PDA

View Full Version : Well now what?



SharperImage42
03-16-2006, 12:12 AM
We lost out on edge, demps, and dexter jackson..

are we gonna lose on hutch??

i dont understand why were not spending money, is julian peterson meeting with anyone yet??

aghh

ChezPizmo
03-16-2006, 12:17 AM
Nah, doubt Seahawks will match.

I've seen many articles that say that can't afford to.

NodakPaul
03-16-2006, 12:24 AM
i dont understand why were not spending money

Not spending money? Man, Hutch's deal is the biggest ever for a guard, and only a handful of tackles in NFL history make more! We are spending some serious cash there, and i doubt Seattle will be able to match.

Frozen Tundran
03-16-2006, 12:33 AM
You guys are getting Hutch? :-(

I didn't hear anything about that. This just depresses me as a Packer fan. The Vikes are getting all the players I like. Especially Ryan Longwell. If you guys end up with Favre the gloves are coming off. I'll pop that wounded balloon you call 'home.'

Then I will go home and cry in my beer. :-(

NodakPaul
03-16-2006, 12:36 AM
"Frozen Tundran" wrote:

You guys are getting Hutch? :-(

I didn't hear anything about that. This just depresses me as a Packer fan. The Vikes are getting all the players I like. Especially Ryan Longwell. If you guys end up with Favre the gloves are coming off. I'll pop that wounded balloon you call 'home.'

Then I will go home and cry in my beer. :-(

Wow Frozen! You didn't hear that we signed Hutch to an offer sheet? Maybe you should cut back on the beer! :lol: Hey, just so you know, we traded C-Pep too! :wink:

ThaSuperFreak33
03-16-2006, 12:36 AM
"SharperImage42" wrote:

We lost out on edge, demps, and dexter jackson..

are we gonna lose on hutch??

i dont understand why were not spending money, is julian peterson meeting with anyone yet??

aghh

I agree with you we are not geting the guys we want in soon enough. Julian Peterson is meeting with the Seahawks.

MightyVikes12391
03-16-2006, 12:37 AM
I dont understand what the vikings are doing. There are some great players out in free agency and we have so much cap room and we are barely making any moves. I dont get what they are doing

NodakPaul
03-16-2006, 12:38 AM
"ThaSuperFreak33" wrote:

"SharperImage42" wrote:

We lost out on edge, demps, and dexter jackson..

are we gonna lose on hutch??

i dont understand why were not spending money, is julian peterson meeting with anyone yet??

aghh

I agree with you we are not geting the guys we want in soon enough. Julian Peterson is meeting with the Seahawks.

You are right... we are not getting the guys we want in soon enough. But have faith in our new front office. Theyhave big plans for the Vikes that will play themselves out this offseason. I think we are looking to the draft for safety and LB...

SharperImage42
03-16-2006, 12:38 AM
and what happened to jamie sharper? can we have an even more sharperimage??!!

ultravikingfan
03-16-2006, 12:39 AM
"SharperImage42" wrote:

We lost out on edge, demps, and dexter jackson..

are we gonna lose on hutch??

i dont understand why were not spending money, is julian peterson meeting with anyone yet??

aghh

Were not spending money?

I think I remember Hutch signed an offer that would make him the highest paid Guard in history. That is not free...it costs money.

Taylor, Leber, and Longwell....they cost money....they are not free.

NodakPaul
03-16-2006, 12:40 AM
Actually we have been extremely aggressive in FA. K-Rob, Longwell, Taylor, Hutch, Leber, trading Daunte... Do you really call that barely making any moves? Or are we just not making the moves that yu want to see? :grin:

Have faith, this Viking ship is just starting to sail...

midgensa
03-16-2006, 12:40 AM
"ThaSuperFreak33" wrote:

"SharperImage42" wrote:

We lost out on edge, demps, and dexter jackson..

are we gonna lose on hutch??

i dont understand why were not spending money, is julian peterson meeting with anyone yet??

aghh

I agree with you we are not geting the guys we want in soon enough. Julian Peterson is meeting with the Seahawks.

We got the guys WE WANT that is where all of you are wrong. This is not Madden ... you cannot just get all the best guys at all the spots. We obviously wanted Taylor and went right out and got him ... we obviously wanted Longwell and immediately tied him up and we made a HUGE offer on Hutchinson to shore up our biggest weakness ...
What do you guys want? The only thing we missed out on that we seriously pursued was Dexter Jackson (who had one really good game in his career and is living off of that). Although I think by the tender offered to Offord that our coaches are very happy with him and are not too concerned with chasing an over-priced safety.
To say we are missing out because other players are signing with some of the other 31 teams is a little overboard ... we are do fairly well.

