PDA

View Full Version : hutchinson could accept deal tomarrow

Pages : [1] 2

purplepride818
03-12-2006, 10:49 AM
Seahawks All-Pro guard Steve Hutchinson arrived in Minneapolis Saturday night and is expected to meet with team officials Sunday. If the progress of their talks are as productive of those of the three Saturday signees, it wouldn't be surprising to hear an announcement of an agreement Sunday afternoon.

However, there is one caveat. Hutchinson was slapped with the transitional free agent tag by Seattle. Unlike a franchise tag, which requires two first-round draft picks as compensation, the transition tag doesn't get draft compensation, it gives the player's current team seven days to match an offer. Unless the Seahawks come out publicly and say they won't match an offer, they would have until next Sunday to make a decision.

However, if the Vikings move as quickly with Hutchinson as they have built a fledgling M.O. of doing with other free agents, the Seahawks could be on the clock sooner than later.

hell yeah i cant wait he would be a huge benefit for the running game with taylor on board

gregair13
03-12-2006, 10:51 AM
sounds good to me. pretty much everyone here wants him on our team. so wilf, get that deal signed!

purplepride818
03-12-2006, 10:56 AM
i guess the deal could be for 7 mil a year which would make him the highest paid OL and seattle couldnt match that offer

adamv
03-12-2006, 11:02 AM
i wonder if we could front load the contract as in paying him a very large base pay in year one to offset a much smaller yearly rate in later years. This would drive seattle out of bargaining and the contract wouldn't have to be excessive. Any caps expert that can shed some light on this?

purplepride818
03-12-2006, 11:12 AM
Salaries are broken into three parts -- signing bonus prorations, base salaries and incentives, including roster and reporting bonuses.

A signing bonus is prorated or averaged over the length of the contract. For example, a $4 million signing bonus on a four-year contract counts as $1 million in each year of the cap. If a player has a $4 million signing bonus on a four-year deal that has a $440,000 base salary and a $250,000 roster bonus, his cap number for the year is $1.69 million.

so if they give him a big signing bonus it will be spread out over the course of his contract and his base salary could be backloaded or frontloaded depending on the cap in the coming years

VikingsTw
03-12-2006, 11:16 AM
"adamv" wrote:

i wonder if we could front load the contract as in paying him a very large base pay in year one to offset a much smaller yearly rate in later years. This would drive seattle out of bargaining and the contract wouldn't have to be excessive. Any caps expert that can shed some light on this?

Exactly! Like we did Winfields contract, front load it so seattle has a hard time matching it this year but the years following it will be lowered because of the base salary the first year. I've thought of this. One way or the other i think we will find a way to steal him.

One question, if seattle matches offer can we match theres, intill somebody wins?

olson_10
03-12-2006, 11:16 AM
he is ours guys..seattle wont be able to match our offer..they need to replace the receiver and safety they lost, and they already gave a ton of cash to alexander..they wont match it..il guarentee he ends up with us!

olson_10
03-12-2006, 11:18 AM
"vikingstw" wrote:

"adamv" wrote:

Exactly! Like we did Winfields contract, front load it so seattle has a hard time matching it this year but the years following it will be lowered because of the base salary the first year. I've thought of this. One way or the other i think we will find a way to steal him.

One question, if seattle matches offer can we match theres, intill somebody wins?
i think when they match the offer, its final, and they get him for whatever we offered..wont happen though

olson_10
03-12-2006, 11:20 AM
"purplepride818" wrote:

i guess the deal could be for 7 mil a year which would make him the highest paid OL and seattle couldnt match that offer
sounds good to me..wilf did say he wanted us to spend all the way to the cap..signing him for 7 a year would still leave us a ton of cash for burleson, a safety, and another linebacker

purplepride818
03-12-2006, 11:31 AM
what does everyone think of lawyer milloy? its a long shot but hes a pretty good veteran safety

olson_10
03-12-2006, 11:53 AM
we are already bringing in dexter jackson and will demps..i can bet one of the two wont be leaving when monday comes around

Benet
03-12-2006, 12:55 PM
I haven't read this anywhere else but apparently the Eagles are interested in Hutchinson too:

The Eagles were believed to have an interest in Bentley, but now they might turn their attention to Steve Hutchinson, the All-Pro guard in Seattle who has a transition tag. Of course, Bentley's new deal could set the bar for Hutchinson's next contract.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9300346

I'd be steaming if Hutchinson chose the Eagles over us, especially as they have $20 million plus in Cap Room after they were credited for millions of dollar's worth of Likely-To-Be-Earned Incentives were NOT earned last year. If Bentley's new deal sets the bar for any offer for Hutchinson, and he leaves the TC's without signing an offer sheet, I could see a worrying auction for his services.

[Edit] Just noticed this article is kinda old.. Well, 1 day anyway! Kirwan notes what Chester Taylor will be worth on the open market after DeShaun Foster signed a deal with the Panthers. So the comments regarding Hutchinson might be outdated as well.

Mikecarter81
03-12-2006, 02:15 PM
WEll simple we need to offer him more then what Seattle is willing to pay him. I thought we did this a few years back with Paul Edinger from Chicago who waited all seven days to match the offer.

Mike

sleepagent
03-12-2006, 02:17 PM
If Hutchinson were to leave a quality team like Seattle, it's got to be for the money. They were in the Super Bowl last year and have the talent to be a top team for a few more years (unless the pieces start to walk)

If Wilfy want's him, he's gonna have to open the checkbook!

skum
03-12-2006, 02:20 PM
I would ask him, how much then he says xxx dollars and then there u go.. sign! - we need this guy

NordicNed
03-12-2006, 02:22 PM
He deserves to be the highest payed lineman in the league...

You'de be getting the best....Period..

Now lets see how serious Wilf is about opening his wallet, and if Childress was serious about taking care of the O line.....

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some good news on Hutch today......With him alone added to our current O line roster, it would put a hole new light on our O line.....and with Birk back...Dam, I wish I could run behind that line....

Prophet
03-12-2006, 02:23 PM
Man, this would be my favorite signing of the FA so far.

mackd10
03-12-2006, 02:25 PM
Why not Draft that kid out of Georgia with the 17th pick ( Maz Jean- Gilles), and get Brees and one of those LB's Peterson or Lavar for the same amount of money that we have to give up to get Hutchinson.

Benet
03-12-2006, 02:34 PM
Foley has said the chances of a Press Conference today are "slim", but we can only hope we hear of a "monster" offer for Hutchinson that will price the Seahawks out of the running..

That would be one of the signings of ANY team in Free Agency, even more so for us because LeCharles Bentley wanted to play Center, and we don't need another one.

skum
03-12-2006, 02:37 PM
"mackd10" wrote:

Why not Draft that kid out of Georgia with the 17th pick ( Maz Jean- Gilles), and get Brees and one of those LB's Peterson or Lavar for the same amount of money that we have to give up to get Hutchinson.

I tell you one thing i absolute love that kid, but if we can get Hutch we shoudnt hezitate?!(spelling might be wrong).

If Gilles falls to us in the second round we should have a look at him.

mackd10
03-12-2006, 02:38 PM
Max...sorry

singersp
03-12-2006, 03:11 PM
Hutchinson Next?

By Viking Update Staff
Date: Mar 12, 2006

After a flurry of early signings by the Vikings, the team looks prepared to an All-Pro to the team...or at least make him an offer the Seahawks may want to refuse.

The new-look Vikings, as expected, opened free agency with the same swiftness that they fired Mike Tice and his assistant coaches and filled the open positions within days of the new regime becoming available to speak to.

The Vikings re-signed WR Koren Robinson as well as free agent kicker Ryan Longwell, LB Ben Leber and RB Chester Taylor in a 24-hour period. The next stop may take a little longer.

Seahawks All-Pro guard Steve Hutchinson arrived in Minneapolis Saturday night and is expected to meet with team officials Sunday. If the progress of their talks are as productive of those of the three Saturday signees, it wouldn't be surprising to hear an announcement of an agreement Sunday afternoon.

However, there is one caveat. Hutchinson was slapped with the transitional free agent tag by Seattle. Unlike a franchise tag, which requires two first-round draft picks as compensation, the transition tag doesn't get draft compensation, it gives the player's current team seven days to match an offer. Unless the Seahawks come out publicly and say they won't match an offer, they would have until next Sunday to make a decision.

However, if the Vikings move as quickly with Hutchinson as they have built a fledgling M.O. of doing with other free agents, the Seahawks could be on the clock sooner than later.

SUNDAY NOTES:

* There was some speculation that the Vikings would take a run at Panthers LB Will Witherspoon, but it sounds like he will have a deal done as early as today. He met with the Rams Saturday and has a meeting scheduled with the Saints today.

* A pair of safeties are expected to visit the Vikings Monday -- Dexter Jackson, who played with defensive coordinator with the Buccaneers, and Will Demps of the Ravens.

* The figures for the four Vikings signings are out. Robinson got a deal that is three years for $12.7 million, with $5.5 million of that guaranteed. There are several clauses in the contract that would protect the Vikings if K-Rob has anymore substance-related problems.

Leber got the biggest deal -- five years, $20 million with a $4 million signing bonus. Taylor's deal is four years for $14 million, with $5.6 million of that guaranteed.

The Vikings won a bidding war for Longwell by offering five years for $10 million, with $3 million of that in the form of a signing bonus.

* The Vikings lost of a couple of players Saturday to contracts it is extremely unlikely the team would have matched. Mike Tice must have had some sway on how good Brian Williams is because the Jags gave him six years for $34 million with a whopping $10 million signing bonus.

Chavous, who the Vikings coaches believed had lost a step and was in risk of losing his starting job even if he came back, signed a five-year deal with the Rams worth up to $16 million -- with $4 million up front. Their agents earned their money and did a great selling job.

* The word coming out of Washington D.C. is the Vikings are looking to put the old Redskins band back together. With Daunte Culpepper almost certainly out of the plans, two names that have surfaced as candidates to back up Brad Johnson are Gus Frerotte and Patrick Ramsey.

All three of those quarterbacks once played for the Redskins and the pick the Vikings got when they traded Johnson to Washington was used to select Culpepper.

Hutchinson Next? (http://vikings.scout.com/2/507831.html)

mackd10
03-12-2006, 03:18 PM
Good post thanks

singersp
03-12-2006, 03:31 PM
Taking into consideration Childress' comments on how important the lines are in football, I'm anticipating them to make Hutchinson one hell of an offer.

Prophet
03-12-2006, 03:49 PM
Looks good to me. Frerotte or Ramsey would work for backups. The long-term QB issue is important, but can wait if need be.

ejmat
03-12-2006, 04:13 PM
With an OL Patrick Ramsey can turn into a long term solution at QB. The guy has a rocket for an arm but spent his whole career so far running for his life. He wouldn't be a bad pick up.

That being said, I'm not saying I want him as the starter just yet. I'm saying he has the potential of being a very good QB. With protection and mentoring the guy can be pretty good.

Hawgski
03-12-2006, 04:22 PM
It is always a breath of fresh air to come to this board in comparison to the KFAN board. I truly believe that they base all of their knowledge on how these players grade out on Madden.

I do believe we will make a "live at five" offer to Hutchinson. We are building a team. Not a 3 ring circus. Get the best team players, follow the blueprint of NE and PITT. You never saw them sign, "the marquee FA".

Skol Vikes!

JDante
03-12-2006, 04:28 PM
BENTLEY IS A BROWN, HUTCHINSON IT IS...

Hawgski
03-12-2006, 04:32 PM
I love the TOA...

Coach Brad Childress, with vice presidents Kevin Warren, Rob Brzezinski and Fran Foley standing nearby, proudly introduced the three newest Viking players, noting their common traits.
"They're good players, first of all, or they wouldn't be standing up here, but they're good people, and that's going to be important as we go along here," Childress said. "We know exactly what we're getting from a character standpoint. Good players that are good people have a chance to win a lot of games."

(from the Pioneer Press)

CrazyVikingsFan
03-12-2006, 04:36 PM
NE dynesty here we come!!

mr.woo
03-12-2006, 04:40 PM
i hope we sign him so quick seattle wont now until its too late.

JTSnow
03-12-2006, 04:55 PM
"mr.woo" wrote:

i hope we sign him so quick seattle wont now until its too late.

if we sign him they will know, we just need to offer him so much money that seattle wont be able to match it.

VikesfaninWis
03-12-2006, 05:42 PM
With Seattle just resigning Alexander for that much money, if the Vikes sign Hutch to an offer sheet for mulitple years, I can't see how Seattle would be able to match it. I hope that we get Hutch, that right there would vastly improve our line. McKinney, Birk, Hutchinson, and whoever else we add or stick in there, possibly Fonoti.. That would be one hell of a big line.

JTSnow
03-12-2006, 05:44 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

With Seattle just resigning Alexander for that much money, if the Vikes sign Hutch to an offer sheet for mulitple years, I can't see how Seattle would be able to match it. I hope that we get Hutch, that right there would vastly improve our line. McKinney, Birk, Hutchinson, and whoever else we add or stick in there, possibly Fonoti.. That would be one hell of a big line.

Agreed, does anyone know how much Seattle has on there salary cap?

vikeswin2005
03-12-2006, 05:45 PM
i hope we get it done tomorrow

SharperVikings
03-12-2006, 05:51 PM
"JTSnow" wrote:

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

Seattle Seahawks have $17.3 million......

JTSnow
03-12-2006, 05:54 PM
"SharperVikings" wrote:

"JTSnow" wrote:

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

Seattle Seahawks have $17.3 million......

wow then shouldnt they have enough to match what we offer then?

SharperVikings
03-12-2006, 05:55 PM
yeah they should have enough money to match...thats what sux!

PAvikesfan
03-12-2006, 06:00 PM
open the checkbook and get the guy! what about runyan...any word on him yet for a visit?

SharperVikings
03-12-2006, 06:05 PM
If we can't get this deal done...there are a few people that I would like to go after..

First off, Kyle Kosier from the detriot kitties...he has been switched from tackle to guard there in detroit, he plays better at guard but they keep switching him...he's young and could be a very solid player for us..and come cheap!

Secondly, regardless of hutch's situation...we should sign Trey Teague from the bills..initially played guard but was switched to center and could be great depth at the line or even a starter!

Lastly, let's take another ex packer and go for Kevin Barry. He's a very young, underrated player whom they use in their power running situation as a tight end.. He can play either guard or tackle, and again would be great depth to the line!

Regardless of what happens with Hutchinson, after seeing the line dilemas last year, we need to get some depth back..With Seattle's cap situation, it looks like they could match any offer we make for Hutchinson...and why wouldnt they? All in all, we need to upgrade at the line.....and I just hope we can snatch away Hutchinson!

cajunvike
03-12-2006, 06:38 PM
"SharperVikings" wrote:

If we can't get this deal done...there are a few people that I would like to go after..

First off, Kyle Kosier from the detriot kitties...he has been switched from tackle to guard there in detroit, he plays better at guard but they keep switching him...he's young and could be a very solid player for us..and come cheap!

Secondly, regardless of hutch's situation...we should sign Trey Teague from the bills..initially played guard but was switched to center and could be great depth at the line or even a starter!

Lastly, let's take another ex packer and go for Kevin Barry. He's a very young, underrated player whom they use in their power running situation as a tight end.. He can play either guard or tackle, and again would be great depth to the line!

Regardless of what happens with Hutchinson, after seeing the line dilemas last year, we need to get some depth back..With Seattle's cap situation, it looks like they could match any offer we make for Hutchinson...and why wouldnt they? All in all, we need to upgrade at the line.....and I just hope we can snatch away Hutchinson!

Wake up dude!!! Kosier signed with the Cowgirls YESTERDAY!!!

And that major faux pas taints the rest of your comments and renders them null and void! Check your sources next time.

SWAYZE74
03-12-2006, 06:43 PM
"PAvikesfan" wrote:

open the checkbook and get the guy! what about runyan...any word on him yet for a visit?

i was thinkin the same thing? any word on runyan? i havent found anything online about a visit or such....

peace...

slimerg0d
03-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Do we overpay to get him or is there others out there? I am asking because I don't know. Can we get a couple of good O'line for the price of him?

Peace.

Ltrey33
03-12-2006, 06:44 PM
*crosses fingers* PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

"slimerg0d" wrote:

Do we overpay to get him or is there others out there? I am asking because I don't know. Can we get a couple of good O'line for the price of him?

Peace.

He's pretty much the one guy still out there that would make a huge impact. He's worth overpaying, IMO.

jellovike
03-12-2006, 06:45 PM
Yeah i agree Runyan would be a good pickup.

slimerg0d
03-12-2006, 06:48 PM
"ltrey33" wrote:

"slimerg0d" wrote:

Peace.

He's pretty much the one guy still out there that would make a huge impact. He's worth overpaying, IMO.

ltrey33, I love your sig! I shall need to get one, did you do it with photoshop?

It sounds like when we get someone to come in to town, we get the guy. I have a feeling that we get hutch. I just hope we have some ching to get other players as well that are needed but we do have the draft coming up as well.

Peace.

VikesfaninWis
03-12-2006, 07:01 PM
"slimerg0d" wrote:

"ltrey33" wrote:

"slimerg0d" wrote:

Peace.

ltrey33, I love your sig! I shall need to get one, did you do it with photoshop?

It sounds like when we get someone to come in to town, we get the guy. I have a feeling that we get hutch. I just hope we have some ching to get other players as well that are needed but we do have the draft coming up as well.

Peace.

Oh, we got the Ching. We are second in the NFL in cap space. How did the cheese get ahead of us anyways :?: Hopefully we sign Hutch to a awesome offer sheet that the Hawks can't match, or don't want to match. I have a feeling that it will have to be for atleast 5 years and 6-7 mil a year in order for the Hawks to shy away..

VikesfaninWis
03-12-2006, 07:03 PM
"vikeswin2005" wrote:

i hope we get it done tomorrow

Today man, today. He flew in to the Twin Cities last night (saturday) and is meeting with the Vikes today (sunday) so a deal could be reached by this afternoon :grin:

V4L
03-12-2006, 07:07 PM
HUTCH!!!!

We really need this guy.. I would actually be happy with the offseason if we got this stud

Benet
03-12-2006, 07:30 PM
Runyan's old and determined to stay with the Eagles, that much has been said dozens of times over the off-season so far. Plus, we have a guy who looks to be a decent Right Tackle anyway and is a decade younger: Marcus Johnson.

V4L
03-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Hutch would seriously make our line amazing to me..

With McKinnie, Birk, and him all possibly probowlers next year IMO..

vikings11_27
03-12-2006, 07:36 PM
it would be the next seatle oline- great left side, decent ride side

slimerg0d
03-12-2006, 07:36 PM
I seen on another board that on sirius they said that a deal was almost done, has anyone else heard this?

singersp
03-12-2006, 08:13 PM
ESPN reported Vikings are working on their offer sheet for Hutch!

Seattle has 7 days to match it.

Although he is a guard, the offer would be more in the lines of what an offensive tackle would get.

olson_10
03-12-2006, 08:20 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

Man, this would be my favorite signing of the FA so far.
BY FAR!!

olson_10
03-12-2006, 08:22 PM
"slimerg0d" wrote:

"ltrey33" wrote:

"slimerg0d" wrote:

Peace.

Peace.
we will have plenty of money left over to sign another QB, and we will almost surely have a safety signed by tomorrow..good point on the draft, i think that is something that some people have overlooked ..we can really get some talent from there this year as well

singersp
03-12-2006, 08:28 PM
Once again;

ESPN reported Vikings are working on their offer sheet for Hutch!

Seattle has 7 days to match it.

Although he is a guard, the offer would be more in the lines of what an offensive tackle would get.

olson_10
03-12-2006, 08:30 PM
thats a very good thing for us because tackles are paid significantly more money..7 a year would basically make him ours

V4L
03-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Good news.. This will shore up our line hardcore

singersp
03-12-2006, 08:49 PM
"olson_10" wrote:

thats a very good thing for us because tackles are paid significantly more money..7 a year would basically make him ours

They said a top Oline tackle gets around $6 mil, so I imagine the offer is in line with that.

PurpleRide
03-12-2006, 08:55 PM
According to the strib, the vikings probably won't anounce anything today(sunday march 12th) for respect of the twins having the kirby puckett tribute. So look for anything to come on monday

pennccil
03-12-2006, 10:24 PM
A league source tells us that the Minnesota Vikings have signed Seahawks guard Steve Hutchinson to a "monster" offer sheet.

The Seahawks placed the transition tag on Hutchinson, giving them the right to match any offers made by another team. They'll have seven days to decide. If they choose not to match, they receive no compensation.

www.profootballtalk.com is reporting it idk if sum1 posted yet

NordicNed
03-12-2006, 10:24 PM
I'de think to take him from the Seahawks, we are going to have to offer him at least a contract worth 7 mil a year....Loaded with some guarenteed money up front....And probably around 5 to 6 years......

Worth every cent of it........

V4L
03-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Is this source credable?

I haven't seen it anywhere else yet

snowinapril
03-12-2006, 10:28 PM
HUTCHINSON SIGNS "MONSTER" OFFER

A league source tells us that the Minnesota Vikings have signed Seahawks guard Steve Hutchinson to a "monster" offer sheet.

The Seahawks placed the transition tag on Hutchinson, giving them the right to match any offers made by another team. They'll have seven days to decide. If they choose not to match, they receive no compensation.

Our guess is that the Vikings crafted an offer aimed at dissuading the Seahawks from matching, perhaps with a huge 2006 roster bonus due a day or two after the deal is signed.

If Hutchinson lands in Minnesota, he'll land between perennial Pro Bowler Matt Birk and budding Pro Bowler Bryant McKinnie.

mnjamie
03-12-2006, 10:28 PM
POSTED 3:20 p.m. EST; UPDATED 3:25 p.m. EST, March 12, 2006

HUTCHINSON SIGNS "MONSTER" OFFER SHEET IN MINNY

Our guess is that the Vikings crafted an offer aimed at dissuading the Seahawks from matching, perhaps with a huge 2006 roster bonus due a day or two after the deal is signed.

If Hutchinson lands in Minnesota, he'll land between perennial Pro Bowler Matt Birk and budding Pro Bowler Bryant McKinnie.

Here's the entire article pennccil tried to post.

Ltrey33
03-12-2006, 10:29 PM
I think I've seen some stuff from them before...not 100% sure though. I hope they're right! He'd be worth it.

mnjamie
03-12-2006, 10:29 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Is this source credable?

Very crediable. They broke the Childress and Tomlin news before anyone else. If they say it, it's true.

pumapride77
03-12-2006, 10:30 PM
YESSS I really hope they don't match it!

V4L
If it isn't true it will be happening soon anyway

NordicNed
Sometimes their dead on, sometimes way off course....Seems they do have some inside info at times though...

Lets just hope DEAD ON this time

NordicNed
03-12-2006, 10:31 PM
funny, I was just thinking about this a minute ago and posted a comment on the other Hutchinson Thread......I wasn't to far off with my guess, money wise that is...

jhirchak1
03-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Can anybody find anything else on this? I'm turning up nothing. Most times kffl will be the first to post something. I sincerely hope it's true!!! Since we can't get Edge now, that would be our biggest FA signing

mnjamie
03-12-2006, 10:33 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

Sometimes their dead on, sometimes way off course....Seems they do have some inside info at times though...

Lets just hope DEAD ON this time

Personally Ned, I have never seen them post something that was incorrect when they say it's per a league source ... but that's just me.

PurplePackerEater
03-12-2006, 10:33 PM
:hello1:

vikeswin2005
03-12-2006, 10:34 PM
what are the terms?

vikings11_27
03-12-2006, 10:35 PM
how credibel is this, cause if it is fake, im gonna be super pissed

Benet
03-12-2006, 10:36 PM
I love Profootballtalk.. I really, really do. When they're reporting information from their "inside" or "league" sources, odds are they're bang on target and get the news out hours before the major services.

It's only when Florio, whose commentaries I do enjoy, spouts his personal opinions that the site goes way off base. That man does talk some utter trash sometimes, but hey, he's entertaining and the Podcasts with him and Daunte are a very interesting.

What excites me is this line:

Can anyone say (Chester's number) Power-Left? :wink:

mnjamie
03-12-2006, 10:39 PM
"vikings11_27" wrote:

how credibel is this, cause if it is fake, im gonna be super pissed

Read above ......

NordicNed
03-12-2006, 10:41 PM
30 MILL. for 4 years........I'm sure it's loaded with some guarented money also.....Seattle will have a tough time matching this....

Benet
03-12-2006, 10:42 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

30 MILL. for 4 years........I'm sure it's loaded with some guarented money also.....Seattle will have a tough time matching this....

Isn't that what they reported Edge signed in Arizona?

vikeswin2005
03-12-2006, 10:44 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

yeah that is for james

COJOMAY
03-12-2006, 10:48 PM
I don't think the Seabirds have that much room on cap do they?

aceclown
03-12-2006, 10:49 PM
"vikeswin2005" wrote:

what are the terms?

We wont know that for a little while.

MensaTice
03-12-2006, 10:50 PM
If true this is exactly what they need to do. Like I said last night if there is one guy to overpay it woulod be him. Make sure there is no way they match it. I hope to god its true.

Now lets think about our O-Line. McKinney, Healthy Birk, and Hutch. I don't care who the other two guys are because that is one hell of a core group to build around.

vikinggreg
03-12-2006, 10:51 PM
I wonder if Daunte wants to stay now :razz:

aceclown
03-12-2006, 10:54 PM
"vikinggreg" wrote:

I wonder if Daunte wants to stay now :razz:

Maybe if Seattle doesnt match the offer, but I doubt signing 1 guy will make him stop being a whiney little bitch.

COJOMAY
03-12-2006, 10:55 PM
I LOVE YOU MR. WILF AND CHILDRESS!

Mr. Purple
YA BABY!! Man I hope we sign him...all the people around on the boards down on the Vikes cuz we havnt signed every allstar out there yet...welll you want a AllStar...this guy is a AllStar!

GreenBaySlackers
"Benet" wrote:

"VikingNed" wrote:

yeah... that struck me a little funny...

V4L
"COJOMAY" wrote:

I LOVE YOU MR. WILF AND CHILDRESS!

Well put brotha :cool:

collegeguyjeff
03-12-2006, 10:56 PM
i would bet we made him an offer, how big? who knows. maybe fontuii can play on the right side of the line if we do get hutch. with all the money seattle put into alexander im not sure if they are willing to put that much into hutch too. i sure hope we get hutch though.

V4L
03-12-2006, 10:58 PM
Big Mac... Hutch.... Birk..... Fonoti..... MJ

Chester Taylor= 1300 yards 8 td's

aceclown
03-12-2006, 10:59 PM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

i would bet we made him an offer, how big? who knows. maybe fontuii can play on the right side of the line if we do get hutch. with all the money seattle put into alexander im not sure if they are willing to put that much into hutch too. i sure hope we get hutch though.

Yeah, I was wondering what was going on with Fonoti. I hope we dont give up on him, anyone who has earned all-pro status is worth retaining in my book.

V4L
03-12-2006, 11:00 PM
"aceclown" wrote:

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

Yeah, I was wondering what was going on with Fonoti. I hope we dont give up on him, anyone who has earned all-pro status is worth retaining in my book.

He's better then Lewinski!

JTSnow
03-12-2006, 11:01 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

I don't want MJ as a starter, he played very poor last year and I would rather have John Runyun.

VikesfaninWis
03-12-2006, 11:02 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Agree Homey...... That is one collosal of a line.. Chester Taylor could really shine behind a line like that, hell any decent rb could shine behind a line like that..

Childress is holding true to his word, that it all starts up front on both sides of the ball. Imagine that line if they can agree with Hutch, and Fonoti? Man, this is looking sweet........ :grin:

Benet
03-12-2006, 11:02 PM
What I love about this is that Profootballtalk used the EXACT SAME WORD to describe the Viking's offer to Hutchinson that I used 8 HOURS AGO!

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=338581#338581

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Monster Monster Monster! :wink:

aceclown
03-12-2006, 11:04 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"aceclown" wrote:

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

Yeah I dont know what the hell happened to that guy. Everyone kept saying "once we move him back to his natural postion of guard he's really going to excel". Actually I think he was much better at playing RT and that we should move him back there. He shut down some premier DE's when he was playing RT, not sure what is so "natural" about the guard position for him considering Anthony Herrera beat him for the job.

V4L
"JTSnow" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

I don't want MJ as a starter, he played very poor last year and I would rather have John Runyun.

MJ was a rookie bro.. Very few rookie lineman come in strong

And Runyan is getting older and is gonna stay with the Eagles

Mr. Purple
Marcus showed alot of promise IMO. He was a rookie....being a rookie lineman is probably one of the hardest postions to full on learn in the NFL IMO. McKinnie didnt come out his first year (even tho he held out the whole time) and get 234234 votes to the Pro Bowl. I think we can add a solid Gaurd or Tackle threw the draft and our o-line would be amazing!

collegeguyjeff
well im thinking that since seattle don't have nearly as much cap space as we do we set the contract up so hutch would get a ton of money this year and be a big cap hit this year so seattle can't match it unless they release some guys.

aceclown
03-12-2006, 11:05 PM
"Benet" wrote:

What I love about this is that Profootballtalk used the EXACT SAME WORD to describe the Viking's offer to Hutchinson that I used 8 HOURS AGO!

Wow you are a Genious! I have never heard anyone ever call Hutch a monster on here ever, good thing you did. :roll:

LuckyVike
03-12-2006, 11:06 PM
Thank you, GOD!

V4L
03-12-2006, 11:07 PM
"aceclown" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"aceclown" wrote:

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

Yeah I dont know what the hell happened to that guy. Everyone kept saying "once we move him back to his natural postion of guard he's really going to excel". Actually I think he was much better at playing RT and that we should move him back there. He shut down some premier DE's when he was playing RT, not sure what is so "natural" about the guard position for him considering Anthony Herrera beat him for the job.

Wow I forgot about Herrera..

If we don't get Fonoti back im pleased with this line..

Big Mac..... Hutch..... Birk....... Herrera..... MJ

JTSnow
03-12-2006, 11:08 PM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

Marcus showed alot of promise IMO. He was a rookie....being a rookie lineman is probably one of the hardest postions to full on learn in the NFL IMO. McKinnie didnt come out his first year (even tho he held out the whole time) and get 234234 votes to the Pro Bowl. I think we can add a solid Gaurd or Tackle threw the draft and our o-line would be amazing!

you know what, you are kinda right there, but if we start MJ, I would like to add a good RG to play beside him.

aceclown
03-12-2006, 11:10 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"aceclown" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"aceclown" wrote:

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

Wow I forgot about Herrera..

If we don't get Fonoti back im pleased with this line..

Big Mac..... Hutch..... Birk....... Herrera..... MJ

Are you joking? Herrera blew a$$, guy got pushed around like a little school girl by opposing DTs. If Herrera is at RG we might as well throw out half the run plays (aka runs to the right side).

V4L
03-12-2006, 11:12 PM
I'd feel comfortable with Herrera if Fonoti didn't get resigned..

He pulls very well.. And didn't get pushed around as much as ur saying

But ya Fonoti is much better.. Proven pro bowl lineman

JTSnow
03-12-2006, 11:13 PM
Hutch - 49mil over 7 years, 16mill signing bonus

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5405186

The Minnesota Vikings' shopping spree is kicking into a higher gear.

FOXSports.com has learned that the Vikings have signed Seahawks Pro Bowl offensive guard Steve Hutchinson to an offer sheet for a whopping $49 million over seven years. The deal also includes $16 million in guaranteed money, huge money for a guard, and a very high cap number in the first year. The reason for the cap number is to prevent the Seahawks from matching the offer.

Seattle tagged Hutchinson with the "transition" tag and thus have the right to match any offer. At the time they transitioned him instead of franchising him, the Seahawks probably believed they could match any offer. They still may decide to match the deal, which would give them the most expensive side to an offensive line in league history. Hutchinson teamed with Walter Jones to make up the best blocking side in football as well.

In recent days, many of Hutchinson's teammates have known there would be a strong possibility that he would be leaving for Minnesota via free agency. He flew to Minneapolis late Saturday and agreed to terms Sunday afternoon.

Seattle now must decide to match the offer or let him go.

GQVikesfan
03-12-2006, 11:14 PM
Our line is going to be awesome!

Benet
03-12-2006, 11:15 PM
"Benet" wrote:

"aceclown" wrote:

Wow you are a Genious! I have never heard anyone ever call Hutch a monster on here ever, good thing you did. :roll:

Are you literate? I only ask because if you read what I typed you'd surely see that I said ".. EXACT SAME WORD to describe the Viking's offer to Hutchinson 8 HOURS AGO!" I've even left the quote in this post for you so you can see where you made your error.

How gracious of me. :roll:

Brewtal
03-12-2006, 11:15 PM
:occasion5:

slimerg0d
03-12-2006, 11:16 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5405186

Looks like it's $49 million over seven years. The deal also includes $16 million in guaranteed money.

vikings11_27
03-12-2006, 11:17 PM
it now reports that the deal is worth 49 million dollars, im assuming 5 or 6 years. possibly front heavy

hungryboy
03-12-2006, 11:18 PM
SWEET worth it I say. He is top 5 o-line man in all nfl.

Prophet
03-12-2006, 11:19 PM
:cool:

V4L
No way Seahawks match that..

Big Mac.... Hutch..... Birk...... Fonoti..... MJ

Chester Taylor- 1300 yards and 7 TD's mofo!

duffVIkEs
Ya.....don't think seattle could match that.
LOL :lol:

mnjamie
Just to compliment JT's above post:

POSTED 4:10 p.m. EST, March 12, 2006

HUTCHINSON OFFER WORTH $49 MILLION

Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com confirms our report that the Vikings have signed Seahawks guard Steve Hutchinson to an offer sheet.

Per Glazer, the deal is worth $49 million over seven years, including $16 million in guaranteed money.

We've independently confirmed those numbers via a league source.

As we predicted, the cap number for 2006 is "very high," intended to dissuade the Seahawks from exercising their rights under the transition tag to match.

Redmption
Now Brad Johnson wont get killed like Culpepper did...

vikeswin2005
03-12-2006, 11:21 PM
:cheers:

aceclown
No way in hell is Seattle going to match that kind of money. Of course, this means we are down to about 8 mil in cap room after the deal is finalized. We might sign one more guy (Demps or Jackson) but thats it. Oh well, Hutch is a top 2 or 3 guard (if not the best) and IMO he is definitely worth this kind of money.

olson_10
hutch is ours..there is no way seattle matches this offer sheet..they were ready to let alexander go because they were afraid to pay him huge money, so there is no way they shell out that kind of cash for hutchinson as well..do they even have the money available to match? or can you match no matter what your cap situation is?

snowinapril
03-12-2006, 11:22 PM
"mnjamie" wrote:

Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com confirms our report that the Vikings have signed Seahawks guard Steve Hutchinson to an offer sheet.

Per Glazer, the deal is worth $49 million over seven years, including $16 million in guaranteed money.

As we predicted, the cap number for 2006 is "very high," intended to dissuade the Seahawks from exercising their rights under the transition tag to match.

WOW!

I thought he would be expensive!

Mr. Purple
03-12-2006, 11:24 PM
ooooooooowie....thats alotta mula....worth it tho.

Benet
03-12-2006, 11:25 PM
Looks like we're going for Linebackers in the draft..

Hell yeah baby!

Mr. Purple
haha somethin tells me Taylor is gonna want to run to the left side!

aceclown
"snowinapril" wrote:

"mnjamie" wrote:

WOW!

I thought he would be expensive!

Thats what you pay for an elite player. I cant really think of any other guards better than Hutchinson, maybe Al Faneca, but thats debatable.

singersp
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Is this source credable?

I have. I posted it at 12:15 That the offer sheet for Hutch was being drawn up via ESPN source.

DaunteHOF
03-12-2006, 11:26 PM
Culpepper seeing a good O line, he'll stay for sure

purplepride818
03-12-2006, 11:27 PM
the front office knows what there doing. if they really want the guy they'll make sure seattle wont sign him

XxS2TheEvoxX
03-12-2006, 11:28 PM
YES!!

No way Seattle matches this.

mnjamie
03-12-2006, 11:29 PM
POSTED 4:24 p.m. EST; UPDATED 4:28 p.m. EST, March 12, 2006

HUTCHINSON '06 CAP NUMBER EXCEEDS $13 MILLION

In an effort to land guard Steve Hutchinson, the Vikings have gotten his agreement on an offer sheet with a 2006 cap number in excess of $13 million.

That's more than one third of the team's available cap space in the 2006 offseason, and more than twelve percent of the team's total cap room for the current year.

The offer is aimed at getting the Seahawks not to exercise their right to match. They now have seven days to make a decision.

Mr. Purple
03-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Thats what I was thinking...Zigy knows that we have to make him our "main" guy...and throw alotta money at him. BUt man is it ever so worth it.

VikingsTw
03-12-2006, 11:31 PM
This is good news and what i had hoped seattle would do all along, sign Alexander to huge a$$ deal and leave hutch for us to scoop up. Its an offseason come true.

olson_10
03-12-2006, 11:32 PM
this was our strategy the whole time guys..we were gonna put all our money into hutch, and pickup a good backup from somewhere that fit the system..we picked up goodspeed to block, and now we have one of the leagues best offensive lines, along with kleinsasser blocking on the corner of the line..we signed taylor because we obviously liked what we saw when watching film of him..we didnt have interest in overpaying edge because we didnt even call him to schedule a visit..the plan was to get the leagues best guard with our money, rather than overspend for an older RB that wouldnt have a line to run behind..anybody can run behind the line we have got now!..we got a kicker that will be among the elite when playing all of his games indoors and in warmer climates..leber is an athletic freak, and knows the defensive system..will demps or dexter jackson will be signing tomorrow, and both of them can be big time players, and both know the system as well, so either one is a great pickup..great offseason so far! i think we just need to look at a nickle like mcquarters but other than that its time to look to the draft to address any other needs

Benet
03-12-2006, 11:33 PM
And there were people on this board saying we were using our Cap space to overpay for backups!

Bloody hell man.. Now THAT is why it's great to have Cap space! And something else we have to remember, how much is his Cap number going to drop next year?! When we find out the full details of this deal (ie: the year-by-year breakdowns), we're going to get further proof that Brzezinski is a Cap GENIUS.

olson_10
03-12-2006, 11:35 PM
"mnjamie" wrote:

POSTED 4:24 p.m. EST; UPDATED 4:28 p.m. EST, March 12, 2006

HUTCHINSON '06 CAP NUMBER EXCEEDS $13 MILLION

In an effort to land guard Steve Hutchinson, the Vikings have gotten his agreement on an offer sheet with a 2006 cap number in excess of $13 million.

That's more than one third of the team's available cap space in the 2006 offseason, and more than twelve percent of the team's total cap room for the current year.

The offer is aimed at getting the Seahawks not to exercise their right to match. They now have seven days to make a decision.

how much space does seattle have? doesnt this make it so that they cant match no matter what? and if they match, it means they need to pay the exact contract to him, meaning they cant alter his deal change that 13 million counting against the cap this season..id say he is ours by tomorrow when the hawks come out and say they wont match

pennccil
03-12-2006, 11:35 PM
how much cap does seatle have and if we do sign hutch how much $$$$ we gonna have left?

mnjamie
03-12-2006, 11:37 PM
The thing is, John Runyan is still available out there as far as I know. That would be the cherry on top of it all.

VikingsTw
03-12-2006, 11:38 PM
"olson_10" wrote:

this was our strategy the whole time guys..we were gonna put all our money into hutch, and pickup a good backup from somewhere that fit the system..we picked up goodspeed to block, and now we have one of the leagues best offensive lines, along with kleinsasser blocking on the corner of the line..we signed taylor because we obviously liked what we saw when watching film of him..we didnt have interest in overpaying edge because we didnt even call him to schedule a visit..the plan was to get the leagues best guard with our money, rather than overspend for an older RB that wouldnt have a line to run behind..anybody can run behind the line we have got now!..we got a kicker that will be among the elite when playing all of his games indoors and in warmer climates..leber is an athletic freak, and knows the defensive system..will demps or dexter jackson will be signing tomorrow, and both of them can be big time players, and both know the system as well, so either one is a great pickup..great offseason so far! i think we just need to look at a nickle like mcquarters but other than that its time to look to the draft to address any other needs

Man alive, i forgot about klinny, man this offensive line is gonna be beastly. I'm so glad we didn't go after edge.

Look what the cardinals did they spent all day trying to sign edge all while we where stealling players right out from under them. We got a kicker, rb, LB and gaurd all in the time they where struggling to sign edge.

Benet
03-12-2006, 11:38 PM
"olson_10" wrote:

how much space does seattle have? doesnt this make it so that they cant match no matter what? and if they match, it means they need to pay the exact contract to him, meaning they cant alter his deal change that 13 million counting against the cap this season..id say he is ours by tomorrow when the hawks come out and say they wont match

Seattle has something near $17 million in Cap room I think, it's mentioned in another thread after I asked that exact same question. And you're right, if Seattle choose to match our offer then they're going to get stung for $13 million against the Cap this season, which will leave them with $4 million for any other Free Agents they choose to sign, and their draft picks!

LuckyVike
03-12-2006, 11:39 PM
13 million of our cap space?! Um, do we have enough money left to sign either Arrington or Peterson, a SS, and our draft picks?

ChezPizmo
03-12-2006, 11:39 PM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

I'd like to think so =/

VikingsTw
03-12-2006, 11:40 PM
"pennccil" wrote:

how much cap does seatle have and if we do sign hutch how much $$$$ we gonna have left?

Good question there is alot of confusion about how much cap room we have, between pulling B wills tag that money should have went back to us, but it was never reported. We may very well have more than we think.

Benet
03-12-2006, 11:42 PM
"LuckyVike" wrote:

13 million of our cap space?! Um, do we have enough money left to sign either Arrington or Peterson, a SS, and our draft picks?

We'll have plenty, don't worry about it. If there's one thing Rob Brzezinski knows.. it's the Cap.

damien927
03-12-2006, 11:42 PM
they won't "not match" right away, if they have 7 days, they will take 7 days. Nearly every team does that. It is more or less..... you took our guy, now you can sweat it out worrying about it for a week.

pennccil
03-12-2006, 11:47 PM
our ol is gonna be sick

damien927
03-12-2006, 11:47 PM
"ChezPizmo" wrote:

"DaunteHOF" wrote:

I'd like to think so =/

It is nice thinking, but I don't think they can fix what Pep has done in the last 6 months. Hell, we can't even convince another team to give us a second rounder for him. That goes to show that people realize that he has some "issues". The only way I see them keeping him is if he realizes that nobody else is willing to give much up for him and get pissed at them and then try to repair his relationship with the team. I am afraid he has done irreparable damage to the Vikes, his career, and his pocketbook.

MensaTice
03-12-2006, 11:48 PM
"LuckyVike" wrote:

Never underrestimate Rob B!

cogitans
03-12-2006, 11:48 PM
"damien927" wrote:

they won't "not match" right away, if they have 7 days, they will take 7 days. Nearly every team does that. It is more or less..... you took our guy, now you can sweat it out worrying about it for a week.Thats right. So we better settle in for a week of sweating.

mnjamie
03-12-2006, 11:51 PM
"damien927" wrote:

"ChezPizmo" wrote:

"DaunteHOF" wrote:

I'd like to think so =/

It is nice thinking, but I don't think they can fix what Pep has done in the last 6 months. Hell, we can't even convince another team to give us a second rounder for him. That goes to show that people realize that he has some "issues". The only way I see them keeping him is if he realizes that nobody else is willing to give much up for him and get pissed at them and then try to repair his relationship with the team. I am afraid he has done irreparable damage to the Vikes, his career, and his pocketbook.

Mark it down, CPep isn't going anywhere and will be wearing the beloved Purple and Yellow again next year ...

singersp
03-12-2006, 11:53 PM
"cogitans" wrote:

"damien927" wrote:

they won't "not match" right away, if they have 7 days, they will take 7 days. Nearly every team does that. It is more or less..... you took our guy, now you can sweat it out worrying about it for a week.Thats right. So we better settle in for a week of sweating.

I don't think it's just to make us sweat. IMO teams do it to deter the other teams from signing other FA's of the same position & it also gives them 7 days to sign who they can & see what type of space they'll have left at that time.

skum
03-12-2006, 11:55 PM
We get another 2,3 million if we trade Daunte for some picks..

aceclown
03-13-2006, 12:02 AM
KFFL.com
Vikings | Hutchinson signed to offer sheet
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 13:12:32 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Seattle Seahawks transition free agent OG Steve Hutchinson (Seahawks) has been signed to an offer sheet worth $49 million over seven years. The deal includes $16 million in guaranteed money and holds a very high salary cap number for the first year. The Vikings are using a high cap number for the first year to prevent the Seattle Seahawks from matching the offer.

I'm guessing his 06 cap number is in the 10-12 million range, which means we are down to single digit cap space, probably 7-9 million left.

Benet
03-13-2006, 12:04 AM
"aceclown" wrote:

KFFL.com

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Seattle Seahawks transition free agent OG Steve Hutchinson (Seahawks) has been signed to an offer sheet worth $49 million over seven years. The deal includes $16 million in guaranteed money and holds a very high salary cap number for the first year. The Vikings are using a high cap number for the first year to prevent the Seattle Seahawks from matching the offer.

I'm guessing his 06 cap number is in the 10-12 million range, which means we are down to single digit cap space, probably 7-9 million left.

It's already been mentioned on here, and reported on Profootballtalk that the 2006 cap number for Hutchinson is $13 million:

muchluv4smoot
03-13-2006, 12:06 AM
"LuckyVike" wrote:

We certainly still can sign these guys, but will have to do the complete opposite type of deals then we normally do. We will have to sign them to backloaded contracts and give them big signing bonuses, instead of roster bonuses(which count against the cap).

I love this move actually. It is a ton of money, but we have a ton of cap room this year, so to front load it like we did with $13 million on this season, we aren't killing our future cap # so badly. Hutch is one of, if not the best, guards in the NFL and will give us an absolute dominant left side to run behind with him, mckinnie and birk.

skum
03-13-2006, 12:07 AM
Im sure that the guys in the front office knows that they are doing, i dont know how much capspace we have left.. - but it should be enough - otherwise they wouldnt have made a deal like that.. :)

aceclown
03-13-2006, 12:07 AM
"Benet" wrote:

"aceclown" wrote:

KFFL.com

It's already been mentioned on here, and reported on Profootballtalk that the 2006 cap number for Hutchinson is $13 million:

My bad, I hadnt checked the site in a while. Here is some more info on the signing.

KFFL.com
Seahawks | Team offered Hutchinson nearly $6 million a year
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 14:01:04 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports Seattle Seahawks transition free agent OG Steve Hutchinson (Seahawks) was reportedly being offered $5.8 million a year by the Seattle Seahawks before the free agency period started.

Vikings | Hutchinson will become highest paid guard in history
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 13:57:15 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports Seattle Seahawks transition free agent OG Steve Hutchinson (Seahawks) will become the highest paid guard in NFL history with the offer sheet he signed from the Minnesota Vikings. Hutchinson is set to earn $49 million over seven years, with $16 million in guaranteed money.

SIUviking
03-13-2006, 12:09 AM
If we sign Peterson or Arrington who do we draft???

NordicNed
03-13-2006, 12:09 AM
"damien927" wrote:

they won't "not match" right away, if they have 7 days, they will take 7 days. Nearly every team does that. It is more or less..... you took our guy, now you can sweat it out worrying about it for a week.

Maybe not so.......................

Seattle may want to sign some FA's themselves, and unless they want to have someone they are eyeing slip thru their fingers, they may just come out and say have at him....

To match our offer, they wouldn't have much of a cap left at all themselves. Yes they may hold off out of spite, but if it was me, I'de realize we aren't going to spend all our cap on him and let him go...Then I'de use the cap saved on him and whats still left to sign some players myself. While the cream of the crop is still around..

God are we going to have a beast of a line, if this comes thru for us..... :grin:

mr.woo
03-13-2006, 12:11 AM
yess he is basically ours. i cant wait to see the huge hole he opens for taylor. :grin:

aceclown
03-13-2006, 12:11 AM
Watch, Seattle will probably sign Fonoti now.

mnjamie
03-13-2006, 12:12 AM
"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

"LuckyVike" wrote:

We certainly still can sign these guys, but will have to do the complete opposite type of deals then we normally do. We will have to sign them to backloaded contracts and give them big signing bonuses, instead of roster bonuses(which count against the cap).

I love this move actually. It is a ton of money, but we have a ton of cap room this year, so to front load it like we did with $13 million on this season, we aren't killing our future cap # so badly. Hutch is one of, if not the best, guards in the NFL and will give us an absolute dominant left side to run behind with him, mckinnie and birk.

Hey Smooty ... been awhile.

I'd like to see them take a flyer on Runyan also .... Havn't heard any news on him, but I don't think his price will be as high as some might think. Then with Childress's connections with the Iggles ... getting chills over here thinking about it ..

Benet
03-13-2006, 12:14 AM
"aceclown" wrote:

My bad, I hadnt checked the site in a while. Here is some more info on the signing.

KFFL.com
Seahawks | Team offered Hutchinson nearly $6 million a year
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 14:01:04 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports Seattle Seahawks transition free agent OG Steve Hutchinson (Seahawks) was reportedly being offered $5.8 million a year by the Seattle Seahawks before the free agency period started.

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports Seattle Seahawks transition free agent OG Steve Hutchinson (Seahawks) will become the highest paid guard in NFL history with the offer sheet he signed from the Minnesota Vikings. Hutchinson is set to earn $49 million over seven years, with $16 million in guaranteed money.

So the Seahawks offered Hutchinson $5.8 million a year and we offer him $7 million per. Our signing him is definitely going to hinge on whether we've front-loaded our offer enough to force them to back down.

NavyVik
This signing is awesome. Seattle is screwed either way.

vikeswin2005
"mnjamie" wrote:

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

"LuckyVike" wrote:

I'd like to see them take a flyer on Runyan also .... Havn't heard any news on him, but I don't think his price will be as high as some might think. Then with Childress's connections with the Iggles ... getting chills over here thinking about it ..

PLEASE :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

DaunteHOF
03-13-2006, 12:16 AM
"SIUviking" wrote:

We draft a FS or ILB

XxS2TheEvoxX
03-13-2006, 12:18 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

"SIUviking" wrote:

We draft a FS or ILB

Hope you mean a SS. I think we're pretty set at FS with Sharper and Fox.

LuckyVike
03-13-2006, 12:18 AM
"vikeswin2005" wrote:

"mnjamie" wrote:

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

"LuckyVike" wrote:

I gotta tell ya, if we end up getting Hutch and then we got Runyan, our O-Line was be, AMAZING!

LuckyVike
03-13-2006, 12:22 AM
"XxS2TheEvoxX" wrote:

"DaunteHOF" wrote:

"SIUviking" wrote:

We draft a FS or ILB

Hope you mean a SS. I think we're pretty set at FS with Sharper and Fox.

No kidding... I didn't even pick up on that when I first read it.

PAvikesfan
03-13-2006, 12:23 AM
awesome... now a 7 day wait! hopefully the seahawks are saying, Crap, how can we match that!? lost another one!"

nextvikingsstar
03-13-2006, 12:27 AM
its on the espn website now

NordicNed
03-13-2006, 12:28 AM
"LuckyVike" wrote:

"vikeswin2005" wrote:

"mnjamie" wrote:

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

"LuckyVike" wrote:

I gotta tell ya, if we end up getting Hutch and then we got Runyan, our O-Line was be, AMAZING!

I'de also like to see Runyan come in, but I think he's going to end his career with the eagles....For some reason, I think they will re-sign him..

I'll be pissed if we make an offer to Rosenthal, if we do, I hope they only make him a backup to Marcus Johnson.....Johnson showed me some promise last year. He just got a little to fired up with all the false starts when he got in there for a shot at it........But Rosenthal responded with his typical,dancing elephant footwork and gave up the sacks....

PAvikesfan
03-13-2006, 12:36 AM
this will be our biggest pick-up in FA in the last 10 years! run to the left, run to the left, run to the left...you can't stop this!

muchluv4smoot
03-13-2006, 12:37 AM
"VikingNed" wrote:

I'll be pissed if we make an offer to Rosenthal, if we do, I hope they only make him a backup to Marcus Johnson.....Johnson showed me some promise last year. He just got a little to fired up with all the false starts when he got in there for a shot at it........But Rosenthal responded with his typical,dancing elephant footwork and gave up the sacks....

Rosey's already got a big contract from us. We signed him to a large one 2 years ago. We are trying to get him to restructure it though this offseason or he is likely gone. I would just cut his worthless @ss if you ask me.

VikingsTw
03-13-2006, 12:38 AM
"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

"VikingNed" wrote:

Rosey's already got a big contract from us. We signed him to a large one 2 years ago. We are trying to get him to restructure it though this offseason or he is likely gone. I would just cut his worthless @ss if you ask me.

He's garbage, i agree he needs to be cut.

PurplePeopleEaters
03-13-2006, 12:38 AM
The Minnesota Moving Company is BACK. With Birk, Hutch, and Mount Mckinnie lining up on the left, we will be unstoppable. Great signing (if it goes through) by the vikes. Get me a LB and a SS and we have ourselves a team.

KirillDM
03-13-2006, 12:39 AM
wow witht hat line it almsot doesnt matter who is the rb or QB...if our defence comes together we might win the SB like the ravens in 2000 or the bucs...ehehehehehe i am getting giddy :lol:

aceclown
03-13-2006, 12:39 AM
"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

"VikingNed" wrote:

What exactly did the Vikings ever see in that bum? He sucked from day 1, and never showed he was even near worth the kind of money he gets.

Muggsy
03-13-2006, 12:40 AM
Here it is, youse mugs, from ESPN. Nice read.
================================================
Vikings sign Hutchinson to gigantic offer sheet
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

Seattle Seahawks star Steve Hutchinson, designated as a transition free agent by the NFC champions, has signed an offer sheet with the Minnesota Vikings that will make him the highest paid guard in NFL history, ESPN.com has learned.

The offer sheet is for seven years, at $49 million, and includes $16 million in guarantees. Once the offer sheet is executed, Seattle will have seven days to match all its principle terms, or allow Hutchinson to move to the Vikings. If the Seahawks do not match it, they will receive no draft-pick compensation.

How rich is the Vikings' deal, negotiated by Tom Condon and Ken Kremer of IMG Football, for the five-year veteran guard? Consider this: Only three NFL offensive tackles, a position that is always paid much higher than guards, can match Hutchinson's average of $7 million. Larry Allen of Dallas, currently the league's highest-paid guard, averages $6.1 million on his Cowboys contract.

It is believed that, before the start of the free agency period, Seattle was offering Hutchinson an average of $5.8 million per year.

Seattle opted to use the less expensive transition designation on Hutchinson, rather than the franchise tag, and the difference is significant. In most cases, the franchise marker is enough to scare off any suitors, because the level of compensation is a pair of first-round draft choices. The transition label carries no compensation and it is easier for veterans under that marker to attract other teams.

Under the current system, implemented in 1993, just three franchise players have ever switched teams in free agency. During the same period, 18 transition players have changed teams.

By signing Hutchinson to the offer sheet, the Vikings, who entered the free agency period with $30.9 million in available salary cap room, second-most in the league, are remaining aggressive as the club attempts to upgrade the roster under first-year coach Brad Childress. The Vikings broke from the chute quickly on Saturday, either signing or reaching agreements with five players.

Hutchinson, 28, would certainly provide the kind of toughness and mauler's mentality the Vikings have lacked on their offensive line, and would team with tackle Bryant McKinnie to give Minnesota one of the best leftside blocking tandems in the league.

A first-round choice in the 2001 draft, Hutchinson is a three-time Pro Bowl performer. The former University of Michigan star has appeared in 68 games, all of them starts, and has played all 16 games in all but the 2002 campaign. That year, a broken leg limited Hutchinson to four appearances.
===============================================
We get Hutch, and we moider 'em this season!

ejmat
03-13-2006, 12:40 AM
I agree Rosy stinks. Between letting up sacks and false starts we're better off without him. {lease don't restructure him. I'd rather sign an OL in the 7th round of the draft

muchluv4smoot
03-13-2006, 12:43 AM
"aceclown" wrote:

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

"VikingNed" wrote:

What exactly did the Vikings ever see in that bum? He sucked from day 1, and never showed he was even near worth the kind of money he gets.

I asked this same question 2 years ago right after we did it. It just made no sense at all. He was coming off a bad season with us and Tice thought he was having a good offseason, so for some stupid reason Tice expected him to all of a sudden be a great RT, and we gave him a new deal without even seeing the supposid new and improved rosey in a reggular season game. That move was one of our worst in the past few years, that's forsure.

PAvikesfan
03-13-2006, 12:45 AM
him and lewiensky can suck a ditch! drop em both. birk hutch and mckinnie on the left and marcus on the right...

BerkleeVikesFan80
03-13-2006, 12:52 AM
Heres what the superchickens fans are saying, haha looks like they dont want to give hutch up

http://www.seahawkshuddle.com/v1/viewforum.php?f=15

muchluv4smoot
03-13-2006, 12:52 AM
"PAvikesfan" wrote:

him and lewiensky can suck a ditch! drop em both. birk hutch and mckinnie on the left and marcus on the right...

Lewinski is fine. I mean he did take a paycut to stay. He is a good backup if you ask me. I however don't even want Rosey as a backup.

ItalianStallion
03-13-2006, 12:54 AM
That is a lot of $ for a guard. If those numbers were straight I would not be too happy with how much we are paying him, but I am sure that those numbers are somewhat deceptive. There is probably a lot of performance bonuses, and maybe some unlikely incentive bonuses as well.

midgensa
03-13-2006, 12:59 AM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

That is a lot of $ for a guard. If those numbers were straight I would not be too happy with how much we are paying him, but I am sure that those numbers are somewhat deceptive. There is probably a lot of performance bonuses, and maybe some unlikely incentive bonuses as well.

The numbers are straight ... doubt there is much incentive, performance, etc. with a guard and we have been rumored to be offering this much for days ... so I am pretty sure those numbers are accurate.

Only 16 million is garaunteed (mostly in bonus) ... but that is a lot of up front and promised money ... we likely will cut him before the end of the contract ... but if not ... then he is fulfilling his obligation and we are happy with him.

Good guards are much tougher to find than tackles and this will be huge for us assuming the Hawks dont match (and it does not appear they will)

LuckyVike
03-13-2006, 01:04 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

The numbers are straight ... doubt there is much incentive, performance, etc. with a guard and we have been rumored to be offering this much for days ... so I am pretty sure those numbers are accurate.

Only 16 million is garaunteed (mostly in bonus) ... but that is a lot of up front and promised money ... we likely will cut him before the end of the contract ... but if not ... then he is fulfilling his obligation and we are happy with him.

Good guards are much tougher to find than tackles and this will be huge for us assuming the Hawks dont match (and it does not appear they will)

I don't think the 'Hawks will match it either. Tackles are typically payed more than guards and if he gets that contract there will be only 2 tackles in the game that make more than him.

muchluv4smoot
03-13-2006, 01:13 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

I doubt we would cut him before the end of his contract, but I am sure we likely would restructure it towards the end, to a more cap friendly deal.

ItalianStallion
03-13-2006, 01:14 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

I'm not saying the 49 million "potential value" is not accurate, I am just saying those numbers tend to be overinflated because they assume all the performance based bonuses present in most contracts will be acheived. In the past rob has put unrealistic bonuses (such as 7 million if Culpepper plays 50% of the special teams palys) that, once unacheived get passed on to the next season as free cap space.

For a Guard to account for approximately 7 million a year in cap space is pretty dam ridiculous, especially considering that is what Culpepper and Moss were getting (roughly).

DarrinNelsonguy
03-13-2006, 01:16 AM
I like the deal and he would be a great pick up.

VikingsTw
03-13-2006, 01:20 AM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

I'm not saying the 49 million "potential value" is not accurate, I am just saying those numbers tend to be overinflated because they assume all the performance based bonuses present in most contracts will be acheived. In the past rob has put unrealistic bonuses (such as 7 million if Culpepper plays 50% of the special teams palys) that, once unacheived get passed on to the next season as free cap space.

For a Guard to account for approximately 7 million a year in cap space is pretty dam ridiculous, especially considering that is what Culpepper and Moss were getting (roughly).

If we don't do this we could very well be looking at no running game and our QB getting hit every play. Whatever it takes. We must have an efficent offense to match our defense.

muchluv4smoot
03-13-2006, 01:22 AM
"vikingstw" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

If we don't do this we could very well be looking at no running game and our QB getting hit every play. Whatever it takes. We must have an efficent offense to match our defense.

Exactly. With Brad at QB and all finesse RB's, we absolutely need a guy like Hutch to solidify our O-line. We also hopefully will ink a trimmer(at least he better be) Fonoti to play RG.

VikingsTw
03-13-2006, 01:25 AM
I'd love to see fonoti back but there are so many questions about him, is he serious about football? Is he overweight? What kind of money is he asking for?

He's a proven pro bowler i think its a no brainer to atleast give him a one year deal, cut rosey, do something to get enough money to sign him.

ItalianStallion
03-13-2006, 01:26 AM
I'm not saying I'm not psyched about the possiblity of getting hutch, I'm just saying that generally you don't pay a guard more than the likes of Orlando Pace and Walter Jones.

muchluv4smoot
03-13-2006, 01:28 AM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

I'm not saying I'm not psyched about the possiblity of getting hutch, I'm just saying that generally you don't pay a guard more than the likes of Orlando Pace and Walter Jones.

The new CBA plays a little bit of a role in all the money these FA's are getting this offseason also.

VikingsTw
03-13-2006, 01:29 AM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

I get what your saying but it has us in a bind, he's the best on the market and after him theres a massive drop off, he was tagged so we HAVE to give him a deal the hawks won't match. Hopefully we front load his contract enough to lower his salary after the first year.

I don't really have a problem with paying him, he's said to be one of the most consistent gaurds in the NFL, on his game at all times. Probably one the best gaurd in the league, and he's still so young, yet he has 3 pro bowl years under him.

VikemanX84
03-13-2006, 01:34 AM
I don't know about this deal, honestly. I am super excited about the prospect of Hutch in Purple and Gold, but this seems like a ridiculous ammount of money. Kffl says the contract is front loaded to prevent the Seahawks from matching it with their modest cap space this year. So it is going to be a huge hit to our cap space this year but it will be cap friendly later on, which has been the Vikings MO for the past couple off-seasons.

While we're talking about what future ramafication this deal will have, lets not forget that (I think) Bryant McKennie is entering a contrct year and paying Hutch all this money will definitely have a bearing on how much we offer McKennie next year.

ItalianStallion
03-13-2006, 01:35 AM
"VikemanX84" wrote:

I don't know about this deal, honestly. I am super excited about the prospect of Hutch in Purple and Gold, but this seems like a ridiculous ammount of money. Kffl says the contract is front loaded to prevent the Seahawks from matching it with their modest cap space this year. So it is going to be a huge hit to our cap space this year but it will be cap friendly later on, which has been the Vikings MO for the past couple off-seasons.

While we're talking about what future ramafication this deal will have, lets not forget that (I think) Bryant McKennie is entering a contrct year and paying Hutch all this money will definitely have a bearing on how much we offer McKennie next year.

I thought McKinnie has 2 years left?

magicci
03-13-2006, 01:40 AM
now i just hope we can keep Fonoti around and get him into shape, and also build some more muscle up in M. Johnson and get his mind straight. We can have a monster O-Line

PurpleManiac
03-13-2006, 01:53 AM
The $$$ is frickin astounding but I can't be complaining. I mean jeez...we are only getting the best Guard in the game :D I'm glad that it's front loaded though, as it might free us up 2 years down the road to sign Mount McKinnie to a huge contract as well.

All I can think about now is McKinnie+Hutch+Birk and throw whatever RB you want behind- just run it to the left all day!

cajunvike
03-13-2006, 01:56 AM
IF Seattle matches the deal, we won't be out ANYTHING....we will know for sure next week.

singersp
03-13-2006, 02:02 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

IF Seattle matches the deal, we won't be out ANYTHING....we will know for sure next week.

What we will be out, is an improvement to our front line. We'd have to start shopping again for a player to take his place.

7 days from now, what will the pickings be like?

And that's exactly why Seattle will wait the full 7 days.

FuadFan
03-13-2006, 02:03 AM
This will be an interesting week I didn't think we would attempt to get him but now that we have I hope Seattle just goes away and gives him up.

purplepride818
03-13-2006, 02:07 AM
this guy thinks seattle will match the offer sheet

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=63&p=9&c=2&cid=507994&nid=2422158&fhn=1&refid=4742

viks_fan21
03-13-2006, 02:10 AM
"purplepride818" wrote:

The link didn't work for me but I think we've got nothing to lose. If they don't match, we have an All-Pro guard, and if they do match, we just hurt the cap figures of last years NFC Champs, which will improve our chances.

purplepride818
03-13-2006, 02:11 AM
i guess seattle has 22 mil in space and had 6 set aside for hutch making it 16 mil above the cap

purplepride818
03-13-2006, 02:12 AM
i didnt think the link will work you have to have a scout.com membership ill post what he said

magicci
03-13-2006, 02:15 AM
look at this sig from the seahawks forum that a ram fan has i think it looks pretty cool

http://realramsfans.com/files/hass3_582.jpg

purplepride818
03-13-2006, 02:15 AM
FOXSports.com has learned that the Vikings have signed Seahawks Pro Bowl offensive guard Steve Hutchinson to an offer sheet for a whopping $49 million over seven years. The deal also includes $16 million in guaranteed money, huge money for a guard, and a very high cap number in the first year. The reason for the cap number is to prevent the Seahawks from matching the offer.

Seattle tagged Hutchinson with the "transition" tag and thus have the right to match any offer. At the time they transitioned him instead of franchising him, the Seahawks probably believed they could match any offer. They still may decide to match the deal, which would give them the most expensive side to an offensive line in league history. Hutchinson teamed with Walter Jones to make up the best blocking side in football as well. In recent days, many of Hutchinson's teammates have known there would be a strong possibility that he would be leaving for Minnesota via free agency. He flew to Minneapolis late Saturday and agreed to terms Sunday afternoon.

Seattle now must decide to match the offer or let him go. Len Pasquarelli of ESPN.com speculates that the Seahawks offered Hutchinson a contract with an average of $5.8 million per year before transitioning him.

Our own "Hawkstorian" sees it this way: If the cap hit is really $13M, then the Seahawks should match. Right now they have around $16M in cap space with $6.3M reserved for Hutch. After matching Hutch, they'll lose another $7M, leaving them with still $9M, and flexibility to restructure other deals.

Rocky (Bernard) is going to be overpaid somewhere, so there's little chance he's coming back. Nobody else on the team is worth huge money. If you let Hutch go, you now have over $22M in cap space with nobody to spend it on. That would be far worse than keeping him and having to squeeze pennies to fill the holes on the roster.

I'm pretty confident the Seahawks will see things the same way

this is from scout.com,hopefully hes wrong

TheAnimal93
03-13-2006, 02:17 AM
http://www.startribune.com/510/story/301908.html

I guess that this makes it official!
I would really be surprised if Seattle is able to match this.

singersp
03-13-2006, 02:17 AM
"viks_fan21" wrote:

"purplepride818" wrote:

The link didn't work for me but I think we've got nothing to lose. If they don't match, we have an All-Pro guard, and if they do match, we just hurt the cap figures of last years NFC Champs, which will improve our chances.

Improve are chances for what?

LuckyVike
03-13-2006, 02:20 AM
If Seattle matches it, they will automatically become one of my most hated teams. I want Hutchinson too bad for them to match it!

purplepride818
03-13-2006, 02:23 AM
if seattle matches it they'll probably do it in seven days which means we'll be waiting on them and if they match it all the good free agents will be off the market by then and we'll be screwed

tjohnson
03-13-2006, 02:24 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"viks_fan21" wrote:

"purplepride818" wrote:

For winning.

I think he's saying that if they hafta spend all this money on Alexander and Hutchinson, they won't be able to spend any money on areas where they need improvement. Thus, we would be able to improve our weaknesses and hopefully improve our chances......of winning.

vikeswin2005
03-13-2006, 02:26 AM
[b]HAHA

Seahawks | Team has no comment on Hutchinson's offer sheet
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 16:17:08 -0800

The Associated Press reports the Seattle Seahawks refused to comment Sunday, March 12, about the offer sheet signed by transition free agent OG Steve Hutchinson with the Minnesota Vikings, preferring to let their seven-day window to match the offer play out. Seattle entered the weekend about $17 million below the league's $102 million salary cap for 2006. With such a large offer on the table, however, the Vikings have made it as difficult as can be for the Seahawks, who have already put a lot of money into their offense.

PurplePeopleEaters
03-13-2006, 02:28 AM
Check out the new sig! :razz:

purplepride818
03-13-2006, 02:29 AM
"vikeswin2005" wrote:

[b]HAHA

Seahawks | Team has no comment on Hutchinson's offer sheet
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 16:17:08 -0800

The Associated Press reports the Seattle Seahawks refused to comment Sunday, March 12, about the offer sheet signed by transition free agent OG Steve Hutchinson with the Minnesota Vikings, preferring to let their seven-day window to match the offer play out. Seattle entered the weekend about $17 million below the league's $102 million salary cap for 2006. With such a large offer on the table, however, the Vikings have made it as difficult as can be for the Seahawks, who have already put a lot of money into their offense.

they actually have 22 mil but had 6 set aside to resign hutch read the top of this page i posted a quote from a seattle writer

LuckyVike
03-13-2006, 02:31 AM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

Hutch looks mean as hell!

CrazyVikingsFan
03-13-2006, 02:37 AM
"LuckyVike" wrote:

Hutch looks mean as hell!

no he looks like a viking about to be unleashed!!!!

olson_10
03-13-2006, 02:40 AM
not a chance in helll that they match this offer..we all need to remember that seattle didnt even want to resign alexander for big money, but they did it because they had to..there is no way they match this offer because they are in no way willing to pay guys max contracts like that, so hutchinson will be ours by tomorrow when seattle publicly admits they wont match

viks_fan21
03-13-2006, 02:45 AM
"tjohnson" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"viks_fan21" wrote:

"purplepride818" wrote:

For winning.

I think he's saying that if they hafta spend all this money on Alexander and Hutchinson, they won't be able to spend any money on areas where they need improvement. Thus, we would be able to improve our weaknesses and hopefully improve our chances......of winning.

Oh, sorry about being unclear. I meant that if Seattle matches, we cost them like 7 million dollars for this year. That is seven million that they won't spend on free agents. I'm saying that, as of now, Seattle is the Conference Champs, and anything we can do to hurt them only improves our chances of making it to the Super Bowl.

V4L
03-13-2006, 02:51 AM

Thats frickin great haha..

Highest paid guard ever

olson_10
03-13-2006, 02:52 AM
"viks_fan21" wrote:

"tjohnson" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"viks_fan21" wrote:

"purplepride818" wrote:

For winning.

Oh, sorry about being unclear. I meant that if Seattle matches, we cost them like 7 million dollars for this year. That is seven million that they won't spend on free agents. I'm saying that, as of now, Seattle is the Conference Champs, and anything we can do to hurt them only improves our chances of making it to the Super Bowl.
if they match, hutch will account for 13 million against the cap this year

PurplePride80
03-13-2006, 02:55 AM
This is great news!

Imagine how good our offensive line would be.

Mckinnie Hutchinson Birk Fonitio Rosenthal

I just hope the Seattle Seahawks don't match it.

olson_10
03-13-2006, 02:55 AM
seattle was very hesitant just on signing alexander to a big money deal..there is no possible way they will even think about matching the offer for the richest guard in league history

LuckyVike
03-13-2006, 02:56 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Thats frickin great haha..

Highest paid guard ever

That's great lol. I just hope he's the highest paid guard every and is being paid by us.

Tanner_QBRB8
03-13-2006, 02:57 AM
THere is no way that seattle has the cap to match this so we have Hutchinson pretty locked up right

magicci
03-13-2006, 02:57 AM
"PurplePride80" wrote:

This is great news!

i think you should switch that to Marcus Johnson

vikeswin2005
03-13-2006, 02:58 AM
he is as good as ours

LuckyVike
03-13-2006, 02:58 AM
"PurplePride80" wrote:

This is great news!

Marcus Johnson?

CynicalVike
03-13-2006, 02:59 AM
"PurplePride80" wrote:

This is great news!

Now all we have to do is dump Rosenthal and we'll be looking pretty good!!

magicci
03-13-2006, 03:00 AM
with Rosenthal i really do beilive in "addition by subtraction"

VikesAllTheWay112642
03-13-2006, 03:02 AM
Any update on Foniti? Are we going to resign him and has he lost any weight?

VikingsTw
03-13-2006, 03:09 AM

Very nice work, one of the best sigs i've ever seen.

magicci
03-13-2006, 03:10 AM
"VikesAllTheWay112642" wrote:

Vikings | Fonoti Update
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 17:09:15 -0800

Officials report Vikings Free Agent Guard Toniu Fonoti has been in contact with the Minnesota Vikings. Although there is not much progress in his contract negotiations his agent has claimed that he has been doing atkins and working out daily.

V4L
03-13-2006, 03:11 AM
Fonoti doing atkins hahahaha!

Man I can't wait to get him locked up

purplepride818
03-13-2006, 03:11 AM
"VikesAllTheWay112642" wrote:

last i read he probably wasnt going to be re-signed but they did offer him a deal

PurplePride80
03-13-2006, 03:12 AM
"Tanner_QBRB8" wrote:

THere is no way that seattle has the cap to match this so we have Hutchinson pretty locked up right

^ I hope your right but I think the Seahawks have the cap to match it.

Most people I've talked to think Seattle will match the offer.

But you know I don't believe them. :lol:

collegeguyjeff
03-13-2006, 03:13 AM
"olson_10" wrote:

seattle was very hesitant just on signing alexander to a big money deal..there is no possible way they will even think about matching the offer for the richest guard in league history

im thinking the same thing. their one star player who does so much for their team and they didn't want to pay him much. then they offered hutch 5.8 mil for his contract thats all i saw. the contract could have been for 3 years for all we know. the vikings are offering him his dream contract thats why he took it. now as long as seattle can't come up with a ton of money outta their rear ends i doubt they can sign him. just a few other players they want to keep will cost them a lot and if they did get hutch to stay they would loose about 3 players they want to keep.

just look at this and tell me if seattle can afford to keep him.

Minnesota Vikings $30.9 million
Seattle Seahawks $17.3 million
-$13 mil

seattle has 4.3 mil left over this year. ha ha they can't do it their first rounder alone should cost 3mil of that atleast.

viks_fan21
03-13-2006, 03:28 AM
"olson_10" wrote:

"viks_fan21" wrote:

"tjohnson" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"viks_fan21" wrote:

For winning.

I know. I mean that us signing him to an offer sheet ultimately cost them 7 million this year. They were going to give him 6, but now they must give him 13. You feel me :grin:

viks_fan21
03-13-2006, 03:32 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

im thinking the same thing. their one star player who does so much for their team and they didn't want to pay him much. then they offered hutch 5.8 mil for his contract thats all i saw. the contract could have been for 3 years for all we know. the vikings are offering him his dream contract thats why he took it. now as long as seattle can't come up with a ton of money outta their rear ends i doubt they can sign him. just a few other players they want to keep will cost them a lot and if they did get hutch to stay they would loose about 3 players they want to keep.

-$13 mil

seattle has 4.3 mil left over this year. ha ha they can't do it their first rounder alone should cost 3mil of that atleast.

Not true. The 17.3 million they currently have is with the Hutch's 6 million dollar tender. So if they match, that costs them an additional 7 million dollars so they would still have $10 million.

ultravikingfan
03-13-2006, 03:34 AM
"viks_fan21" wrote:

You feel me :grin:

No.

But this guy does http://www.purplepride.org/uploads/avatars/15341429fd1c785914.jpg

viks_fan21
03-13-2006, 03:36 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"viks_fan21" wrote:

You feel me :grin:

No.

But this guy does http://www.purplepride.org/uploads/avatars/15341429fd1c785914.jpg

You know ultra, you're really starting to make me...

Not really, that picture absolutely cracks me up though.

olson_10
03-13-2006, 03:57 AM
"viks_fan21" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

"viks_fan21" wrote:

"tjohnson" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

For winning.

I know. I mean that us signing him to an offer sheet ultimately cost them 7 million this year. They were going to give him 6, but now they must give him 13. You feel me :grin:
lol ah k man, just making sure

midgensa
03-13-2006, 04:24 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

-$13 mil

I don't know who you are paying ... but the 31st pick in the draft is never a 3 million cap number. Come on man ... they are not picking in the top 15 here.

Muggsy
03-13-2006, 04:47 AM
Some of youse mugs tink dere is no way da Seahawks will match da Vikes offer. Well, here's what John Clayton of ESPN has ta say 'bout dat.
=================================================
The Seahawks are in no position to lose Hutchinson. Even if the cap number is $13 million on Seahawks guard Steve Hutchinson's $49 million offer sheet, Seattle has no choice but to match it. He's one of their best players.

Two arguments will come up in the first few days of thinking, but only a mistake by Seattle would cause it to let Hutchinson go for no compensation. First, the Seahawks have $17 million of cap room and Hutchinson is already on the books for $6.3 million because of the transition tag. They can make up the $7 million cap difference by restructuring a couple of contracts.

Second, the Seahawks can argue $7 million a year is too much for a guard. That's a bogus argument. While it's true that $7 million is a lot for that position, the only reason he will make $7 million is because the Seahawks screwed up by putting a transition tag on him, letting the Vikings negotiate the contract. Hutchinson would have made $1 million less if he negotiated from a franchise tag. As one of their best players, they can't let him go. Don't compound a mistake by making another, particularly when you can manipulate the cap with $17 million of room and five-year proration of contracts.
===============================================
Don't count your guards before dey block. Cross your fingers and hope for da best! SKOL, VIKES!

VikingsTw
03-13-2006, 04:52 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see them match it, holgrem being an offensive guy and all he's gonna try to keep that group together, and if they do restructer a couple contracts they will be sitting good.

vikeswin2005
03-13-2006, 04:55 AM
"vikingstw" wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised to see them match it, holgrem being an offensive guy and all he's gonna try to keep that group together, and if they do restructer a couple contracts they will be sitting good.
:cry: