PDA

View Full Version : Brees to sign with Miami as early as tonight

TMAC604
03-14-2006, 12:39 AM
Reports that i have heard in the last 10 minutes have stated that Brees is going to sign with Miami as early as tonight. He must pass a physical first.

Looks like there are fewer takers for Culpepper. Which means we will probably give him up for nothing (Just like Randy).

Looks like my conspiracy theory about the NFL moving these premier players to bigger markets is true.

DCPologirl
03-14-2006, 12:41 AM
Or maybe we'll tell him to stop crying you are under contract and keep him?

vikesoto
03-14-2006, 12:42 AM
Looks like we may still have Culpepper next season afterall. Wow, talk about damage control ! Daunte would have to win back ALOT of fans.

VikesfaninWis
03-14-2006, 12:46 AM
I know that he has complained and has made a a$$ out of himself, but with the current options for backup QB's being so poor, I say lets keep him, and make him earn the starting position back.

By that I mean, that BJ gets the job, and the only way Pepp gets a chance to be the starter again is if BJ gets hurt, or plays like crap. Maybe keeping him, and making him ride the bench will teach him to be a team player.

That is for sure a better option then Craig Nall, or JT O' Sucksalot.. That way we atleast know that in a crunch, we have a backup that we know can play good.. I am all for keeping him at this point, just as long as he is not given anything.

snowinapril
03-14-2006, 12:50 AM
One TD he is forgiven!

Two TDs it is all water under the bridge.

One fumble or int and the dam will break and the sky will fall or his dingy will sink.

Prophet
03-14-2006, 12:52 AM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

I know that he has complained and has made a a$$ out of himself, but with the current options for backup QB's being so poor, I say lets keep him, and make him earn the starting position back.

By that I mean, that BJ gets the job, and the only way Pepp gets a chance to be the starter again is if BJ gets hurt, or plays like crap. Maybe keeping him, and making him ride the bench will teach him to be a team player.

That is for sure a better option then Craig Nall, or JT O' Sucksalot.. That way we atleast know that in a crunch, we have a backup that we know can play good.. I am all for keeping him at this point, just as long as he is not given anything.

It's impossible to keep him and not give him anything. He has a nice little bonus that's due on March 25. The Raiders are still trying to weasel a deal for Culpepper. I wouldn't be surprised if Nall gets signed, what is up with that meeting? Nall met with the Vikings today (http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=407781) and they like him due to his experience with the WCO.

mogwai
03-14-2006, 12:54 AM
my god,it turned into another daunte thread...lol

RK.
03-14-2006, 12:57 AM
Maybe DC can be the backup QB for Brees. :razz:

Guruzen
03-14-2006, 12:58 AM
Hehe well who gives a crap about brees anyway? :)

Prophet
03-14-2006, 12:59 AM
"RK." wrote:

Maybe DC can be the backup QB for Brees. :razz:

Wouldn't that be awesome. RB heavy in Baltimore and QB heavy in Miami. The QB situation will be resolved soon in MN and there will be gnashing of teeth by some. I can't wait.

cc21
03-14-2006, 01:01 AM
Maybe he will sign as early as tonight. But we have had that Daunte is suppose to be traded as early as tomorrow morning thread up since like last thursday, so who knows.

Prophet
03-14-2006, 01:02 AM
"coreychavous21" wrote:

Maybe he will sign as early as tonight. But we have had that Daunte is suppose to be traded as early as tomorrow morning thread up since like last thursday, so who knows.

Don't even say that, another groundhog day thread. I hope it happens so I know what day it is.

Gift
03-14-2006, 01:07 AM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

Or maybe we'll tell him to stop crying you are under contract and keep him?hope so :smile:

VikesfaninWis
03-14-2006, 01:14 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

It's impossible to keep him and not give him anything. He has a nice little bonus that's due on March 25. The Raiders are still trying to weasel a deal for Culpepper. I wouldn't be surprised if Nall gets signed, what is up with that meeting? Nall met with the Vikings today (http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=407781) and they like him due to his experience with the WCO.

All I know is if we sign Nall as our backup, we are asking for trouble. He may know the WCO, but a legitimate backup he will never be. He hasn't even done much in the NFL. I would hate to see what happens if BJ were to go down with a injury. If that were to happen, and Nall is our backup, we would call it a season at that moment. When a guys greatest claim to fame is getting Brett Favre a cup of coffee, that is bad...

michaelmazid
03-14-2006, 01:18 AM
I am not at all suprised to see that Drew Brees wants to sign with Miami.

No offense to you minnesotaians but Miami rocks and is full of hot girls.

FedjeViking
03-14-2006, 01:19 AM
Well according to this.... Tennessean (http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060313/SPORTS01/603130362/1328/SPORTS)

Daunte ONLY wants the Fins! If they sign Brees, CP stays here! Oh how funny :lol: , I think he needs a manager! :lol: :lol:

Prophet
03-14-2006, 01:23 AM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

All I know is if we sign Nall as our backup, we are asking for trouble. He may know the WCO, but a legitimate backup he will never be. He hasn't even done much in the NFL. I would hate to see what happens if BJ were to go down with a injury. If that were to happen, and Nall is our backup, we would call it a season at that moment. When a guys greatest claim to fame is getting Brett Favre a cup of coffee, that is bad...

LOL, I agree. If he were to be signed it would be a short-term solution I'm guessing. I was reading about him and he was the NFLE's leading passer in '03 (http://www.packersnews.com/team/bios/bio_5170373.shtml) with a league high 95.9 passer rating. Click here (http://www.packers.com/team/players/nall_craig/) for some other crap about him or click here (http://www.packers.com/pdfs/nall05.pdf) for some more crap about him. He could be ok, I would take him over J.T. O'Sullivan for whatever that is worth.

I'm not saying I want him signed, but I am saying it would not surprise me.

mr.woo
03-14-2006, 01:24 AM
oh crap i hope they dont sign him. that means daunte has a huge chance of staying here. :sad:

PurplePride80
03-14-2006, 01:25 AM
"mr.woo" wrote:

oh crap i hope they dont sign him. that means daunte has a huge chance of staying here. :sad:

^ Is that a bad thing?

PurplePeopleEaters89
03-14-2006, 01:25 AM
I hope someone else wants him, because the last time i checked Miami was the only team that was interested!!!

singersp
03-14-2006, 01:33 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

LOL, I agree. If he were to be signed it would be a short-term solution I'm guessing. I was reading about him and he was the NFLE's leading passer in '03 (http://www.packersnews.com/team/bios/bio_5170373.shtml) with a league high 95.9 passer rating. Click here (http://www.packers.com/team/players/nall_craig/) for some other crap about him or click here (http://www.packers.com/pdfs/nall05.pdf) for some more crap about him. He could be ok, I would take him over J.T. O'Sullivan for whatever that is worth.

Ditto! A lot of GB fans at work like Nall, but they say he takes off running to easily.

People need to take a closer look at what's waiting in the wings with JT.

Hell, I think I'd rather see Nall than JT anyday.

Ferotte would be one of my first choices as back up.

ultravikingfan
03-14-2006, 03:06 AM
Is there any confirmation on this?

Link?

Something?

finnishvikingsfan
03-14-2006, 03:11 AM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

And then once he is healthy maybe put him on the trade block and see what offers are there.

ChosenOne
03-14-2006, 03:15 AM
"FedjeViking" wrote:

Well according to this.... Tennessean (http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060313/SPORTS01/603130362/1328/SPORTS)

Daunte ONLY wants the Fins! If they sign Brees, CP stays here! Oh how funny :lol: , I think he needs a manager! :lol: :lol:
If he only wants fins than why would he stay with the Vikings?
And he isnt welcome back so he is out of luck

olson_10
03-14-2006, 03:28 AM
"ChosenOne" wrote:

"FedjeViking" wrote:

If he only wants fins than why would he stay with the Vikings?
And he isnt welcome back so he is out of luck
well he did say that if he wasnt traded, he wanted his contract terminated..so i think it is him that doesnt want to be here..basically this leaves us to trade him to oakland for whatever they give, or else listen to him whine until we release him

olson_10
03-14-2006, 03:30 AM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

the fact of the matter still is Daunte said "Trade me, or terminate my contract." meaning if he doesnt end up with somebody else through a trade, he demands to be released..whether we want him to be here or not, he doesnt want to be..he wants the starting job handed to him elsewhere rather than earning it here

Big C
03-14-2006, 03:32 AM
Well I'll be happy if Dante is forced to stay with us. Solves our backup QB problem. If he stays, hope things work out for both parties because the team will benefit.

I still think he is a franchise QB and this whole drama was a good maturing process. I hope he can pull himself out of the hole he has dug for himself.

VikesfaninWis
03-14-2006, 03:34 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

Ditto! A lot of GB fans at work like Nall, but they say he takes off running to easily.

People need to take a closer look at what's waiting in the wings with JT.

Hell, I think I'd rather see Nall than JT anyday.

Ferotte would be one of my first choices as back up.

I agree Singers... My first choice for a backup if we get rid of Pepp would for sure be Gus Ferotte.. The guy did extremely well in our system, thus getting the starting job for the Dolphins... I am very shocked that we haven't gone after another QB yet. I hope they have a plan, because if they think we can go into the season with BJ, Nall, and O' Sullivan, they are sadly mistaken....

Big C
03-14-2006, 03:35 AM
the fact of the matter still is Daunte said "Trade me, or terminate my contract." meaning if he doesnt end up with somebody else through a trade, he demands to be released..whether we want him to be here or not, he doesnt want to be..he wants the starting job handed to him elsewhere rather than earning it here
That was how the article paraphrazed his statement (damn media). He said something like "you either trade me or release me. If neither is possible I won't have any problems fulfilling my contractual duties".

PurpleManiac
Maybe we'll trade Peps to Miami for Brees :D LOL kidding kidding...

If Brees is gone give me Schaub.

Guruzen
Who's going to trade for Pep knowing that we will probably release him later this month???

Just like Edge who never found a trade partner because everyone knows indy can't afford him.

SharperVikings
03-14-2006, 03:36 AM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

I wish they would just make him honor his contract!

ChosenOne
03-14-2006, 03:44 AM
"Big C" wrote:

Well I'll be happy if Dante is forced to stay with us. Solves our backup QB problem. If he stays, hope things work out for both parties because the team will benefit.

I still think he is a franchise QB and this whole drama was a good maturing process. I hope he can pull himself out of the hole he has dug for himself.
Holdon he said he doesnt want to be here ,what makes you think he will decide to take all that back and stay with the vikings.
And again I say what makes you think we want him back?

DaunteHOF
03-14-2006, 04:48 AM
great news, DC11 will stay a viking and all is water under the bridge

vegasvike
03-14-2006, 04:52 AM
So brees and the dolphins reached an agreement?

olson_10
03-14-2006, 04:53 AM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

unfortunately he thinks he's god's gift to minnesota football fans, and he doesnt think we are worthy of watching him play

olson_10
03-14-2006, 04:54 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

great news, DC11 will stay a viking and all is water under the bridge
it would certainly seem that way..otherwise this means that the raiders will get him with a crappy 3rd or 4th round pick..if he truely wants to play out his contract without complaining one bit, then i want him here, but if he plans on trying to get released by whining to the media again, and not showing up for camp, then we deal him for the best possible deal, which will be a 3rd rounder or less

iluvbigtds
03-14-2006, 04:55 AM
I say we call Daunte's bluff, keep him on the roster, put him on the PUP list so he can't mess around with team chemistry, wait for him to get healthy and then deal him.

GoVikes11
03-14-2006, 05:01 AM
Is there a link to this?

SharperVikings
03-14-2006, 05:08 AM
Dolphins | Brees puts off contract talks with Miami until Tuesday
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 18:47:37 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports free agent QB Drew Brees (Chargers) put off contract negotiations with the Miami Dolphins until Tuesday, March 14. Brees left Miami Monday evening, March 13, for Birmingham, Ala., where he's rehabbing his right shoulder under the watchful eye of Dr. James Andrews, who performed the operation in January. Contract talks between the Dolphins and Brees' agent, Tom Condon, did not take place because Brees spent the day undergoing a battery of doctors' tests. The Dolphins and Brees are stuck on the amount of guaranteed money Brees should receive. Miami is wary of guaranteeing $10 million of his contract after he came off shoulder surgery.

HornedHat
03-14-2006, 05:23 AM
Miami won't pay Brees $10 mil. Unless they have changed spots, or Saban has gained more influence over Wayne. It's not their MO.

whackthepack
03-14-2006, 07:34 AM
"FedjeViking" wrote:

He was told NO when asked if he could contact the teams that were interested in him. So if he spoke to Tennessee, either the Titans are guilty of tampering or C-pep is in violation of his contract!

whackthepack
03-14-2006, 07:43 AM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

Brad Johnson was not a starter in College, and was a backup QB in Minny for 4 years before he got a chance to be the starter, and then he went on to become a probowler and win a SuperBowl!

briboy75
03-14-2006, 07:51 AM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

it also is dirty poor and run down and large parts of the city.... more then most cities.. and has the highest violent crime rate of any major us city...least favorite city ive spent any time in.

ultravikingfan
03-14-2006, 07:57 AM
"briboy75" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

it also is dirty poor and run down and large parts of the city.... more then most cities.. and has the highest violent crime rate of any major us city...least favorite city ive spent any time in.

A freind of mine relocated down there for work. He said the same thing.

Its not like to see on TV he said.

Gift
03-14-2006, 08:09 AM
"briboy75" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

it also is dirty poor and run down and large parts of the city.... more then most cities.. and has the highest violent crime rate of any major us city

Minneapolis vs Miami (http://minneapolis.areaconnect.com/crime/compare.htm?c1=Minneapolis&s1=MN&c2=Miami&s2=FL)
we really arent much better.

ultravikingfan
03-14-2006, 08:13 AM
Wow, the rape statistics are staggering!

I would rather live here: http://minneapolis.areaconnect.com/crime/compare.htm?c1=Fargo&s1=ND&c2=minneapolis+&s2=MN

Gift
03-14-2006, 08:38 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Wow, the rape statistics are staggering!

I would rather live here: http://minneapolis.areaconnect.com/crime/compare.htm?c1=Fargo&s1=ND&c2=minneapolis+&s2=MN
with a winter home here (http://minneapolis.areaconnect.com/crime/compare.htm?c1=Honolulu&s1=HI&c2=Minneapolis&s2=MN) :razz:

on topic: hmm...nothing, sorry

KJ
03-14-2006, 09:31 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

great news, DC11 will stay a viking and all is water under the bridgeI think you need to stop denying the fact that he doesn't want to be a Viking any more. Even if he doesn't get traded, he still won't play another snap for this team. Get over it.