PDA

View Full Version : Daunte Culpepper interview(on SC)

DaunteHOF
03-16-2006, 01:34 AM
Said he wanted to be a Vike up till March 6th, that the FO didnt want him here. Uh, huh, I KNEW IT!

KirillDM
03-16-2006, 01:37 AM
those basterds...

MensaTice
03-16-2006, 01:38 AM
What would anyone expect him to say? Now that he got what he wanted after the team wouldn't pay him millions he doesn't deserve but demanded anyway, of course he's going to take the high road but throw in that subtle jab that the team forced him out. HE FORCED THEIR HAND BECAUSE THEY WOULDN'T GIVE IN TO HIS RIDICULOUS DEMAND! its not that tough to decifer. DaunteHOF, we get it, you are a Pep fan.

Turboe
03-16-2006, 01:42 AM
Looks like from the neck up that he has lost a little weight? I would love to see what kind of shape he is going to come into the season in. With the new bionic knee he is going to have to play at a little lighter weight from now on I would imagine.

Prophet
03-16-2006, 01:49 AM
Wow, that is a surprise. :roll:

cajunvike
03-16-2006, 01:58 AM
"Turboe" wrote:

Looks like from the neck up that he has lost a little weight? I would love to see what kind of shape he is going to come into the season in. With the new bionic knee he is going to have to play at a little lighter weight from now on I would imagine.

He's always been a lightweight above the neck! :evil4:

Turboe
03-16-2006, 02:03 AM
Good one cajun.

RK.
03-16-2006, 03:16 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Said he wanted to be a Vike up till March 6th, that the FO didnt want him here. Uh, huh, I KNEW IT!
Yeah you could tell that by the way he was hanging out with Childress learning the new system and getting ready for the start of training camp. :roll: I guess we can add less than truthful to his character qualities. Ohhh thats right his wife already did that. :lol:

ChiTownVike
03-16-2006, 03:26 AM
Wow, you could at least be humble

I hope is BIONIC KNEE faulters and he wishes he never left us

collegeguyjeff
03-16-2006, 03:34 AM
"Williamson8211" wrote:

yeah maybe he'll be thinking later on, darn i shoulda kept my mouth shut and got my 6 mil roster bonus.

oddmanout22287
03-16-2006, 03:44 AM
"Williamson8211" wrote:

Wow, you could at least not wish injury upon somoene.

Ltrey33
03-16-2006, 03:49 AM
"MensaTice" wrote:

What would anyone expect him to say? Now that he got what he wanted after the team wouldn't pay him millions he doesn't deserve but demanded anyway, of course he's going to take the high road but throw in that subtle jab that the team forced him out. HE FORCED THEIR HAND BECAUSE THEY WOULDN'T GIVE IN TO HIS RIDICULOUS DEMAND! its not that tough to decifer. DaunteHOF, we get it, you are a Pep fan.

I'm pretty sure that Pep would have said "I forced my way out and the management didn't have anything to do with it." :roll:

Stop defending him. It's over.
(That was a sidenote....I didn't say you were defending him Mensa.)

whackthepack
03-16-2006, 03:49 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Yeah right, then monkeys flew out of his butt!

MensaTice
03-16-2006, 03:51 AM
"oddmanout22287" wrote:

I can't speak for him but I can wish that and do quite often. I hope favre comes back next year so he can break his neck at the dome. I will laugh him off the field. As far as Daunte goes, i wouldn't be sad to see him get hurt again and not collect on all the money that potentially awaits him. Actually, it would please me if he never saw another cent from the NFL no matter what the cost. Thats just me though. So no, I can't "at least not wish injury upon somoene."

jaymz7
03-16-2006, 03:57 AM
I hope CPEP comes back and has a great career. I even hope he gets the fins to the superbowl and they play against the Vikes. But mostly I hope the Vikes beat them. CPEP is one of the best QB's when things are just right for him to thrive. It was time for the Vikes to go with a different type of play and lets face it CPEP would not have been able to thrive using it. He will be fine in Miami and deep down after the Vikes win the superbowl either against the fins or whoever they play CPEP will wish he had at least tried to make it work in Minn.

Good luck CPEP, but its time for the Vikes to move on and show the NFL the team made the right choice.

purplepride818
03-16-2006, 03:57 AM
he also said he would be ready to play week 1. yeah right!

HornedHat
03-16-2006, 04:00 AM
Tiddleywinks is an action sport involving wrist action, so, theoretically, his knee should not hinder him playing. He still is a threat to fumble, however.

Idahovike
03-16-2006, 04:02 AM
Suzy Kolber reported that he called Minnesota hell.

Gift
03-16-2006, 04:12 AM
wow, a couple of real classy posts in this thread :roll:

Good luck Daunte, Better luck Vikes!

Ltrey33
03-16-2006, 04:13 AM
"Idahovike" wrote:

:shock: Really?

marshallvike
03-16-2006, 04:13 AM
f- him. he has lead the team to victory twice on last minute drives 2 times in his career in minnesota. he has turned the ball over (25?) times on last minute drives in his career. he could not read a defense to save his ass. if the primary receiver was covered, the 2nd and 3rd receiver might as well have been picking grass(turf), because he could not count that far, it was going to the back. good riddance, it was a wasted 6 yrs.

marshallvike
03-16-2006, 04:14 AM
but he was a nice guy.

COJOMAY
03-16-2006, 04:18 AM
This has probably been posted elsewhere but...

Dolphins | Culpepper passes physical
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 12:20:42 -0800

ESPNews reports Miami Dolphins QB Daunte Culpepper (knee) passed his physical Wednesday, March 15, which makes the trade from the Minnesota Vikings for a 2006 second-round draft choice complete.

Well, at least we know that he's gone for good now!

VikesfaninWis
03-16-2006, 04:21 AM
:blah5: :blah5: :blah5:

Next subject please....

vikinginvirginia
03-16-2006, 04:23 AM
"ltrey33" wrote:

"Idahovike" wrote:

:shock: Really?

Hell sure pays well. Duante's hell began on that boat. Sorry dude, you made your own hell.

MensaTice
03-16-2006, 04:24 AM
I can honestly say that I care more about what Hillary Clinton's bowel movements smell like than anything Daunte has to say. That guy lick my taint

COJOMAY
03-16-2006, 04:26 AM
Some guy on another web site said we'll never be able to draft anymore players because Daunte will tell them what racist owners we have and how racist Minnesota is. He'll keep telling them not to come to Minnesota and they won't.
What a crock of crap!

MensaTice
03-16-2006, 04:31 AM
Thats just stupid. Unless you're talking about a top pick, players have no say in where they get drafted. Free agency doesn't scare me either because players will go where the money is.

oddmanout22287
03-16-2006, 04:41 AM
"MensaTice" wrote:

"oddmanout22287" wrote:

I can't speak for him but I can wish that and do quite often. I hope favre comes back next year so he can break his neck at the dome. I will laugh him off the field. As far as Daunte goes, i wouldn't be sad to see him get hurt again and not collect on all the money that potentially awaits him. Actually, it would please me if he never saw another cent from the NFL no matter what the cost. Thats just me though. So no, I can't "at least not wish injury upon somoene."

I used to do that a lot, wishing injury on players that I didn't like. But I changed my mind when I started dating my current g/f. Her dad was a pitcher in the majors (he's actually trying to make a comeback this year), and she caught me yelling at the T.V. wishing a guy would break his leg, or something like that. She gave me a stern talking to; she told me how her family would watch each one of her dad's games and cringe if a ball even came near him, because a) that's someone they love and b) if he gets injured, no more income!
I'm not trying to be holier-than-thou, and I'm not trying to say I'm better than anyone, so I'm sorry if I came off that way. Just saying, remember that these guys are real people, with real lives, and they have people who love them and would be crushed if they suffered a critical injury.

RK.
03-16-2006, 04:51 AM
Wishing people injury is trailer trash Packer thinking. Knock it off. I would like to see him fumble away his starting job in FL but I also hope he recovers from his injury and doesn't get hurt again. I don't like to see anybody get hurt. :???:

MensaTice
03-16-2006, 05:00 AM
Let me restate this. I wouldn't lose one second of sleep over daunte never being able to play another down in the NFL. If its because of injury, well thats part of the game. Its a crime that such piece of trash can collect that much cash.

DaunteHOF
03-16-2006, 05:15 AM
Daunte is one of the classiest players in the league, terrible he's being treated like this

vikings11_27
03-16-2006, 05:23 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Daunte is one of the classiest players in the league, terrible he's being treated like this

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

He is a joke
He is an idiot
He is a tool
He is a dumbass
and he is definatly not classy

What kind of dumbass throws twice as many picks as TD's then blows out his enitire knee, then asks for a raise!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? On top of that he refusesd to rehab here and even make an attempt to learn the new system!!!!! What a joke, I dont know what you were thinking when you wrote that, but I sure hope you were either joking or are getting major help

olson_10
03-16-2006, 05:34 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

i will now define "class" - 1. an individual who secretly lobbies for his co-star to be traded in the offseason. 2. an individual who performs terribly, suffers a potential career ending injury, and then demands an extra 10 million dollars in guarenteed money. 3. a "team leader" who leads his team onto a boat cruise where he and several other teammates receive lap dances from strippers in public. 4. a man who refuses to speak with management, then reads headlines about himself, and assumes it means they are all true. 5. a man who shows up to watch the team that he "leads" only once after suffering his injury

olson_10
03-16-2006, 05:35 AM
"vikings11_27" wrote:

"DaunteHOF" wrote:

He is a joke
He is an idiot
He is a tool
He is a dumbass

What kind of dumbass throws twice as many picks as TD's then blows out his enitire knee, then asks for a raise!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? On top of that he refusesd to rehab here and even make an attempt to learn the new system!!!!! What a joke, I dont know what you were thinking when you wrote that, but I sure hope you were either joking or are getting major help
i really really hope he was joking, because i completely missed the punchline after reading his comment

olson_10
03-16-2006, 05:36 AM
"MensaTice" wrote:

Let me restate this. I wouldn't lose one second of sleep over daunte never being able to play another down in the NFL. If its because of injury, well thats part of the game. Its a crime that such piece of trash can collect that much cash.
me too..only under one circumstance would i care if he ever played again, and that would only be if the draft pick was conditional..otherwise his success or misfortunes mean nothing to us

DiehardVikesFan
03-16-2006, 05:58 AM
"vikings11_27" wrote:

"DaunteHOF" wrote:

He is a joke
He is an idiot
He is a tool
He is a dumbass

Calling someone a joke, idiot, tool, and a dumbass isn't exactly classy either.

ultravikingfan
03-16-2006, 06:12 AM
"marshallvike" wrote:

but he was a nice guy.

Too bad that does not bring a team any rings. :???:

ultravikingfan
03-16-2006, 06:13 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Move on I guess.

Follow him with the Dolphins or pull for Brad.

Its your choice.

olson_10
03-16-2006, 06:22 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"marshallvike" wrote:

but he was a nice guy.

Too bad that does not bring a team any rings. :???:
im sure spergeon wynn is a nice guy too..but all he accomplished was being traded for pennies around the CFL

collegeguyjeff
03-16-2006, 06:24 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

classy? yeah he's classy when he's on camera. he wasn't classy on that boat and that hurt his nice man do nothing wrong image. then he says bad stuff about minnesota. can't believe he said minnesota is hell. wait yeah i can cause he is a punk saying stuff like that about a team that stuck with all his fumbles and mistakes since 99 and went nowhere with him as quarterback.

so-cal vike
03-16-2006, 06:27 AM
Bye Daunte...F**k you Daunte.

olson_10
03-16-2006, 06:30 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

"DaunteHOF" wrote:

classy? yeah he's classy when he's on camera. he wasn't classy on that boat and that hurt his nice man do nothing wrong image. then he says bad stuff about minnesota. can't believe he said minnesota is hell. wait yeah i can cause he is a punk saying stuff like that about a team that stuck with all his fumbles and mistakes since 99 and went nowhere with him as quarterback.
did he actually say that? because if he did, then im going to say a prayer that he busts his knee in his first game back, and never ever plays again..we all treated him a lot better than he deserved to be treated here considering how he never got this team past mediocrity or failure

vikingTurf
03-16-2006, 06:30 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Sorry for asking this(probably stupid), but what(who) is FO??? Am I missin sth?

so-cal vike
03-16-2006, 06:32 AM
Front Office.

PurplePeopleEaters
03-16-2006, 06:33 AM
Nice title Vikingturf. Just noticed that. :lol:

Is that from the whole table tennis talk?

vikingTurf
03-16-2006, 06:34 AM
"so-cal vike" wrote:

Front Office.
Oh ok, thanks!!

DiehardVikesFan
03-16-2006, 06:34 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

"DaunteHOF" wrote:

We went nowhere with any of our quarterbacks, ever.

collegeguyjeff
03-16-2006, 06:35 AM
"olson_10" wrote:

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

"DaunteHOF" wrote:

did he actually say that? because if he did, then im going to say a prayer that he busts his knee in his first game back, and never ever plays again..we all treated him a lot better than he deserved to be treated here considering how he never got this team past mediocrity or failure

the lady on espn said he said that. could be a mistake though cause espn does that a lot. but i love minnesota it's real pretty and fishing and all that other good stuff. however i don't think im gonna live here when im all done with college i wanna move to tennessee or georgia.

vikingTurf
03-16-2006, 06:35 AM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

Nice title Vikingturf. Just noticed that. :lol:

Is that from the whole table tennis talk?
Don't ask me, ask Cajun and Webby. yeah i was having one more tt talk with cajun and Webby noticed that, and phew there you, i got the title, I am fine with that.

olson_10
03-16-2006, 06:37 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

"DaunteHOF" wrote:

the lady on espn said he said that. could be a mistake though cause espn does that a lot. but i love minnesota it's real pretty and fishing and all that other good stuff. however i don't think im gonna live here when im all done with college i wanna move to tennessee or georgia.
i make the drive down a couple times a year because i just love the city..i grew up in st louis, and now i live in winnipeg, but minnesota (minneapolis specifically) will be the place i spend the rest of my life after finishing school

olson_10
03-16-2006, 06:43 AM
bashing minnesota though? now all the daunte butt kissers cant defend him for ripping the state of minnesota..but im sure you will all find a way to make that wilf's fault as well

collegeguyjeff
03-16-2006, 06:44 AM
iv'e been all over in texas and down south and all i'll say is minneapolis area is much nicer than a lot of larger cities that i have been too. it's cleaner, less crime and stuff like that. im just tired of the cold and women who think they are super models

olson_10
03-16-2006, 06:45 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

iv'e been all over in texas and down south and all i'll say is minneapolis area is much nicer than a lot of larger cities that i have been too. it's cleaner, less crime and stuff like that. im just tired of the cold and women who think they are super models
lol well daunte likes to be close to water, and warm weather all year round, meaning strippers on boats all year long!

vikingTurf
03-16-2006, 06:46 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

True dat!

olson_10
03-16-2006, 06:47 AM
i think il use my 1000th post to wish daunte the least of luck for beginning to bash our team and city..i really hope he plays terrible so that his insults about the vikings and minnesota will have no weight, and nobody will even pay attention to them

collegeguyjeff
03-16-2006, 06:50 AM
yeah like i lived in san antonio when i was in the air force and the city was so gross. they have the river walk and it's a man made river with slimy green water. grafitii all over everywhere and garbage in peoples yards. some parts of san antonio look like the poorest slums i have ever seen, no offense to them though. i love tennessee and georgia area though the women are the opposite of up here. heck women i wouldn't even want to date or anything think they are so hot and sexy it makes me laugh. down in tenn and ga the women are real nice and friendly; lousiana too. everytime i was down there i thought dang the women are so nice i need to move here.

collegeguyjeff
03-16-2006, 06:51 AM
"olson_10" wrote:

i think il use my 1000th post to wish daunte the least of luck for beginning to bash our team and city..i really hope he plays terrible so that his insults about the vikings and minnesota will have no weight, and nobody will even pay attention to them

yeah and hopefully people say later on, wow the vikings got the better end of the deal with thier second round pick.

MensaTice
03-16-2006, 07:19 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=1410667

-"Quarterback Daunte Culpepper and three Minnesota Vikings teammates were charged Thursday with indecent, lewd and disorderly conduct for participating in a bawdy boat party"

-"Culpepper got a lap dance from a naked woman, and put his hands on her buttocks"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing defines class like lewd and disorderly conduct. Stay classy Daunte. Thanks for the 1-3 start that Brad almost bailed your @ss out of. Keep up that HOF pace. Thanks for being a part of the team, although usually that entails being in Minnesota, but since you're so classy, Florida works.

DiehardVikesFan
03-16-2006, 07:21 AM
"MensaTice" wrote:

"DaunteHOF" wrote:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=1410667

-"Quarterback Daunte Culpepper and three Minnesota Vikings teammates were charged Thursday with indecent, lewd and disorderly conduct for participating in a bawdy boat party"

-"Culpepper got a lap dance from a naked woman, and put his hands on her buttocks"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing defines class like lewd and disorderly conduct. Stay classy Daunte. Thanks for the 1-3 start that Brad almost bailed your @ss out of. Keep up that HOF pace. Thanks for being a part of the team, although usually that entails being in Minnesota, but since you're so classy, Florida works.

Allegedly.

Guruzen
03-16-2006, 07:22 AM
Wouldn't it be awesome if the 2nd round pick is used on a LB who when we play Miami rips up all 3 ligaments on Culpepper's OTHER knee?!?!?!?

olson_10
03-16-2006, 07:28 AM
"Guruzen" wrote:

Wouldn't it be awesome if the 2nd round pick is used on a LB who when we play Miami rips up all 3 ligaments on Culpepper's OTHER knee?!?!?!?
now THAT is irony

pokeyisme
03-16-2006, 07:29 AM
hey collegeguyjeff just wanted to say that the st louis river is not that much better (potlatch) JK i am a native from duluth (if you want to find the best places to hang out just ask)
buy the way what college are ya in????

MensaTice
03-16-2006, 07:30 AM
"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:

Allegedly.

I'm fine with that, its just like OJ right. Well if you are allegedly accused of lewd acts, you have no class. The more I think about it, I can't come up with anything that would be a greater antithesis of classy than someone accused of lewd conduct. Probably a pediphile, but even a closet pediphile can potentially have class whereas someone guilty of lewd conduct is very unclassy by definition.

DaunteHOF
03-16-2006, 07:31 AM
Even if he did get a lapdance from a stripper, how is that wrong? How is that illegal? Fuck , i've gotten a lapdance once or twice, you never know your father prolly has gotten one, SO WHAT?!

olson_10
03-16-2006, 07:36 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Even if he did get a lapdance from a stripper, how is that wrong? How is that illegal? F!!ck , i've gotten a lapdance once or twice, you never know your father prolly has gotten one, SO WHAT?!
if it happened in a strip club, okay..on a boat in public, illegal..its his fault for doing something stupid in a place where he knew he would get in trouble..and please dont make me think about my dad grabbing a strippers a$$

MensaTice
03-16-2006, 07:36 AM
But the question is, was it a classy move? Thats all I was responding to.

How is it illegal? It was on a boat in what would be considered a place of business. Not sure if you know this, but people can't get naked and perform sex acts wherever they please.

Have I gotten a lapdance? Of course, plenty of em. Was it a classy move? No. And in response to your last post, was I ever charged with lewd conduct? No, lewd conduct charges are for perverts, like Daunte.

DaunteHOF
03-16-2006, 07:39 AM
It was a private boat, im sure Pamela Anderson & Tommy Lee werent arrested for their sex tape on a boat. Im sure Girls Gone Wild werent charged making videos of sex on boats, or even bangboat.com or any other type of sexual service on a boat, thats their business, they are grown ass man, you cant restrand them to that extent. As long as its consentual it isnt a problem.

MensaTice
03-16-2006, 07:43 AM
Listen kiddo, it has nothing to do with consent. They were in a place where people were working and were offended, hence LEWD CONDUCT. Get it? People can't have sex wherever they please, this isn't some new Minnesota statute. Its universal. Look up the definition of lewd before you go on any further

Guruzen
03-16-2006, 07:45 AM
Class has NOTHING to do with morals... you can be classy while doing evil things (think Lex Luther) and you can be classless while doing good things (think Austin Powers). Getting a lap dance has nothing to do with class!

Classy = grabbing the stripper's butt as she presented to him.
Classless = joining the stripper by taking his own clothes off.

I've been to plenty of strip clubs and you can easily spot the classy clientele from the classless teenagers who just want to get wasted.

olson_10
03-16-2006, 07:47 AM
"Guruzen" wrote:

Class has NOTHING to do with morals... you can be classy while doing evil things (think Lex Luther) and you can be classless while doing good things (think Austin Powers). Getting a lap dance has nothing to do with class!

Classy = grabbing the stripper's butt as she presented to him.
Classless = joining the stripper by taking his own clothes off.

I've been to plenty of strip clubs and you can easily spot the classy clientele from the classless teenagers who just want to get wasted.
id say the first one is more a show of appreciation than class

olson_10
03-16-2006, 07:49 AM
"MensaTice" wrote:

Listen kiddo, it has nothing to do with consent. They were in a place where people were working and were offended, hence LEWD CONDUCT. Get it? People can't have sex wherever they please, this isn't some new Minnesota statute. Its universal. Look up the definition of lewd before you go on any further
cant disagree with that no matter what you say

JellyBean2144
03-16-2006, 07:52 AM
How much was DC asking for?

olson_10
03-16-2006, 07:53 AM
an extra 10 million THIS SEASON in guarenteed money

Deronn
03-16-2006, 07:59 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

It was a private boat, im sure Pamela Anderson & Tommy Lee werent arrested for their sex tape on a boat. Im sure Girls Gone Wild werent charged making videos of sex on boats, or even bangboat.com or any other type of sexual service on a boat, thats their business, they are grown jiggly butt man, you cant restrand them to that extent. As long as its consentual it isnt a problem.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it the boat owners/employees who filed charges in the first place?? If so, then even though it was a private boat, the owners of the boat didn't consent to this behavior.

It's legal for me to stand on the corner and flip the finger at everyone that passes by - but that doesn't make me classy!

olson_10
03-16-2006, 08:08 AM
"Deronn" wrote:

"DaunteHOF" wrote:

It was a private boat, im sure Pamela Anderson & Tommy Lee werent arrested for their sex tape on a boat. Im sure Girls Gone Wild werent charged making videos of sex on boats, or even bangboat.com or any other type of sexual service on a boat, thats their business, they are grown jiggly butt man, you cant restrand them to that extent. As long as its consentual it isnt a problem.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it the boat owners/employees who filed charges in the first place?? If so, then even though it was a private boat, the owners of the boat didn't consent to this behavior.

It's legal for me to stand on the corner and flip the finger at everyone that passes by - but that doesn't make me classy!
another great point..at some point DaunteHOF, ur going to have to admit that he really isnt the guy ur making him out to be

TheAnimal93
03-16-2006, 09:02 AM
We could have had Jevon Kearse and Samari Rolle in 1999. I still think what could have happened back then. I think that we were those two players from winning it all. Then drafting Pep screwed that all up. Brad could have won his SB here. Who knows, he still has a chance. And that would be awesome.
Pep was an awesome speciman but without some tools that were obviously missing(the inability to read a defense and take what was given him)he was not going to make the grade with me that's for sure.

snowinapril
03-16-2006, 03:55 PM
Take out the He did thi and he said that and just look at the interview.

I saw a DC that was happy.

He isn't getting paid more this year, he just changed teams.

Something changed in MN. Something was making him unhappy.

Everyone on here has their own version of what that something is/was.

I saw a DC that was as determined as ever to play again and play well.

DC will be back to his top notch form and in the back of your mind you will be saying Damn! You won't be posting it, but you will be telling yourself that. They have the weapons in place and if Frerote can tage them to 10-6 they should do slightly better with DC asking more than 12 wins is asking a lot in the NFL.

Del Rio
03-16-2006, 04:04 PM
I hardly see how you can hold any of that against the fans. If he is happy and he looks like he wants to try hard that's all on him.

You can't doubt his abilities the guy is an athlete. What is in doubt is his willingness to play here and his emotional status. I have a hard time seeing how that lays on any of us.

So if he does do good, then hooray for him, you have no crow to serve. This is between him and management.

ChezPizmo
03-16-2006, 04:24 PM
What I didn't like in the interview was that, of course, like every other athlete, said something along the lines of 'the best thing about this trade is he gets to start over new and get a clean slate'.

Yeah, because we all know how much troubles and controversies he has had over the past few seasons. :roll: Please.

The only person I think has the right to say something like this is some like T.O. who DOES need a new start and HAS has controversies for more than a few months. Get real.

COJOMAY
03-16-2006, 04:27 PM
I know that Sid Hartman (column writer for the Star/Tribune) is not the best-liked guy on this site. A lot of you people think he is senile and stupid. And while I agree with you much of the time, he does occasionally ht a "home run." Today's column on Culpepper is one of those.
Regardless of what you may think, Sid, over the years has cultivated people in high places and he gets a lot of good information. And he is saying in today's column exactly what we at PPO have been saying. He's the first writer to "tell it like it is" about the Culpepper situation.
Here's a link to the column: http://www.startribune.com/507/story/310120.html

A bit from the column...
"Daunte Culpepper got his wish this week when the Vikings traded the veteran quarterback to Miami for a second-round draft choice.

No doubt, Culpepper was embarrassed by allegations of misconduct during the Love Boat situation on Lake Minnetonka, and he made up his mind that he and his family could no longer live here and face the criticism he would have to go through..."

SWAYZE74
03-16-2006, 05:51 PM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Even if he did get a lapdance from a stripper, how is that wrong? How is that illegal? F!!ck , i've gotten a lapdance once or twice, you never know your father prolly has gotten one, SO WHAT?!

gettin one in a strip club is one thing...but gettin one on a dinner cruise infront of grandma and grampa is a whole different story...i would hope you see the difference...

peace...

Prophet
03-16-2006, 05:59 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

I know that Sid Hartman (column writer for the Star/Tribune) is not the best-liked guy on this site. A lot of you people think he is senile and stupid. And while I agree with you much of the time, he does occasionally ht a "home run." Today's column on Culpepper is one of those.
Regardless of what you may think, Sid, over the years has cultivated people in high places and he gets a lot of good information. And he is saying in today's column exactly what we at PPO have been saying. He's the first writer to "tell it like it is" about the Culpepper situation.
Here's a link to the column: http://www.startribune.com/507/story/310120.html

A bit from the column...
"Daunte Culpepper got his wish this week when the Vikings traded the veteran quarterback to Miami for a second-round draft choice.

No doubt, Culpepper was embarrassed by allegations of misconduct during the Love Boat situation on Lake Minnetonka, and he made up his mind that he and his family could no longer live here and face the criticism he would have to go through..."

Reasonable article for Sid. Maybe he is a little further from circling the drain then I thought.

DCPologirl
03-16-2006, 06:06 PM
when I saw that Dolphins symbol next to his head I cried....it looked so strange.

V4L
03-16-2006, 06:15 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

when I saw that Dolphins symbol next to his head I cried....it looked so strange.

:sad:

DC!! Hang in there babe.. It will be ok.. Don't be sad it makes me sad

snowinapril
03-16-2006, 06:18 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

Sucks doesn't it.

That stupid DC rendering of him in a Phins uniform did it for me, I now see himin Dolphin colors in my brain. That is sad!

Prophet
03-16-2006, 06:18 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

http://www.miamidolphins.com/images/pressbox/pressreleases/pressrelease_4381.jpg

Oops, I pushed the wrong button. Sorry DC. :cool:

vikings11_27
03-16-2006, 06:23 PM
apparently hes gonna change his number to 8

DCPologirl
03-16-2006, 06:27 PM
You're mean Prophet! I'm not gonna play with you anymore! lol It sucked Vikez and Snow...he really looked strange in those colors. But he looked so happy :cry:

V4L
03-16-2006, 06:28 PM
Well.. Think of it like this..

When people move on like die or whatever they are happier in heaven and people are happy that they are happy now..

Kinda the same thing I guess haha.. Be happy that he has moved on and is happy?

I don't know.. Just trying to cheer ya up!

Prophet
03-16-2006, 06:31 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

You're mean Prophet! I'm not gonna play with you anymore! lol It sucked Vikez and Snow...he really looked strange in those colors. But he looked so happy :cry:

I am just helping you speed up the healing process. Some day you will thank me for it and want to play again. lmao.

DCPologirl
03-16-2006, 06:32 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

When people move on like die or whatever they are happier in heaven and people are happy that they are happy now..

I'm not at that point yet I'll get there I guess. :cry:

V4L
03-16-2006, 06:34 PM
Take ur time DC

He wasn't my favorite so it didn't hit me as hard

seaniemck7
03-16-2006, 06:34 PM
MHO of course, but I don't doubt for one second that as soon as he fired his agent, he was lobbying Nick Saban for a job.

snowinapril
03-16-2006, 06:35 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Ya, just be happy he is a live. :grin:

What doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger! I guess that goes for you, me, all the other believers and DC.

Watch out AFC!

VikesfaninWis
03-16-2006, 06:47 PM
Here is a link from Foxsports.com going over the winners and losers of the Culpepper and Brees signings..

LINK (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5412342)

ThaSuperFreak33
03-16-2006, 06:50 PM
Bye PEP it was fun having you when MOSS was still here but since you forced the best WR out of town Im glad to see you go and have aterrible career. PEP was supposed to be a leader after MOSS left but led us to 2-5 and lost his composure. Lets see what he can do to the Dolphins organization.

Del Rio
03-16-2006, 06:51 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"DCPologirl" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

What doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger! I guess that goes for you, me, all the other believers and DC.

Watch out AFC!

I think you guys should make little buttons to have on your sig. Just a little DC maybe encased in a heart?

Then all the Daunte Haters can have their own.

That way when you guys continue to go back and forth in some DC gang related battle I know who to cheer for.

DCPologirl
03-16-2006, 06:51 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

Here is a link from Foxsports.com going over the winners and losers of the Culpepper and Brees signings..

LINK (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5412342)

that's a great article and I could not agree more!

DCPologirl
03-16-2006, 06:53 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

"DCPologirl" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Watch out AFC!

I think you guys should make little buttons to have on your sig. Just a little DC maybe encased in a heart?

That way when you guys continue to go back and forth in some DC gang related battle I know who to cheer for.
\
:scratch:

Del Rio
03-16-2006, 07:06 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

"DCPologirl" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Watch out AFC!

\
:scratch:

These overtones in these posts.

This huge gap of air above everyones head that will remain here until he steps on the field and shows us what he has. There are definitive lines being drawn by some members. ProDaunte-AntiDaunte.......through out every thread they jab at each other back and forth. Now all they can do is wait to see who can tell who I TOLD YOU SO.

I think THOSE people should just label themselves now so they can get it out of the way. Do it now so when they try to collect some sort of glory a year from now we know.

Why fight over this? Seriously. It reminds me of a time in practice some guy kept holding me, I told him to knock it off. The next play he made it a point to hold me, so I socked him in the chin. The next play he socked me in mine, finally the third play we grabbed each others face masks and started swinging each other around.

Around and around we went not able to do anything but hold on and swing the other. Finally we both fell over....silence let us know the play was over and had been over for some time, every one was watching us and had a look of what the fuck was that handicapped display we just witnessed. Our coach even said it. We looked at each other laughed and went back to playing.

Both sides got their shots in here, and now you guys are just swinging each other around looking stupid. There comes a time you just laugh it off and let it go.

I'm not saying POLOGIRL, or anyone is specific is doing this. I am saying at some point this bickering between the two sides is going to have to stop. There is no glory to win. Everyone loses.

V4L
03-16-2006, 07:09 PM
No one is really taking shots at anyone though..

Some people are just upset and are showing it..

And others are putting in thier 2 cents on why Pep needed to be gone

But yah if bickering does start it shouldn't happen..

DCPologirl
03-16-2006, 07:09 PM
Del I agree with you I am not arguing with anybody. I haven't argued at all. Everyone knows how I feel...I am immensely sad. That's all. I read post after post of hatorade and I don't respond at all. Only to the people that tell me to get over it. He's not our quarterback anymore. I don't know how to feel. But I do know one thing PPO better be the one place that I can say I loved Daunte otherwise I just don't belong here at all.

Del Rio
03-16-2006, 07:12 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Trust me when I say there are select individuals going back and forth at each other. The Mod forums are full of examples to be discussed. These people more then likely know who they are.

I quoted Snow, because when he said the believers it made me think of the line drawn in the sand that is the only reason. Perhaps misplaced, intended to create peace.

V4L
03-16-2006, 07:13 PM
Yah I spose there has been some of that..

It's really pointless too... Nothing we can do about it..

Del Rio
03-16-2006, 07:14 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

Del I agree with you I am not arguing with anybody. I haven't argued at all. Everyone knows how I feel...I am immensely sad. That's all. I read post after post of hatorade and I don't respond at all. Only to the people that tell me to get over it. He's not our quarterback anymore. I don't know how to feel. But I do know one thing PPO better be the one place that I can say I loved Daunte otherwise I just don't belong here at all.

Like I said there are a select few. I think those few are magnifying the grief of others who are just trying to deal with it.

Everyone knows you are not arguing.

Prophet
03-16-2006, 07:40 PM
It appears to me that there were many Daunte supporters, me included, just at different levels. Then the whole fiasco happened and he was traded and all hell broke loose.

I would break the Daunte folks into seven categories, ranked from supporter to non-supporter:

I. Daunte supporters (irrational hero status)

II. Daunte supporters (rational, see pros/cons, wish him well, plays for the Fins)

III. Former Daunte supporters (quit because of the recent fiasco)

IV. Former Daunte supporters (he no longer plays for the team)

V. Combo former Daunte supporters (recent fiasco + no longer on team)

VI. Non-Daunte supporters (rational, inconsistency, turnovers, etc.)

VII. Non-Daunte supporters (irrational loser status always)

Overlay that with the age range of fans we have on the site from ~12 yrs old to 60+ yrs and that layers another level of complexity on the issue.

Regardless of where you fall in the range, it is unlikely you are going to convince people to shuffle their position. They might over time, they might not. Who cares.

If I hurt anyone's feelings over the whole ordeal, I'm sorry. I'm just a fan like the rest of us are. The heated discussion just proves to me how deeply we all love the Vikings, regardless of our position on Daunte.

VikesfaninWis
03-16-2006, 07:59 PM
Here is a story on the Culpepper situation fron SC, and also some other news from VU.

Pepp Speaks
By: Vikings Update Staff
Date: Mar 16, 2006

In hopes of restoring his public image, Daunte Culpepper finally speaks out.

After months trapped within the cone of silence, Dolphins new QB Daunte Culpepper sat down with ESPN's Andrea Kremer. Culpepper, sporting a kicky razor-wire beard that could explain his absence from the media spotlight (those bad boys take time), told Kremer he expects to be ready for opening day of the 2006 season.

Culpepper, who reported to the Dolphins training facility to meet his new coaches and teammates, still played the role of misunderstood martyr.

The second part of the interview is scheduled to air on tonight's edition of "Sports Center" -- which Kremer teased Wednesday night as including Culpepper's side of the boat scandal.

VU has been told that the Dolphins intend to honor the $8 million Culpepper is due, but will change it slightly for cap relief by giving him $7 million in a roster bonus and $1 million in base salary.

In 80 starts with the Vikings, Culpepper had a record of 38-42. Over the last three years, the Vikings were 17-20 with Culpepper as their starter and 9-2 when he was sidelined.

THURSDAY NOTES
* Dante DiTrapano, the agent for Randy Moss, was arrested Tuesday and charged with possession of crack cocaine. A spokesperson for his firm said that DiTrapano has been suffering from depression. An arrest on crack possession likely won't be the end of his depression.
* Toniu Fonoti failed a physical with the Raiders Wednesday, putting him back on the free agent market. He is expected to meet the Bucs today.
* The Vikings lost out on another safety candidate. Will Demps, who was scheduled to come to Winter Park Wednesday, signed a deal with the Giants.
* Fullback William Henderson is said to be close to signing a contract with the Vikings.
* The Giants, aside from taking Demps away, re-signed former Vikings offensive lineman Lewis Kelly.
* Nate Burleson is in Seattle today to talk with the Seahawks. Burleson, a restricted free agent, would only require a third-round pick as compensation if he signs with the 'Hawks and the Vikings don't match.
* Speaking of Seattle, there is still no word whether the 'Hawks are going to match the offer for guard Steve Hutchinson. Earlier in the week, Seahawks officials asked the league for clarification it they had to only match the contract particulars -- seven years, $49 million with $13 million up front -- or if they also had to meet the smaller contract stipulation about being the highest paid offensive lineman on the roster or his entire contract would be guaranteed

Pepp Speaks (http://vikings.scout.com/2/509379.html)

Del Rio
03-16-2006, 08:04 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

It appears to me that there were many Daunte supporters, me included, just at different levels. Then the whole fiasco happened and he was traded and all hell broke loose.

I would break the Daunte folks into seven categories, ranked from supporter to non-supporter:

I. Daunte supporters (irrational hero status)

II. Daunte supporters (rational, see pros/cons, wish him well, plays for the Fins)

III. Former Daunte supporters (quit because of the recent fiasco)

IV. Former Daunte supporters (he no longer plays for the team)

V. Combo former Daunte supporters (recent fiasco + no longer on team)

VI. Non-Daunte supporters (rational, inconsistency, turnovers, etc.)

VII. Non-Daunte supporters (irrational loser status always)

Overlay that with the age range of fans we have on the site from ~12 yrs old to 60+ yrs and that layers another level of complexity on the issue.

Regardless of where you fall in the range, it is unlikely you are going to convince people to shuffle their position. They might over time, they might not. Who cares.

If I hurt anyone's feelings over the whole ordeal, I'm sorry. I'm just a fan like the rest of us are. The heated discussion just proves to me how deeply we all love the Vikings, regardless of our position on Daunte.

I think that is probably a pretty accurate statement

whackthepack
03-16-2006, 08:30 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Trust me when I say there are select individuals going back and forth at each other. The Mod forums are full of examples to be discussed. These people more then likely know who they are.

I quoted Snow, because when he said the believers it made me think of the line drawn in the sand that is the only reason. Perhaps misplaced, intended to create peace.

One of them is me, and battle lines are as bogged down as WWI! People are in their trenches and are lobbing schells across dead mans land!

It still baffles me that the media is saying that this is the worse trade ever, but there was no takers for C-pep. The Dolphin's didn't really pursue until Brees was out of the picture, a QB that had major shoulder surgery and wanted 10 million a year! Denny Green the guy who drafted him, no interest! Linehan, not interest! Tice, no interest! Oakland Raiders, no interest! If this was the steal of the century? Why were more teams not out there bidding?

Question about his knee, his mental health, his attitude and for the Vikings that he did not want to play here!

snowinapril
03-16-2006, 08:43 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

One of them is me, and battle lines are as bogged down as WWI! People are in their trenches and are lobbing schells across dead mans land!

It still baffles me that the media is saying that this is the worse trade ever, but there was no takers for C-pep. The Dolphin's didn't really pursue until Brees was out of the picture, a QB that had major shoulder surgery and wanted 10 million a year! Denny Green the guy who drafted him, no interest! Linehan, not interest! Tice, no interest! Oakland Raiders, no interest! If this was the steal of the century? Why were more teams not out there bidding?

Question about his knee, his mental health, his attitude and for the Vikings that he did not want to play here!

Simple, these people (me included), are basing this on their gut FEELING that DC will return at a ProBowl level QB.

If you want the cows to stay home, you mend the fences. We didn't care about one particular Cow. We had the power to mend the fence, we had the leverage (contract) also.

All our arguments(stances) have been based on our own feelings.

P-Will said it best, "the only ones that will know what went on are DC, The Coach, and the Team."

You feel that DC didn't want to play here.
I feel that management didn't want him here.

Who is right? You, Me, Neither, Both?

Spilt Milk
Dead Horse
Old Hat

Like Del and the Anchorman said, agree to disagree. No hard feelings!

Calmwind
03-16-2006, 09:01 PM
At the end of last season I made one statement. "I don't care who they get rid of, I just want a hardworking winning football team." That said alot of things happened and I have taken them all in stride. Daunte was great and I will hang my 11 jersey right next to my 84's, 80's, 10's, 93's and other misc. jerseys. My take on Pep was Feast or Famine: Either he is really good or really bad. Sad thing is the really bad seamed to show up in the bigger games. I know alot of people are freaking out because C-Pep is gone but there was also alot of freaking in 2000 when Denny Green named Daunte Culpepper as the starter for the year. I for one had my doubts then, as alot of you do now. In the end I realize if I was such a great football mind and knew who and what we should do I would be doing it. I just love the Vikings thru it all.

snowinapril
03-16-2006, 09:48 PM
"Calmwind" wrote:

At the end of last season I made one statement. "I don't care who they get rid of, I just want a hardworking winning football team." That said alot of things happened and I have taken them all in stride. Daunte was great and I will hang my 11 jersey right next to my 84's, 80's, 10's, 93's and other misc. jerseys. My take on Pep was Feast or Famine: Either he is really good or really bad. Sad thing is the really bad seamed to show up in the bigger games. I know alot of people are freaking out because C-Pep is gone but there was also alot of freaking in 2000 when Denny Green named Daunte Culpepper as the starter for the year. I for one had my doubts then, as alot of you do now. In the end I realize if I was such a great football mind and knew who and what we should do I would be doing it. I just love the Vikings thru it all.

Excellent Post!

whackthepack
03-17-2006, 12:37 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"Calmwind" wrote:

Excellent Post!

Agree! Oh my god, me and Snow agree on something! Continue arguing later!