PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice

NeoVikesTX
07-18-2004, 11:42 AM
My fiance and I are making our very first trip to Minnesota this December to see the Vikes play the Seahawks. I need to know what is the best hotel to stay out that is close to the Metrodome. I was looking at either the Holiday Inn on Washington Ave or the Best Western on 8th St.

Which hotel would be more convienent to stay out to watch the game?

I've heard tailgating is at Washington Ave so I'm leaning more towards that one right now.

Some of you veterans that have done this before let me know some info, ok. Thanks!

TEXPACK
07-18-2004, 01:05 PM
How about the Heartbreak Hotel...haha

NeoVikesTX
07-18-2004, 02:39 PM
Nice one TexPack -- how many packers games have you been to? I bet none since you are a fair-weathered packers fan who roots for the Cowboys when no one is looking. So I guess either team you root for you end up still living a homosexual lifestyle.

purplepat
07-19-2004, 06:55 PM
If you really mean the "best" hotel, I am sure it is neither of those. I stayed in the Best Western last fall. It is OK, but nothing real special.

I'll check around, but a really good hotel downtown will probably run you $150/night.

magicci
07-19-2004, 07:11 PM
"purplepat" wrote:

If you really mean the "best" hotel, I am sure it is neither of those. I stayed in the Best Western last fall. It is OK, but nothing real special.

I'll check around, but a really good hotel downtown will probably run you $150/night.

is that the one that's like 4 blocks away
because i might stay at that one for the titans game

triedandtruevikesfan
07-19-2004, 08:00 PM
oh my gosh... you guys are in luck... you have your own Orbitz girl in your very presence! let me do a quick search and I'll let ya know what I find

hawaiianvike21
07-19-2004, 08:06 PM
"NeoVikesTX" wrote:

My fiance and I are making our very first trip to Minnesota this December to see the Vikes play the Seahawks. I need to know what is the best hotel to stay out that is close to the Metrodome. I was looking at either the Holiday Inn on Washington Ave or the Best Western on 8th St.

Which hotel would be more convienent to stay out to watch the game?

I've heard tailgating is at Washington Ave so I'm leaning more towards that one right now.

Some of you veterans that have done this before let me know some info, ok. Thanks!

I would personally do the holiday inn on washington ave since its close to the metrodome, i think in walking distance, no need to park at the stadum zoo :lol: and holiday inn aint that bad of a place to stay compared to others.

LosAngelis
07-19-2004, 08:15 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

oh my gosh... you guys are in luck... you have your own Orbitz girl in your very presence! let me do a quick search and I'll let ya know what I find

Oh my gosh, TNT...do you speak with an English accent and say stuff like "Fascinating"? Oh wait...that's Orbitz gum. Never mind.

triedandtruevikesfan
07-19-2004, 08:18 PM
HEHEHE... I could try but I'd probably sound silly

NeoVikesTX
07-19-2004, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the help -- right now I think I want to stay at the Holiday Inn. They want 100 bucks a night to stay there, does that sound right or too high?
Let me know so I can go ahead and reserve a room!

AngloVike
07-20-2004, 01:17 AM

HEHEHE... I could try but I'd probably sound silly

Behave .... there's nothing wrong with having an english accent! :cheers:

Moss Deep
07-20-2004, 01:50 AM
Marvellously put Anglo :salute:

casper
07-20-2004, 02:41 AM
I Say, Indeed Anglo, Quite Right,
Dam you'll will think I'd been here to long,
and why would someone think that TEXPACK has got no home, Guess no one will have him on their boards, as I said before TEXPUK see lesson Number 2

Neo let us know how the place is as myself and the Mrs. Are going to be making a stop in the great Twin Cities and take in a game next trip across the big pond.

LosAngelis
07-20-2004, 07:08 AM
No offense intended to the Viking fans from across the pond. I actually like the accent...my uncle is from Liverpool and, according to him, used to play drums for the Beatles before they got Ringo Starr.

triedandtruevikesfan
07-20-2004, 10:15 AM
yeah I wasn't making fun either. If I ever found a guy with an English accent I would marry him in a heart beat just for the accent!! I'm just saying I couldn't imitate it!

whackthepack
07-20-2004, 10:55 AM
Radisson hotel Metrodome is about 3/4 of a mile from the metrodome, it is a newer hotel and a nice place to stay.

They have shuttles if you do not want to walk.

triedandtruevikesfan
07-20-2004, 11:56 AM
Here are the best deals I found on Orbitz

Crowne Plaza $96/night 3 stars
Holiday Inn Express $79/night 2 stars
Millenium Hotel $90/night 3 stars
** Radisson Hotel $98/night 4 stars

I think the Radisson is the best deal personally, but there are some options for you...

NeoVikesTX
07-20-2004, 12:19 PM
Thanks TNT. Why would Orbitz give you 79 dollars a night for the Holiday Inn and when I checked elsewhere it said 100 bucks? I guess it is like airline tickets, prices fluctuate and you gotta do a little research. Thanks again for your help!

triedandtruevikesfan
07-20-2004, 12:29 PM
you're welcome.... just shop around. Thats my best advise.

AngloVike
07-20-2004, 01:36 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

No offense intended to the Viking fans from across the pond. I actually like the accent...my uncle is from Liverpool and, according to him, used to play drums for the Beatles before they got Ringo Starr.

yeah I wasn't making fun either. If I ever found a guy with an English accent I would marry him in a heart beat just for the accent!! I'm just saying I couldn't imitate it!

Thats ok I know you two weren't being nasty.... just that long standing thing about two countries divided by a common language !! :lol: always makes me chuckle when the TV rolls out Mary Poppins at Christmas and we're treated to Dick Van Dyke and his cockney accent ... rofl

LosAngelis
07-20-2004, 07:16 PM

Wow, tried! You should use your Orbitz and take a flight over to England and take a look around!

BigEasyViking
07-20-2004, 10:27 PM
I've stayed at that Holiday Inn before and it was really nice. All you have to do in the morning of the game is walk about three blocks and you will be right by the dome and ready to tailgate. I'm not sure of the other one though. I would go with the Holiday inn. Hope this helps

Moss Deep
07-21-2004, 02:02 AM
triedandtruevikesfan Posted: Tue 20 Jul, 2004 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah I wasn't making fun either. If I ever found a guy with an English accent I would marry him in a heart beat just for the accent!!

Does that count as a proposal? :D