PDA

View Full Version : Vikings | Wilf and Culpepper trade shots

Prophet
03-16-2006, 08:38 PM
KFFL
Vikings | Wilf and Culpepper trade shots
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:35:30 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Miami Dolphins QB Daunte Culpepper and Minnesota Vikings owner Zygi Wilf blamed each other for the way Culpepper's career in Minnesota came to an end. Culpepper said, "Up until March 6, I felt I was going to be a Minnesota Viking. It really wasn't about money. It was about the principle of the whole thing. The way I see myself is way more important than any dollar amount that someone can throw at me." Wilf claims, "We tried everything to have him be our leader. But it seemed like a lot of things that happened last year, between the injury and the (Love Boat) incident, he felt it was time to move on. … His attitude has been building up since we asked him to work out up here. He decided, against everyone's suggestion, that he was going to do things independently on his own."

whackthepack
03-16-2006, 08:43 PM
Mark Rosen said on Kfan this morning that the Vikings had mailed him a laptop with the playbook on it to start studying for the WCO because he refused to come here to rehab and learn the system. The Vikings can monitor the laptop's use, Daunte did not open the laptop once! He never planned on returning here, except to go to court for the love boat!

Prophet
03-16-2006, 08:50 PM
Like summarized in an earlier post:

1. The management's feelings were hurt.
2. Daunte's feelings were hurt.
3. No reconciliation took place.
4. Daunte was traded.

End of story.

RK.
03-16-2006, 08:51 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

Mark Rosen said on Kfan this morning that the Vikings had mailed him a laptop with the playbook on it to start studying for the WCO because he refused to come here to rehab and learn the system. The Vikings can monitor the laptop's use, Daunte did not open the laptop once! He never planned on returning here, except to go to court for the love boat!
That doesn't surprise me. :roll:

Mr. Purple
03-16-2006, 08:52 PM
Exactly, and now we need to move on. Pouting and moping around wont bring back Daunte and Moss. We as "Viking" fans just gotta move on.

Del Rio
03-16-2006, 08:55 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

That is pretty big.

Who is Mark Rosen?

vikingTurf
03-16-2006, 09:10 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

That is pretty big.

Who is Mark Rosen?
He is one of the sports news caster in a local tv afiliate.

Del Rio
03-16-2006, 09:14 PM
"vikingTurf" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

That is pretty big.

Who is Mark Rosen?

Any reason to not believe him?

xvikingfan
03-16-2006, 09:15 PM
Hmmm,his attitude had been building up cuz they asked him to work out in Minnesota.Let's see$102 mllion contract,didn't play most of last season,wanted a bigger bonus and stunk up the field last year.For $102 million dollars,i'd workout wherever they asked me too.Goodbye and good riddens.

bleedpurple27
03-16-2006, 09:18 PM
Mark Rosen has been around the Twin cities and the Vikings for a very long time...I'm sure he would be "in the know".

triedandtruevikesfan
03-16-2006, 09:20 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"vikingTurf" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

That is pretty big.

Who is Mark Rosen?

None, he is very respectable.

AngloVike
03-16-2006, 09:20 PM
Apparently Daunte was going to fix his trade request to a football and throw it to Zygi himself... unfortunately Zygi prevented this by standing next to a barn door which stopped Pep's plan in his tracks .... hence why he resorted to using e-mails and a ghost writer :lol:

Del Rio
03-16-2006, 09:23 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

"vikingTurf" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

That is pretty big.

Who is Mark Rosen?

That's pretty insane.

Thanks for the info. Being in Utah I don't get to see who you can trust or who is always lying in the Minnesota media.

I find that story very telling.

olson_10
03-16-2006, 09:29 PM
yah, u can trust rosey..he is the local CBS affiliate's sports guy and he appears on a local radio show every day hosted by Paul Allen..id definitely believe it, because rosen seems to have a lot of respect from vikings players and management because he always gets alot of them to agree to do interviews with him

stjmnsota
03-16-2006, 09:32 PM
CPep is out of line. He made the contract, play like crap and then got hurt. Messed up on the Boat, Refused to work out and rehabilitate in MN and then has the nerve to ask for more?

Culpepper doesn't want to take any blame for himself. If I were the Vikes, I would have told him to get screwed a long time ago. I am not a Cpep fan and wanted him gone, but did hope he could turn himself around wherever he went, but now I really can't stand him. This puts him beyond T.O. in my opinion. At least T.O. can produce.

DCPologirl
03-16-2006, 09:34 PM
It doesn't change the fact that it is a very very bad trade.

Del Rio
03-16-2006, 09:38 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

Well I think the choices were limited. I mean if you have a QB who doesn't want to play on your team, doesn't want to learn the system, and asks for a trade or to be cut.

I mean that's money you could be spending on someone who can help us now. So what do they do? Cut him or trade him.

I don't think there is any way we get more then a 2nd round pick. That second round pick may end up being a future HOF we have no idea.

It sucks for the fans, I don't really see any other option.

Benet
03-16-2006, 09:41 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

I don't think it was, to be honest. We were never going to get a First rounder for him, and I'm surprised the Dolphins didn't hold out and make us accept a conditional pick, because there was nobody else who was willing to trade for him. It was certainly a buyers market but the Vikes held firm and did really well.

It's all relative; the Colts and the Seahawks couldn't get 2nd rounders for Edge James (who just got a $30 million deal with $11.5 million guaranteed after consistent seasons of 1500 yards or more) and Shaun Alexander (who just got a $62 million deal with $15.1 million guaranteed after consistent seasons of between 1000 and 1500 yards and over a baker's dozen TD's per year) respectively. To me, that says the value of a 2nd round pick.

vikingTurf
03-16-2006, 09:42 PM
These Culpepper-to-Media emails are getting pretty boring now, maybe I am starting to lose respect for the guy, especially in light of this news about that laptop thing and all.

DarrinNelsonguy
03-16-2006, 09:43 PM
Terry Bradshaw rips Culpepper!

Here is a link to it in another chat site:

http://rubechat.kfan.com/forums/184729/ShowPost.aspx

DCPologirl
03-16-2006, 09:45 PM
"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

wow

stjmnsota
03-16-2006, 09:46 PM
I agree. Vikes had no choice and what is wrong with a second rounder? There are fans talking about the Vikes packaging their second rounder (plus some) to move up in the draft. So it must be worth something.

Besides, really look at CPeps career. He hasn't won that many games. I could give a crap less about the stats of 2004 or how good of an athlete he is. I want a QB who wins, no matter how dull and boring that may be.

Then take into consideration his injury and how he handled that then the boat thing and how he cried discrimination, and now how he cries about his contract.

I was jumping up and down when they said the Vikes got a second rounder for him. I surely thought no one would want him or they would wait for the Vikes to be forced to release him. I would have given our second rounder to someone to take CPep off our hands.

RK.
03-16-2006, 09:46 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

DC..no one was offering any more for him and the few that were interested were mostly offering less. If Brees hadn't gone to the Saints we would have just had to cut him and get nothing. You can't pay a guy 6 million dollars that doesn't want to play for you and is making no effort to be part of the team. I guarantee if we had kept him he would be holding out of training camp till we just let him go. I think he made up his mind to leave when he got charged for the love boat scandal. The fact that we got anything for him makes it a good trade in my book. :wink:

DCPologirl
03-16-2006, 09:47 PM
"RK." wrote:

"DCPologirl" wrote:

DC..no one was offering any more for him and the few that were interested were mostly offering less. If Brees hadn't gone to the Saints we would have just had to cut him and get nothing. You can't pay a guy 6 million dollars that doesn't want to play for you and is making no effort to be part of the team. I guarantee if we had kept him he would be holding out of training camp till we just let him go. I think he made up his mind to leave when he got charged for the love boat scandal. The fact that we got anything for him makes it a good trade in my book. :wink:

what about the fact that he said he would honor his contract if we didn't release him?

Prophet
03-16-2006, 09:49 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"DCPologirl" wrote:

Well I think the choices were limited. I mean if you have a QB who doesn't want to play on your team, doesn't want to learn the system, and asks for a trade or to be cut.

I mean that's money you could be spending on someone who can help us now. So what do they do? Cut him or trade him.

I don't think there is any way we get more then a 2nd round pick. That second round pick may end up being a future HOF we have no idea.

It sucks for the fans, I don't really see any other option.

"benet" wrote:

I don't think it was, to be honest. We were never going to get a First rounder for him, and I'm surprised the Dolphins didn't hold out and make us accept a conditional pick, because there was nobody else who was willing to trade for him. It was certainly a buyers market but the Vikes held firm and did really well.

It's all relative; the Colts and the Seahawks couldn't get 2nd rounders for Edge James (who just got a $30 million deal with $11.5 million guaranteed after consistent seasons of 1500 yards or more) and Shaun Alexander (who just got a $62 million deal with $15.1 million guaranteed after consistent seasons of between 1000 and 1500 yards and over a baker's dozen TD's per year) respectively. To me, that says the value of a 2nd round pick.

The problem is only perceived by some fans regarding the value of the trade. It was a market value trade at this point of time racing against a $6M+ deadline of March 24 for a player that didn't want to be on the team. The trade value was at market value. The perception of what he was worth and the reality of what he was worth were two different things to many people. Simple as that.

PAvikesfan
03-16-2006, 09:50 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

KFFL
Vikings | Wilf and Culpepper trade shots
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:35:30 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Miami Dolphins QB Daunte Culpepper and Minnesota Vikings owner Zygi Wilf blamed each other for the way Culpepper's career in Minnesota came to an end. Culpepper said, "Up until March 6, I felt I was going to be a Minnesota Viking. It really wasn't about money. It was about the principle of the whole thing. The way I see myself is way more important than any dollar amount that someone can throw at me." Wilf claims, "We tried everything to have him be our leader. But it seemed like a lot of things that happened last year, between the injury and the (Love Boat) incident, he felt it was time to move on. … His attitude has been building up since we asked him to work out up here. He decided, against everyone's suggestion, that he was going to do things independently on his own."

this mini-article basically explains the whole thing. Childress and wilf wanted him to join the team and work out by his team and staff, culp didn't want to probably because of the incident and wanted to remove himself from that bad press. Wilf got hurt that he didn't do what the owner asked. Culp got mad because the first thing childress was saying is that brad and himself would duke it out for the starting spot. Culp took a shot to his ego...enormous ego. then wanted out. Let's face it, if Brad didn't play so well after he got hurt, Culp would still have a good attitude and would still be on the vikings. Culp wanted the vikes to fail without him and when they didn't he felt worthless. which now he is. a self-fullfilling prophecy. Culp is a delicate flower and our new staff was a weed wacker.

i have no problems with the trade. a 2nd rounder is compensation enough.

Freakout
03-16-2006, 09:51 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

Blame Pep for that. When he went public with his demand it killed any leverage the team had. I'm shocked they were able to get a 2nd round pick.

Del Rio
03-16-2006, 09:52 PM
I wouldn't say Bradshaw lit him up. I do agree with him though on some things.

I don't think Daunte will be ready to play, and I don't think he is really that great.

Leadership? I don't think he has shown he has it. I wouldn't justify that by using the boat though, I would try to show how he lacks the ability to command the team consistantly and win from behind.

I do disagree with him on the Dolphins fans though. I think they have every right to be excited they got a good deal. That and for a long time they have had no name half ass QB's on their team, now they have something better if he gets healthy.

AngloVike
03-16-2006, 09:56 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

"RK." wrote:

"DCPologirl" wrote:

what about the fact that he said he would honor his contract if we didn't release him?

but he may have wanted to honour it in the same as TO did with the Eagles and started to be nothing but a pain in the butt in the locker room. Once he started to start trying to upset the team spirit then his fate was sealed as he made it clear that he wanted out.
New regime in place in Winter Park and they had to show everyone who was running the team - and it wasn't the QB whether he was a franchise QB or not

PatWilliamsBelly
03-16-2006, 09:57 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

I do disagree with him on the Dolphins fans though. I think they have every right to be excited they got a good deal. That and for a long time they have had no name half jiggly butt QB's on their team, now they have something better if he gets healthy.

Most definetly... I mean there isn't any doubting that he's better than Jay Feidler, Brian Greise, Ray Lucas, Sage Rosenfels or Gus Frerotte... even if he only has 1 and a half legs :lol:

NordicNed
03-16-2006, 09:58 PM
Just dropped in,

If the story about the laptop is a fact, thats enough right there to tell you, Pep didn't give a crap anymore......Team Leader? MY ASS.

He's had a major attitude since the new coach has come in, maybe he thought something was finaly going to be demanded of him?..

Oh thats right, poor Pep couldn't get to the laptop because the mail man left it at the front step, Pep couldn't hobble over to the door and get it himself.

The more I think about it, the more I'm happy he's off the team now. I really don't care if we got anything at all for him at this point.

Our biggest return alone was we dumped a player with a "my way or nothing attitude"....Thats the way I see it.

PERIOD

Ltrey33
03-16-2006, 10:09 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

"vikingTurf" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

That is pretty big.

Who is Mark Rosen?

That's pretty insane.

Thanks for the info. Being in Utah I don't get to see who you can trust or who is always lying in the Minnesota media.

:shock: Wow!

Benet
03-16-2006, 10:10 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

He said that for 2 reasons:

i) To try and gain the high ground in the inevitable PR war between himself and the Vikings. By saying he would honour his contract regardless of the outcome, he was covering his bases in case of the worst-case scenario, (both for him and the Vikes), that he would return to the Vikings. However, it was obvious how empty those words were when not 2 paragraphs before that in the "infamous email" he demanded to be traded or released.

ii) He was due $8 million this year, $6 million in one hit! Who wouldn't want to honour that?!

Basically, Daunte had emotionally checked out of Minnesota LONG AGO. The fact the Vikes got a 2nd rounder for a guy who would have been cut in weeks' time is a bonus. It's as Prophet said; it was a market-value trade. Nothing more.

stjmnsota
03-16-2006, 10:27 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

Just dropped in,

If the story about the laptop is a fact, thats enough right there to tell you, Pep didn't give a crap anymore......Team Leader? MY jiggly butt.

He's had a major attitude since the new coach has come in, maybe he thought something was finaly going to be demanded of him?..

Oh thats right, poor Pep couldn't get to the laptop because the mail man left it at the front step, Pep couldn't hobble over to the door and get it himself.

The more I think about it, the more I'm happy he's off the team now. I really don't care if we got anything at all for him at this point.

Our biggest return alone was we dumped a player with a "my way or nothing attitude"....Thats the way I see it.

PERIOD

I agree. Daunte is spoiled. That was proven when the coaches NEVER BENCHED HIM. I know , I know. It may hurt the QBs feelings and he needs to learn to fight through adversity. But there comes a point when a coach has to say, SIT DOWN , then send in the back up. Daunte could have learned a lot by watching from the sidelines. But as I have said before, he is above learning from someone lesser than himself.

DarrinNelsonguy
03-16-2006, 10:29 PM
"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

If the laptop story is true and I would not doubt it then Mr. Bradshaw is right in his assessment of Daunte.

RK.
03-16-2006, 10:35 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

He was going to honor a contract that he was trying to change because he felt it was cheating him? Yeah right. :roll: What he meant was if they make me play under this contract I suppose I will have no choice but to drag my ass out on the field and try not to let my disappointment affect my game. :roll:

whackthepack
03-16-2006, 11:55 PM
"PatWilliamsBelly" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

I do disagree with him on the Dolphins fans though. I think they have every right to be excited they got a good deal. That and for a long time they have had no name half jiggly butt QB's on their team, now they have something better if he gets healthy.

Most definetly... I mean there isn't any doubting that he's better than Jay Feidler, Brian Greise, Ray Lucas, Sage Rosenfels or Gus Frerotte... even if he only has 1 and a half legs :lol:

I thought Ultra banned you yesterday?

whackthepack
03-17-2006, 12:00 AM
"ltrey33" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

"vikingTurf" wrote:

That is pretty big.

Who is Mark Rosen?

That's pretty insane.

:shock: Wow!

Rosey is one of the most respected sports guys in town, has been a sports anchor here for almost 30 year and he is only in his early 50's!

I would take his word on it, he said he was told from somebody at winter Park directly!

He said it this morning on the Mike Morris's (superstar) show on Kfan, Mike is a former long snapper for the Vikings. He had a commercial years back were he snaps the cat out of the window or door, I forget which!

ultravikingfan
03-17-2006, 12:04 AM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"PatWilliamsBelly" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

I thought Ultra banned you yesterday?

He's ok.

DaunteHOF
03-17-2006, 12:09 AM
I doubt that with the laptop thing, DC wouldnt have done that

Prophet
03-17-2006, 12:14 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

So you are agreeing, he did not study the playbook. That is the point. I'll believe Mark Rosen, I remember listening to him when I lived in MN, back in 1981. He has been a stand-up guy for decades.

revprodeji
03-17-2006, 12:21 AM
laptops are hard to understand. maybe Culpepper was waiting for linehan to come hold his hand and walk him thru the start up direction, and perhaps he needed birk, dixon, mcdaniel, Mckinnie, Jesus Christ, and budda to defend against viruses. Or maybe moss to go deep and plug the cord in?

ultravikingfan
03-17-2006, 12:22 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

In 1984 I never thought Michael Jackson would sleep with little boys.

Anything can happen.

audioghost
03-17-2006, 12:27 AM
Who cares if Wilf and Culpepper trade shots?

I hate how the media turns everything into a soap opera....

I'm a man, I could give a flip about this....

I cared about the trade, but its done...

I just hope its not 'Randy Moss' all over again, with the media covering the Vikings in training camp only to ask every player possible about how the team is going to go on without Culpepper

Who gives a rip, Pepper or not, the team will go on, and that is the past

The media is so fricken desperate for material this time of year....

whackthepack
03-17-2006, 12:30 AM
"revprodeji" wrote:

laptops are hard to understand. maybe Culpepper was waiting for linehan to come hold his hand and walk him thru the start up direction, and perhaps he needed birk, dixon, mcdaniel, Mckinnie, Holy Bones!, and budda to defend against viruses. Or maybe moss to go deep and plug the cord in?

seems to know how to email every person in the world!

audioghost
03-17-2006, 12:30 AM
Fluck Culpepper....I can't believe that he didn't open the laptop once

Good riddence Daunte

Del Rio
03-17-2006, 12:34 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"DaunteHOF" wrote:

In 1984 I never thought Michael Jackson would sleep with little boys.

Anything can happen.

LMAO!!!!

You crack me up man.

revprodeji
03-17-2006, 12:39 AM
I have a random question...I typed "jesus christ" and it turned to "holy bones" in the post...why is that?

Del rio and some others can support me here, Im a theology student so I did not mean anything in vain. Just that pepper needs perfect protection to play

Prophet
03-17-2006, 12:46 AM
"revprodeji" wrote:

...Im a theology student so I did not mean anything in vain. Just that pepper needs perfect protection to play

That statement would be in-vain to some people on this site.

FedjeViking
03-17-2006, 12:55 AM
I think the Eagles are better off without TO. But I don't
think the Vikings are better off without Culpepper. Culpepper
just hasn't been a problem until very recently, and I think
he'll come back healthy and will be a dominant force in the
league again.

So I guess that means that if the team forced him out I'm
upset with them, but if he wanted out no matter what then
I'm upset with Duante.

Either way I think we're worse off without him. But I guess
what's done is done and it's time to move on.

Accents
03-17-2006, 01:50 AM
In case this hasn't been posted elsewhere........

Culpepper's full email to the press.
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/14114250.htm?source=rss&channel=twincities_football

Culpepper's press conference in Miami
http://www.thestate.com/mld/miamiherald/news/14108194.htm?source=rss&channel=miamiherald_news

Culpepper, meanwhile, said he made his decision to demand a trade out of Minnesota when the Vikings didn't provide 'clarity' about his future there.

Yet Wilf says
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/dolphins/2006-03-16-culpepper_x.htm?csp=34

"We thought we could find a way in which we could get Daunte to work with us," Vikings owner Zygi Wilf told the Star Tribune for a story published Thursday, "and to get into the plan that we were trying to put together for our future. With everything he had gone through this past year, the injury and the incidents and everything else, getting rid of his agent, it just seemed to me that in his mind he wanted to make a change in his life and in his career. ... We tried everything we could do to accommodate, but it didn't seem like he was interested in staying a Viking."

Miami's expectations of Culpepper

bring us the trophy of Vince Lombardi. On a platter.
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/14110049.htm?source=rss&channel=miamiherald_football

How big a foot did Culpepper stick in his mouth? I am wondering about Culpepper's legacy with the Vikings and future .... Is he burning bridges with Vikings fans?

So far, Culpepper has managed to kill any lucrative advertising deals with the Love Boat incident. With Culpepper's latest emails and demand to be traded or cut, is he is making the Vikings fans hate him? He has probably spent the best years of his career with the Vikings and now he is burning bridges with the fans. There are many former Viking players that are revered and will always be remembered like Chris Carter and others. Culpepper may well be remembered in Viking land for the Love Boat incident and his "Cut me or Trade me" antics rather than his performance as a QB.

Accents

revprodeji
03-17-2006, 01:53 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

"revprodeji" wrote:

...Im a theology student so I did not mean anything in vain. Just that pepper needs perfect protection to play

care to explain..im curious

ultravikingfan
03-17-2006, 01:55 AM
"revprodeji" wrote:

I have a random question...I typed "Holy Bones!" and it turned to "holy bones" in the post...why is that?

Del rio and some others can support me here, Im a theology student so I did not mean anything in vain. Just that pepper needs perfect protection to play

Its a word censor.

Just like when somebody types the "A-word" it replaces it with ass.

umaguma1979
03-17-2006, 02:20 AM
I think its like Wilf said.......Daunte went through a lot of crap this past year and decided he needed a new start.

if I went through the trials and tribulations Culpepper is going through right now, i think I would want a fresh start.

That being said, it is sad to see Culpepper go......kinda reminds me of the day we released our last franchise Qb - Tommy Kramer.

michaelmazid
03-17-2006, 02:23 AM
"whackthepack" wrote:

R U SERIOUS? what an A hole daunte is. Good Ridenze cancer. Daunte will never win or go to the playoffs in the hardcore AFC. Good luck Warrn Moon Jr.

FedjeViking
03-17-2006, 02:38 AM
:lol: The top four reasons DC wanted to leave the Vikings are.....

1) Upgrade from boats ... to cruises!
2) He's hoping that nobody heard of that boat ride over there.
3) If you're injured, it's better sitting in the Florida sun than the Minnesota cold.
4) CUBA has no extradition agreement with the U.S.

purplepride818
03-17-2006, 03:05 AM
fuck him. i find it odd he cut 5 mill of his deal for miami, but wanted a pay raise in minnesota, maybe its because he planned the whole thing from the start.

Del Rio
03-17-2006, 03:12 AM
"revprodeji" wrote:

I have a random question...I typed "Holy Bones!" and it turned to "holy bones" in the post...why is that?

Your cool Rev, some times the word filter goes wacko. I think my favorite word in the world is damn, and the damn filter changes the damn thing, it doesn't even make any damn sense what it changes it to, it's really a damn shame.

modena11
03-17-2006, 05:50 AM
i don't doubt Rosen, he is the messenger.

but the fact that this came out after culpepper was traded sets some doubt in my mind.

it is easy for culpepper to throw words around just as it is easy for management to leak stories. i know they wouldn't release this story before he was traded because that wouldn't have helped his stock but i need more proof.

maybe more to this story will develop in the coming days, but in all honesty daunte is gone, i wish this story would just go to bed. i don't wanna keep re-hashing it everyday.

olson_10
03-17-2006, 06:04 AM
"purplepride818" wrote:

F!!ck him. i find it odd he cut 5 mill of his deal for miami, but wanted a pay raise in minnesota, maybe its because he planned the whole thing from the start.
got that right

vikinggreg
03-17-2006, 06:23 AM
"audioghost" wrote:

Fluck Culpepper....I can't believe that he didn't open the laptop once

Good riddence Daunte

Daunte thought it was one of those new Playstation ultra thin units, he found how to open the cd and thought the games went there but was waiting for the gamepads and wires to connect to his plasma.

He was also waiting for the new WCO playbook in a madden version for the ps.

This will be his next email apology emailed to the press, "I'm sorry I was stupid; it was a laptop on the boat that got me in trouble."

:wink:

Prophet
03-17-2006, 08:37 AM
"revprodeji" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"revprodeji" wrote:

care to explain..im curious

I was referring to the "Just that pepper needs perfect protection to play" part of the quote, not the theology student part. There are enough Daunte threads around to figure that out.

olson_10
03-17-2006, 08:49 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

i didnt think daunte would grab a strippers a$$ on a boat, but he did..you have got to get over it dude..the guy is gone, he screwed up..you have to let up on the defense a little bit since the evidence seems to be revealing more and more of daunte's dark side

njpurple
03-17-2006, 02:00 PM
F_CULPEPPER

singersp
03-17-2006, 03:10 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

Did anyone else here this or is there a link?

This is the only mention of this story which is pretty huge, yet I haven't seen any other mention of it anywhere else except in the forums on Kfan & the mention Rosen said it;

Rosen on Daunte

Supposedly(getting this from vu) the vikes sent him a laptop with the playbook on it and they were able to monitor it.They said it was never opened.NICE

Purple Chat: Rosen on Daunte (http://rubechat.kfan.com/forums/182338/ShowPost.aspx)

If it were true, I would expect it would have been at least mentioned by other media outlets, if even to quote Rosen. But I haven't see it.

Has anyone hear seen it on anything they have read. If so, please provide the link.

I'm finding it difficult to believe. If the Vikings were actively trading Culpepper, why would they mail him the playbook on a laptop?

Wouldn't that mean that Culpepper & the Dolphins now have our playbook?

Prophet
03-17-2006, 03:17 PM
"singersp" wrote:

Wouldn't that mean that Culpepper & the Dolphins now have our playbook?

I'm guessing that he would have to log onto a server to access the information. That portal is shut down. At least I hope that would be the case.

V4L
03-17-2006, 03:31 PM
Some reason I find this a little fishy.. Just doesn't seem 100 percent correct

vikingsbenchwarmer
03-18-2006, 11:31 AM
"stjmnsota" wrote:

CPep is out of line. He made the contract, play like crap and then got hurt. Messed up on the Boat, Refused to work out and rehabilitate in MN and then has the nerve to ask for more?

Culpepper doesn't want to take any blame for himself. If I were the Vikes, I would have told him to get screwed a long time ago. I am not a Cpep fan and wanted him gone, but did hope he could turn himself around wherever he went, but now I really can't stand him. This puts him beyond T.O. in my opinion. At least T.O. can produce.I like how you put it. Culpepper is a has been. Moss was his only escape route. Yeah he will have Chambers and now Campbell but he wont do as good, his best playing days are behind him. Sorry Pepper, its true. You deserve it anyways. you are not a good leader, you fumble the ball like its oily spaghetti lol A backup did better than you 7-2 compared 2-5. I am glad you got your wish to go back and try to get out of Marino's shadow

freaky
03-18-2006, 11:39 AM
the best players in the world are egotistical & daunte is no different. last year was an aberration & he'll prove that at miami. he's never been a faultless player but he has incredible passing skills & the ability to weave through the tightest traffic. he made so many enemies with the way he handled himself this last few months, but let's not forget his real ability.

vikingsbenchwarmer
03-18-2006, 12:08 PM
In that interview, I agree with Bradshaw all the way. Daunte is washed up

njpurple
03-18-2006, 01:33 PM
f-pepper

singersp
03-18-2006, 03:05 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

Here's a part of an article that contradicts Mark Rosen's statement. A statement I still haven't seen published anywhere.

Posted on Sat, Mar. 18, 2006

Culpepper keeps wounds fresh

BY SEAN JENSEN
Pioneer Press

Daunte Culpepper said his goodbye to Minnesota in an e-mail on Friday.
But an interview he conducted with ESPN on Wednesday continues to keep his wounded relationship with the Vikings fresh.

In sound bites aired Friday night on SportsCenter, Culpepper said he never talked to the Vikings as a football player, bolstering his point by noting that his request for a playbook was denied.

"For whatever reason, I didn't get it. So you just look at it and say, what's going on?" Culpepper said.

Asked what that indicated to him, Culpepper said, "I mean, I didn't want to jump to conclusions. But all I can say is, you know, I ended up getting traded, so maybe it was already in the works, and I didn't know it."

Culpepper said the Vikings never understood that he was speaking to them as an agent, not a player.

"I know for a fact that things were being said about me that weren't true and are not true now," he said.

Asked for an example, he said, "You know, me barging out of the building, me going in there demanding for things. Mr. (Zygi) Wilf quoted me in the newspaper saying that I did not ask for a dime extra. I just wanted some clarity on the situation."

Culpepper said the Vikings did not communicate with him, and he noted that the Dolphins accommodated his request to "move my money so they won't have to take the salary-cap hit."

Culpepper keeps wounds fresh (http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/14127536.htm)

mogwai
03-18-2006, 03:21 PM
so i guess that means whatever pep says is true...gimme a break

Prophet
03-18-2006, 03:29 PM
Culpepper is a cornered rat. Trying to redeem his tarnished image in MN. Give it up. Move on. What he does the next few years will define his career.

singersp
03-18-2006, 03:34 PM
"mogwai" wrote:

so i guess that means whatever pep says is true...gimme a break

Notice he didn't mention anything about what Rosen said about the lap top. Like I said, I haven't seen anything in print about DC receiving a laptop with the play book to substantiate it.

Has anyone? If so, provide a link.

V4L
03-18-2006, 05:54 PM
I don't believe the lap top deal.. No im pretty sure it didn't happen.. That's big news and someone would have reported it.. Screw Rosen..

I got Pep's back on this one.. To say he is all about the money is bunk.. He offered to restructure his contract to give us less of a cap hit and our steller FO declined to do anything..

He asked for a playbook and they didn't give him one.. For some reason I believe it.. That just shows they wanted him out

Del Rio
03-18-2006, 05:59 PM
Lets say for a moment C-pep is not greedy. He was not repeatedly asking Wilf for more money.

Why if he was a team player, not being greedy, and wanted to cooperate and learn the sysetem, why did the ownership want him out?

Do you think they simply didn't like him? That's a lot of jersey sales to throw away, a lot of fans to piss off over somethings stupid like that.

It wasn't the money, I mean he wasn't exactly busting the bank.

His value was low so it wasn't trade value.

Why would they get rid of him, if he wasn't causing problems? Seriously think about it for a minute.

V4L
03-18-2006, 06:07 PM
I think it was becuase he was acting as his own agent that really screwed him over.. He said he wasn't really able to discuss the team beause he was acting as an agent and a player.. Tough to do..

They probably took that as he didn't want to be a team player.. That and rehabbing in Florida probably had a little something to do with it..

I don't see Pep causing many problems when he wasn't even in Minnesota over this period..

He was more concerned about getting onto the field next year healthy then anything and I can't blame him for that

I mean the first thing he did was restructure his contract with the Dolphins which shows it wasn't all about the money.. He was offering to do that here..

The Vikes are just looking to go a different way and don't think Pep is the future..

And I do believe he asked for a playbook but we didn't give one to him because we were looking to trade him

snowinapril
03-18-2006, 06:29 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Lets say for a moment C-pep is not greedy. He was not repeatedly asking Wilf for more money.

Why if he was a team player, not being greedy, and wanted to cooperate and learn the sysetem, why did the ownership want him out?

Do you think they simply didn't like him? That's a lot of jersey sales to throw away, a lot of fans to piss off over somethings stupid like that.

Why would they get rid of him, if he wasn't causing problems? Seriously think about it for a minute.

Breaking the team down, no stars, no prima donnas. They are exorcising the team of all this. That is just a very short version. Trying to be the Pats, Steelers and Eagles minus McNabb. McNabb is a big name, but he never seems to act like it. Besides, his teammates don't like him enough to ask him on a boat for a party.

Wilf and Childress want to build their own legacy

OR

C-Pep just wanted out at all costs, just didn't tell anyone.

You choose.

singersp
03-18-2006, 06:30 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

It could be Childress decided he would not fit into the new offense. IMO I think Childress may want to bring in a QB from the draft & shape him & mold him into our new offense, much the same way he did with McNabb.

It could be the organization thought DC was standing in the way of a new stadium with all the negative publicity the "boat incident" got in the media. Yes, Smoot & McKinnie were also involved, but DC is a higher profile name than the other two.

It could also be the organization felt they were taking a risk in retaining his services after the devasting injury.

It could also be they felt his fumble count & inability to read defenses the way he should, swayed their decision.

The contract dispute aside, & I do recall Wilf saying something to the effect he wasn't asking for more money, just more of the money to be guaranteed, it could be a combination of two or more or all of the things I mentined that swayed their decision.

Something sure triggered Dauntes attitude change 180 degrees in a very short time, from what it was a year ago. Was it a mental thing from a near career ending injury? Was it the boat incident &/or family pressure? I don't think we'll ever know for sure.

The one thing I know for sure, is he wanted off our team & even being a Culpepper fan, I knew we should let him go, because he'd never again be a team player & play with the attitude he should to take this team to the big dance.

snowinapril
03-18-2006, 06:32 PM
Rosen is IMO a stand up guy.

Either someone fed him some bad info or he is telling the truth. I didn't want to believe it when someone posted that. It could be just hear say. I am not going to repeat it unless I actually hear it for myself.

I like Rosen!

whackthepack
03-18-2006, 07:10 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

Here's a part of an article that contradicts Mark Rosen's statement. A statement I still haven't seen published anywhere.

Posted on Sat, Mar. 18, 2006

Culpepper keeps wounds fresh

BY SEAN JENSEN
Pioneer Press

Daunte Culpepper said his goodbye to Minnesota in an e-mail on Friday.
But an interview he conducted with ESPN on Wednesday continues to keep his wounded relationship with the Vikings fresh.

In sound bites aired Friday night on SportsCenter, Culpepper said he never talked to the Vikings as a football player, bolstering his point by noting that his request for a playbook was denied.

"For whatever reason, I didn't get it. So you just look at it and say, what's going on?" Culpepper said.

Asked what that indicated to him, Culpepper said, "I mean, I didn't want to jump to conclusions. But all I can say is, you know, I ended up getting traded, so maybe it was already in the works, and I didn't know it."

Culpepper said the Vikings never understood that he was speaking to them as an agent, not a player.

"I know for a fact that things were being said about me that weren't true and are not true now," he said.

Asked for an example, he said, "You know, me barging out of the building, me going in there demanding for things. Mr. (Zygi) Wilf quoted me in the newspaper saying that I did not ask for a dime extra. I just wanted some clarity on the situation."

Culpepper said the Vikings did not communicate with him, and he noted that the Dolphins accommodated his request to "move my money so they won't have to take the salary-cap hit."

Culpepper keeps wounds fresh (http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/14127536.htm)

It was on Kfan and you can call Mike Morris and ask him yourself, it is broadcast on 50,000 watt radio in the twin cities. That is what Rosen said and if you not believe it was I could really give a rats a$$!

I will take Rosen word over Daunte's because Daunte orchestrated his departure from the Vikings if you want to believe that or not! When he was saying one thing, and behind the scenes doing things to get thrown out off the Vikings he loses all credibility.

So keep thinking that the Vikings front office are the bad guys, and the players are always right!

Daunte is the perfect little angel and never would lie to make himself look better, ya right! Mister mentally disturbed Daunte that people have said that if he is smiling before a game he is unstoppable, but if he wasn't happy he wasn't going to play well! That sounds like a manic depressive person to me!

He probably was made aware of the fact that he never opened the laptop so he was covering his a$$ by saying he never got it!

singersp
03-18-2006, 07:19 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

It was on Kfan and you can call Mike Morris and ask him yourself, it is broadcast on 50,000 watt radio in the twin cities. That is what Rosen said and if you not believe it was I could really give a rats a$$!

I will take Rosen word over Daunte's because Daunte orchestrated his departure from the Vikings if you want to believe that or not! When he was saying one thing, and behind the scenes doing things to get thrown out off the Vikings he loses all credibility.

So keep thinking that the Vikings front office are the bad guys, and the players are always right!

Daunte is the perfect little angel and never would lie to make himself look better, ya right! Mister mentally disturbed Daunte that people have said that if he is smiling before a game he is unstoppable, but if he wasn't happy he wasn't going to play well! That sounds like a manic depressive person to me!

He probably was made aware of the fact that he never opened the laptop so he was covering his a$$ by saying he never got it!

I never said the front office were the bad guys. The laptop issue came from Rosen & not the front office.

It is big news, yet there is nothing published or anything coming from the front office to back the story.

whackthepack
03-18-2006, 07:23 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

I don't believe the lap top deal.. No im pretty sure it didn't happen.. That's big news and someone would have reported it.. Screw Rosen..

I got Pep's back on this one.. To say he is all about the money is bunk.. He offered to restructure his contract to give us less of a cap hit and our steller FO declined to do anything..

He asked for a playbook and they didn't give him one.. For some reason I believe it.. That just shows they wanted him out

That is what Daunte says!

Funny that he goes in and asks for a raise 3 times, yet he was trying to reduce the cap number. It depends on who you believe, and I do not believe Daunte! All his actions from when he was injured to when he was traded shows that he wanted out of here, and now he is trying to save face because he knows he screwed over the Vikes and their fans! So from one screwed over fan to Daunte, I believe nothing coming out of your mouth you lying piece of dog sh*t!

singersp
03-18-2006, 07:29 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Funny that he goes in and asks for a raise 3 times, yet he was trying to reduce the cap number. It depends on who you believe, and I do not believe Daunte! All his actions from when he was injured to when he was traded shows that he wanted out of here, and now he is trying to save face because he knows he screwed over the Vikes and their fans! So from one screwed over fan to Daunte, I believe nothing coming out of your mouth you lying piece of dog sh*t!

Calm down Wack! :grin: DC is gone & there is nothing that can change that. Whether fans wanted him to go or wanted him to stay.

The game must go on & I for one hope the "Triangle" has a solid solution for a back up this year & a franchise QB for the future.

Players come & go, some we want to see gone, some we don't.

But first & foremost, we are Vikings fans. As long as the team is still around, I'll be a Vikings fan.

Del Rio
03-18-2006, 07:32 PM
so we got:

A) Daunte wasn't beeing greedy, but the org misinterpreted him as being greedy......

B) They didn't want any stars

C) They didn't think he was the right man for the job.

Maybe it is A, I don't see that even being possible. If what Daunte says is true there is no way they could have mistaken that,

B, I wouldn't buy this for a second. EVERY team has a star. It brings money and fame, even if your star is Big Ben, Hines Ward, Brady, Dillon....every team has one.

C) If this is the case then good for Childress. If the coach simply doesn't think a guy will be able to produce under his scheme then that guy needs to go IMO.

I think it's more then likely that, when taking both sides into account. Daunte is lying out his ass to cover his tracks. Maybe both sides are lying. I do not buy for one second though that he is the Victim in this.

Not that it matters since he is history, but it just doesn't add up that Daunte was cut because he was a saint and was bending over backwards to help the team, to get the plays, to restructure, not wanting more money.

1st sign he was a loser was when he wasn't on the sidelines for any of our remaining games, or when he didn't say a word the rest of the season. I think when I add up all the factors Daunte is probably to blame.

IMO of course, I just wanted to see how others justify or explain the situation if he didnt want more money or wasnt causing problems.

V4L
03-18-2006, 07:33 PM
Yah Wack, Sit back and relax..

I do think he did want to restructure to help the team because he did that right when he got to Miami

It's just what I think.. Everyone else has thier own way of thinking about it

Vikes
03-18-2006, 07:37 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

I hope he returns the laptop.

whackthepack
03-18-2006, 07:41 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Calm down Wack! :grin: DC is gone & there is nothing that can change that. Whether fans wanted him to go or wanted him to stay.

The game must go on & I for one hope the "Triangle" has a solid solution for a back up this year & a franchise QB for the future.

But first & foremost, we are Vikings fans. As long as the team is still around, I'll be a Vikings fan.

I will respond to posts the way I want to, and I do not need input from you about how I do it! And Singer don't take a shot a t me and think that just because you put a smiley face next to it that it is OK!

If he can claim the Daunte is the one that is the good guy, I have the right to disagree and will counter his post when I feel like it, and could care less if you like it or not!

whackthepack
03-18-2006, 07:44 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

I do think he did want to restructure to help the team because he did that right when he got to Miami

Well I think differently!

He wouldn't rehab here, but he will rehab at the Dolphin's facility! So why is it then that he would have reduced the cap number here just, because he did it there?

singersp
03-18-2006, 07:47 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

I think he wanted to renogotiate his contract to protect himself in case of further injury.

Unlike a lot of top QB's contracts, DC's was highly incentive laden with low guaranteed money. When he got injured, he couldn't reap the benefits of the incentives.

Had he gotten injured in the first game of the year, he would've made only his minimul base salary. In 2004 that was $535,000.

When a guy goes down with a major injury like that, he has a lot of time to think & a lot of things must go on in your head.

V4L
03-18-2006, 07:56 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

He wouldn't rehab here, but he will rehab at the Dolphin's facility! So why is it then that he would have reduced the cap number here just, because he did it there?

Becuase he offered to do it here too haha :cool:

singersp
03-18-2006, 08:02 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

I will respond to posts the way I want to, and I do not need input from you about how I do it! And Singer don't take a shot a t me and think that just because you put a smiley face next to it that it is OK!

If he can claim the Daunte is the one that is the good guy, I have the right to disagree and will counter his post when I feel like it, and could care less if you like it or not![/quote]

I'm not taking a shot at you as you state. You just give me the impression you're frustrated. That's all. Sorry if you mis-interpreted it.

No one is telling you how to respond or feeding you input on how to do so.

No one is telling you you don't have the right to disagree either. We all are entitled to our own opinions, whether they agree or disagree.

That's one reason why I come here.

We just disagree on this issue. I certainly don't put 100% of the blame on DC or the organization.

I think there was alot more that went on that we on't know about.

whackthepack
03-18-2006, 08:05 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Becuase he offered to do it here too haha :cool:

That is what Daunte says! Is that gospel?

V4L
03-18-2006, 08:06 PM
Actually there was an article about it..

I'll go find it for ya if ya want..

And Daunte confirmed it on his interview

V4L
03-18-2006, 08:10 PM
I can't find it through the search thing..

But maybe Singer can.. I think he posted it.. Am I right?

I know there was an article that said he wanted to restructure his deal for us for the teams sake

singersp
03-18-2006, 08:23 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

I can't find it through the search thing..

But maybe Singer can.. I think he posted it.. Am I right?

I know there was an article that said he wanted to restructure his deal for us for the teams sake

He didn't say he'd restructure his deal, he said he would delay the $6 mil roster bonus if it would help the team.

Culpepper: Wilf said trade talks haven't happened (http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/13943733.htm)

whackthepack
03-18-2006, 08:27 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

It's just what I think.. Everyone else has their own way of thinking about it

I think he wanted to renogotiate his contract to protect himself in case of further injury.

Unlike a lot of top QB's contracts, DC's was highly incentive laden with low guaranteed money. When he got injured, he couldn't reap the benefits of the incentives.

Had he gotten injured in the first game of the year, he would've made only his minimul base salary. In 2004 that was $535,000.

When a guy goes down with a major injury like that, he has a lot of time to think & a lot of things must go on in your head.

What does his 2004 year have to do with anything in 2006?

He was guaranteed a 6 million bonus and a 2 million salary, sorry Daunte you poor thing you! Poor is me, how can I sleep at night knowing I am only going to make 8 million dollars this year! OH poor is me, how do I survive?

It is like the ridicoulus statement that Spreewell made his last year with the T-Wolves. why would I want to help this team try to win a championship when they wont help me, all I am doing is trying to feed my family!

He was making 14 million dollars at the time! The T-Wolves had offered a 3 year 21 million dollar extension!

Poor is me does not fit when you are making millions and millions of dollars! The average income in the US is around $50,000 a year, so the average Joe lunch box would have to work 160 years to make what Daunte would have made this year. Do not whine when you are playing a game for 9 months a year and making millions to do it!

If 8 million dollars is not enough for somebody that is injured, that is to bad! Especially how sporadic his play was in the first 7 games!

I can see why the Vikes would not rework his deal and I do not blame them a bit!

V4L
03-18-2006, 08:27 PM
Aight.. Well anyway he said he would help the team..

And I think he would have restructured his deal if the F.O wanted to

whackthepack
03-18-2006, 09:01 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Aight.. Well anyway he said he would help the team..

And I think he would have restructured his deal if the F.O wanted to

He wanted to make sure that the Vikings did not cut him, if he gets traded he still gets his same deal at least. But if the Vikings cut him then he has to get a new contract from another team, are they going to give him 8 million this year? Doubtful for a QB that might not be ready until November, or might never be the same again. He was just covering his own a$$! If he delayed the signing bonus it gave him more time to get a trade done, this was not to help the Vikings, it was to help himself!

Prophet
03-18-2006, 10:30 PM
Poor Daunte. His feelings were hurt. He was screwed. He brings convincing and logical arguments to the table. I feel so sorry for him. He is a victim. Brad Childress' following statement

Brad Childress said what QB Daunte Culpepper was seeking was more money and lots of it. "Somewhere there is a buy-in factor. I just didn't think that was the case," Childress said. "Right from the beginning. As I mentioned, I never had a conversation with him about this football team. It was always about what he needed financially and money. I never heard team, I always heard me and I and, 'I need $10 million. I'm a $10 million-dollar-a-year quarterback.'"

was made up. It is a conspiracy against Daunte. He is a hero and always will be. When will everyone understand? :roll:

Accents
03-18-2006, 10:46 PM
DelRio wrote:

Why would they get rid of him, if he wasn't causing problems?

I think it was a mutual divorce for both Vikings management and for Culpepper. Like most divorcees, they are both spitting out their last venom and parting shots. Both parties are guilty of bad behavior.

Culpepper's love boat antics hurt the stadium drive. Culpepper gets a fresh start in Miami, and the Vikings can ignore the love boat scandal. This could possibly be the number one reason the Vikings wanted Culpepper out of the picture. The stadium deal is like worth a quarter of a billion dollars . Getting rid of Culpepper MAY have been a business move to remove bad publicity for the stadium.

Childress's west coast offense and Culpepper were not a good fit. Childress probably thinks Johnson is a better QB to train in the team on WCO than Culpepper. Not everybody can be a beginner on learning a new system. Culpepper gets mad and is offended that he won't be starting QB. Plus Miami is running the offense Culpepper is used to, so Miami is a good fit. (Linehan's offense.)

With the Vikings, Culpepper's got a new coach and new owner to deal with. If there is a time for Culpepper to make a change, it is now. Likewise for the Vikings, trying to retrain Culpepper and make him fit may be more than it is worth.

The Love Boat made many Minnesotans/taxpayers mad. All those interceptions got Culpepper booed last season. Culpepper probably felt neglected and unloved by the fans, and the fans weren't too happy with Culpepper either.

It is very hard for Minnesota to compete when Florida is Culpepper's home. Did Culpepper's wife live in Florida? If so, that would be a huge incentive. From Culpepper's ESPN interview....
[quote]Daunte Culpepper weighed five things in approaching his career -- faith, family, football, future and finances.[quote]
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2370437&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Culpepper wanted more money, and the Vikings tried to trade him behind his back. More reasons to get mad at each other.

And so on and so on.

Accents

collegeguyjeff
03-19-2006, 01:53 AM
im glad daunte is gone and i don't believe anything he says. i believe wilf over him cause wilf has shown he cares. he even spent money to fix the air conditioning in the locker room, is willing to put $280 mil into the stadium. the commish even said he could possibly bring back the league thing that helps pay 100 mil for a stadium if the vikings got something passed which would be nice. wilf is spending money on the team and not pocketing it like redneck.

singersp
03-19-2006, 02:10 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

.... the commish even said he could possibly bring back the league thing that helps pay 100 mil for a stadium if the vikings got something passed which would be nice...

If that is true, there should be no reason they don't pass the stadium through. It would be that much less for the state to have to come up with.