PDA

View Full Version : Keys to beat the eagles

vikingsalltheway
07-18-2004, 10:54 PM
What do you guys think? This is a big road game for us right off the bat and we need to show the country we are a good team. We need to have a spy on Mcnabb because last time we played them he ran all over us and that means a linebacker needs to spy him at all times plus blitz the hell out of Mcnabb. He is horrible under pressure and forcing him to fumble would be nice too cause we need takeaways in this game. On offense no turnovers at all and we need to move the ball downfield as much as possible and put as many points on the board as we can. That means 30 or more but i think Moss will burn Sheppard and brown who seemed to struggle toward the end of the season last year and especially against carolina's receivers.
Vikings 30
Eagles 27 in OT

ItalianStallion
07-18-2004, 11:13 PM
I don't even remmeber the last time we played them, when was that?

vikingsalltheway
07-18-2004, 11:22 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

I don't even remmeber the last time we played them, when was that?

2001 and we lost 48-17.

vikingsalltheway
07-18-2004, 11:44 PM
What do you guys think? Keys to winning in philly?

VIKE58
07-18-2004, 11:59 PM
I think the main key will be. SCORE MORE THAN THEY DO :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

enlvikeman
07-19-2004, 12:12 AM
We won't lose this game....for whatever reason Moss always shows up to play on Monday night. He will not let Owens outshine him. Noone can stop our offense...it just depends on how well our defense plays. I think our toughest game will be against Indy (although another Monday night game) and the Pack on Christmas Eve.

Even if we do lose I would be happy going 1-1 into week 3.

hawaiianvike21
07-19-2004, 12:14 AM
Pressure mcnabb, dont ever let him feel comfortable in the pocket or even running the ball. Have brian williams covering owens again. He did a very good job against him last year when we faced the niners. No stupid turnovers or stupid penalites. We must reduce our penalties, thats a thing tice needs to work on with this team. Run to open up the passing game and get 8 in the box. Eagles d-line does not scare me what so ever.

Last but not least we somehow need to find a way to win on the road. The past couple of seasons we were terrible on the road. I dont know how tice is going to fix it this season.

VKG4LFE
07-19-2004, 10:54 AM
Keys:

No penalties, no turnovers, score more points, limit their offense

Oh wait, those are the keys to every game!! Let's do those things all year!!

little redhead
07-19-2004, 11:20 AM
LOL - VIke 58 are you trying to sound like Denny Green?

Score more points then they do pretty good.

Timbo2st
07-19-2004, 12:56 PM
take the fans out out of the game...

VKG4LFE
07-19-2004, 01:07 PM
The only team that's gonna take the fans out of that game are the Eagles!! I'm sorry timbo, but philly fans, they are quick to get on and off the bandwagon. I'm not saying you are one of them but man!!

casper
07-19-2004, 01:07 PM
Keys,
Contaminate the stadium ketchup,musterd,and mayonaise containers on the home side and philly water system with laxitives. :twisted:

Find out the printers for the home side and make fake tickets so no one can enter. :twisted:

Turn back all clocks in Philly 24hr. :twisted:

Maybe I should not say that. :silent:

Not really Just playing good football we will beat them on there own gridiron :cheers:

As long as we shoot mcnabb in the knees so he won't move :roll:

VKG4LFE
07-19-2004, 01:08 PM
That's some harsh stuff there casper!!

vikingsalltheway
07-19-2004, 01:11 PM
"Timbo2st" wrote:

How did an eagle fan find this board cause i had a hard time finding a vikings mb then i came across this one. Please philly trolls will be full force the week before we play them.

casper
07-19-2004, 01:17 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

That's some harsh stuff there casper!!

Naw that the easy stuff 8) this is family regulated so I have to be nice to the other side of the gridiron. :twisted:

Beside why do you think i am all the way over here :wink:

Not really just joking around please don't try this at PHILLY :twisted: It called physiological warfare I figure if we start now one one will show up from the Home team side :D

Big Daddy
07-19-2004, 01:26 PM
"casper" wrote:

Keys,
Contaminate the stadium ketchup,musterd,and mayonaise containers on the home side and philly water system with laxitives. :twisted:

Find out the printers for the home side and make fake tickets so no one can enter. :twisted:

Turn back all clocks in Philly 24hr. :twisted:

Maybe I should not say that. :silent:

Not really Just playing good football we will beat them on there own gridiron :cheers:

As long as we shoot mcnabb in the knees so he won't move :roll:

Turning the clocks back 24hrs? ugh....try that once in your house and see what happens! you'll be amazed! LOL

SKOL
07-19-2004, 01:46 PM
I know this game is early in the season, but I really believe Philly is a must win if we want home field, and a very important bye, in the playoffs. If we lose this game we have to finish with a better record than Philly, because they hold the head to head tie breaker, and of course, this is more difficult because we're already one game behind.

I think the key will be our offensive line, and if we can handle Kearse and company. Tice will want to run and run, but I think we need to get our receivers involved early. Give Daunte time to make good decisions, and hopefully exploit the fact that they lost two exceptional corners. (I'm not sure who their new corners are).

Timbo2st
07-19-2004, 01:51 PM
"vikingsalltheway" wrote:

"Timbo2st" wrote:

How did an eagle fan find this board cause i had a hard time finding a vikings mb then i came across this one. Please philly trolls will be full force the week before we play them.

i think i was on the bears board and they had this on one of the topics

casper
07-19-2004, 02:45 PM
Turning the clocks back 24hrs? ugh....try that once in your house and see what happens! you'll be amazed! LOL
Big Daddy you are not suppose to say anything the eagles trolls will never understand

magicci
07-19-2004, 08:17 PM
"VIKE58" wrote:

I think the main key will be. SCORE MORE THAN THEY DO :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sounds like a denny green quote

TEXPACK
07-19-2004, 08:54 PM
Philly 35 vikes 17

hawaiianvike21
07-19-2004, 09:15 PM
"Timbo2st" wrote:

Funny, a eagles fan trying to help us beat his own team. Jk! http://www.nfl-fans.com/html/emoticons/laughpound.gif http://www.nfl-fans.com/html/emoticons/rollinglaugh.gif

Timbo2st
07-19-2004, 09:23 PM
"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

"Timbo2st" wrote:

Funny, a eagles fan trying to help us beat his own team. Jk! http://www.nfl-fans.com/html/emoticons/laughpound.gif http://www.nfl-fans.com/html/emoticons/rollinglaugh.gif

no...i'm just trying to give you guys some help because you're sure going to need it :D :D ..........J/K

casper
07-20-2004, 10:57 AM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

Philly 35 vikes 17

PUT THE GLUE DOWN and KEEP YOUR FINGURES OFF the key board TEXPUCKER, read lesson 5 if you have to do something but most of all get a life and go play with the rest of your milk bender friends :roll:

purplepat
07-20-2004, 05:23 PM
Kind of early to be making predictions, but I'd say the key will be for the Vikings offensive line to give Culpepper plenty of time to throw. If healthy, Kearse can be a beast and Rosenthal did not exactly look like an All-Pro last season. If Culpepper has time to throw and not worry about being blindsided/fumbling, he will pick the Eagles apart. Culpepper being able to take off running a time or two and gaining good yardage may help in slowing down the pass rush by a step.

Defensively, I think they need to focus on keeping McNabb in the pocket. Collapse the middle and seal the ends. I think McNabb is dangerous as a runner, and when he gets rolling outside the pocket on a broken play then the defensive coverage can break down and create opportunities for big plays. Make McNabb beat you playing "conventional" football, and the odds of the Vikings pulling off a win improve.

triedandtruevikesfan
07-20-2004, 06:08 PM
I say the Randy Ratio is the key... oh wait that was the mistake from a few years ago... nm

VKG4LFE
07-20-2004, 06:39 PM
We still have the Randy ratio, it is just not mentioned!! I bet he has the ball throw to him every four plays or whatever it was!!