Rookie444
03-16-2006, 12:41 AM
how many times & threads does it take to address one concern????? you all are starting to "beat a dead horse" now.

Frozen Tundran
03-16-2006, 12:42 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Frozen Tundran" wrote:

You guys are getting Hutch? :-(

I didn't hear anything about that. This just depresses me as a Packer fan. The Vikes are getting all the players I like. Especially Ryan Longwell. If you guys end up with Favre the gloves are coming off. I'll pop that wounded balloon you call 'home.'

Then I will go home and cry in my beer. :-(

Wow Frozen! You didn't hear that we signed Hutch to an offer sheet? Maybe you should cut back on the beer! :lol: Hey, just so you know, we traded C-Pep too! :wink:

Been very busy. I'm participating in production of 'JesusChrist Superstar' with my brother and I just don't have any free time. I don't think I've had a chance to log in here in literally months. Hell, I can't find time to read the sports page most days.

I did hear about Pep though, which is incidentally why I logged on here today. Wanted to see what you all had to say about it.

ultravikingfan
03-16-2006, 12:43 AM
I am putting this in the other post about what we want.

Thats what I want. :wink:

ultravikingfan
03-16-2006, 12:47 AM
"MightyVikes12391" wrote:

I dont understand what the vikings are doing. There are some great players out in free agency and we have so much cap room and we are barely making any moves. I dont get what they are doing

They are making good, well thought out decsions.

I am pretty sure, kinda, that Childress and Co. know a little more about these players and football than we do.

It takes time for these guys to visit different teams. You do not think Childress with the amount of cash we have wants some of these guys? You just cannot get all the big names, they have to be able to play together also. Watch "Miracle" and you will see.

We will have Hutch and we got Taylor. If we went and signed every Pro Bowl players people still would be wondering what we are doing.

Frozen Tundran
03-16-2006, 12:51 AM
Ultraviking:

Putting Ryan Longwell in your sig is likely to offend Packer Fans. Some might commit suicide. I'm sure this pleases you and I figured I'd let you know personally just how much it hurts.

So you could laugh in my face, of course. Boy is that clown we got running (ruining?) our franchise an idiot. :-(

ultravikingfan
03-16-2006, 12:52 AM
"Frozen Tundran" wrote:

Ultraviking:

Putting Ryan Longwell in your sig is likely to offend Packer Fans. Some might commit suicide. I'm sure this pleases you and I figured I'd let you know personally just how much it hurts.

So you could laugh in my face, of course. Boy is that clown we got running (ruining?) our franchise an idiot. :-(

Nothing like having one of your own beat ya!

Prophet
03-16-2006, 12:53 AM
"SharperImage42" wrote:

We lost out on edge, demps, and dexter jackson..

are we gonna lose on hutch??

i dont understand why were not spending money, is julian peterson meeting with anyone yet??

aghh

A lot of coin hasn't left the coffers yet, that could be good. If the Hutchinson deal doesn't go through the Vikings have spent relatively nothing so far. There are some gaps being filled though, slowly but surely.

So far we have signed (I'm sure I'm spacing some):

Joey Goodspeed FB
Chester Taylor RB
Koren Robinson WR
Ryan Longwell PK
Jonathan Nichols PK
Steve Hutchinson OG (fingers crossed)
Jason Whittle OG

They are working on a QB as I type and what else? Too many possibilities. I'm sure the offices in Winter Park are bubbling. I wonder what will transpire? Oh, the fun of offseason.

Frozen Tundran
03-16-2006, 01:05 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Frozen Tundran" wrote:

Ultraviking:

Putting Ryan Longwell in your sig is likely to offend Packer Fans. Some might commit suicide. I'm sure this pleases you and I figured I'd let you know personally just how much it hurts.

So you could laugh in my face, of course. Boy is that clown we got running (ruining?) our franchise an idiot. :-(

Nothing like having one of your own beat ya!

Oh, you have no idea how much this one hurts. Through '04 Longwell's success rate in Lambeau was 84% The rest of the league--going back to '97--was at 68%. And we let 'em walk. You know what? Delusional Packer Fans think we might be able to sign Adam Vinitieri. (or however the hell you spell it) Ya know what's funny about that? There's no other kicker in the NFL as comperable to AV as Ryan Longwell. Look it up--it's spooky. They're almost clones.

And we let him walk and the Vikes (of all teams!) scooped him up. I'm still mad about that. I think someone needs to be spanked. :-(

DarrinNelsonguy
03-16-2006, 01:16 AM
"SharperImage42" wrote:

and what happened to jamie sharper? can we have an even more sharperimage??!!

Did you pay attention to last season he can no longer play, he has lost a step and is not half the player he used to be. Why do we want to sign an older guy who no longer has any value?

By the way all you younger folks this is real life free agency not Fantasy football so we are not going to sign all the big name players because that gets you nowhere fast. See the Redskins in Daniel Snyder's first year as owner and the current Raiders team.

VikesfaninWis
03-16-2006, 01:19 AM
"Frozen Tundran" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Frozen Tundran" wrote:

Ultraviking:

Putting Ryan Longwell in your sig is likely to offend Packer Fans. Some might commit suicide. I'm sure this pleases you and I figured I'd let you know personally just how much it hurts.

So you could laugh in my face, of course. Boy is that clown we got running (ruining?) our franchise an idiot. :-(

Nothing like having one of your own beat ya!

Oh, you have no idea how much this one hurts. Through '04 Longwell's success rate in Lambeau was 84% The rest of the league--going back to '97--was at 68%. And we let 'em walk. You know what? Delusional Packer Fans think we might be able to sign Adam Vinitieri. (or however the hell you spell it) Ya know what's funny about that? There's no other kicker in the NFL as comperable to AV as Ryan Longwell. Look it up--it's spooky. They're almost clones.

And we let him walk and the Vikes (of all teams!) scooped him up. I'm still mad about that. I think someone needs to be spanked. :-(


Hey, you know for being a Packer fan, you are actually pretty cool with all this.. It's not to often that you run across a Packer fan on this site, and actually don't mind communicating with them. Props to you man...

DarrinNelsonguy
03-16-2006, 01:22 AM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

"Frozen Tundran" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Frozen Tundran" wrote:

Ultraviking:

Putting Ryan Longwell in your sig is likely to offend Packer Fans. Some might commit suicide. I'm sure this pleases you and I figured I'd let you know personally just how much it hurts.

So you could laugh in my face, of course. Boy is that clown we got running (ruining?) our franchise an idiot. :-(

Nothing like having one of your own beat ya!

Oh, you have no idea how much this one hurts. Through '04 Longwell's success rate in Lambeau was 84% The rest of the league--going back to '97--was at 68%. And we let 'em walk. You know what? Delusional Packer Fans think we might be able to sign Adam Vinitieri. (or however the hell you spell it) Ya know what's funny about that? There's no other kicker in the NFL as comperable to AV as Ryan Longwell. Look it up--it's spooky. They're almost clones.

And we let him walk and the Vikes (of all teams!) scooped him up. I'm still mad about that. I think someone needs to be spanked. :-(


Hey, you know for being a Packer fan, you are actually pretty cool with all this.. It's not to often that you run across a Packer fan on this site, and actually don't mind communicating with them. Props to you man...

He is right Frozan Tundran for being a Packer fan you aren't too bad. That reminds me where is Los he has not been around for awhile.

SharperImage42
03-16-2006, 01:22 AM
yah i no darrin, i no this isnt madden 06 free agency or anything, im just saying chester or edge? anyone who says chester is just being being bias im sorry, like losing culpepper and moss, whos left? sure brad is good and all, but who did he verse? lions 2wice packers 2wice, he lost to the ravens, i dont no how much confidence i have, im a huge viking fan, i love em more than the next guy, but cmon lets not start brad, and put in someone like schaub or *we coulda got brees*

i dont want big names, i like the fact we got longwell and leber, but we need that one person on offense everyone will goo oooooo about and be scared to verse, every team has one, (except lions and browns) but were not on the same caliber with them, were higher

LuckyVike
03-16-2006, 01:23 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"SharperImage42" wrote:

We lost out on edge, demps, and dexter jackson..

are we gonna lose on hutch??

i dont understand why were not spending money, is julian peterson meeting with anyone yet??

aghh

Were not spending money?

I think I remember Hutch signed an offer that would make him the highest paid Guard in history. That is not free...it costs money.

Taylor, Leber, and Longwell....they cost money....they are not free.

They took too much money, IMO.

SharperImage42
03-16-2006, 01:26 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

"ThaSuperFreak33" wrote:

"SharperImage42" wrote:

We lost out on edge, demps, and dexter jackson..

are we gonna lose on hutch??

i dont understand why were not spending money, is julian peterson meeting with anyone yet??

aghh

I agree with you we are not geting the guys we want in soon enough. Julian Peterson is meeting with the Seahawks.

