pissed. Arlington frankly makes the most sense and I thing the deal will go through soon. $600,000,000 is what they are talking about. A fifty-fifty split between Jones and Arlington.

It's too bad more teams couldn't be owned by a corporate structure like the Packers. Some of these owners are really bullies (i.e. Red McCombs). I really am afraid that there will come a time when he just leaves.

jackyl
07-28-2004, 01:45 PM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

It's too bad more teams couldn't be owned by a corporate structure like the Packers. Some of these owners are really bullies (i.e. Red McCombs). I really am afraid that there will come a time when he just leaves.

I totally agree.

whackthepack
07-28-2004, 03:39 PM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

I am White.

I don't think intelligent people consider my opposing viewpoints as attacks. Anymore than I take what some of you say with a grain of salt. That's just my point I can take it. I think some of you are pretty funny.

I maintain I have only called names to those who start it. It sounds as though you're a little sensitive. I'm not here to start any fights but, I will finish them. Don't cast the first stone and we'll be all right--you'll see.

Texpack

You start them,

Thread "Farve-- Few QBs have ever acheived more.

Page 2 Texpack qoute "I'm Trying to educate retards like you, Skol"

Page 3 Whackthe pack qoute "I thougth this was a Viking forum, not a packer site. Why are we giving accolades to Favre (the guy can't even pronounce his name right). 7/20/04 9:43 am

Page 3 Texpack quote "I bet you wouldn't say that to his face, Wackoff."

Page 4 7/21/04 7:53 am I challenged you to the bet

You do start thing, and you can't finish it ever cause you do not intimidate me :blackeye:

I think now that the season is about to start, you are not so confident and you now that you will not pay-up.

TEXPACK
07-28-2004, 08:30 PM
Pud, please help
I really am confused which is greater your childish insecurity or the space between your ears?

triedandtruevikesfan
07-28-2004, 11:35 PM
Tex why is it that you have to be so damn dramatic about everything?? We all come on here for fun... you turn it all into a damn 3 act show!

TEXPACK
07-28-2004, 11:39 PM
It's all good! Just having fun too. You and I are cool.

whackthepack
07-28-2004, 11:43 PM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

Pud, please help
I really am confused which is greater your childish insecurity or the space between your ears?

Did I not show you who started this, and have I called you 1 name? but according to you, you start nothing. :scratch:

triedandtruevikesfan
07-28-2004, 11:43 PM
Well I wouldn't go that far, but you do need to not stir up so many problems with other people!

ItalianStallion
07-28-2004, 11:52 PM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

Word here on sports radio is that Dallas is pretty confident in playing the Vikings on week one. Their fans feel the defense will cause Culpepper major problems.

It is ironic the Vikes play the Cardinals the first preseason game isn't it?

All I hope is that josh McCown gets injured for the season or something in the preseason game.

Seriously, if I was Dallas I wouldn't be worrying about how to stop Culpepper, but rather, how to stop our running game. Personally I think if we establish that early, the game is ours.

TEXPACK
07-28-2004, 11:57 PM
What did McCown do? I kinda like him. He played at Sam Houston State University where my brother graduated.

I hope Green gives him a chance to play in Az. I think he will develop to be pretty good.

Dallas will probably have the stingiest D in the NFL against the run. I wouldn't expect to get 100 yards on the ground. Pick on their weak corner and pass in the middle their safeties like to cheat for run support.

VKG4LFE
07-28-2004, 11:59 PM
I hope that was sarcasm there tex, "what did McCown do?" Do we need to go over the play again?

TEXPACK
07-29-2004, 12:02 AM
I mean beside that. I still think he deserves to go uninjured through the preseason.

If you want someone injured maybe the corner or safety who let it happen.

VKG4LFE
07-29-2004, 12:05 AM
Denard Walker you mean, he could be shot for all I care!! Well not really, but man, I was high on him coming in last year, he was horrible!!

TEXPACK
07-29-2004, 12:07 AM
Ya, that's my teammate on the 1991 all-state team remember? South Garland High

VKG4LFE
07-29-2004, 12:09 AM
Yeah, I remember. Man he pissed me off. It's kind of like how all packer fans hate terrell buckley, same damn thing!!

TEXPACK
07-29-2004, 12:24 AM
Man the Packer's fans have been burned by so many it's hard to keep track.

Where is Walker now?

VKG4LFE
07-29-2004, 12:29 AM
The Raiders.

TEXPACK
07-29-2004, 12:46 AM
Good he deserves pergatory. The Raiders suck.

ItalianStallion
07-29-2004, 02:00 AM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

What did McCown do? I kinda like him. He played at Sam Houston State University where my brother graduated.

I hope Green gives him a chance to play in Az. I think he will develop to be pretty good.

Dallas will probably have the stingiest D in the NFL against the run. I wouldn't expect to get 100 yards on the ground. Pick on their weak corner and pass in the middle their safeties like to cheat for run support.

We can easily get 100 yards rushing. Their D-line isn't really that great (la'roi golver is the only one who stands out), their LBs are smallish though fast and are bound to get overpowered by the o-line and jimmy K. They corners and safeties, save for Roy Williams are unspectacular in run support. We can steamroll them all day long, but we have to get it going early. Once that happen the game can really open up as Roy Williams starts creeping up leaving Moss 1 on 1.

Their Lbs are good in coverage and I believe we will have the hardest time passing in the middle.

As far as Josh McCown, I hate that flucky crap he managed to pull off against us and hope his luck, and the cardinals luck, runs out early.

hawaiianvike21
07-29-2004, 05:48 AM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"TEXPACK" wrote:

We can easily get 100 yards rushing. Their D-line isn't really that great (la'roi golver is the only one who stands out), their LBs are smallish though fast and are bound to get overpowered by the o-line and jimmy K. They corners and safeties, save for Roy Williams are unspectacular in run support. We can steamroll them all day long, but we have to get it going early. Once that happen the game can really open up as Roy Williams starts creeping up leaving Moss 1 on 1.

Their Lbs are good in coverage and I believe we will have the hardest time passing in the middle.

As far as Josh McCown, I hate that flucky crap he managed to pull off against us and hope his luck, and the cardinals luck, runs out early.

Wouldnt doubt them just yet. they have a fast and disciplined lb core with singleton, nugyen and coakley back there. Glover may stand out but they dont need pro bowlers at every single d line position. Seconday is good but could have been better if woodson can play.

Remember defense wins championchips and even games as well. They had the #1 rated d whether or not they played weak teams. I wouldnt assume we easily get a 100 yards rushing.

As for moss, well thats another story. :cheers: :twisted:

VKG4LFE
07-29-2004, 11:22 AM
If, as a team we don't get 100 yards rushing against Dallas, it could be a LONG season!!

sdvikefan
07-29-2004, 05:55 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

If, as a team we don't get 100 yards rushing against Dallas, it could be a LONG season!!

Well Dallas has one of the best defenses in the league and they're all back this year plus Marcellus Wiley.

I honestly believe the best way for our offense to beat the Dallas D is to run the ball a lot but use more than one back to do it, and wear them down. Dallas will sometimes use the 3-4 formation this year and that will make them a little tougher against the run, but most of their LBs are small and fast so just like with beating Tampa Bay the key is run the ball right at them all day. Moss and Robinson wil also keep them from stacking up against the run.

As for our D against their O, two things are key: we have to get lots of pressure on Carter and he will make mistakes. I expect us to blitz more than usual. Also, the matchup of Antoine Winfield on Keyshawn is huge, because Keyshawn will be their third down receiver and Carter will count on him in those situations. If Winfield shuts him down and I totally expect him to, it will be a lot easier for us to get the ball back.

My prediction is 24-16 Vikings.

TEXPACK
07-30-2004, 02:59 AM
That seems reasonable.
The Dallas D should be stout this year. Historically, a team offense lags behind team defense the first few games of the year.

casper
07-30-2004, 06:23 AM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

That seems reasonable.
The Dallas D should be stout this year. Historically, a team offense lags behind team defense the first few games of the year.

Excellant quote TEXPACK =D> for folks like me Why does that happen is it because the D is or are harder meaner player's trained to be agressive and the O is train to be rather (multi rolled) defensive in a offensive posture. protect the QB for air dilevery, open hole's for the RBs, sweep etc etc and it just takes them more time to get insink with each other???? :-k

TEXPACK
07-30-2004, 09:04 AM
My belief is it has to do with read and react on the defensive side of the ball. One or two guys can make a mistake and the play can still turn out favorable.

On the other hand, Offense is very much timing and everyone has to be in sync. If one or two guys make a mistake the play is usually destroyed.

sdvikefan
07-30-2004, 09:56 AM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

My belief is it has to do with read and react on the defensive side of the ball. One or two guys can make a mistake and the play can still turn out favorable.

On the other hand, Offense is very much timing and everyone has to be in sync. If one or two guys make a mistake the play is usually destroyed.

That's true, offenses take more time to evolve depending on how complicated the scheme is. The Bears for example look to have a very complicated offense and it could take time for Rex Grossman to digest it all.

