PDA

View Full Version : Childress inexperienced?



threepete21
03-22-2006, 06:50 AM
Since I am too cheap to get espn insider I was wondering if anyone saw this on their NFL page. "Brad Childress is showing his inexperience as a head coach with his poor handling of the Daunte Culpepper situation." First of all who is Jeremy Green, did he play for Colorado and Ski? I think that Childress did a nice job with CPepp, he had experience with TO. The Vikings are trying to clean up their image and I think that Childress' "inexperience" may get him a lot of win and a championship in the next 3 years.

mogwai
03-22-2006, 06:55 AM
that's dennis greens son.screw him as well

cajunvike
03-22-2006, 06:57 AM
"threepete21" wrote:

Since I am too cheap to get espn insider I was wondering if anyone saw this on their NFL page. "Brad Childress is showing his inexperience as a head coach with his poor handling of the Daunte Culpepper situation." First of all who is Jeremy Green, did he play for Colorado and Ski? I think that Childress did a nice job with CPepp, he had experience with TO. The Vikings are trying to clean up their image and I think that Childress' "inexperience" may get him a lot of win and a championship in the next 3 years.

Jeremy Bloom is the Colorado football player/pro skier, not Jeremy Green.

ultravikingfan
03-22-2006, 06:58 AM
He is inexperienced as a Head Coach.

Whats the question?

cajunvike
03-22-2006, 06:58 AM
Jeremy Green is a former NFL scout and director of pro personnel for the Cleveland Browns. He started as an area scout for the San Francisco 49ers in 1998 and '99 before heading to Cleveland and is the son of former Vikings coach Dennis Green.

PAvikesfan
03-22-2006, 07:01 AM
who care? i think Childress is doing a fine job so far.

pepper 0n moss
03-22-2006, 07:01 AM
Well, he is, technically, inexperienced, seeing how it is only his first year. It's too to tell though.

aceclown
03-22-2006, 07:07 AM
Big Fukkin Deal, at least he served as a coordinator, which is more than Tice could say before he was promoted to head coach.

threepete21
03-22-2006, 07:10 AM
I am just saying this Jeremy Green guy makes it sound like he doesn't know hat he is doing as a coach. I know he is in his first year and really I did know who Jeremy Bloom is. My point is that it seems that these guys in the big time media disagree with the trading of CPepp. Clayton is the same way, yet from what I read and hear in Minny (I live in Colorado) majority feel that Culpepper needed to go. I think with 30 million + in salary cap space we are going to have a completely different team than what we are used to. Top that with purple on purple uniforms they will soon be saying "it ain't your father's Vikings anymore"

shawn9876uss
03-22-2006, 07:23 AM
He is just saying this stuff, because it brings attention to him, and if childress does good, he can just say, well he is new, and that is what I am baseing it on.

so-cal vike
03-22-2006, 07:34 AM
At first I thought this was going to be a rip on Childress thread. I'm glad to see that you're on board (no love boat jokes please,) with the new changes. As for the media's take on the C-Pep trade, they all are two faced. 2 weeks ago every reporter was ripping on the Vikings for their attitude towards the Daunte situation. Now those same reporters are backing Zygi and Childress in their decision making.

As for the question of Childress's inexperience, I think aceclown said it best:"aceclown" wrote:

Big Fukkin Deal, at least he served as a coordinator, which is more than Tice could say before he was promoted to head coach. :thumbright:

RandyMoss8404
03-22-2006, 07:36 AM
CHILDRESS NEEDS TO PUT A SOCK IN IT



After two months of virtual silence, new Vikings coach Brad Childress has begun to talk.



A lot.



And it's getting the attention of several league insiders, one of whom believes that Childress "talks way too f--king much" and that he should "shut the f--k up." (Poetry. Sheer poetry.)



Childress has become loquacious in the week since the Vikings shipped quarterback Daunte Culpepper to Miami. The coach has dissed Daunte on at least two occasions, comparing him most recently to Terrell Owens. And Childress also boasts that if he hadn't taken the job in Minnesota, he could have had the gig in Green Bay.

"I saw [Packers general manager] Ted Thompson at the combine, and he asked me, 'Is it OK for me to have the driver come back from Appleton now?' He was going to pick me up. I said, 'Yeah, you can have him come back now. I'm staying here with the Purple.' So, they didn't pick me. I picked them."

Fine. But what's the point? These comments make him come off as insecure, and petty. (Hey, he could write for us.)

Brad's best bet, in our view, is to zip it. Now. At the same time he fears that Culpepper has caught the "me" disease, Childress needs to avoid developing the "Meathead" syndrome.

cajunvike
03-22-2006, 07:40 AM
As long as he backs it up, he can say whatever he wants!!!

so-cal vike
03-22-2006, 07:52 AM
He doesn't say anything and people rip on him. He finally talks and people rip on him.

Give the guy a chance. Heck, Tice had 4 years and screwed up every single one and there are those who still swear by him. With all the B.S. Pep has thrown out, Childress has every right to defend himself.

Vikes
03-22-2006, 07:58 AM
I kinda hope he brings some of that Philly swagger with him.

BigMoInAZ
03-22-2006, 11:49 AM
and as the saying goes, "The rest of the story..."

Childress needs to let Culpepper go
This offseason, the Vikings have an excellent new owner in Zygi Wilf, who has been busy making over the organization. First, he retained vice president Rob Brzezinski. Then, he hired a solid X's and O's head coach in Brad Childress, who is very detail-oriented. Finally, he brought in a young VP of personnel in Fran Foley, giving the Vikings a trio of executives who, for the first time in a long time, appear to have this franchise on the same page.

I say "appear" because the Vikings seemed confused in their handling of Daunte Culpepper's contract situation this offseason (Culpepper has since been traded to Miami). On one hand, we have Wilf being quoted as saying Culpepper never asked for more money. On the other hand, we have new coach Childress talking about Culpepper wanting to be "a $10 million-a-year quarterback." It seems the coach and owner were not on the same page on this one.

So why shouldn't we believe the hype now when talk centers around the Vikings being a potential playoff team in 2006? Aside from the fact they traded away a three-time Pro Bowl quarterback, the biggest reason is that their new head coach is showing his inexperience and is coaching with training wheels on.

Childress might have the football knowledge to be a good head coaching candidate, but he must not have been taking notes during all those Andy Reid press conferences, because it doesn't appear he knows how to manage a football team.

Childress was Culpepper's coach for roughly two months. But Cardinals QB coach Mike Kruczek (Culpepper's coach at Central Florida), Cardinals head coach Dennis Green (who drafted Culpepper) and former Vikings coach Mike Tice, who spent a lot more time with Culpepper than Childress did, have never had anything negative to say about the player. On the contrary, they consistently have talked about how great he was on the field, in the locker room and as a person off the field.

Entering last season, Culpepper ranked third all-time in passer rating (93.2), trailing only Steve Young (96.8) and Kurt Warner (95.7). Over the first five seasons of his career, he had the second-highest completion percentage in NFL history, behind only Warner. In 2004, he set the record for most yards from scrimmage by a quarterback (5,123), breaking a 20-year old record set by Hall of Famer Dan Marino.

So what is the real story here? Do Childress and Culpepper have some past history that might have predicted that they wouldn't get along?

After the 2003 season, when Culpepper was named the NFC starter in the Pro Bowl, the Eagles' coaching staff, with Childress having moved up to offensive coordinator, led the NFC squad. After a season in which Culpepper had thrown for 3,479 yards, 25 TDs, had a passer rating of 96.4 and a 65 percent completion rate, he played exactly five minutes in the Pro Bowl game. The fact that a player chosen by the fans, players and coaches to represent the NFC played only three series and only one quarter goes against the entire spirit of the game. It's possible that the 2003 Pro Bowl was the start of the problems for Culpepper and Childress.

Sources close to the situation have said that Culpepper requested a playbook from Childress this offseason and never received one. What kind of message does that send?

Whatever their past history, it's clear there was a rift between Culpepper and Childress.

Now, Childress can't seem to bash him enough. Over the past week, Childress has basically assassinated Culpepper's character in the media. He talked about Culpepper's contract demands, about Culpepper being a "me" guy and even compared him to former Eagles WR Terrell Owens.

All of Childress' comments came after Culpepper had been traded, and the AP quoted Culpepper as saying, "I wish the best for the Viking organization as they go forward under the new ownership group and coaching staff." I would hate to have seen Childress' response had Culpepper blasted the organization.

I'm not a head coach. I've never coached a day in my life. But I have been around the NFL my entire life and have been around some great coaches. I've been to hundreds of press conferences, and I've seen how different coaches handle different situations. There is a certain way you deal with touchy situations, and Childress is about to learn that lesson the hard way.

Childress never has been a head coach, either, and he was not even the primary play-caller in Philadelphia. Taking cheap shots at a player who had been the face of the Vikings for six years doesn't strike me as something an experienced head coach would do. Childress easily could have echoed Culpepper's positive comments, saying something like, "Daunte was a great quarterback for the Vikings, but we have opted to go in another direction. We feel like we received excellent value for him, and we hope to take that second-round pick and get ourselves an excellent football player. We wish Daunte all the best in Miami."

Instead he took two opportunities to rip the former Pro Bowl and franchise Vikings QB.

If Childress' goal were to get off to a rocky start with his new players, then mission accomplished. Culpepper always has been well-respected by the players in Minnesota and throughout the NFL. I can't imagine the Vikings players don't see what's going on or that it doesn't affect them to see their new head coach tear down a player many of them respected.

Childress might turn out to be a great head coach, but he might want to remember that in the coaching profession, you don't comment on other teams' players, and Culpepper is no longer his player. It's time for the Vikings' first-time head coach to grow up, take off the training wheels and get on the high road. Childress needs to become a leader within his organization, something he appears to have lost sight of in the Culpepper saga.

Now all of us are entitled to our opinions, and mine is this article is SPOT ON! Childress isn't the person half of you believe him to be and until he proves differently, he'll remain a http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e138/BigMo58/BRAD.jpg IMHO!

NordicNed
03-22-2006, 12:55 PM
My opinion is, if anyone was acting out like a retard, well Culpepper rode himself out of Minny on a short yellow bus while licking the back window.

Childress has come to town and he's kissing no ones ass. He's already been part of a positive FA and it may not stop where it is now.

He's come to Minny with his own ideas and his own way, so far I back him 100%.

I myself, don't put much weight into an artical written by an ex-coaches son, who is pushing a pen instead of push a yard marker backwards or forwards.

I'm going to have to up my order of Crow, for those non-belivers...

I'll let the na-sayers know when it's time for din din.......

Muggsy
03-22-2006, 06:19 PM
BigMoInAZ wrote:

Now all of us are entitled to our opinions, and mine is this article is SPOT ON!

Well, I'm entitled to my opinion too, y'know? An' dis article ain't no SPOT ON! It's more of a stain, a poop stain, y'know?

It's just more hatin' on our new head coach by someone wit' his own poisenal opinion, y'know? It don't mean he's right, just means he got an opinion, just like we all got an opinion like we all got sphincter holes, y'know? Only in dis case, Jeremy Green is talkin' out of his, y'know?

You tink Brad is a r-e-t-a-r-d. I tink he is a m-a-n. We'll see who is right, y'know?

DCPologirl
03-22-2006, 06:25 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

CHILDRESS NEEDS TO PUT A SOCK IN IT



After two months of virtual silence, new Vikings coach Brad Childress has begun to talk.



A lot.



And it's getting the attention of several league insiders, one of whom believes that Childress "talks way too f--king much" and that he should "shut the f--k up." (Poetry. Sheer poetry.)



Childress has become loquacious in the week since the Vikings shipped quarterback Daunte Culpepper to Miami. The coach has dissed Daunte on at least two occasions, comparing him most recently to Terrell Owens. And Childress also boasts that if he hadn't taken the job in Minnesota, he could have had the gig in Green Bay.

"I saw [Packers general manager] Ted Thompson at the combine, and he asked me, 'Is it OK for me to have the driver come back from Appleton now?' He was going to pick me up. I said, 'Yeah, you can have him come back now. I'm staying here with the Purple.' So, they didn't pick me. I picked them."

Fine. But what's the point? These comments make him come off as insecure, and petty. (Hey, he could write for us.)

Brad's best bet, in our view, is to zip it. Now. At the same time he fears that Culpepper has caught the "me" disease, Childress needs to avoid developing the "Meathead" syndrome.

LOL I love it...that is exactly how I feel

Del Rio
03-22-2006, 06:33 PM
He shouldn't have taken shots at Culpepper after the fact, he should of straight up pimp slapped him from the begining and every time that POS sent an E-mail to his ESPN pals Childress should have stomped his ass into the ground.

I can see it now, this just in Duante Culpepper sent us an e-mail......he's crying over spilt milk.

Brad Childress has sent us an e-mail...

"Hey guys......since my QB wants to e-mail you and ignore me because I won't give him more money do you think you can hook an inexperienced coach up and pass him this note....

Dear Daunte:

Fuck You

Sincerely: Brad Childress

thanks ESPN!"

Mr-holland
03-22-2006, 06:42 PM
I think Brad did a good job so far.
If i'd be the Hc, i'd diss Daunte also.
And maybe he's just right that he's like T.O

twiztedfait
03-22-2006, 06:47 PM
He may be acting like T.O but you don't state that in a press conferance. While I agree with the comments made you do not tell the world. It was not very classy to say that even more so when your franchise is trying to show the fans that tey have class.

Benet
03-22-2006, 06:49 PM
What a surprise.

As said by someone earlier in this thread, you really can't please everybody. The Vikings shut up shop for a month while they get their strategies sorted out, and the local media goes ballistic. Now they start talking and the national media picks up on it and tries to shoot everything down. Who is this idiot for ESPN? What does he know about what's been going on in Minnesota? Does he know Culpepper personally? Or was that sloppy blow-job of an article just a favour for some future oral? I swear to God, the majority of this board knows more about what happened between Daunte and the Vikings than this insulated little daddy's boy who is probably thinking: "My daddy's a coach so as his son my opinion matters cos I've like seen everything in this business yet still not done anything well to get a proper job in the NFL and am now writing for ESPN Insider in the hopes that I'll get back in."

Childress did what he thought was necessary by shipping Culpepper out. The media is going to keep asking him about this until about 2 years down the line.. Because at the beginning and end of this season and the beginning of next season, whatever happens, the question surrounding the Vikings will be "How would they have done with Culpepper?", so he answered in the way he saw fit. So he compared him to T.O? I think Childress has more knowledge on BOTH the T.O and Culpepper scenarios than some prick sitting on his laptop worrying about what the topic of his next article will be. Don't worry that it's old news and everyone has moved on.. Just pick a fight on an old subject and re-open old wounds.

And this is the reason I will NEVER get ESPN Insider. If I want biased OP-ED pieces based on nothing but conjecture I'll read Pat Kirwan, Vic Carucci, and that old guy who used to be a big shot with the Cowboys and has now gone completely senile on NFL.com thank you very much.

I respect Mike Carlson's opinion, however. He hosts the NFL Monday Night Football broadcasts here in the U.K and he always comes across as a polite, respectful and intelligent analyst.

Muggsy
03-22-2006, 07:24 PM
RandyMoss8404 wrote:

CHILDRESS NEEDS TO PUT A SOCK IN IT

After two months of virtual silence, new Vikings coach Brad Childress has begun to talk.

A lot.

And it's getting the attention of several league insiders, one of whom believes that Childress "talks way too f--king much" and that he should "shut the f--k up." (Poetry. Sheer poetry.)

Childress has become loquacious in the week since the Vikings shipped quarterback Daunte Culpepper to Miami. The coach has dissed Daunte on at least two occasions, comparing him most recently to Terrell Owens. And Childress also boasts that if he hadn't taken the job in Minnesota, he could have had the gig in Green Bay.

"I saw [Packers general manager] Ted Thompson at the combine, and he asked me, 'Is it OK for me to have the driver come back from Appleton now?' He was going to pick me up. I said, 'Yeah, you can have him come back now. I'm staying here with the Purple.' So, they didn't pick me. I picked them."

Fine. But what's the point? These comments make him come off as insecure, and petty. (Hey, he could write for us.)

Brad's best bet, in our view, is to zip it. Now. At the same time he fears that Culpepper has caught the "me" disease, Childress needs to avoid developing the "Meathead" syndrome.

DCPologirl wrote:

LOL I love it...that is exactly how I feel

:roll:

Purple Floyd
03-22-2006, 07:39 PM
I hope he does bring some discipline and a winning attitude to the team. I also hope he can get our first draft selection in on time. That will get him off to a better start than Tice had.

Jviking
03-22-2006, 07:51 PM
there was no need to rip c-pep. hes gone. but come on, give our new coach a chance. I am looking forward to his regime. lets face facts weve had a three ring circus for awhile now. I am sure we wont be hearing about a boating incident this season....I also like the fa pick ups. so far so good. screw espn.

V-Unit
03-22-2006, 07:58 PM
Is Childress inexperienced? Yes. It's not an opinion, it's a fact. He has never been a head coach before period. However, that isn't neccessarily a bad thing.

Childress screwed the Culppper situation up. I'm angry about it but I don't hate the guy because he has done 1 bad thing and about 8 good things. Basically this is just the media trying to make a story bigger than it needs to be.

whackthepack
03-22-2006, 08:06 PM
"twiztedfait" wrote:

He may be acting like T.O but you don't state that in a press conferance. While I agree with the comments made you do not tell the world. It was not very classy to say that even more so when your franchise is trying to show the fans that tey have class.


He did not say it in his speech! He was asked a question and his response was that Daunte reminded him of someone that was all about me that he had to deal with last year. He did not call Daunte T-ho or name T-ho, I believe he was referring to him but he did not call him T-ho.

whackthepack
03-22-2006, 08:08 PM
And the media rips on him for not speaking to the media, he does and then he gets ripped for what he says! He should have just kept not speaking to the media, but then they would say shit about him anyway!

NodakPaul
03-22-2006, 08:22 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"twiztedfait" wrote:

He may be acting like T.O but you don't state that in a press conferance. While I agree with the comments made you do not tell the world. It was not very classy to say that even more so when your franchise is trying to show the fans that tey have class.


He did not say it in his speech! He was asked a question and his response was that Daunte reminded him of someone that was all about me that he had to deal with last year. He did not call Daunte T-ho or name T-ho, I believe he was referring to him but he did not call him T-ho.

Exactly right. He was asked a specific question and he answered it. Childress is doing much better than his predecessor, and I have all the faith in the world that Childress and the rest of the Vikings front office staff can bring the discipline we need to average better than the .500 we had been doing.

so-cal vike
03-23-2006, 07:55 AM
What we are seeing here are the hold-overs from the "I love Daunte group" now directing their anger towards Childress. Notice that their only arguement against Childress is the Culpepper trade. The arguement was weak in the C-Pep thread and it's weak here.

This is a totaly new organization taking shape in away that the new owners and coaches want. We can debate whether we like the new direction our franchise is headed, we can argue whether the decisions they are making are good ones or not, we can like or dislike whoever we want. What we can't do is bash this new Vikings before they've played a single game.

If anyone wants to continue to bash Zygi, Childress or any member of the Vikings, come up with a better argurment than "they shouldn't have traded Daunte," or better yet just try waiting to see how the season plays out.

Remember, nobody said you have to be a Vikings fan for life. If you don't like the team, you're welcome to leave.

BigMoInAZ
03-23-2006, 08:23 AM
What we have here is a failure to communicate..... :lol:

Minnesota Nice! God I love the smell of Napalm in the morning! :wink:

LongtimeVikesfan
03-23-2006, 08:46 AM
So some of you think we should have kept Tice for one more year? WTF? Look at what Childress has pulled in already!
1. One of the best guards in football.
2. One of the best fullbacks in the league.
3. One of the most accurate kickers in NFL history
4. A running back that averages over 4ypc with an average line in Balt.
5. Purged players who refused to commit to his requests.

Let the man speak his mind! I think his plan will result in immediate results. He has only begun; the Vikes need some definite discipline. Childress is driving this team in the right direction.

RK.
03-23-2006, 09:09 AM
That is one of the stupidest articles that I have ever read. What is all this BS about no experience.

Throughout his coaching career Childress has built winners, taking losing programs at Illinois and Wisconsin and turning them into Big Ten champions and Rose Bowl teams. Before joining Philadelphia in 1999, the 1998 squad went 3-13. In two seasons the Eagles were in the playoffs and in three seasons were winning the first of four straight NFC East titles.

The 2006 season marks Childress' 29th in coaching and his 9th on an NFL sideline. During his previous 28 seasons at the collegiate and professional ranks Childress has been a part of teams with winning records 17 times and has a combined record of 205-156-8 including playoffs and bowl action.

Sounds like lots of experience to me. :razz: Its his first year as an NFL head coach but its not like he is some idiot that doesnt know exactly what that requires. Geeze people kept asking why he canned "he who must not be named" and so he told them why. WTBFD. :???:

olson_10
03-23-2006, 09:15 AM
he doesnt have any experience as a head coach..but the purpose of that green loser's article was completely off..nothing wrong with the handling of the daunte situation..the guy did what he needed to do to get the right guys in here..daunte talked about nothing but money over and over and over again, and childress decided he had enough of it, and dumped him..if daunte came into the season with a team first attitude, there wouldve never been a problem to start with..i cant figure out why most people still completely miss that point..i thought daunte wouldve lost credibility in all of this and the boat incident, but people still side with him on each and every issue, no matter what he said or did

Texas_Viking
03-23-2006, 09:17 AM
My Hat's off to MR. CHILDRESS. I think he's doing a great job. If everyone acted like him and didn't take any crap from the players, then we wouldn't see so many millionaire cry babies and trouble makers.. Maybe HE can help put the "Professional" back in "Professional Football"

olson_10
03-23-2006, 09:17 AM
"LongtimeVikesfan" wrote:

So some of you think we should have kept Tice for one more year? WTF? Look at what Childress has pulled in already!
1. One of the best guards in football.
2. One of the best fullbacks in the league.
3. One of the most accurate kickers in NFL history
4. A running back that averages over 4ypc with an average line in Balt.
5. Purged players who refused to commit to his requests.

Let the man speak his mind! I think his plan will result in immediate results. He has only begun; the Vikes need some definite discipline. Childress is driving this team in the right direction.
yes!

olson_10
03-23-2006, 09:19 AM
"Texas_Viking" wrote:

My Hat's off to MR. CHILDRESS. I think he's doing a great job. If everyone acted like him and didn't take any crap from the players, then we wouldn't see so many millionaire cry babies and trouble makers.. Maybe HE can help put the "Professional" back in "Professional Football"
exactly..the teams that have a "professional" way of running things are the teams that have won the superbowl the last 10 or so years..there hasnt been a team that has won the superbowl since god knows when with a franchise player constantly complaining and publicly holding onto a "me first" attitude

modena11
03-23-2006, 09:55 AM
"LongtimeVikesfan" wrote:

So some of you think we should have kept Tice for one more year? WTF? Look at what Childress has pulled in already!
1. One of the best guards in football.
2. One of the best fullbacks in the league.
3. One of the most accurate kickers in NFL history
4. A running back that averages over 4ypc with an average line in Balt.
5. Purged players who refused to commit to his requests.

Let the man speak his mind! I think his plan will result in immediate results. He has only begun; the Vikes need some definite discipline. Childress is driving this team in the right direction.

let's hope so. cause if he screws up or does anything wrong, the first thing people will say is that he is inexperienced.

olson_10
03-23-2006, 10:13 AM
everybody is inexperienced at some point..jon gruden didnt take long to win a superbowl as a head coach..belichik and vermeil were rookie head coaches at some point as well..this talk about "inexperienced head coaches" is absolutely rediculous..look at how long it took lovie smith to completely turn around the chicago bears, only 1 year, and we arent in nearly as bad of shape as the bears were when lovie was named their head coach

singersp
03-23-2006, 02:15 PM
"so-cal vike" wrote:

What we are seeing here are the hold-overs from the "I love Daunte group" now directing their anger towards Childress.

That's too much of a blanket statement. I for one am a DC fan & haven't seen any cause to bash Childress.

Daunte wanted out & Childress helped him get out. And to the team DC wanted.

He took charge of a situation that was headed down the same path as the T.O. situaion & I for one am glad it happened in the off=season rather than mid-way thru the regular season.

People wanted a "take charge" breed of HC & we got one.

Sure he's inexperienced as a head coach, because he hasn't held that position yet, but I have faith in him so far. Nothing has pointed doubt in my direction.

You cannot judge a HC performance before he has even coached game one. It is as simple as that.

I for one will wait until we've actually seen him coach a year before forming an opinion as to what type of coach I think he is. The proof will be in the pudding.

olson_10
03-23-2006, 02:18 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"so-cal vike" wrote:

What we are seeing here are the hold-overs from the "I love Daunte group" now directing their anger towards Childress.

That's too much of a blanket statement. I for one am a DC fan & haven't seen any cause to bash Childress.

Daunte wanted out & Childress helped him get out. And to the team DC wanted.

He took charge of a situation that was headed down the same path as the T.O. situaion & I for one am glad it happened in the off=season rather than mid-way thru the regular season.

People wanted a "take charge" breed of HC & we got one.

Sure he's inexperienced as a head coach, because he hasn't held that position yet, but I have faith in him so far. Nothing has pointed doubt in my direction.

You cannot judge a HC performance before he has even coached game one. It is as simple as that.

I for one will wait until we've actually seen him coach a year before forming an opinion as to what type of coach I think he is. The proof will be in the pudding.
exactly

so-cal vike
03-23-2006, 05:52 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"so-cal vike" wrote:

What we are seeing here are the hold-overs from the "I love Daunte group" now directing their anger towards Childress.

That's too much of a blanket statement. I for one am a DC fan & haven't seen any cause to bash Childress.

I think that the rest of my post clarified that statement. All I'm saying is that anyone who would bash Childress has only the one arguement.

"singersp" wrote:

You cannot judge a HC performance before he has even coached game one. It is as simple as that.

I for one will wait until we've actually seen him coach a year before forming an opinion as to what type of coach I think he is. The proof will be in the pudding.

I believe I made that exact point as well. Believe me if the Vikes stink it up this season all eyes will be on Childress and the decisions that were made this off-season. Until then, give our team a chance.

Jarlvik2006
03-24-2006, 01:16 AM
Of course Childress is inexperienced! He has yet to walk on to the field as an NFL HEAD COACH! IMO, he'll be a good one sooner than most.
I was pissed when I saw the article this morning until I noticed who wrote it. This article is the typical blather that Jeremy lays down all the time. Always seems to have the "I'm way too hip for you because Daddy's a coach and I was a Personnel Director" thing goin' on.
Let us not forget that Jeremy is, I believe, also the one who traded Spergeon Wynn-less to us. So take him for what he's worth.
:roll: