PDA

View Full Version : Trusting Childress

thanatoschristou
03-23-2006, 09:18 PM
Childress has taken some bashing for letting Daunte go. He has taken so guff by fans for not going after beg name lbs and rbs. I am inclined to give Childress the benefit of the doubt until he proves himself wrong.

Childress is attempting to build a team of togetherness and character. IT IS very possible to win with a team instead of with amazing atheletes who play sometimes.

SKOL
03-23-2006, 09:20 PM
Building a cohesive unit takes good communication. I know I'm not in the know, but from where I stand it doesn't look like he's a very good communicator.

thanatoschristou
03-23-2006, 09:24 PM
The whole organization has done little communicating so far this year. Hope they sharre a little more. I can appreciate keeping private business private but there is line to be walked. We pay there salaries, would be nice to have an idea of what is happening.

ultravikingfan
03-23-2006, 10:43 PM
"thanatoschristou" wrote:

Childress has taken some bashing for letting Daunte go. He has taken so guff by fans for not going after beg name lbs and rbs. I am inclined to give Childress the benefit of the doubt until he proves himself wrong.

Childress is attempting to build a team of togetherness and character. IT IS very possible to win with a team instead of with amazing atheletes who play sometimes.

Yes, the Patriots did it 3 times.

cajunvike
03-23-2006, 10:56 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

DARE TO DREAM!!! YES!!!!! :grin:

SharperVikings
03-24-2006, 12:55 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

:banana:

JellyBean2144
03-24-2006, 01:03 AM
I will hold my judgement until after the season, on Childress. I hope these moves play off.

DarrinNelsonguy
03-24-2006, 01:07 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I am going downtown Minneapolis very early tomorrow morning to put my lawn chair out for the parade, so that I get the best spot.

ThaSuperFreak33
03-24-2006, 02:16 AM
Yeah it will be best to wait for the end of the season to either Bash or Celebrate Coach Childress. I hope it will be celebrate rather than bash.

FedjeViking
03-24-2006, 02:26 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I've been doing that for 39 years now, when will I wake up? :lol:

so-cal vike
03-24-2006, 02:51 AM
"FedjeViking" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

You'll wake up when the Vikes win the Superbowl. Of course, you won't believe it. You'll still think you are dreaming. :grin:

FedjeViking
03-24-2006, 03:19 AM
"so-cal vike" wrote:

"FedjeViking" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

You'll wake up when the Vikes win the Superbowl. Of course, you won't believe it. You'll still think you are dreaming. :grin:

I was afraid of that! I just hope I'm not in the 'final sleep.' If I am, PP.O has to have a party in my honor. :lol: :lol:

RandyMoss8404
03-24-2006, 03:21 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Uhm,

Tom Brady is an amazing athlete

You know, the Quarterback.

The one who won those games on gamewinning drives. :-p

ultravikingfan
03-24-2006, 03:34 AM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Uhm,

Uhm,

Tom Brady is now an amazing athlete because of that.

He did not do it on his own.

Brady has taken a pay cut also to better the team.

V-Unit
03-24-2006, 03:54 AM
To get back on topic. Childress deserved some of the criticism for how he handled the Daunte situation. Trading Daunte may have been the right thing to do, but the way it all went down was not a peaceful event at all.

That combined with the lack of communication gives fans doubt about Childress's capabilites. However, this does not mean he is doing a bad job overall. Just because I disagree with a certain decision does not mean I don't trust the man. At the same time, to ignore the bad and only look at the good is foolish.

ViKing24
03-24-2006, 03:58 AM
culppeper sucks really bad

DaunteHOF
03-24-2006, 04:02 AM
We need an allpro caliber QB to win the SB, oh wait we trading him? but hopefully we'll find another one....

DarrinNelsonguy
03-24-2006, 04:04 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

We need an allpro caliber QB to win the SB, oh wait we trading him? but hopefully we'll find another one....

Enough with the Daunte crap he's gone and he did NOT want to be HERE, get over it!

so-cal vike
03-24-2006, 04:43 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

If that's how you feel then you don't have faith in the "team."

The Ravens won with Dilfer.(not an all pro QB)

Oh yeah, I believe the Bucs won with what's his name...BRAD JOHNSON.

DarrinNelsonguy
03-24-2006, 04:45 AM
"so-cal vike" wrote:

"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Great point so-cal!

olson_10
03-24-2006, 04:59 AM
"so-cal vike" wrote:

"DaunteHOF" wrote:

exactly, even tom brady was a complete nobody when he won..as well as kurt warner..people need to stop with the all pro QB BULL$HIT

PurplePumpkin
03-24-2006, 05:26 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Uhm,

Uhm,

Tom Brady is now an amazing athlete because of that.

He did not do it on his own.

Brady has taken a pay cut also to better the team.

Tom Brady was drafted in the sixth round. :scratch:

damien927
03-24-2006, 06:01 AM
Just because Childress doesn't talk to the media about what the Vikes are doin', doesn't mean that he has bad communication with his players. You have read what he said about DC.... DC was only worried about money, not the team, not football, just the money. Childress said they NEVER talked about football or the new offense. I am sure if DC would have been willing, they would have talked ONLY about the team. I am glad they got rid of DC. I know he played great at times (2004), but with his fragile psyche and need for constant ego stroking..... He may have been more hurt than help, especially in tough situations. IMO.

whackthepack
03-24-2006, 07:59 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

We had one and we have 0 Superbowls.

Daunte 0 Superbowls!

Payton Manning 0 Superbowls!

2 best QB's in 2004.

Brad Johnson 1 Superbowl win!

Brady was a backup, and was not heralded at all before he took over and won a couple of Superbowls.