PDA

View Full Version : MY JERSEY

COJOMAY
03-15-2006, 02:25 AM
I see complaint after complaint about people's Culpepper and Moss' jersey's and how mad they are about the trade because they can't wear their jerseys anymore.
Ya know what? Have you EVER thought of just buying a VIKINGS JERSEY?
I have never bought a players jersey in my life but I have several Vikings jerseys, hats, jackets, etc.
I support a team not the players!

V-Unit
03-15-2006, 02:29 AM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

I see complaint after complaint about people's Culpepper and Moss' jersey's and how made they are about the trade because they can't wear their jerseys anymore.
Ya know what? Have you EVER thought of just buying a VIKINGS JERSEY?
I have never bought a players jersey in my life but I have several Vikings jerseys, hats, jackets, etc.
I support a team not the players!What do you want? A pat on the back? Or how about a cookie?

MensaTice
03-15-2006, 02:29 AM
I had a Randle jersey with stitched letters, now its a Kevin Williams jersey. Get stitched letters or someone who isn't a total assbag like Daunte, so then the jersey is still cool when they are gone, like my brothers Tommy Kramer jersey

ultravikingfan
03-15-2006, 02:51 AM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Too bad guys like us are in the minority IMO.

renovikesfan
03-15-2006, 03:07 AM
My fiancee and I have alot of different jerseys, with the players names on the back, Including Culpepper and Moss. It's a way for us to get a team set. Besides you can't play favorites with everything in life so you got to do it while you can.

mr.woo
03-15-2006, 03:15 AM
its okay for me i had stopped wearing my cullpper jersey a long time ago cause the numbers are peeled off and i leave white stuff wherever i go from it.

AlabamaViking
03-15-2006, 03:20 AM
You know, if you get a jersey, get your own name on it and wear it forever...then be buried in it.
If you need another jersey, go for the Hall of Famers.

Until next time...

cajunvike
03-15-2006, 03:34 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

That's why my VIKINGS jersey is #1 and has CAJUNVIKE on the back...it will live forever!!!

And YES...I will take both a pat on the back AND a cookie, V-Unit! :lol:

gregair13
03-15-2006, 04:05 AM
i just bought a robert smith jersey on ebay. it was cheap and he wont ever not be a all time viking great. so i should be safe. the jerseys without names look kind of cheap, i think so at least.

tjohnson
03-15-2006, 04:14 AM
"gregair13" wrote:

i just bought a robert smith jersey on ebay. it was cheap and he wont ever not be a all time viking great. so i should be safe. the jerseys without names look kind of cheap, i think so at least.

I agree, no numbers looks cheesy. Just spend a little more and go w/ the classy authentic jerseys w/ a name that you know won't screw you like a Tom Brady or in the Vikings case a Robert Smith/Cris Carter type. It's only money.

magicci
03-15-2006, 04:31 AM
so far none of our players look like a safe bet.

Prophet
03-15-2006, 02:36 PM
"magicci" wrote:

so far none of our players look like a safe bet.

They rarely are.

FedjeViking
03-15-2006, 02:40 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

That's why my VIKINGS jersey is #1 and has CAJUNVIKE on the back...it will live forever!!!

And YES...I will take both a pat on the back AND a cookie, V-Unit! :lol:

I have seen Cajun's jersey, and this will be how my next jersey is. Maybe # 00 and FedjeViking on the back!

V-Unit
03-15-2006, 07:58 PM
Either way I'm not getting a new jersey anytime soon because first of all the draft is coming. (Cutler jersey perhaps?) and second of all we are getting new unis!

Gift
03-15-2006, 08:00 PM
I have a vikes jersey with my name on it. As long as my company doesnt trade/cut me, I'm good.

DCPologirl
03-15-2006, 08:02 PM
"gregair13" wrote:

That's why I bought a Warren Moon jersey

vikesoto
03-16-2006, 01:00 AM
The best thing about "authentic" jerseys is that when someone leaves the team you can still get use out of it, don't throw it away!I.e... when Hovan left last year I took the letters off it and had James put on it. Now that Culpepper, Chavous,B.Williams and Bennett are gone wait to see if a free agent pick up or rookie is going to use #'s 11,21,29, or 23. Didn't Taylor wear #29 in Baltimre? He may use the same # here, simply change the name on your jersey. What if the Vikings draft LenDale White, he wore #21 at USC,he may want to use it here. Just be patient.

vikesoto
03-16-2006, 01:00 AM
The best thing about "authentic" jerseys is that when someone leaves the team you can still get use out of it, don't throw it away!I.e... when Hovan left last year I took the letters off it and had James put on it. Now that Culpepper, Chavous,B.Williams and Bennett are gone wait to see if a free agent pick up or rookie is going to use #'s 11,21,29, or 23. Didn't Taylor wear #29 in Baltimre? He may use the same # here, simply change the name on your jersey. What if the Vikings draft LenDale White, he wore #21 at USC,he may want to use it here. Just be patient.

Lotza
03-16-2006, 01:03 AM
yeah

i had a bad feelin about cpepp.

so i went out and got a winfield one.

should do the trick.

*knocks on wood.

wyorob
03-16-2006, 01:18 AM
I have a White Jersey with no name and no # on it it is universal and its lasted years

bender_over
03-16-2006, 01:25 AM
"wyorob" wrote:

I have a White Jersey with no name and no # on it it is universal and its lasted years

There's a reason why those blank jerseys sell for $5 on ebay.

bender_over
03-16-2006, 01:32 AM
I think I'm bad luck when it comes to buying players' jerseys. I bought a replica Bennett jersey during the offseason between his pro bowl year and the 2003 season when he was injured for most of the year and ineffective the rest. Now he'll likely leave to another team.

Then I bought my Culpepper authentic jersey in December of 2004 when C-Pep was having an outstanding year. Then he had the worst season of his career before blowing out his knee and know he's traded.

Maybe I should hold off on buying jerseys for a while or else buy a Packers or Bears jersey. Actually, there's a youth Urlacher jersey that's been in the lost and found at work for like 4 months. Maybe I should start wearing that baby around and see what happens.

VikesfaninWis
03-16-2006, 01:36 AM
I have a Moss jersey, but I know my next one will either be a plain Vikes jersey, or a personalized one.

I will for sure wait until the new unis come out

VikesFan4Life
03-16-2006, 01:39 AM
I'm planning on buying an Authentic jersey sometime with my last name on it. JACOBSON #22 (my # in high school, lol)

FedjeViking
03-16-2006, 01:48 AM
I want an Anthony (AC) Carter shirt. Autographed would be great, but all I see are to much money. :cry: