PDA

View Full Version : Petition to keep the horns

kyleo1967
03-20-2006, 04:41 PM
As you all know the Vikes are gonna change their uniforms' this a petition to keep the horns on the helmet. Don't know if anybody that matters will base their decision on fan petitions, but you never know.

http://www.petitiononline.com/40for60/petition.html

6-KINGS
03-20-2006, 04:43 PM
I hate to be the one to tell you this but, the horns are gone.

ShanePurpleBlood
03-20-2006, 04:45 PM
not many sigs yet, i dont want the horns gone

Del Rio
03-20-2006, 04:51 PM
Online petitions don't work.

NodakPaul
03-20-2006, 04:58 PM
"6-KINGS" wrote:

I haven't heard this yet... do you know something we don't? The horns are a classic, and highly regarded across the league. I doubt Wilf would mess with them...

Turboe
03-20-2006, 05:00 PM
"6-KINGS" wrote:

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Say it aint so?

NodakPaul
03-20-2006, 05:02 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Online petitions don't work.

LOL, and this is why: Signaturre #108:

108. Mike Tice I want my job back.

happy camper
03-20-2006, 05:03 PM
the horns arnt leaving.

that would be a horrible PR move and an easy way to lose fans.

PurplePumpkin
03-20-2006, 05:04 PM
"Turboe" wrote:

"6-KINGS" wrote:

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Say it aint so?

The Horned Vikes helmet has already been voted as the NFL's top ALL-TIME helmet design, you CAN'T change it!

Prophet
03-20-2006, 05:04 PM
Can't imagine the horns being gone. Guess I won't have to if it happens.

snowinapril
03-20-2006, 05:17 PM
"6-KINGS" wrote:

I think he is talking about the Longhorns will be ousted from the NCAA tourney! :grin:

The Horns can't go!!

I also said Moss can't go and that DC can't go, they are gone!!!

snowinapril
03-20-2006, 05:18 PM
"happy camper" wrote:

the horns arnt leaving.

If the fans didn't leave over the Franchise players disappearing, they won't leave over the Horns.

Wilf will do whatever he damn well pleases! AND you will LIKE IT!!!

No HORNS for YOU!!! :roll:

Prophet
03-20-2006, 05:21 PM
Would someone really leave because of a uniform change? I guess that surprises me, even though I know it shouldn't.

Del Rio
03-20-2006, 05:21 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"happy camper" wrote:

the horns arnt leaving.

If the fans didn't leave over the Franchise players disappearing, they won't leave over the Horns.

Wilf will do whatever he gol 'darnit well pleases! AND you will LIKE IT!!!

Franchise players leave all the time. The team has had many players come and go who were bigger names, better production, more talent, more franchise.

Most fans understand that. The horns on the helmets however have been constant.

There is a huge difference.

cajunvike
03-20-2006, 05:41 PM
THEY SO HORNY!!!

snowinapril
03-20-2006, 05:50 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

"happy camper" wrote:

the horns arnt leaving.

Franchise players leave all the time. The team has had many players come and go who were bigger names, better production, more talent, more franchise.

IMO.........

What I said is if you are a fan of the Vikings, then you are a fan of the Vikings.

I have heard you say that too to no end also. Not a fan of players, fan of the team. Well I think the same holds true about not a fan of the uniform, but a fan of the team.

I don't see any difference except for trying to figure out which team is the Vikings on the field.

I did see one similarity and that is the feeling of betrayal of your loyalty to a player or the uniform. But people should get over that, and take one for the team.

Mr. Purple
03-20-2006, 05:58 PM
The Horns arnt going anywhere. Just new Uni's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy camper
03-20-2006, 05:58 PM
i would seriously attend a gathered protest if they took away the horns.

Del Rio
03-20-2006, 06:00 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

"happy camper" wrote:

the horns arnt leaving.

IMO.........

What I said is if you are a fan of the Vikings, then you are a fan of the Vikings.

I have heard you say that too to no end also. Not a fan of players, fan of the team. Well I think the same holds true about not a fan of the uniform, but a fan of the team.

I don't see any difference except for trying to figure out which team is the Vikings on the field.

I did see one similarity and that is the feeling of betrayal of your loyalty to a player or the uniform. But people should get over that, and take one for the team.

Sure then extend your theory to if the Vikings moved out of Minnesota. By your theory fans of the team would follow them..............

But wait why won't many fans follow? Because all they would be following are the interchangable parts of the team.

I don't buy it. People are interchangable, players weather you feel they are "franchise" or not are interchangable, coaches, owners, all pawns to the team.

But changing something that is an icon to the team, something that has been here from the begining could leave just as bad a taste in people's mouth as anything.

Players leaving is just a change to those fans who watched them. Changing the helmet is making a change that sweeps across the entire fan base, over many generations, because it has been constant. You think my grandpa gives a shit about Culpepper? When he has watched Fran, when he has rooted on Tommy? He could give a rats ass about Culpepper. If they change the location, if they change the look that he grew up loving I think it would hit him hard.

This change effects more people then just some supposed franchise player that not every fan even liked. This change effects EVERYONE.

snowinapril
03-20-2006, 06:03 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

"happy camper" wrote:

the horns arnt leaving.

IMO.........

Sure then extend your theory to if the Vikings moved out of Minnesota. By your theory fans of the team would follow them..............

But wait why won't many fans follow? Because all they would be following are the interchangable parts of the team.

I don't buy it. People are interchangable, players weather you feel they are "franchise" or not are interchangable, coaches, owners, all pawns to the team.

But changing something that is an icon to the team, something that has been here from the begining could leave just as bad a taste in people's mouth as anything.

Players leaving is just a change to those fans who watched them. Changing the helmet is making a change that sweeps across the entire fan base, over many generations, because it has been constant. You think my grandpa gives a pooh about Culpepper? When he has watched Fran, when he has rooted on Tommy? He could give a rats jiggly butt about Culpepper. If they change the location, if they change the look that he grew up loving I think it would hit him hard.

