PDA

View Full Version : KFAN talking about Schaub

Wiggles67
03-12-2006, 01:54 AM
They brought up an interesting idea on getting Schaub.

He is a free agent next year and suggested we sit tight this year with BJ and make a serious run for him next year.

Also mentioned he is one of the top west coast style QB's in the league and would be a great fit here in MN.

I for one couldnt agree more and think this would be an incredible move for the Vikings.

vikeswin2005
03-12-2006, 01:56 AM
"Wiggles67" wrote:

He is a free agent next year and suggested we sit tight this year with BJ and make a serious run for him next year.
Also mentioned he is one of the top west coast style QB's in the league and would be a great fit here in MN.

I for one couldnt agree more and think this would be an incredible move for the Vikings.

a "serious" run or a run like we are making at brees or james

i would love to have schaub

UndisputedVike
03-12-2006, 01:58 AM
Eeh...Nah, I say draft a QB or make a serious serious attempt at Bree's.

viks_fan21
03-12-2006, 01:58 AM
Won't he be a restricted FA next year?

skum
03-12-2006, 01:59 AM
I liked that idea too, we dont need Drew Brees.. Matt Schaub is an awesome WCO QB and i would love him as our QB.. however im not so hooked on the JT as backup thingy..

VKG4LFE
03-12-2006, 02:00 AM
I'm not that impressed with Schaub even though he did "kill" the vikings vaunted D last year while replacing Vick! lol

Wiggles67
03-12-2006, 02:08 AM
"viks_fan21" wrote:

Won't he be a restricted FA next year?

http://mb4.scout.com/ffalconsinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=1827.topic

From there it appears he is a a RFA...but I would be willing to give up a second round pick for him this year.

shockzilla
03-12-2006, 02:08 AM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I'm not that impressed with Schaub even though he did "kill" the vikings vaunted D last year while replacing Vick! lol

I think that's the whole deal with Schaub - the Falcons might just keep him in case Vick REALLY starts to suck or gets hurt...

VKG4LFE
03-12-2006, 02:09 AM
Vick does really suck!

SharperVikings
03-12-2006, 02:09 AM
"Wiggles67" wrote:

I kinda hope that we can get him some how this year.....he would no doubt be a great addition! He turns 25 in june....and look at his stats against the patriots this year....the game after ours: 18-34, 298 yds, 3 tds, 0 int!

Wiggles67
03-12-2006, 02:10 AM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Vick does really suck!
shhh...dont tell the falcons that!!!! :cool:

VKG4LFE
03-12-2006, 02:11 AM
Oh I won't! lol I have a horrible feeling that they will figure it out soon!

singersp
03-12-2006, 02:36 AM
Why wait a year for Schaub. If the Vikings want want him, make a trade for him now.

We have some cap space, some draft options & a QB who wants out, so why not consider it?

skum
03-12-2006, 02:39 AM
If we already got a starting QB this year, why pick him up already.. also when we can get him for free next year.. - we just need to be smart and convince him that this is the right place to be.

ejmat
03-12-2006, 02:42 AM
I agree. I would like Shaub on the Vikings. He would be my 2nd choice of QBs. I don't know what we can trade for him though. What do the Falcons need that we have other than draft picks? I would be willing to give up a 2nd rounder this year and something next year.

PurpleManiac
03-12-2006, 02:47 AM
I'd rather have Schaub then Brees. The Falcons ARE looking to move Matt but in return I think they're asking for a 1st rounder....which will never happen. If they were smart they'd okay Culpepper for Schaub. They can line Pep at QB and Vick at RB...or the other way around it doesn't matter because they both suck.

Wiggles67
03-12-2006, 03:00 AM
C-Pep for Schaub....

interesting idea! does atlanta have a lot of cap room?

DaunteHOF
03-12-2006, 05:04 AM
no Schaub, Culpepper

VikesfaninWis
03-12-2006, 05:09 AM
Regardless what happens, we need to address the QB situation right now. We have a almost 38 yo QB that is starting, and while I have confidence in BJ for next season, he is not our long term solution. We have nothing for a backup, wait we have JT O' Sullivan, like I was saying, we have nothing for a backup.

powder8s
03-12-2006, 06:47 AM
Personally, I like the idea of drafting Omar Jacobs in the third round. I think that he is going to be considered a steal at. Obviously, we need to consider a more certain solution at the QB position than Jacobs, but having him as a backup quarterback could give us the option of a back up quarterback with starter potential. Interesting thought if enough of our needs are addressed in free agency.

LuckyVike
03-12-2006, 06:49 AM
"Wiggles67" wrote:

C-Pep for Schaub....

interesting idea! does atlanta have a lot of cap room?

I don't really see why they'd want C-Pep when they have Vick.

I do like the idea of having Schaub though, he's a great player.

i_bleed_purple
03-12-2006, 06:51 AM
"shockzilla" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I think that's the whole deal with Schaub - the Falcons might just keep him in case Vick REALLY starts to suck...

they redid his contract to a $100+ million contract. They will never admit that Vick sucks after doing that. altho he's prone to injuring his knee so if i were them i'd keep schuab. but eventually Schuab's gonna figure out that he could easily start for some teams and may want out.

LuckyVike
03-12-2006, 06:55 AM
"vikeswin2005" wrote:

"Wiggles67" wrote:

a "serious" run or a run like we are making at brees or james

i would love to have schaub

Yea man, the kind of run where we sit on our hands until the 2nd or 3rd week of free agency and hope the players we wanted are still around...

PurpleMafia
03-12-2006, 07:10 AM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

Regardless what happens, we need to address the QB situation right now. We have a almost 38 yo QB that is starting, and while I have confidence in BJ for next season, he is not our long term solution. We have nothing for a backup, wait we have JT O' Sullivan, like I was saying, we have nothing for a backup.

Exactly.

I mean, a RB was needed I guess :???: But QB has to be #1 on the list.

I think Jacobs would be okay, but Id rather have a vet like Brees or even
Kerry Collins??? :shock:

singersp
03-12-2006, 07:47 AM
"skum" wrote:

If we already got a starting QB this year, why pick him up already.. also when we can get him for free next year.. - we just need to be smart and convince him that this is the right place to be.

Because Jt O'Sullivan is our only back up QB. That means the Vikings are in need to pick up one either via FA or the draft.

If we draft one, the Vikes might just sit tight with him next year & pass on Schaub.

PurpleMafia
03-12-2006, 08:26 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"skum" wrote:

Because Jt O'Sullivan is our only back up QB. That means the Vikings are in need to pick up one either via FA or the draft.

If we draft one, the Vikes might just sit tight with him next year & pass on Schaub.

Agreed.