PDA

View Full Version : Craig Ponozzo 1976-2006

kramer9guy
03-13-2006, 04:58 AM
Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you all know that the greatest Vikings fan that I ever knew died unexpectedly last week on March 3rd 2006.

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/5098/cwp013lr.jpg

My younger brother Craig died in a snowmobile accident on his property in Upper Michigan. He was 29 years old and left behind a 9 year old daughter and a large grief stricken family. He was a great Father, a wonderful brother and a kind man.

I just wanted to publicly say how much I loved the guy and wanted to let you all know what a huge Viking fan he was (the above picture was taken by me as we watched the Vikings/Steelers game on TV last December...he's holding my son/his nephew). We buried him with one of his Viking hats resting on his chest. I just flew back from Michigan today and can't tell you how much it hurts that he is gone forever. He will be greatly missed by many.

I love you Craig.

cajunvike
03-13-2006, 05:05 AM
My heart goes out to you, man. Tonight, my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family and I know that you all will rally around his young daughter. May God shine down on your family in this hour of grief. I am sure that I can safely say that all of us here on the board feel for you. Give our best to your family.

VikesfaninWis
03-13-2006, 05:06 AM
Ah man, sorry to hear about your loss.. It has brought a tear to my eye reading this story.. I feel for you, and your family during this trying time.. Be strong, and please know that your brother is in a better place now and pain free.. May God Speed.....

vikeswin2005
03-13-2006, 05:07 AM
God bless your famly in this time of grief

ultravikingfan
03-13-2006, 05:10 AM
I am sorry to hear the K9G. That is such an aweful thing for somebody to pass on at such a young age.

I will say a prayer for your brother, your family, and you tonight.

If he is the biggest Vikings fan you know...thats gotta be beyond many members comprehension here since you are one of the biggest Vikings fan on this site.

FedjeViking
03-13-2006, 05:16 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss K9G. You and your family will be in my prayers tonight.

PurplePeopleEaters
03-13-2006, 05:20 AM
Man... That is horrible. I don't know what it's really like to have a loss like that so to say I know what you mean would be a lie. I'm so sorry. My prayers go out to you and your family. I'm sure he will be watching our super bowl season next year from a better place.

6-KINGS
03-13-2006, 05:26 AM
Sorry to hear this tragic news.
God Bless you and your family.
Take comfort and shelter in God.

Mr. Purple
03-13-2006, 05:29 AM
Hes in a better place man...a much better place. God bless him and his family, keep ya head up man.

Muggsy
03-13-2006, 05:33 AM
May he dwell in Valhalla forever, and may light perpetual shine upon him.

Think good and happy thoughts about him, for your thoughts go to him in the other life, where he is happy and suffers no more.

May you and your family find peace and strength through the grace of God.

jellovike
03-13-2006, 06:06 AM
I am very sorry for your loss. Thats got to be hard but he is in a better place now.

You and your family will be in my prayers and may God provide you and your family with the strength to get through this difficult time.

Mikecarter81
03-13-2006, 06:30 AM
God speed to your family. You'll be in my prayers :(

Mike

PurplePumpkin
03-13-2006, 06:48 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

My heart goes out to you, man. Tonight, my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family and I know that you all will rally around his young daughter. May God shine down on your family in this hour of grief. I am sure that I can safely say that all of us here on the board feel for you. Give our best to your family.

Well said Cajun...God Bless kramer9guy

whackthepack
03-13-2006, 06:20 PM
Kramer 9 Guy I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your brother! It is a shame when ever a good person is taken so early in life from a loving family, my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your entire family! I know at times like these it is hard to see ahead, and remembering him will be painful for along time, but down the road when you remember him it will bring and your family joy instead of the pain you are feeling now!

Take care of your-self and rely on your family to help you through this very difficult time!

Prophet
03-13-2006, 06:23 PM
Really sorry to hear about that. My condolences. You and your family will be in my prayers.

V4L
03-13-2006, 06:27 PM
Such a sad deal when someone passes so early.

Hope everything ends out smooth for your family

Rip Craig.. A true Vikes fan and a good guy

shockzilla
03-13-2006, 06:29 PM
Kramer9guy:

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. I'm sure the pain is doubly so because you lost him before he had a chance to grow old, watch his daughter grow up and share so many more memories with her, your family and others.

Take heart in the fact that God loves you and that your brethren here will always be around to support you and your family in this time of great sorrow.

God bless you and your family, and may His light shine upon you in your hour of darkness.

It was really wonderful of you to share this terrible news with us, and we will be here for you.

Take care,

Shock

snowinapril
03-13-2006, 06:31 PM
Sorry Kramer9guy! Glad someone pulled this thread back up, I totally missed it last night when I was online.

It is times like this that are tough but also give each of us a sense of how important family (and friends) really is. We realize that we should talk to them more often. We realize that we are probably more self absorbed than we should be and sometimes busier than we should be. Your willingness to share in this time of sorrow is a benefit to us all. It adds a perspective to our lives that might not have been there if you hadn't posted. That perspective is that it can happen to all of us.

Take Care Kramer9guy!! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

DCPologirl
03-13-2006, 06:34 PM
My prayers are with you I am so sorry for your loss.

kramer9guy
03-14-2006, 02:19 AM
I just wanted to thank everyone for the kind words that have been posted here. It truly does mean a lot to me.

Thank you.

KWILL93
03-14-2006, 04:32 AM
Hey man sorry to hear about your loss, even though I am not on here as much as I would like Reading this stuff really makes you appreciate even the little things in life.

vegasvike
03-14-2006, 04:35 AM
Sorry to hear about that. God bless

VikingMike
03-14-2006, 02:45 PM
I am very sorry for your loss. My prayers to you and your family.