PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Pepper Trade...



FinNasty23
03-19-2006, 02:12 AM
Wud up boys? I just got back from Panama City, FL where I was getting obliterated for spring break... :occasion5: :pukeright:

Anyway... I am curious what your thoughts are about the trade now that it has happened. I told you guys that the Fins were going to trade for him... but none of you guys believed me.

Are you happy with the 2nd rounder? or no? I would have really liked to give a conditional pick instead... because the 2nd round is REALLY deep this year... but I will take it...

ultravikingfan
03-19-2006, 02:15 AM
Heres a ton of thoughts:

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=20003

I think some are just glad it is over and we can move on.

FedjeViking
03-19-2006, 02:15 AM
"FinNasty23" wrote:

Wud up boys? I just got back from Panama City, FL where I was getting obliterated for spring break... :occasion5: :pukeright:

Anyway... I am curious what your thoughts are about the trade now that it has happened. I told you guys that the Fins were going to trade for him... but none of you guys believed me.

Are you happy with the 2nd rounder? or no? I would have really liked to give a conditional pick instead... because the 2nd round is REALLY deep this year... but I will take it...

Why not read the other 4-5 Pep threads before starting a new one? :roll:

FinNasty23
03-19-2006, 02:17 AM
"FedjeViking" wrote:

"FinNasty23" wrote:

Wud up boys? I just got back from Panama City, FL where I was getting obliterated for spring break... :occasion5: :pukeright:

Anyway... I am curious what your thoughts are about the trade now that it has happened. I told you guys that the Fins were going to trade for him... but none of you guys believed me.

Are you happy with the 2nd rounder? or no? I would have really liked to give a conditional pick instead... because the 2nd round is REALLY deep this year... but I will take it...

Why not read the other 4-5 Pep threads before starting a new one? :roll:

sorry girl... I'm new to the site... not exactly the best at navigating through it yet...

thanks for the useful imput though...

singersp
03-19-2006, 02:17 AM
My thoughts on the Pepper trade have been expressed in one of the other dozen trade threads. I'm about Pepped out.

FinNasty23
03-19-2006, 02:18 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Heres a ton of thoughts:

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=20003

I think some are just glad it is over and we can move on.

thanks for the link... and ya I am sure a bunch of you are glad to move on.

Are you guys satisfied with the compensation? I mean, coming off that knee injury a mid-2nd rounder is a pretty nice pick...

ultravikingfan
03-19-2006, 02:21 AM
You'll find that in the thread too.

Some yes, some no.

ejmat
03-19-2006, 02:28 AM
Welcome back Fin. We are pretty critical in here when it comes to doubling and tripling threads. lol. I personally think we got what we could for him for now. I'm just glad he went to the Dolphins since they are my favorite AFC team. I'm from there and moving back soon so I look forward to going to the Viking game there in Miami.

My wife and in-laws are all Dolphin fans so that should be fun. I hope we sack him 9 times. I do wish the best for him. It was defiantely time to move on. I don't really like how he went about doing it but people have to do what's best for them. I wish him well and I'll probably go to alot of the Dolphins games next year. At least my wife and I can have jerseys with the same names on it. Just not sure what number he will be yet.

FinNasty23
03-19-2006, 02:34 AM
"ejmat" wrote:

Welcome back Fin. We are pretty critical in here when it comes to doubling and tripling threads. lol. I personally think we got what we could for him for now. I'm just glad he went to the Dolphins since they are my favorite AFC team. I'm from there and moving back soon so I look forward to going to the Viking game there in Miami.

My wife and in-laws are all Dolphin fans so that should be fun. I hope we sack him 9 times. I do wish the best for him. It was defiantely time to move on. I don't really like how he went about doing it but people have to do what's best for them. I wish him well and I'll probably go to alot of the Dolphins games next year. At least my wife and I can have jerseys with the same names on it. Just not sure what number he will be yet.

Thanks bro... and sorry if I doubled a thread... apparently this got some people upset...

Anyway... Pep is going back to his UCF number (I go to UCF) which is #8... I like him in 8 and am glad he is going back to it...

That will be cool that you will be going to some Fin games... wearing the same persons jersey but with 2 different teams with your wife... I definatly will be ordering Pepper's jersey asap...

jaymz7
03-19-2006, 02:37 AM
"FinNasty23" wrote:

Anyway... I am curious what your thoughts are about the trade now that it has happened. I told you guys that the Fins were going to trade for him... but none of you guys believed me.

Are you happy with the 2nd rounder? or no? I would have really liked to give a conditional pick instead... because the 2nd round is REALLY deep this year... but I will take it...


Oh for the love of God please STOP already!!!!!!! No more CPEP posts.
:beathorse:

ThaSuperFreak33
03-19-2006, 02:41 AM
He is gone

Gift
03-19-2006, 02:46 AM
pep was traded? WTF!?

FinNasty23
03-19-2006, 02:48 AM
"Gift" wrote:

pep was traded? WTF!?

hahaha

sorry about beating a dead horse... like I said... I have been gone this whole past week... so this is all new conversation to me...

Ltrey33
03-19-2006, 02:57 AM
"FinNasty23" wrote:

"FedjeViking" wrote:

"FinNasty23" wrote:

Wud up boys? I just got back from Panama City, FL where I was getting obliterated for spring break... :occasion5: :pukeright:

Anyway... I am curious what your thoughts are about the trade now that it has happened. I told you guys that the Fins were going to trade for him... but none of you guys believed me.

Are you happy with the 2nd rounder? or no? I would have really liked to give a conditional pick instead... because the 2nd round is REALLY deep this year... but I will take it...

Why not read the other 4-5 Pep threads before starting a new one? :roll:

sorry bro... I'm new to the site... not exactly the best at navigating through it yet...

thanks for the useful imput though...

Fedje is a girl!

Gift
03-19-2006, 02:59 AM
"FinNasty23" wrote:

"Gift" wrote:

pep was traded? WTF!?

hahaha

sorry about beating a dead horse... like I said... I have been gone this whole past week... so this is all new conversation to me...I can appreciate that, I wasn't here when they traded moss so I never got to participate in those discusions. People say the c-pep issue is a dead horse but it still can ignite alot of passion from peeps. Alot of folks think pep turned his back on us, other folks think the FO is to blame. I think its probably somewhere in the middle.

FinNasty23
03-19-2006, 03:02 AM
"ltrey33" wrote:

"FinNasty23" wrote:

"FedjeViking" wrote:

"FinNasty23" wrote:

Wud up boys? I just got back from Panama City, FL where I was getting obliterated for spring break... :occasion5: :pukeright:

Anyway... I am curious what your thoughts are about the trade now that it has happened. I told you guys that the Fins were going to trade for him... but none of you guys believed me.

Are you happy with the 2nd rounder? or no? I would have really liked to give a conditional pick instead... because the 2nd round is REALLY deep this year... but I will take it...

Why not read the other 4-5 Pep threads before starting a new one? :roll:

sorry bro... I'm new to the site... not exactly the best at navigating through it yet...

thanks for the useful imput though...

Fedje is a girl!

haha... oops! I edited... :tongue:

FinNasty23
03-19-2006, 03:04 AM
"Gift" wrote:

"FinNasty23" wrote:

"Gift" wrote:

pep was traded? WTF!?

hahaha

sorry about beating a dead horse... like I said... I have been gone this whole past week... so this is all new conversation to me...I can appreciate that, I wasn't here when they traded moss so I never got to participate in those discusions. People say the c-pep issue is a dead horse but it still can ignite alot of passion from peeps. Alot of folks think pep turned his back on us, other folks think the FO is to blame. I think its probably somewhere in the middle.

thanks... glad to see someone understands where I am coming from. :grin:

Anyway... about the FO thing... you guys will know better than me, so I ask... did the FO promise Pep that they would reevaluate his contract? or what was the whole situation with that? Was he really demanding more money?

DaunteHOF
03-19-2006, 05:33 AM
you guys got, who i feel is the best QB in the league. He played bad last year behind a bad o-line but watch him bounce back and have an all pro season for you guys.

FinNasty23
03-19-2006, 05:37 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

you guys got, who i feel is the best QB in the league. He played bad last year behind a bad o-line but watch him bounce back and have an all pro season for you guys.

I hope so!! :grin: :cool:

what was the deal with his contract stuff? (I posted the whole question above)

nareg
03-19-2006, 05:38 AM
perosnally i beieve this was good trade even people think we ddint get much, but last time i chedcked theyre projectin the second round to be deeper the the first round soo!!!!!!!!! i think we shouldve got rid of him earler so we couldlve save teh drama that was starting to unfold, ALL IN ALL GOOD TRADE,GOOD BIE PEP BEST OF LUCK!!!Ps my dad and mom like the dolphins so it wasnt a bad trade for ma famly

Purple Floyd
03-19-2006, 06:34 AM
I just wonder what could have happened if we had not drafted Culpepper at all and kept either johnson or gannon. Both of whom I feel are better leaders than culp. They could have drafted better defensive players who could have given us better field position for moss to work with and had a stronger overall team.

cajunvike
03-19-2006, 06:51 AM
"FinNasty23" wrote:

"Gift" wrote:

"FinNasty23" wrote:

"Gift" wrote:

pep was traded? WTF!?

hahaha

sorry about beating a dead horse... like I said... I have been gone this whole past week... so this is all new conversation to me...I can appreciate that, I wasn't here when they traded moss so I never got to participate in those discusions. People say the c-pep issue is a dead horse but it still can ignite alot of passion from peeps. Alot of folks think pep turned his back on us, other folks think the FO is to blame. I think its probably somewhere in the middle.

thanks... glad to see someone understands where I am coming from. :grin:

Anyway... about the FO thing... you guys will know better than me, so I ask... did the FO promise Pep that they would reevaluate his contract? or what was the whole situation with that? Was he really demanding more money?

He just wanted out...so he demanded more money. Look at what he did when he got to the Fins...renegotiated his contract...that says it ALL!

I am still a fan of his (and Saban too), so I will wish him well (except when he plays us)...BUT us Vikings fans are mostly ready to just move on...so discussing him is pretty much a moot point here. We will be just fine with Brad running the WCO...and we will probably draft his long term replacement either this year or next...we were in the same situation before we drafted Pep, so I don't see much of a problem in us finding the next franchise QB. It just may take a year or two...but in the meantime, we have a veteran QB who will make few mistakes and will put his teammates in position to win games. We will be fine.

snowinapril
03-19-2006, 06:54 AM
"FinNasty23" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Heres a ton of thoughts:

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=20003

I think some are just glad it is over and we can move on.

thanks for the link... and ya I am sure a bunch of you are glad to move on.

Are you guys satisfied with the compensation? I mean, coming off that knee injury a mid-2nd rounder is a pretty nice pick...

You guys got a steal.

DC is already running.

He plans on being back to participate in training camp.

We should have rcvd your 2nd round this year and a conditional pick next year. You will have many thrilling moments from DC, enjoy.

BTW, my opinion is in the minority around here. Most of the vocal posters here are happy with the trade, saying that we got Peps trade value out of the deal.

When Moss commands a player and a first round pick, I say this was a steal. They are on the same level, you guys are lucky DC was hurt, like I said, it was a steal.

It was like buying a car that has a known engine problem. The owner wants to sell it cause he can't fix it himself, therefore sells it at a discount. The Phins got a nice sports car with low mile, looks good, all it depends on is how it runs with the engine and body work that has been done. Mularky should be a good mechanic and will get DC back on the track ASAP.

snowinapril
03-19-2006, 06:57 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"FinNasty23" wrote:

"Gift" wrote:

"FinNasty23" wrote:

"Gift" wrote:

pep was traded? WTF!?

hahaha

sorry about beating a dead horse... like I said... I have been gone this whole past week... so this is all new conversation to me...I can appreciate that, I wasn't here when they traded moss so I never got to participate in those discusions. People say the c-pep issue is a dead horse but it still can ignite alot of passion from peeps. Alot of folks think pep turned his back on us, other folks think the FO is to blame. I think its probably somewhere in the middle.

thanks... glad to see someone understands where I am coming from. :grin:

Anyway... about the FO thing... you guys will know better than me, so I ask... did the FO promise Pep that they would reevaluate his contract? or what was the whole situation with that? Was he really demanding more money?

