PDA

View Full Version : Kluwe?

MinnesotaFury
03-13-2006, 06:48 AM
What do we have on Kluwe in terms of contract. he was great last year. just wondering if we will have him back this year and if so, maybe the next?

rdknieff
03-13-2006, 06:50 AM
not sure, but you would think we'd keep him.

i_bleed_purple
03-13-2006, 06:51 AM
i know as a fact he's under contract for next year, but as long as he does as well next year as he did this year i think he'll be with us for a long time. plus he's a rookie so odds are he'll get even better.

MinnesotaFury
03-13-2006, 06:52 AM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

i know as a fact he's under contract for next year, but as long as he does as well next year as he did this year i think he'll be with us for a long time. plus he's a rookie so odds are he'll get even better.

yes but i thought the same thing with berger. he left at the peak of his game. but at least he failed miserably after leaving minny

HornedHat
03-13-2006, 06:55 AM
Kluwe is certainly a keeper, but he was hurt last year as well. I believe he is fine now. What is it with the Vikes and injured kickers?

MinnesotaFury
03-13-2006, 06:57 AM
lol, well if longwell gets hurt we can always pull Gary out of his wheelchair.

rdknieff
03-13-2006, 06:58 AM
"MinnesotaFury" wrote:

lol, well if longwell gets hurt we can always pull Gary out of his wheelchair.

or maybe morten?

adamv
03-13-2006, 07:06 AM
I vote for Fuad Reveiz...the only kicker i've seen get two unnecessary roughness calls

HornedHat
03-13-2006, 07:09 AM
Yes. My all time favorite Viking Kicker. He loved to mix it up!

gregair13
03-13-2006, 07:59 AM
hows kluwe's knee btw?

olson_10
03-13-2006, 08:00 AM
punters can recover from that kind of injury, no reason to be concerned on our parts

PurplePride80
03-13-2006, 08:11 AM
"gregair13" wrote:

hows kluwe's knee btw?

From what I've heard Kluwe is having a great recovery and he'll be ready for the 2006 season.

PurplePride80
03-13-2006, 08:14 AM
Vikings: Kluwe certain he'll be healthy by summer
Doctors have assured Vikings punter Chris Kluwe he should be ready to resume kicking by training camp this summer, Kluwe said Wednesday.
Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune

Last update: February 08, 2006 – 11:36 PM
Printer friendly E-mail this storyE-mail this story

Vikings

A shopping spree for the Purple

Vikings hold on to Koren Robinson

Vikings remove transition tag on Brian Williams

Wilf: Culpepper deal not imminent

NFL players on bubble as they wait for salary cap figures
Doctors have assured Vikings punter Chris Kluwe he should be ready to resume kicking by training camp this summer, Kluwe said Wednesday.

Kluwe said he had surgery Jan. 31 to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. Dr. James Jackson of Long Beach, Calif., repaired the injury and projected a recovery time of less than six months.

"They said I'll definitely be ready by camp, if not sooner," Kluwe said. "It was a pretty clean tear. I've already started the rehabilitation."

As a rookie, Kluwe finished sixth in the NFL with a 44.1-yard gross punting average. He was hurt Dec. 4 against Detroit, missed a game, and then returned for the final three games. The Vikings did not reveal the extent of the injury until after the season.

Etc.

• It appears unlikely the Vikings will pursue tampering charges against former coach Mike Tice, who told a Jacksonville radio station last week that he had spoken to one of the Vikings' pending free agents about signing with the Jaguars.

No pending free agent can speak with another team until the new league year begins March 3. The Jaguars hired Tice last week as assistant head coach/offense.

• Childress and his staff are off this week but will return Monday to prepare for the annual scouting combine beginning Feb. 22.

Benet
03-13-2006, 10:53 AM
"adamv" wrote:

I vote for Fuad Reveiz...the only kicker i've seen get two unnecessary roughness calls

LEGEND.

I don't think any other word quite does him justice.

hawaiianvike21
03-13-2006, 11:14 AM
ah he'll be aight.

Man kluwe can sure punt. :shock: From the only game i went to in person this past year, i seen at least two of kluwes punts almost touch the top of the dome, the punt was really high and just hung in the year.

Hopefully this knee injury wont limit him this year. First time in awhile the vikes actually have someone that can punt. :lol:

PackSux!
03-13-2006, 11:21 AM
"Benet" wrote:

"adamv" wrote:

LEGEND.

I don't think any other word quite does him justice.

Fuad was the man, but berger laid some nice hits on returners also, but no unnecessary roughness calls that i remember.

Benet
03-13-2006, 11:31 AM
"PackSux!" wrote:

Fuad was the man, but berger laid some nice hits on returners also, but no unnecessary roughness calls that i remember.

True.. But it's just the idea of a Punter getting Unecessary Roughness calls that makes me laugh. Quite possibly the smallest guy on the team (unless it's Todd Sauerbrun) getting so pumped up that he lays a HUGE hit on a guy after the play has ended that the zebras have to call it.

PackSux!
03-13-2006, 11:35 AM
"Benet" wrote:

"PackSux!" wrote:

True.. But it's just the idea of a Punter getting Unecessary Roughness calls that makes me laugh. Quite possibly the smallest guy on the team (unless it's Todd Sauerbrun) getting so pumped up that he lays a HUGE hit on a guy after the play has ended that the zebras have to call it.

yea them were the days. Comedy at its best.

singersp
03-13-2006, 01:18 PM
"PurplePride80" wrote:

"gregair13" wrote:

hows kluwe's knee btw?

From what I've heard Kluwe is having a great recovery and he'll be ready for the 2006 season.

Not necessarily;

"Briefly: With Chris Kluwe recovering from a torn anterior cruciate ligament, the Vikings could be interested in adding a veteran punter. One possibility is Jason Baker, who worked with new Vikings special-teams coach Paul Ferraro last season in North Carolina, with the Panthers."

Lots of options in free agency (http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/14034697.htm)

thepacksux
03-14-2006, 05:45 AM
they better resign him, its not like he would be expensive. a first year player coming off a knee injury and all

DaunteHOF
03-14-2006, 05:55 AM
i hope he comes back

magicci
03-14-2006, 06:05 AM
Kluwe was the best player on our team for the first half of the season he better be back!!!

PurplePeopleEaters
03-14-2006, 06:05 AM
We had better get him back. He is amazing. Future pro-bowler for sure.

The crazy thing is that he punted a whole game with a TORN ACL. WTF IS THAT. :shock: He didn't even realize that he had torn his ACL the week before until AFTER the game?? wow.

ThorSPL
03-14-2006, 06:54 AM
For a rookie, you gotta get that guy credit...

Keep him, sign him long term.... shit, he's a punter, what the hell can that cost??? Lock him up for 5-6 yrs at a decent price. Give him incentives or something to entice him.... average yds per punt, net per punt, etc.

eclipse_2303
03-14-2006, 07:10 AM
If Longwell gets injured we can biologically combine Gary & Morten Andersons leg strength...therefore giving us the ability to kick a 30 yard field goal.

Big C
03-14-2006, 07:41 AM
I'm pretty sure that Kluwe signed a 4 year rookie contract at the league minimum last year. And to think we signed this kid after seeing punt in the seahawks pre-season game!! He was cut by the seahawks soon after.

Benet
03-14-2006, 12:35 PM
"Big C" wrote:

I'm pretty sure that Kluwe signed a 4 year rookie contract at the league minimum last year. And to think we signed this kid after seeing punt in the seahawks pre-season game!! He was cut by the seahawks soon after.

You gotta believe the Seahawks are hating us now.. We get a quality punter they're too stupid to keep and now we get their best OG!

I do hope Kluwe is back punting in training camp, as already said here he was our best player in the first 5 games!

singersp
03-14-2006, 01:01 PM
"ThorSPL" wrote:

For a rookie, you gotta get that guy credit...

Keep him, sign him long term.... pooh, he's a punter, what the hell can that cost??? Lock him up for 5-6 yrs at a decent price. Give him incentives or something to entice him.... average yds per punt, net per punt, etc.

I'd wait to see how he punts after recovering from the injury.