PDA

View Full Version : Its offical: I'm not a fan of Wilf

Eyedea
03-10-2006, 11:04 PM
The whole Daunte Culpepper thing put me over the edge with Wilf and the guys he hired... things I don't agree with that he did:

1. Firing Tice. I know this is a lost cause, trying to persaude people's mind with this one. however, I feel that Tice's last 9 games were a great job coaching. Remember, Tice and McCombs later agreed that Tice wasn't ready for a head coching job when he was hired. Then, he had to deal with a very undermanged team, with very little help from his cordinators. When he was given more help (about the same amount of help most coaches get) from Fazio, and the other guy (forget name right now), the Vikings played much better. Tice had one thing very important-- the belief of his players

2. Hiring Childress. I think Childress is a good coach, but doesn't fit the team. it would have been a good hire if we were rebuilding, but we were a game out of the playoff last year, and should not be rebuilding. He doesn't fit the team becuase he brings with him the west coast offense. I don't think we have the players for the west coast offense/ its not our strength. Culpepper doesn't fit the offense, and he is our most talented offensive player. It seems they signed Childress to build an offense around 37 year old qb Brad Johnson. Does this make any sense? I know Culpepper is hurt, but he still has a better chance of getting us to more superbowls in the next five years. ( i doubt Johnson won't be playing in even 3 years). Defensivly, Wilf probably knew (or should have found out) that Childress would bring in Timlim, and the Tampa 2. We would have to change alot of players on defense to be sucessful with the Tampa 2. We don't have linebackers, we don't have the pass rush (the pass rush makes teh tampa two, and we don't have guys that consitently get to the qb). So now we have to draft/sign playes to fit into this defense. In conclusion, Childress wasnt a good hire because his systems don't fit the team taht we have now. it was Wilf (or Wilf's workers) taht signed Childress.

3. Signing of Fran Foley. Wilf messed up on trying to get hacket, but instead his over aggression scared the Eagles into locking up hacket to a multi year contract. so than he brings in Foley, who I THINK (note this is purely my beliefs) doesnt like culpepper, our star player. And thus wants to trade away our star player. I also don't agree with his moves in free agentcy...

4. Free Agents. Alot of this is based on rumors and speculation, but this is all we have to base Foley on. SO FAR, he has failed to resign free agent Koren Robinson, and made a very risky move in giving burilison a very low contract. IF we lose both these players our options are Randle El, and David Givens. I would rather have both K Rob and Bulison than Randel el or Givens. Another rumor is the signing of Ben Leber. I don't disagree with signing him, but the contract size is just idoitic, i think. He has only shown that he has potental. I havent heard many/ reliable sources reporting the Vikings are agressivly going after players like James, Wetherspoon, and others. As I said before, it hard to base Wilf, and his hirings on Free Agency, but from the rumors, I'm not impressed.

5. Dealing with Daunte Culpepper. It can be debated if the team lied to Culpepper about them shopping him or not. But they never made a true effort at making Culpepper feel they want him. I like that they didn't give into his contract hopes, but now they are giving into him wanting to be traded. Its looking like he will get his wish. This will set a president. Now, if a player doesn't like his contract and wants out, he knows that he could get his wish. This whole situation looks bad for the team too. now, a free agent may not want to come to use because we had some problems with our players.

I know most people won't agree with me, but this is waht i think. I hope you just consider it, and keep it in mind.

DCPologirl
03-10-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm undecided......I really hate this Daunte stuff though I really do , I have my hackles up

Euphman06
03-10-2006, 11:13 PM
A lot of that is speculation and things that may never be able to get proven. Plus Pep didn't really make himself look good to the new guys in charge. A pay raise after a bad bad year? Sounds like something fishy was going on with Pep himself and not that organization. You have your right to your own view and im not shooting you down, but realize these guys know a lot more about football than me and you both ever will I'm sure, (I'm not calling you dumb) but it's a business and I would have no clue how to run it. I'm waiting to make my judgements about this staff till after FA and how we play next season.

olson_10
03-10-2006, 11:14 PM
Daunte never made it clear that he wanted to be in minnesota until AFTER the public found out about his rediculous demands..for everything that is said about how wilf handled culpeppers situation, there is something daunte has done to deteriorate the situation as well..fact of the matter is, daunte doesnt want to be here..dauntes idea of not being wanted is the vikings not giving him an extra 10 mil..you always listen to offers for players, no matter who they are..the timberwolves were listening to offers for kevin garnett all year long..that doesnt mean a guy is being "shopped"..if somebody calls and makes a good offer to you, you listen, that doesnt mean you intend to make that trade..people need to realize there is a fine line between shopping somebody, and listening to offers..shopping somebody is making offers to other teams because you do not want that player..listening to offers is simply picking up the phone to possibly consider proposed deals..when you are listening to offers, you are not going out of your way to get rid of the guy, you intend on him being there, unless you get a great offer that cant be refused..i dont think wilf did anything wrong at all..as far as we all know, there are no reports that we made offers to other teams, just reports of their offers to us..if your idea of handling a situation the wrong way is by declining a players non deserved request for a free unearned 10 million dollars coming straight off of a potential career ending injury, then you need to rethink how you would react in zygi's situation..you cant tell me that you would refuse to answer your phone when teams are making offers for that obnoxious player that will be unhappy as long as you arent paying him the money he wants

olson_10
03-10-2006, 11:17 PM
hey why dont we bring back red? come on, you arent a fan of wilf..lets have red come back and move the team to san antonio! awesome idea!..if you do not support a guy that is spending millions and millions of dollars out of his own pocket to keep this team in minnesota forever, then you should not be a vikings fan..i suppose you hate the fact that he said "we are going to spend the money necessary to win"..we dont have Krob signed because he is asking for rediculous money..we will get burleson signed long term..its hard ball, you have to realize that not everyone gets signed instantly..you have to look at market value and so on..besides, we can match any offers for either of those 2 guys

Prophet
03-10-2006, 11:18 PM
I'm still undecided, since I don't have much to judge him with yet. But here are a few reasons that I'm optimistic about the future.

But the reasons I like him so far are:

1. He fired Tice.

2. He hired a coach with a lot of potential (jury is still out on him though)

3. He spends money and is devoted to creating a winning franchise that has character.

4. Free Agents. It hasn't even started yet, I am confident they will do a great job in this area.

5. Culpepper. Let the spineless self-absorbed walk.

olson_10
03-10-2006, 11:22 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

I'm still undecided, since I don't have much to judge him with yet. But here are a few reasons that I'm optimistic about the future.

1. He fired Tice.

3. He spends money and is devoted to creating a winning franchise that has character.

4. Free Agents. It hasn't even started yet, I am confident they will do a great job in this area.

great point..i just cant figure out why so many people seem to object to having a class organization..i guess they just preferred the way red used to run things

vikeswin2005
I know this sux right now but I think we ALL need to just chill and wait over the next few weeks and see how "he" "they" whatever attacks the fa market only time will tell
do remember though:
- we still have a team (minnesota)
- trying to get a new stadium
- willing to spend money (we will see)
- not leaking our strategy all over (frustarating to us fans --but do we want the other 31 teams knowing what we are doing)

wyorob
Wilf has not even moved into his new house yet..Let the welcome commity do there thing and lets see what unfolds. To come down on wilf this early is just weird?

Del Rio
03-10-2006, 11:23 PM
Tice wasn't fired he just wasn't rehired.

Childress hasn't even had an opportunity to coach a game yet, how can you judge him, how does he not fit the team.

He is going to spend.

He is going to get a stadium made.

Culpepper wants out, not much you can do about it.

Roles
03-10-2006, 11:23 PM
"olson_10" wrote:

hey why dont we bring back red? come on, you arent a fan of wilf..lets have red come back and move the team to san antonio! awesome idea!..if you do not support a guy that is spending millions and millions of dollars out of his own pocket to keep this team in minnesota forever, then you should not be a vikings fan..i suppose you hate the fact that he said "we are going to spend the money necessary to win"..we dont have Krob signed because he is asking for rediculous money..we will get burleson signed long term..its hard ball, you have to realize that not everyone gets signed instantly..you have to look at market value and so on..besides, we can match any offers for either of those 2 guys

Here here...Wifly is making a championship team...How many times did we make the superbowl with Red at the reigns?

vikeswin2005
03-10-2006, 11:25 PM
"Roles" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

Here here...Wifly is making a championship team...How many times did we make the superbowl with Red at the reigns?
i think that was sarcasm

vikings11_27
03-10-2006, 11:26 PM
"olson_10" wrote:

Daunte never made it clear that he wanted to be in minnesota until AFTER the public found out about his rediculous demands..for everything that is said about how wilf handled culpeppers situation, there is something daunte has done to deteriorate the situation as well..fact of the matter is, daunte doesnt want to be here..dauntes idea of not being wanted is the vikings not giving him an extra 10 mil..you always listen to offers for players, no matter who they are..the timberwolves were listening to offers for kevin garnett all year long..that doesnt mean a guy is being "shopped"..if somebody calls and makes a good offer to you, you listen, that doesnt mean you intend to make that trade..people need to realize there is a fine line between shopping somebody, and listening to offers..shopping somebody is making offers to other teams because you do not want that player..listening to offers is simply picking up the phone to possibly consider proposed deals..when you are listening to offers, you are not going out of your way to get rid of the guy, you intend on him being there, unless you get a great offer that cant be refused..i dont think wilf did anything wrong at all..as far as we all know, there are no reports that we made offers to other teams, just reports of their offers to us..if your idea of handling a situation the wrong way is by declining a players non deserved request for a free unearned 10 million dollars coming straight off of a potential career ending injury, then you need to rethink how you would react in zygi's situation..you cant tell me that you would refuse to answer your phone when teams are making offers for that obnoxious player that will be unhappy as long as you arent paying him the money he wants

exactly what i was thining. Wilf has done nothing wrong:

1. Tice was a terrible oach and had no control over the team. i.e. superbowl scalping, boat party.

2. How does hiring a coach from a successful offense become a rebuilding move?

3. Fran Foley has done nothing except signing offord :grin: and whittle, so its unfair to rate him, even though his ties with san diego could pursuede Brees to come here :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

4. Koren Robinson is one of my favourite players, but he doesnt have good hands and the west coast offense is all about great hands. I don't think that koren is asking for a resonable amount of money to be a backup reciever/kick returner.

5. He is not getitng out of his countract, he just wants a fresh start, and i think a trade would be good for both sides.

Basically, Eyedea, nothing you said makes and sense or has any merit. Plus wilf appeently is willing to spend a hell of a lot more than old Red was.

Roles
03-10-2006, 11:27 PM
"vikeswin2005" wrote:

"Roles" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

Red bad...Wifly is making a championship team...How many times did we make the superbowl with Red at the reigns?
i think that was sarcasm

I understand that and was agreeing with the sarcasm.

NordicNed
03-10-2006, 11:30 PM
I respect your opinion, everyone has a right to that. At least the last time I checked, I still live in America..

But let me say this, I'm sick and tired of not having a winning team, always waiting for this one to do this or this one to do that.

I said right after the boat incident, that we where going to see some dramatic changes, if I didn't please let me know now. I know for a fact I did. Wilf has a dream, as does Childress and so do I for that fact. MY dream is to see us bring home that big ass trophy so we can all hold it high and say" there, eat my shorts....."

I think this team has needed some drastic changes in the way we play as a team, players and coaches, management...Hell the whole kit and cabodall.

I've always supported the team as a whole, yes everyone has their favorite players and there are times that change will hurt some more than others. But as a fan, I cheer for only ONE TEAM.....

Wilf is the owener, Childress is our Head Coach, I back them and trust in them. I think it takes balls to do what their doing, they obviously feel like I have for awhile now... Things aren't working the way they should, so maybe it's time for a change. If that means letting some people go that maybe don't fit your ideas, so be it, bring in those who do.

I'm going to see how this season goes before I grade anybody, but I'll give them a thumbs up so far for having the nuts to do it their way, and I'm sure they want to win as much as any of us do..

Now lets get out there and build a winner............

whackthepack
03-10-2006, 11:30 PM
"Eyedea" wrote:

The whole Daunte Culpepper thing put me over the edge with Wilf and the guys he hired... things I don't agree with that he did:

1. Firing Tice. I know this is a lost cause, trying to persaude people's mind with this one. however, I feel that Tice's last 9 games were a great job coaching. Remember, Tice and McCombs later agreed that Tice wasn't ready for a head coching job when he was hired. Then, he had to deal with a very undermanged team, with very little help from his cordinators. When he was given more help (about the same amount of help most coaches get) from Fazio, and the other guy (forget name right now), the Vikings played much better. Tice had one thing very important-- the belief of his players

2. Hiring Childress. I think Childress is a good coach, but doesn't fit the team. it would have been a good hire if we were rebuilding, but we were a game out of the playoff last year, and should not be rebuilding. He doesn't fit the team becuase he brings with him the west coast offense. I don't think we have the players for the west coast offense/ its not our strength. Culpepper doesn't fit the offense, and he is our most talented offensive player. It seems they signed Childress to build an offense around 37 year old qb Brad Johnson. Does this make any sense? I know Culpepper is hurt, but he still has a better chance of getting us to more superbowls in the next five years. ( i doubt Johnson won't be playing in even 3 years). Defensivly, Wilf probably knew (or should have found out) that Childress would bring in Timlim, and the Tampa 2. We would have to change alot of players on defense to be sucessful with the Tampa 2. We don't have linebackers, we don't have the pass rush (the pass rush makes teh tampa two, and we don't have guys that consitently get to the qb). So now we have to draft/sign playes to fit into this defense. In conclusion, Childress wasnt a good hire because his systems don't fit the team taht we have now. it was Wilf (or Wilf's workers) taht signed Childress.

3. Signing of Fran Foley. Wilf messed up on trying to get hacket, but instead his over aggression scared the Eagles into locking up hacket to a multi year contract. so than he brings in Foley, who I THINK (note this is purely my beliefs) doesnt like culpepper, our star player. And thus wants to trade away our star player. I also don't agree with his moves in free agentcy...

4. Free Agents. Alot of this is based on rumors and speculation, but this is all we have to base Foley on. SO FAR, he has failed to resign free agent Koren Robinson, and made a very risky move in giving burilison a very low contract. IF we lose both these players our options are Randle El, and David Givens. I would rather have both K Rob and Bulison than Randel el or Givens. Another rumor is the signing of Ben Leber. I don't disagree with signing him, but the contract size is just idoitic, i think. He has only shown that he has potental. I havent heard many/ reliable sources reporting the Vikings are agressivly going after players like James, Wetherspoon, and others. As I said before, it hard to base Wilf, and his hirings on Free Agency, but from the rumors, I'm not impressed.

5. Dealing with Daunte Culpepper. It can be debated if the team lied to Culpepper about them shopping him or not. But they never made a true effort at making Culpepper feel they want him. I like that they didn't give into his contract hopes, but now they are giving into him wanting to be traded. Its looking like he will get his wish. This will set a president. Now, if a player doesn't like his contract and wants out, he knows that he could get his wish. This whole situation looks bad for the team too. now, a free agent may not want to come to use because we had some problems with our players.

I know most people won't agree with me, but this is waht i think. I hope you just consider it, and keep it in mind.

Oh no, Wilf will be devastated! How will he sleep at night!

Why don't you read through all the Daunte threads, and when you are done you will realize that Daunte has been basically trying to get thrown out of Minnesota since the first part of December!

He is going to be traded, and that is reality deal with it! The same with the Moss trade, it is done!

Whining about your opinion that Daunte was unfairly treated after 1,000 posts have been discussing it for the last 3 days is pointless!

How Wilf dealt with Tice is his business it is his TEAM! And you can not say Tice is blameless for getting fired!

Philly heard we were interested in their guy in Philly and resigned him, how did Wilf screw that up?

FA has not even started yet, wait a week and see what happens!

shawn9876uss
03-10-2006, 11:31 PM
I personally like wilf, I also want to wait until after FA to see what happens, you don't know what goes on behind the scenes, and PEP brought this on himself

NodakPaul
03-10-2006, 11:31 PM
OK, you are entitled to your opinion but your reasons seem weak to me.

"Eyedea" wrote:

You don't think the fact that we crappy teams in 6 of those 9 games helped? Of the other three, we got our butts kicked in two and the win over the Giants wasn't anything to brag about. I fail to see the "great job coaching" that you do.

"Eyedea" wrote:

Actually we really only need an upgrade at linebacker and DE to pull off the Cover 2 defense. And we needed upgrades there anyway. You said it yourself: "we don't have the pass rush". It doesn't matter what defensive scheme you are in, you always need a pass rush. Remember, we tend to average in the lower 20's in rank defensively every year. It was time for a change.

And it was Culpepper who forced the trade, not management.

"Eyedea" wrote:

Why do you think Foley doesn't like Pep? Actually there are more rumors out there about Pep not liking Childress because he felt he got snubbed by him in the draft...

And you use the phrase star player several times. This isn't an individual game... it is a team sport. We have several other big names on our team that are just as important as Pep (i.e. Sharper, K-Rob, the Williams brothers, Mount McKinney, etc...)

"Eyedea" wrote:

Man, FA hasn't even started yet and you are trying to grade Foley on our pickups? He hasn't failed at anything yet with K-Rob or Burly. The Vikes are letting them test the market to determine their worth. This isn't a great free agency for WR or RB, and both positions are fairly deep in the draft. Odds are neither one will pull huge numbers, and the Vikes can keep whatever WR they want for a good price. And the rumor about Leber is idiotic. Their is no contract yet. There cannot be until FA starts. Don't believe everything you hear. And finally, just log onto ESPN.com or NFL.com and you will see plenty of information about aggressive the Vikes are expected to be in FA. If Indy doesn't resign Edge, we are the most likely spot for him to land...

"Eyedea" wrote:

When it comes to FA, $$$ talks and BS walks. This will have no effect on our FAs. Besides, what this did is show the players that throwing tantrums will not get you a bigger contract. Daunte did something stupid, and now he is going to suffer the consequences. I also think the team made more of an effort than Daunte did, but of course this could get back to the idea that Daunte has a problem with Childress...

cajunvike
03-10-2006, 11:32 PM
I will reserve judgment on Wilf until the end of this season...that way, I can see what all of his machinations have yielded for our team. I don't necessarily expect a Super Bowl after one year (though I would gladly take it), but I do expect to see progress. After that, I will continue to expect progress from his organization in order for me to be satisfied with his ownership.

Bottom line...if we don't have a Super Bowl trophy in FIVE years, then I will turn against Wilf. It's simple...no results, no respect!!!

That is why I HATE Red *blows goats* McCombs!!!

olson_10
03-10-2006, 11:33 PM
hey, if we deal pep for a pick, we get even more cap space

bleedpurple27
03-10-2006, 11:36 PM
It's all so new, and everything seems to be happening so fast. I'll say that I DO like the direction that it SEEMS this team is going. I like the fact that they have cleaned house. I like the fact that they're not willing to accept a member of the organazation (culppeper) to break ranks. I like the fact that they're not leaking out what they plan to do in free agency or the draft and yea, maybe they haven't handled the Tice and Culpepper situations the best....but we're only hearing part of the story, and even if they have been looking into trading Culpepper....so what....I would hope that the Vikings would be looking at every possible avenue to improve this team...no matter whose feelings might get hurt. And please..lets quit making Daunte out as the victim here...starting with his poor play, the boat scandle in which he stated that he had nothing to do with, his injury and now the emails to the media....he's far from the victim here.

Roles
Come on...what Vikings fan out there isn't just a little bit excited about this season. We have all watched the Red era, and to see all the changes that are happening now....I can't wait. I believe some more major changes will happen within the FA. Let's see how Wilf dances before the judgement...and you are telling me if you were in charge you wouldn't "clean house." There is a reason the coaches were the lowest paid in the NFL.

olson_10
"Del Rio" wrote:

Childress hasn't even had an opportunity to coach a game yet, how can you judge him, how does he not fit the team.

He is going to spend.

that alone should be reason for the guy who made this thread to take back his comments..that stadium is going to keep the team in minnesota forever..but i guess since he hates wilf so much, he wouldnt mind red buying the team back and moving them to san antonio

NordicNed
03-10-2006, 11:38 PM
I respect your opinion, everyone has a right to that. At least the last time I checked, I still live in America..

But let me say this, I'm sick and tired of not having a winning team, always waiting for this one to do this or this one to do that.

I said right after the boat incident, that we where going to see some dramatic changes, if I didn't please let me know now. I know for a fact I did. Wilf has a dream, as does Childress and so do I for that fact. MY dream is to see us bring home that big jiggly butt trophy so we can all hold it high and say" there, eat my shorts....."

I think this team has needed some drastic changes in the way we play as a team, players and coaches, management...Hell the whole kit and cabodall.

I've always supported the team as a whole, yes everyone has their favorite players and there are times that change will hurt some more than others. But as a fan, I cheer for only ONE TEAM.....

Wilf is the owener, Childress is our Head Coach, I back them and trust in them. I think it takes balls to do what their doing, they obviously feel like I have for awhile now... Things aren't working the way they should, so maybe it's time for a change. If that means letting some people go that maybe don't fit your ideas, so be it, bring in those who do.

I'm going to see how this season goes before I grade anybody, but I'll give them a thumbs up so far for having the nuts to do it their way, and I'm sure they want to win as much as any of us do..

Now lets get out there and build a winner............

RK.
03-10-2006, 11:39 PM
I disagree with just about everything you said Eyedea.

Tice was a crappy coach and we would have ended up as a 500 team again if we had to have played the real Bears at the end of the season.
Childress is exactly what we need if we want to move beyond 500 seasons.

Second we have not had a star on this team since Moss left. With the possible exception of Sharper. But no one on offense. IMO it was Moss that made CP a star.

Do you really think the Eagles were going to be tricked into losing Hacket?? That's just silly.

They treated CP well I thought. The fact that CP wanted to be treated like a prima donna is his BS. I don't blame Wilf for not doing that. If a player says "I don't want to play for you any more" you can't put them back on the field. You have to get rid of them. That's just the way it is. The truth is IMO, Daunte doesn't want to learn how to be a WCO QB. In fact I don't think he could ever master the 3 step drop and shoot. He has never shown that he can do that. I think that has a lot to do with his wanting to leave. I think he knew he would probably lose his starting job to BJ anyway.

snowinapril
03-10-2006, 11:39 PM
I will try not to turn this into a DC thread.

I can agree about Wilf. That article some thought was Hate from the newspaper in MN, was actually right up your argument's alley.

The TOA in the front office wasn't willing to talk or make DC sure of his job.

Compete for the starting job, oh you are our franchise player.

We aren't going to renegotiate your contract, but we are going to give you your bonus.

IMO, anything this controversial is going to open Wilf up to much criticism. Trading away the star player, the face of the Vikings, the second face to leave in the last 2 years, is controversial. HOT SEAT!

IMO, if they want to trade DC, they need to get something significant for him or make a play for a named QB (draft or FA). But in all honesty they tried to pull the wool over my eyes last year, I didn't buy it. They can justify it anyway they want. New management, Moss was a problem, Moss was a distraction, it was all Red's fault, Wilf had to have known and OK'd it. That could have set the whole deal off if Wilf wasn't privy to the info about Toss away Moss. I for one will not be a happy camper if that happens to DC and us.

We are the stupid sheep and we will be lead anywhere they lead us. The sad part is we are thought of as sheep. DC and Moss are apparently

Good luck with the stadium!

olson_10
03-10-2006, 11:40 PM
heres the deal..have the new england patriots had any problems with guys coming in every season whining about their contract? no..and now that we got rid of the idiot that was doing that, we can go about with a classy organization just like kraft has done with new england..higher rate of success for teams that avoid these problems..just look at the eagles..they had the TO issue, their entire team offensively and defensively is merely a shell of what used to be because of problem guys like owens..we get rid of our problems and move on with everybody on board happy, and willing to work together under zygi..i prefer this over having our starting QB unhappy and grumpy all year long because he didnt get his unearned 10 mil

olson_10
03-10-2006, 11:43 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

I will try not to turn this into a DC thread.

I can agree about Wilf. That article some thought was Hate from the newspaper in MN, was actually right up your argument's alley.

The TOA in the front office wasn't willing to talk or make DC sure of his job.

Compete for the starting job, oh you are our franchise player.

We aren't going to renegotiate your contract, but we are going to give you your bonus.

IMO, anything this controversial is going to open Wilf up to much criticism. Trading away the star player, the face of the Vikings, the second face to leave in the last 2 years, is controversial. HOT SEAT!

IMO, if they want to trade DC, they need to get something significant for him or make a play for a named QB (draft or FA). But in all honesty they tried to pull the wool over my eyes last year, I didn't buy it. They can justify it anyway they want. New management, Moss was a problem, Moss was a distraction, it was all Red's fault, Wilf had to have known and OK'd it. That could have set the whole deal off if Wilf wasn't privy to the info about Toss away Moss. I for one will not be a happy camper if that happens to DC and us.

We are the stupid sheep and we will be lead anywhere they lead us. The sad part is we are thought of as sheep. DC and Moss are apparently

Good luck with the stadium!
i dont see tom brady or hines ward having crazy drunken boat sex..move on, find a new "face" and have everybody on this team happy and willing to be here..i want people who value putting on the vikings uniform, not guys like daunte who took their leadership role to be a total joke

snowinapril
03-10-2006, 11:45 PM
"olson_10" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

1. He fired Tice.

great point..i just cant figure out why so many people seem to object to having a class organization..i guess they just preferred the way red used to run things

What exactly has he spent money on?? Weren't last years FA under the old regime/new regime?

We haven't seen anything yet really?

Like I said, I am waiting to see what we get in return for DC and for new FA in the offseason before making my judgement on Wilf. Right now, I am closer to eyedea than most of you. Wilf will have to do some wooing.

olson_10
03-10-2006, 11:47 PM
do you honestly think those moves red made werent first approved by wilf?

Ltrey33
03-10-2006, 11:48 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

1. He fired Tice.

Couldn't have said it better myself Prophet.

Prophet
03-10-2006, 11:50 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

1. He fired Tice.

What exactly has he spent money on?? Weren't last years FA under the old regime/new regime?

We haven't seen anything yet really?

Like I said, I am waiting to see what we get in return for DC and for new FA in the offseason before making my judgement on Wilf. Right now, I am closer to eyedea than most of you. Wilf will have to do some wooing.

For starters, a billion dollars of his own coin toward a new stadium. He has said numerous times that he will do what it takes to build a winning franchise and he shows that he has no problem spending the coin.

The changes are good. Painful, but good. I'm a fan of the Vikings, and whomever happens to wear the colors. If they don't respect the team, walk. Right now I would put Wilf near the top of owners without my purple shades on. He hit the ground running at the end of the season and built a coaching staff when most other teams were still sitting around wondering what to do. He started out neutral to me and has gone up slightly. We shall see.

NodakPaul
03-10-2006, 11:50 PM

i don't know, sounds from your previous posts like you already passed judgement to me...

snowinapril
03-10-2006, 11:52 PM
"olson_10" wrote:

heres the deal..have the new england patriots had any problems with guys coming in every season whining about their contract? no..and now that we got rid of the idiot that was doing that, we can go about with a classy organization just like kraft has done with new england..higher rate of success for teams that avoid these problems..just look at the eagles..they had the TO issue, their entire team offensively and defensively is merely a shell of what used to be because of problem guys like owens..we get rid of our problems and move on with everybody on board happy, and willing to work together under zygi..i prefer this over having our starting QB unhappy and grumpy all year long because he didnt get his unearned 10 mil

It is unfair to make those assumptions and call the guy an idiot over something that we know nothing about really. We haven't been privy to any info inside the org. I have a feeling that both DC and The Vike Org have only let us hear the bits and pieces that they want us to hear to try and make their side look the best.

DC was promised a sit down!

He got it and eventually said that he would honor his contract (he didn't have any other choice).

Even the last thing he said was he would honor his contract. He didn't pull any hold out (yet).

It is so easy to condemn, it is more difficult to keep an open mind.

Too many want to take the easy way out, less strain on the membrain

Eyedea
03-11-2006, 12:05 AM
"olson_10" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

He is going to spend.

that alone should be reason for the guy who made this thread to take back his comments..that stadium is going to keep the team in minnesota forever..but i guess since he hates wilf so much, he wouldnt mind red buying the team back and moving them to san antonio

oh, since del says hes going to get it done, then it will get done. I see, since Del is the one voting on the stadium...

From the things I've read, a stadium in the next five years is very unlikely...

ultravikingfan
03-11-2006, 12:09 AM
"Eyedea" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

He is going to spend.

oh, since del says hes going to get it done, then it will get done. I see, since Del is the one voting on the stadium...

From the things I've read, a stadium in the next five years is very unlikely...

No, Del has a nice stockpile of lumber and shingles. He is going to get it done.

triedandtruevikesfan
03-11-2006, 12:12 AM
He's better then Red so far, and I think its way too soon to judge him. He's only had 1 season.

snowinapril
03-11-2006, 12:15 AM
He says he is going to spend the money on the stadium, I believe him. He also has a lot to gain by this.

But has he spent anything yet?

People hold him up on a pedestal like he has done wonders and has spent money on this team to make it better. Not only that, but they are acting like we have reaped benefit off of it too.

I will give him his props for being aggressive and getting a jump on the other teams for a coaching staff.

It seems to me he has a long term vision, I like that idea. But I am sick of people trying to tell me that he has done a lot for us at this point. That remains to be seen. He could have just dug a 6 foot hole for us for the next 5 years for all we know. We are this close to being the next Detroit Lions.

Moss was the scapegoat last year.
Tice was the scapegoat(justified to me) and now you can add to DC to it also.

It is ok to have an opinion. Like I said, at this point, I feel like we are getting screwed and I have lost some trust in the front office, that includes Wilf. And like I said, the DC trade, will go a long ways in how I will feel from here on out. If we get something good, I will have more respect for the front office, but if we dump him like we did Moss, then I will be upset and I will hold Wilf and the front office responsible for a bad decision.

At this point, pull a Marcus Allen with DC if you can't get anything worth while for him. I don't care. Sit him on the Pine if he doesn't want to compete and play for the Vikes, he is under contract we have BJ.

CrazyVikingsFan
03-11-2006, 12:16 AM
You know what wilfy is in his first season as an owner and he bought a undiciplined team. he set new rules which is good. the franchise player is a distraction and he is taking care of him. everything he has done so far has been in favor of the team to be realistic. plus he has vowed to win a championship and i kno as well as you kno that no other owner of the vikings have accomplished that so until i see that he will not fufill that promise i am just perfectly fine with Wilf!!!

Eyedea
03-11-2006, 12:17 AM
Another very questionable thing about the Culpepper situation. Wilf and co. have said they will get a deal done by saturday. Now, if your another team, you know they really really want to get rid of this guy, so they may take a trade that is unfair. saying we have to trade this player is not wise.

Remember, players have spoken against the trade of Culpepper. guys like Bryant McKinnie have said that if he was traded, his chances of resigning next year will be very low...

to clearify some things on Childress...

I think he is a good coach, but not for the players we have. Lets go through the playes that won't fit on Childress new scemes:

Daunte Culpepper: hes more of a 5 step dropback and wing it to the open guy. not the best fit for a quick drop and pass...

Koren Robinson: our best reciever last year. as someone said before, he may not have the best hands to play in the wco.

Keith Newman: our best linebacker from last year. too slow to drop back in coverage.

Sam cowert: starter last year is also too slow

those are four guys that probably won't be with the team next year, partially because they dont fit Childress's team. one was a three time pro bowler, two were the best we had at that postion, and one was a valible vetren starter

DarrinNelsonguy
03-11-2006, 12:20 AM
How can you form an opinion he has not even had the team for a full season and he already shows more class and tact the Red ever did.

snowinapril
03-11-2006, 12:20 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

i don't know, sounds from your previous posts like you already passed judgement to me...

This will have a lot to do with whether or not the stadium will get built.

If we go out and stink it up next year, that stadium wil be more difficult to build and it will totally ruin the Wilf has spent money argument on the stadium. Being willing is one thing, actually being able to spend that money is another. I am not saying he doesn't have the intention to spend it, but only that he may never get the chance.

Wilf will have to do more than treat me and the other fans of MN like a packer fan's sheep, I don't want that kind of wooing. We already got that from Red, who coined the phrase "Purple Pride" (so he says).

Eyedea
03-11-2006, 12:21 AM
another free agency misstep, IMO: Vikings lift transition tag on B. williams...

our second best corner last year, and is still young. Also, it seemed to put a fire under Fred Smoot, who reportedly worked out for the first time in the NFL, and gained 10+ pounds of muscle. I would rather have Williams over any other free agent CB out there (law, woodson...)

Lungshot
03-11-2006, 12:26 AM
I think Wilf is the best thing that ever happened to this team.He's wants a Dynasty and nothing less than one...Enuff said! :shock:

Eyedea
03-11-2006, 12:28 AM
"Lungshot" wrote:

I think Wilf is the best thing that ever happened to this team.He's wants a Dynasty and nothing less than one...Enuff said! :shock:

theres no doubt he will do what ever it takes to get the championship, but I disagree with the ways he is going about it.

I also this it is unfair to compare Wilf to McCombs, just because McCombs is just one owner, you should compare wilf to the 'average'/typical owner.

snowinapril
03-11-2006, 12:37 AM
"Eyedea" wrote:

our second best corner last year, and is still young. Also, it seemed to put a fire under Fred Smoot, who reportedly worked out for the first time in the NFL, and gained 10+ pounds of muscle. I would rather have Williams over any other free agent CB out there (law, woodson...)

I am glad they got this one right.

If they let DC go "because he doesn't want to be here." They must do the same for B-Will. No one brought that up.

MensaTice
03-11-2006, 12:38 AM
Thanks for making it official with this announcement. I can't stand it in the offseason when everything is conjecture. Now that we have this official announcement we can start moving forward and Wilf can either apologize or cut his to with Eyedea.

vikingTurf
03-11-2006, 12:38 AM
"Eyedea" wrote:

"Lungshot" wrote:

theres no doubt he will do what ever it takes to get the championship, but I disagree with the ways he is going about it.

I also this it is unfair to compare Wilf to McCombs, just because McCombs is just one owner, you should compare wilf to the 'average'/typical owner.
Agreed with ur point there, just because McCombs was so cheap a$$ owner, any other average owner would be seen better in comparison to him. but I personally still give my vote of confidence to Zygi, sure it demands a lot of trust from the fan's perspective's but Zygi seems to have that desire to build a championship team and I am willing to give him time and see what are the outcomes. If I have slightest doubts about anything, it's Childress, for some reason I am little skeptical about him.

vegasvike
03-11-2006, 12:40 AM
"olson_10" wrote:

i dont see tom brady or hines ward having crazy drunken boat sex..move on, find a new "face" and have everybody on this team happy and willing to be here..i want people who value putting on the vikings uniform, not guys like daunte who took their leadership role to be a total joke

Well why didn't you stop him while you were on the boat? I mean after all the charge against Pep is a misdemeanor for getting a lap dance, shit it's been made public BY THE MEDIA but you still insist on saying that he was having drunken sex. I really wish you would have put your camera down and told him "Look Daunte, you are a professional athlete! Upstanding people who do no wrong, such as myself, will not tolerate this! Now get that young lady off your lap because we all know that unprotected lap dancing can cause unwanted children!" you are such a hypocrite. How can a racist REALLY talk about being decent?

Eyedea
03-11-2006, 12:41 AM
"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

How can you form an opinion he has not even had the team for a full season and he already shows more class and tact the Red ever did.

You have an opinion on him, right? than how did you get it?

Prophet
03-11-2006, 12:44 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"Eyedea" wrote:

If they let DC go "because he doesn't want to be here." They must do the same for B-Will. No one brought that up.

Just like you alluded to earlier, it's too early to tell. I'm choosing to be optimistic. We will see the team that they put on the field, and, more importantly, what they do with that team this coming season. Until then, all the moves and if they are good or bad are all speculation. I just wish we could be involved in the 'big picture' so we could see their plans. It's tough to piece anything together with the bits of information and misinformation that are fed to the fans.

Eyedea
03-11-2006, 12:44 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"Eyedea" wrote:

I actually just thought of that contradiction. However, my thought is that you shouldnt always give into the player.

Eyedea
03-11-2006, 12:47 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

"Eyedea" wrote:

Just like you alluded to earlier, it's too early to tell. I'm choosing to be optimistic. We will see the team that they put on the field, and, more importantly, what they do with that team this coming season. Until then, all the moves and if they are good or bad are all speculation. I just wish we could be involved in the 'big picture' so we could see their plans. It's tough to piece anything together with the bits of information and misinformation that are fed to the fans.

you do have a point. If you start out grading a guy with an A+, and wait till he does something bad to change that, or you can start out giving him an F, and wait till he does something good.

I feel started giving him a B, and with firing tice, hireing Childress, dealing with DC, he has dropped down to a C.

snowinapril
03-11-2006, 12:49 AM
"vegasvike" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

Well why didn't you stop him while you were on the boat? I mean after all the charge against Pep is a misdemeanor for getting a lap dance, pooh it's been made public BY THE MEDIA but you still insist on saying that he was having drunken sex. I really wish you would have put your camera down and told him "Look Daunte, you are a professional athlete! Upstanding people who do no wrong, such as myself, will not tolerate this! Now get that young lady off your lap because we all know that unprotected lap dancing can cause unwanted children!" you are such a hypocrite. How can a racist REALLY talk about being decent?

LMAO! I wish I would have thought of that.

The last sentence is not something I support. After laying it to him, you just pointed the finger back at yourself as someone that places labels on others. I am not holding it against you, just pointing it out as food for thought.

collegeguyjeff
03-11-2006, 12:57 AM
i think wilf and the management is awesome they are cleaning out the garbage. people wanna whine about how were getting rid of daunte. sad thing is those people arn't in the locker rooms during games/practice and they don't deal with the management so they might as well shut their holes cause they don't know everything thats going on.

and what i think is great is how quiet the team is about what they are doing. they throw some smoke screens out there, then the guys on espn are guessing more and more about what we are doing and try to speculate. then all of a sudden the vikings say yeah we want to trade daunte asap and the sport writers are amazed cause it came out of nowhere.

snowinapril
03-11-2006, 12:57 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

I may not sound as optimistic, but that stems from this whole DC/Front office thing coming off as a big pissing contest. As far as I am concerned for the amount of info we have at this time, they both have pretty big weiners that they can be proud of and they are pissing far at about the same distance. People (adults) eventually get over arguments and come to their senses.

I understand and have stated that the proof is in the pudding and we both know that won't be ready to sample until they get back on the field.

I also wish we knew more info.

snowinapril
03-11-2006, 01:01 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

i think wilf and the management is awesome they are cleaning out the garbage. people wanna whine about how were getting rid of daunte. sad thing is those people arn't in the locker rooms during games/practice and they don't deal with the management so they might as well shut their holes cause they don't know everything thats going on.

And you were???? In the locker room?? Or thinking about shutting your hole??

Everyone has a right to there opinion, step back please b4 implying that people shouldn't have an opinion that differs from yours.

vegasvike
03-11-2006, 01:05 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

yeah but that goes on both parts you know? for everyone that is taking Wilf's side Pep supporters can say the same thing. i just want what's good for the team if letting Pep go will get us a SB trophy, so be it but I think what has alot more fans upset is (I am not speaking for evryone) if wilf can say one week that Pep WILL be in the future of the VIKINGS and as soon as he's done saying that contact other teams about a trade for him, can we trust wilf?

Webby
03-11-2006, 01:09 AM
I think a few folks need to chill a little! Seriously!

Wilf didn't decide to deal Pep, Pep brought it on, and thats a widely held and accepted assessment of it. Right or wrong, he said he wasn't comfortable in MN anymore....funniest thing is he mentions the fans don't support him. You guys bashed him all fall, calling him a moron, and NOW that you got your wish, you are bashing the next guy in line. Slow down!

Its not like Wilf went and pissed in his beer and giggled about it with Childress. Conspiracy theories are nothing more than offseason humor.

snowinapril
03-11-2006, 01:18 AM
"Webby" wrote:

Its not like Wilf went and pissed in his beer and giggled about it with Childress. Conspiracy theories are nothing more than offseason humor.

Do you have proof of that, that it didn't happen? :grin:

Sorry webby, I am done here in this thread!

Later!!

Webby
03-11-2006, 01:31 AM
LOL, see ya SIA.

VikesfaninWis
03-11-2006, 01:40 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

1. He fired Tice.

I am just going to save some typing here......... What she said :grin:

purplegang
03-11-2006, 01:42 AM
If I were wilf . I would sit on culpper instead of trading him for a bs pick. if he lets him go for a conditional pick I wont be a fan of his.

Eyedea
03-11-2006, 01:48 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

and what i think is great is how quiet the team is about what they are doing. they throw some smoke screens out there, then the guys on espn are guessing more and more about what we are doing and try to speculate. then all of a sudden the vikings say yeah we want to trade daunte asap and the sport writers are amazed cause it came out of nowhere.

how do you know what they are doing it 'right'? are you in the locker room?

magicci
03-11-2006, 01:52 AM
"Eyedea" wrote:

i agree with all your ideas eyedea (pun intended) im really frustrated with the organazation right now, and i also hate fran foley and his multiple chins

vegasvike
03-11-2006, 01:55 AM
"magicci" wrote:

i agree with all your ideas eyedea (pun intended) im really frustrated with the organazation right now, and i also hate fran foley and his multiple chins

come on now you cant hate ALL of his chins can you? there must be one of them that you like. :lol:

TwTom
03-11-2006, 02:02 AM
All I can say is this:

Only one team in the last 7 years (since Denver's trip in 1999) has won the Super Bowl while running the West Coast Offense: Tampa Bay.

The West Coast Offense has been figured out and can be stopped defensively. I'm not a fan of the system but if Childress commits to the run MORE it's not a bad hire but the statistics don't lie about the lack of West Coast Super Bowl titles in the last few years.

Baltimore -- 2000 -- power I
St. Louis -- 2001 -- Gillman Vertical
New England -- 2002 -- Parcells pro set/variable (NE is not west coast based)
Tamp Bay -- 2003 -- West Coast
New England -- 2004-5 -- Parcells pro set/variable
Pittsburgh -- 2006 -- power I

cajunvike
03-11-2006, 02:15 AM
"Webby" wrote:

I think a few folks need to chill a little! Seriously!

Wilf didn't decide to deal Pep, Pep brought it on, and thats a widely held and accepted assessment of it. Right or wrong, he said he wasn't comfortable in MN anymore....funniest thing is he mentions the fans don't support him. You guys bashed him all fall, calling him a silly guy, and NOW that you got your wish, you are bashing the next guy in line. Slow down!

But how do YOU feel about him, Webby?

Webby
03-11-2006, 02:52 AM
Me? I love everyone. :lol: :lol:

cajunvike
03-11-2006, 02:56 AM
"Webby" wrote:

Me? I love everyone. :lol: :lol:

But do you think that he is on the right track? Not looking for bashing, just analysis.

whackthepack
03-11-2006, 05:58 AM
"purplegang" wrote:

If I were wilf . I would sit on culpper instead of trading him for a bs pick. if he lets him go for a conditional pick I wont be a fan of his.

Pay out 8 million in hope that he might be worth more next year? Have somebody on the team that has been nothing but a pain in the a$$ for 3 months! What if his knee is so bad that he can never play again, or that he can not get over the mental part of the injury?

The only way to tell if this is a good trade is to wait until we are 3 rys down the road and see how it plays out!

Wilf has only had control of the team for 8 months, what the hell did you expect by know! He has no control over the players he had last year or the coaching staff, by the time he was in control training camp was starting!

He has made his decessions and Tice is no longer the coach, he picked the people that he thought would do the best job of running his business! How do you know that he is not right? He is the one putting up hundreds of millions of dollars, and wanting to spend another billion on a stadium complex! If you want the team run differently then you should have put up a few hundred million and everything you wanted to do would be done! I think I would rather have Wilf myself!

people have been saying that Daunte is not smart and I what he has done over the last 3 months have showed me that those people may be right! And if Wilf and Childress do not trust him to run their 6 hundred million dollar company on the field after his childish behazior, I do not blame them!

olson_10
03-11-2006, 06:08 AM
"vegasvike" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

Well why didn't you stop him while you were on the boat? I mean after all the charge against Pep is a misdemeanor for getting a lap dance, pooh it's been made public BY THE MEDIA but you still insist on saying that he was having drunken sex. I really wish you would have put your camera down and told him "Look Daunte, you are a professional athlete! Upstanding people who do no wrong, such as myself, will not tolerate this! Now get that young lady off your lap because we all know that unprotected lap dancing can cause unwanted children!" you are such a hypocrite. How can a racist REALLY talk about being decent?
how am i a racist?
you just called me a racist because i questioned daunte's leadership qualities..what are you talking about? do you even know what you just said?..you are completely insane for making that comment towards me..if brad johnson made the same mistake, i would say the exact same thing about him..grow up dude..i compared his behavior to tom brady and hines ward (A BLACK GUY YOU BLIND F*CKIN IDIOT)..good god man, like honestly explain your racist comment to me right now

Ltrey33
03-11-2006, 06:11 AM
"olson_10" wrote:

"vegasvike" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

how am i a racist?
you just called me a racist because i questioned daunte's leadership qualities..what are you talking about? do you even know what you just said?..you are completely insane for making that comment towards me..if brad johnson made the same mistake, i would say the exact same thing about him..grow up dude..i compared his behavior to tom brady and hines ward (A BLACK GUY YOU BLIND F*CKIN IDIOT)..good god man, like honestly explain your racist comment to me right now

Actually, Hines Ward isn't all black. His mom is Asian. :grin:

olson_10
03-11-2006, 06:15 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

It is unfair to make those assumptions and call the guy an idiot over something that we know nothing about really. We haven't been privy to any info inside the org. I have a feeling that both DC and The Vike Org have only let us hear the bits and pieces that they want us to hear to try and make their side look the best.

He got it and eventually said that he would honor his contract (he didn't have any other choice).

Even the last thing he said was he would honor his contract. He didn't pull any hold out (yet).

everybody supporting daunte has the idea that their opinion is superior to anyone elses..everyone who has chosen to side with daunte believes that they formed their own opinion, and everyone else went about the media route..UNTRUE..i have formed all of my own opinions on what a true team leader, and great football player is..i have decided FOR MYSELF that i do not think daunte fits either one of those descriptions..stop being so single minded daunte fans, and realize that he is not the goody good you choose to side with every time he comes out to the media and says something to make everyone like him again..weird how he always has a positive commeny about everything each time one of his behind the scenes secrets are revealed..he secretly asks for 10 mil on 3 occasions, wilf says no, it goes public, people get mad, he comes out saying he loves the vikings and will help the team..daunte wants moss out, says "enough is enough", moss has an SI article saying how betrayed he feels, suddenly its not daunte's fault anymore..notice a pattern? it is SOME of you guys who are guilty of being single minded, especially the ones who claim that daunte haters are..the fact of the matter is, we get to listen to daunte bash minnesota all year long regardless of his performance, and you guys seem to support that..are you culpepper fans, or vikings fans?..you honestly want a guy here who is going to complain all season about how much money he is making? you want a constantly grumpy and unhappy star player? why? support the team..he doesnt want any part of vikings nation, and you all seem to support his arguments

olson_10
03-11-2006, 06:17 AM
"ltrey33" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

"vegasvike" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

how am i a racist?

Actually, Hines Ward isn't all black. His mom is Asian. :grin:
LOL :lol: close enough smart a**..well then i will substitute Donovan McNabb

cajunvike
03-11-2006, 06:20 AM
Leave race out of it...Daunte made some poor decisions this past season, both on and off the field...we should judge him on those alone...and the verdict is that the cumulative effect of those bad decisions is that the Vikings are justified in wanting to move on!

Will they regret it later? Maybe...but that's the way it goes!

Webby
03-11-2006, 06:23 AM
"olson_10" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

everybody supporting daunte has the idea that their opinion is superior to anyone elses..everyone who has chosen to side with daunte believes that they formed their own opinion, and everyone else went about the media route..UNTRUE..i have formed all of my own opinions on what a true team leader, and great football player is..i have decided FOR MYSELF that i do not think daunte fits either one of those descriptions..stop being so single minded daunte fans, and realize that he is not the goody good you choose to side with every time he comes out to the media and says something to make everyone like him again..weird how he always has a positive commeny about everything each time one of his behind the scenes secrets are revealed..he secretly asks for 10 mil on 3 occasions, wilf says no, it goes public, people get mad, he comes out saying he loves the vikings and will help the team..daunte wants moss out, says "enough is enough", moss has an SI article saying how betrayed he feels, suddenly its not daunte's fault anymore..notice a pattern? it is SOME of you guys who are guilty of being single minded, especially the ones who claim that daunte haters are..the fact of the matter is, we get to listen to daunte bash minnesota all year long regardless of his performance, and you guys seem to support that..are you culpepper fans, or vikings fans?..you honestly want a guy here who is going to complain all season about how much money he is making? you want a constantly grumpy and unhappy star player? why? support the team..he doesnt want any part of vikings nation, and you all seem to support his arguments

everyone relax a little please, thanks... :) Not directed at anyone...Dante is driving us all nuts and remember we are here together as fans.

ultravikingfan
03-11-2006, 07:19 AM
"Webby" wrote:

everyone relax a little please, thanks... :) Not directed at anyone...Dante is driving us all nuts and remember we are here together as fans.

wHo the hell are you to tell mE to settle down! this is a frea contry!

:razz:

mackd10
03-11-2006, 07:35 AM
You guys suck....Some of you sound like !@#$ packer fans......Relax and wait to the dust clears.

ultravikingfan
03-11-2006, 07:36 AM
"mackd10" wrote:

You guys suck....Some of you sound like !@#$ packer fans......Relax and wait to the dust clears.

Who sucks?

Name names please.

mackd10
03-11-2006, 07:41 AM
You sound like a lab top warrior, ULTRA... Chill and lay off the redbull.

mackd10
03-11-2006, 07:41 AM

ultravikingfan
03-11-2006, 07:54 AM
"mackd10" wrote:

Lab top? WTF is that?

What are you trying to say in the first place?

Eyedea
03-11-2006, 04:52 PM
"olson_10" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

this post just sparked my mind... Why do we have a double standard for Brad Johnson? He said he wants to start or be somewhere where he will start?

kyleo1967
03-11-2006, 05:31 PM
Hey Fellas,

Just wanted to make a point to all of you down on Wilf and the triangle of power. About 10 years ago The San Antonio Spurs cleaned house. Red McCombs sold the team and the new owner from that point on only brought in guys with high morals and strong character. They dumped guys like Rod Strickland, David Wingate, willie Anderson. And brought D. Robinson, Tim Duncan. I mention this because I see our Vikes headed in the same direction. Hihh character, high moral, higher productivity.So everyone cool out on the executive bashing and lets see what they do next. It seems to have worked for the Spurs.

That being said I wouldn't be shocked if all players on the sex boat are outta here.

sleepagent
03-11-2006, 05:37 PM
"kyleo1967" wrote:

Hey Fellas,

Just wanted to make a point to all of you down on Wilf and the triangle of power. About 10 years ago The San Antonio Spurs cleaned house. Red McCombs sold the team and the new owner from that point on only brought in guys with high morals and strong character. They dumped guys like Rod Strickland, David Wingate, willie Anderson. And brought D. Robinson, Tim Duncan. I mention this because I see our Vikes headed in the same direction. Hihh character, high moral, higher productivity.So everyone cool out on the executive bashing and lets see what they do next. It seems to have worked for the Spurs.

That being said I wouldn't be shocked if all players on the sex boat are outta here.

HHmmm

Benet
03-11-2006, 05:44 PM
The Spurs were also extremely lucky that Tim Duncan decided to play his Senior season at Wake Forrest, so when they got the #1 pick in the draft, they knew they had a sure-thing.

If we can get the #1 overall pick for a sure-thing who could guarantee us becoming a consistent playoff team.. I wouldn't be against it.

(And no, I don't think Reggie Bush is that person.)

BBQ Platypus
03-13-2006, 10:57 PM
"olson_10" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

1. He fired Tice.

A LOSING class organization that STILL doesn't spend any of its cash. Ben Leber? Come on, we need LINEBACKERS! How about a safety? You know, we could use some help at right tackle. This draft is a bit weak at QB, and Johnson's kinda getting on in years. Are they dealing with any of those problems? I like how they're keeping their management a secret, but so far they haven't impressed me. I'm not sure that they know what they're doing. Sure, maybe we'll have class, but that's just half of being a class organization. You need to be organized.

Hawgski
03-13-2006, 11:05 PM
"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

1. He fired Tice.

A LOSING class organization that STILL doesn't spend any of its cash. Ben Leber? Come on, we need LINEBACKERS! How about a safety? You know, we could use some help at right tackle. This draft is a bit weak at QB, and Johnson's kinda getting on in years. Are they dealing with any of those problems? I like how they're keeping their management a secret, but so far they haven't impressed me. I'm not sure that they know what they're doing. Sure, maybe we'll have class, but that's just half of being a class organization. You need to be organized.

You continue to show your lack of knowledge on current events.

olson_10
03-13-2006, 11:06 PM
"Hawgski" wrote:

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

1. He fired Tice.

You continue to show your lack of knowledge on current events.
lol yah id say that is his problem

whackthepack
03-13-2006, 11:08 PM
"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

1. He fired Tice.

Whine, whine, whine, whine, were is the cheese and the fiddle! Oh ya the cheese is in Green Bay and that is were the whine should be since they are 30 million under the cap and have only resigned Green and Kaupman!

olson_10
03-13-2006, 11:13 PM
"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

1. He fired Tice.

yes! well arent you just the smartest guy on these pages..we signed hutchinson to a monster deal to be the highest paid guard in league history, to boost our o-line to protect the QB and have a dominant running game, and yet you throw out a comment like that?..there are still linebackers available..we watched film on Leber and he played in the cover 2 for his first 2 seasons so he knows the system..do you honestly think the vikings organization just picks up any random guy out there? i sure hope you dont think that, otherwise you are a complete idiot..we just spent on a very good kicker, who has been one of the best in even the league's worst kicking conditions..experts are beginning to predict that chester taylor will run for more yards than edgerrin james this season..we dont just pick these guys up for absolutely no reason..we are also have visits scheduled for a safety, and you mustve totally forgot this thing called the NFL Draft

olson_10
03-13-2006, 11:15 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

1. He fired Tice.

Whine, whine, whine, whine, were is the cheese and the fiddle! Oh ya the cheese is in Green Bay and that is were the whine should be since they are 30 million under the cap and have only resigned Green and Kaupman!
Just another Red lover/Vikings hater

Benet
03-13-2006, 11:18 PM
It's not BBQ Playtpus's fault.. Too much Madden 2006 can make anyone think they'd make a decent GM. All he wants is Dan Snyder as our Owner then we can overspend on a crocked Strong Safety (Archuleta) and 2 Wide Receivers who we don't need.

olson_10
everyone just go look at Omar Jacobs stats, and you will realize that the draft really isnt that thin at the QB position..this guy is projected to be a 2nd-3rd round pick

Hawgski
"olson_10" wrote:

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

1. He fired Tice.

yes! well arent you just the smartest guy on these pages..we signed hutchinson to a monster deal to be the highest paid guard in league history, to boost our o-line to protect the QB and have a dominant running game, and yet you throw out a comment like that?..there are still linebackers available..we watched film on Leber and he played in the cover 2 for his first 2 seasons so he knows the system..do you honestly think the vikings organization just picks up any random guy out there? i sure hope you dont think that, otherwise you are a complete idiot..we just spent on a very good kicker, who has been one of the best in even the league's worst kicking conditions..experts are beginning to predict that chester taylor will run for more yards than edgerrin james this season..we dont just pick these guys up for absolutely no reason..we are also have visits scheduled for a safety, and you mustve totally forgot this thing called the NFL Draft

YES, he does think that way brother. BBQ, has to be the least informed individual on this site.

olson_10
03-13-2006, 11:20 PM
yah he seems to go that way with his comments..no organization on the vikings part? well i suppose mccombs couldnt possibly be unorganized because he just didnt bother addressing needs altogether..i suppose that is what he is used to seeing, or likes seeing, i cant answer on his behalf