PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite player and why ?

vikingsbenchwarmer
03-18-2006, 12:21 AM
HI my name is mike I live in Cali and I love being a vikings fan. I have favorite players that are and are not on the Vikings but I wanna know who your favorite player is on the Current Vikings Team(and why). I have a lot of them but all time favorite is Sharper. Why because he brings that intensity and has dem skillz lol them skills
nickname sharppergame
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/22/224882.jpg
I have also listed some players in the Poll and pictures
http://members.aol.com/bssheet/korrobinson.jpg
http://images.nfl.com/photos/img7803456.jpg

mnjamie
03-18-2006, 12:22 AM
The one's in purple with a viking horn on their helmet.

WBLVikeBabe
03-18-2006, 12:23 AM
Darren Sharper's my boy!!

MensaTice
03-18-2006, 12:25 AM
Goldberg- High School buddy
Kevin Williams- Beast

Sharper is climbing the list because he definitely loves beating the pukers.

VikesfaninWis
03-18-2006, 12:26 AM
I love all Vikings players. I picked Sharper though, mainly becuase of the fact that when he is on the field, there is always that chance we are getting the ball back very soon...

DCPologirl
03-18-2006, 12:26 AM
Wiggins cuz he gets the job done!

Prophet
03-18-2006, 12:35 AM
I can't say I have a favorite. I like any player that plays with intensity every game, loves the game, and is a team player.

PackSux!
03-18-2006, 12:39 AM
I picked Brad johnson because he is proven, and besides that the man caught his own touchdown pass.

DaunteHOF
03-18-2006, 02:15 AM
Daunt-I mean Darren Sharper now...

Mr. Purple
03-18-2006, 02:17 AM
Hmm Imma go with Phat Pat and D-Sharp!

NordicNed
03-18-2006, 02:22 AM
WOT took the words right out of my mouth.....Phat Pat and Sharper..

But I have to admit, whenever K-rob returned a kick last season, I was always sitting on the edge of my seat.......

Really, I enjoy almost all our players, except of Rosenthal....

MaddenVodkaAddict
03-18-2006, 02:29 AM
smoot. he's a pimp. I'm gonna call him up and we're gonna have our private party with all the strippers we can get.

CrazyVikingsFan
03-18-2006, 02:32 AM
chester taylor i am from toledo!!

elitespanky
03-18-2006, 02:35 AM
Antoine Winfield cuz hes a corner thats not afraid to make a tackle

countrygirl
03-18-2006, 02:37 AM
My sig says it all....

michaelmazid
03-18-2006, 02:40 AM
Antonine baby cause he is all heart..

JTSnow
03-18-2006, 02:45 AM
Darren Sharper cuz he's a beast, and the Vikings best player

mnrockstar
03-18-2006, 02:46 AM
Koren Robinson, the heart he has put into fb and his career this last season is very admirable. He has completely turned his life around and made his dream of making the probowl roster come true!!!

also, Troy Williamson..i see a lot of potential in the guy. i LOVE his attitude

FedjeViking
03-18-2006, 02:55 AM
"PackSux!" wrote:

I picked Brad johnson because he is proven, and besides that the man caught his own touchdown pass.

So did I, for the pass and because he brought the team together last year. His leadership is the reason we finished the season as well as we did.

ultravikingfan
03-18-2006, 03:46 AM
Can you slow down a little with the polls and empty threads?

vikingsbenchwarmer
03-18-2006, 05:04 AM
CONTINUE VOTING LET ME KNOW A LOT OF LOVE FOR SHARPER SO FAR

V4L
03-18-2006, 05:06 AM
Any Vikes player!

Although I was like the only one with love for Sharpz and K-rob from the beginning so they got a place in my heart! haha

Ltrey33
03-18-2006, 05:22 AM
I voted Antoine. I love that guy....you can always count on him to make a solid play when you need it.

V4L
03-18-2006, 05:25 AM
"ltrey33" wrote:

I voted Antoine. I love that guy....you can always count on him to make a solid play when you need it.

True dat!

Turboe
03-18-2006, 05:26 AM
Man I guess I must be out of touch, I didnt vote because the guy that might be my favorite rght now isnt on there. Erasmus James, I am looking for a big year from the Eraser this season.

SWAYZE74
03-18-2006, 05:33 AM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

word...i luv wiggins...when he makes those tough catches then jumps over a CB or safety i laugh my arse off and cheeer for my "Tub O' Poo"...he so doesnt have the typical TE build...which makes it so much cooler...

peace...

vikinggreg
03-18-2006, 05:34 AM
where are the d linemen?

I guess I'd have to say Brad as my youngest son was tagged with his name after he got his big contract in 97

But I really want to see James break Favre into little bitty packer bits

HornedHat
03-18-2006, 05:40 AM
Antoine Winfield, with a nod to Wiggins. Those guys have really played like they want to be Vikes.

vikingsbenchwarmer
03-18-2006, 05:42 AM
"Turboe" wrote:

Man I guess I must be out of touch, I didnt vote because the guy that might be my favorite rght now isnt on there. Erasmus James, I am looking for a big year from the Eraser this season.

No, I am sorry for not adding him in there, I shouldnt of also added Kevin Williams(beast)

vikingsbenchwarmer
03-18-2006, 10:39 AM
"K-Rob18" wrote:

chester taylor i am from toledo!!
Toledo huh ? Interesting lol j/k

jaymz7
03-18-2006, 10:50 AM
"countrygirl" wrote:

My sig says it all....

The question was who is your favorite current player

Sharper the guy is a difference maker.

whiteviking24
03-18-2006, 01:19 PM
"Turboe" wrote:

same here.....good pick :grin:

Freya
03-18-2006, 05:08 PM
Moe.

threepete21
03-18-2006, 05:15 PM
Sharper, he is the smartest guy (next to Longwell) because he (they) got the HELL out of GB when they saw the cheese melting!

VikingsTw
03-18-2006, 10:26 PM
Antoine Winfield, like somebody said, heart. You gotta have to want to hit somebody that hard when your only 5 9, 180 pounds. Good in coverage and a great tackler, very consistent. Good personality, good work ethic, not the type of guy to go on love boats.

Probably my favorite CB in the league.

audioghost
03-18-2006, 10:33 PM
Ever: Cris Carter...he was the best WR ever in my opinion....I have seen him make too many insane catches....for those who never saw him play, he made catches Randy Moss could only dream of....and I'm not kidding! One handed catches like no one else in history...the best EVER...

Now: Darren Sharper or Koren Robinson....I love to watch Sharper pick off weak QB's week in and week out...and I can't wait to see K-Rob run back kickoffs....he's the man!

PurplePeopleEaters89
03-18-2006, 10:57 PM
I dont see an "other" button so i would have to say Bryant Mckinnie!! He has stayed the most consistent on the offensive line his whole career and did the best last season on the broken line we had!!! But my first pick was Pat Williams!!! He should have gone to the pro bowl, but he was a force in the middle and he took up so much space, it was hard to run up the middle with the Williams bros and he would chase down running backs from behind on sweep or toss plays!! He is the most athletic d-lineman we had last year!!!

ultravikingfan
03-18-2006, 11:05 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

Ever: Cris Carter

Got that right bro!

vikingsbenchwarmer
03-19-2006, 12:56 AM
Sharper in the lead, anybody gonna contest him ?

collegeguyjeff
03-19-2006, 01:58 AM
i hate the fact he is an ex packer but i still love it cause we have him. i voted for sharper cause he plays good every game and i just love to watch him pick people off, and he's good at grabbing peoples ankles while he's on the ground and tackling them from behind.

stjmnsota
03-19-2006, 10:11 PM
I like Brad. He has earned his way up the ladder by dedication and hard work. He was a later round pick, sat on the bench at 4th string, then 3rd then 2nd then starter. Maybe he hasn't been stellar or exciting to watch, but he is consistent and has always given his team the chance to win.

He has had to fight past being traded, infured, playing in NFL Europe Winning a Superbowl then getting benched, and instead of crying about it, he works harder and keep coming back to play at the top of the game.

How can you not love a guy that has truley earned his spot on the team and deserves more respect than he has been shown. IMO, the day the Vikes announced they were going to trade Brad and keep Cunningham, I was ticked. I don't disagree with keeping Cunninham as our starter (he was playing excellent), but I had a feeling that he was going to be a one year wonder,where I thought Brad could have been our starter as he is today and since the day he left Minnesota how many years ago.

Think about this. If Daunte was the starter and was injured as Brad was (having a pretty good season up to the injury), then Cunningham comes in and has the season he had. When Daunte was healthy, would he be back as the starter? Or would they have kept Cunningham in as they did? Hmmm. Seems to me the Vikes had to baby Duante as to not hurt his feelings the whole time he was here.

fromos
03-20-2006, 08:59 PM
Brad Johnson because he's proof that skill and determination is just as important as talent. Green lets him go for Cunningham of all people and he wins a Superbowl 5 yrs later. It's nice to have him back.

McKinnie would have to be my least favorite right now, because he's shown himself to currently be the biggest malcontent on the team.

Del Rio
03-20-2006, 09:08 PM
A handfull of those players have barely even been a Viking for one year, and are the player of the month picks.

I can't vote becuase there is no "other" option.

DCPologirl
03-20-2006, 09:08 PM
"SWAYZE74" wrote:

"DCPologirl" wrote:

word...i luv wiggins...when he makes those tough catches then jumps over a CB or safety i laugh my arse off and cheeer for my "Tub O' Poo"...he so doesnt have the typical TE build...which makes it so much cooler...

peace...

That's excatly why I love him so much...you hit it right on the head! I get so excited when he does that lol...I call him Egore.

DarrinNelsonguy
03-20-2006, 09:09 PM
My favorite current Vikings player is Matt Birk and my favorite Viking player ever is obvious it's Darrin Nelson.

Mr-holland
03-20-2006, 09:11 PM
Mine ain't in the list...
C Matt Birk
DT Pat williams
Why?
Because they rock!

briboy75
03-20-2006, 09:30 PM
This is depressing.. i'll probably get flamed for this, but like the one receiver we had a couple years ago and that qb we just got rid of more then anyone on your list... there are some talented guys on that list but no one who dominates like some of the players in our recent past... *sigh*

DCPologirl
03-20-2006, 09:32 PM
"briboy75" wrote:

This is depressing.. i'll probably get flamed for this, but like the one receiver we had a couple years ago and that qb we just got rid of more then anyone on your list... there are some talented guys on that list but no one who dominates like some of the players in our recent past... *sigh*

LOL look at my top 10 list ! I'm not gonna flame ya

PAvikesfan
03-20-2006, 09:50 PM
wiggins, pat williams, brad johnson, darren sharper

SharperVikings
03-21-2006, 03:05 AM
"countrygirl" wrote:

My sig says it all....

So does mine! :lol: