PDA

View Full Version : Just Say No to Drew Brees



GreenBaySlackers
03-10-2006, 01:27 AM
Alot of people here are hyping up drew brees, I just don't see it. I don't dislike the guy, but we just be getting rid of one hurt QB for another. Let this be Brad's team this year and I want troy smith from Ohio State.

Just Say No to Drew Brees.

Mr. Purple
03-10-2006, 01:29 AM
I'm leanin either way. I would love to have him, but wont die if we dont get him. I'd love to get Omar Jacobs in the draft even if we get Brees.

shawn9876uss
03-10-2006, 01:29 AM
You are insane to pass on Brees, He is proven, is is expected back by May, Even if he doesn't play much this year, we still have brad, then brees can have the job next year, what happens if brad goes down, you want an unproven rookie to step in???

purplegang
03-10-2006, 01:30 AM
with pepp being traded i think we should take whos available. But i dont like brees

Skoal_Vikings
03-10-2006, 01:33 AM
i agree with say no to brees, (i just dont have much faith in him) but its sure as hell not because i want this to be brads year. i want to draft omar jacobs or someone like that.

triedandtruevikesfan
03-10-2006, 01:43 AM
"shawn9876uss" wrote:

You are insane to pass on Brees, He is proven, is is expected back by May, Even if he doesn't play much this year, we still have brad, then brees can have the job next year, what happens if brad goes down, you want an unproven rookie to step in???

Its not insane if the rumors are true and his injury to his shoulder is fare more severe then anyone is letting on.

LuckyVike
03-10-2006, 01:47 AM
I'll pass on that. Brees will be our next QB in a perfect world.

muchluv4smoot
03-10-2006, 01:51 AM
If Brees were healthy, this would be a no brainer. If we do look at signing him, we better be d@mn sure we don't have another Chad Pennington on our hands. If we check him out and he looks like he is gonna be fine and ready to go this year, then I wouldn't have a problem with signing him, so long as it isn't for too much money or maybe if we sign him to a deal with incentives.

If no Brees I really want Brodie Croyle in round 2.

VikesfaninWis
03-10-2006, 01:54 AM
Brees all the way. Trading Pepp is a certainty. If we don't pick up Drew Brees, there aren't that many good QB's available this season. Lets face it, BJ is getting up there in age, it could be real possible that he suffers a sever injury this season. Wouldn't you want a proven guy behind center?

You can't draft a QB and just expect him to jump right in and lead us to the SB. There are very few guys like Tom Brady, Ben Rothlisberger, Donovan McNabb, that can just go right into the NFL, and have immediate success. If we pass on Brees right now, we are in serious trouble come regular season.. IMO

cajunvike
03-10-2006, 01:54 AM
As long as the doctors can prove that Brees injury is NOT career threatening, then I think we shouldn't worry about it too much...we have Brad to start this season, so it doesn't matter who is getting healthy this year on the bench, Pep or Brees.

Ltrey33
03-10-2006, 01:56 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/ltrey33/wpe14.gif

Drew Brees is bad m'kay.

I'm not incredibly big on going out and getting Brees either. I wouldn't curse the organization if we did, but his injury is scary to me becuase it reminds me of Chad Pennington's. I would much rather see a rookie this year or next year and see Brad Johnson as our starter.

muchluv4smoot
03-10-2006, 01:57 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

As long as the doctors can prove that Brees injury is NOT career threatening, then I think we shouldn't worry about it too much...we have Brad to start this season, so it doesn't matter who is getting healthy this year on the bench, Pep or Brees.


Yeah but if we do sign Brees, the question becomes, how does Brad react to it? Will he want to leave and try and start somewhere else, like what was reported earlier this year?

V4L
03-10-2006, 01:59 AM
I want Brees.. I think he is a very solid QB.. And is smart with the ball..

Bring in him and Edge.. And possibly a lineman and I will be the happiest guy alive..

mr.woo
03-10-2006, 02:02 AM
im an ohio state fan and troy is awsome. he defintily takes it too another level in big games. he will be a heisman fnalist this year and a definite impact player. go smith go smith go smith.

muchluv4smoot
03-10-2006, 02:03 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

I want Brees.. I think he is a very solid QB.. And is smart with the ball..

Bring in him and Edge.. And possibly a lineman and I will be the happiest guy alive..


I can't see that we would possibly sign 3 big name offensive guys this offseason and overlook the D. If we do sign Brees, don't expect to see us sign Edge. I really think it is one or the other. O-lineman will definitely get signed and we will also definitely look for a LB in FA.

V4L
03-10-2006, 02:04 AM
I could see us getting Edge and Brees...

Just not an o-lineman too.. That's why I said possibly..

It isn't gonna happen.. But that would be sweet

muchluv4smoot
03-10-2006, 02:09 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

I could see us getting Edge and Brees...

Just not an o-lineman too.. That's why I said possibly..

It isn't gonna happen.. But that would be sweet


O-line is almost certainly our top priority in FA, followed closley by LB. I doubt we let either of those 2 positions go unfilled in FA. RB and QB on the other hand can easily be added in the draft. With guys like Maroney and Williams, why spend all that money on Edge? There are also some really good QB's that will go in rounds 2 or 3 that could defintely fit in a WCO and be the future of this franchise.

If I were a betting man, I would be our 2 biggest signingsin FA are LB and O-line and our 3rd if we sign 3 big guys will be either RB or QB, or we possibly may only have 2.

PackSux!
03-10-2006, 02:15 AM
Now that i think about it, personally i would trust brad johnson as the starter and bring in somebody like Gus Ferotte to be backup and draft a quarterback. Brees wont be cheap and all bringing in brees is going to do is start a controversy with him and brad on who will be the starter, because you can bet neither will accept a backup position.

Mr. Purple
03-10-2006, 02:39 AM
I cant see why we WONT get Drew Brees. Are team is in need of a Franchise QB, are team is argubly the best team in need of a franchise QB. Fran Foley and him have ties together from San Deigo. Why wouldnt he end up in purple? Maybe I'm wrong...but all the signs point to him coming here right now.

muchluv4smoot
03-10-2006, 02:42 AM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

I cant see why we WONT get Drew Brees. Are team is in need of a Franchise QB, are team is argubly the best team in need of a franchise QB. Fran Foley and him have ties together from San Deigo. Why wouldnt he end up in purple? Maybe I'm wrong...but all the signs point to him coming here right now.


Pretty much the only way is if he doesn't want to play here(maybe it's too cold for him) or maybe we don't want him(injury concerns or he wants too much for an injured QB).

Mr. Purple
03-10-2006, 02:55 AM
Oh yea I completely agree. It just seems that all signs point to us a front runner to get him.(Thats if we want him) His injury SCARES me to death. I know he would cost a pretty penny...and if he turned into Chad Pennington...I'd kill myself!

muchluv4smoot
03-10-2006, 03:02 AM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

Oh yea I completely agree. It just seems that all signs point to us a front runner to get him.(Thats if we want him) His injury SCARES me to death. I know he would cost a pretty penny...and if he turned into Chad Pennington...I'd kill myself!



That's is exactly why I would go with a QB in the draft(Crolyle being my choice) before I would sign Brees. But I am sure if we do sign Brees, we will be 100% sure he is gonna be back to his old self this season. I won't be disappointed if we get Brees, just worried about his shoulder. I think he would fit in very well in Childress's WCO.

Mr. Purple
03-10-2006, 03:05 AM
Yepp he would. I know we wouldnt sign him unless we where full confident that he was properly healed. As you can see in my sig I want us to get Omar, but I wouldnt mind Croyle at all.

GreenBaySlackers
03-10-2006, 03:13 AM
"ltrey33" wrote:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/ltrey33/wpe14.gif

Drew Brees is bad m'kay.

I'm not incredibly big on going out and getting Brees either. I wouldn't curse the organization if we did, but his injury is scary to me becuase it reminds me of Chad Pennington's. I would much rather see a rookie this year or next year and see Brad Johnson as our starter.

SWEET!

PackSux!
03-10-2006, 03:19 AM
I dont see us wasting the money on a injured quarterback now that we are getting rid of another at the moment.

V4L
03-10-2006, 03:21 AM
"PackSux!" wrote:

I dont see us wasting the money on a injured quarterback now that we are getting rid of another at the moment.


That's not the reason though.. It's cuz he wants out and is being a baby about being here

FedjeViking
03-10-2006, 03:24 AM
The title of this thread says it all. No need to say anything else. :lol:

Skoal_Vikings
03-10-2006, 03:27 AM
im just glad im not alone on not wanting brees.if he hadnt had that shoulder injury, then id be all for him. but since he did hurt that shoulder, im on the omar jacobs bandwagon.

PackSux!
03-10-2006, 03:27 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"PackSux!" wrote:

I dont see us wasting the money on a injured quarterback now that we are getting rid of another at the moment.


That's not the reason though.. It's cuz he wants out and is being a baby about being here


Still dont see why we would pay brees to ride the pine while brad leads the attack. I truly think we are going to draft a quarterback who will be our future now that Daunte is leaving town.

mattjenny3
03-10-2006, 03:30 AM
Sorry if this was posted, but I didn't see it:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9287875

When you think about who should be the serious players in the Drew Brees sweepstakes, which should be fast and furious, it may be easier to list the teams that should have no interest in Brees.

As one former general manager said to me: "A player of Drew Brees' stature rarely is available in free agency and I can only think of 12 teams that shouldn't look at him seriously."


Drew Brees, who will like become a free agent, will be one of the hottest players available on the market.
New England, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Jacksonville, Indianapolis, Denver and Kansas City from the AFC and the Eagles, Giants, Bears, Panthers and Seahawks from the NFC, get a pass about Brees. The other 20 teams have to take a serious look at swapping their QBs for Brees. The challenge is what kind of money will it take to sign the quarterback, who threw 51 touchdowns and just 22 interceptions in the past two years.

The deal will probably average just under $8 million per year for six years. The transition tag salary, which is the average of the top 10 quarterbacks, is $8.3 million. And if any team doesn't believe the salary will go this high probably needs to forget about Brees as an option. I would not be surprised if the team that wins his services will put a six-year deal together for $46.8 million with $15 to $16 million guaranteed. His first-year salary-cap charge should come in about $5 million. The reality of doing business at this level or higher will inevitably knock a number of teams out of contention.

Skoal_Vikings
03-10-2006, 03:34 AM
"mattjenny3" wrote:

The deal will probably average just under $8 million per year for six years. The transition tag salary, which is the average of the top 10 quarterbacks, is $8.3 million. I would not be surprised if the team that wins his services will put a six-year deal together for $46.8 million with $15 to $16 million guaranteed. His first-year salary-cap charge should come in about $5 million.

:shock: now i definitely dont want him. to give 15 million guaranteed to someone who you dont even know if hell be full strength ever again is insane.

FedjeViking
03-10-2006, 03:37 AM
"Skoal_Vikings" wrote:

im just glad im not alone on not wanting brees.if he hadnt had that shoulder injury, then id be all for him. but since he did hurt that shoulder, im on the omar jacobs bandwagon.

AND the shoulder is worse than they let on! I hate it when they try to cheat!

magicci
03-10-2006, 03:57 AM
Omar Jacobs will be the awesome for this team

V4L
03-10-2006, 03:58 AM
"magicci" wrote:

Omar Jacobs will be the awesome for this team

Tru Dat braa! :cool:

BBQ Platypus
03-10-2006, 04:10 AM
Are you INSANE!? Replace Daunte with a ROOKIE!? A FREAKING ROOKIE!? HE HAS NO PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!! I WANT A SUPER BOWL!!!!! OUR WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY IS SHRINKING, AND WE'VE ALREADY BLOWN A LOT OF IT BY TRADING MOSS AND DAUNTE!!!!!! STOP BEING IDIOT HOMER FANS AND THINK REALISTICALLY FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!! GRRRR!!!!!

Sorry for yelling. Just had to throw some reality in your face.

Skoal_Vikings
03-10-2006, 04:14 AM
and if brees' shoulder is still messed up? whats gonna happen then? well have a ridiculous abount of money invested in some scrub who cant even play. im not sure a rookie carries much more risk than brees. besides, we dont exactly have antonio gates and ldt on our team either.

GreenBaySlackers
03-10-2006, 04:15 AM
"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

Are you INSANE!? Replace Daunte with a ROOKIE!? A FREAKING ROOKIE!? HE HAS NO PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!! I WANT A SUPER BOWL!!!!! OUR WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY IS SHRINKING, AND WE'VE ALREADY BLOWN A LOT OF IT BY TRADING MOSS AND DAUNTE!!!!!! STOP BEING IDIOT HOMER FANS AND THINK REALISTICALLY FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!! GRRRR!!!!!