We got the guys WE WANT that is where all of you are wrong. This is not Madden ... you cannot just get all the best guys at all the spots. We obviously wanted Taylor and went right out and got him ... we obviously wanted Longwell and immediately tied him up and we made a HUGE offer on Hutchinson to shore up our biggest weakness ...
What do you guys want? The only thing we missed out on that we seriously pursued was Dexter Jackson (who had one really good game in his career and is living off of that). Although I think by the tender offered to Offord that our coaches are very happy with him and are not too concerned with chasing an over-priced safety.
To say we are missing out because other players are signing with some of the other 31 teams is a little overboard ... we are do fairly well.

were not losing out??

giants are having a better offseason than we are, so are the cardinals, (this is without us having hutch yet) both of those teams are NFC, we have to fill more holes, we need another safety, and another LB

pennccil
03-16-2006, 01:32 AM
if we dont sign hutch were prolly gonna sign lavar or peterson

Tanner_QBRB8
03-16-2006, 01:33 AM
I think we should
1.Go out and sign Brian Griese
2.Get either julian peterson/lavar arrington to give the D a stud
3.We have to get a safety and at this point i dont know who is out there yet
4.Get the second pick from New Orleans and get D'Brickishaw Fergouson

Prophet
03-16-2006, 01:34 AM
"SharperImage42" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

"ThaSuperFreak33" wrote:

"SharperImage42" wrote:

We lost out on edge, demps, and dexter jackson..

are we gonna lose on hutch??

i dont understand why were not spending money, is julian peterson meeting with anyone yet??

aghh

I agree with you we are not geting the guys we want in soon enough. Julian Peterson is meeting with the Seahawks.

We got the guys WE WANT that is where all of you are wrong. This is not Madden ... you cannot just get all the best guys at all the spots. We obviously wanted Taylor and went right out and got him ... we obviously wanted Longwell and immediately tied him up and we made a HUGE offer on Hutchinson to shore up our biggest weakness ...
What do you guys want? The only thing we missed out on that we seriously pursued was Dexter Jackson (who had one really good game in his career and is living off of that). Although I think by the tender offered to Offord that our coaches are very happy with him and are not too concerned with chasing an over-priced safety.
To say we are missing out because other players are signing with some of the other 31 teams is a little overboard ... we are do fairly well.

were not losing out??

giants are having a better offseason than we are, so are the cardinals, (this is without us having hutch yet) both of those teams are NFC, we have to fill more holes, we need another safety, and another LB

I'm with midgensa on this one. There is a lot of time left and if the Hutchinson deal goes through it will be huge. We are sitting pretty for the draft, especially considering our needs and where the picks fall into place. There will be teams with high picks that don't have the coin to sign them and more transactions will be made. It will be fine.

skum
03-16-2006, 01:35 AM
The big offersheet has put a lock on us, we arent really in the move to do anything, before we get the message from the Seahawks what they havone done - Actually them meeting with Julian Peterson is a good sign that they want to bring in good players, what might be a sign that they are not going to re-sign Hutch.

As for Leber and Taylor - cmon guys.. What did you expcect that we would sign Edge, Dexter Jackson, Whiterspoon, Julian Peterson and LeCharles Bentley ?!?! - There are other teams competing for theese kind of players.. Edge would be way overpaid, Dexter Jackson is a FS - he should play SS here - maybe he didnt want to do that, and also for Bentley - he was a Cleveland native, and he also wanted to play Center - he could not do that here, We signed Ben Leber - wait and see, he will be a playmaker come next season. Chester Taylor is an ideal fit for the new offense..

I have faith in what the front office is doing, and i know that we are going to be a playoff team next season - bank on it!!

Frozen Tundran
03-16-2006, 01:37 AM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:



Hey, you know for being a Packer fan, you are actually pretty cool with all this.. It's not to often that you run across a Packer fan on this site, and actually don't mind communicating with them. Props to you man...

Heh, thanks, but as Los Angelis will tell you, I'm not 'cool' about losing Longwell at all. In fact 'red hot anger' would be a better description. If my Packer site was up today I'd be regaling Packer fans with how stupid it was to lose Longwell. I'm kind of a broken record on the subject.

Enjoy his services. You won't need another placekicker for about ten years. We'll be searching high and low for years trying to replace him. You have no idea how angry this makes me. Does Ted Thompson have a dog? That's about where I'm at. (in the mid seventies disgruntled Packer fans killed Dan Devine's dog)

I'd never do something like that, but I can think it real hard, can't I?

ultravikingfan
03-16-2006, 06:19 AM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

Hey, you know for being a Packer fan, you are actually pretty cool with all this.. It's not to often that you run across a Packer fan on this site, and actually don't mind communicating with them. Props to you man...

We do have some great Packer fans here at PP.O.

So, not to all...do not automatically assume that you can flame a Packer fan or a fan of another team. Silvermane is a Lions fan and he is as classy as it gets.

Its nice to see some of the opinions of other fans and get their perspective; sometimes it helps us from getting to carried away.

I do not know Frozan Tundran well, but I like the guy already. He has added some great content and I am glad that we can get his views here.

Thanks!

olson_10
03-16-2006, 06:23 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

i dont understand why were not spending money

Not spending money? Man, Hutch's deal is the biggest ever for a guard, and only a handful of tackles in NFL history make more! We are spending some serious cash there, and i doubt Seattle will be able to match.
we probably dont have money after the hutch signing to get that many more high profile guys

olson_10
03-16-2006, 06:25 AM
"Frozen Tundran" wrote:

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:



Hey, you know for being a Packer fan, you are actually pretty cool with all this.. It's not to often that you run across a Packer fan on this site, and actually don't mind communicating with them. Props to you man...

Heh, thanks, but as Los Angelis will tell you, I'm not 'cool' about losing Longwell at all. In fact 'red hot anger' would be a better description. If my Packer site was up today I'd be regaling Packer fans with how stupid it was to lose Longwell. I'm kind of a broken record on the subject.

Enjoy his services. You won't need another placekicker for about ten years. We'll be searching high and low for years trying to replace him. You have no idea how angry this makes me. Does Ted Thompson have a dog? That's about where I'm at. (in the mid seventies disgruntled Packer fans killed Dan Devine's dog)

I'd never do something like that, but I can think it real hard, can't I?
well reports are that ur making a serious run at vinatieri, so you guys could be set in that regard..but thanks for the positive assessment of longwell, he surely deserved that, rather than some packers fans ive talked to that have said "ah who cares, he wasnt that good, he can easily be replaced"

olson_10
03-16-2006, 06:28 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

"SharperImage42" wrote:

We lost out on edge, demps, and dexter jackson..

are we gonna lose on hutch??

i dont understand why were not spending money, is julian peterson meeting with anyone yet??

aghh

A lot of coin hasn't left the coffers yet, that could be good. If the Hutchinson deal doesn't go through the Vikings have spent relatively nothing so far. There are some gaps being filled though, slowly but surely.

So far we have signed (I'm sure I'm spacing some):

Joey Goodspeed FB
Chester Taylor RB
Koren Robinson WR
Ryan Longwell PK
Jonathan Nichols PK
Steve Hutchinson OG (fingers crossed)
Jason Whittle OG

They are working on a QB as I type and what else? Too many possibilities. I'm sure the offices in Winter Park are bubbling. I wonder what will transpire? Oh, the fun of offseason.
latest article makes it seem like william henderson will be joining us very soon..henderson said "all im thinking about is purple and gold"

PAvikesfan
03-16-2006, 06:28 AM
since we brought in hutch, who i think is just using us to get guaranteed money from the seahawks, we have done nothing in FA. we could still get Neal but we need more Oline help and LB help. yet, we seem to be doing nothing right now, but waiting for hutch. yikes!

sabatajh
03-16-2006, 08:47 AM
"olson_10" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

i dont understand why were not spending money

Not spending money? Man, Hutch's deal is the biggest ever for a guard, and only a handful of tackles in NFL history make more! We are spending some serious cash there, and i doubt Seattle will be able to match.
we probably dont have money after the hutch signing to get that many more high profile guys

It's only going to cost us like 8 million this year i think. We should still have about 12 million left i would assume

olson_10
03-16-2006, 09:25 AM
"sabatajh" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

i dont understand why were not spending money

Not spending money? Man, Hutch's deal is the biggest ever for a guard, and only a handful of tackles in NFL history make more! We are spending some serious cash there, and i doubt Seattle will be able to match.
we probably dont have money after the hutch signing to get that many more high profile guys

It's only going to cost us like 8 million this year i think. We should still have about 12 million left i would assume
cap figure is 13 million this season for hutchinson when we get him

revprodeji
03-16-2006, 10:34 AM
why would we need henderson and goodspeed?

Why is nichols eating a roster spot?

dont worry about all wholes getting plugged, we have a great draft comin up and we want $ for next season also

maxinator11
03-16-2006, 11:23 AM
I agree with every comment, but you all have 4gotten one very big point. Everyone hasnt stressed enough on the draft coming. 3 pics within the first 51 people is where superstars are. We could draft a quarterback rather than start Johnson. Who knows? Every year there's been a couple of steals in the 1st and 2nd rounds. That could happen this year, no???

ThaSuperFreak33
03-16-2006, 07:15 PM
"SharperImage42" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

"ThaSuperFreak33" wrote:

"SharperImage42" wrote:

We lost out on edge, demps, and dexter jackson..

are we gonna lose on hutch??

i dont understand why were not spending money, is julian peterson meeting with anyone yet??

aghh

I agree with you we are not geting the guys we want in soon enough. Julian Peterson is meeting with the Seahawks.

We got the guys WE WANT that is where all of you are wrong. This is not Madden ... you cannot just get all the best guys at all the spots. We obviously wanted Taylor and went right out and got him ... we obviously wanted Longwell and immediately tied him up and we made a HUGE offer on Hutchinson to shore up our biggest weakness ...
What do you guys want? The only thing we missed out on that we seriously pursued was Dexter Jackson (who had one really good game in his career and is living off of that). Although I think by the tender offered to Offord that our coaches are very happy with him and are not too concerned with chasing an over-priced safety.
To say we are missing out because other players are signing with some of the other 31 teams is a little overboard ... we are do fairly well.

were not losing out??

giants are having a better offseason than we are, so are the cardinals, (this is without us having hutch yet) both of those teams are NFC, we have to fill more holes, we need another safety, and another LB

You said it perfect. We filled some holes but we still have some other holes to fill. We need LB and we got Leber is he the savior of our LB crew without getting anyone else? I dont think so he will be a good player but not a game breaker like Peterson would be. We signed Hutch to an offer sheet but will we get him and if we dont we lost out on a few Olinemen already. We lost Chavous and did not find a replacement or backup to Offord who can be a good player if Offord does not do it. We lost Culpepper and now we need a QB and backup but everyone is getting signed up. All Im saying is we had holes to fill but with losing some of the players we already had more holes opened up and I dont think we are moving fast enough to get anyone else in here like some of the other teams are doing.

nfl-forums
03-16-2006, 07:49 PM
"midgensa" wrote:

What do you guys want? The only thing we missed out on that we seriously pursued was Dexter Jackson (who had one really good game in his career and is living off of that). Although I think by the tender offered to Offord that our coaches are very happy with him and are not too concerned with chasing an over-priced safety.

Will Demps was also in that class, but we missed out on him.

Outside of the Hutchinson signing, it has been pretty quiet. Lowballing Burleson was not really a good aggressive move if they want him to play happy (he's visiting with Seattle right now). Ben Leber is a decent pickup, but nothing spectacular - still unproven in my estimation. Chester Taylor is a good, wise pickup, IMO.

Beyond that we really haven't used our biggest advantage over the 31 other teams in the league. There is no reason that we shouldn't be able to get someone like Jackson to at least visit with the team - especially with Tomlin as our D-Coordinator.

Also, knowing that we were losing C-Pepp, why wouldn't they do something to get the next best QB out there (Brees)! Are we going to now get in a bidding war for McCown?

revprodeji
03-16-2006, 07:51 PM
we are drafting a safety, so use Offord as a stop-gap and get a stud in the draft.

there were no pure SS in this free agency anyway. Some say demps, but he is a hybrid

seaniemck7
03-16-2006, 09:36 PM
All Im saying is we had holes to fill but with losing some of the players we already had more holes opened up and I dont think we are moving fast enough to get anyone else in here like some of the other teams are doing.

Not moving fast enough? Did you not see the people we have signed already? FA is not even a week old ffs. I think we have done a stellar job of signing people that fit within our system that have a future with the Vikes. If you pay attention, it seems like we are signing folks that we can build a team upon. Take James vs. Taylor for example. Yes, James is a more prolific back stats wise... without question. However Taylor is a year younger with A LOT less miles on him. I think that was a great pick up for us.

bruggie34
03-16-2006, 10:45 PM
Listen...you don't go out an blow all your cap space just cause you have it. What if we go overpay for people just to have names and then next year we miss out on a superstar cause we don't have the cash. We are getting high character guys that will fit into our system...which, with a whole new coaching staff we don't have a clue what it will look like. We have already improved and we still have the draft. This team would have been much better last year if we played Brad all last year.

so basically, like in the bedroom, don't blow your wad cause you can, make it worth your while. thank you and good night.