He just wanted out...so he demanded more money. Look at what he did when he got to the Fins...renegotiated his contract...that says it ALL!

I am still a fan of his (and Saban too), so I will wish him well (except when he plays us)...BUT us Vikings fans are mostly ready to just move on...so discussing him is pretty much a moot point here. We will be just fine with Brad running the WCO...and we will probably draft his long term replacement either this year or next...we were in the same situation before we drafted Pep, so I don't see much of a problem in us finding the next franchise QB. It just may take a year or two...but in the meantime, we have a veteran QB who will make few mistakes and will put his teammates in position to win games. We will be fine.

Hey Cajun, why did DC say that he would work with the VIKES about restructuring his contract, this was after the firing of his agent?

VikesfaninWis
03-19-2006, 07:04 AM
Pepp was here, now he is not.. I hope the best for him in Miami, but really don't think his attitude or his ego will ever change.. Miami needs a QB that they can rely on since Marino left.. I hate to say it, but Culpepper is no Marino, and he is not a leader. You Fins fans will find that out sooner or later. Good luck though..

ultravikingfan
03-19-2006, 07:48 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

you guys got, who i feel is the best QB in the league. He played bad last year behind a bad o-line but watch him bounce back and have an all pro season for you guys.

And then tanked...big time!

singersp
03-19-2006, 08:09 AM
"FinNasty23" wrote:

Anyway... Pep is going back to his UCF number (I go to UCF) which is #8... I like him in 8 and am glad he is going back to it...

That will be cool that you will be going to some Fin games... wearing the same persons jersey but with 2 different teams with your wife... I definatly will be ordering Pepper's jersey asap...

#8 was the number he had when he first got to Minnesota before changing it to #11. I bought one of the first NFL authentic game balls he signed after the draft & it has the #8 on it. It was my first piece I bought in my vast collection of Vikings memorabillia.

snowinapril
03-19-2006, 08:25 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"FinNasty23" wrote:

Anyway... Pep is going back to his UCF number (I go to UCF) which is #8... I like him in 8 and am glad he is going back to it...

That will be cool that you will be going to some Fin games... wearing the same persons jersey but with 2 different teams with your wife... I definatly will be ordering Pepper's jersey asap...

#8 was the number he had when he first got to Minnesota before changing it to #11. I bought one of the first NFL authentic game balls he signed after the draft & it has the #8 on it. It was my first piece I bought in my vast collection of Vikings memorabillia.

He was also number 12, I think it was only his rookie season though.

singersp
03-19-2006, 09:01 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"FinNasty23" wrote:

Anyway... Pep is going back to his UCF number (I go to UCF) which is #8... I like him in 8 and am glad he is going back to it...

That will be cool that you will be going to some Fin games... wearing the same persons jersey but with 2 different teams with your wife... I definatly will be ordering Pepper's jersey asap...

#8 was the number he had when he first got to Minnesota before changing it to #11. I bought one of the first NFL authentic game balls he signed after the draft & it has the #8 on it. It was my first piece I bought in my vast collection of Vikings memorabillia.

He was also number 12, I think it was only his rookie season though.

You are correct SIA. #12 was the first number he wore on his jersey after we drafted him. I had forgotten about that one.

V4L
03-19-2006, 09:03 AM
Hey dolhpins you guys got a great trade.. He is gonna help your team alot.. You dont have to put up with Gus ferot anymore! hahahahaaahha

Yes they did! Pep is a stud beast guy who runs on defenses like a white guy runing from the kkk! hahaaa :smile:

eclipse_2303
03-19-2006, 09:09 AM
Yeah they do, do you honestly think Culpepper will play this year? Let alone the whole year?

V4L
03-19-2006, 09:11 AM
Culpepper will play the whole year.. He will be back by week 1 I bet anything

singersp
03-19-2006, 09:13 AM
"eclipse_2303" wrote:

Yeah they do, do you honestly think Culpepper will play this year? Let alone the whole year?

No they don't. Frerotte already signed with the Rams.

FinNasty23
03-19-2006, 10:05 AM
I thought Pepper chose #11 because #8 was already taken... and he chose #11 because he was drafted 11th overall?

YogidAbEAR
03-19-2006, 10:06 AM
i'm betting on about week four he'll come back, why, dunno, just a feeling

FinNasty23
03-19-2006, 10:38 AM
"YogidAbEAR" wrote:

i'm betting on about week four he'll come back, why, dunno, just a feeling

At first... I thought you meant he would be coming back to the Vikes around week 4... :lol:

Anyway, I would be happy if he is back by week 4. However, there is talk that he might be ready for the start of the season. Apparently tomorrow on ESPN there is going to be the final segment of Pep's interview with that girl. They are going to show some of his knee therapy and some field work... and really talk about the condition of his knee...

singersp
03-19-2006, 01:59 PM
Why do fans rejoice Culpepper leaving?

Jon Krawczynski, Associated Press
Published Saturday, March 18, 2006

Indulge me for a moment, if you will, Minnesota Vikings fans.

Let’s do a little visualization, shall we?

Try and picture, in your mind’s eye, a quarterback. Not just any quarterback, but a 6-foot-4, 270-pound monster who is faster than a running back, yet is also one of the most accurate passers in the league.

Can you see him?

Shedding smaller — yes, smaller — defensive ends; running over defenseless cornerbacks and threading passes into tight coverage and over the top of helpless secondaries.

Picture a quarterback who, in six full seasons as a starter, goes to the Pro Bowl three times, completes nearly 65 percent of his passes and sets the NFL record for total yards in a season.