Sorry for yelling. Just had to throw some reality in your face.

Sorry, maybe you forgot about Brad Johnson?

Just becasue we have the money for brees doesn't mean we should spend it on him. Brad is more than capable and as sad as this is, he might be the best QB in our division. Brad plays for us as long as he can and we have a new young fast QB waiting in the wings learning until his time. We don't need drew brees.

BBQ Platypus
03-10-2006, 04:18 AM
"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

Are you INSANE!? Replace Daunte with a ROOKIE!? A FREAKING ROOKIE!? HE HAS NO PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!! I WANT A SUPER BOWL!!!!! OUR WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY IS SHRINKING, AND WE'VE ALREADY BLOWN A LOT OF IT BY TRADING MOSS AND DAUNTE!!!!!! STOP BEING IDIOT HOMER FANS AND THINK REALISTICALLY FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!! GRRRR!!!!!

Sorry for yelling. Just had to throw some reality in your face.

Sorry, maybe you forgot about Brad Johnson?

Just becasue we have the money for brees doesn't mean we should spend it on him. Brad is more than capable and as sad as this is, he might be the best QB in our division. Brad plays for us as long as he can and we have a new young fast QB waiting in the wings learning until his time. We don't need drew brees.And for how long? One year isn't anywhere NEAR enough time for a QB to be waiting in the wings! Don't tell me you think Brad's still going to be playing football when he's 41-42 years old!

FedjeViking
03-10-2006, 04:22 AM
"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

Are you INSANE!? Replace Daunte with a ROOKIE!? A FREAKING ROOKIE!? HE HAS NO PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!! I WANT A SUPER BOWL!!!!! OUR WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY IS SHRINKING, AND WE'VE ALREADY BLOWN A LOT OF IT BY TRADING MOSS AND DAUNTE!!!!!! STOP BEING IDIOT HOMER FANS AND THINK REALISTICALLY FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!! GRRRR!!!!!

Sorry for yelling. Just had to throw some reality in your face.

THANK-YOU!!

mogwai
03-10-2006, 04:25 AM
i truly wish they would get matt schaub...i like brees,but,schaub is much bigger..and not injured..no friggin' rookies please..complete rebuiling is not an option...is it?

GreenBaySlackers
03-10-2006, 04:25 AM
"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

Are you INSANE!? Replace Daunte with a ROOKIE!? A FREAKING ROOKIE!? HE HAS NO PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!! I WANT A SUPER BOWL!!!!! OUR WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY IS SHRINKING, AND WE'VE ALREADY BLOWN A LOT OF IT BY TRADING MOSS AND DAUNTE!!!!!! STOP BEING IDIOT HOMER FANS AND THINK REALISTICALLY FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!! GRRRR!!!!!

Sorry for yelling. Just had to throw some reality in your face.

Sorry, maybe you forgot about Brad Johnson?

Just becasue we have the money for brees doesn't mean we should spend it on him. Brad is more than capable and as sad as this is, he might be the best QB in our division. Brad plays for us as long as he can and we have a new young fast QB waiting in the wings learning until his time. We don't need drew brees.And for how long? One year isn't anywhere NEAR enough time for a QB to be waiting in the wings! Don't tell me you think Brad's still going to be playing football when he's 41-42 years old!

I think all we need is one year for a good prospect to develope into starting ability. we can look at carson palmer if you wish. watched a seasoned, old, vet for a season. learned a lot from him. them he started for a season and did moderately well, pretty good. learned even more. next season he starts again, and does rediculously well throws an almost perfect ball. learned still more. granted that is a best-case scenario, but still, it could work.



botom line, draft a qb, let brad play, let the QB learn, let him start next season or the season after.



Just say no to Brees

Skoal_Vikings
03-10-2006, 04:26 AM
"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:

Sorry, maybe you forgot about Brad Johnson?

this is what i said abour brad johnson in another thread:


so what he went 7-2. do you remember who we played last year when brad was in? detroit twice, green bay, cleveland, st louis, chicagos 3rd string guys. then we also beat nyg, a game where he lead us to 1 gol 'darnit field goal on offense the entire game. not to mention our d played good during those games, otherwise we probably wouldntve won those games. brad didnt lead us to those victories. had he played at the beginning of the season, he wouldntve fared much better than daunte.

i dont really have alot of faith in him, unless we have an extremely soft schedule and the defense is playing great.

GreenBaySlackers
03-10-2006, 04:33 AM
"Skoal_Vikings" wrote:

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:

Sorry, maybe you forgot about Brad Johnson?

this is what i said abour brad johnson in another thread:


so what he went 7-2. do you remember who we played last year when brad was in? detroit twice, green bay, cleveland, st louis, chicagos 3rd string guys. then we also beat nyg, a game where he lead us to 1 gol 'darnit field goal on offense the entire game. not to mention our d played good during those games, otherwise we probably wouldntve won those games. brad didnt lead us to those victories. had he played at the beginning of the season, he wouldntve fared much better than daunte.

i dont really have alot of faith in him, unless we have an extremely soft schedule and the defense is playing great.




I think we need to make the best of what we have at the QB position and draft someone for the future. I have about .222786 % faith in brees not only because of the injury, bu what if he goes back to the way he used to be without LT and Gates?

Skoal_Vikings
03-10-2006, 04:39 AM
"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:

"Skoal_Vikings" wrote:

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:

Sorry, maybe you forgot about Brad Johnson?

this is what i said abour brad johnson in another thread:


so what he went 7-2. do you remember who we played last year when brad was in? detroit twice, green bay, cleveland, st louis, chicagos 3rd string guys. then we also beat nyg, a game where he lead us to 1 gol 'darnit field goal on offense the entire game. not to mention our d played good during those games, otherwise we probably wouldntve won those games. brad didnt lead us to those victories. had he played at the beginning of the season, he wouldntve fared much better than daunte.

i dont really have alot of faith in him, unless we have an extremely soft schedule and the defense is playing great.




I think we need to make the best of what we have at the QB position and draft someone for the future. I have about .222786 % faith in brees not only because of the injury, bu what if he goes back to the way he used to be without LT and Gates?

oh dont get me wrong, ive stated that i dont want brees either. but i dont want brad to be our guy this year. i think hes a good backup, but i dont like the idea of him staring the majority of our games, especially when were playing teams who dont suck.

Ltrey33
03-10-2006, 05:05 AM
"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

Are you INSANE!? Replace Daunte with a ROOKIE!? A FREAKING ROOKIE!? HE HAS NO PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!! I WANT A SUPER BOWL!!!!! OUR WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY IS SHRINKING, AND WE'VE ALREADY BLOWN A LOT OF IT BY TRADING MOSS AND DAUNTE!!!!!! STOP BEING IDIOT HOMER FANS AND THINK REALISTICALLY FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!! GRRRR!!!!!

Sorry for yelling. Just had to throw some reality in your face.

Sorry, maybe you forgot about Brad Johnson?

Just becasue we have the money for brees doesn't mean we should spend it on him. Brad is more than capable and as sad as this is, he might be the best QB in our division. Brad plays for us as long as he can and we have a new young fast QB waiting in the wings learning until his time. We don't need drew brees.And for how long? One year isn't anywhere NEAR enough time for a QB to be waiting in the wings! Don't tell me you think Brad's still going to be playing football when he's 41-42 years old!

No, but as you said in your previous post, our window of opportunity is shrinking. As I see it, we have this year and next to win the whole damn thing, and then we have to go on to another 2 or 3 year plan. Brad is the perfect short term solution. Somehwere in the near future we need to find the long term answer, but Brad showed us this year he can still play and can still win games! Give him a good offensive line and a good running game and we're Super Bowl contenders for the next 2 years without a doubt.

collegeguyjeff
03-10-2006, 05:50 AM
no to drew brees? look at what he did with a tight end and a running back to throw too and thats about it.

collegeguyjeff
03-10-2006, 05:51 AM
"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

Are you INSANE!? Replace Daunte with a ROOKIE!? A FREAKING ROOKIE!? HE HAS NO PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!! I WANT A SUPER BOWL!!!!! OUR WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY IS SHRINKING, AND WE'VE ALREADY BLOWN A LOT OF IT BY TRADING MOSS AND DAUNTE!!!!!! STOP BEING IDIOT HOMER FANS AND THINK REALISTICALLY FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!! GRRRR!!!!!

Sorry for yelling. Just had to throw some reality in your face.

brad johnson replaced pepper. the rookie would sit the bench for the year and learn.

mattjenny3
03-10-2006, 05:57 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

no to drew brees? look at what he did with a tight end and a running back to throw too and thats about it.

I liked the idea of Brees, but I think you just changed my mind. Doesn't SD have a decent D also? SD is good, they made Brees look good, I don't want Brees anymore. At least not for a boat load of money.

V4L
03-10-2006, 05:58 AM
BBQ asking if someone else is insane hahaha

olson_10
03-10-2006, 06:00 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

Are you INSANE!? Replace Daunte with a ROOKIE!? A FREAKING ROOKIE!? HE HAS NO PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!! I WANT A SUPER BOWL!!!!! OUR WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY IS SHRINKING, AND WE'VE ALREADY BLOWN A LOT OF IT BY TRADING MOSS AND DAUNTE!!!!!! STOP BEING IDIOT HOMER FANS AND THINK REALISTICALLY FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!! GRRRR!!!!!

Sorry for yelling. Just had to throw some reality in your face.

brad johnson replaced pepper. the rookie would sit the bench for the year and learn.
id rather not make the green bay mistake and draft some complete bum who will never turn out to even be decent..why say no to drew brees? if we can get edge in here, then thats a great pickup..if you would rather have a QB with no upside or room to imrove in brad johnson, then go ahead, and we can all try to live with mediocrity..the fact of the matter is, brees can put up big pro bowl type numbers, and brad johnson cant..im gonna go with the brees side of this one because there is still room to improve with him, and he has more potential, johnson however is what he is, and hes only getting older

VikesfaninWis
03-10-2006, 06:01 AM
"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

Are you INSANE!? Replace Daunte with a ROOKIE!? A FREAKING ROOKIE!? HE HAS NO PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!! I WANT A SUPER BOWL!!!!! OUR WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY IS SHRINKING, AND WE'VE ALREADY BLOWN A LOT OF IT BY TRADING MOSS AND DAUNTE!!!!!! STOP BEING IDIOT HOMER FANS AND THINK REALISTICALLY FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!! GRRRR!!!!!

Sorry for yelling. Just had to throw some reality in your face.

Sorry, maybe you forgot about Brad Johnson?

Just becasue we have the money for brees doesn't mean we should spend it on him. Brad is more than capable and as sad as this is, he might be the best QB in our division. Brad plays for us as long as he can and we have a new young fast QB waiting in the wings learning until his time. We don't need drew brees.And for how long? One year isn't anywhere NEAR enough time for a QB to be waiting in the wings! Don't tell me you think Brad's still going to be playing football when he's 41-42 years old!


He could play another 3 years. He hasn't had any serious injury. He is still able to go... Why not another 3 years?

Skoal_Vikings
03-10-2006, 06:07 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

no to drew brees? look at what he did with a tight end and a running back to throw too and thats about it.

yeah, but it was one of, if not THE best tight end in the league along with the best running back in the league. and dont you even try to pretend mccardell isnt a good reciever. brees came down alot last year from 2004 anyway. he threw 3 less tds to go along 8 more ints. plus hes got a shoulder injury, add that to an already not-that-strong-arm, id rather let someone else take the gamble on him. im nto saying he will be bad, but im not willing to risk the money its going to take to get him taking all that into consideration.

GreenBaySlackers
03-10-2006, 06:10 AM
"Skoal_Vikings" wrote:

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

no to drew brees? look at what he did with a tight end and a running back to throw too and thats about it.

yeah, but it was one of, if not THE best tight end in the league along with the best running back in the league. and dont you even try to pretend mccardell isnt a good reciever. brees came down alot last year from 2004 anyway. he threw 3 less tds to go along 8 more ints. plus hes got a shoulder injury, add that to an already not-that-strong-arm, id rather let someone else take the gamble on him. im nto saying he will be bad, but im not willing to risk the money its going to take to get him taking all that into consideration.

wurd

olson_10
03-10-2006, 06:12 AM
i like aaron brooks and brian griese..either one of them could be a good pickup for us if brees isnt the answer..both would be much cheaper too i would think

GreenBaySlackers
03-10-2006, 06:13 AM
"olson_10" wrote:

i like aaron brooks and brian griese..either one of them could be a good pickup for us if brees isnt the answer..both would be much cheaper too i would think

:shock:



wow... aaron brooks...

ultravikingfan
03-10-2006, 06:17 AM
"olson_10" wrote:

i like aaron brooks and brian griese..either one of them could be a good pickup for us if brees isnt the answer..both would be much cheaper too i would think

I like the idea of winning more than 3 games.

olson_10
03-10-2006, 06:20 AM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

Are you INSANE!? Replace Daunte with a ROOKIE!? A FREAKING ROOKIE!? HE HAS NO PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!! I WANT A SUPER BOWL!!!!! OUR WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY IS SHRINKING, AND WE'VE ALREADY BLOWN A LOT OF IT BY TRADING MOSS AND DAUNTE!!!!!! STOP BEING IDIOT HOMER FANS AND THINK REALISTICALLY FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!! GRRRR!!!!!

Sorry for yelling. Just had to throw some reality in your face.

Sorry, maybe you forgot about Brad Johnson?

Just becasue we have the money for brees doesn't mean we should spend it on him. Brad is more than capable and as sad as this is, he might be the best QB in our division. Brad plays for us as long as he can and we have a new young fast QB waiting in the wings learning until his time. We don't need drew brees.And for how long? One year isn't anywhere NEAR enough time for a QB to be waiting in the wings! Don't tell me you think Brad's still going to be playing football when he's 41-42 years old!


He could play another 3 years. He hasn't had any serious injury. He is still able to go... Why not another 3 years?
the fact is that he is mediocre, and he cant get any better over the next couple of years..there is no potential or upside for a 39 year old QB who has a weak arm, and no mobility..he can only go downhill from here..the guy can go out there and get us 150 yards a game, but does that win us a superbowl? no, because our defense isnt going to be good enough to hold teams to 7 points every game..brad also cant find ways to move the ball against good defenses..either way you look at it, if we kept daunte, we cant win any large number of games..if we have brad starting all year, we cant win a huge number of games..if we bring somebody in with a lot more potential, and more skill to put up 250 yards a game, it adds a lot more to what you are trying to do..alot of this whole thing is going to come down to who is playing running back for us next year though..if we have james running for 110 yards, and receiving 50 yards a game, its going to help us out a heck of alot more than having moore run for 50 and catch 25

Skoal_Vikings
03-10-2006, 06:21 AM
oh dude, i totally forgot about aaron brooks. i love him as a player. all he needs is some decent coaching. i mean, the guy plays in new orleans you have to give him a break. noone is successfull (i can never remember how to spell that damn word) in new orleans. dont forget that he threw 24tds and only 8 ints there in 2003. i would not be upset if he became a viking.

olson_10
03-10-2006, 06:23 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

i like aaron brooks and brian griese..either one of them could be a good pickup for us if brees isnt the answer..both would be much cheaper too i would think

I like the idea of winning more than 3 games.
i like his potential and age compared to johnson..he would be a cheap investment..if you could read you would see the "both would be much cheaper too"..with either one of them and johnson, we have the ability to still draft somebody..johnson will either retire or be cut loose after this year, so why not pick up one of those guys, and then draft a QB this year or next?..im trying to throw out possible solutions here, by including guys that can put up big numbers, and arent exactly old

ultravikingfan
03-10-2006, 06:25 AM
"Skoal_Vikings" wrote:

oh dude, i totally forgot about aaron brooks. i love him as a player. all he needs is some decent coaching. i mean, the guy plays in new orleans you have to give him a break. noone is successfull (i can never remember how to spell that gol 'darnit word) in new orleans. dont forget that he threw 24tds and only 8 ints there in 2003. i would not be upset if he became a viking.

Its funny you say that. Because don't forget about the 4717 yards and 39 TD's Pep threw in 2004. Oh, and the 11 Int's.

Brooks http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/BrooAa00.htm

May as well blame Pep's performance on coaching also.

GreenBaySlackers
03-10-2006, 06:26 AM
"olson_10" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

i like aaron brooks and brian griese..either one of them could be a good pickup for us if brees isnt the answer..both would be much cheaper too i would think

I like the idea of winning more than 3 games.
i like his potential and age compared to johnson..he would be a cheap investment..if you could read you would see the "both would be much cheaper too"..with either one of them and johnson, we have the ability to still draft somebody..johnson will either retire or be cut loose after this year, so why not pick up one of those guys, and then draft a QB this year or next?..im trying to throw out possible solutions here, by including guys that can put up big numbers, and arent exactly old

ooh ooh i know i know!

Let's Draft Marcus Vick!

olson_10
03-10-2006, 06:26 AM
"Skoal_Vikings" wrote:

oh dude, i totally forgot about aaron brooks. i love him as a player. all he needs is some decent coaching. i mean, the guy plays in new orleans you have to give him a break. noone is successfull (i can never remember how to spell that gol 'darnit word) in new orleans. dont forget that he threw 24tds and only 8 ints there in 2003. i would not be upset if he became a viking.
he has had an awful coach and offensive line for years, as well as a running back that has been constantly injured..he has had absolutely atrocious defenses to backup any kind of offense he produces..but hey, people think that they can only win 3 games with the guy then okay, i mean even daunte has had seasons that bad as well, but lets just ignore that

Ltrey33
03-10-2006, 06:26 AM
"olson_10" wrote:

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

Are you INSANE!? Replace Daunte with a ROOKIE!? A FREAKING ROOKIE!? HE HAS NO PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!! I WANT A SUPER BOWL!!!!! OUR WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY IS SHRINKING, AND WE'VE ALREADY BLOWN A LOT OF IT BY TRADING MOSS AND DAUNTE!!!!!! STOP BEING IDIOT HOMER FANS AND THINK REALISTICALLY FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!! GRRRR!!!!!

Sorry for yelling. Just had to throw some reality in your face.

Sorry, maybe you forgot about Brad Johnson?

Just becasue we have the money for brees doesn't mean we should spend it on him. Brad is more than capable and as sad as this is, he might be the best QB in our division. Brad plays for us as long as he can and we have a new young fast QB waiting in the wings learning until his time. We don't need drew brees.And for how long? One year isn't anywhere NEAR enough time for a QB to be waiting in the wings! Don't tell me you think Brad's still going to be playing football when he's 41-42 years old!


He could play another 3 years. He hasn't had any serious injury. He is still able to go... Why not another 3 years?
the fact is that he is mediocre, and he cant get any better over the next couple of years..there is no potential or upside for a 39 year old QB who has a weak arm, and no mobility..he can only go downhill from here..the guy can go out there and get us 150 yards a game, but does that win us a superbowl? no, because our defense isnt going to be good enough to hold teams to 7 points every game..brad also cant find ways to move the ball against good defenses..either way you look at it, if we kept daunte, we cant win any large number of games..if we have brad starting all year, we cant win a huge number of games..if we bring somebody in with a lot more potential, and more skill to put up 250 yards a game, it adds a lot more to what you are trying to do..alot of this whole thing is going to come down to who is playing running back for us next year though..if we have james running for 110 yards, and receiving 50 yards a game, its going to help us out a heck of alot more than having moore run for 50 and catch 25

How do you know that Brad can't move the ball against good defenses? The simple fact is that very few quarterbacks (Dan Marino is really the only one I can think of) can move the ball against a defense without a freakin running game! Give Brad a top 15 running game and watch just how quickly he can move the ball.

I would say a majority of it doesn't have to do with who is our running back, but instead how much our offensive line improves. If we invest in James but we don't invest in offensive lineman, it will be a wasted investment.

mattjenny3
03-10-2006, 06:26 AM
"Skoal_Vikings" wrote:

oh dude, i totally forgot about aaron brooks. i love him as a player. all he needs is some decent coaching. i mean, the guy plays in new orleans you have to give him a break. noone is successfull (i can never remember how to spell that gol 'darnit word) in new orleans. dont forget that he threw 24tds and only 8 ints there in 2003. i would not be upset if he became a viking.

If I can't remember how to spell a word with multiples of the same letter, I double up all of them, ssuucceessffuull. Just a suggestion. As far as Brooks, no way. From what I've read about him, he's a head case. The only reason he's got any stats is because of Horn. I know that's overstating it a bit, but that's my point on Brooks.

jaymz7
03-10-2006, 06:27 AM
"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

Are you INSANE!? Replace Daunte with a ROOKIE!? A FREAKING ROOKIE!? HE HAS NO PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!! I WANT A SUPER BOWL!!!!! OUR WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY IS SHRINKING, AND WE'VE ALREADY BLOWN A LOT OF IT BY TRADING MOSS AND DAUNTE!!!!!! STOP BEING IDIOT HOMER FANS AND THINK REALISTICALLY FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!! GRRRR!!!!!

Sorry for yelling. Just had to throw some reality in your face.

Hmm an insane idiot homer fan huh? But smart enough to check on things before I spew my opinion onto others.

Lets see:

Culpepper drafted in 1999 and sat started the next year and won the division and went to the championship game.

Ben Roethlisberger forced into starting his rookie year and went 15-1 won the division. The next year he won the superbowl.

Kurt Warner sat his rookie year. Went to the playoffs his second and won the superbowl his third year.

Tom Brady sat his rookie year. Went to the playoffs in his second year after being forced to start because of an injury to Bledsoe. Won the superbowl the next year. Oh yeah won 2 more over the next three years.

Heck even Kyle Orton of the crappy bears went 11-4 his rookie year and won the division.

These are just a few. Also if I remember correctly none were drafted in the top ten.

Sure not all Rookie or second year QB's are that good, but Brees hasn't done anything except for one big year. I say go with BJ and draft a QB.

But hey I am just an insane idiot homer fan who has an opinion.

DiehardVikesFan
03-10-2006, 06:28 AM
Brooks doesn't fit in a WCO. Brooks fits in a vertical passing offense, or on the bench.

GreenBaySlackers
03-10-2006, 06:30 AM
"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:

Brooks doesn't fit in a WCO. Brooks fits in a vertical passing offense, or on the bench.

or the unemployment office










or jail

olson_10
03-10-2006, 06:31 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Skoal_Vikings" wrote:

oh dude, i totally forgot about aaron brooks. i love him as a player. all he needs is some decent coaching. i mean, the guy plays in new orleans you have to give him a break. noone is successfull (i can never remember how to spell that gol 'darnit word) in new orleans. dont forget that he threw 24tds and only 8 ints there in 2003. i would not be upset if he became a viking.

Its funny you say that. Because don't forget about the 4717 yards and 39 TD's Pep threw in 2004. Oh, and the 11 Int's.

Brooks http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/BrooAa00.htm

May as well blame Pep's performance on coaching also.
its funny you say that after the god awful seasons daunte had here in minnesota with all the INT's and Fumbles..brooks is in the same situation daunte was in when the entire team was awful, and the defense was horrendous..the thing with brooks is that he has had mcallister injured on and off during that whole period, and an awful offesive line minus bentley..brooks strung together 4 straight seasons of over 3500 yards passing, and in 2003 had 24 TDs, with only 8 INTs, while completing 60 percent of his passes..this guy has played well every year except for last year in a terrible environment where he has really had no help other than his RB..same kind of situation daunte was in, he just needs the opportunity to break out

olson_10
03-10-2006, 06:33 AM
you guys just all seem to believe that we can win 13 games with brad johnson..the defense isnt good enough to do that, and johnson isnt good enough to win that many games with the number of good teams we will play this year..im not saying brooks is the solution, but he has more upside and potential to put more points on the board than johnson

WakkaWakka
03-10-2006, 06:36 AM
Okay, my first post and this thread immediately caught my attention, why?

I'm a visiting Chargers fan, that's why. We've been split as chargers fans over the Drew Brees situation and the handling of this worst-case scenario by the front office.

We do believe that the injury is worse than originally made out to be. At the chargers boards we've been discussing how the rotator cuff had to be repaired along with the torn labrum. While there have been the players having successful seasons after the same kind of surgery (Rich Gannon for example) we've had the pleasure of seeing Chad Pennington. This is one of the major reasons why Chargers front office has let Brees test the market.

Despite what much of the media has reported the Chargers are still very interested in having Drew Brees back, but they will not pay too much for him and our GM is widely known to play hardball with agents. As a fan I still hope for Brees to be in San Diego next year.

All in all, Drew Brees is great but I'm more surprised to see everyone here so concerned over his injury. Guess you don't want to replace one injured QB with another one. I was over at the Dolphins site and the fans were estatic over Brees, even though FA hasn't even started yet. Just wait until the team gives Brees a physical :roll: :roll: .


My suggestion: Johnson won a super bowl once, and he has obviously carried this team when they were at their lowest. Groom a new young quarterback or possibly get McCown in the mix. Or maybe we'll give you Philip Rivers instead :razz: :razz:

Oh yeah, rumor has it the team is interested in Ben Leber (also from the chargers). If you get him you'll have a solid player with great character in your LB corps.

olson_10
03-10-2006, 06:41 AM
"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

i like aaron brooks and brian griese..either one of them could be a good pickup for us if brees isnt the answer..both would be much cheaper too i would think

I like the idea of winning more than 3 games.
i like his potential and age compared to johnson..he would be a cheap investment..if you could read you would see the "both would be much cheaper too"..with either one of them and johnson, we have the ability to still draft somebody..johnson will either retire or be cut loose after this year, so why not pick up one of those guys, and then draft a QB this year or next?..im trying to throw out possible solutions here, by including guys that can put up big numbers, and arent exactly old

ooh ooh i know i know!

Let's Draft Marcus Vick!
tell me how many QB's drafted in the top ten have won superbowls in the past 10 years..nobody says we need to get young, cutler, or leinhart to come away with a quality QB

mattjenny3
03-10-2006, 06:41 AM
"WakkaWakka" wrote:

Okay, my first post and this thread immediately caught my attention, why?

I'm a visiting Chargers fan, that's why. We've been split as chargers fans over the Drew Brees situation and the handling of this worst-case scenario by the front office.

We do believe that the injury is worse than originally made out to be. At the chargers boards we've been discussing how the rotator cuff had to be repaired along with the torn labrum. While there have been the players having successful seasons after the same kind of surgery (Rich Gannon for example) we've had the pleasure of seeing Chad Pennington. This is one of the major reasons why Chargers front office has let Brees test the market.

Despite what much of the media has reported the Chargers are still very interested in having Drew Brees back, but they will not pay too much for him and our GM is widely known to play hardball with agents. As a fan I still hope for Brees to be in San Diego next year.

All in all, Drew Brees is great but I'm more surprised to see everyone here so concerned over his injury. Guess you don't want to replace one injured QB with another one. I was over at the Dolphins site and the fans were estatic over Brees, even though FA hasn't even started yet. Just wait until the team gives Brees a physical :roll: :roll: .


My suggestion: Johnson won a super bowl once, and he has obviously carried this team when they were at their lowest. Groom a new young quarterback or possibly get McCown in the mix. Or maybe we'll give you Philip Rivers instead :razz: :razz:

Oh yeah, rumor has it the team is interested in Ben Leber (also from the chargers). If you get him you'll have a solid player with great character in your LB corps.

That's a pretty good post, you get a freebie from me for being a Charger's fan. Nothing against the Charger's, they just aren't the Vikings.

Caine
03-10-2006, 06:44 AM
"WakkaWakka" wrote:

Okay, my first post and this thread immediately caught my attention, why?

I'm a visiting Chargers fan, that's why. We've been split as chargers fans over the Drew Brees situation and the handling of this worst-case scenario by the front office.

We do believe that the injury is worse than originally made out to be. At the chargers boards we've been discussing how the rotator cuff had to be repaired along with the torn labrum. While there have been the players having successful seasons after the same kind of surgery (Rich Gannon for example) we've had the pleasure of seeing Chad Pennington. This is one of the major reasons why Chargers front office has let Brees test the market.

Despite what much of the media has reported the Chargers are still very interested in having Drew Brees back, but they will not pay too much for him and our GM is widely known to play hardball with agents. As a fan I still hope for Brees to be in San Diego next year.

All in all, Drew Brees is great but I'm more surprised to see everyone here so concerned over his injury. Guess you don't want to replace one injured QB with another one. I was over at the Dolphins site and the fans were estatic over Brees, even though FA hasn't even started yet. Just wait until the team gives Brees a physical :roll: :roll: .


My suggestion: Johnson won a super bowl once, and he has obviously carried this team when they were at their lowest. Groom a new young quarterback or possibly get McCown in the mix. Or maybe we'll give you Philip Rivers instead :razz: :razz:

Oh yeah, rumor has it the team is interested in Ben Leber (also from the chargers). If you get him you'll have a solid player with great character in your LB corps.

Nice first post....mind if I call you Wakka? :razz:

Yeah, no one is REAL excited about replacing one broken QB with another...then crossing our fingers and praying that they get better. On the flip side, there doesn't seem to be many FA options out there. Well, not good ones anyway. We should know more after this weekend (With the Culpepper trade being "imminent", and FA opening Saturday). Obviously, we're all on pins and needles here.

Anyway, welcome to the boards. Feel free to post more sensible stuff in the future.

Caine

WakkaWakka
03-10-2006, 06:46 AM
"mattjenny3" wrote:

That's a pretty good post, you get a freebie from me for being a Charger's fan. Nothing against the Charger's, they just aren't the Vikings.

Well, I have nothing against the Vikings, they're not the Chargers though :lol: :lol: :lol: .

May I ask though how is Fonoti working out? I heard he got injured but I liked him when the chargers went 12-4. I'm not trying to rag or poke fun, just want to know honestly how he is doing.

1 more thing. Any idea on which team Culpepper is being traded to? (I'm really hoping Miami for very obvious reasons. I want Brees back personally =D, injury or not he is the leader of the chargers =D)

vIker44
03-10-2006, 06:47 AM
Add me to the totals of not wanting Brees..... How many QBs come back from shoulder operations??? He wasn't exactly the strongest arm to start with.... He's going to get killed on all the Vikings forums... If we lose Pepp, we got to look elsewhere....... Just say NO to Brees.......

Skoal_Vikings
03-10-2006, 06:54 AM
"olson_10" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Skoal_Vikings" wrote:

oh dude, i totally forgot about aaron brooks. i love him as a player. all he needs is some decent coaching. i mean, the guy plays in new orleans you have to give him a break. noone is successfull (i can never remember how to spell that gol 'darnit word) in new orleans. dont forget that he threw 24tds and only 8 ints there in 2003. i would not be upset if he became a viking.

Its funny you say that. Because don't forget about the 4717 yards and 39 TD's Pep threw in 2004. Oh, and the 11 Int's.

Brooks http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/BrooAa00.htm

May as well blame Pep's performance on coaching also.
its funny you say that after the god awful seasons daunte had here in minnesota with all the INT's and Fumbles..brooks is in the same situation daunte was in when the entire team was awful, and the defense was horrendous..the thing with brooks is that he has had mcallister injured on and off during that whole period, and an awful offesive line minus bentley..brooks strung together 4 straight seasons of over 3500 yards passing, and in 2003 had 24 TDs, with only 8 INTs, while completing 60 percent of his passes..this guy has played well every year except for last year in a terrible environment where he has really had no help other than his RB..same kind of situation daunte was in, he just needs the opportunity to break out

nice to have someone on my side. and why cant you blame culpeppers shit on the coaches? tice wanted to run the same pass heavy offense that we had with randy even after randy left. he never shouldve been anything more than an oline coach. the randy ratio shouldve told us that. dont forget also that culpepper set an ncaa record for completion % while playing in a WCO in his college days. i would just like to see what daunte can do with a good coach. brooks has been in a terrible situation for most of his career. i dont think many people would disagree if i said new orleans is the worst team to play for in the nfl.

Vikes
03-10-2006, 06:58 AM
I think Brees is solid I would take him.

olson_10
03-10-2006, 07:02 AM
"WakkaWakka" wrote:

"mattjenny3" wrote:

That's a pretty good post, you get a freebie from me for being a Charger's fan. Nothing against the Charger's, they just aren't the Vikings.

Well, I have nothing against the Vikings, they're not the Chargers though :lol: :lol: :lol: .

May I ask though how is Fonoti working out? I heard he got injured but I liked him when the chargers went 12-4. I'm not trying to rag or poke fun, just want to know honestly how he is doing.

1 more thing. Any idea on which team Culpepper is being traded to? (I'm really hoping Miami for very obvious reasons. I want Brees back personally =D, injury or not he is the leader of the chargers =D)
well he only played in one game for us, so we never got a good look at him..reports are that he was horrendously overweight when he came to us, but he was willing to work himself into shape in order to play..i guess we really dont know yet because we havent seen enough of him..i hope we hold onto him because he is definitely a valuable backup

ultravikingfan
03-10-2006, 07:05 AM
"Skoal_Vikings" wrote:

nice to have someone on my side. and why cant you blame culpeppers pooh on the coaches? tice wanted to run the same pass heavy offense that we had with randy even after randy left. he never shouldve been anything more than an oline coach. the randy ratio shouldve told us that. dont forget also that culpepper set an ncaa record for completion % while playing in a WCO in his college days. i would just like to see what daunte can do with a good coach. brooks has been in a terrible situation for most of his career. i dont think many people would disagree if i said new orleans is the worst team to play for in the nfl.

Well, if you need somebody on your side bring better stuff to the table.

Re-read what I wrote about Pep and the coaches. I was saying why can't you blame Peps performance on the coach's like you did Brooks.

Yes, Brooks played for a bad team. But getting rid of Pep and getting Brooks is not a step forward; only lateral.

DiehardVikesFan
03-10-2006, 07:05 AM
"olson_10" wrote:

"WakkaWakka" wrote:

"mattjenny3" wrote:

That's a pretty good post, you get a freebie from me for being a Charger's fan. Nothing against the Charger's, they just aren't the Vikings.

Well, I have nothing against the Vikings, they're not the Chargers though :lol: :lol: :lol: .

May I ask though how is Fonoti working out? I heard he got injured but I liked him when the chargers went 12-4. I'm not trying to rag or poke fun, just want to know honestly how he is doing.

1 more thing. Any idea on which team Culpepper is being traded to? (I'm really hoping Miami for very obvious reasons. I want Brees back personally =D, injury or not he is the leader of the chargers =D)
well he only played in one game for us, so we never got a good look at him..reports are that he was horrendously overweight when he came to us, but he was willing to work himself into shape in order to play..i guess we really dont know yet because we havent seen enough of him..i hope we hold onto him because he is definitely a valuable backup

Fonoti was a pro bowler in 04. When healthy he is a force.

Skoal_Vikings
03-10-2006, 07:07 AM
he better have his fat ass in shape by camp, if we resign him that is. we really need help in the trenches. otherwise no qb, daunte, drew, omar, brad, whoever our qb is will get blasted all year. although, i guess having birk back will help alot too.

WakkaWakka
03-10-2006, 07:07 AM
"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

"WakkaWakka" wrote:

"mattjenny3" wrote:

That's a pretty good post, you get a freebie from me for being a Charger's fan. Nothing against the Charger's, they just aren't the Vikings.

Well, I have nothing against the Vikings, they're not the Chargers though :lol: :lol: :lol: .

May I ask though how is Fonoti working out? I heard he got injured but I liked him when the chargers went 12-4. I'm not trying to rag or poke fun, just want to know honestly how he is doing.

1 more thing. Any idea on which team Culpepper is being traded to? (I'm really hoping Miami for very obvious reasons. I want Brees back personally =D, injury or not he is the leader of the chargers =D)
well he only played in one game for us, so we never got a good look at him..reports are that he was horrendously overweight when he came to us, but he was willing to work himself into shape in order to play..i guess we really dont know yet because we havent seen enough of him..i hope we hold onto him because he is definitely a valuable backup

Fonoti was a pro bowler in 04. When healthy he is a force.

I don't believe he was ever a pro bowler. When he kept his weight in check and wasn't injured man did LaDainian love to run behind him. Fonoti was a force to be reckoned with until last season.

DiehardVikesFan
03-10-2006, 07:11 AM
"WakkaWakka" wrote:

"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

"WakkaWakka" wrote:

"mattjenny3" wrote:

That's a pretty good post, you get a freebie from me for being a Charger's fan. Nothing against the Charger's, they just aren't the Vikings.

Well, I have nothing against the Vikings, they're not the Chargers though :lol: :lol: :lol: .

May I ask though how is Fonoti working out? I heard he got injured but I liked him when the chargers went 12-4. I'm not trying to rag or poke fun, just want to know honestly how he is doing.

1 more thing. Any idea on which team Culpepper is being traded to? (I'm really hoping Miami for very obvious reasons. I want Brees back personally =D, injury or not he is the leader of the chargers =D)
well he only played in one game for us, so we never got a good look at him..reports are that he was horrendously overweight when he came to us, but he was willing to work himself into shape in order to play..i guess we really dont know yet because we havent seen enough of him..i hope we hold onto him because he is definitely a valuable backup

Fonoti was a pro bowler in 04. When healthy he is a force.

I don't believe he was ever a pro bowler. When he kept his weight in check and wasn't injured man did LaDainian love to run behind him. Fonoti was a force to be reckoned with until last season.
You're right, but he should have been :razz: