PDA

View Full Version : Vince Wilfork

VKG4LFE
07-19-2004, 04:37 PM
Today, it is being reported, that 1st round draft pick Vince Wilfork DL from Miami, and the Patriots have agreed to a six year deal!! Hopefully the rest of the 1st rounders will start signing!!

vikings_fan66
07-19-2004, 04:41 PM
hopefully very soon

triedandtruevikesfan
07-19-2004, 04:49 PM
I have my fingers crossed that there won't be any hold outs this year. I want to be an agent. That would be a fun job!

VKG4LFE
07-19-2004, 04:51 PM
Not only would it be fun, but you would be rich, just for negotiating a contract. I realize that somtimes contract negotiations get difficult, but man making 10% of some of these signed contracts!! You could make a living negotiation 1 huge contract, that would be nice!!

triedandtruevikesfan
07-19-2004, 04:57 PM
I know huh? Too bad people think of agents as slime. Also, I don't think I've ever heard of a woman agent in the NFL... maybe I could be the first 1!

VKG4LFE
07-19-2004, 05:02 PM
I know, look at Jerry McGuire, was he slime?? Well maybe in the beginning but not at the end. The only slimy agent in that movie was the other guy, who I can't remember his name. Maybe you could be the first female agent, you never know, that is if that's what you want to do!!

enlvikeman
07-19-2004, 06:42 PM
I just hope none of our 4th round selections hold out this year!

josdin00
07-20-2004, 10:02 AM
I've also heard that Wilfork, who the Pats selected with the 21st pick, one slot after the Vikes picked up Udeze, signed a deal that is way above what the 21st pick got last year. This will likely inflate the values of the 20 picks before him, due to the slotting system, and may make it tough for the other teams to negotiate their deals.

SKOL
07-20-2004, 10:15 AM
Stupid Pats, what were they thinking? This has first round holdouts written all over it. Udeze will never take a deal for less money than the guy taken after him. By the way, Josdin, where'd you get the helmet? lol

josdin00
07-20-2004, 01:49 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

Stupid Pats, what were they thinking? This has first round holdouts written all over it. Udeze will never take a deal for less money than the guy taken after him. By the way, Josdin, where'd you get the helmet? lol

I created it. I just thought it'd be fun to come up with an alternate look.

vikings_fan66
07-20-2004, 01:54 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

I have my fingers crossed that there won't be any hold outs this year. I want to be an agent. That would be a fun job!

It would be a pretty sweet gig.

purplepat
07-20-2004, 04:14 PM
I'll look for the details later, but don't get freaked out by the Wilfork contract. The money figures ARE similar to last years, but the exception is that the Patriots added some VERY LUCRATIVE escalator clauses to the final years of the contract that could push the total value way up there...so essentially if Wilfork produces like a first round draft pick should in years 5 and 6, he'll be getting paid what he's worth rather than making cheap bucks on a deal he signed as a rookie.

I'm sure it is very similar to those LTBE (likely to be earned) incentives that were a part of a lot of Vikings contracts last year that, when they weren't met, resulted in the Vikings being 33 million under the cap this season.

TEXPACK
07-21-2004, 08:31 AM
Wilfork is a stud. He is probably the second comming of Warren Sapp. The Pats defense gets stronger and stronger. Who's going to beat these guys? Especially if they get a running game?

His contract doesn't seem out of line, I am certain he will earn it.

VKG4LFE
07-21-2004, 10:34 AM
Yeah, the pats will be tough again this year, and I think they will break Miami's record of consecutive wins and I believe they will have to do it in Miami! THose NFL schedule makers are brilliant, aren't they!! I can see the storylines already!!