PDA

View Full Version : Carter Says We Made A Huge Mistake.

UndisputedVike
03-20-2006, 08:38 AM
Vikings | Carter says Vikings made a mistake trading Culpepper
Sun, 19 Mar 2006 20:56:40 -0800

Harvey Fialkov, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports former Minnesota Vikings WR Cris Carter, now an analyst on HBO's Inside the NFL, believes the Vikings made a drastic mistake in trading QB Daunte Culpepper while he is in his prime. "You don't trade franchise quarterbacks," Carter said during an interview on Sirius NFL radio. "The reason we have jobs is because guys in executive positions make decisions on quarterbacks. Because every week, what do we talk about on Monday?

Well I somewhat agree with him...But the problem is he didn't want to be here anymore so what could we do? We all knew the moment he stayed in Florida something about him wasn't right. He didn't attpet to talk to Coach Childress.

What could we have done.

Oh BTW My 100th Post w00t ^_^

PurplePride80
03-20-2006, 09:15 AM
"UndisputedVike" wrote:

Well I somewhat agree with him...But the problem is he didn't want to be here anymore so what could we do? We all knew the moment he stayed in Florida something about him wasn't right. He didn't attempt to talk to Coach Childress.

^ Exactly, we can't keep the guy, if he dosen't want to be a Viking anymore.

And as silly as it seems, Culpepper still holds a grudge on Childress for the Eagles selecting Mcnabb over Culpepper.

olson_10
03-20-2006, 09:25 AM
ever since the laptop story came out, ive felt even better about getting a 2nd round pick for him

olson_10
03-20-2006, 09:27 AM
"UndisputedVike" wrote:

Vikings | Carter says Vikings made a mistake trading Culpepper
Sun, 19 Mar 2006 20:56:40 -0800

Harvey Fialkov, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports former Minnesota Vikings WR Cris Carter, now an analyst on HBO's Inside the NFL, believes the Vikings made a drastic mistake in trading QB Daunte Culpepper while he is in his prime. "You don't trade franchise quarterbacks," Carter said during an interview on Sirius NFL radio. "The reason we have jobs is because guys in executive positions make decisions on quarterbacks. Because every week, what do we talk about on Monday?

Well I somewhat agree with him...But the problem is he didn't want to be here anymore so what could we do? We all knew the moment he stayed in Florida something about him wasn't right. He didn't attpet to talk to Coach Childress.

What could we have done.

Oh BTW My 100th Post w00t ^_^
exactly..and i am still going insane listening to these ppl say "well you cant trade him"..the guy wasnt going to play no matter what..he didnt even open a laptop filled with the new offense..good god, people need to just look at daunte and rethink the entire thing out..its almost like people are missing every single word daunte said in the whole situation..he called minnesota "hell"..you cant defend him, flat out

Prophet
03-20-2006, 12:41 PM
I saw a quote in another article that cracked me up. This was Robert Smith's, then a rookie, reaction when he first saw Culpepper:

The first time Smith saw Culpepper was in a Vikings offensive meeting. Dumb rookie, Smith thought to himself, the linebackers and defensive linemen are in another room. Smith couldn't believe someone that size was a quarterback. (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/14136022.htm)

UndisputedVike
03-20-2006, 06:31 PM
ROFL...That's hilarious.

Del Rio
03-20-2006, 06:35 PM
Carter is one of my least favorite sports anal-ists. Who posted that thing on him last year where he changes his story 2-3 times a year so it looks like he was right.

cajunvike
03-20-2006, 06:39 PM
Cris is entitled to his opinion...but he will be proven wrong in the long run...and he will come crawling back to us with his tail between his legs...because he will realize that the TEAM is more important than any ONE player! Oh wait, he probably WON'T realize that...but he will come crawling back nonetheless!

6-KINGS
03-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Let me guess God told him so.............
I am not a big Carter fan.
He seems so 2 faced to me.
Now that is just my opinion, that and a quarter will get you some peanuts at the mall.
he was great, glad we had him.
But I never liked him really.

ultravikingfan
03-20-2006, 07:09 PM
:shock:

Donkey crap could come out of his mouth and still be golden!

:lol:

grpape
03-20-2006, 08:01 PM
Cris Carter has always had quite an ego. It was awsome to have on the field, but sometimes I questioned his whole concept of TEAM. So is this lap top story really true (link to back it up)? If that's the case, just have the triangle tell it to the press, and be done with it.

DarrinNelsonguy
03-20-2006, 08:14 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

:shock:

Donkey crap could come out of his mouth and still be golden!

:lol:

I bet he could catch it one-handed before it hit the ground.

Big C
03-20-2006, 08:21 PM
I think it boiled down to personality problems between Childress and Dante. Dante blew it first by asking for more money under the worst possible situation, and the triangle blew it by lying to him and trying to trade him behind his back. If someone I manage was slacking (not looking at his laptop) I would talk to him before trying to fire him.

Dante is gone and I am learning to live with that, but I don't agree with anyone who thinks it's all on Dante and that the triangle doesn't share part of the blame.

smilefxr
03-20-2006, 08:26 PM
lap-top story???

Displaced_Viking
03-20-2006, 08:48 PM
"PurplePride80" wrote:

"UndisputedVike" wrote:

Well I somewhat agree with him...But the problem is he didn't want to be here anymore so what could we do? We all knew the moment he stayed in Florida something about him wasn't right. He didn't attempt to talk to Coach Childress.

^ Exactly, we can't keep the guy, if he dosen't want to be a Viking anymore.

I completely agree that Culpepper couldn't remain in Minnesota anymore, and in this particular case, it was the right thing to do to let him go. I just hope that this doesn't become a trend or "strategy" for future players to get out of contracts or get off a team. Perhaps I'm just overly cautious...

LunchBox
03-20-2006, 10:34 PM
The reason I don't like the trade is because we sold him at his absolute lowest value. Getting a second round pick for one of the best players in the league is just awful.