PDA

View Full Version : Should Fred Smoot switch back to #21???



Jordan
03-21-2006, 03:25 AM
I think he should because when he had that # in Washington he played some good football now that he switched he stinks But Mark My Words Fred Smoot Will Return To Pro Bowl Form This Year Trust Me.

SharperVikings
03-21-2006, 03:28 AM
its up to him....he probably will because thats wut he wore at wash. but who knows? If it will improve his game phsycologically, then im all for it! :lol:

XxS2TheEvoxX
03-21-2006, 03:28 AM
I'm a big Smoot fan as well... believe he is in the top-tier cover corners. I think he will return to form.

But honestly, I could care less about what number he wears.

cajunvike
03-21-2006, 03:29 AM
Why not? If it makes him happier to play as #21, then let him do it...because we all know that a happy CB is a better CB...well either that or he's happier because he got his ashes hauled on the "Love Boat"! :evil4:

PurplePeopleEaters
03-21-2006, 03:36 AM
It will piss off a lot of people who bought his jersey last year for one thing. But.. That is another way to sell Jerseys.

RandyMoss8404
03-21-2006, 03:42 AM
I'm sure Fred "Will Allen" Smoot's number isn't the issue here.

ultravikingfan
03-21-2006, 03:44 AM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

I'm sure Fred "Will Allen" Smoot's number isn't the issue here.

Its the big hole in his face called his mouth! :razz:

XxS2TheEvoxX
03-21-2006, 03:47 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

I'm sure Fred "Will Allen" Smoot's number isn't the issue here.

Its the big hole in his face called his mouth! :razz:

SMOOT SMACK!

Redmption
03-21-2006, 03:49 AM
I read he worked out at the gym hardcore for the first time in his life and added like 18 pounds of muscle. I think he will regain his form too. I think getting burned so often really made him think about his game and wanting to get back on top

PurplePride80
03-21-2006, 03:50 AM
I remember Fred Smoot said the number 21 was a big deal to him, because he's wore that number, ever since he's played football.

But obvioulsy that has nothing to do with how he performs on the football field.

It's not that big of a deal, but I do hope he goes back to the number 21.

SharperVikings
03-21-2006, 03:50 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Why not? If it makes him happier to play as #21, then let him do it...because we all know that a happy CB is a better CB...well either that or he's happier because he got his ashes hauled on the "Love Boat"! :evil4:

:laughing3:

ThaSuperFreak33
03-21-2006, 11:30 PM
Maybe he wont get burned so bad by Steve Smith if he goes back to #21. I am all for it and Im sure Smoot is too.

DarrinNelsonguy
03-21-2006, 11:39 PM
Maybe he should switch back, so that it helps him remember where Steve Smith is on the field at ALL times.

Honestly, who cares which number he wears as long as he plays good football and if he cannot concentrate on football because he is not wearing #21 he has some serious issues.

michaelmazid
03-21-2006, 11:43 PM
I say he should switch back to number 21 since about 35% of football is mental. He had a horrible year wearing number 27 so it can't get any worse.

V-Unit
03-21-2006, 11:51 PM
I think he should be forced to wear the number 0 because that will help him remember how many plays he made last year. OK that's a bit of an exaggeration... he can wear #5.

Smoot, what have you done for me lately?

VikesfaninWis
03-21-2006, 11:52 PM
Sure, why not... Chavous is no longer here, so what would it hurt?

shawn9876uss
03-21-2006, 11:52 PM
The jersey number is not going to make him a better player, keeping his mouth shut, will help immensly

ultravikingfan
03-21-2006, 11:53 PM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

I say he should switch back to number 21 since about 35% of football is mental. He had a horrible year wearing number 27 so it can't get any worse.

Football is a lot more mental than that IMO.

Around 70-80%

VikesfaninWis
03-22-2006, 12:14 AM
OK, I didn't want to start another thread, so while we are on changing numbers.

Does anyone think that if Hutch asks nicely that Chris Liewenski will give him the #76 that he has been sporting?

V-Unit
03-22-2006, 12:17 AM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

OK, I didn't want to start another thread, so while we are on changing numbers.

Does anyone think that if Hutch asks nicely that Chris Liewenski will give him the #76 that he has been sporting?Does it really matter? Even if you were trying to pre=emptively buy Hutch's jersey knowing that information wouldn't help since we are getting new jerseys anyways.

But to answer your question......I have no idea.

VikesfaninWis
03-22-2006, 12:25 AM
"V-Unit" wrote:

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

OK, I didn't want to start another thread, so while we are on changing numbers.

Does anyone think that if Hutch asks nicely that Chris Liewenski will give him the #76 that he has been sporting?Does it really matter? Even if you were trying to pre=emptively buy Hutch's jersey knowing that information wouldn't help since we are getting new jerseys anyways.

But to answer your question......I have no idea.



What does getting new jersey designs have anything to do with Liewenski, and Hutch? It's about numbers, not new jersey designs.. I also don't recall saying or even thinking about buying a Hutch jersey.. :roll:

KRob18
03-22-2006, 12:26 AM
I bought a Smoot jersey.... I hope he doesn't swich numbers.

briboy75
03-22-2006, 12:37 AM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

I say he should switch back to number 21 since about 35% of football is mental. He had a horrible year wearing number 27 so it can't get any worse.

Actually about 33.903% of football is mental.


how do you measure something like that?

ViKing24
03-22-2006, 02:01 AM
yes he definetily should he should switch back to his old team also

Del Rio
03-22-2006, 02:21 PM
I say he has to buy his number back from the team.

I think 5 mil of that 10mil signing bonus would do. If he actually playes half way decent this season he can have it back.