PDA

View Full Version : So, what's up with Onterrio???

raginghelga914
03-24-2006, 12:00 PM
What's the news on Onterrio Smith. Will he return as a Viking after the suspension or will they cut him loose. Any ideas??

ultravikingfan
03-24-2006, 01:28 PM
He is still a Viking. He is still under his year of suspension.

singersp
03-24-2006, 01:56 PM
Excerpts from past articles that have been posted;

"The Vikings haven't determined what the status of running back Onterrio Smith will be next season. Smith was suspended by the NFL last season for substance abuse."

"Childress cannot speak to suspended running back Onterrio Smith until May and said he would not make a decision on him until they meet."

"Childress acknowledged Friday (Feb. 24) that the team is thin in terms of numbers, and the Vikings are not assuming that Onterrio Smith, who is serving a one-year suspension, will be back with them in 2006"

I hope that helps.

ThorSPL
03-24-2006, 02:33 PM
That is a VERY old quote..... I think the jury is still out.

He has talent and should be cheap... you never know

singersp
03-24-2006, 02:39 PM
"ThorSPL" wrote:

That is a VERY old quote..... I think the jury is still out.

He has talent and should be cheap... you never know

Yes it is, but there hasn't been any new info. :wink:

Prophet
03-24-2006, 02:39 PM
Or, you could click on the search (http://purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=search) engine on the website and read the dozens of other threads that have the same information. I know, just a crazy idea.

raginghelga914
03-24-2006, 09:38 PM
Thanks guys! Skol Vikes!

shawn9876uss
03-24-2006, 09:41 PM
I would like to see them keep him if they can for cheap, maybe he will be the next k-rob

VikesfaninWis
03-24-2006, 10:01 PM
:newb: :lol:

whiteviking24
03-25-2006, 12:20 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

Or, you could click on the search (http://purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=search) engine on the website and read the dozens of other threads that have the same information. I know, just a crazy idea.

Prophet, I hear ya, there are alot of duplicate threads on here.

we gotta cut new people slack till they learn their way around. :wink:

jaymz7
03-25-2006, 03:35 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

:newb: :lol:

:laughing3:

ultravikingfan
03-25-2006, 04:28 PM
"whiteviking24" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

Prophet, I hear ya, there are alot of duplicate threads on here.

we gotta cut new people slack till they learn their way around. :wink:

You hit it right on the head.

I could have easily "Locked" this, but the guy asked an honest question. We cannot expect every new member to know the "ins and outs" of the site right away.

Recently, I have visited some other Viking's boards. Let me tell you this, we are, by far, the most lenient when it comes to duplicate posts and posts that are already being discussed. Guys get totally flamed and then then have a huge thread on that is just a gripe session.

So, we take it easy on our new members here. We do not want to discourage them from posting.

vikingsfan42
03-25-2006, 04:39 PM
I SAY IF HE WANTS TO SMOKE THE REFER SMOKE IT WITH ANOTHER TEAM