Pretty impressive, right? Sure, he has his downsides, maybe a propensity to fumble or to try too hard. But nobody’s perfect, right?

And on top of all that physical skill, he is a model professional. He always has a smile on his face, stands up and takes the criticism when he messes up and deftly deflects the praise to teammates when he has success.

Can you see him, Vikings fans? Can you see him giving everything he has on every snap he takes?

Now picture he’s white.

Would you be universally lauding trading him to the Miami Dolphins for a second-round draft pick, the way you have with Daunte Culpepper?

Movie buffs will recognize my little exercise as a take-off from Matthew McConaughey’s closing arguments in “A Time to Kill.”

And while I certainly don’t want to paint Vikings fans with the same brush as those hooded white supremacists in Mississippi depicted in the film, I have always felt that Culpepper got a bit of bad rap here in Minnesota. Whether it was because of his skin color or not, that point is hard to dispute.

Let’s look at the facts. Culpepper was simply brilliant in three of his six seasons, solid in two and horrendous in one. Not a bad track record for one of the most difficult positions to play in professional sports.

Yet at every chance Vikings fans could get, they would clamor for the backup, whether it was Todd Bauman, Gus Frerotte or Brad Johnson.

Most the time, those requests were laughable. Culpepper was clearly the more talented player and the better leader, which is why the Vikings traded Randy Moss before last season.

Yet everywhere you would go, you’d hear fans say that he wasn’t smart enough to lead them to a championship or couldn’t handle the pressure of a big game, two stereotypes that have plagued black quarterbacks for years.

The fervor reached a fever pitch this season, when Culpepper struggled mightily during the Vikings’ 2-5 start. For once, the criticism was warranted. He was making too many errors for a player of his caliber.

He also was playing behind an offensive line that was simply dreadful, and throwing to an inexperienced receiving corps that was not ready to handle life without Moss.

So the boos rained loud and clear. And Johnson stepped in to help the team to a 7-2 finish. Immediately after the season was over, fans said the Vikings should stick with Johnson, who will be 38 this season, and get rid of Culpepper.

The offense was pedestrian at best with Johnson at the helm, playing against vastly inferior competition. True, the Vikings kept winning games, but that was thanks in most part to a much-improved defense and a big-play special teams unit.

Johnson’s success had more to do with timing than anything else, coinciding with the jelling of the defense and a soft spot in the schedule.

Was he the right player at the right time? Of course. The Vikings needed his steadying presence and his conservative approach. But many fans were ready to put a statue of No. 14 up in front of the Metrodome last year, which was a little scary.

Even before last season, when Culpepper’s star fell thanks to poor performance on the field and the over-hyped boat party scandal off it, the Purple faithful didn’t hesitate to criticize the quarterback for the slightest of miscues.

Now you have your wish, Vikings fans.

At 29 years old, and assuming he recovers from a severe knee injury, Culpepper is entering his prime — away from Minnesota.

Most fans rejoice at that thought, and at getting a second-round pick for one of the team’s fiercest competitors, and best players, of the 21st century.

And still, I ask, why?

I can only come up with one reason, and I don’t even want to think about that.

Why do fans rejoice Culpepper leaving? (http://www.wctrib.com/articles/index.cfm?id=5721)

FinNasty23
03-19-2006, 07:12 PM
I dont know... but I am sure as hell rejoicing that Culpepper is coming! :grin:

ultravikingfan
03-19-2006, 07:16 PM
"FinNasty23" wrote:

I dont know... but I am sure as hell rejoicing that Culpepper is coming! :grin:

That will end soon. :wink:

FinNasty23
03-19-2006, 07:26 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"FinNasty23" wrote:

I dont know... but I am sure as hell rejoicing that Culpepper is coming! :grin:

That will end soon. :wink:

:lol: I hope not.... :wink:

FedjeViking
03-19-2006, 07:30 PM
"FinNasty23" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"FinNasty23" wrote:

I dont know... but I am sure as hell rejoicing that Culpepper is coming! :grin:

That will end soon. :wink:

:lol: I hope not.... :wink:

Wait till he starts doing fumbles and interceptions! :lol: :lol:

FinNasty23
03-19-2006, 07:35 PM
"FedjeViking" wrote:

"FinNasty23" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"FinNasty23" wrote:

I dont know... but I am sure as hell rejoicing that Culpepper is coming! :grin:

That will end soon. :wink:

:lol: I hope not.... :wink:

Wait till he starts doing fumbles and interceptions! :lol: :lol:

I aint worried about the fumbles... someone on FinHeaven.com converted all his fumbles to interceptions... and did the same thing for the other top QBs... and his passer rating was still rediculous and still one of the top in the league...

singersp
03-19-2006, 07:39 PM
"FinNasty23" wrote:

"FedjeViking" wrote:

"FinNasty23" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"FinNasty23" wrote:

I dont know... but I am sure as hell rejoicing that Culpepper is coming! :grin:

That will end soon. :wink:

:lol: I hope not.... :wink:

Wait till he starts doing fumbles and interceptions! :lol: :lol:

I aint worried about the fumbles... someone on FinHeaven.com converted all his fumbles to interceptions... and did the same thing for the other top QBs... and his passer rating was still rediculous and still one of the top in the league...

Yes, that was posted here as well, however it doesn't hold much weight. You're changing & influencing stats.

FedjeViking
03-19-2006, 07:40 PM
"FinNasty23" wrote:

"FedjeViking" wrote:

"FinNasty23" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"FinNasty23" wrote:

I dont know... but I am sure as hell rejoicing that Culpepper is coming! :grin:

That will end soon. :wink:

:lol: I hope not.... :wink:

Wait till he starts doing fumbles and interceptions! :lol: :lol:

I aint worried about the fumbles... someone on FinHeaven.com converted all his fumbles to interceptions... and did the same thing for the other top QBs... and his passer rating was still rediculous and still one of the top in the league...