This change effects more people then just some supposed franchise player that not every fan even liked. This change effects EVERYONE.

DENVER must have better fans than the Vikings I guess!

snowinapril
03-20-2006, 06:05 PM
I am not advocating anyone leaving the Purple Following.

I am not advocating that we change the horns.

All I said is you will have to like it if it changes, or leave! Your (plural) choice?

Prophet
03-20-2006, 06:10 PM
I agree with the franchise moving, they may no longer be my team. If the franchise leaves the state my loyalty to the team would drop exponentially. The North Stars were my favorite team growing up and I haven't watched them play once since they moved to Dallas.

I don't agree with the uniforms changing being that big of a deal. I don't agree with it, but oh well. I like the horns and always have during my decades as a fan. Would I be disappointed if they changed the horns? Yes. Would I be any less of a fan? No.

I could give a rip about a franchise player leaving, it happens. Especially if they wanted to leave.

Del Rio
03-20-2006, 06:13 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

All I said is you will have to like it if it changes, or leave! Your (plural) choice?

I never said you were advocating anything.

You associated the changing of something that has represented the team since it's birth to a few player leaving, a few players that many people could give a shit about.

Granted some may hate the uniforms and if this forum is any indication it is the younger fan base that wants change. If they do change I imagine it would effect the older fans more, then if a few players get chopped.

In fact you said: "If the fans didn't leave over the Franchise players disappearing, they won't leave over the Horns."

All I said is that may not be true.

snowinapril
03-20-2006, 06:14 PM
I don't think we get rid of the horns altogether but it could be reworked.

I understand your point about the Horns being an icon, but so is the Viking Logo. Maybe they are interchangable.

http://i.theuseful.com/g/Denver%20Broncos%20NFL%20Riddell%20Replica%20Football%20Helmet.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9e/DenverBroncosOld.png

Broncos mascot is the Bronco, they revamped it.

Our logo is the Viking Logo and the Horns. We also adopted the MV as a recent logo displayed on the 50 yard line.

PurplePumpkin
03-20-2006, 06:17 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

I since the dark side in you young padawan(just kidding) :grin:

Del Rio
03-20-2006, 06:20 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

I don't think we get rid of the horns altogether but it could be reworked.

I understand your point about the Horns being an icon, but so is the Viking Logo. Maybe they are interchangable.

http://www.scorehere.com/products/view-single/index.asp?item_id=095855976174
http://www.scorehere.com/products/view-single/index.asp?item_id=095855979045
http://www.scorehere.com/products/view-single/index.asp?item_id=095855590103

Broncos mascot is the Bronco, they revamped it.

Our logo is the Viking Logo and the Horns. We also adopted the MV as a recent logo displayed on the 50 yard line.

Maybe they are. All I know is I think the change of a uniform would effect more people then the change of a player.

I like the horns. I would still be a fan if they left. I think this team needs to get back to old school football at least in spirit. I don't see how changing to new state of the art attire will do that.

If they do change it, you can trust it won't be for the fans. It will be for the pocketbook. I wouldn't even be shocked if they changed the colors. Matching yellow and purple hats to clothes is not easy.

The only reason these changes are made are for cash.

Mr. Purple
03-20-2006, 06:23 PM
They are going to touch up the logo,it was stated sometime last year. So if that means the logo or the horns on the helmet idk. I'm thinkin the Horns.

Prophet
03-20-2006, 06:23 PM
This whole discussion is why my favorite helmet is the Browns. I equate it to a musical group that has all the special effects and their music is shit. Play well and you don't need the glitter. Take the attention off the uniforms and play solid football (that doesn't work in the Browns' case, but I like the theory).

Del, there is no doubt it's about the money. I think that goes without saying. The sooner we admit that we are drones in the process the better off we are. It's sad, because without fans the NFL is nothing.

Wiggles67
03-20-2006, 06:24 PM
I think we'd have to send Ned after Wilf to get a boot up his silliness if the FO decides to get rid of the Horns...

Maybe the horns are the ones that organized the boat party and thats why they are getting ousted

Prophet
03-20-2006, 06:26 PM
Agree. It may be a job for the PP.O mafia.

COJOMAY
03-20-2006, 06:26 PM
I read this on another chat fourm...

THE HORNS ARE GONE!

A buddy of mine who works for Reebok called me and said that he got to get a sneak preview of the 3 possiblities for the new Viking jerseys. He said two of the jerseys have a darker color to them, and one is more of a lighter shade similiar to what you might see on some of the Viking flashback jerseys.

The biggest news however is that on all three choices, the HORNS ARE GONE. He said one had a whole new Viking logo. Another had a modification of the Viking head we see on the sleeve currently, and on the other, it's has a symbolic capital V.

He said the people there are all very excited. They were also encouraged to get away from the horns since many have referenced "the smiley sperm" as a reason to get away from it and promote a more family like logo, especially after the boat cruise.

snowinapril
03-20-2006, 06:28 PM
"PurplePumpkin" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

I since the dark side in you young padawan(just kidding) :grin:

I have been a little dark lately. My glass has been half empty for a while now. Honesty is always the best policy. :cool:

I realize that the Horns have a special place in Viking Fan hearts everywhere. There are other possibilities that we identify with.

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/Football/NFL/MIN_4626.gif

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/teams/primaries/4624.gif

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/teams/primaries/885.gif

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/Football/NFL/MIN_4627.gif

snowinapril
03-20-2006, 06:30 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

He said the people there are all very excited. They were also encouraged to get away from the horns since many have referenced "the smiley sperm" as a reason to get away from it and promote a more family like logo, especially after the boat cruise.

LMAO!!

Guess who will be blamed for this!!

Prophet
03-20-2006, 06:31 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

I read this on another chat fourm...

THE HORNS ARE GONE!

A buddy of mine who works for Reebok called me and said that he got to get a sneak preview of the 3 possiblities for the new Viking jerseys. He said two of the jerseys have a darker color to them, and one is more of a lighter shade similiar to what you might see on some of the Viking flashback jerseys.

The biggest news however is that on all three choices, the HORNS ARE GONE. He said one had a whole new Viking logo. Another had a modification of the Viking head we see on the sleeve currently, and on the other, it's has a symbolic capital V.

lmao, so that's the angle? I guess I don't see a correlation between a big V or Vikings head and a more family-friendly atmosphere. If they win all will be good. If they lose it may be too much for some to handle.

Del Rio
03-20-2006, 06:33 PM
"Smiley Sperm" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course they are excited they can sell 3X more merchandise now. I don't buy Vikings merchandise, so I don't contribute to the droneage. Now that I am enlightened to the Smiley Sperm theory though, I may have to go buy me one before they are replaced :lol:

UndisputedVike
03-20-2006, 06:34 PM
ROFL...

snowinapril
03-20-2006, 06:35 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

This whole discussion is why my favorite helmet is the Browns. I equate it to a musical group that has all the special effects and their music is pooh. Play well and you don't need the glitter. Take the attention off the uniforms and play solid football (that doesn't work in the Browns' case, but I like the theory).

Del, there is no doubt it's about the money. I think that goes without saying. The sooner we admit that we are drones in the process the better off we are. It's sad, because without fans the NFL is nothing.

Del and Prophet, that is what I was getting to, I was on the track of the drones, but the money had escaped me.

BTW Prophet, I love the Browns helmet.

Wiggles67
oops mistake post

Benet
Damn it.

Bloody hell.

Bastards.

While I can understand the desire for change, new ownership stamping their mark on the franchise an' all that, the horns on the helmet are iconic. It's classy, understated, and looks quality.

However, I am ready to hold back and wait and see on the new designs. The old Dirty Birds Falcons design blows compared to the new ones, the old Colts logo blows, so does the new one mind you, and the new Broncos one looks better than their older one.

So I'm hoping the new/updated logo looks cool.

whackthepack
03-20-2006, 06:38 PM
MY doctor's brother's butcher's best friend told him the the new helmets look like.

Everything is just speculation at this time, until somebody has seen the new unis them-selves I am taking the wait and see approach!

I want the horns to remain, but 10 years ago if I was voting I would have said I wanted the Viking head on the side of the helmets. Things and opinions change!

When they release them we will know what they look like, at that time we will have people that like them, and we will have people that hate them! But they will be with us for 5 years as the NFL only allows teams to change their uni's every 5 years.

TMAC604
03-20-2006, 06:41 PM
The horns and logo shouldn't be messed with at all. They are the best in the league and i will be very dissapointed if they change it.

I'd like to see something like the cardinals new uniforms. Leave the helmet alone and just change the style.

UndisputedVike
03-20-2006, 06:43 PM
Amen to that, wasn't there a post around here about our Helmets being the favorite of all helmets in the NFL?

DCPologirl
03-20-2006, 06:44 PM
wow....what is happening? I don't want a new color to the uniforms or a new helmet. I love the color our uniforms are. I don't care what they do with the pants or if they jazz them up a little but dang! Tradition matters to me. :cry:

Mr. Purple
03-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Ya I dont buy into the whole I have this buddy thing. Not saying your not telling the truth, but I beleive stuff when I see it now.

snowinapril
03-20-2006, 06:50 PM
These seemed to be the most drastic.

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/teams/primaries/1041.gif

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/teams/primaries/1044.gif

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/teams/primaries/1064.gif
I really like the spear, simple.

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/teams/primaries/1059.gif

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/teams/primaries/1063.gif

For those interested in seeing other teams..........

http://www.sportslogos.net/league.php?l=7

6-KINGS
03-20-2006, 06:53 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"6-KINGS" wrote:

I haven't heard this yet... do you know something we don't? The horns are a classic, and highly regarded across the league. I doubt Wilf would mess with them...

Could be that I just know.

nuff said.

:cool:

PurplePumpkin
03-20-2006, 07:11 PM
Horns are gone?
This off season is going to give me an ulser :crybaby:

I dont know if I can take it .....

Moss
Tice
Daunte
BUT the HORNS??? IT can be.....I feel sick :pukeright:

ultravikingfan
03-20-2006, 07:11 PM
Maybe Caine can write a letter like the one he did to Randy Moss?

"Caine" wrote:

"Dear Randy.

You're really cool, and I like you a lot. Do you like me? (Check one)

___ YES I like you
___ NO, you suck

My Mom says you're sorta cool too, but you shouldn't have mooned the Packers. I thought your butt looked good.

I'd really like you to stay with the Vikings. I already have a lot of your stuff...like cards and jerseys and stuff, but the price will drop if you aren't a Viking anymore.

Plus, you look really cool in the uniform.

If you are thinking of leaving, just remember that if you do, I will hate you forever...and so will all (3) of the people whose names I attached to this letter.

Love,

John Smith

PS: Don't you think this Power Rangers staionary is cool? I got it for a buck."

snowinapril
03-20-2006, 07:15 PM
What if the new logo on the helmet was a big Thor looking dude wielding a Huge Hammer, crushing a Green Bay helmet.

OK, leave out the GB helmet

I like simple and the Thor idea wouldn't be simple.

But, I am open for change. If it happens, there is nothing we can do about it.

Roll with the punches. Spend your money 'cause you feel like a dweeb wearing the old gear in public. I say where the old gear and feel prowd.

Muggsy
03-20-2006, 07:16 PM
snowinapril wrote:

Youse left out a thoid choice, snow, y'know? Dat one is youse let da bums know youse don't like what dey did, in spades, y'know? Give 'em hell till they changes their mind and changes tings back to what da fans want, y'know?

Youse can talk about how da uniforms don't mean nuttin', but dey do! A uniform is a fans' image of what their team looks like, y'know? Dey got da players names on 'em, sure. Once upon a time, dey didn't even have dat, just numbers, y'know? But, dey don't have their pictures on da sides of their helmets. They got designs, images of what their team is, not da individual. It's da team!

But, den again, I guess everybody's got dere own ideas about what's more important, y'know? Like what's bedda, knockin' off a bank or a jewelry shop, y'know?

I would be upset if dey go overboard and change da uniform and helmets entirely. I'm old school, and I like it da way it is now, y'know? A little change to da uniform, poiple pants wit' white joiseys, hah, dat's ok wit me. But, I just hopes dey don't go crazy wit' da changes, y'know? I tinks dey won't.

snowinapril
03-20-2006, 07:21 PM
"OldManVike" wrote:

snowinapril wrote:

Youse left out a thoid choice, snow, y'know? Dat one is youse let da bums know youse don't like what dey did, in spades, y'know? Give 'em hell till they changes their mind and changes tings back to what da fans want, y'know?

Youse can talk about how da uniforms don't mean nuttin', but dey do! A uniform is a fans' image of what their team looks like, y'know? Dey got da players names on 'em, sure. Once upon a time, dey didn't even have dat, just numbers, y'know? But, dey don't have their pictures on da sides of their helmets. They got designs, images of what their team is, not da individual. It's da team!

But, den again, I guess everybody's got dere own ideas about what's more important, y'know? Like what's bedda, knockin' off a bank or a jewelry shop, y'know?

I would be upset if dey go overboard and change da uniform and helmets entirely. I'm old school, and I like it da way it is now, y'know? A little change to da uniform, poiple pants wit' white joiseys, hah, dat's ok wit me. But, I just hopes dey don't go crazy wit' da changes, y'know? I tinks dey won't.

I am convinced youse aints tell'n WILF nuttin'. He has his agendas and he is sticking to them. I wouldn't be surprised if this was in the works as soon as he bought the team. This is no after thought. Yell, scream kick, it won't happen. It takes a lot for the mild mannered Scandinavians to get in an uproar. By the time that happens, next season will be over with. Wilf moves a lot faster than that.

snowinapril
03-20-2006, 07:23 PM
"PurplePumpkin" wrote:

Horns are gone?

Moss
Tice
Daunte

You should feel happy, I think they are going to use your avatar as our new logo. :grin:

http://www.purplepride.org/uploads/avatars/6859_16200440c74f5dabe4.jpg

MrGopher16
03-20-2006, 07:24 PM
I think I would be upset to see the horns go. I've always loved 'em and everybody knows when they see that symbol that it stands for the Minnesota Vikings. I know online petitions are basically a waste of a few seconds of your life but i wasted them, so I can say I tried to keep them here!

Vikes
03-20-2006, 07:36 PM
Wow Ziggy is really making his mark on the team. I wonder what the new helmet would look like without horns?

ultravikingfan
03-20-2006, 07:36 PM
"Vikes" wrote:

Wow Ziggy is really making his makr on the team. I wonder what the helmet would look like without horns?

Plain purple. Duh!

:lol:

Vikes
03-20-2006, 07:38 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Vikes" wrote:

Wow Ziggy is really making his makr on the team. I wonder what the helmet would look like without horns?

Plain purple. Duh!

Good one....How about PP on the side?

ultravikingfan
03-20-2006, 07:39 PM
"Vikes" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Vikes" wrote:

Plain purple. Duh!

Good one....How about PP on the side?

PP!

Thats sick!

Why don't they put "crank" or "captain winky" on it then?

DarrinNelsonguy
03-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Maybe we will go with just the players number on the helmet like Alabama does in college football.

Muggsy
03-20-2006, 07:43 PM
snowinapril wrote:

I am convinced youse aints tell'n WILF nuttin'. He has his agendas and he is sticking to them. I wouldn't be surprised if this was in the works as soon as he bought the team. This is no after thought. Yell, scream kick, it won't happen. It takes a lot for the mild mannered Scandinavians to get in an uproar. By the time that happens, next season will be over with. Wilf moves a lot faster than that.

Well, hey! I guess dat's dat! Snowinapril knows everyting dere is about Wilfly! Can't tell snow nuttin', cause snow knows it all!

Well, snow, youse smart-alek, mebbe youse does know more bout dis than anyone here, and mebbe what I'm sayin' don't mean nuttin', like youse say. But, at least I ain't no wet blanket like youse is, y'know?

Mebbe nuttin' we do will change Wilfy's mind about sumpin' we don't like, y'know? But, da fans are da ones he depends on for his cash, y'know? And if he gets hit in da pocketbook hard enough, or he thinks he might, mebbe he would change his mind, y'know?

At least, we would be tryin', instead of sittin' on da sidelines takin' potshots at those who are doin' what dey tink is right.

V-Unit
03-20-2006, 07:46 PM
You know I'm down with the new jerseys, but losing the horn definetly would suck. When you look at past teams who have unvelied new jerseys, some teams, like the Eagles, Falcons, Cardinals, Seahawks, and 49ers just "updated" their logo. Other teams like the Patriots, Giants, and Broncos totally scratched the old design. I'm hoping we do what the Eagles did and realize the Horns are special, similar to their wings, but cooler.

Any helmet without horns is going to take a lot of heat. I don't think its a smart move.

V-Unit
03-20-2006, 07:48 PM
"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

Maybe we will go with just the players number on the helmet like Alabama does in college football.

Or even better, lets copy the Steelers and put the horn only on the left side of the helmet!

happy camper
03-20-2006, 07:53 PM
the V would just stand for vagina.

now THATS family entertainment!

Mr-holland
03-20-2006, 08:16 PM
What about real Horns? :D

DCPologirl
03-20-2006, 08:29 PM
"PurplePumpkin" wrote:

Horns are gone?

Moss
Tice
Daunte

I'm right behind you brother.....I have felt sick most of the offseason lol

Prophet
03-20-2006, 08:32 PM
"Mr-holland" wrote:

The ball boy said the new helmets look something like this:

http://www.americanweapons.us/images/BH52.jpg

DCPologirl
03-20-2006, 08:35 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"Mr-holland" wrote:

The ball boy said the new helmets look something like this:

http://www.americanweapons.us/images/BH52.jpg

Um I think we could actually win the superbowl with horns like that...leaving all other players bleeding on the field lol

snowinapril
03-20-2006, 08:36 PM
"OldManVike" wrote:

snowinapril wrote:

Well, hey! I guess dat's dat! Snowinapril knows everyting dere is about Wilfly! Can't tell snow nuttin', cause snow knows it all!

Well, snow, youse smart-alek, mebbe youse does know more bout dis than anyone here, and mebbe what I'm sayin' don't mean nuttin', like youse say. But, at least I ain't no wet blanket like youse is, y'know?

Mebbe nuttin' we do will change Wilfy's mind about sumpin' we don't like, y'know? But, da fans are da ones he depends on for his cash, y'know? And if he gets hit in da pocketbook hard enough, or he thinks he might, mebbe he would change his mind, y'know?

At least, we would be tryin', instead of sittin' on da sidelines takin' potshots at those who are doin' what dey tink is right.

Why the attack?

Also, the revenue sharing, makes it almost impossible to hit him hard in the pocket book.

As far as WILF, I thought this was deemed on this board as one of his admirable traits that made him such a great owner, vision and fortititude. Maybe change is just part of it.

Prophet
03-20-2006, 08:39 PM
I wonder....if Al Gore would have invented the Internet a few decades earlier if there would have been an uproar when they changed the helmets. I kind of liked the helmets of old.

http://www.footballamerica.com/images/V_JUMBO2.JPG

mystykoekaki
03-20-2006, 11:36 PM
Get rid of those stupid a$$ horns, I aint signing $h|t ......its a time for a change! This petition is a fuggin joke.

VikingsTw
03-20-2006, 11:39 PM
"mystykoekaki" wrote:

Get rid of those stupid a$$ horns, I aint signing $h|t ......its a time for a change! This petition is a fuggin joke.

Your an I D I O T.

cc21
03-20-2006, 11:40 PM
I really want us to keep the horns. Only 194 signatures though.

SheyD11285
03-20-2006, 11:43 PM
195 baby! We have to keep the horns they are awesome!

mystykoekaki
03-20-2006, 11:45 PM
And plus it isnt like anybody actually sees these online petitions...wasting your time.

Mr-holland
03-20-2006, 11:48 PM
"mystykoekaki" wrote:

And plus it isnt like anybody actually sees these online petitions...wasting your time.
I'm waisting my time with even writing this post.
The horns are ours, we don't have the best helmets of the year for nothing.

GoVikes11
03-21-2006, 12:00 AM
YES I AM 201! hehe Canadian Chris yay! Keep them please

MrGopher16
03-21-2006, 12:09 AM
"mystykoekaki" wrote:

I see it, and it's enough for me to pass the word along to my friends and also enough for me to see that I'm not alone in wanting to keep the logo I've grown up with and love.

vikesoto
03-21-2006, 12:11 AM
I really hate the thought of a Minnesota Vikings helmet without the horns, but in a day when $$$ has alot to do with sports, it's more than likely a change will be made. Look at the Vikings marketing teams point of view..."we change the helmet and most fans will run out and buy it.What fan wouldn't want Brad Johnson to sign the 'NEW' helmet".... I don't agree with a change, I think most want the helmet to stay the same. We'll all know for sure come Draft day. Most teams unveil uniform changes on that day, like Arizona did last year. Let's just keep our fingers crossed. Not just that they don't change the helmet, but that they don't unveil some XFL....LSU...TCU....ridiculous uniform.That's why I personally respect teams like the Cheifs, Colts,Raiders,Browns,and even...the Bears.... for NOT drastically changing their uniforms. People say teams tend to win a Super Bowl after a uniform change,like Denver,New England, and Tampa Bay. But that's not always true. Just ask Arizona, Detroit,Atlanta, Philadelphia, and Buffalo.

PurplePumpkin
03-21-2006, 12:12 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"PurplePumpkin" wrote:

Horns are gone?

Moss
Tice
Daunte

You should feel happy, I think they are going to use your avatar as our new logo. :smile:

http://www.purplepride.org/uploads/avatars/6859_16200440c74f5dabe4.jpg

Ahhhh...shucks...

Thanks Snow! You sure know how to make a sponge fell betterhttp://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h5/Hornedsponge/woopsbob2.gif

Goose
03-21-2006, 03:03 AM
I wonder if we will have two different helmets, kind of like the Redskins….

SharperVikings
03-21-2006, 03:09 AM
"6-KINGS" wrote:

What do you think will replace the horns?

PurplePeopleEaters89
03-21-2006, 03:11 AM
i signed it but i think having the viking on the helm would be cool too!!!

vikingsreview
03-21-2006, 04:09 AM
What the hell? I take the time to write a decent post on why one should participate in processes like the petition, and it gets deleted by the admin?

Toro
03-21-2006, 04:10 AM
That would flat out suck.

Keep the horns!

LuckyVike
03-21-2006, 04:22 AM
I signed it...

If it only mattered. :???:

YogidAbEAR
03-21-2006, 04:33 AM
to prove my seriousness for the cause i signed it with MY REAL NAME!!!!

i ussually use mayor mcCheese, Phil MaCrakin, George Lucas, or Heywood Jablomy

ultravikingfan
03-21-2006, 10:54 PM
"vikingsreview" wrote:

What the hell? I take the time to write a decent post on why one should participate in processes like the petition, and it gets deleted by the admin?

Gee, thank you for the lovely PM.

"vikingsreview" wrote:

I take the time to write a post that far exceeds 99% of posts already on this topic, and you guys delete it? I write an intelligent post on why one should participate in processes like a petition and relate it to voting, and for some gol 'darnit reason you find offense to this?

Go to Hell,

Vikings Review

I guess 99% of us here are idiots according to you?

Read the sites rules...NO SPAMMING!

Have a nice day.

shawn9876uss
03-21-2006, 11:04 PM
I highly doubt that the horns are gone, I don't think it will be drastic like the bucs or new england.

Del Rio
03-21-2006, 11:05 PM
What the hell did he post?

Something that was trying to convince us that online petitions work or what?

ultravikingfan
03-21-2006, 11:07 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

What the hell did he post?

Something that was trying to convince us that online petitions work or what?

He's got the petition :roll: on his blog/Vikings site and he was in a round about way trying to promote his site.

So, I delete it. Then he sends me that PM (above) saying 99% of our posts are idiotic.

Gee, we should go to his blog. I think the "Hit Counter" is at 11 right now.

Caine
03-22-2006, 12:37 AM
I like the horns. I've ALWAYS liked the horns. In the NFCN, only Minnesota and Detroit have even remotely cool helmets (Who wants a stupid "C" or an idiotic "G" on their helmet?), and Minnesota's is by far the coolest.

Always has been.

And now, the rumor is, that they are doing away with it?!?!?!?

Someone get me Zygi's mailing address!!!!

There are some things you change. Stadium deal, roster, coaching staff, management team.

There are some things you change...carefully...like the UNiform and logo.

There are some things you simply DO NOT SCREW WITH...like the Horns!!!!

If Zygi goes through with this - regardless of whatever stupid reason they create to justify it (Like the "Smiley sperm" crack...only a Packer Fan would actually say something that stupid in the REAL world - no offense intended to whomever originally posted it here) - it would simply be another petty example of Wilf making it HIS team instead of OUR team.

And, about online petitions, so what if they don't work. At least someone is out there making a gesture. It isn't like we can all go and parade around Winter Park with signs reading, "Hey....Zygi....Leave those horns alone" (nod to Pink Floyd).

Those horns are a representation of POWER. They look INTIMIDATING. What are they going to replace it with? Zygis face on the helmet with dollar signs underneath?

The Norse Head - our accepted team logo - is great for the Uniforms themselves, and the field, and whatever paraphenallia they want us to buy...but the horns are CLASSIC.

Like I said, there are some things you simply don't change. And if your "NEW" owner is a former Giants fan, and has owned the team for only ONE FRIGGIN YEAR, perhaps he should step back and realize that most of us have logged more hours watching the Vikes on TV, than he has logged in Winter Park. He may OWN the team, but with all the time I - and most of you - have invested in it, we feel like it's OUR team too. An arbitrary change like this...well....that;s just a slap in the face.

Caine

PS: And if anyone has Zygi's mailing address, I'd GLADLY write a letter to exactly that effect.

audioghost
03-22-2006, 12:46 AM
OK, SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!

The Vikes are designing new jerseys, not new helmets....

I doubt the helmets will change
People don't buy 'throwback helmets', they buy 'throwback jerseys', and I believe that this fact combined with the Vikes wanting to change their image after the 'Al and Alma's' debacle will have them changing their jerseys, but the helmets wont change....

And if they do, the horn will look more sleek or something, so chill

And if so, some stupid petition isn't going to change that....

Its amazing, the Vikings get new jerseys and people FREAK OUT about it....how about you same people who are freaking out start a REAL PETITION for something that actually matters, like the new stadium proposal....! Dangit!

And if I lived in Minnesota, I would...so don't say "Why don't you, big shot!" Cuz I friggin can't A-hole!

Moral: Who cares, the helmets are probably not gonna get changed

mr.woo
03-22-2006, 12:55 AM
but if they are everyone who thought what you think will lok like a dum a$$ for not signing.

LuckyVike
03-22-2006, 01:02 AM
"audioghost" wrote:

OK, SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!

The Vikes are designing new jerseys, not new helmets....

I doubt the helmets will change
People don't buy 'throwback helmets', they buy 'throwback jerseys', and I believe that this fact combined with the Vikes wanting to change their image after the 'Al and Alma's' debacle will have them changing their jerseys, but the helmets wont change....

And if they do, the horn will look more sleek or something, so chill

And if so, some stupid petition isn't going to change that....

Its amazing, the Vikings get new jerseys and people FREAK OUT about it....how about you same people who are freaking out start a REAL PETITION for something that actually matters, like the new stadium proposal....! Dangit!

And if I lived in Minnesota, I would...so don't say "Why don't you, big shot!" Cuz I friggin can't A-hole!

Moral: Who cares, the helmets are probably not gonna get changed

*Punches Audio in the face*

SHUT UP! :lol:

Ah, I hope you're right...

VikesfaninWis
03-22-2006, 01:23 AM
Any Viking fan that would turn their back on our Vikes because of a change in uniforms is not a real fan to begin with. Tampa Bay, and Denver have both done it, and have had great success after doing it. I don't see what the big deal is about it. Sure we all love the Horns on the helmets, but if Wilf changes it, there is nothing that myself, you, or the next guy can do about it.

I see this as Wilf putting his own touches on HIS team. There is nothing wrong about change. So if we were to change the logo on the helmets, and go on to win the Superbowl, would everyone have a problem with it? The way I see it, they are still going to be called the Minnesota Vikings, this is just Wilf's way of saying this is my team now, and I am changing the face of this orginization for the better. True fans will back him on this, I am a true fan, are you?

singersp
03-22-2006, 02:05 AM
"6-KINGS" wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/Packerfan.jpg

V-Unit
03-22-2006, 02:53 AM
Look at the Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Same idea for a helmet, but wings instead of horns.
Did they take the wings off??? No,they just made them look cooler.
Have faith.

cajunvike
03-22-2006, 02:59 AM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

Any Viking fan that would turn their back on our Vikes because of a change in uniforms is not a real fan to begin with. Tampa Bay, and Denver have both done it, and have had great success after doing it. I don't see what the big deal is about it. Sure we all love the Horns on the helmets, but if Wilf changes it, there is nothing that myself, you, or the next guy can do about it.

I see this as Wilf putting his own touches on HIS team. There is nothing wrong about change. So if we were to change the logo on the helmets, and go on to win the Superbowl, would everyone have a problem with it? The way I see it, they are still going to be called the Minnesota Vikings, this is just Wilf's way of saying this is my team now, and I am changing the face of this orginization for the better. True fans will back him on this, I am a true fan, are you?

I still think that they shouldn't change the uniforms UNTIL we win a Super Bowl...the Rams didn't do it until they did!

I wanna see at least ONE Super Bowl won with the original unis!!!

And NO, I will NEVER give up on the team...no matter what...BUT that being said...DON'T mess with the horns!!!

Lungshot
03-22-2006, 03:29 AM
It's all about the Horns, baby! :lol:

ncviking
03-22-2006, 03:31 AM
The Vikings of antiquity wore helmets, and on those helmets were horns. It would be nuts to get rid of them - they are classic and probably the only helmet in the league that makes good sense.

I really hope they keep them. I loved drawing that horned helmet when I was kid on my school folders.

SKOL

Webby
03-22-2006, 03:32 AM
THREAD HIJACKING posts removed. Take it offline, now! Back to the discussion on the horns:

snowinapril
03-22-2006, 03:34 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

These seemed to be the most drastic.

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/teams/primaries/1041.gif

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/teams/primaries/1044.gif

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/teams/primaries/1064.gif
I really like the spear, simple.

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/teams/primaries/1059.gif

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/teams/primaries/1063.gif

For those interested in seeing other teams..........

http://www.sportslogos.net/league.php?l=7

Just cause the Horns might be gone as we know it, doesn't mean that they can't be smaller and part of the theme.

These logos above changed.

Bucs kept the sword
Skins kept the feather
Broncos just changed the horses appearance and lost the D.

It won't be that bad!

snowinapril
03-22-2006, 03:37 AM
"ncviking" wrote:

The Vikings of antiquity wore helmets, and on those helmets were horns. It would be nuts to get rid of them - they are classic and probably the only helmet in the league that makes good sense.

I really hope they keep them. I loved drawing that horned helmet when I was kid on my school folders.

SKOL

I thought that it was actually a myth that the Vikings wore horns. I can't remember where the horns came into play, but I do remember some historians saying that the Vikings did not have horns on their heads.

ncviking
03-22-2006, 03:45 AM
I lived in Denver when they changed the Broncos helmet and uniform and for the most part, fans thought it was great, except for the demphasis on the orange (orange crush). They all recognized that the flying old Bronco D was a 60's relic and hideous.

The horn is different.

Potus2028
03-22-2006, 03:49 AM
I think we're getting worked up over nothing.. The horns will still be there, it's the best helmet in football, hands down.

ncviking
03-22-2006, 03:53 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"ncviking" wrote:

SKOL

I thought that it was actually a myth that the Vikings wore horns. I can't remember where the horns came into play, but I do remember some historians saying that the Vikings did not have horns on their heads.

Check this out...
www.yorkshirecoast.co.uk/scarb/history/viking.htm

http://www.hetmanmilitaria.com/products/vikings/vikings-helmet-prev.jpg

BBQ Platypus
03-22-2006, 04:00 AM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

wow....what is happening? I don't want a new color to the uniforms or a new helmet. I love the color our uniforms are. I don't care what they do with the pants or if they jazz them up a little but dang! Tradition matters to me. :cry:

True that! I don't think that there's anything wrong with our uniforms right now! Any changes would be unnecessary, and any change in the helmet would be idiotic and ill-advised (even a "modernizing" of the horns, which would end up making them look stupid).

I don't buy the "smiley sperm" argument either. If anything, a helmet change would lead to LESS merchandising money due to a less appealing helmet.

kyleo1967
03-22-2006, 04:07 AM
Unfortunately this is the business side of the NFL. if they change the uniforms we will all have to go out and purchase new jerseys, hats, etc.
Cha-Ching

jaymz7
03-22-2006, 04:30 AM
"kyleo1967" wrote:

Unfortunately this is the business side of the NFL. if they change the uniforms we will all have to go out and purchase new jerseys, hats, etc.
Cha-Ching

You are correct. I hope they don't get rid of the horns, but if they do there are things you can do. Don't buy the new stuff.

Just remember some poeple thought they had a great idea by releasing new coke. Hardly anybody bought it and they realized they messed up and got rid of it and brought back the old coke.

ChezPizmo
03-22-2006, 04:32 AM
'592 Signatures Total'

We're making progress!

viking1971
03-22-2006, 04:46 AM
Check out the Viking website the V is all over the place. Looks like they may be trying to say something

Lotza
03-22-2006, 04:47 AM
"viking1971" wrote:

Check out the Viking website the V is all over the place. Looks like they may be trying to say somethingwelcome!

singersp
03-22-2006, 04:49 AM
"jaymz7" wrote:

"kyleo1967" wrote:

Cha-Ching

You are correct. I hope they don't get rid of the horns, but if they do there are things you can do. Don't buy the new stuff.

Just remember some poeple thought they had a great idea by releasing new coke. Hardly anybody bought it and they realized they messed up and got rid of it and brought back the old coke.

Yes, but once they change the helmets, they can't be changed back for 5 years.

BBQ Platypus
03-22-2006, 04:57 AM
Burt Reynolds - "Those horns are an american icon, much like Lonnie Anderson." :lol:

snowinapril
03-22-2006, 05:00 AM
"ncviking" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

"ncviking" wrote:

SKOL

Check this out...
www.yorkshirecoast.co.uk/scarb/history/viking.htm

http://www.hetmanmilitaria.com/products/vikings/vikings-helmet-prev.jpg

Try this one. No seriously, the scandinavian countries say that the Vikings didn't wear horns. This website may be bunk, I found it on google.
http://www.vikingage.com/vac/horns.html

snowinapril
03-22-2006, 05:04 AM
here is another site, this one is more interesting. It talks about beserk being a Norwegian word........you better know what it means before you go use the "beserker yell."

Interesting stuff, pleasae read for your enjoyment!

http://www.vikingland.com/justforfun/viking_facts/index.cfm

All these questions will be answered here.

Did vikings have horns on their helmets?
What does the word viking mean?
Did you know that the word berserk comes from the viking era?
What was it like to be a viking woman?
Did you know that some of our days of the week come from viking gods?
Do we use any viking words today?
Does anyone speak "viking" any more?
How far did the vikings travel?
Where did vikings make settlements?
What did vikings use for drinking cups?
Did vikings ice skate?
Did you know that vikings had the first European child born in America?
Did you know that vikings had the first democratic society in the world? (not a TOA)

Lotza
03-22-2006, 05:04 AM
"viking1971" wrote:

Check out the Viking website the V is all over the place. Looks like they may be trying to say something

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3202/vhelmet8rx.gif

:pukeright:

jaymz7
03-22-2006, 05:26 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"jaymz7" wrote:

"kyleo1967" wrote:

Cha-Ching

Yes, but once they change the helmets, they can't be changed back for 5 years.

Good point Singer. I didn't know the rule on that.

Caine
03-28-2006, 10:57 AM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

I always hate when people drag out the "True Fan" moniker. It implies that there is some secret criteria involved that only the annointed few are aware of and can measure up to. Having been a fan for as long as I can remember, I can't ever recall any secret criteria, special handshake, or super double-secret decoder ring involved in being a fan.

And, as a fan, I personally feel very attached to our look. It's one that's been with us for a long time - classic and understated...with a touch of intimidation thrown in for good measure. Can anyone imagine the raiders altering their look? I can't. How about the Steelers? The Cowboys? The 49ers?

Fact is, most teams have avoided major overhauls to their logos since 1961. Check out this site there ( Helmet Logo History (http://www.i-nflhelmet.com/minnesotavikings.html) ) and see for yourself.

And as far as Zygi making it HIS team...well, I already covered that. It's been MY team and YOUR team and OUR team a LOT longer than it's been HIS team. And, while a logo change won't prompt me to switch alliegences, it also won't do anything to endear our new owner to me.

Caine

JellyBean2144
03-28-2006, 05:29 PM
Surely they can't change the uniforms or drop the horns!! Man, if they did that, I don't know what i might do.

NodakPaul
03-28-2006, 05:42 PM
Our uniforms have changes several times over throughout the Vikings history. They have all been rather subtle changes, but they do change. So changing the uniform isn't that big of a deal for me.

I like the idea of a new Vikings image. We have a new team, new uniforms, a new image, and soon to be a new stadium.

Plus it is a known money maker. A LOT of fans, myself included, will go out and buy the Vikngs merchandise if the new Uniforms are drastically different. Considering the money Zygi is pumping in to the Vikings, I am OK with him getting a little in return...

To the issue of the horns. They are the only thing about the uniform that have remained a constant since the franchise began. However, they have also changed throughout the years (mostly just in size and curvature). I think Zygi is smart enough to realize this, and the horns will still be on the new uniform. Maybe there will be a little bit of change, like adding color as in some of the concept art we have seen. But they will still be there.

I'm excited for the new uniforms. Part of the excitment is the mystery... the only thing we have heard (and this is based on rumor, not fact) is that purple pants will be back in some way and there will be a change to the helmet. I can't wait to see it!

happy camper
03-28-2006, 05:46 PM
ill flip the hell out if they change the horns.

seriously, i will go to winter park to protest. and im not exaggerating or kidding.

Prophet
03-28-2006, 06:01 PM
"happy camper" wrote:

seriously, i will go to winter park to protest. and im not exaggerating or kidding.

Just video tape it and post it so we can watch...

whackthepack
03-28-2006, 06:14 PM
"happy camper" wrote:

The headline in the paper could read:
NOT SO HAPPY CAMPER AT WINTER PARK!

Below the caption they could have a picture of you in handcuffs being lead away!

ultravikingfan
03-28-2006, 06:43 PM
"happy camper" wrote:

Maybe you could hire some illegal aliens to give you some advice on protesting?

VikesFan4Life
03-28-2006, 06:50 PM
All things considered, with Ziggy's affinity for NFL tradition and all, even if he does want a new overall image for the Vikings, I don't think he would allow the horns to be removed.

I just don't think something like that would even be mentioned in the meetings.

But I don't know Ziggy that well, so who knows?

I'm sure the horns will still be in play though, so we shouldn't worry too much.

singersp
03-29-2006, 01:52 AM
If thet got rid of the horns, it would maske us less horny.

I for one prefer to be a horny Vikings fan.

singersp
03-29-2006, 01:53 AM
If thet got rid of the horns, it would maske us less horny.

I for one prefer to be a horny Vikings fan.

NordicNed
03-29-2006, 01:58 AM
I don't think they will take the horn theme off the helmets....

Maybe spice the colors up some, and new jerseys and pants...Horn must stay..

FedjeViking
03-29-2006, 03:36 AM
I think they would be afraid of losing money on sales. People will not buy something they don't like. How would they sell the helmets if people won't buy for lack of horns?

singersp
03-29-2006, 02:23 PM
The horn are staying;

"Wilf didn't want to get into specifics regarding the uniform changes, but he said the helmet has been subtly altered. "Same helmet, same horn," he said. "The horn is just accentuated a little to give it a three-dimensional look."

Wilf defends Hutchinson signing (http://www.realcities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/14212906.htm?source=rss&channel=twincities_football)