PDA

View Full Version : VIKINGS LOOK TO GO 11-5

PurplePharaoh
07-20-2004, 11:48 PM
And I dont see any reason why they cant go 11-5 unless of course Culpepper or Moss should go down to injury. I see them getting at the very lease the 2nd seed, and playing in the 2005 NFC Championship game. :director:

NeoVikesTX
07-21-2004, 12:04 AM
I'm with ya there pharoah! I definitely have high expectations for this season, as do many Vikings fans. C'mon Vikes 2004-2005! =D>

vikings_fan66
07-21-2004, 12:39 AM
ive got high hopes!!!

SKOL
07-21-2004, 01:07 AM
11-5 is realistic. My question is whether it would be good enough to lock up a bye..., probably not. Assuming the Eagles get a bye from the East, that means the Vikes would have to win their division, with better records, or tie breaker advantages over the Panthers or Falcons from the South, or the Seahawks or Rams from the West.

Besides our division foes, the head to head games against the Eagles (road), Cowboys, Seahawks and Saints (road) will be very important if we want a bye. These are the conference teams, and most likely playoff teams outside of our division.

12-4 would more likely lock up a bye. This is just the way I see it. :headbang:

wyviking
07-21-2004, 01:23 AM
yea i fell like we have a better chance of getting to the big game then ever before. i have a felling since i moved away from mn this year, now the vikings will go to the super bowl and ill miss all the crazy after partys in mn thats how it seems to happen with stuff like this. yea this ist a good way of saying were going to go to the super bowl but i have played 4 seasons on madden 2004 foot ball in the last month and each year im facing the vikings in the superbowl, its almost like its saying some thing about this year, well i hope so

BigEasyViking
07-21-2004, 02:05 AM
I think that we've all got high hopes for this year. I think that 11-5 is a minimum of what we will do this year. I'm thinking more like 13-3.

hawaiianvike21
07-21-2004, 02:58 AM
The least i can expect the vikes to do this year is 10-6 with the capability of even going 13-3. But i see either10-6 or 11-5. EIther works for me although its no guarantee of home field advantage.

casper
07-21-2004, 04:43 AM
I am with BigEasy 13-3 all the way 2004-2005

billvike
07-21-2004, 06:22 AM
I always have high hopes for the season. but usually the rug is taken out from under me, but think it this way if all you get is bad luck good luck is eventually supposed to come.

Vikings 2004 :king: :cheers:

Hamboner
07-21-2004, 09:52 AM
I think that the Vikings will be the team to beat in the NFC this year. With another strong draft of defensive players of which two should be immediate impact players, and the addition of Winfield at corner we should be the team to beat. Thomas will surprise a lot of people with how smart he is and how quick he is, and Udeze should make an impact coming off of the edge. Hold on, because it's gonna be fun with a defense to go with the NFL's best offense!!! GO VIKINGS!

TEXPACK
07-21-2004, 10:08 AM
I think every year the Vikings are the team to beat! No, seriously the vikes will indeed challenge for the NFC North. 11-5 would probably win it for any team.

wv__viking__fan
07-21-2004, 10:08 AM
I share in the feeling of excitement. I am looking for a big year from our Vikes. If the LB's come together it could be a very interesting year. I think that our D as a whole will be much improved. Only concearn is the Line backer position.

briboy75
07-21-2004, 10:28 AM
I think the eagles will be the team to beat. I think we are second best.

VKG4LFE
07-21-2004, 10:30 AM
Has there ever been an 11-5 team that hasn't made the playoffs? I doubt it, heck even 10-6 there probably hasn't been too many teams not make the playoffs. I just want to make the playoffs, I don't care what our record is. Then the season basically starts over and you have to win three or four more games!! Let's think playoffs!! With our high potent offense and hopefully a D that will be able to stop teams, we can go a long way!!

bigdogbovy
07-21-2004, 11:45 AM
I see the Vikes getting the bye. Honestly I don't think that the Eagles will lock up a bye. Nor do I think they are the team to beat. The NFC is very weak and the vikes may,(outside of a typical choke) rise to the top of with ease.

packmanxxxi
07-21-2004, 01:42 PM
Lets take a look at the Vikings schedule shall we:

Dallas- loss
at Philly- Loss
Chicago- probable win
Bye- (they may lose this one)
at houston- win
at New Orleans- loss
Tennessee- loss
Giants- win
at Indy- loss
at GB- loss
Detroit- win
Jacksonvile- win
at Chicago- win
Seattle- loss
at Detroit- win
Green Bay- win
at Washington- win

I see them at 9-7, and thats with me as a Packer fan assuming they will beat GB. I don't REALLY think they will, but for safety sake I put it as such. Minn has a TOUGH schedule, with many of the tough games on the road. GB has a tough schedule, but with most of them at home. I see Gb at:

at Carolina- win
Chicago- win
at Indy- loss
NY- win
Tennessee- win
at Detroit- loss
Dallas- win
at redskins- win
vikings- win
at houston- win
St louis- win
at philly- loss
detroit- win
Jacksonville- win
at minn- loss
at chicago- win

I see GB at 12-4, if they run the table at home as they should.

Ok, let the comments rain down now..... :P

rjkvikings
07-21-2004, 02:21 PM
That's ridiculous :!: There is no way the packers are going 12-4. They could possibly win the division (not likely), but not by that much. If they do, it will only be by about 1 game. I also see the Vikings doing better than 9-7. They'll be at least 10-6, probably better.

cheesefree
07-21-2004, 02:56 PM
You got it all wrong packmanxxxi, here I corrected your mistakes :wink:

Vikings 13-3

Dallas- win
at Philly- loss
Chicago- win
Bye
at houston- win
at New Orleans- win
Tennessee- loss
Giants- win
at Indy- loss
at GB- win
Detroit- win
Jacksonville- win
at Chicago- win
Seattle- win
at Detroit- win
Green Bay- win
at Washington- win

Packers 6-10

at Carolina- loss
Chicago- win
at Indy- loss
NY- win
Tennessee- loss
at Detroit- loss
Dallas- loss
at redskins- loss
Bye
vikings- loss
at houston- win
St louis- win
at philly- loss
detroit- win
Jacksonville- win
at minn- loss
at chicago- loss

NeoVikesTX
07-21-2004, 03:08 PM
This is how it will be Packmann!

Viking 12-4

Dallas- win
at Philly- win (Monday Night Football, Randy Moss Time)
Chicago- win
Bye
at houston- win
at New Orleans- loss
Tennessee- win (Tennesee is weak this season)
Giants- loss (of course)
at Indy- win
at GB- loss (always split with the pack)
Detroit- win
Jacksonville- win
at Chicago- loss (split with a better Bears team)
Seattle- win (I'm going to this game so they will win!)
at Detroit- win (always sweep the pack)
Green Bay- win
at Washington- win, maybe loss depending on how Redskins play

Packers 6-10

at Carolina- loss (defending NFC Champs at home, lol)
Chicago- win
at Indy- loss
NY- win
Tennessee- loss
at Detroit- loss
Dallas- loss
at Washington- loss
Bye
vikings- win
at houston- win
St louis- loss
at philly- loss
detroit- win
Jacksonville- win
at minn- loss
at chicago- loss

rjkvikings
07-21-2004, 03:17 PM
I don't see the Packers going 6-10 either. That is going a little to far, but they won't win the division either.

purplepat
07-21-2004, 04:09 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

Lets take a look at the Vikings schedule shall we:

Dallas- loss
at Philly- Loss
Chicago- probable win
Bye- (they may lose this one)
at houston- win
at New Orleans- loss
Tennessee- loss
Giants- win
at Indy- loss
at GB- loss
Detroit- win
Jacksonvile- win
at Chicago- win
Seattle- loss
at Detroit- win
Green Bay- win
at Washington- win

I see them at 9-7, and thats with me as a Packer fan assuming they will beat GB. I don't REALLY think they will, but for safety sake I put it as such. Minn has a TOUGH schedule, with many of the tough games on the road. GB has a tough schedule, but with most of them at home. I see Gb at:

at Carolina- win
Chicago- win
at Indy- loss
NY- win
Tennessee- win
at Detroit- loss
Dallas- win
at redskins- win
vikings- win
at houston- win
St louis- win
at philly- loss
detroit- win
Jacksonville- win
at minn- loss
at chicago- win

I see GB at 12-4, if they run the table at home as they should.

Ok, let the comments rain down now..... :P

Very interesting prediction there, packman. Although, right away, I'd reverse the week one results. I see the Vikings beating the Cowboys at home for the season opener, while I'd have the NFC defending Champion Panthers beating the Packers in Charlotte.

I think I'd probably pick the Rams to beat the Packers at Lambeau as well. After last season, you don't really think the Packers will go 8-0 at Lambeau, do you?

Interesting that you have the Vikings losing at home to the Titans, but the Packers beating them at Lambeau. Care to give some rationale as to how the Packers will win but the Vikings will not?

I also think the Vikings will beat the Saints in New Orleans and the Seahawks in Minneapolis, but those games could easily go the other way. The Saints are a baffling team; I always think they have better talent than their final record indicates.

Your prediction could very well come true, or the roles could be completely reversed (Vikings finish 12-4, Packers finish 9-7). If you follow racehorses, a horse with improving speed figures usually continue to improve for awhile, and ones with dropping figures usually continue to drop. With the Vikings finishing 5-11, 6-10, and 9-7, the smart money would say they should improve on 9-7 this season. The Packers were 12-4 in 2002, 10-6 last year...so a drop this year isn't out of the question.