PDA

View Full Version : Trotter not so healthy?



muchluv4smoot
07-22-2004, 11:05 PM
I just read an article on ESPN.com, saying that trotter actually failed a physical for a NFC team, which is the reason why he didn't sign quickly with any team and why he didn't get any money in his deal. I would bet it was seattle who he failed the physical for, since they were the one team who really wanted him after he was released. It sounds like trotter's knees aren't in great shape. I knew there had to be some reason to why he signed for such a crappy deal. Maybe it is good we didn't sign him? We don't really need another LB with health questions.

AngloVike
07-23-2004, 02:05 AM
"muchluv4moss" wrote:

I just read an article on ESPN.com, saying that trotter actually failed a physical for a NFC team, which is the reason why he didn't sign quickly with any team and why he didn't get any money in his deal. I would bet it was seattle who he failed the physical for, since they were the one team who really wanted him after he was released. It sounds like trotter's knees aren't in great shape. I knew there had to be some reason to why he signed for such a crappy deal. Maybe it is good we didn't sign him? We don't really need another LB with health questions.

Thats he problem we have as fans sometimes in that we don't always know what is going on in the background with things. So we moan and groan saying that the team should have signed this player or that player without knowing the full deal.
In this case it sounds as if the Vikes may have done the right thing by avoiding Trotter if he does have dodgy knees, but as you say we don't need a player thats only 50% fit

muchluv4smoot
07-23-2004, 01:26 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:

"muchluv4moss" wrote:

I just read an article on ESPN.com, saying that trotter actually failed a physical for a NFC team, which is the reason why he didn't sign quickly with any team and why he didn't get any money in his deal. I would bet it was seattle who he failed the physical for, since they were the one team who really wanted him after he was released. It sounds like trotter's knees aren't in great shape. I knew there had to be some reason to why he signed for such a crappy deal. Maybe it is good we didn't sign him? We don't really need another LB with health questions.

Thats he problem we have as fans sometimes in that we don't always know what is going on in the background with things. So we moan and groan saying that the team should have signed this player or that player without knowing the full deal.
In this case it sounds as if the Vikes may have done the right thing by avoiding Trotter if he does have dodgy knees, but as you say we don't need a player thats only 50% fit


Yeah, a lot of fans think the coaches are idiots and don't know how to evaluate guys. The coaches knew something we didn't about trotter, and that is probably why we didn't even bother with the guy.

VikemanX84
07-23-2004, 04:40 PM
Well, for a million bucks, and for a kid with that kind of upside and potential, when we have the money to spare. I still don't see any real reason to not have signed him.

muchluv4smoot
07-23-2004, 06:45 PM
"VikemanX84" wrote:

Well, for a million bucks, and for a kid with that kind of upside and potential, when we have the money to spare. I still don't see any real reason to not have signed him.



Hey I agree that he was still signed cheap, but it was for a reason. No one knew anything about him failing a physical, not even VU(who seem to go off on a tyrade when he was signed by the eagles). This should at least give us a reason why we weren't after him, and satisfies me. Yes we need more depth at LB, but I would prefer a healthy one as would our coaches. I wonder what position we are gonna sign before training camp, to fill our last open roster spot? Are there any vet LB's out there? It would be nice to have another, to come in and be a backup, and also teach these young guys. Maybe a vet CB? I can't wait for training camp and preseason! Thanks to the NFL network, I will get to watch every vikes preseason game twice.