PDA

View Full Version : I posted this before

enlvikeman
03-14-2006, 08:14 AM
Some of you may have seen it but oh well. The best Rb we have on our roster. I will never understand the fascination with marijuana.

http://media.putfile.com/O-Smith

Your a cop. You probably see a lot of people with drug fascinations. I do not understand them either.

midgensa
03-14-2006, 08:20 AM
"enlvikeman" wrote:

Some of you may have seen it but oh well. The best Rb we have on our roster. I will never understand the fascination with marijuana.

This has nothing to do with the post ... just saw your quote on your sig ... made me crack up ... :lol:
damn idiot

purplepride818
03-14-2006, 08:21 AM
too bad. he has so much potential

gregair13
03-14-2006, 08:23 AM
lets hope he fixes himself and stays here.

i didnt know he was a duck

MensaTice
03-14-2006, 08:24 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

"enlvikeman" wrote:

This has nothing to do with the post ... just saw your quote on your sig ... made me crack up ... :lol:
gol 'darnit idiot

:shock:
Good God! I never saw that one. Wow.

midgensa
03-14-2006, 08:31 AM
On a serious note I would love to see O.Smith get back into form. He was soooo good at Oregon ... but already had rumors of drug problems when he came in (and it hurt his draft status). I won two Hesiman's with him on NCAA football! :lol:
I remember that WSU game that they show all those highlights from ... and remember how damn good he was in college ... I just think I might be getting tired of saying "if only" with him

magicci
03-14-2006, 08:38 AM
i love his shiftyness its beautiful. if he comes back i think he has the ability to be our starter if hes in shape, which if he isnt i wouldnt doubt that whe would be able to do it during the offseason. he just needs to be off the junk. he can be a pro-bowler he is a powerful runner.

VikingsTw
03-14-2006, 08:43 AM
I've said it ALL offseason he is our best RB, proof is in those video's and what he's done on the feild in the past, his rookie season when we still had an offensive line he average 5.4 yards a carry and gained like 700 yards in 4 games. He's a beast. I was quickly becoming a huge Onterrio Fan but he's gotta let the weed go, the man can play football. If they don't bring him back for traing camp i will be upset.

He should have a clean slate with the new coach and a new chance, it can't hurt we have depth at RB.

Nice video.

magicci
03-14-2006, 08:47 AM
bring him back!!!!!!!!! please!

MensaTice
03-14-2006, 08:48 AM
Its easy to poke fun at the guy but i remember reading a couple months ago how he has cut himself off to pretty much everyone but those close to him and is trying to get back on track with life and back into the league. He has so much talent and his style of play is my peronal favorite for a RB. I hope we give him a shot. He should be affordable so if he for some sick reason can't stay clean, it shouldn't be too much of a risk other than the slight pr hit. If you want to know what the bright side of bringing him back could be look no further than K-Rob.

VikingsTw
03-14-2006, 08:50 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

On a serious note I would love to see O.Smith get back into form. He was soooo good at Oregon ... but already had rumors of drug problems when he came in (and it hurt his draft status). I won two Hesiman's with him on NCAA football! :lol:
I remember that WSU game that they show all those highlights from ... and remember how gol 'darnit good he was in college ... I just think I might be getting tired of saying "if only" with him

I'm with you there, next screw up is strike three. He's got way to much talent to not bring back though, give him another shot, see if the year off did anything to his life. How much does football mean to him?

Everyone talks about drafting a first round back, onterrio is a first round back. Speed, Vision, Size, Power, Elusive, Hands, he's got it all.

magicci
03-14-2006, 08:52 AM
i think he could do it and stay clean the only thing im worried about is childress. i doubt he will let him come back.

t_13
03-14-2006, 08:55 AM
i saw on pti one time that he said he was done with the weed and wanted to return to the vikings.. and i think childress said that he was gonna give him a shot so idk..

magicci
03-14-2006, 08:57 AM
"t_13" wrote:

i saw on pti one time that he said he was done with the weed and wanted to return to the vikings.. and i think childress said that he was gonna give him a shot so idk..
i hope thats right.

VikingsTw
03-14-2006, 08:58 AM
"magicci" wrote:

i think he could do it and stay clean the only thing im worried about is childress. i doubt he will let him come back.

Onterrio doesn't necasarily have "attitude" problems though, those are probably the worst to deal with. I think Onterrio is a very likeable guy. It will be intristing to see childress's decision on smith. Smith is alot like westbrook.

magicci
03-14-2006, 09:01 AM
but i think childress would be so fixated on taylor that he wont even really give smith a real chance

midgensa
03-14-2006, 09:05 AM
"vikingstw" wrote:

I've said it ALL offseason he is our best RB, proof is in those video's and what he's done on the feild in the past, his rookie season when we still had an offensive line he average 5.4 yards a carry and gained like 700 yards in 4 games. He's a beast. I was quickly becoming a huge Onterrio Fan but he's gotta let the weed go, the man can play football. If they don't bring him back for traing camp i will be upset.

He should have a clean slate with the new coach and a new chance, it can't hurt we have depth at RB.

Nice video.

OK ... lets not exagerate too much ... the best four games of his career combined only equal 470 yards ... not quite 700 ...
But he did average 5.4 yards and run for 579 yards in his rookie year and ran for a solid 544 in 04 despite being suspended for five games.
I would love to see what a focused Onterrio could do.

magicci
03-14-2006, 09:07 AM
a focused onterrio who starts all 16 games can get at least 1600 yards

VikingsTw
03-14-2006, 09:12 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

"vikingstw" wrote:

Nice video.

OK ... lets not exagerate too much ... the best four games of his career combined only equal 470 yards ... not quite 700 ...
But he did average 5.4 yards and run for 579 yards in his rookie year and ran for a solid 544 in 04 despite being suspended for five games.
I would love to see what a focused Onterrio could do.

Oops, i new the #'s where somewhere in the neiborhood. Should have did the research.

aceclown
03-14-2006, 09:21 AM
"magicci" wrote:

a focused onterrio who starts all 16 games can get at least 1600 yards

I dont know about "at least", 1600 may be realistic but not an expectation. But, it could happen if we land Hutch.

Benet
03-14-2006, 01:11 PM
Great video, if he can prove himself clean and willing to work for the team then I'll welcome him back with open arms.

olson_10
03-14-2006, 01:26 PM
so is it official that he is going to be with us this season?

Benet
03-14-2006, 01:27 PM
"olson_10" wrote:

so is it official that he is going to be with us this season?

Not entirely. The Vikings are not allowed to get in touch with Smith til May, when his year-long suspension is over.

Anything said before that is pure conjecture.

DCPologirl
03-14-2006, 06:10 PM
"magicci" wrote:

bring him back!!!!!!!!! please!

Agreed...I have maintained my support for him , he is so darn talented