I liked Culpepper. I enjoyed the abilities and enthusiasm he
brings to the game. But he had a long enough time in Minny, and he
leaves without ever showing me that he can truly be a difference-
maker. Truly be a leader! I don't think you always measure the QB
position by looking at the stat sheet. I think that position, more
than any other, you have to look deeper.

I think what matters most, for any QB, is how you perform in
meaningful games! Throwing for 400 yds and 5 TD's against an
inferior opponent at home is all well and good. But when the game is
on the line, against a quality opponent, perhaps a better opponent,
how does that player perform? The ones that perform well are your
elite ones. I never had that feeling regarding Duante. I think the
perception by many regarding Duante has rung true, so far in his
carreer. And that perception is: "great fantasy QB", but not
necessarily the guy you want "running your team", if you have eyes
on the Super Bowl.

Perhaps Duante will turn the corner in Miami. I have my doubts.
We'll see. I wish him the best!

FinNasty23
03-19-2006, 07:47 PM
"singersp" wrote:

Yes, that was posted here as well, however it doesn't hold much weight. You're changing & influencing stats.

I dont think so though... it is just accounting fumbles into his passer rating... weighing all turnovers the same... IMO, a turnover is a turnover...

Mr. Purple
03-19-2006, 07:59 PM
Man honestly you guys got one hell of a player. Everyone can hate him or say he sucks, but hes a freak of nature. Culpepper will remain one of my favorite players. The only down side to him now is his injury, which was reason enough for me not to get that mad at the trade. His injury is serious, and I'm sure you and all the Dolphin fans know that. But IMO the risk is worth the reword. You lost a second round pick and picked up a ProBowl QB. I wish him the best in Miami, I live in Florida, nowhere near Miami, but I'll probably catch some of his games.

FinNasty23
03-19-2006, 08:02 PM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

Man honestly you guys got one hell of a player. Everyone can hate him or say he sucks, but hes a freak of nature. Culpepper will remain one of my favorite players. The only down side to him now is his injury, which was reason enough for me not to get that mad at the trade. His injury is serious, and I'm sure you and all the Dolphin fans know that. But IMO the risk is worth the reword. You lost a second round pick and picked up a ProBowl QB. I wish him the best in Miami, I live in Florida, nowhere near Miami, but I'll probably catch some of his games.

Thanks... All Dolfans know how serious his injury is... But I personally am not too worried about it. I mean, McGahee had the same injury... maybe worse... and look what he can do on his knee. Pep doesnt need to do half the stuff that McGahee is still capeable of doing... so I aint too worried...

Mr. Purple
03-19-2006, 10:52 PM
Well McGahee did recover from his injury, but Pepp's is farrr worse. Tearing 3 of your ligaments is very very serious. He will return, but he will NEVER be the same, and I expect him to start breaking down alot sooner then most QB's.Still tho you got a great Leader and Player in Daunte.

FinNasty23
03-19-2006, 11:00 PM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

Well McGahee did recover from his injury, but Pepp's is farrr worse. Tearing 3 of your ligaments is very very serious. He will return, but he will NEVER be the same, and I expect him to start breaking down alot sooner then most QB's.Still tho you got a great Leader and Player in Daunte.

McGahee tore all 3 of his ligaments too...

Mr. Purple
03-19-2006, 11:04 PM
Your right, I thought it was two with a Hyper-extension. Anyways, none the less, McGahee success after his injury has nothing to do with Pepp. Not tryin to be a negative nancy, but Culpepper will never be the same.

FinNasty23
03-19-2006, 11:06 PM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

Your right, I thought it was two with a Hyper-extension. Anyways, none the less, McGahee success after his injury has nothing to do with Pepp. Not tryin to be a negative nancy, but Culpepper will never be the same.

I dont care if he is a little bit slower... he still has a cannon... and will be able to run... just not as fast as he did in the past...

Mr. Purple
03-19-2006, 11:10 PM
Not just that. Any time you suffer a major injury like he did, you run the risk of reinjuring it. Also his career happens to be football, so injuries are not uncommon. Not saying hes gonna get hit in the the leg and never play again, but weirder things have happend.

FinNasty23
03-19-2006, 11:17 PM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

Not just that. Any time you suffer a major injury like he did, you run the risk of reinjuring it. Also his career happens to be football, so injuries are not uncommon. Not saying hes gonna get hit in the the leg and never play again, but weirder things have happend.

Well, I agree... he can now be reinjured...

But regardles... I love Culpepper...

singersp
03-20-2006, 01:34 PM
Did Vikings make the right move?

Gary Giombetti
The Daily Tribune

Sunday, March 19th, 2006 09:05:09 PM

HIBBING — I sure hope the Minnesota Vikings triangle-of-authority knows what it’s doing.

Last Tuesday, the Vikings traded away quarterback Daunte Culpepper to the Miami Dolphins for a second-round draft pick.

It’s not the fact that they traded Culpepper away that bothers me. It’s the fact that we didn’t get anything in return for a franchise quarterback.

I know Culpepper has a serious knee injury and his playing status as of now is still up in the air, but what if he comes back healthy and puts up big numbers?

A second-round pick won’t be enough if that happens.

Getting nothing for something shouldn’t surprise Minnesota sports fans. That seems to be the rule rather than the exception.

Think back to the dreaded Hershel Walker deal that all but secured a couple of Super Bowl victories for the Dallas Cowboys. That trade didn’t help us.

Maybe it was time for Culpepper to go. We just needed to get more in return.

All you have to do is look back to last year to see how we screw up deals.

We dealt one of the best wide receivers in the game (Randy Moss) for Napoleon Harris and a draft pick (Troy Williamson). Tell me, what did either of those two players do to help us last year?

Fortunately for the Vikings, Moss didn’t have such a great year. Had that happened, that deal would have blown up in our face. It still might.

When is the Vikings’ organization going to finally rip somebody off with a trade that works in our favor? Obviously, teams we deal with are a heck of lot smarter than we are when it comes to making trades.

Don’t think Brad Johnson is going to be the savior of the team. He’s a suitable quarterback for what Brad Childress wants to run, but he won’t be spectacular.

Maybe we don’t need spectacular, but remember, in games we needed big plays last year — Pittsburgh and Baltimore — Johnson didn’t deliver.

What are the Vikings going to do about a backup this year?

Your guess is as good as mine.

They could always make a trade in the draft and move up to grab Matt Leinert, but Childress and company like their draft picks more than making trades. They’ll probably keep the picks.

We had a good commodity but not anymore. That could be our downfall next year.

I do know one thing, however. Now that Culpepper and Mike Tice are gone, Joel McDonald has to become a Minnesota Vikings fan now. There’s plenty of room on the bandwagon.

Did Vikings make the right move? (http://www.hibbingmn.com/dailytribune/index.php?sect_rank=2&story_id=208466)

Del Rio
03-20-2006, 02:24 PM
"There’s plenty of room on the bandwagon"

And that is a beautiful thing. Hopefully the next group of bandwagon fans follow the team because we win as a team not because of two high profile players.

digital420
03-20-2006, 03:13 PM
I agree with you Del,

I'm waiting till we can work as a TEAM.. to win as a TEAM..

it was great hearing R.m catch that long bomb over somebody.. and it's nice when someone breaks a HUGE play. but CONSISTANT play is what we need..

not 15 min of GREAT play and the rest of the game half !#$#% play..

DiGiTaL

whackthepack
03-20-2006, 04:14 PM
"FinNasty23" wrote:

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

Not just that. Any time you suffer a major injury like he did, you run the risk of reinjuring it. Also his career happens to be football, so injuries are not uncommon. Not saying hes gonna get hit in the the leg and never play again, but weirder things have happend.

Well, I agree... he can now be reinjured...

But regardles... I love Culpepper...


Phin fan here is the Vikings record over the last 5 years with Daunte as the starting QB.


Record with our franchise QB for the last 5 years!

2001 5 - 11 did not make the playoffs (Denny Green coach)

2002 6 - 10 did not make the playoffs (Tice Coach)

2003 9 - 7 did not make the playoffs

2004 8 - 8 we made the playoffs

2005 9 - 7 did not make playoffs (team start 2 - 5 with Daunte as QB) finishes 7 - 2 with Brad as QB


5 years, 1 playoff season as a wild card

0 Superbowl's

0 division titles

1 great playoff win over the Packers (gotta love that)


Hope the next 5 years is better because there is nothing in the last 5 years to get excited about (except beating the Packers)!

V4L
03-20-2006, 05:19 PM
Overall team records are a sort of bad way to judge 1 player though..

Over all those years we had a 25th ranked D or worse im sure.. I can't remember being out of the top 25..

We also had no running game for awhile.. 2001 was pretty good.. And 2002 maybe im not sure though..

You guys got a steal if he comes back healthy and I think he will be back by week 1... He heals quick and is making good progress.. He broke his back and was back within a couple weeks

Del Rio
03-20-2006, 05:23 PM
We had 23rd overall in 2003.

V4L
03-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Thanks Del..

Yah not the best.. But not too bad..

I think a better way to judge is read on him and get opinions here instead of the records..

He is a playmaker and works well if protection breaks down because i've seen him shed 2-3 tackles and launch a bomb right on target..

Only knacks on him IMO is his fumbling and his injury.. He will never stop fumbling so be prepared for that.. He did throw alot of picks last year in a short ammount of time but he was getting used to a new offense and has never played without Randy in the pros.. So be prepared for some picks too his first year while he is adjusting.. And that injury is pretty serious.. So hopefully he doesn't rush back for u guys and lets it heal as good as he can

He seems to not see the open reciever alot of the time.. Which leads to sacks and turnovers.. But if he doesn't get blitzed he will be fine.. We couldn't pick up the blitz last year and they blitz like every play..

But he is very accurate and has a strong arm and can run well

V4L
03-20-2006, 05:34 PM
And just think about this Dolphs fans..

You got a proven pro bowl QB.. And for only a 2nd round.. Never know how the draft is gonna go, so you got a proven player who is better then any QB option right now for you

snowinapril
03-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Difference, between McGahee and DC is that McGahee sat out a year then came back. DC is trying to come back, hopefully not too soon.

For the theorists that claim race, would you respect him more or less if he looked like Michael Jackson?

For the theorists that say the DC forced his way out of MN, why didn't the Vikes just step up to the podium and say, DC is under contract and we are keeping DC no matter what he is saying?

As for the Phins Phans that are worried about DC, don't as long as his knee heals, he will put up great numbers in Miami with Chambers and McMichael there. Enjoy the ride!!

V4L
03-20-2006, 05:37 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

Difference, between McGahee and DC is that McGahee sat out a year then came back. DC is trying to come back, hopefully not too soon.

For the theorists that claim race, would you respect him more or less if he looked like Michael Jackson?

For the theorists that say the DC forced his way out of MN, why didn't the Vikes just step up to the podium and say, DC is under contract and we are keeping DC no matter what he is saying?

As for the Phins Phans that are worried about DC, don't as long as his knee heals, he will put up great numbers in Miami with Chambers and McMichael there. Enjoy the ride!!


Don't forget they actually have a running game too..

And a steller D!

And some actual coaching.. We had Tice and Loney and Cottrell last year! :???:

Im kinda scared of the Dolphs..

Del Rio
03-20-2006, 05:43 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

Difference, between McGahee and DC is that McGahee sat out a year then came back. DC is trying to come back, hopefully not too soon.

For the theorists that claim race, would you respect him more or less if he looked like Michael Jackson?

For the theorists that say the DC forced his way out of MN, why didn't the Vikes just step up to the podium and say, DC is under contract and we are keeping DC no matter what he is saying?

As for the Phins Phans that are worried about DC, don't as long as his knee heals, he will put up great numbers in Miami with Chambers and McMichael there. Enjoy the ride!!

Because football is a team sport, and you don't keep a guy around that doesn't want to be part of the team. Besides that do you think he would really even play next year? I mean yeah he's all shits and giggles about coming back for the Dolphins at the begining of the year LMFAO yeah right, if the Vikes kept him he would sit in his house watching the games getting PAID for nothing.

You don't keep cancer, you cut it out. You definately don't pay cancer to stick around. The guy wanted out, he got out.

snowinapril
03-20-2006, 05:58 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

Difference, between McGahee and DC is that McGahee sat out a year then came back. DC is trying to come back, hopefully not too soon.

For the theorists that claim race, would you respect him more or less if he looked like Michael Jackson?

For the theorists that say the DC forced his way out of MN, why didn't the Vikes just step up to the podium and say, DC is under contract and we are keeping DC no matter what he is saying?

As for the Phins Phans that are worried about DC, don't as long as his knee heals, he will put up great numbers in Miami with Chambers and McMichael there. Enjoy the ride!!

Because football is a team sport, and you don't keep a guy around that doesn't want to be part of the team. Besides that do you think he would really even play next year? I mean yeah he's all poohies and giggles about coming back for the Dolphins at the begining of the year LMFAO yeah right, if the Vikes kept him he would sit in his house watching the games getting PAID for nothing.

You don't keep cancer, you cut it out. You definately don't pay cancer to stick around. The guy wanted out, he got out.

**DC wasn't cancer (realize we are trying to argue opinions) he didn't get his Johnson stroked by management and especially Childress. It came down to a pissing contest between DC and Childress. Cooler heads did not prevail on either side.

** all opinions expressed in this post are the sole opinions of SIA, they can't be backed by any evidence other than what he has made up in his mind as the truth. On a positive note, atleast he knows and fully admits this and is on the verge of actually admitting that this whole DC thing has made him officially insane.

Del Rio
03-20-2006, 06:07 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

Difference, between McGahee and DC is that McGahee sat out a year then came back. DC is trying to come back, hopefully not too soon.

For the theorists that claim race, would you respect him more or less if he looked like Michael Jackson?

For the theorists that say the DC forced his way out of MN, why didn't the Vikes just step up to the podium and say, DC is under contract and we are keeping DC no matter what he is saying?

As for the Phins Phans that are worried about DC, don't as long as his knee heals, he will put up great numbers in Miami with Chambers and McMichael there. Enjoy the ride!!

Because football is a team sport, and you don't keep a guy around that doesn't want to be part of the team. Besides that do you think he would really even play next year? I mean yeah he's all poohies and giggles about coming back for the Dolphins at the begining of the year LMFAO yeah right, if the Vikes kept him he would sit in his house watching the games getting PAID for nothing.

You don't keep cancer, you cut it out. You definately don't pay cancer to stick around. The guy wanted out, he got out.

**DC wasn't cancer (realize we are trying to argue opinions) he didn't get his Johnson stroked by management and especially Childress. It came down to a pissing contest between DC and Childress. Cooler heads did not prevail on either side.

** all opinions expressed in this post are the sole opinions of SIA, they can't be backed by any evidence other than what he has made up in his mind as the truth. On a positive note, atleast he knows and fully admits this and is on the verge of actually admitting that this whole DC thing has made him officially insane.

You asked the question. You aimed it at "theorists" you got an answer.

If you know you wont get the answer you want because the people you are asking percieve the issue differently then you, then why ask the fucking question?

Prophet
03-20-2006, 06:15 PM
The evidence points to DC wanting to leave. He demanded more coinage and was denied and didn't talk to Childress about the game, only money (Childress 2006). The first thing he did in Miami was restructure his contract for the team.

No, Daunte wasn't a cancer on the team in the past. Yes, he would have been a major cancer on the team if he was still on the team in 2006. He didn't want to be here and his whining would have caused a division on the team, just like it did on this board. I think we all agree that team chemistry is an important ingredient for a winning franchise. The chemistry of the team would have been mixed with acids and bases if Daunte stayed. Not good.

snowinapril
03-20-2006, 06:37 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:


You asked the question. You aimed it at "theorists" you got an answer.

If you know you wont get the answer you want because the people you are asking percieve the issue differently then you, then why ask the fricken question?

Why cure Cancer?

No, why start Cancer?

Del Rio
03-20-2006, 06:43 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:


You asked the question. You aimed it at "theorists" you got an answer.

If you know you wont get the answer you want because the people you are asking percieve the issue differently then you, then why ask the fricken question?

Why cure Cancer?

No, why start Cancer?

No rephrase that into a SIA question.

To all those cancer patients out there: why cure cancer? Why don't doctors just say...well you have cancer, too bad?

I mean yeah it might draw some attention from cancer patients, hell one might even say why cure it? Because I want to live..........then you can say something along the lines of well I think cancer is part of nature so you should die.

And we can come to the same conclusion that you probably should have just not asked the question.

Why cure cancer......... :neutral: 15 minutes and that's all you can say, it didn't even make sense.

snowinapril
03-20-2006, 06:55 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:


You asked the question. You aimed it at "theorists" you got an answer.

If you know you wont get the answer you want because the people you are asking percieve the issue differently then you, then why ask the fricken question?

Why cure Cancer?

No, why start Cancer?

No rephrase that into a SIA question.

To all those cancer patients out there: why cure cancer? Why don't doctors just say...well you have cancer, too bad?

I mean yeah it might draw some attention from cancer patients, hell one might even say why cure it? Because I want to live..........then you can say something along the lines of well I think cancer is part of nature so you should die.

And we can come to the same conclusion that you probably should have just not asked the question.

Why cure cancer......... :neutral: 15 minutes and that's all you can say, it didn't even make sense.

Wan't suppose too. Other than the fact that it could mean many different thing to different people! :wink:

That was mean saying that I wouldn't want to find a cure for cancer. :shock: I realize it wasn't intended to say that. LOL

Del Rio
03-20-2006, 06:58 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:


You asked the question. You aimed it at "theorists" you got an answer.

If you know you wont get the answer you want because the people you are asking percieve the issue differently then you, then why ask the fricken question?

Why cure Cancer?

No, why start Cancer?

No rephrase that into a SIA question.

To all those cancer patients out there: why cure cancer? Why don't doctors just say...well you have cancer, too bad?

I mean yeah it might draw some attention from cancer patients, hell one might even say why cure it? Because I want to live..........then you can say something along the lines of well I think cancer is part of nature so you should die.

And we can come to the same conclusion that you probably should have just not asked the question.

Why cure cancer......... :neutral: 15 minutes and that's all you can say, it didn't even make sense.

Wan't suppose too. Other than the fact that it could mean many different thing to different people! :wink:

That was mean saying that I wouldn't want to find a cure for cancer. :shock: I realize it wasn't intended to say that. LOL

LOL yeah I mean.......uh yeah LOL.......that was kinda mean how that came out. Sorry bout that. :grin: :grin: :grin:

FinNasty23
03-21-2006, 03:30 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

Difference, between McGahee and DC is that McGahee sat out a year then came back. DC is trying to come back, hopefully not too soon.

For the theorists that claim race, would you respect him more or less if he looked like Michael Jackson?

For the theorists that say the DC forced his way out of MN, why didn't the Vikes just step up to the podium and say, DC is under contract and we are keeping DC no matter what he is saying?

As for the Phins Phans that are worried about DC, don't as long as his knee heals, he will put up great numbers in Miami with Chambers and McMichael there. Enjoy the ride!!


Don't forget they actually have a running game too..

And a steller D!

And some actual coaching.. We had Tice and Loney and Cottrell last year! :???:

Im kinda scared of the Dolphs..

:cool:

SharperVikings
03-21-2006, 03:40 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

Difference, between McGahee and DC is that McGahee sat out a year then came back. DC is trying to come back, hopefully not too soon.

For the theorists that claim race, would you respect him more or less if he looked like Michael Jackson?

For the theorists that say the DC forced his way out of MN, why didn't the Vikes just step up to the podium and say, DC is under contract and we are keeping DC no matter what he is saying?

As for the Phins Phans that are worried about DC, don't as long as his knee heals, he will put up great numbers in Miami with Chambers and McMichael there. Enjoy the ride!!


Don't forget they actually have a running game too..

And a steller D!

And some actual coaching.. We had Tice and Loney and Cottrell last year! :???:

Im kinda scared of the Dolphs..

Your totally right! people are going to start to attack allen at cb, and just attack with the pass....don't they have pretty old lb's too??

FinNasty23
03-21-2006, 04:11 AM
"SharperVikings" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

Difference, between McGahee and DC is that McGahee sat out a year then came back. DC is trying to come back, hopefully not too soon.

For the theorists that claim race, would you respect him more or less if he looked like Michael Jackson?

For the theorists that say the DC forced his way out of MN, why didn't the Vikes just step up to the podium and say, DC is under contract and we are keeping DC no matter what he is saying?

As for the Phins Phans that are worried about DC, don't as long as his knee heals, he will put up great numbers in Miami with Chambers and McMichael there. Enjoy the ride!!


Don't forget they actually have a running game too..

And a steller D!

And some actual coaching.. We had Tice and Loney and Cottrell last year! :???:

Im kinda scared of the Dolphs..

Your totally right! people are going to start to attack allen at cb, and just attack with the pass....don't they have pretty old lb's too??

Our secondary is pretty weak... no doubt... We need to upgrade it. We will focus heavily on it in the draft. And probably add a Saftey.

Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor are kinda old, but they are still playing at a really high level... I mean, they both went to the Pro Bowl this year. Our rookie LB, Channing Crowder, is going to be a stud... and we are trying to aquire Lavar Arrington or Julian Peterson...

whackthepack
03-22-2006, 07:28 PM
"FinNasty23" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

Difference, between McGahee and DC is that McGahee sat out a year then came back. DC is trying to come back, hopefully not too soon.

For the theorists that claim race, would you respect him more or less if he looked like Michael Jackson?

For the theorists that say the DC forced his way out of MN, why didn't the Vikes just step up to the podium and say, DC is under contract and we are keeping DC no matter what he is saying?

As for the Phins Phans that are worried about DC, don't as long as his knee heals, he will put up great numbers in Miami with Chambers and McMichael there. Enjoy the ride!!


Don't forget they actually have a running game too..

And a steller D!

And some actual coaching.. We had Tice and Loney and Cottrell last year! :???:

Im kinda scared of the Dolphs..

:cool:


Your Phins do not have much of an O-line, and if Daunte is not well protected he will run right away. With the bad wheel that might no be the best situation, if he can not run he will panic and when that happens Daunte throws a lot of picks. If your team does not upgrade their line by seasons start you might not be as happy as you are now!

Del Rio
03-22-2006, 07:33 PM
As long as you guys don't boo him he will be fine. He is kind of emotional.

When he makes mistakes you need to be able to powder his ass. The signing of Kelly Campbell will help as long as he has a crew around to cusion the hard times he will be fine.

Don't boo him, don't question his mistakes and you'll have yourself a great QB.

V-Unit
03-22-2006, 07:41 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

As long as you guys don't boo him he will be fine. He is kind of emotional.

When he makes mistakes you need to be able to powder his ass. The signing of Kelly Campbell will help as long as he has a crew around to cusion the hard times he will be fine.

Don't boo him, don't question his mistakes and you'll have yourself a great QB.Yes. DO NOT BOO HIM.

singersp
03-23-2006, 03:33 AM
Just a word of caution.........

If Daunte has a great year this year or next throwing to Chris Chambers, be prepared to read threads on your Phins forum titled;

"Chambers made Culpepper" :wink:

FinNasty23
03-23-2006, 04:59 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Just a word of caution.........

If Daunte has a great year this year or next throwing to Chris Chambers, be prepared to read threads on your Phins forum titled;

"Chambers made Culpepper" :wink:

:lol: :lol: