PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Uniform Poll...being watched by Vikings marketing!

AlabamaViking
03-16-2006, 03:46 PM
I frequent quite a few Vikings fan sites. One of my favorite is the one Mr. Cheer or Die does. Now, he is also rather "in" with some of the Vikings folks in Winter Park and the marketing department over there is watching a poll that he has put up on the possible addition of purple pants to the uniform. What that means is we all need to head on over to:

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/maasx003/Vikings/

and put our humble opinion to work so we feel as if we have some say in how the Vikings new look for 2006 goes. Just scroll down until you see the first poll on the home uniforms and then head on down for another poll.

I would normally not tout another website, but Mr. Cheer or Die was good to participate with us in the MVC Survivor Contest and he is a solid fan (1st inductee in the Fan Hall of Fame for the Vikings).

Until next time...

Prophet
03-16-2006, 03:57 PM
Thanks AV.

Looks like the poll is setup as Home vs Away jerseys.

Home:
purple jersey & purple pants
purple jersey & white pants
not sure

Away:
white jersey & purple pants
white jersey & white pants
not sure

ChezPizmo
03-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Are there any pictures to decide from?

What's everyone else going to vote?

ChezPizmo
03-16-2006, 04:02 PM
Bah! Won't let me visit the site from this comp. :cry:

Prophet
03-16-2006, 04:04 PM
I went with the purple jersey & white pants for home games and the white jersey & purple pants for away games.

COJOMAY
03-16-2006, 04:16 PM
I voted the same way as Prophet. The Purple Jersey/White Pants for home games is way ahead.

Prophet
03-16-2006, 04:19 PM
lol, I tried to vote again and it only lets you vote once per day. Vote daily if you really care.

ChezPizmo
03-16-2006, 04:31 PM
So there aren't any pictures to support the poll?

Prophet
03-16-2006, 04:35 PM
You have to use your imagination. The background of this post is white. The color of this website is mostly purple. Picture those two colors on the jersey or pants and you got it. :lol:

VikesfaninWis
03-16-2006, 05:16 PM
I voted purple pants/purple jerseys for home games.
purple pants/white jerseys for away games.

If we are going to make a difference, may as well change both home and away games..

jhirchak1
03-16-2006, 05:21 PM
If i picture it in my head, a purple jersey with purple pants looks really whacked out. And a white jersey with purple pants? I'm having a tough time picturing that. Anybody heard any news on a release date?

AngloVike
03-16-2006, 05:27 PM
"ChezPizmo" wrote:

So there aren't any pictures to support the poll?
Nope - no pictures as none have been released by the Vikes yet. It's more to get a general idea of how people feel about things.
No-one outside of the Vikes organisation has seen any pictures of the changes they're looking at, so you'll have to use your imagination

Prophet
03-16-2006, 05:27 PM
"jhirchak1" wrote:

If i picture it in my head, a purple jersey with purple pants looks really whacked out. And a white jersey with purple pants? I'm having a tough time picturing that. Anybody heard any news on a release date?

...we'll look to have an unveiling later in the offseason for our fans Link (http://purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=20060)

AngloVike
03-16-2006, 05:32 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"jhirchak1" wrote:

...we'll look to have an unveiling later in the offseason for our fans Link (http://purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=20060)
I seem to recall reading that many years ago the Vikes used to wear purple pants with white jerseys for road games. That sound ok but have to agree that purple jerseys and pants may be a bit too much

KJ
03-16-2006, 07:32 PM
I posted these in the other thread, but it seemed like nobody saw them or cared. I thought I did a fair job to make it somewhat realistic to give an idea of what it would look like with purple pants, at least at home. Hopefully they help you guys out with your poll choices:

Keeping yellow stripe:
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8475/purplepants3hk.jpg

Plain purple:
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/387/purplepants17ss.jpg

josdin00
03-16-2006, 07:36 PM
See, I hate Seattle's all blue home unis, and I can't imagine it would look much better in purple. I voted for the purple/white and white/purple combos.

RK.
03-16-2006, 07:40 PM
If we have purple pants and jerseys you can just hear the jokes about Barney. Can you imagine Pat W all in purple. He would look like a giant blue berry. :lol:

DCPologirl
03-16-2006, 07:42 PM
purple pants are just a bad idea period. That picture even made Koren Robinson's butt look bad...which is hard to do :lol:

Muggsy
03-16-2006, 07:57 PM
Boy, dis takes me back. I remember back when I was a punk kid, me and my boys would get home from da reform school and play dese football board games we had, Sports Illustrated Football, Strat-O-Matic, you name it. I especially liked da board games cause you rolled dice, and it kept me in practice for when we played craps.

One game we played a lot, was APBA Football. It had cards of all da players of da NFL teams, and you put togedda your lineup and went at it. I remember orderin' da game, and when it came in, lo and behold, on da cover of da game was a color photo of da Vikes playin' da Colts, Baltimore Colts back den, God bless 'em.

But, dere was sumpin' funny about dat picture. It showed da Vikes in dere away joiseys, but wit' poiple pants! And instead of da coicles around da shoulder pads, poiple-gold-poiple, dey had da revoise of da white stripes around da dark joisey sleeves, y'know? Da white joiseys had poiple stripes on da sleeves!

And, y'know, it wasn't really bad. It was different, but not bad. If dey do dat kinda ting, I won't get sore, y'know? Give 'em a retro kinda look.

Anyways, enough of trippin' down mammary lane, I voted for da away uniform to be white joiseys wit' poiple pants, and da home uniform to be poiple joiseys wit' white pants. But, tanks ta KJ, I got ta see what da home uniforms would look like wit' all poiple, an' dey don't look dat bad. Better wit' da gold stripe on 'em, tho. But me, I likes poiple, and it's a bedda color dan dat bowel-green color dat da Seahawks use, y'know?

Are da Vikes really gonna pay attention to dis poll? Dat would be sumpin'! We would have a say in what our Vikes look like, y'know?

Well, da screws are herdin' us back to our cells, so's I'll sees youse mugs later. SKOL, VIKES!

whackthepack
03-16-2006, 08:05 PM
Anybody know when they are going to release pictures of the new uni's.

Prophet
03-16-2006, 08:19 PM
"RK." wrote:

If we have purple pants and jerseys you can just hear the jokes about Barney. Can you imagine Pat W all in purple. He would look like a giant blue berry. :lol:

Never thought about that, I think you're absolutelly right. That would be hilarious in a non-fan sort of way.

MaddenVodkaAddict
03-16-2006, 08:25 PM
Is there a sailor's uniform? jk. I saw that on the best damn sports show last night. They mentioned the new vikings jerseys and then they showed a picture of some sailors.

AngloVike
03-16-2006, 09:09 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

purple pants are just a bad idea period. That picture even made Koren Robinson's butt look bad...which is hard to do :lol:
only a woman could look at this subject from that point of view :bum: .. and they say that men are shallow :lol:

stjmnsota
03-16-2006, 09:24 PM
I don't care what they do, but they better get a more manly purple if they are going to go all purple. The only thing about the Vikes I don't like is the shitty purple they have.

DCPologirl
03-16-2006, 09:26 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:

"DCPologirl" wrote:

only a woman could look at this subject from that point of view :bum: .. and they say that men are shallow :lol:

LOL! It's great I love football from the sports point of view and from the rear point of view. All you guys got is the cheerleaders lol

DarrinNelsonguy
03-16-2006, 09:34 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

I went with the purple jersey & white pants for home games and the white jersey & purple pants for away games.

As did I, we also need to go to black shoes with the road uniforms to give it that classic look. I love how everyone is begging them not to change the helmets and I hope they listen.

triedandtruevikesfan
03-16-2006, 09:38 PM
Someone posted this on another site, ignore the helmut, but focus on the purple pants.

http://www.rlcustoms.com/nflteams/vikings/Henderson2-2.jpg

triedandtruevikesfan
03-16-2006, 09:38 PM
purple on purple

http://www.rlcustoms.com/nflteams/vikings/EJHenderson4.jpg

I personaly hate that

wyorob
03-16-2006, 09:40 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

If we are going to make a difference, may as well change both home and away games..

I feel the same way and voted just as you did

DarrinNelsonguy
03-16-2006, 09:47 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

purple on purple

I personaly hate that

I don't mind the road uniforms but the home ones are ugly as hell and they better not mess with the helmets!

triedandtruevikesfan
03-17-2006, 02:57 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Tribal.gif

:shock: Holy crap I love that... I've been searching for something that would make a cool tatoo for a chick and that would be f'n perfect!!!

eclipse_2303
03-17-2006, 03:25 AM
I like the purple on purple it just goes together more smooth.

vikings11_27
03-17-2006, 03:49 AM
Does anyone have actual pictires of the new ones or does anybody know when the pictures are going to be released??

vikingsbenchwarmer
03-18-2006, 01:07 AM
The only thing we need to change is the way we have the player names on the jersey make them less fat looking

VikesfaninWis
03-18-2006, 01:14 AM
I would like to see something similar to the Bronco's jerseys. How that arrow starts at the sleeves of their jerseys, and then connects to their pants, and goes down the side. Those are sweet...

They should reall try the purple pants next season. I don't think they should or will mess with the helmet design, but you never know. Is this is Denver and Tampa Bay type of change, or is it a slight alteration? I guess we will find out soon.

Tanner_QBRB8
03-18-2006, 01:23 AM
Nothing

wyorob
03-18-2006, 01:24 AM
This is it your looking at the new MN VIKINGS

MensaTice
03-18-2006, 01:24 AM
I think we should add a few more question marks

WBLVikeBabe
03-18-2006, 01:30 AM
"Tanner_QBRB8" wrote:

Nothing

I agree, I like them the way they are.

cajunvike
03-18-2006, 01:30 AM
NOT A THING!!!

Because then, I would have to buy ANOTHER jersey!!!

aceclown
03-18-2006, 01:32 AM
"Tanner_QBRB8" wrote:

Nothing

How about purple pants on the aways but thats it. I think you get a taste for it in the Smoot pic.

gregair13
03-18-2006, 01:37 AM
i would like to see a topic without that many question marks in it

wyorob
03-18-2006, 01:38 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

NOT A THING!!!

Because then, I would have to buy ANOTHER jersey!!!

This is it

Jarlvik2006
03-18-2006, 01:42 AM
I've gotta go with VikesfaninWis on this one. Apply our colors to the Broncos scheme (NO HELMET CHANGE though). It worked for them, maybe it could work for us.
I really don't mind the idea of buying new jerseys- looks more current. Also generates ca$h for the TEAM.
We would finally have real "throwback" uni's for those special games. Even though I've watched since the mid 60's, sometimes I can't tell the difference because they're so subtle.
New team, new attitude, new uniforms...makes sense to me.

VikesfaninWis
03-18-2006, 02:00 AM
"wyorob" wrote:

This is it your looking at the new MN VIKINGS

The one thing that I can guarantee is that we will never see our Vikings in Red uniforms.

What would we say then, "RED PRIDE" Sounds to much like we still have Hillbilly McCombs as our owner. No thanks, I will pass on the red..

Jarlvik2006
03-18-2006, 02:07 AM
I really thought he was kidding with the "RED".
If it's red, then I'm dead...PURPLE FOREVER!

damien927
03-18-2006, 02:10 AM
hopefully they don't get too crazy

Mr. Purple
03-18-2006, 02:19 AM
I just feel our jersey's are a little out daited, not to say thats bad....but a new look for a new era is only fitting. I love the Falcons jerseys and the Cardinals, I'd love to see a design for us like that. I think they wont be too crazy tho....didnt the Eagles touch up thier jerseys a little bit a couple years ago...?Somethin kinda like that, not drastic but cleaner, newer.

magicci
03-18-2006, 02:23 AM
i really liked the article on omar jacobs, i hope we get that guy.

NodakPaul
03-18-2006, 02:28 AM
Don't mess with them. They are classics, and among the most recognizable in the league. If anything, just bring back the purple pants.

Of course, since they are VIkings uniforms... I will love them no matter what.

sandviking
03-18-2006, 02:44 AM
DO NOT change the jerseys!!!! :angryfire:

purplegang
03-18-2006, 02:48 AM
do not change the jerseys, pants ok, purple would be fine

FedjeViking
03-18-2006, 02:49 AM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

I voted this way too. I left comments to not change the helmets!!!

PurplePride80
03-18-2006, 02:50 AM
Nothing, I like your jerseys just the way they are.

FedjeViking
03-18-2006, 02:51 AM
I like them the way they are! Just bring in the purple pants.

Mr Anderson
03-18-2006, 02:53 AM
I would have to see potential new designs before making a decision.

Mr Anderson
03-18-2006, 02:59 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing our jerseys like the Pats or Titans though, but with our colors of course.

CloneKilr
03-18-2006, 03:28 AM
I would like to see an alternate Uni with darker purple or black. With matching pant. Otherwise keep em'. I'm not a fan of alot of the new jerseys around the league lately, I kinda like them plain. Not like the arena league ...

mr.woo
03-18-2006, 03:35 AM
I would like to see an alternate Uni with darker purple or black

nah i think black just looks cheap. i dont like it.

sleepagent
03-18-2006, 03:37 AM
The Lions, 49ers, Rams, and Seahawks added a few changes and really improved the look. The new Hawks & Rams look much better with the new coloring and the Lions & 49ers just tweaked things a bit.

I'd like to see some tweaking, but nothing major - especially with the helmet.

I guess we'll see what happens.

sleepagent
03-18-2006, 03:41 AM
Interesting link on the best NFL uniforms -> http://www.rateitall.com/t-1378-best-nfl-uniforms.aspx

so-cal vike
03-18-2006, 04:02 AM
DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING!!!

MaddenVodkaAddict
03-18-2006, 04:09 AM
"sleepagent" wrote:

Interesting link on the best NFL uniforms -> http://www.rateitall.com/t-1378-best-nfl-uniforms.aspx

Bears? ugh. No surprise with seattle.

HornedHat
03-18-2006, 04:22 AM
Those pics with EJ in em, looks like we are the "Purpleskins". I'll pass.

magicci
03-18-2006, 04:50 AM
"sleepagent" wrote:

i think those rating suck!!

vikingsbenchwarmer
03-18-2006, 04:58 AM
Everybody go that link and vote for the minnesota vikings uniform the best rating , noooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS YOUR DUTY

ViKing24
03-18-2006, 05:28 PM
This is my rendition of the vikings jerseys after all said and done these were made in part based on this link 6 kings submitted but this is a realistic version. The photo doesn't look that great but you can make it out.

VikesfaninWis
03-18-2006, 05:32 PM
That is a horrible pic... Could you possibly tone it down and repost it? It is way to blurry to try and make it out. I am only 28, I don't want to go blind trying to make that out.. :grin: Thanks.......

Erik_The_Red
03-19-2006, 01:55 PM
I think first of all they should get rid of the horns on the helmet and put the old Viking face on each side of the helmet. I think it is one of the coolest NFL logos!

As for the pants, how about bronze, or similar to what the RAMS have...please no purple pants!! :???:

sleepagent
03-19-2006, 05:36 PM
What I can see of the uniform looks good EXCEPT for the helmet. Keep them horns. The rest is a fresh change, simple, yet somehow powerful

ViKing24
03-19-2006, 08:09 PM
Briefly: Jermaine Wiggins, Matt Birk, Antoine Winfield and Brad Johnson were in New York on Tuesday for a photo shoot of them modeling newly designed Vikings uniforms. The pictures will be featured on billboards around the Twin Cities.
Steve LaCroix, Vikings vice president of sales and marketing, confirmed the uniform change, although he declined to say to what extent.
"We are working with the NFL and Reebok on some exciting changes for the 2006 season. The process is still continuing, but we'll look to have an unveiling later in the offseason for our fans," he said.
Per NFL policy, teams can change uniforms every five years and are allowed to add a third uniform that can be worn in two regular-season games and one exhibition game each year.
_Childress told Sirius NFL Radio that he expected the Seahawks to take the full seven days - until next Sunday - to make a decision on Hutchinson.
"He's a good football player," Childress said. "We'd love to have him on our team." n Guard Toniu Fonoti agreed in principle on a one-year deal Monday with the Oakland Raiders. He is guaranteed $415,000 of his $1 million salary. Fonoti, however, has not signed the contract. The Vikings traded a seventh-round pick to the San Diego Chargers for Fonoti last year. But Fonoti played in only three games before suffering a season-ending groin injury.

CloneKilr
03-19-2006, 08:13 PM
Can't wait to see the new uni. Why are the Vikes letting Fonoti go...:(

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=20249

shockzilla
03-19-2006, 08:15 PM
Probably because of the injury and his weight issues...

Ltrey33
03-19-2006, 08:19 PM
I expect them to unviel them shortly before the draft. I'm pretty sure they'll want their new draft pick to be holding up the snazzy new uniform. Let's hope they look cool!

whackthepack
03-19-2006, 08:34 PM
"CloneKilr" wrote:

He failed his physical in Oakland because he still weighed almost 400lbs.

ThaSuperFreak33
03-19-2006, 08:47 PM
I hope they dont change the helmet i love the horn

Potus2028
03-19-2006, 08:51 PM
yea..

i'll only allow a helmet change if we actually put real horns on it...

i think the vikes helmet is one of the simplest and coolest...
it would be a bad move to put the vikes head on the helmet.. its look like the denver helmet, or bills helmet.. i dont like helmets like those...

anyways... i'm excited about uniform changes.. change is good..
look what it did for the broncos.. chnage the uniform, win the Super Bowl (it was against the packers granted)

Mr. Purple
03-19-2006, 09:08 PM
Thier not gonna change the helmets, hince the title "jersey change". We're doing what the cardinals did last year, new unis and touching up the logo. Last year I read article and in it Wilf said the logo will be touched up, wether he ment the helmet or the just our logo idk, but probably the horns will be adjusted to look even better.

AngloVike
03-19-2006, 09:27 PM
"Erik_The_Red" wrote:

I think first of all they should get rid of the horns on the helmet and put the old Viking face on each side of the helmet. I think it is one of the coolest NFL logos!

As for the pants, how about bronze, or similar to what the RAMS have...please no purple pants!! :???:

What ???? get rid of the horns and go for bronze pants ..... I don't think so somehow !

Mr. Purple
03-19-2006, 09:32 PM
ewwww bronze...the Rams happen to have my least favorite unis.

stjmnsota
03-19-2006, 09:33 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:

"Erik_The_Red" wrote:

What ???? get rid of the horns and go for bronze pants ..... I don't think so somehow !
That's actually interesting. I don't agree with losing the horns, those have to stay, But look what making some minor changes to colors did do for the rams uniforms. The bronze or whatever it is, is definately better than the Ram's old gold/yellow and the darker blue is better IMO, too.

So the Vikes could keep the horns, darken up the purple a bit, and mabye try changing the gold/yellow to more of a gold/bronze look. That could look pretty cool. Better than purple jersys and purple pants for home IMO

Any body have the ability to make up a uniform with those changes to get a better Idea if it is a good or bad Idea?

ViKing24
03-19-2006, 09:38 PM
We need to have purple jerseys with purple pants

Change their boring all white jerseys to yellow and purple with white pants with more of a design on them

They better not change the helmet that is classic I mean horns on the helmet worn by the crusading vikings
Then Horns on the football team the vikings genius

However it might be nice to see those black alternate jerseys once or twice a year.

stjmnsota
03-19-2006, 09:46 PM
"ViKing24" wrote:

We need to have purple jerseys with purple pants

Change their boring all white jerseys to yellow and purple with white pants with more of a design on them

They better not change the helmet that is classic I mean horns on the helmet worn by the crusading vikings
Then Horns on the football team the vikings genius

However it might be nice to see those black alternate jerseys once or twice a year.
What is the deal with those black alternative jerseys? I see them around but the team has never worn them in a game have they? Is it just a marketing gimmick to sell jerseys or what?

audioghost
03-19-2006, 09:47 PM
Look at these:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/jonoppold/NewVikingsJerseys.jpg

Alotta you'z won't like it because I'm "messing with tradition", but in this day-in-age, if tradition doesn't sell tickets....its not important to the organization....now that we got rid of our last "cornerstone player" who sells mucho jerseys, we redo the jerseys and cash in on the original one in stores later on as "throwbacks" when new stars arise....its a very smart marketing plan by the Wilfs....

And yes, the traditionalists will b!tch and moan, but those same people are the die hards who love the Vikes no matter what, so they'll conform either way.....

Note: These aren't the real jerseys, but the new jerseys will be changed drastically if all indications about the new uniforms is true (more drastic than just purple pants, changing pant color does not require players to be fitted in NYC....you use a different dye and they fit the same as the old pants....)

Mr. Purple
03-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Detroit wore em alot last year, I'd love for the Vikes to wear um. Purple and Black are bad a$$ together.

6-KINGS
03-19-2006, 10:22 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

That is a horrible pic... Could you possibly tone it down and repost it? It is way to blurry to try and make it out. I am only 28, I don't want to go blind trying to make that out.. :grin: Thanks.......

Thank Goodness!

I thought is was just me having a 70's flashback to a Led Zepplin concert!!

:lol:

raginghelga914
03-19-2006, 10:23 PM
I don't want purple and black. We're not the Ravens!!!Show what you're thinking and I'll keep an open mind.

Mr. Purple
03-19-2006, 10:27 PM
The black and purple would obviously be a "alternate" which means its not our set color or the team's official colors. I'm not a Raven fan, but thier all black unis are sick. Just create a team on Madden or something using those colors and tell me what you think.

Mr. Purple
03-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Well now we're creating our own tradition! Eventually these jerseys will be like the ones we currently have...traditonal. I think the timing for a new jersey is perfect. New Coach. New Staff. New Owner. New Vikings. I'm excited gonna have one the first day they launch!

raginghelga914
03-19-2006, 10:31 PM
Looks good KJ. I'll take purple on purple at home. Like the others, I'd like to see white tops purple pants away. :lol:

stjmnsota
03-19-2006, 10:34 PM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

Well now we're creating our own tradition! Eventually these jerseys will be like the ones we currently have...traditonal. I think the timing for a new jersey is perfect. New Coach. New Staff. New Owner. New Vikings. I'm excited gonna have one the first day they launch!
I agree. This is the perfect time to launch a new uniform. Its tough though because I really like the current unis, and I like basic styles like few teams other than the Vikes have. But It will be cool to see what they come up with. I just hope it isn't too wild. Keep it basic with a few minor changes.

stjmnsota
03-19-2006, 10:37 PM
"raginghelga914" wrote:

Looks good KJ. I'll take purple on purple at home. Like the others, I'd like to see white tops purple pants away. :lol:
I always thought that purple pants would look good with away jerseys, but then I seen some old picks of when the vikes had that. Not sure if I was that impressed or not. But it can't hurt to try again.

whiteviking24
03-20-2006, 03:48 PM
IMO , I only wanna see purple pants away and keep purple top with white pants at home and maybe change the design of the jersey a LITTLE because why mess with perfection...... I don't want black in it, just MHO

I just think purple on purple is too dark and to add black in would be even worse, besides its not really one of our colors but yea maybe as an alternative jersey.

my 2 cents

Mr Anderson
03-20-2006, 03:58 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

Look at these:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/jonoppold/NewVikingsJerseys.jpg

Alotta you'z won't like it because I'm "messing with tradition", but in this day-in-age, if tradition doesn't sell tickets....its not important to the organization....now that we got rid of our last "cornerstone player" who sells mucho jerseys, we redo the jerseys and cash in on the original one in stores later on as "throwbacks" when new stars arise....its a very smart marketing plan by the Wilfs....

And yes, the traditionalists will b!tch and moan, but those same people are the die hards who love the Vikes no matter what, so they'll conform either way.....

Note: These aren't the real jerseys, but the new jerseys will be changed drastically if all indications about the new uniforms is true (more drastic than just purple pants, changing pant color does not require players to be fitted in NYC....you use a different dye and they fit the same as the old pants....)

The away ones look awesome, Im not too fond of the home ones though.

V-Unit
03-20-2006, 05:53 PM
Audio I think you have the right idea. I don't know of the away ones have enough white on them though. I mean they still have more purple than white. I'm guessing we aree going to go with a darker purple and a more goldish yellow, Rams style.

Is nobody a fan of golden pants?

briboy75
03-20-2006, 06:40 PM
"CloneKilr" wrote:

To expensive to fit Fonoti with new uniforms :)

Seriously, I would have liked to have kept him, but I don't want to change the topic of this thread.....so, keep the uniforms the way they are!

Erik_The_Red
03-22-2006, 06:32 AM
Why are you guys so obsessed with the horns on the helmet? They don't look like horns they look like the Nike logo!

The old Viking face on each side of the Helmet would be so awesome, as for the Bronco type uniforms, I'll pass.

Stick as close to the original as you can. Purple pants?...Only if they are very dark. Someone mentioned a yellow jersey...yuk

Erik_The_Red
03-22-2006, 06:38 AM
Goldish/Bronze pants, with a white stripe and a bold purple stripe inside the white strip, would look cool, home or away. Of course again in my honest opinion the best change would be getting rid of the Nike logo on the helmet and going with the old Viking face!!

ultravikingfan
03-22-2006, 06:39 AM
"Erik_The_Red" wrote:

Why are you guys so obsessed with the horns on the helmet? They don't look like horns they look like the Nike logo!

The old Viking face on each side of the Helmet would be so awesome, as for the Bronco type uniforms, I'll pass.

Stick as close to the original as you can. Purple pants?...Only if they are very dark. Someone mentioned a yellow jersey...yuk

Stick close to the original? But you are asking why we are obesessed with the horns? http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/hands/073.gif

singersp
03-22-2006, 06:40 AM
"Erik_The_Red" wrote:

Ist of all they don't look like a Nike logo.

The horns have been on the helmet for 45 years (long before the Nike logo) & have been a tradition as long as the Vikings have.

No one that I know of has a problem with the horns.

If it ain't broke, don't try & fix it.

vikesoto
03-22-2006, 11:04 PM
They were all repulsive !!!! I didn't like anything I saw. If the team were to go with something like what was shown, we're going to look like a XFL team !!!!!!!!!!! If a change has to be made, why not do like your beloved Giants Wilf,go throwback. In 2000 the Giants went back to the look of their old days, and it wasn't bad. Why not do the same here. Why not keep the helmet the same, but put a grey facemask on it. Go back to the jerseys the Vikings used up to 1995. Keep the white pants the same, the NFL dosen't market them anyway.Go back to black shoes.On the road , go back to the original "road" jerseys, white with purple and yellow stripes on the sleeves. That's a change that could produce $$$, wouldn't drastically alter the look of the team, and not upset the fans. The thought of purple on purple at home is nasty! I remember when the movie
"On Any Given Sunday" came out, the NFL made it clear that NO team in that film could resemble a NFL team. I remeber people in the lobby after the movie ended laughing at the silly uniforms in the film. "Black helmets, jerseys, and pants, how crappy that looked, no NFL team would ever look like that" was a comment I heard that I always think of when the Jaguars and Ravens go with that look.Damm if they don't look just like the Miami Sharks. Or when, a couple seasons ago, alot of teams statred to wear the same color jersey and pants. The Bears in blue from head to toe. The Broncos, Chargers,Cards,Saints, and Bills also started to sport the same color jersey and pants.IMO, it looks like something a high schol team would wear. I also remember an old NFL Films story of back in the mid 60's , the Vikings , on "one" Sunday, wore purple jerseys and purple pants, and how Bud Grant FORBIDDED them from ever doing that again.And thank GOD they haven't, 'till now?

Minnesota1975
03-23-2006, 02:44 AM
Well, Ive been a Viking fan for a long long time now...so i guess i can speak my mind. I like the Signature with Bud Grant on it...but its a little early to be honoring Brad Childress with such accolades as of yet.
Hopefully....we'll see

until then

GO BALDY!

Just think When Detroit comes to town with marinelli it'll be battle of the baldy's.....he could use a little height too

Viking fan since 1974!

Minnesota1975
03-23-2006, 02:52 AM
I just gotta say this because ive read a few times that people have a problem with our current Home uniform????
The damn thing looks fine,,,so dont be an ass...whoever you are. Purple on purple on purple? It actually happened for one game against the Lions back in 1964(when the vikes had Purple pants for their away uni's)
How many knew that....so anyway...That wouldnt bother me.....but quit making the AWAY uni out to be ok....THATS the one you can go ahead a F with

goodnite

mr.woo
03-23-2006, 02:55 AM
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/1588/jersey8qo.png (http://imageshack.us)

wat about these?

bender_over
03-23-2006, 03:07 AM
http://vikingsboard.net/mypictures/JCDC.bmp

These are concepts from the end of 2004. I like the logos - battle axe logo on pants (not a big fan of it being an alternate helmet), modern twist on the norseman, modern twist on the horns on the helmet.

I don't really like the jersey/pant combinations though. Maybe if they did away with the gold alternate pants and made the purple pants the alternate pants. Then use the white pants as both the standard for the home and away jerseys.

jaymz7
03-23-2006, 03:08 AM
Keep the purple shirts and white pants for home games and the white shirts with purple pants for away games.

No yellow or black shirts or pants ever.

mr.woo
03-23-2006, 03:10 AM
those are definitly better than wat i saw they were gonna use. i like em.

SharperImage42
03-23-2006, 03:11 AM
"bender_over" wrote:

These are concepts from the end of 2004. I like the logos - battle axe logo on pants (not a big fan of it being an alternate helmet), modern twist on the norseman, modern twist on the horns on the helmet.

I don't really like the jersey/pant combinations though. Maybe if they did away with the gold alternate pants and made the purple pants the alternate pants. Then use the white pants as both the standard for the home and away jerseys.

it looks like what we have now gay, i want a drastic change

JellyBean2144
03-23-2006, 02:02 PM
Why do we have to change? Man, some of these teams come out with some pretty ugly unis...Bengals and Lions come to mind. Let's stay with what we got....please.

Minnesota1975
03-24-2006, 02:25 AM
It would be great if the Vikings stayed with what they had but went darker on the purple and used purple pants(occasionally...like the Eagles?)

No Yellow/Gold jersey or pants......thats pretty F'd up.

Actually the best uniforms the viking s EVER had was 1972-73 when(quite a few teams actually!) were void of those all to common stripes. Dolphins,Cardinals, Raiders, and VIKINGS(see the game against dallas for the chamionship 1973 victory 27-10) The Vikings NEVER looked mightier than in that game....what a classic!

Anyway iF yoU C Kay, tell her i said "Hi"

FedjeViking
03-24-2006, 02:34 AM
Did everyone know there is a petition you can sign to keep the horns on the helmets? Here's the link....

Petition (http://www.petitiononline.com/40for60/petition.html)

eclipse_2303
03-24-2006, 07:59 AM
I dont know if this has been posted or not. Kind of reminds me of Baltimores.

purplepride818
03-24-2006, 08:02 AM
where did you get that?

blvdnights05
03-24-2006, 08:02 AM
the logo is cool but the uni's are ugly as f*ck!! what a hack job

purplepride818
03-24-2006, 08:04 AM
it says 2004 though

olson_10
03-24-2006, 08:10 AM
yah somebody posted that in another thread a couple days ago..just some random concept art..not going to be our uniforms..those are horrible

fabybaby32
03-24-2006, 08:18 AM
look like an arena football jersey. Those are hideous.

PurplePride80
03-24-2006, 08:24 AM
Another possibility.

PurpleMafia
03-24-2006, 08:28 AM
Those are badass!

Esepecially the alt logo.

I know these probably are not the new concept, but anything like this would make me real happy. I love arena style unis and logos, they really catch your eye.

PurpleMafia
03-24-2006, 08:48 AM
"blvdnights05" wrote:

"PurpleMafia" wrote:

Those are badass!

I know these probably are not the new concept, but anything like this would make me real happy. I love arena style unis and logos, they really catch your eye.

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag

Who do you think you are noob?

Thats not exactly the way to earn respect around here.

I guess thats what to be expected from a CPep fan...

Phins Forum--knock yourself out (http://www.miamidolphins.co.uk/forum/)

T-Money
03-24-2006, 08:48 AM
I am not a fan of those new helmet designs. Please don't change them.

rdknieff
03-24-2006, 08:58 AM
What's up with all the xgayx remarks in this thread?

Anyway, That first pic is absolutely horrible in every aspect, the second posted pic isn't bad, but only as an alternate would I be happy with it....DON'T CHANGE THE FRIGGIN' HELMETS!!

PurplePride80
03-24-2006, 08:59 AM
I also don't like these jerseys, hopefully they can come up with something else.

ItalianStallion
03-24-2006, 09:05 AM
I dunno, it's going to be a tough sell with me on the new design. I'm okay with purplepants, but don't make them complicated and gimmicky.

enlvikeman
03-24-2006, 09:12 AM
"blvdnights05" wrote:

"PurpleMafia" wrote:

Those are badass!

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag

lol....wow

DCPologirl
03-24-2006, 09:27 AM
:pukeright:

sleepagent
03-24-2006, 10:34 AM
"bender_over" wrote:

Holy cow - Good god no. Looks like something out of arena football . . . only worse.

ThaSuperFreak33
03-24-2006, 12:21 PM
"rdknieff" wrote:

Anyway, That first pic is absolutely horrible in every aspect, the second posted pic isn't bad, but only as an alternate would I be happy with it....DON'T CHANGE THE FRIGGIN' HELMETS!!

Im with you on the helmets. I love the current ones and always will.

raginghelga914
03-24-2006, 12:36 PM
I like the possible uniform design but, I do not like the battleaxe on the helmet!!! Leave the horns alone PLEASE!

whiteviking24
03-24-2006, 12:47 PM
"FedjeViking" wrote:

Did everyone know there is a petition you can sign to keep the horns on the helmets? Here's the link....

Good work Fedje,

everyone sign....I mean right now

V-Unit
03-24-2006, 05:15 PM
I like the general color scheme but there is a bit too much going on, which is why everyone is saying it looks like an Arena football jersey. IF you simplify those jerseys a bit I think they would be great. Also have home be all purple and away be all white.

AngloVike
03-24-2006, 05:31 PM
"whiteviking24" wrote:

"FedjeViking" wrote:

Good work Fedje,

Could one of the mods put this petition link up as an announcement or sticky at all ?

NodakPaul
03-24-2006, 05:43 PM
"rdknieff" wrote:

No kidding. Sounds like a bunch of junior high school students.

Anyway... I actually don't mind the 2004 concept uniforms. The color in the horn and logo looks nice.

I just wish they would release the new look so we can stop complaining about/praising speculations and move on to complaining about/praising the real uniforms. :grin:

NodakPaul
03-24-2006, 05:49 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:

"whiteviking24" wrote:

"FedjeViking" wrote:

Good work Fedje,

Could one of the mods put this petition link up as an announcement or sticky at all ?

Unfortunately this is an online petition, and not one that will be taken seriously by the Vikings management. There is no quality control in this type of petition, and no guarentee as to how many signuature are fake. Look at sig number 806:

806. Daunte Culpepper horny are fo real

Somehow I doubt that one is authentic. If you really want to get your point accross to the Vikings Management, you might have better luck contacting them through the fan feedback section (http://www.vikings.com/fanaskvikings_form.aspx) on the official Vikings site.

VKG4LFE
03-24-2006, 07:17 PM
I'm probably on my own here but I think we need to leave the jerseys the way they are! I really don't like the idea of purple pants either!!

VKG4LFE
03-24-2006, 07:25 PM
Those new helmets aren't good! Especially the one with the different symbol. What the heck is that?? Take that off the pants too!

NodakPaul
03-24-2006, 07:26 PM
Cheer or Die's words:

"More Uniform Talk" by Mr. Cheer or Die

All this talk about changes to the uniform has me in lather. Especially when the rumors started popping about changes to the beloved, legendary Vikings helmet. It now takes not one, but two glasses of Irish Mist at bedtime to calm me down so I can slumber in peace. And I have since foregone on the ice.

Tonight, it may take three glasses. My close, personal friend Milwaukee Mark sent me the following which was something someone posted on the KFFL Vikings message board this week:

unis.jpg

Sickening, isn't it? Now, before you jump off the deep end, please consider that the source is unknown. Also key in on the dates which would correspond to the Red Menace administration prior to the Zygi administration. But, I'm sure the Triangle of Authority would have seen these prototypes and be working off of them.

I also have a lead into the new helmet design. My contact indicates that I may have the new design in my stone-cold hands within a week or two. So, standby and cross your fingers.

And as I alerted you to on Thursday, the Vikings did in fact sign Mike McMahon. I knew that my source at Winter Park would not have sent me the McMahon interview had the Vikings not had interest in signing him. Well, it is now official. McMahon signed a two-year contract to serve as Brad Johnson's backup. Also added was hard-hitting safety Tank Williams, 25, who had spent his four-year career with Tennessee.

And have a great weekend! Vikes Geek and I will see you next week.

Apparently there is in fact a new helmet design. It had better have horns...

V-Unit
03-24-2006, 07:32 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I'm probably on my own here but I think we need to leave the jerseys the way they are! I really don't like the idea of purple pants either!!Oh come on, would you not even be a fan of some minor color changes? You know a darker purple, and a more golden yellow?

VKG4LFE
03-24-2006, 07:36 PM
A little color change is ok, but purple pants and the new helmet logos. I really don't like them. I like the fact that we haven't switched to new jerseys and stuff and we still have the old school stuff. But if we did switch I guess I would have to buy a new jersey and all that fun stuff!!! It's definitely good on a marketing and sales standpoint!!

AlabamaViking
03-25-2006, 09:33 PM
I could not resist sending this link to Mr. Cheer or Die's site showing a rendition of the Vikings uniform idea. If it were true?!

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/maasx003/Vikings/

Until next time...

PurplePride80
03-25-2006, 10:04 PM
Yeah, it's already been posted.

singersp
03-25-2006, 10:22 PM
That is just some fans idea of possibilities. I put no stock in it whatsoever.

If it was actual renditions of proposals, I'd expect them to be a little more proffesssionally done. :wink:

norseforce
03-27-2006, 02:14 AM
thanks for the pic's, the purple pants look bad, I think white pants w/ solid purple stripe,and switch our yellow to a darker mustard yellow, like the rams use, it looks classic. dont touch the helmets

FedjeViking
03-27-2006, 02:22 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

Cheer or Die's words:

"More Uniform Talk" by Mr. Cheer or Die

All this talk about changes to the uniform has me in lather. Especially when the rumors started popping about changes to the beloved, legendary Vikings helmet. It now takes not one, but two glasses of Irish Mist at bedtime to calm me down so I can slumber in peace. And I have since foregone on the ice.

Tonight, it may take three glasses. My close, personal friend Milwaukee Mark sent me the following which was something someone posted on the KFFL Vikings message board this week:

unis.jpg

Sickening, isn't it? Now, before you jump off the deep end, please consider that the source is unknown. Also key in on the dates which would correspond to the Red Menace administration prior to the Zygi administration. But, I'm sure the Triangle of Authority would have seen these prototypes and be working off of them.

I also have a lead into the new helmet design. My contact indicates that I may have the new design in my stone-cold hands within a week or two. So, standby and cross your fingers.

And as I alerted you to on Thursday, the Vikings did in fact sign Mike McMahon. I knew that my source at Winter Park would not have sent me the McMahon interview had the Vikings not had interest in signing him. Well, it is now official. McMahon signed a two-year contract to serve as Brad Johnson's backup. Also added was hard-hitting safety Tank Williams, 25, who had spent his four-year career with Tennessee.

And have a great weekend! Vikes Geek and I will see you next week.

Apparently there is in fact a new helmet design. It had better have horns...

I guess I better buy one of the current style!

ThePurpleCow
03-27-2006, 02:29 AM
As long as they dont mess with the horns, or add any to much black (I dont want to look like the Ravens)

vikesoto
03-27-2006, 04:23 AM
Add a grey facemask to the helmets we have now,keep the pants the same,go back to black shoes, and these jerseys. Forget creating some "new" look,go throwback...
http://www.fansedge.com/Images/Product/31-75/31-75085-f.jpg

vikingsfan42
03-27-2006, 04:33 AM
Just Don't touch the helmets

vikesoto
03-27-2006, 04:34 AM
Keeping in the throwback theme, go back to the original "road-white" jerseys...
http://www.hr-derby.com/images/football/vikings63a.jpg

vikesoto
03-27-2006, 04:37 AM
Perhaps,these road jerseys...
http://www.onlinesports.com/images/mn-viki94t01.gif

vikesoto
03-27-2006, 04:45 AM
Or even go back to these road jerseys.
http://www.mitchellandness.com/images/productimages/FSMV76W28_W.jpg

Potus2028
03-27-2006, 04:48 AM
we seem to have consensus on the horns..

so no need for superfluous horn saving speeches..
(but it would be foolish to get rid of them)

I am a fan of the darker, simpler jersey.. something more like the original. all these extra stripes and what not make it too big of a deal.. doesnt matter what we wear when we're beating a team..

why not get something very similar to the purple and white jerseys of yesteryear? yay for throwback

enlvikeman
03-27-2006, 04:55 AM
i like the idea

ThePurpleCow
03-27-2006, 05:00 AM
Throw backs would be cool, but I doubt thats what there going to do.

ThePurpleCow
03-27-2006, 05:05 AM
All I know is that the new uniforms are going to look great in miami twice next year... If you get my drift?

Knock on Wood

Potus2028
03-27-2006, 05:14 AM
yep yep...

once against CPEP, and once for all the marbles

TMAC604
03-27-2006, 10:08 AM
They should keep the original symbol and horns. I don't mind the colors or anything else but don't mess with the best symbol in the game. Just update the uniforms.

Martimus1972
03-27-2006, 11:51 PM
I like these uniorms the best...

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/d/de/Marshall_Wrong_Way.jpg

purple pants, black shoes, I remember when I was young and stupid I thought Les Steckel was cool cause they got white shoes. Well, I'm old and not much smarter, but I hate those white shoes.