PDA

View Full Version : Brad Johnson



Cagey_Fan
03-16-2006, 04:50 AM
Is Brad the starting QB or not?. Has anyone heard for sure. Ijust wanted to know, also if there is a thread on this topic already can someone direct me there.

t_13
03-16-2006, 04:52 AM
he wants to start and hes our only qb on the team right now (i think jt and shaun hill r free agents??)

Mr Anderson
03-16-2006, 04:56 AM
Yes.

VikesfaninWis
03-16-2006, 05:02 AM
Unless we trade one of our second rd picks for Matt Schaub, then yes, he will be our starter next season..

vikings11_27
03-16-2006, 05:08 AM
"t_13" wrote:

he wants to start and hes our only qb on the team right now (i think jt and shaun hill r free agents??)

shaun hill is a free agent, but we still have o'sullivan

Not to worry though, we will pick up Omar Jacobs and groom him under BJ and there is our franchise quarterback

DaunteHOF
03-16-2006, 05:16 AM
hopefully he'll have competition with omar jacobs

ultravikingfan
03-16-2006, 06:11 AM
"Cagey_Fan" wrote:

Is Brad the starting QB or not?. Has anyone heard for sure. Ijust wanted to know, also if there is a thread on this topic already can someone direct me there.

Who else would be?

Honestly?

PurplePeopleEaters
03-16-2006, 06:14 AM
:smack:

IL-Vike
03-16-2006, 10:03 PM
Yes, he is! :grin:

wyorob
03-16-2006, 10:06 PM
Bring in Joey from Detroit, I think we can make him into a good if not great QB

Tanner_QBRB8
03-16-2006, 10:16 PM
i dont think even the greatest sculpters can turn Joey Harrington into a Good or Great QB

purplegang
03-16-2006, 10:20 PM
I would bet that brad is the man this year,

stjmnsota
03-16-2006, 10:46 PM
I hope omar isn't another Daunte/Vick/Vince Young/Mcnair/Mcnabb, QB. I am tired of that shit. I want a GREAT Qb like Manning, Bradshaw, Montana, Young, etc. Sit in the pocket and win games. Move when you have to.

I don't know Omar, but if he is a runner, then I say pass on him and take a kicker first.

Brewtal
03-16-2006, 10:51 PM
"wyorob" wrote:

Bring in Joey from Detroit, I think we can make him into a good if not great QB

:pukeright:

gregair13
03-16-2006, 11:00 PM
"wyorob" wrote:

Bring in Joey from Detroit, I think we can make him into a good if not great QB
i hope you are being sarcastic because otherwise that might be the dumbest thing i have EVER heard.

Prophet
03-16-2006, 11:01 PM
"wyorob" wrote:

Bring in Joey from Detroit, I think we can make him into a good if not great QB

I sure hope you are either joking or have a drug problem. Like I said before, I have my cyanide pill ready if Joey Harrington, Kerry Collins, Aaron Brooks, and I'll add Vince Young get signed to the squad. No, I'm not investing time in this argument, no need, if they sign I'll be dead. lol.

Calmwind
03-16-2006, 11:07 PM
Joey Harrington??? I dont flame much but that made me choke, and spit Sprite through my nose! Are you a Vikings fan that watches our games against the Lions? Joey Harrinton is plain scared! I would be even more pissed than I was when we got Jeff George.

Gift
03-16-2006, 11:17 PM
JOEY is 2006!

revprodeji
03-16-2006, 11:27 PM
I think if we signed Joey and spent this whole year trying to teach him the system with childress working with him i think we can get a good QB there. The problem is he is a confidence player and detroit killed his his confidence.

Gift
03-16-2006, 11:33 PM
"revprodeji" wrote:

I think if we signed Joey and spent this whole year trying to teach him the system with childress working with him i think we can get a good QB there. The problem is he is a confidence player and detroit killed his his confidence.As unpopular of opinion as it would be, I agree if Joey is brought into back up BJ in a year or 2 all his potential could be realized. But I wonder if anyone would ever give him a 2nd chance. Detroit sucks, no QB is going to get it done there.

stjmnsota
03-16-2006, 11:34 PM
"gregair13" wrote:

"wyorob" wrote:

Bring in Joey from Detroit, I think we can make him into a good if not great QB
i hope you are being sarcastic because otherwise that might be the dumbest thing i have EVER heard.
I'm sure he is being sarcastic, but think about this. What Qb has been good in Detroit? That system has always had problems. Would Daunte have done any better there? I will argue no. Duante is a product of the TEam if not Moss alone. Joey with Moss and the teams Daunte has played on may make him a totally different guy?

Or am I just high?

stjmnsota
03-16-2006, 11:39 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"wyorob" wrote:

Bring in Joey from Detroit, I think we can make him into a good if not great QB

I sure hope you are either joking or have a drug problem. Like I said before, I have my cyanide pill ready if Joey Harrington, Kerry Collins, Aaron Brooks, and I'll add Vince Young get signed to the squad. No, I'm not investing time in this argument, no need, if they sign I'll be dead. lol.
I am glad to see someone else out there doesn't want Vince Young.

stjmnsota
03-16-2006, 11:40 PM
"Calmwind" wrote:

Joey Harrington??? I dont flame much but that made me choke, and spit Sprite through my nose! Are you a Vikings fan that watches our games against the Lions? Joey Harrinton is plain scared! I would be even more pissed than I was when we got Jeff George.
Didn't Jeff win the Vikes alot of games though?

freaky
03-17-2006, 04:48 AM
our quarterback situation is now a joke. our hand was forced with daunte for sure, but regardless we've lost one of the most dynamic qb's in the league. brad was great for what he was last year, but he's hardly someone to build a new regime upon. what's left in terms of quality starters now anyway? even our backup situation is looking woeful. i'm just wondering if anyone else is concerned with our direction here?

ChiTownVike
03-17-2006, 04:50 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

hopefully he'll have competition with omar jacobs

I would like us to draft Omar and then let him watch on the sidelines for a year like all the great up and coming qb's have and then come in and perform spectaculalry

jaymz7
03-17-2006, 05:10 AM
"wyorob" wrote:

Bring in Joey from Detroit, I think we can make him into a good if not great QB

:duh:

You know you can still run your post count up and post intellegent responses.

freaky
03-17-2006, 05:13 AM
i second that!! that's one step away from a ryan leaf mention..

Jarlvik2006
03-17-2006, 05:59 AM
Let's not be too hasty to dis Brad. The new game in Minny this year will be "Ball Control Offense". I loved what Daunte brought to the table...when his head was on straight and his body could deliver. Let's face the facts, he isn't the brightest bulb in the fixture. Daunte was as pure of a physical talent as we may ever see but he had a very hard time with reading defenses (unless it was preseason) if we didn't have a top-flight (see Linehan) OC and a #2 that was a calming influence (see Frerotte), oh and #3 didn't have Moss scaring the pooh out the opposing team's defense. Add missing Birk to that as well. I'm afraid that one of the reasons he wanted out was because he knew he couldn't grasp the new offense quick enough. I noticed early on that Brad was never "in Daunte's ear" last year. He was never talking to him on the sidelines and I think Pepp felt alone. BJ had his own agenda (it is a business after all) and wanted to start. Give BJ a SOLID O-line and some weapons (which it appears we might have) and let's see what he can do. Even though he's 38, he rode the pine for like 4 years here before he got in the game. That makes him only like 34 in "QB years". Not to mention his benching in TB. He's like a low mileage older car, still has value in the right situation. I really do believe he could get us into the playoffs and beyond with a little protection. I think that's what Childress and th boys are thinking too. I could see us drafting someone this year to learn from him and get on the field in the next year or so, and hopefully perform well in a back-up roll this year if neccessary. I'm behind BJ all the way if he can stay healthy this year.

sodaknick
03-17-2006, 06:09 AM
"Jarlvik2006" wrote:

Let's not be too hasty to dis Brad. The new game in Minny this year will be "Ball Control Offense". I loved what Daunte brought to the table...when his head was on straight and his body could deliver. Let's face the facts, he isn't the brightest bulb in the fixture. Daunte was as pure of a physical talent as we may ever see but he had a very hard time with reading defenses (unless it was preseason) if we didn't have a top-flight (see Linehan) OC and a #2 that was a calming influence (see Frerotte), oh and #3 didn't have Moss scaring the pooh out the opposing team's defense. Add missing Birk to that as well. I'm afraid that one of the reasons he wanted out was because he knew he couldn't grasp the new offense quick enough. I noticed early on that Brad was never "in Daunte's ear" last year. He was never talking to him on the sidelines and I think Pepp felt alone. BJ had his own agenda (it is a business after all) and wanted to start. Give BJ a SOLID O-line and some weapons (which it appears we might have) and let's see what he can do. Even though he's 38, he rode the pine for like 4 years here before he got in the game. That makes him only like 34 in "QB years". Not to mention his benching in TB. He's like a low mileage older car, still has value in the right situation. I really do believe he could get us into the playoffs and beyond with a little protection. I think that's what Childress and th boys are thinking too. I could see us drafting someone this year to learn from him and get on the field in the next year or so, and hopefully perform well in a back-up roll this year if neccessary. I'm behind BJ all the way if he can stay healthy this year.

This is a looong post to quote, but I agree totally. And so does my perfectly running, low mileage 79 chevy panel van :grin:

BigEasyViking
03-17-2006, 06:15 AM
I think that Brad Johnson may be a good option for this year but not for the future. The fact is that we need to bring someone in that can take over in a year or two when Brad is done. Either we need to address this in the draft with one of the two good franchise QB's (Leinert or Cutler) or by bringing in a QB from another team. (AKA Matt Shaub) Brad is a solid QB but he will not be around forever. I say that we trade away the 2nd round pick that we just got from the Dolphins to the Falcons and have Matt Shaub compete with Brad Johnson for the starting job. But with our luck we will probably pick up some tool like Aaron Brooks to give the ball away more than Daunte did.

Brewtal
03-17-2006, 06:51 AM
"freaky" wrote:

our quarterback situation is now a joke. our hand was forced with daunte for sure, but regardless we've lost one of the most dynamic qb's in the league. brad was great for what he was last year, but he's hardly someone to build a new regime upon. what's left in terms of quality starters now anyway? even our backup situation is looking woeful. i'm just wondering if anyone else is concerned with our direction here?

Don't see what you see wrong with BJ, other then his age. He will fit in perfect for the west coast offence and is smart on the field. I would start him over Cpep any day. Cpep was probably more fun to watch and athletically more talented then BJ, but I personally think we have a better chance of winning BJ. My hopes are high on Brad this year and I am happy with the new owner and coach, he understands where the game is won. It isn't won with a showboat QB/Wide reciever combo. It is won with a good line/running game/Solid Defence and heads up play with few mistakes. That is what Childers is trying to establish and I think he is doing a good job. BJ will be around for a few years and I think a young QB could learn a lot from him.

damien927
03-17-2006, 07:22 AM
"stjmnsota" wrote:

I hope omar isn't another Daunte/Vick/Vince Young/Mcnair/Mcnabb, QB. I am tired of that pooh. I want a GREAT Qb like Manning, Bradshaw, Montana, Young, etc. Sit in the pocket and win games. Move when you have to.

I don't know Omar, but if he is a runner, then I say pass on him and take a kicker first.


You must be kidding, a KICKER! We just signed Longwell to a long-term contract. And yes, Everyone wants a Great QB, the problem is, they are tough to come by.

Purple_Hope
03-17-2006, 07:31 AM
Johnson deserves to be a starter. He did a great job last year after everything else went to crap. What we need is an o-line. I'm stoked about this Hutchinson deal. Age?! Remember Moon? Cunningham? Ex-Viking Gannon? Remember any of those geezers?

vikingsbenchwarmer
03-17-2006, 07:39 AM
"Purple_Hope" wrote:

Johnson deserves to be a starter. He did a great job last year after everything else went to crap. What we need is an o-line. I'm stoked about this Hutchinson deal. Age?! Remember Moon? Cunningham? Ex-Viking Gannon? Remember any of those geezers?Cunningham started the long tosses to moss. He is not Geezer. Gannon won a mvp. Besides that Johnson should be there with the Vikings drafting and grooming a QB for the future.

sodaknick
03-17-2006, 07:40 AM
Tell him to bring his walker and throw it to K-Rob! :wav:

Purple_Hope
03-17-2006, 07:42 AM
That was sarcasm, friend. I'm sincere when I say that Johnson deserves a starting position with this team after last year.

sodaknick
03-17-2006, 07:44 AM
Mine wasn't sarcasm! I love Brad Johnson! I think he'll be great, walker or not!

freaky
03-17-2006, 12:26 PM
sure brad has the smarts & showed what he can do last year, but now he's not got the luxiry of being backup...he has to do it week in & week out for the whole year..sorry if i'm apprehensive but as good as he is, he's still not in his prime

PurpleAndy
03-17-2006, 12:43 PM
I don't want:

Joey Harrington
Kerry Collins
Aaron Brooks
Matt Leinart
Omar Jacobs
Vince Young

Give me Brad Johnson this year with Craig Nall backing him up. Next year, we'll trade up and take Brady "I just spent 2 years under Charlie Weis and now I'm good" Quinn. That right there is the Vikings West Coast QB of the future.

whiteviking24
03-17-2006, 12:49 PM
Nobody but Brad this year !!!
heck maybe next season too.

ultravikingfan
03-17-2006, 03:08 PM
"vikingsbenchwarmer" wrote:

"Purple_Hope" wrote:

Johnson deserves to be a starter. He did a great job last year after everything else went to crap. What we need is an o-line. I'm stoked about this Hutchinson deal. Age?! Remember Moon? Cunningham? Ex-Viking Gannon? Remember any of those geezers?Cunningham started the long tosses to moss. He is not Geezer. Gannon won a mvp. Besides that Johnson should be there with the Vikings drafting and grooming a QB for the future.

Actually Brad was the one who started the long passes to Moss.

fromos
03-17-2006, 05:31 PM
He just won a superbowl 3 years ago, there's no reason he can't do it again. Some people just can't seem to understand this.

ultravikingfan
03-17-2006, 05:38 PM
"fromos" wrote:

He just won a superbowl 3 years ago, there's no reason he can't do it again. Some people just can't seem to understand this.

3 years ago?

Did he play for the Patriots?

XL --Feb. 5, 2006 Pittsburgh 21, Seattle 10
XXXIX --Feb. 6, 2005 New England 24, Philadelphia 21
XXXVIII --Feb. 1, 2004 New England 32, Carolina 29
XXXVII --Jan. 26, 2003 Tampa Bay 48, Oakland 21

NodakPaul
03-17-2006, 05:38 PM
"fromos" wrote:

He just won a superbowl 3 years ago, there's no reason he can't do it again. Some people just can't seem to understand this.

I like Brad, and I am comfortable with him as the starter... for this year at least. But let's not kid ourselves. Brad didn't win the superbowl, he was part of a team that won the superbowl. A team that had an amazing defense.

I see us making the playoffs this year, but I am not going to kid myself and say that BJ is the Viking's ticket to the big game. If we make it, it will be a team effort.

Wiggles67
03-17-2006, 05:45 PM
"jaymz7" wrote:

"wyorob" wrote:

Bring in Joey from Detroit, I think we can make him into a good if not great QB

:duh:

You know you can still run your post count up and post intellegent responses.I havent laughed this hard from something being posted here in weeks....thank you jaymz7

Mr-holland
03-17-2006, 05:49 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"fromos" wrote:

He just won a superbowl 3 years ago, there's no reason he can't do it again. Some people just can't seem to understand this.

I like Brad, and I am comfortable with him as the starter... for this year at least. But let's not kid ourselves. Brad didn't win the superbowl, he was part of a team that won the superbowl. A team that had an amazing defense.

I see us making the playoffs this year, but I am not going to kid myself and say that BJ is the Viking's ticket to the big game. If we make it, it will be a team effort.

Why not?
He could take us to the playoffs, but then it'll be a team effort
Brad could take us to the superbowl, just with the right o-line(that we might get)
But i agree, we do need a franchise Qb

Del Rio
03-17-2006, 05:51 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"fromos" wrote:

He just won a superbowl 3 years ago, there's no reason he can't do it again. Some people just can't seem to understand this.

I like Brad, and I am comfortable with him as the starter... for this year at least. But let's not kid ourselves. Brad didn't win the superbowl, he was part of a team that won the superbowl. A team that had an amazing defense.

I see us making the playoffs this year, but I am not going to kid myself and say that BJ is the Viking's ticket to the big game. If we make it, it will be a team effort.

Newsflash.......

NO QB has ever WON the superbowl, everysingle one of them was on a team, a very good team....a superbowl team LMAO!!!

ultravikingfan
03-17-2006, 05:52 PM
We do not need the almighty QB who passes for 400 yards a game and throws 10 Hail Marys.

The key for a QB is not turning the ball over and converting on 3rd downs; thats it...plain and simple.

Brady, Big Ben, Brad, Trent...they all did that and they helped their team win Super Bowls. None of these guys are "Gun Slingers" by any means.

Mistake free and production when it matters; herein lies the key.

badbois
03-17-2006, 05:55 PM
their were also players like young, elway and farve, who were talented and won sb's and actually were somewhat responsible for it.

ultravikingfan
03-17-2006, 05:57 PM
"badbois" wrote:

their were also players like young, elway and farve, who were talented and won sb's and actually were somewhat responsible for it.

And......?

Of course they were somewhat responsible.

But they did not win it by themelves.

All the winning SB QB's were talented. They played a good game and won.

V4L
03-17-2006, 05:58 PM
The point of all this is..

You don't need a superstar QB to win a bowl..

Who did the Ravens have when they won thier last superbowl?

badbois
03-17-2006, 05:58 PM
we need to address this new gaping hole on the team, not just act like this guy who couldn't get a starting job anywhere else in the league is so kind of anwser. and just taking a guy late and hoping he develops into tom brady or joe montana is probably not going to work. those guys were extreame rarities.

fromos
03-17-2006, 06:01 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"fromos" wrote:

He just won a superbowl 3 years ago, there's no reason he can't do it again. Some people just can't seem to understand this.

3 years ago?

Did he play for the Patriots?

XL --Feb. 5, 2006 Pittsburgh 21, Seattle 10
XXXIX --Feb. 6, 2005 New England 24, Philadelphia 21
XXXVIII --Feb. 1, 2004 New England 32, Carolina 29
XXXVII --Jan. 26, 2003 Tampa Bay 48, Oakland 21
Won it in 2003, played for Tampa Bay. It's now 2006. 3 years ago.

ultravikingfan
03-17-2006, 06:02 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

The point of all this is..

You don't need a superstar QB to win a bowl..

Who did the Ravens have when they won thier last superbowl?

Yup.

See, Brady is not a superstar QB because he lights it up. He is a superstar QB because we won 3 SB's. Montana too.

I would put Favre and Young in there as high powered superstars.

Elway get his fame from winning games by putting the team on his shoulders when it counted and comebacks.

badbois
03-17-2006, 06:02 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

The point of all this is..

You don't need a superstar QB to win a bowl..

Who did the Ravens have when they won thier last superbowl?

the point is this: It helps. winning with a bad qb can be done, but that doesn't make it the best way. more sb's were won by elite qb's than not. we don't have that special team that can just win like that. we had a couple special players we could have built a championchip team around, but now we do not.

fromos
03-17-2006, 06:03 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

We do not need the almighty QB who passes for 400 yards a game and throws 10 Hail Marys.

Or a qb who throws the ball into double coverage and expects the reciever to catch the ball and not the other team. Just doesn't work without Moss.

V4L
03-17-2006, 06:05 PM
"badbois" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

The point of all this is..

You don't need a superstar QB to win a bowl..

Who did the Ravens have when they won thier last superbowl?

the point is this: It helps. winning with a bad qb can be done, but that doesn't make it the best way. more sb's were won by elite qb's than not. we don't have that special team that can just win like that. we had a couple special players we could have built a championchip team around, but now we do not.


Who do u expect to get?

Brad is the man for THIS year..

ultravikingfan
03-17-2006, 06:08 PM
"badbois" wrote:

the point is this: It helps. winning with a bad qb can be done, but that doesn't make it the best way. more sb's were won by elite qb's than not. we don't have that special team that can just win like that. we had a couple special players we could have built a championchip team around, but now we do not.

Define "elite".

Big Ben? Not yet.
Brady? His Super Bowl wins made him elite.
Brad? Not elite.
Dilfer? Yeah right.
Warner? Short term elite.
Elway? Elite.
Favre? Elite.
Aikman? I guess.
Young? Elite.

None of these guys are bad QB's. Where are the other elites? Manning, Moon, Marino, Pep, McNabb, etc?

It helps to not make mistakes and get the yards when it counts.

Whats your point again? http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/hands/061.gif

badbois
03-17-2006, 06:11 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

The point of all this is..

You don't need a superstar QB to win a bowl..

Who did the Ravens have when they won thier last superbowl?

the point is this: It helps. winning with a bad qb can be done, but that doesn't make it the best way. more sb's were won by elite qb's than not. we don't have that special team that can just win like that. we had a couple special players we could have built a championchip team around, but now we do not.


Who do u expect to get?

Brad is the man for THIS year..

I expect that we don't trade the rare comodity of a franchise qb for a 2nd round pick in the 1st place.

ultravikingfan
03-17-2006, 06:13 PM
"badbois" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

The point of all this is..

You don't need a superstar QB to win a bowl..

Who did the Ravens have when they won thier last superbowl?

the point is this: It helps. winning with a bad qb can be done, but that doesn't make it the best way. more sb's were won by elite qb's than not. we don't have that special team that can just win like that. we had a couple special players we could have built a championchip team around, but now we do not.


Who do u expect to get?

Brad is the man for THIS year..

I expect that we don't trade the rare comodity of a franchise qb for a 2nd round pick in the 1st place.

Franchise QB in your book.

Its not like the guy was loved by all like Elway or Favre.

Since when is a buttload of fumble and interceptions a rare commodity?

The guy did not want to be here.

badbois
03-17-2006, 06:14 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

the point is this: It helps. winning with a bad qb can be done, but that doesn't make it the best way. more sb's were won by elite qb's than not. we don't have that special team that can just win like that. we had a couple special players we could have built a championchip team around, but now we do not.

Define "elite".

Big Ben? Not yet.
Brady? His Super Bowl wins made him elite.
Brad? Not elite.
Dilfer? Yeah right.
Warner? Short term elite.
Elway? Elite.
Favre? Elite.
Aikman? I guess.
Young? Elite.

None of these guys are bad QB's. Where are the other elites? Manning, Moon, Marino, Pep, McNabb, etc?

It helps to not make mistakes and get the yards when it counts.

Whats your point again? http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/hands/061.gif


my point is the the 2 or 3 non-elites were part of teams that were dominating in other respects and that you can coach an elite qb to make better decisions. but, you can't polish a turd.

PurplePeopleEaters
03-17-2006, 06:15 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

The point of all this is..

You don't need a superstar QB to win a bowl..

Who did the Ravens have when they won thier last superbowl?

the point is this: It helps. winning with a bad qb can be done, but that doesn't make it the best way. more sb's were won by elite qb's than not. we don't have that special team that can just win like that. we had a couple special players we could have built a championchip team around, but now we do not.


Who do u expect to get?

Brad is the man for THIS year..

I expect that we don't trade the rare comodity of a franchise qb for a 2nd round pick in the 1st place.

Franchise QB in your book.

Its not like the guy was loved by all like Elway or Favre.

Since when is a buttload of fumble and interceptions a rare commodity?

The guy did not want to be here.

Exactly. I really get tired of saying this.

Did you really want a whiny, injured, former star QB who didn't want to be on the team lead your team? I would take Joey Harrington over that. He would at least give it his all.

Prophet
03-17-2006, 06:20 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:


The point of all this is..

You don't need a superstar QB to win a bowl..

Who did the Ravens have when they won thier last superbowl?

the point is this: It helps. winning with a bad qb can be done, but that doesn't make it the best way. more sb's were won by elite qb's than not. we don't have that special team that can just win like that. we had a couple special players we could have built a championchip team around, but now we do not.

Who do u expect to get?

Brad is the man for THIS year..

I expect that we don't trade the rare comodity of a franchise qb for a 2nd round pick in the 1st place.

Franchise QB in your book.

Its not like the guy was loved by all like Elway or Favre.

Since when is a buttload of fumble and interceptions a rare commodity?

The guy did not want to be here.

Exactly. I really get tired of saying this.

Did you really want a whiny, injured, former star QB who didn't want to be on the team lead your team? I would take Joey Harrington over that. He would at least give it his all.

It seems like I have heard that somewhere before. badbois (http://purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=search&search_author=badbois) is just having a tough time recovering from his two favorite players leaving. It will all work out.

ThaSuperFreak33
03-17-2006, 06:25 PM
"freaky" wrote:

our quarterback situation is now a joke. our hand was forced with daunte for sure, but regardless we've lost one of the most dynamic qb's in the league. brad was great for what he was last year, but he's hardly someone to build a new regime upon. what's left in terms of quality starters now anyway? even our backup situation is looking woeful. i'm just wondering if anyone else is concerned with our direction here?

I agree. We need someone at the QB position to play backup to BJ. I dislike Joey Harrington as much as the next Viking fan on here but we really dont have anyone to choose from. We never made a move for McCown, Kitna, Brees, or a QB at all. We lost Daunte and we have BJ as our starter and Jt O'sullivan but if BJ goes down and JT has to come in we can kiss our season goodbye. I say we go after Aaron Brooks because he can come in and play if BJ has a problem. He started many NFL games and had some sucess. Ya never know when a QB will come alive and breakout. As far as Harrington I would not mind him as a backup either but I would not spend more thean a 3rd string QB price on him or league minimum I should say because we don't have squat besides BJ and hes 37-38 years old.

badbois
03-17-2006, 06:26 PM
are you saying dounte didn't give his all on the field? you must have been watching a different game then me.

Del Rio
03-17-2006, 06:27 PM
"badbois" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

The point of all this is..

You don't need a superstar QB to win a bowl..

Who did the Ravens have when they won thier last superbowl?

the point is this: It helps. winning with a bad qb can be done, but that doesn't make it the best way. more sb's were won by elite qb's than not. we don't have that special team that can just win like that. we had a couple special players we could have built a championchip team around, but now we do not.


Who do u expect to get?

Brad is the man for THIS year..

I expect that we don't trade the rare comodity of a franchise qb for a 2nd round pick in the 1st place.



This debate is so hypocritical and ironic that I may finally qualify for a handicapped sticker, just for participating.

badbois
03-17-2006, 06:27 PM
and yes, I am still bitter about losing my two favorite players.

badbois
03-17-2006, 06:29 PM
I would also favore brooks, he has more dynamic skills, and those can important when coming off the bench and playing with out many snaps. he has ability and expierience and still has potential.

Prophet
03-17-2006, 06:31 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

...This debate is so hypocritical and ironic that I may finally qualify for a handicapped sticker, just for participating.

:lol: , get me one too. Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting different results?

We must all be insane just from the Daunte/Moss debates.

badbois
03-17-2006, 06:32 PM
bret farve thows a lot of ints. put him on a solid team and there is always a shot at the sb. put him with a bad team and you get last year. same with daunte.

V4L
03-17-2006, 06:34 PM
What exactly was the point of that last statement?

Pretty much any QB would do bad on a bad team..

We have a good team though.. Brad will be fine bro.. Atleast for the year

ultravikingfan
03-17-2006, 06:36 PM
"badbois" wrote:

my point is the the 2 or 3 non-elites were part of teams that were dominating in other respects and that you can coach an elite qb to make better decisions. but, you can't polish a turd.

Dude. They all won the SB. They were good in all areas of the game.

You are just fishing here hoping to catch a point. Problem is the pond is empty and you forgot your fishing rod.

"badbois" wrote:

I would also favore brooks, he has more dynamic skills, and those can important when coming off the bench and playing with out many snaps. he has ability and expierience and still has potential.

Wow!

You just said, "you can coach an elite qb to make better decisions. but, you can't polish a turd".

http://sk1pper.com/I_was_smart_today.bmp

badbois
03-17-2006, 06:37 PM
what I saw last year was not a good team. what i see coming this year is worse.

V4L
03-17-2006, 06:38 PM
We also had no offensive line last year and no running game..

Our QB's were getting blitz constintley.. Now we will be able to pick it up with a good line..

BRAD WILL BE FINE FOR THE YEAR

badbois
03-17-2006, 06:38 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

my point is the the 2 or 3 non-elites were part of teams that were dominating in other respects and that you can coach an elite qb to make better decisions. but, you can't polish a turd.

Dude. They all won the SB. They were good in all areas of the game.

You are just fishing here hoping to catch a point. Problem is the pond is empty and you forgot your fishing rod.

"badbois" wrote:

I would also favore brooks, he has more dynamic skills, and those can important when coming off the bench and playing with out many snaps. he has ability and expierience and still has potential.

Wow!

You just said, "you can coach an elite qb to make better decisions. but, you can't polish a turd".

http://sk1pper.com/I_was_smart_today.bmp
you already ate lunch? it's like 10:38!

Del Rio
03-17-2006, 06:39 PM
"badbois" wrote:

bret farve thows a lot of ints. put him on a solid team and there is always a shot at the sb. put him with a bad team and you get last year. same with daunte.

Yeah so ALL DAUNTE needs is a great team to carry his ass to the superbowl.

Oh but wasn't it you that were saying he is elite, he is franchise...ELWAY, MONTANA.......blah blah blah.....

Brad Johnson didn't win anything his team did........All Culpepper needs is a good team and he will win........does anyone else find this sad?

Brad Johnson threw for over 4000 yards playing for the REDSKINS! Brad Johnson has thrown for over 3000 yards multiple times playing for the BUCS........no name recievers, maybe one #1 WR if that..........and yet he gets the job done. 7/9 for the VIKINGS with no name WR's

WTF has Daunte done with so little? NOTHING AT ALL he has always had MOSS, without him he has prooven NOTHING.

Why was Brad able to get the job done with so little? Because he is smart, he is well diciplined, he can read defenses, he can read routes, and he can throw the ball on time with accuracy. THAT IS ALL you need at QB.

Daunte isn't coming back, Moss isn't coming back and who the fuck really cares at the end of the day, because they brought us NOTHING but a few good years of fantasy stats, some off the field drama to talk about and a whole boat load of fairweather fans. It's too bad when they left they didn't take the trash they brought with them.

badbois
03-17-2006, 06:39 PM
If we lose hutch, we are in the same boat.

ultravikingfan
03-17-2006, 06:40 PM
Is the world 1 time zone?

Check my location.

badbois
03-17-2006, 06:41 PM
then why can't b-rad get a starting job anywhere else. his sb win couldn't even keep him his job in tampa.

V4L
03-17-2006, 06:42 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

bret farve thows a lot of ints. put him on a solid team and there is always a shot at the sb. put him with a bad team and you get last year. same with daunte.

Yeah so ALL DAUNTE needs is a great team to carry his jiggly butt to the superbowl.

Oh but wasn't it you that were saying he is elite, he is franchise...ELWAY, MONTANA.......blah blah blah.....

Brad Johnson didn't win anything his team did........All Culpepper needs is a good team and he will win........does anyone else find this sad?

Brad Johnson threw for over 4000 yards playing for the REDSKINS! Brad Johnson has thrown for over 3000 yards multiple times playing for the BUCS........no name recievers, maybe one #1 WR if that..........and yet he gets the job done. 7/9 for the VIKINGS with no name WR's

WTF has Daunte done with so little? NOTHING AT ALL he has always had MOSS, without him he has prooven NOTHING.

Why was Brad able to get the job done with so little? Because he is smart, he is well diciplined, he can read defenses, he can read routes, and he can throw the ball on time with accuracy. THAT IS ALL you need at QB.

Daunte isn't coming back, Moss isn't coming back and who the F!!ck really cares at the end of the day, because they brought us NOTHING but a few good years of fantasy stats, some off the field drama to talk about and a whole boat load of fairweather fans. It's too bad when they left they didn't take the trash they brought with them.


YES!!! :lol:

Del I frickin worship u man.. Ur the king of logic :cheers: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Del Rio
03-17-2006, 06:44 PM
"badbois" wrote:

then why can't b-rad get a starting job anywhere else. his sb win couldn't even keep him his job in tampa.

Guess what.......

Brad Johnson does have a starting job. On the best goddamn football team ever created.

He also would have had a starting job last year sooner if we didn't have a pantywaste for a HC who didn't have the balls to pull out a guy who could possibly manage 5 damn turnovers in one game.

Prophet
03-17-2006, 06:44 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

bret farve thows a lot of ints. put him on a solid team and there is always a shot at the sb. put him with a bad team and you get last year. same with daunte.

Yeah so ALL DAUNTE needs is a great team to carry his jiggly butt to the superbowl.

Oh but wasn't it you that were saying he is elite, he is franchise...ELWAY, MONTANA.......blah blah blah.....

Brad Johnson didn't win anything his team did........All Culpepper needs is a good team and he will win........does anyone else find this sad?

Brad Johnson threw for over 4000 yards playing for the REDSKINS! Brad Johnson has thrown for over 3000 yards multiple times playing for the BUCS........no name recievers, maybe one #1 WR if that..........and yet he gets the job done. 7/9 for the VIKINGS with no name WR's

WTF has Daunte done with so little? NOTHING AT ALL he has always had MOSS, without him he has prooven NOTHING.

Why was Brad able to get the job done with so little? Because he is smart, he is well diciplined, he can read defenses, he can read routes, and he can throw the ball on time with accuracy. THAT IS ALL you need at QB.

Daunte isn't coming back, Moss isn't coming back and who the F!!ck really cares at the end of the day, because they brought us NOTHING but a few good years of fantasy stats, some off the field drama to talk about and a whole boat load of fairweather fans. It's too bad when they left they didn't take the trash they brought with them.


YES!!! :lol:

Del I frickin worship u man.. Ur the king of logic :cheers: :notworthy: :notworthy:

lmao, it has been spoken.

badbois
03-17-2006, 06:45 PM
within a game of the sb.

V4L
03-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Bucs thought he was on the downside of his career..

He proved them wrong

ultravikingfan
03-17-2006, 06:47 PM
"badbois" wrote:

are you saying dounte didn't give his all on the field? you must have been watching a different game then me.

Where did I say that?

I bet Ryan Leaf gave his all also.

Its just that some players "all" is not all that. I could give my all, but its not going to even get me a SB ring.

"badbois" wrote:

and yes, I am still bitter about losing my two favorite players.

Did you get these from Del?

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e300/Harms2001/NFL-Logo.jpg

"badbois" wrote:

bret farve thows a lot of ints. put him on a solid team and there is always a shot at the sb. put him with a bad team and you get last year. same with daunte.

Yeah, and when he was on his "A" game he helped them win a Super Bowl.

Whats your point?

"badbois" wrote:

what I saw last year was not a good team. what i see coming this year is worse.

Nobody thought the Steelers were gonna be good either.

Who ever thought that after going 7-5 that they could win 3 playoff games on the road against 3 of the best teams in the NFL?

Last time I checked, they won the Super Bowl (without an "elite" QB).

"badbois" wrote:

If we lose hutch, we are in the same boat.

As what?

Once again...the pond is empty.

http://sk1pper.com/plunger.JPG

Del Rio
03-17-2006, 06:55 PM
"badbois" wrote:

within a game of the sb.

Awesome.......you made my point for me.

He isn't elite. If the best he can do is manage to get one game away...when you have a top 5 Rusher and the #1 WR in the NFL on your team with multiple probowl offensive lineman, and a 10th ranked defense that was a top five in takeaways in the NFL then you aren't worth a damn in my eyes.

Chris Carter....Robert Smith....Randy Moss....great cordinators....prooven coach....solid special teams.. Probowl lineman....

Brad Johnson got injured and Culpepper took over when Randy Moss stepped onto the scene. Culpeppers one skill? Bombing it in Randy Moss' direction.

V4L
03-17-2006, 06:56 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

are you saying dounte didn't give his all on the field? you must have been watching a different game then me.

Where did I say that?

I bet Ryan Leaf gave his all also.

Its just that some players "all" is not all that. I could give my all, but its not going to even get me a SB ring.

"badbois" wrote:

and yes, I am still bitter about losing my two favorite players.

Did you get these from Del?

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e300/Harms2001/NFL-Logo.jpg

"badbois" wrote:

bret farve thows a lot of ints. put him on a solid team and there is always a shot at the sb. put him with a bad team and you get last year. same with daunte.

Yeah, and when he was on his "A" game he helped them win a Super Bowl.

Whats your point?

"badbois" wrote:

what I saw last year was not a good team. what i see coming this year is worse.

Nobody thought the Steelers were gonna be good either.

Who ever thought that after going 7-5 that they could win 3 playoff games on the road against 3 of the best teams in the NFL?

Last time I checked, they won the Super Bowl (without an "elite" QB).

"badbois" wrote:

If we lose hutch, we are in the same boat.

As what?

Once again...the pond is empty.

http://sk1pper.com/plunger.JPG


I love the use of the pics :lol:

badbois
03-17-2006, 06:59 PM
yeh, it's not like he ever led the nfl in completeion % or set the record for total yards or anything.

Prophet
03-17-2006, 07:04 PM
I'll help you guys out. Take 11 or 84 seconds to figure out badbois thought processes by clicking here (http://purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=search&search_author=badbois).

V4L
03-17-2006, 07:05 PM
"badbois" wrote:

yeh, it's not like he ever led the nfl in completeion % or set the record for total yards or anything.

What is ur deal?

PurplePeopleEaters
03-17-2006, 07:09 PM
Who cares if he did all that Badbois? The Ravens won the Super Bowl with fricken Trent Dilfer at Quarterback!

ultravikingfan
03-17-2006, 07:10 PM
"badbois" wrote:

yeh, it's not like he ever led the nfl in completeion % or set the record for total yards or anything.

I am sorry, I usually do not go after things like this .

But, what fricken good are stats in the end? Do they put a ring on your finger?

Brad, Dilfer, and Elway did not light it up statistically either. They got rings.

Look, you are getting killed here. Take a few weeks to formulate a point, because you are lacking one big time.

Del Rio
03-17-2006, 07:10 PM
"badbois" wrote:

yeh, it's not like he ever led the nfl in completeion % or set the record for total yards or anything.

*takes a deep breath I'm a mod, I'm a mod, I'm a mod......*

OK

Are you lost? Do you need a map?

V4L
03-17-2006, 07:11 PM
Peyton and Pep had AWESOME years 2 years ago.. MVP years.. amazing stats.. Dan Marino all time stat leader...

They all have no rings.. Stats for a QB doesn't mean much

ultravikingfan
03-17-2006, 07:13 PM
http://www.zancarius.com/images/funny_map.jpg

I found him.

PurplePeopleEaters
03-17-2006, 07:18 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

http://www.zancarius.com/images/funny_map.jpg

I found him.

Is his argument there too?

V4L
03-17-2006, 07:19 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

http://www.zancarius.com/images/funny_map.jpg

I found him.

Is his argument there too?


I would say so..

He keeps coming up with outrageous things.. Outta no where.. For no reason

More random them BBQ

whackthepack
03-17-2006, 07:23 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

yeh, it's not like he ever led the nfl in completeion % or set the record for total yards or anything.

What is ur deal?


My first thoughts of this guy was that he was a Phins troll, he joined the day they signed Daunte. He clains to be a Viking fan, but I do not buy it! In my opinion he is a troll, that does not mean he is, but it is my take on him!

V4L
03-17-2006, 07:23 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

yeh, it's not like he ever led the nfl in completeion % or set the record for total yards or anything.

What is ur deal?


My first thoughts of this guy was that he was a Phins troll, he joined the day they signed Daunte. He clains to be a Viking fan, but I do not buy it! In my opinion he is a troll, that does not mean he is, but it is my take on him!


I got that hunch too

fromos
03-17-2006, 07:27 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

I'll help you guys out. Take 11 or 84 seconds to figure out badbois thought processes by clicking here (http://purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=search&search_author=badbois).
Good point.

ultravikingfan
03-17-2006, 07:28 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

yeh, it's not like he ever led the nfl in completeion % or set the record for total yards or anything.

What is ur deal?


My first thoughts of this guy was that he was a Phins troll, he joined the day they signed Daunte. He clains to be a Viking fan, but I do not buy it! In my opinion he is a troll, that does not mean he is, but it is my take on him!

If he was that guy I would'v let it be known. I think he is a Vikings fan. But he puts everything into stats as opposed to playing on the field.

Just another person cheering for the player as opposed to the team.

fromos
03-17-2006, 07:30 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

yeh, it's not like he ever led the nfl in completeion % or set the record for total yards or anything.

I am sorry, I usually do not go after things like this .

But, what fricken good are stats in the end? Do they put a ring on your finger?

Brad, Dilfer, and Elway did not light it up statistically either. They got rings.

Look, you are getting killed here. Take a few weeks to formulate a point, because you are lacking one big time.
I'm not even so sure Culpepper can get those stats without Moss either. Moss is the only guy you can throw into double coverage and still expect a completion instead of a turnover with. Culpepper didn't seem to know that this year, probably because he always thought it was his skills that landed the catch (he says he's a $10 million/year qb), and this was probably the reason Moss and Cpep fought. Throw in a bum knee and what's Culpepper worth, a 2nd round draft pick if even that?

freaky
03-18-2006, 01:40 AM
can we just postpone this argument for 12 months please dudes? i think we've tread water long enough..daunte is either star or stool, brad is either still got it or one shuffle into a retirement home & eating food through a straw with vinny testaverde...let's just see how it rolls

sabatajh
03-18-2006, 05:40 AM
"freaky" wrote:

can we just postpone this argument for 12 months please dudes? i think we've tread water long enough..daunte is either star or stool, brad is either still got it or one shuffle into a retirement home & eating food through a straw with vinny testaverde...let's just see how it rolls

That's the best post i've seen in this thread!

HornedHat
03-18-2006, 05:49 AM
Nothing is more fruitless than arguing Brad's merits. We need another QB, but aren't likely to get a starter this season, so Brad it is. Unless you want Aaron Brooks? I believe Daunte and Aaron share some spectacular fumble highlights. I am done with the fumbles.

vikingsbenchwarmer
03-18-2006, 05:53 AM
He must me so dumb he thought a Quarterback was a Tax Refund!!

nogathomasmillarddoleman
03-18-2006, 08:05 AM
Brad Johnson has the capabilities to lead us to a championship; no ? about it.
If you think not, then you do not know football.
End of story.

freaky
03-18-2006, 08:42 AM
actually if you think not, it means you have a different opinion of his current ability & capacity to be productive

Brewtal
03-18-2006, 09:17 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

bret farve thows a lot of ints. put him on a solid team and there is always a shot at the sb. put him with a bad team and you get last year. same with daunte.

Yeah so ALL DAUNTE needs is a great team to carry his jiggly butt to the superbowl.

Oh but wasn't it you that were saying he is elite, he is franchise...ELWAY, MONTANA.......blah blah blah.....

Brad Johnson didn't win anything his team did........All Culpepper needs is a good team and he will win........does anyone else find this sad?

Brad Johnson threw for over 4000 yards playing for the REDSKINS! Brad Johnson has thrown for over 3000 yards multiple times playing for the BUCS........no name recievers, maybe one #1 WR if that..........and yet he gets the job done. 7/9 for the VIKINGS with no name WR's

WTF has Daunte done with so little? NOTHING AT ALL he has always had MOSS, without him he has prooven NOTHING.

Why was Brad able to get the job done with so little? Because he is smart, he is well diciplined, he can read defenses, he can read routes, and he can throw the ball on time with accuracy. THAT IS ALL you need at QB.

Daunte isn't coming back, Moss isn't coming back and who the F!!ck really cares at the end of the day, because they brought us NOTHING but a few good years of fantasy stats, some off the field drama to talk about and a whole boat load of fairweather fans. It's too bad when they left they didn't take the trash they brought with them.

Well said my friend.

nogathomasmillarddoleman
03-18-2006, 09:30 AM
"freaky" wrote:

actually if you think not, it means you have a different opinion of his current ability & capacity to be productive

Alrighty,then.

freaky
03-18-2006, 09:31 AM
can we please put this in context...forget daunte because that's ancient history! what brad has done in the past counts for nothing because he wasn't 3000years old then. we all know he has an incredible brain & game management period. but let's not forget who we beat on the run-in last year & let's not have delusions that because we got a little run going that we were anything good. the first sight of a half decent team & we got whacked. excluding chicago because we had nothing to lose at all there. i don't know about you guys, but i got bigger hopes than just stumbling over the line against the plebs of this league. newsflash: that's all brad's ever gonna do!

nogathomasmillarddoleman
03-18-2006, 10:16 AM
"I don't you guys" "plebs".

Granted, Brad is past his days, but he has a football mind which is really what matters. We got whacked because our TEAM couldn't hold up. At least when he was under duress, he didn't give the ball back at our 10

Beat it to a pulp, the fact is he is our qb, and I'd rather him over Daunte hands down.

nogathomasmillarddoleman
03-18-2006, 10:18 AM
How can I go from 86 posts to 86 posts?

freaky
03-18-2006, 10:20 AM
yes 'plebs' is a word dude lol...meaning like scum or low-life of sorts...sorry..

vikingsbenchwarmer
03-18-2006, 10:58 AM
hey freaky you favorite player is pepper, get rid of that lol j/k

jaymz7
03-18-2006, 10:59 AM
"nogathomasmillarddoleman" wrote:

How can I go from 86 posts to 86 posts?

It is set up this way to keep people from running up their post count with by just posting several responses to the same post.

Also Prophet hacked in and set it up so that if you mis spell a word you don't get the post credit. That will teach ya.

:lol:

freaky
03-18-2006, 11:16 AM
can't remember how to change the fricking thing lol...guess i have to hope he comes back! lol

vikingsbenchwarmer
03-18-2006, 11:18 AM
"freaky" wrote:

can't remember how to change the fricking thing lol...guess i have to hope he comes back! lolFreaky go to my account and under my profile info, change it to sharper j/k that my favorite. Thats were you can change it at.

freaky
03-18-2006, 11:22 AM
happy now?

vikingsbenchwarmer
03-18-2006, 11:26 AM
!!LOL!!! You made me blush, i feel flattered j/k I better add you to my mad skills player list j/k(doesnt make sense)

freaky
03-18-2006, 11:30 AM
hahahahaha..well honestly no individual is exciting me right now & that's a good thing! i want a boring team, full of boring dudes that get sh*t done! instead of the muppets we've had every year since i can remember

whiteviking24
03-18-2006, 11:38 AM
"freaky" wrote:

can we please put this in context...forget daunte because that's ancient history! what brad has done in the past counts for nothing because he wasn't 3000years old then. we all know he has an incredible brain & game management period. but let's not forget who we beat on the run-in last year & let's not have delusions that because we got a little run going that we were anything good. the first sight of a half decent team & we got whacked. excluding chicago because we had nothing to lose at all there. i don't know about you guys, but i got bigger hopes than just stumbling over the line against the plebs of this league. newsflash: that's all brad's ever gonna do!

When you talk about "lets not forget who we beat in the run we had going" with Brad.

One of those teams we beat was the Gaints, and yes special teams got the points that day and we had nothing for offensive yardage, however if Cpep was in there we would have lost our butts, Brad is smart >period.

I'm sure Cpep would've had alot more yards and junk, but I bet he would've throwen at least a couple int's that the g men would've turned into points and thus we would have lost.

I realize it is alot of could've this and could've that, but its just my two cents and something to think about when Brad Johnson comes to mind.

peace.

freaky
03-18-2006, 11:43 AM
dude stevie wonder would've won that game at qb...are u saying brad johnson orchestrated our record breaking day on special teams?

vikingsbenchwarmer
03-18-2006, 11:51 AM
"freaky" wrote:

dude stevie wonder would've won that game at qb...are u saying brad johnson orchestrated our record breaking day on special teams?Freaky got a point, that feels weird saying it j/k

whiteviking24
03-18-2006, 11:54 AM
Freaky, Are sayin you don't think Cpep would've throwen int's ??

whiteviking24
03-18-2006, 12:07 PM
My point is Brad doesn't get "rattled" and he did get us in postion to make the winning feild goal in the end so yes him playing at QB had to do with us winning. He makes good descions and is a good quaterback.

Brewtal
03-18-2006, 12:12 PM
"freaky" wrote:

can we please put this in context...forget daunte because that's ancient history! what brad has done in the past counts for nothing because he wasn't 3000years old then. we all know he has an incredible brain & game management period. but let's not forget who we beat on the run-in last year & let's not have delusions that because we got a little run going that we were anything good. the first sight of a half decent team & we got whacked. excluding chicago because we had nothing to lose at all there. i don't know about you guys, but i got bigger hopes than just stumbling over the line against the plebs of this league. newsflash: that's all brad's ever gonna do!

New's flash, you know nothing about football.

freaky
03-18-2006, 12:12 PM
i'm not saying pepp would've made ints or not...it's not about that...brad doesn't get as rattled & is more methodical but by the same token he can't get it done like daunte & bust a game open...but the game at the meadowlands wasn;'t determined by a qb...daunte is a high risk qb...the higher the risk, the higher the gain...simple

vikingsbenchwarmer
03-18-2006, 12:12 PM
"whiteviking24" wrote:

My point is Brad doesn't get "rattled" and he did get us in postion to make the winning feild goal in the end so yes him playing at QB had to do with us winning. He makes good descions and is a good quaterback.yup, After all he did win a superbowl with a bad offensive team(buccaneers). What i like about johnson he is very calm. I also like his thirst to win, He saw that culpepper was losing respect everywhere in minnesota so he said he wanted to be the starter. Split the front office and culpepper apart

vikingsbenchwarmer
03-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Dont you remember 39 TD's, only 11 ints for culpepper in 04' but our record was 8-8

whiteviking24
03-18-2006, 12:16 PM
I don't care that we beat "low talent" teams as you say.

winning against any team is winning !

IMO as of RIGHT NOW Brad Johnson is our best bet.

Any given sunday a good team can get beat by an underdog if your quaterback makes bad descions and turns the ball over, so I support Brad for getting his job done.

I'm not trying to argue with you, and yes Johnson is not real flashy or super exciting to watch, but none the less he is good at what he does.
I for one can't wait to see what he does if he has a better o-line and a better RB to fall back on to open up the running game.

jaymz7
03-18-2006, 10:58 PM
"Wiggles67" wrote:

"jaymz7" wrote:

"wyorob" wrote:

Bring in Joey from Detroit, I think we can make him into a good if not great QB

:duh:

You know you can still run your post count up and post intellegent responses.I havent laughed this hard from something being posted here in weeks....thank you jaymz7

Glad it made you laugh. I was just getting tired of all of the aimless comments. Glad to see Del and Ultra came along and ran most of the culprits off.

ultravikingfan
03-18-2006, 11:04 PM
"jaymz7" wrote:

"Wiggles67" wrote:

"jaymz7" wrote:

"wyorob" wrote:

Bring in Joey from Detroit, I think we can make him into a good if not great QB

:duh:

You know you can still run your post count up and post intellegent responses.I havent laughed this hard from something being posted here in weeks....thank you jaymz7

Glad it made you laugh. I was just getting tired of all of the aimless comments. Glad to see Del and Ultra came along and ran most of the culprits off.

That comment made me shat my trousers!

PurplePeopleEaters89
03-19-2006, 12:00 AM
"Tanner_QBRB8" wrote:

i dont think even the greatest sculpters can turn Joey Harrington into a Good or Great QB

TRUE DAT!! I he think he is a sub par QB!! He is like a reincarnated (can't spell) Ryan Leaf!!

vikingsbenchwarmer
03-19-2006, 12:37 AM
"PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:

"Tanner_QBRB8" wrote:

i dont think even the greatest sculpters can turn Joey Harrington into a Good or Great QB

TRUE DAT!! I he think he is a sub par QB!! He is like a reincarnated (can't spell) Ryan Leaf!!Thats harsh