On defense I think the only area where a mistake can screw the entire unit is in the secondary. I used to play corner in high school and a little in college, and I can tell you it is very hard. The defensive line can lose 30% of their battles and still have a good day. But a corner can make 10 great plays and all it takes is getting burned by the WR once, and everybody will see it! The WR explodes off the line, you have to stay with him while backpedaling depending on how much you're pressing him, and those first few yards turn into a bit of a slugging match as you fight to disrupt his route, and then you have to keep with him and be ready for whatever part of the field he is running to. Then you have to keep him from making the catch and if you fail to do that, you have to tackle him right away. It's a very demanding position.

That's why I have so much respect for players like Champ Bailey and Antoine Winfield. I know a little about how hard they have to work to be as awesome as they are.

RandyMoss8404
07-30-2004, 10:22 AM
Amen bro, I played CB/S in High School for three years, it sucks.

But you gotta admit, there's something satisfying about hitting a receiver so hard the ball pops out.

TEXPACK
07-30-2004, 03:23 PM
DBs are generally regarded as the best pure atheletes who put on pads.

VKG4LFE
07-30-2004, 04:04 PM
I don't know if I agree with that texpack!! I haven't played football in about 10 years (with pads) but I would have to say RBs are the best pure athletes!! Just my opinion though!!

purplepat
07-30-2004, 05:13 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"TEXPACK" wrote:

I looked up last years stats. The Cowboys were quite good against the run. They held Deuce McAllister and Stephen Davis to under 100 yards, and only Ricky Williams, Stephen Davis (in the playoffs) and Michael Pittman ran for 100 yards individually against the Cowboys. By the same token, I believe the Cowboys only faced a team in the upper half of the rushing offense statistics something like four or five times last season. So their rushing defense stats may be padded somewhat by the fact that they faced a lot of teams that didn't run the ball particularly well against anyone.

The Eagles ran for over 100 yards against the Cowboys both times they played them (Eagles statistically were actually one of the top rushing offenses last season). As we all know here, the Vikings finished with something like the #4 or #5 rushing offense in the NFL last season. As good as the Cowboys are, I think the Vikings will be able to run for 100 yards against them.

vegasvike
07-30-2004, 05:17 PM
Really I think that Dallas overachieved last year...like the bears a couple of years ago I mean they went from being a nfl punching bag to one of the elite that fast? I will give propers where they're due they have a TOUGH defence but we're at home and if we play them like they're one of the elite we should win

purplehorn
08-02-2004, 06:18 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I don't know if I agree with that texpack!! I haven't played football in about 10 years (with pads) but I would have to say RBs are the best pure athletes!! Just my opinion though!!

That was until the documentary about that water boy came out.

LosAngelis
08-02-2004, 07:11 PM
I always thought the defenses were the squads where you could really cut loose...where your aggressiveness really would pay off. Like Tex said, on offense, you really can't get over-aggressive...so much depends on holding your blocks, making read, and running precise routes. And you really can't fine tune that offense until you really play against real defenses (preseason doesn't count).

ndakvikefan
08-05-2004, 07:43 PM
TEXPAC I will say I am sorry right from the get-go if you are who you say you are, but I found something odd. Since it would be easy for someone to say they are him or her or whoever on the net I looked into Gan Brooks on the web. And yes he is 6-8 and 300 lbs and did play for the U of M. What was odd was when I went to www.agriculture.com there was a statement under Gan Brooks picture and it was word for word the stats you gave us on this forum. So my question is did you remember this from 9 years ago or is it hanging on your wall, or did you do the same thing I did and found the name of a U of M player that was big and just write down his stats. Like I said in the beginning if you really are Gann Brooks good for you but for all the trash you talk on here and all the spats you start it would be pretty easy to believe you are living vicariously through someone elses name.

whackthepack
08-06-2004, 10:36 AM
NDAKvikefan takes big swipe at Texpack, Is he really Gan Brooks? are you texpack (the world wants to know)?

VKG4LFE
08-06-2004, 12:34 PM
I'm not defending texpack, but why the hell would he (or anyone else for that matter) go and do something like that?? I guess it just seems ridiculous to me!

purplehorn
08-06-2004, 12:37 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I'm not defending texpack, but why the hell would he (or anyone else for that matter) go and do something like that?? I guess it just seems ridiculous to me!

Nothing personal exactly why would he say Gan who most have
never heard of? Why not Chris Carter? doesn't make much sense.

VKG4LFE
08-06-2004, 12:39 PM
I don't know if you agree with me or not (I think you are) but very good point. Why Gan and not another popular or more well known player of that time!

NeoVikesTX
08-06-2004, 01:00 PM
I already called TexPack out on this one guys.

He's lying, trying to intimidate us by saying he's this huge guy who played college football in Minny.

Sorry, I don't believe anything like that on the net, especially someone who comes onto a football forum talking shit, and then comes out and says "Oh yeah, did I mention I'm 6'8', 300lbs and played college football at U of M?"

Gann Brooks is real, but he is not TexPack.

casper
08-06-2004, 01:49 PM
does that mean that TEXPACK is really :bs: naw I never would have guessed it :-k I would not be surpirsed to find out TEXPACK is a IBOT put here to distract us from enjoy our great team during preseason :lurk:

The truth always comes out 8) you can't hide from the purple pride :cheers:

ItalianStallion
08-06-2004, 01:52 PM
Wouldn't that be cool if Cris Carter come on and posted :P

casper
08-06-2004, 01:57 PM
DUDE would it be...what would be cooler still is to have some of the PPE folks or Fran the man shoot you would never get half of us to go to work, what am i saying most of us must not work anyway we are on here most of the time...dam what a passion.

vikesgirl
08-06-2004, 03:21 PM
I have a real problem with this crap about how great those fudge packers where last year. Sh*t if we would have gotten to play teams that put their 2nd and 3rd stringers in to save them we would have been in. Denver might as well have just laid down on the field and said here you go have a win. So don't tell me how great they are. It doesnt take a lot to beat all of the sh*t players on a team.

We did beat Denver with their first string in and we also smoked the Chiefs with their first string in. If my memory is correct didn't the cheeseheads lose to the chiefs? If Denver would have actually played Portis,Sharpe and their QB instead of garbage players the Pukers would have never even made it the playoffs. I watched that game and it wasn't a game.

You know you Pucker fans are totally blind to everything.

And before you say anything yeah the VIKES lost to some real sh*tty teams but you play down to the level of your competition sometimes. We did beat all of the really good teams last year.

LosAngelis
08-06-2004, 07:02 PM
vikesgirl, I'm feeling like you have a lot of anger built up inside you. Please, stop holding it all in, and truly let your real feelings show for all of us to see.

I might be wrong, but I think I am reading from your subtle clues that you may not like the Packers all the much. It's okay.

Now, look in the mirror, and say, "I'm Vikesgirl. I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!".

Don't you feel better, now? Good. Viking suck.

ndakvikefan
08-06-2004, 07:04 PM
Gan Brooks is a real person and did play for the U of M and is 6-8 and 300 lbs. I just found it funny taht his stats we exactly word for word as the stats on the agriculture web site. It even had the parents name and everything exactly the same.
Now can anyone out there say that they can remember a statement said about them 9 years ago and remember it exactly word for word.
Even if this is or is not TEXPAC why do it. I don't care if he says he is 6-8 450 lbs and a world class power lifter, I am not very intimidated by a person in cyber space. Whether I am 300 lbs or 125 lbs, what is anyone going to do tell me they are going to kick my ass over the computer. Maybe he thinks if he is 300 lbs everyone will be afraid and stop typing things about him who knows for sure. I just found the stats statement odd.

LosAngelis
08-06-2004, 07:05 PM
I think TexPack and BigDogBovy should do a charity wrestling match.

magicci
08-06-2004, 07:51 PM
los are you still going to be such a nice division rival when the season starts or are you gonna turn and start putting everyone down.

LosAngelis
08-06-2004, 09:18 PM
I can put you down now, if you want. :-)

magicci
08-06-2004, 09:28 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

I can put you down now, if you want. :-)

is that an answer to my question

TEXPACK
08-07-2004, 11:55 AM
To all of you who have doubts about me. I am Gann Brooks aka TEXPACK. However, I did cut and paste from a website for the Quote from Jim Wacker not because I don't know how big or heavy I am. Apparently, there is an undercurrent of jeolosy here?

NeoTX what doesn't make sense is why you back down everytime I offer to meet you? How would I know certain details about H-E-B stadium etc. in Bedford Texas 1992 High school playoffs numbers etc? If I were lying. How would I have claimed my Dad coached at Holy Angels High School in West Bend, WI as I told Los if this were not true? Especially since he lives there and can not even tell me if the school still exists.

I call for NeoTX to end this like a man and meet me or for all here to remain silent on the matter.

P.S. NeoTX is the real punk here. He should change his signature to "you can't disguise the fear in his eyes?"

NeoVikesTX
08-07-2004, 01:49 PM
Why am I even replying to this nonsense?

OK, H-E-B Field? It's called Pennington Field last time I checked dumbass.

And you were 300 pounds almost 10 years ago? So how fat are you now? Everyone gains a little weight after high school, and you were already a fat-ass, so can you even get out of the house now? I guess that would explain all your posts here.

So, here's a reality check TexPack. No one likes you in here. You are a jack-ass that talks out of his ass and you need to get a life instead of coming into forums and talking shit to people to boost up your ultra-low self-esteem.

Don't try to get anyone in here to believe any of your lies. Talk football and that's it.

ndakvikefan
08-07-2004, 05:52 PM
Wow Neovikes so tell us how you really feel LOL

triedandtruevikesfan
08-07-2004, 06:37 PM
hey Neo... lets not stoop to their level ok? I understand that some of the cheeseheads aggravate you because they aggravate me too... we gotta be the bigger people though!

whackthepack
08-07-2004, 09:57 PM
now now children lets all play nice or we will have to send you to bed without your dinner!

vegasvike
08-08-2004, 03:41 PM
wow I guess that the Vike/pack rivalary is at the point of fist fighting now huh? Man this season is goin to produce a lot of trash talk

VKG4LFE
08-08-2004, 03:44 PM
I ALWAYS thought the rivalry was at the point of fist fighting!!

TEXPACK
08-08-2004, 05:27 PM
As I posted before NeoTX I've lost 20-25lbs since then. You are a punk for sure let's end this like men or you should really shut up before I embarrass you physically like I apparently do mentally.

You are obviously an undereducated turd worthy of your pathetic life.

P.S. I was at North Side last night wish you were there puss.

vegasvike
08-08-2004, 06:57 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I ALWAYS thought the rivalry was at the point of fist fighting!!

well looks like the first packer fan I see is gonna get it VKG you got my back? :D

VKG4LFE
08-08-2004, 07:00 PM
No doubt!!

ItalianStallion
08-08-2004, 07:16 PM
Wow this is getting interesting.

LosAngelis
08-08-2004, 08:26 PM
<--lying low

NeoVikesTX
08-09-2004, 12:47 AM
You know what's really sad about all of this? The fact that you are 30 years old, yet still try and resort to elementary styles of solving problems. You say whatever is on your mind, and then when someone rejects your opinions, you threaten to "throw them in the dumpster".

Seriously, do yourself and everyone else on this site a favor and get a life.

TEXPACK
08-09-2004, 01:03 AM
Do yourself a favor pick a dumpster and jump in coward!

ItalianStallion
08-09-2004, 01:11 AM
TexPack what do you expect? Do you want him to catch a flight so he can see you in all your wonder *cough* or something?

Better watch out though, I bet that the "your momma" jokes will start coming soon.

BigEasyViking
08-09-2004, 01:22 AM
Hey, why don't both of you grow up? We are all adults here, I think and honestly both of you are sounding like 2nd graders. If you are both second graders then simply say :lol: " I'm rubber your glue, what ever you say will bounce off of me and stick to you". :lol: It used to work for me. Really though, I understand that you don't like each other which is cool, but it's getting a little rediculous. But if you do need to have it out then do us all a favor and video tape it and send it to WEBBY so that we can all watch it.

:clown: :argue: :clown:

TEXPACK
08-09-2004, 01:28 AM
I'll do that I just bought a new Sony Handycam.

I am an adult. This neotx keeps sending me notices telling me I'm a liar and a Fatass. I want to give him every opportunity to say them in person.

FYI Itallion. NeoTX and I are only about 30 minutes apart so, as stupid as this may sound it could happen. I just need to know when and where?

I'm a Packer Fan I always show up!

BigEasyViking
08-09-2004, 01:43 AM
Make sure to have someone else hold the cam, so we get the best video possible. Really though, I doubt that Neo would really come and meet you since we have already figured out that your like 280lbs. Come to think of it, I wouldn't come and meet you either. Maybee if I get to use like a crow bar or something. LOL. Hey, fair is fair!

NeoVikesTX
08-09-2004, 01:26 PM
So I decided to do a search for "Gann Brooks" using a people search on-line. Well, I found the only Gann Brooks in the U.S., and yes he is 30 years old, but he lives in Waxahachie, TX.

I thought you lived in Plano there TexPack?

Let me guess, you USED to live in Waxahachie, but have recently moved to Plano? Or maybe there's another Gann Brooks the exact same age as yourself living in the same state?

OK, we will see, I have already called the number but got the answering machine. I will call back later to talk to the real Gann Brooks and see what he has to say.

If you answer the phone TexPack, then that's fine and I was wrong. But if this guy has no idea what I am talking about, then seriously don't come into this forum again.

TEXPACK
08-09-2004, 07:00 PM
I'll be waiting for your call. I love that you are stalking me. You Viking fans are sure something.