PDA

View Full Version : The SOD

threepete21
03-21-2006, 03:04 AM
Does anyone know what is up with Onterrio, if he could stay clean he's a great back. Are they able to talk before his suspension is up?

SharperVikings
03-21-2006, 03:07 AM
I am not sure if they are able to talk until the suspension is up....im guessing they cant, because its a full year and he is supposed to be disconnected for a year....

He can be a huge performer, when hes clean, your right! Its just IF he stays clean....if he does, i cant wait to see him at training camp competing!

sodaknick
03-21-2006, 03:09 AM
We could put Joey Harrington and Onterrio back together again! Just like the ol' Fighting Duck days!

cajunvike
03-21-2006, 03:12 AM
SOD??? What's that...Smokehead Of the Draft???

Benet
03-21-2006, 11:11 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

SOD was what Onterrio Smith called himself after we drafted him.

Steal Of the Draft, apparently. Just goes to show marijuana screws up your ability to recognise acronyms too. :razz:

shawn9876uss
03-21-2006, 11:14 PM
Well the SOD was not really an SOD after all. They are not allowed to talk to him until the suspension is up.

ultravikingfan
03-21-2006, 11:15 PM
"Benet" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

Steal Of the Draft, apparently. Just goes to show marijuana screws up your ability to recognise acronyms too. :razz:

He knows...he was just being Cajun.

DarrinNelsonguy
03-21-2006, 11:17 PM
The organization cannot talk about him until the year long suspension is over which is some time in April. Given how the organizationis trying to improve its image in the community I don't think Onterrio will be back with the team but I may be wrong.

whackthepack
03-21-2006, 11:20 PM
"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

The organization cannot talk about him until the year long suspension is over which is some time in April. Given how the organizationis trying to improve its image in the community I don't think Onterrio will be back with the team but I may be wrong.

I thought it was in May?

ThaSuperFreak33
03-21-2006, 11:27 PM
I want him back without the pot.

DarrinNelsonguy
03-21-2006, 11:28 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

I thought it was in May?

You may be right I am not sure of the time frame.

Prophet
03-21-2006, 11:36 PM
A blurb from KFFL

Vikings head coach Brad Childress acknowledged Friday, Feb. 24, that the team is thin in terms of numbers, and the Vikings are not assuming that RB Onterrio Smith, who is serving a one-year suspension, will be back with them in 2006.

Calmwind
03-21-2006, 11:40 PM
IF, and yes i know its a big IF, he could stay clean he would be our best back. He has a nose for the endzone. He has alot of the qualities you like in a back but his love for the halfling leaf is screwing up his chances.

Benet
03-21-2006, 11:43 PM
That video of him at Oregon that someone on here linked to a while back showed how good Onterrio was. I remember reading after the draft that he was a first-round pick in terms of ability, but his attitude and off-field problems were what dropped him to the fourth round.

I'd love to see him do for the Vikings what he did for Oregon, but now that we've signed Chester Taylor I don't think that's going to happen.

V-Unit
03-21-2006, 11:45 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

A blurb from KFFL

Vikings head coach Brad Childress acknowledged Friday, Feb. 24, that the team is thin in terms of numbers, and the Vikings are not assuming that RB Onterrio Smith, who is serving a one-year suspension, will be back with them in 2006.

That's the right move. It would be dumb to assume a pothead is going to be ready to play football. However, numbers wise we have really only 3 backs not counting Onterrio. Do you think we still might draft an RB first round?

I think that would be a horrible call. We just have bigger needs right now. LB, S, even OL and QB if you ask me. Besides I am so sick of RB by committee, and drafting Maroney would be a slap in the face to Taylor.

So where is the 4th RB going to come from? Late round draft pick? After draft FA signing?

Of course the best option would be to have BOD (Botch Of Draft) turn over a new leaf and help sail the ship.

snowinapril
03-21-2006, 11:55 PM
SOD or SOB

DarrinNelsonguy
03-21-2006, 11:56 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

SOD or SOB

Could be one or the other or both. lol

VikesfaninWis
03-22-2006, 12:04 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

I was thinking more like " Son of a Drug dealer"

Purple Floyd
03-22-2006, 12:19 AM
It would be nice to see him straighten out because he could be a very dangerous back for us. When he ran, he ran "Angry" and brought alot of intensity to the offense, but if he is going to become another Rickey Williams, then he can join him and Culp in Miami. Personally I hope he make it here.

snowinapril
03-22-2006, 12:25 AM
I personally see a lot of TO in him.

If our coach can say that about DC, I don't think he would have a problem applying it to SOD.

If you get busted as many times as SOB did for the same offense, you ARE NOT thinking about any concept that involves the letters T.E.A.M.

No, I take that back, he might have been thinking about MEAT when he had the munchies. He also might have been thinking about ATM machine to get some money to head to Taco Bell, or drinking some TEA, or EATing, or about what he ATE, but mostly he was thinking about HIMSELF.

cajunvike
03-22-2006, 12:43 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Benet" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

He knows...he was just being Cajun.

Dang ROOKIES...gotta break new ones in EVERY week!!! :razz:

PackSux!
03-22-2006, 02:46 AM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

Jamal Lewis is his father? well that explains things a little better.

cajunvike
03-22-2006, 02:49 AM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

It would be nice to see him straighten out because he could be a very dangerous back for us. When he ran, he ran "Angry" and brought alot of intensity to the offense, but if he is going to become another Rickey Williams, then he can join him and Culp in Miami. Personally I hope he make it here.

I will take running "angry" any day...problem is, he was mostly running "hungry", due to always having the munchies!!! :lol:

mewario
03-22-2006, 10:06 AM
I can't look at the acronym of SOD anymore without thinking of "strap on d*ck" about Onterrio. Makes me laugh though!

We should have Harrington, Onterrior, and bring back Keenan Howry. That's the real fighting ducks right there! revisited!

mewario
03-22-2006, 10:14 AM
Can you guys believe in 2001 at Oregon, Joey Harrington threw for 27 TD's and only 6 INT's, Onterrio Smith rushed for over a 1,000 yards, and Keenan Howry had 50 catches, 700 yards, and 9 TD's? They even ended up #2 in the nation.. how things have changed since college.. brings back memories.

VikingGuy43
03-22-2006, 10:35 AM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

If we give Onterio another shot he will push Taylor for the starting job this year. That guy has all the talent in the world and he knows it... hense his self proclaimed SOD nickname. All the draft experts that year said that he would have gone no later then the 2nd round if he was not such a moron. I think he now finds himself in the same position that T.O. is in. Screw up again and you are out of chances. THat should mean... and I emphasise SHOULD... that he could come in and be the man for us next year. At the very least he would be a great back up. Does anyone know have we made a formal decision on him at this point anyways? For some reason I just don't see CHildress bringing him in.

Mark_The_Viking
03-22-2006, 03:21 PM
Does anyone have any idea what the situation with O smith is? What do we want from him and how will he fit in with the West Cost O'

mr.woo
03-22-2006, 03:23 PM
i dont want him hes a dope head.

Prophet
03-22-2006, 03:32 PM
Congratulations! You are officially the 100th person to start this thread topic. Click here (http://www.linuxbench.org/Posting.html) to claim your prize.

tosstomoss
03-22-2006, 03:46 PM
Prophet , That was great, where do you find stuff like that?

Prophet
03-22-2006, 03:51 PM
That's been tossed around on the site for a long time. Kind of says it all. We all do it by accident, but a minimal effort is all that we're asking. It is pretty funny though. Webby should set up the site so anyone that registers is forced to watch that clip before they get their registration information. :).

damien927
03-22-2006, 04:34 PM
That is some funny stuff man, I loved it.

whackthepack
03-22-2006, 05:04 PM
"Mark_The_Viking" wrote:

Does anyone have any idea what the situation with O smith is? What do we want from him and how will he fit in with the West Cost O'

There has been 3 threads on this in the last week. I understand that you are new but if you look around or do a search you will probably find what you are looking for, and save the rest of us from endless threads on the same subject.

Vikes
03-22-2006, 05:08 PM
Prophet that is a great newbie starterkit!!!!!

I'm going to start a new thread the right way thanks!

cajunvike
03-22-2006, 05:15 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

That's been tossed around on the site for a long time. Kind of says it all. We all do it by accident, but a minimal effort is all that we're asking. It is pretty funny though. Webby should set up the site so anyone that registers is forced to watch that clip before they get their registration information. :).

My thoughts exactly!!! It IS true that great minds think alike...although MY mind is just a tad bit GREATER! :lol:

Prophet
03-22-2006, 05:20 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

My thoughts exactly!!! It IS true that great minds think alike...although MY mind is just a tad bit GREATER! :lol:

I already have a picture of your mind. I'm not intimidated.

http://a.wimp.com/p/malebrain.gif

Slade
03-22-2006, 10:49 PM
yeah, i got that link yesterday from Prophet :( My bad....

PurplePride80
03-22-2006, 11:05 PM
I've said it once and I'll say it again, I want him to be our starting running back.(as long as he has his act together)

Benet
03-22-2006, 11:05 PM
That was hilarious! Surely this thread needs to be locked now..

It will be locked soon.. And stop calling me Shirley

vikesoto
03-22-2006, 11:23 PM
He's kicking it with Ricky Williams......

ThaSuperFreak33
03-22-2006, 11:26 PM
Starter.

stjmnsota
03-23-2006, 03:32 AM
"V-Unit" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

A blurb from KFFL

That's the right move. It would be dumb to assume a pothead is going to be ready to play football. However, numbers wise we have really only 3 backs not counting Onterrio. Do you think we still might draft an RB first round?

I think that would be a horrible call. We just have bigger needs right now. LB, S, even OL and QB if you ask me. Besides I am so sick of RB by committee, and drafting Maroney would be a slap in the face to Taylor.

So where is the 4th RB going to come from? Late round draft pick? After draft FA signing?

Of course the best option would be to have BOD (Botch Of Draft) turn over a new leaf and help sail the ship.
I think you draft a back this year if Lendale white falls to us. The only thing I think that would stop that pick is if cutler falls to us. The other great D players will be gobbled up before out pick.

grpape
03-25-2006, 09:36 AM
Does anyone know what he looks like (shape wise). Being out of football for a year, and having muncies = Fonoti!

collegeguyjeff
03-25-2006, 11:34 AM
look at it this way, onterrio is a good back and all and he is supposed to and said he would clean up his act but so did ricky williams and now look at him

RK.
03-25-2006, 11:40 AM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

I thought it meant "Sucking On Doobies" :smile:

singersp
03-25-2006, 01:19 PM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

look at it this way, onterrio is a good back and all and he is supposed to and said he would clean up his act but so did ricky williams and now look at him

I won't judge or form any opinions on Onterio based on what Reefer Ricky did. They're two complete different people.

There were many people on this site who didn't want K-Rob either because he was a drunk. Last year he made the pro-bowl.

As for O.S. Childress stated he would not make any decision on him until after he had a chance to speak with him, which is in May.

"Childress cannot speak to suspended running back Onterrio Smith until May and said he would not make a decision on him until they meet."

Cildress had an audio interview with VU awhile back. This is the gist of that interview from that thread.

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

The interview is 2:00 minutes in lengh..

The interviewer ask Childress if he has had any talks with OS, or if he has given any consideration if he wants to bring OS back to the Vikings.

Childress says that they will have a face to face meeting with OS at some point in the near future. They want to evaluate him and see where he stands. Childress also states that new RB Coach Eric Bienemy will have alot of input on the matter.

Childress states that the ultimate decision will be based on a trust factor. He says that if OS does come back that he will be trusted on to be there for his team, and that his teammates, and coaches are trusting him to be there for the team.

The Interviewer asks Childress what kind of qualities he is looking for in a RB.

Childress states that the RB has to be Multi Dimensional. Childress says what if I say Ladanian Tomlinson?

The Interviewer asks Childress if they can expect the Vikings to try to make a trade for LT.

Childress laughs, and says no, no. He says that he was just giving an example of what kind of RB we will have here in Minnesota. He says that the RB will have to be able to run between the tackles, as well as catch the ball.

He said a Brian Westbrook type of RB. He says that you want a RB that is well rounded. He says other teams can gang up on you if they feel you are 1 Dimensional.

He says that it serves you better to have someone that is multi dimensional so other teams can't prepare for you as well. He then goes on to say that he wants the teams that the Vikings play to be confused, to never know what is coming next. He says if they are successful at that, then great things will happen for the Vikings and our fans..