PDA

View Full Version : kenechi udeze

wyviking
07-07-2004, 11:40 PM
do you think kenechi udeze will be a DE that will become a DE like-jevon kearse,kgb,simeon rice,michael strahan, willie mcginest are for there teams a big play maker, and be among some of the best DE in the nfl

by what i read about him i think he will be among those DE in his first year (hope)

so tell me what you guys think about are 1st rounder

VikingsTw
07-07-2004, 11:53 PM
Well he's young, came out of college early and din't seem real comfortable in the mini camps but this guy is willing to learn and work hard to get better, he has came along ways i think he used to way like 350 to 420 pounds he was just fat and he has worked hard to where he is and he did it in just a couple years, i look for him to be a very good DE in this league but maybe not this year, he will play alot and get some good experience and as the years progress he should pan out into a really solid DE.

pepper 0n moss
07-07-2004, 11:54 PM
while he won't break the sack record this year, but kenichi's play is similar to that of michael strahan ... while he doesn't have the breakaway speed like peppers or jason taylor, he has the strength and finesse to get by defenders

of the two top DE's in the draft, will smith was being compared to julius peppers and jason taylor, while kenichi was more of the strahan type, when it comes to playing style

dan3ski
07-07-2004, 11:54 PM
I think he could be very good. Alot will depend on his upper body strength which means his injury. If the reports are right the injury will not affect his play. So the speed of the game and the length of the season might be the big factors.

hawaiianvike21
07-08-2004, 04:39 AM
I just hope hes not another dimitrius underwood. That would flat out suck and we would be in the hunt for another de in next years draft. http://www.nfl-fans.com/html/emoticons/mecry.gif

AngloVike
07-08-2004, 09:18 AM
I think he will be a solid player and I 'm hoping that we end up with a player that is consistent in his play and not simply spectacular for a few games a year.
Its been a while since we had a dominant DE or even a DL and Udeze gives us the chance to have a solid DL lining up. In that way if one is getting double teamed then the others can exploit the gaps left. This was starting to finally happen last season as Williams and Hovan started to work in this way. Wth Udeze added then it will be harder for OLs to decide how to handle them all.
I was surprised that he feel to us but glad that we took him, if he plays like Williams did last year then we could have a D that will have fun when they are on the field.

whackthepack
07-08-2004, 09:23 AM
I think (who cares right) that Kenechi will start after the 2nd game, hewill beOK the first half of the season as he learns the pro game. In the second half of the season, he starts to shine and he becomes a disruptive force upfront. With him and Kevin Smith the line is going to be better than we have seen since the late 80's.

purplehorn
07-08-2004, 09:42 AM
A new breed of Purple People Eaters is born

Purple D
07-08-2004, 09:47 AM
I think that with Nick Rogers on the other end, those two will dominate. I think with Rogers' speed and Udeze's strength it will be a lethal combination. Plus all the other DE's are pretty good also. But hey only time will tell :thumbleft: :sunny: :thumbright:

purplepat
07-08-2004, 10:55 AM
I think there's no way of knowing. Many DEs are touted to be hot stuff when drafted in the first round, but many are only average or busts in the NFL. We'll just have to wait and see.

SKOL
07-08-2004, 11:00 AM
Michael Bennet was interviewed on the radio Thursday morning. He played pickup basketball with Udeze, and couldn't believe his athletic ability. Bennet said something like, "He jumped right out of the stadium".

sdvikefan
07-08-2004, 11:45 AM
I have seen several reports compare Udeze to Michael Strahan or say he has the potential to match him. I have not seen many reports say that about the top ranked DEs in past drafts. Most people seem to agree he could become one of the best in the league if he stays healthy. I think he will also benefit from being on a line that already has so much talent.

muchluv4smoot
07-08-2004, 11:52 AM
"whackthepack" wrote:

I think (who cares right) that Kenechi will start after the 2nd game, hewill beOK the first half of the season as he learns the pro game. In the second half of the season, he starts to shine and he becomes a disruptive force upfront. With him and Kevin Smith the line is going to be better than we have seen since the late 80's.

Kevin smith??? I think you mean kevin williams. We have a very talented D-line this year, which should help him out some. Last year, our d-line wasn't as strong, yet kevin williams had a great year, which says something about how good he really is. I don't see udeze having a year as good as kevin williams last year. D-lineman just don't come in and have that kind of year very often, with some exceptions like peppers, kearse, and williams. I do see udeze as an awesome DE in this league, but he will struggle some this season. He probably won't be real consistent, probably have some great games and some where he doesn't do much, but this is expected from a rookie d-lineman. I think he will shine in his 2nd year and never look back. You want to know what rookie will be dominant this season for the vikes, look no further than dontarrious thomas.

triedandtruevikesfan
07-08-2004, 12:24 PM
Kevin Smith makes awesome movies ;)

muchluv4smoot
07-08-2004, 12:33 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

Kevin Smith makes awesome movies ;)

Is that the jay and silent bob guy? That movie was awesome.

triedandtruevikesfan
07-08-2004, 12:47 PM
yep :)

dan3ski
07-08-2004, 01:26 PM
Remember the first season is pretty much a learning experience in the NFL so as long as he does not get blown off the line i think it will be a good year. Remember Hovan's first season? While he did not move anybody back neither did he get moved! It was Hovan,s second year in the second half of the season he started to dominate, that is why he get's doubled up so much. With Williams and Udeze if teams double up on Hovan the other two should make them pay! I AM SO READY FOR THIS SEASON TO BEGIN!

amavikesfan
07-08-2004, 03:35 PM
i think it's gonna depend on wether he can beat the single blocking. williams and hovan are going to draw the doubles for the first half of the season, which will leave him single covered. he should be able to at least get preasure on the qb and also shed single blocks in the run game.

ndakvikefan
07-08-2004, 05:04 PM
I heard from one of the vikings being interviewed on the fan ( don't remember who though) anyway he compared him to Simeon Rice. With his size and speed he will demand attention right away. That alone will take pressure off of Williams and Hovan. Unless he absolutely gets manhandled one on one he should be a difference maker right away.

hawaiianvike21
07-09-2004, 05:12 AM
Btw, anyone see the draft right before we drafted udeze??? I dont mean to go offtopic but oh well, anyway it showed some viking fans pointing to a guys watch and saying hurry up tice!

i guess tice made a good decision.

Anyone see that part??? Was very funny. :lol:

VKG4LFE
07-11-2004, 12:08 PM
I don't think we can compare udeze to Simeon Rice, not yet at least. He may have the physical skills and tools that Rice has, but we'll have to see what he can do on the field before any comparisons to Rice are made!!