PDA

View Full Version : Trotters Taken!

VKG4LFE
07-14-2004, 02:06 PM
Good, now we can finally put his name to rest. He signed a one year deal with the Eagles, pending his physical. I was hoping we would go after him, but oh well. We're gonna be able to do it with the guys we already got!!

DoyleRulz84
07-14-2004, 02:57 PM
yea i also saw the news and i wish we could have signed him to a one year deal.

Big Daddy
07-14-2004, 03:22 PM
The one year deal is believed to be worth less than a million, I'm suprised it's that low!

vikings_fan66
07-14-2004, 04:30 PM
Man for that price he is a steal. I wish we would have went after him. I think he would have been a good fit for us. But that being said im confident our guys already there can get the job done.

vegasvike
07-14-2004, 05:13 PM
Well it would have been cool to have Trotter but hey I think our LBcorp is going to get the job done this year. They're young and hungry

PhillyVikes
07-14-2004, 06:00 PM
I live in Philly he is going back-up Mark Simoneau and signed for 750K. Good steal.

VikemanX84
07-14-2004, 06:03 PM
750k!!! Thats a freaking felony! We need a linebacker and we couldn't spare a million bucks for the best one in Free Agency. Thats even back-up money!

VKG4LFE
07-14-2004, 07:01 PM
For that kind of money, we definitely should have tried to get him. Oh well, he's old news now!

purplepat
07-15-2004, 10:54 AM
This is of course assuming he passes his physical. While that is a bottom dollar price for Trotter, if he is slated to be a backup then that is about all he is worth. The story I read yesterday said that scouts around the league think he has lost "a couple of steps". We saw what a disaster last season was with slower LBs (Biekert, injured Claiborne, Crockett). He would have been good insurance in the middle, but I'm not crying over the Eagles signing him.

Now y'all can start talking about how with the money we saved by not signing Trotter, we can sign Brock Lesnar.

ndakvikefan
07-16-2004, 04:21 PM
From what I have heard and read, it solds like he is a cancer to the locker room. That is exactly what the vikes don't need. I belive there must be some truth to that. Think about it, he is one of the better LB's in the league and nobody would touch him, and when he does get picked up it is by the team that originally cut him, the team taht already know his act and knows what to expect. On top of that he only gets 750K ??? There is more to this story than is being told.
It looks like to me anyway that the negatives of bringing him in, even if it was for 750K, far outway what good he could bring to the team, in the coaches eyes anyway.

casper
07-17-2004, 01:16 AM
purplepat said....Now y'all can start talking about how with the money we saved by not signing Trotter, we can sign Brock Lesnar now there is a great thought

ndakvikefan said That is exactly what the vikes don't need. I belive there must be some truth to that. Think about it, he is one of the better LB's in the league and nobody would touch him, and when he does get picked up it is by the team that originally cut him, the team that already know his act and knows what to expect. On top of that he only gets 750K ???

Maybe he is Gay hum that word you can't use so here we say pufta :scratch: the whole story is not being told here that is for sure.