Frozen Tundran
03-17-2006, 12:34 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

Hey, you know for being a Packer fan, you are actually pretty cool with all this.. It's not to often that you run across a Packer fan on this site, and actually don't mind communicating with them. Props to you man...

We do have some great Packer fans here at PP.O.

So, not to all...do not automatically assume that you can flame a Packer fan or a fan of another team. Silvermane is a Lions fan and he is as classy as it gets.

Its nice to see some of the opinions of other fans and get their perspective; sometimes it helps us from getting to carried away.

I do not know Frozan Tundran well, but I like the guy already. He has added some great content and I am glad that we can get his views here.

Thanks!

Thanks UV, I know you better than you do me because I do more lurking than posting. Don't worry, I can take the abuse, I understand that denigrating packer Fans should be a ritual on Vikings sites. In fact I would be offended if we weren't worthy of that sort of hatred! =)

I myself hate the Vikings because I grew up in the Seventies and if you'll recall, things were very different then. Constant stompings by those great Vikes teams led me to despise them, but I never hated Vikings fans personally. In fact you might even say I like Viking fans more than those of any other team outside the Packers. I even chose to live amongst you for awhile. I spent two years at UMD before transferring back to the UW.

Thus I'm a bonafide Packer fan, but I kinda like the Vikings too--about as much as I like Ohio State and Michigan. In other words I wanna see you stomped just about every week, 'cept when you're in the playoffs, because then you're kinda playing for us, aren't you? I'm sure you don't think of it that way, but people like me do, and I'd rather hate a *great* Viking team than a pathetic one--it validates our struggle more in my view. I mean, it was only this last year the Bears were actually worthy of hatred for the first time in about fifteen years! When a Packer fan feels sorry for the Bears you know they hit rock-bottom.

FedjeViking
03-17-2006, 12:49 AM
"Frozen Tundran" wrote:


Heh, thanks, but as Los Angelis will tell you, I'm not 'cool' about losing Longwell at all. In fact 'red hot anger' would be a better description. If my Packer site was up today I'd be regaling Packer fans with how stupid it was to lose Longwell. I'm kind of a broken record on the subject.

Enjoy his services. You won't need another placekicker for about ten years. We'll be searching high and low for years trying to replace him. You have no idea how angry this makes me. Does Ted Thompson have a dog? That's about where I'm at. (in the mid seventies disgruntled Packer fans killed Dan Devine's dog)

I'd never do something like that, but I can think it real hard, can't I?

Really?? That's just mean and cruel, the poor dog didn't do anything! :cry:

shawn9876uss
03-17-2006, 12:51 AM
I am happy with who we have picked up, plus we still have the draft, only the vikes know what they have planned for the draft, plus they are working on getting schaub, which would be a phenominal pickup

whackthepack
03-17-2006, 12:55 AM
"Frozen Tundran" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

Hey, you know for being a Packer fan, you are actually pretty cool with all this.. It's not to often that you run across a Packer fan on this site, and actually don't mind communicating with them. Props to you man...

We do have some great Packer fans here at PP.O.

So, not to all...do not automatically assume that you can flame a Packer fan or a fan of another team. Silvermane is a Lions fan and he is as classy as it gets.

Its nice to see some of the opinions of other fans and get their perspective; sometimes it helps us from getting to carried away.

I do not know Frozan Tundran well, but I like the guy already. He has added some great content and I am glad that we can get his views here.

Thanks!

Thanks UV, I know you better than you do me because I do more lurking than posting. Don't worry, I can take the abuse, I understand that denigrating packer Fans should be a ritual on Vikings sites. In fact I would be offended if we weren't worthy of that sort of hatred! =)

I myself hate the Vikings because I grew up in the Seventies and if you'll recall, things were very different then. Constant stompings by those great Vikes teams led me to despise them, but I never hated Vikings fans personally. In fact you might even say I like Viking fans more than those of any other team outside the Packers. I even chose to live amongst you for awhile. I spent two years at UMD before transferring back to the UW.

Thus I'm a bonafide Packer fan, but I kinda like the Vikings too--about as much as I like Ohio State and Michigan. In other words I wanna see you stomped just about every week, 'cept when you're in the playoffs, because then you're kinda playing for us, aren't you? I'm sure you don't think of it that way, but people like me do, and I'd rather hate a *great* Viking team than a pathetic one--it validates our struggle more in my view. I mean, it was only this last year the Bears were actually worthy of hatred for the first time in about fifteen years! When a Packer fan feels sorry for the Bears you know they hit rock-bottom.


2 questions for you.

1. If you hate the Vikings why do you come on here especially after last season when the Pack was so bad?


2. What is with your name"Frozen Tundran"? why the N? it is Tundra.

Frozen Tundran
03-17-2006, 07:37 AM
I'm here basically because my Packer site is down and I wanted a little football talk.

I probably don't hate the Vikings as much as I should, being a Packer fan and all. I will admit in the Seventies I got real sick of you from time to time, especially 1978. There's just issues there, mebbe you had to be there. However, and please don't let this offend you, in any given game you're in I'm probably rooting for you. Games against the Pack excepted, of course, but generally if you're playing the Cowboys I hope the Vikes win. Although.....if Satan were playing the Cowboys I might just root for Satan.....

The 'n' is because my monniker is to indicate I'm a denizen of the 'Frozen Tundra' and intended as a self-conscious joke as I just hate being 'frozen' even though I live here and chose of my own free will to go to places like Duluth, Minnesota and Keflavic, Iceland. The irony is I just hate cold weather. I'm used to it of course, but I still hate it.

collegeguyjeff
03-17-2006, 07:47 AM
"Frozen Tundran" wrote:

You guys are getting Hutch? :-(

I didn't hear anything about that. This just depresses me as a Packer fan. The Vikes are getting all the players I like. Especially Ryan Longwell. If you guys end up with Favre the gloves are coming off. I'll pop that wounded balloon you call 'home.'

Then I will go home and cry in my beer. :-(

who said we would want favre? i sure don't want him i wouldn't watch any games that he played in.

Frozen Tundran
03-17-2006, 07:56 AM
"FedjeViking" wrote:




Really?? That's just mean and cruel, the poor dog didn't do anything! :cry:

You're right, of course, Fedj, and I'd never do it, but I'm allowed to think it sometimes, aren't I? It is kinda funny the most menacing question any reporter can ask any Green Bay official is "do you have a dog?" :grin:

It's kind of the horse head in the bed thing. Come to think about it, it musta happened about the same time. The "Godfather" was probably the inspiration. We take our football very seriously here in Green Bay. It's kind of an 'offer you can't refuse." :smile:

Frozen Tundran
03-17-2006, 07:58 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

"Frozen Tundran" wrote:

You guys are getting Hutch? :-(

I didn't hear anything about that. This just depresses me as a Packer fan. The Vikes are getting all the players I like. Especially Ryan Longwell. If you guys end up with Favre the gloves are coming off. I'll pop that wounded balloon you call 'home.'

Then I will go home and cry in my beer. :-(

who said we would want favre? i sure don't want him i wouldn't watch any games that he played in.

If you have a three digit IQ you'd want him. I do realize allowances must be made for those of you from the Iron Range. :grin:

collegeguyjeff
03-17-2006, 08:03 AM
"Frozen Tundran" wrote:

I'm here basically because my Packer site is down and I wanted a little football talk.

I probably don't hate the Vikings as much as I should, being a Packer fan and all. I will admit in the Seventies I got real sick of you from time to time, especially 1978. There's just issues there, mebbe you had to be there. However, and please don't let this offend you, in any given game you're in I'm probably rooting for you. Games against the Pack excepted, of course, but generally if you're playing the Cowboys I hope the Vikes win. Although.....if Satan were playing the Cowboys I might just root for Satan.....

The 'n' is because my monniker is to indicate I'm a denizen of the 'Frozen Tundra' and intended as a self-conscious joke as I just hate being 'frozen' even though I live here and chose of my own free will to go to places like Duluth, Minnesota and Keflavic, Iceland. The irony is I just hate cold weather. I'm used to it of course, but I still hate it.

i live by duluth and it sucks here. lots of meth labs in duluth too if your into that sorta thing being your from wisconsin.

Frozen Tundran
03-17-2006, 08:11 AM
I'm sorry to hear it. :sad:

No, that's not my speed. I'm terribly sorry to hear you hate where you live, circa 1992 it was a nice place to be.

But far too cold. I also coulda done without the 36.9 inches of snow I got dropped on me starting Halloween, '91. (October!!!!)

Sadistic that was, just plain evil. Poor little Wisconsin boy like me, and you did THAT to me? :shock:

ultravikingfan
03-17-2006, 03:09 PM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

i live by duluth and it sucks here. lots of meth labs in duluth too if your into that sorta thing being your from wisconsin.

Everything becomes more clear.

mnjamie
03-17-2006, 03:12 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

i live by duluth and it sucks here. lots of meth labs in duluth too if your into that sorta thing being your from wisconsin.

Everything becomes more clear.


Ohhhh so very, very clear ..... :lol: