PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper: Trade me, or Terminate my Contract

Pages : [1] 2 3

VikesfaninWis
03-08-2006, 09:36 PM
I iknow yet another Culpepper thread, but this is something that is breaking news. If it needs to be moved, then fine but thought this is where it needed to be..

Culpepper: Trade me, or terminate my contractESPN.com news services

Daunte Culpepper's days in Minnesota might be numbered.

Culpepper

The quarterback, due a $6 million roster bonus on March 17, released a statement to ESPN on Wednesday that read:

"Now that I have confirmed that the Vikings have been seeking to trade me, I have asked for permission to speak to the interested teams. The Vikings have denied my request. If a trade does not happen then I am asking the Vikings to terminate my contract as soon as possible. I appreciate that the owner, Mr. Wilf, is willing to pay my March bonus. However, because of the fundamental differences I have with management regarding the approach to my personal and professional life, I think it is the best business decision for both parties to go our separate ways. If the team chooses not to honor my request, then I intend to fulfill my contractual obligations to the Minnesota Vikings."

TheKnuck
03-08-2006, 09:39 PM
I just saw this on ESPN too, what the frig is going on???? I thought everything was kosher since we agreed to his bonus??????? This is too much bad news for me to handle this week!!!!!!

cajunvike
03-08-2006, 09:40 PM
Maybe Wilf will end up saving that $6 million after all!

Prophet
03-08-2006, 09:40 PM
If this is true I would drop him within the hour. Last thing the Vikings need is a whiner leader that doesn't want to be playing for them.

However, because of the fundamental differences I have with management regarding the approach to my personal and professional life, I think it is the best business decision for both parties to go our separate ways.

It appears to me that the Vikings organization has been bending over backwards to accomodate him and yet he cries. Sad.

vikingTurf
03-08-2006, 09:41 PM
WTF daunte??????? his ego seems to be taking over his mind!

vikingTurf
03-08-2006, 09:42 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

If this is true I would drop him within the hour. Last thing the Vikings need is a whiner leader that doesn't want to be playing for them.

However, because of the fundamental differences I have with management regarding the approach to my personal and professional life, I think it is the best business decision for both parties to go our separate ways.

It appears to me that the Vikings organization has been bending over backwards to accomodate him and yet he cries. Sad.
Exactly, we can't affod such a whiner. damn I still can't believe it.

Hawgski
03-08-2006, 09:42 PM
I was a huge Daunte supporter...now it is time to start the next chapter under center.

Good - bye C-Pep!!!

Hit the road and don't ever darken the halls of Winter Park again!!!

Skol!

ultravikingfan
03-08-2006, 09:43 PM
Please post link next time.

Culpepper: Trade me, or terminate my contract (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2359699)

bleedpurple27
03-08-2006, 09:45 PM
Daunte is finished in Minnesota if this is true. I'm not even saying that he's in the wrong here....but by venting to the media...again....he's coming off as the jerk here...IMO.

Del Rio
03-08-2006, 09:46 PM
Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out, your too big of a pansy to wear the Vikings armor anymore.

He always has been an emotional head case on the field now we see that he truley is a mess all around.

I would make him fulfill his contract now, only make his ass sit on the bench.

Now the question is will Wilf kiss his ass or will he tell him who is boss?

BIGDADDYG
03-08-2006, 09:47 PM
:crybaby: Ship him out on the next LOVE BOAT!!! :binky: :thebirdman:

Prophet
03-08-2006, 09:51 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Don't let the door hit your jiggly butt on the way out, your too big of a pansy to wear the Vikings armor anymore.

He always has been an emotional head case on the field now we see that he truley is a mess all around.

I would make him fulfill his contract now, only make his jiggly butt sit on the bench.

Now the question is will Wilf kiss his jiggly butt or will he tell him who is boss?

Agree, wuss.

I am really interested in seeing how Wilf/Childress handle this latest egocentric tirade. I have no respect left for Daunte, I was almost to the stage of being an apologist for him at one point. Those days are long gone. Screw you Daunte. Walk the plank.

2beersTommy
03-08-2006, 09:51 PM
I said it once..and I'll say it again..~F-HIM, I hope they ship his a$$ off to Arizona~ SEE -Ya !

Del Rio
03-08-2006, 09:53 PM
What a shitty deal for Wilf. He buys the team after Red ships Moss out, no stadium, horrible coaching, a state that doesn't want to help funding, and about the only thing going for it was it's QB had a great 2004 breaking records and looking like a million bucks.

Now the shit has really hit the fan.

I pray to high heavens we have a fantastic draft/free agency.

triedandtruevikesfan
03-08-2006, 09:53 PM
Yikes!!!!!!!!!! My personal opinion is that I WANT Daunte to stay, but good lord. This is Moss all over again. I wish something would just happen already... I hate this!

midgensa
03-08-2006, 09:54 PM
This is way out of line for any player to do. Sure the organization has been jerking him around a little ... but he has not exactly been the most accesible guy to anyone he does not one to talk to.
This is a sad day in Vikingdom ... and I hope that C-Pep finds his way wherever he lands.

2beersTommy
03-08-2006, 09:55 PM
"midgensa" wrote:

This is way out of line for any player to do. Sure the organization has been jerking him around a little ... but he has not exactly been the most accesible guy to anyone he does not one to talk to.
This is a sad day in Vikingdom ... and I hope that C-Pep finds his way wherever he lands.

and in a hurry !

ultravikingfan
03-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Ok, when is this thread gonna turn into a big ugly fight? Its bound to happen.

Here, I'll start:

"I told you so"

:razz:

Hawgski
03-08-2006, 09:56 PM
No pitty party for him!!! HIT THE BRICKS PEP!!!

bleedpurple27
03-08-2006, 09:57 PM
Ok....this sucks! The year I bought a D. Rudd jersey, he left the next year. Then I bought a R. Griffith jersey...he leaves the next year. So I bought a Hovan jersey and yup...he's gone. Anyone want to take a stab at what jersey I bought last year????????

Culpepper pro bowl (that went over well this year huh?)jersey .....

So...if there's anyone you don't want on the Vikings...let me know!

ultravikingfan
03-08-2006, 09:58 PM
"bleedpurple27" wrote:

Ok....this sucks! The year I bought a D. Rudd jersey, he left the next year. Then I bought a R. Griffith jersey...he leaves the next year. So I bought a Hovan jersey and yup...he's gone. Anyone want to take a stab at what jersey i bought last year????????

BUY A NAP JERSEY!!!

HE BLOWS!!!!

twiztedfait
03-08-2006, 09:59 PM
I have always been kind of indrefferent about Cpep. This however is the last straw.

If we do trade him I just hope that we get more then a Big Mac and a large fry.

Well i guess a Big Mac and a fry is better then cutting him.

VikesFan4Life
03-08-2006, 09:59 PM
All I can say is WOW! If he's traded, I just hope we get something useful for him.

BTW, I LOVE your new sig pic TNT! Gotta love those Anime Girls!
Naga from the Slayers is my favorite.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/VikesFan4Life/NagaAvatar01.jpg

damien927
03-08-2006, 10:00 PM
at least the Vikes know that they can't go into the season with DC on the roster. Now they can and should go after Drew Brees with full force, because a QB like that doesn't become available everyday. I have always thought DC was a bit of a headcase, but this is some crazy stuff man. When they traded Randy, I wanted him to do well. I want Daunte to fall flat on his face, like years of his season last year. If they don't go after Brees or don't get him, they NEED to go get a higher pick in the draft and insure that they can get someone like Cutler.

2beersTommy
03-08-2006, 10:01 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"bleedpurple27" wrote:

Ok....this sucks! The year I bought a D. Rudd jersey, he left the next year. Then I bought a R. Griffith jersey...he leaves the next year. So I bought a Hovan jersey and yup...he's gone. Anyone want to take a stab at what jersey i bought last year????????

BUY A NAP JERSEY!!!

HE BLOWS!!!!

SHOPVAC ~he blows 1 game..sucks the next~

Euphman06
03-08-2006, 10:01 PM
DAMN, im a pep fan... but this pissed me off. I say bring in Brees. The heck with you dante..

ultravikingfan
03-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Good news is that nobody is talking about that stupid a$$ ball boy crapola! :razz:

happy camper
03-08-2006, 10:02 PM
See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya.

NodakPaul
03-08-2006, 10:04 PM
:shock:

Crap. And here I was one of the people defending his ass this whole time. I wonder what tastes best with crow.

What a jackass. He just flushed his trade value down the toilet. I don't even care if we get a third round draft pick now, just get rid of him. Otherwise, I agree with Del, sit his dumb ass on the bench as the third string QB, and don't let him see an ounce of playing time in 2006. Then ship him off to the highest bidder.

Jerk.

Euphman06
03-08-2006, 10:05 PM
we need to make sure we get a good trade now. no bs with this one!

adamv
03-08-2006, 10:06 PM
@bleedpurple27

Please stop buying jersey's...

VikesfaninWis
03-08-2006, 10:08 PM
That rumor about going full force for Brees is looking sweeter by the second. I like pepp to, but this is like a T.O. situation all over for Childress. I much prefer to have Drew Brees, now with Pepp acting like this, it will make that decision so much easier for the Vikes to make now..

See ya Pepp, thanks for the few great seasons that you had for us, but now you have to try and rebuild your game, and image with another team. You only have yourself to blame for that.. Good riddance, don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya..

happy camper
We won't get a good trade.

4th round pick maybe?

We should get Brees before we trade him. Then it's the big FA QB off the market and maybe more teams will want Daunte and maybe that creates an auction.

But then again, maybe NOBODY will bid on him if we get Brees, because they know we'll just release Daunte eventually and then they'll try to get him.

Screw it. Just let him walk.

NodakPaul
"bleedpurple27" wrote:

Ok....this sucks! The year I bought a D. Rudd jersey, he left the next year. Then I bought a R. Griffith jersey...he leaves the next year. So I bought a Hovan jersey and yup...he's gone. Anyone want to take a stab at what jersey I bought last year????????

STAY AWAY FROM THE K-ROB JERSEYS! :!: :wink:

damien927
03-08-2006, 10:09 PM
here's a thought, do you think it would be worth it to pay him the 8mil total he is due this year and sit him on the bench while he gets healthy... then trade him next year for a first rounder? Do you think it would be worth it,....essentially paying 8 mil for a first rounder?

Del Rio
03-08-2006, 10:10 PM
We should trade him to the Jets. Because if he gets his feelings hurt in Minnesota just think what kind of great stories and press we will get to read about from the NY fan base.

kyleo1967
03-08-2006, 10:10 PM
This is the 2nd time in a couple of weeks that I've read that Cpep and Childress are having fundamental differences. Can anybody elaborate on this? Its starting to seem like character is gonna be a huge issue going forward for the vikes.

VikesfaninWis
03-08-2006, 10:11 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Culpepper: Trade me, or terminate my contract (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2359699)

Hey Ultra, sorry about not posting the link. I have pm'd you and told you that I have never done it before, and that I have no idea how to post the link for an artice.. If you let me know the right way to do it, I will be more than happy to post the link in future threads.. Thanks..

vikeswin2005
03-08-2006, 10:12 PM
gggggggggooooooooooddddddddddbbbbbbbbbbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeee

Del Rio
03-08-2006, 10:13 PM
"damien927" wrote:

here's a thought, do you think it would be worth it to pay him the 8mil total he is due this year and sit him on the bench while he gets healthy... then trade him next year for a first rounder? Do you think it would be worth it,....essentially paying 8 mil for a first rounder?

Honestly I think whatever we do we should do it this year. Especially if the CBA doesn't pass tonight. Free up even more cap space to use during this talent filled free agency period.

Del Rio
03-08-2006, 10:14 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Hey Ultra, sorry about not posting the link. I have pm'd you and told you that I have never done it before, and that I have no idea how to post the link for an artice.. If you let me know the right way to do it, I will be more than happy to post the link in future threads.. Thanks..

Just copy and paste the url of the page you got the story off of it will automatically turn it into a link.

LAVike
03-08-2006, 10:17 PM
What happened to the core of our team? Moss and Cpep. Looks like he's on his way out, but this all kinda sucks . . . in theory at least, but it looks like he's burned his bridges with this team and its fans. I miss Moss. At least his antics were amusing, not whiny.

NodakPaul
03-08-2006, 10:17 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"damien927" wrote:

Honestly I think whatever we do we should do it this year. Especially if the CBA doesn't pass tonight. Free up even more cap space to use during this talent filled free agency period.

I actually agree with Del. Hang on...
Nope. Just had to check and see if hell was freezing over. :lol: Anyway, Del's right. We should get what we can now, while we can still get it. besides. it would free up a butt load of cap room, and we can use it to bring in more talent.

Prophet
03-08-2006, 10:18 PM
There may not be a cap. Doesn't matter either way. The last thing the Vikings need is a cancer trying to lead the team. Walk the plank Daunte, I'll make sure to bait the waters before you make the splash.

ThorSPL
03-08-2006, 10:21 PM
Well, other options to consider.....

Trade Pep - if he doesn't wanna be here he won't play too well...
Keep BJ - play him this year (OR go for Brees, but that gets into a hellstorm for market value of our QB)

Aggressively land RB (Edge hopefully) in FA, look to the draft this year in the 1st round (or next) for our next franchise QB.

Man that really sucks either way.....

Muggsy
bleedpurple27 wrote:

Can we get ya ta buy Favre's joisey? Or anyone else's dat we wanna see do a Jimmy Hoffa?

Dis is unreal, y'know? I wonder what all those mugs on da team dat were stumpin' for Culp ta stay are tinkin' now, y'know? I wonder if dey still tink dat Culp is da man, y'know?

Ya know, a guy like Culp wouldn't last long in my racket. He starts out great, gets da big head, impresses everyone, and now he's squealin' to da press like some punk mobster wannabe who's still wet behind da ears. Guys like dat, we takes for a ride, y'know?

I know he's been joiked around by da management, but, he's doin' his share himself, stayin' in Florida to rehab, and not meetin' da new head coach face ta face, like a man, y'know? And now dis.

Well, I don't want no mug on dis team dat ain't got no poiple heart, y'know? I agrees wit' Del. Let's have a great free agency and draft! And den we won't have no bad taste in our mouths about dis Culpepper mug no more, y'know?

NordicNed
I'll be glad to be the one to boot him in his ass and send him on his way..

I've always supported PeP, and now he comes out with this weak statement?......

He sounds like a frigging cry baby for crying out load.

I can just imagine if wilf and the others agreed to his shallow offer of " you can even hold off on my bonus crap, I want to help the team" he would have thrown that in the teams and oweners face every time he got a chance to down the road......Smart move on Wilfs part to not take that bait.

I was truly hoping Pep would turn it around and start stepping up, but since the injury, he's done nothing but hide and feed the flames himself on the rumor mills being built out there.

I'll burn his shirt the day he is gone.....Hell, I'll do it tonight.....

Good Bye you big dick...............I'm sorry I ever believed in you to begin with..

Del Rio
03-08-2006, 10:23 PM
"LAVike" wrote:

What happened to the core of our team? Moss and Cpep. Looks like he's on his way out, but this all kinda sucks . . . in theory at least, but it looks like he's burned his bridges with this team and its fans. I miss Moss. At least his antics were amusing, not whiny.

When Moss went out I stood up for the decision, relying on Culpepper to carry the team. Watching the events unfold I feel really bad for supporting Pep and praising Moss' departure because IMO I have come to realize that:

Culpepper wanted money and to have his back rubbed by management, he was willing to hop through hoops and be a good boy to get his treats.

Moss wanted to win.

While I didn't agree with Moss' antics and his attitude all the time if I had this info prior I would be begging for their roles to be switched.

blouxme
03-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Never really cared for DC but still feel a little sorry for the numbskull. Is there a possibility of getting Cutler. What are the odds? I like Brees but would prefer to start with fresh uninjured meat at the position.

finnishvikingsfan
03-08-2006, 10:24 PM
I was not for trading Daunte when he didnt want to go. But now that he wants to go I say good bye it was fun while it lasted.

Roles
03-08-2006, 10:25 PM
Daunte has been a baby ever since he got hurt...did not support the team...stayed in Miami rehabbing...he is a huge (injured and may never be the same) quarterback that is now one dimensional. He also has no clue how to run the West Coast offense. And why is he being such a wuss emailing the media. At least TO put in on film. Let that ship sail... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

josdin00
"NodakPaul" wrote:

:shock:

Crap. And here I was one of the people defending his jiggly butt this whole time. I wonder what tastes best with crow.

What a j~~~~~~s. He just flushed his trade value down the toilet. I don't even care if we get a third round draft pick now, just get rid of him. Otherwise, I agree with Del, sit his dumb jiggly butt on the bench as the third string QB, and don't let him see an ounce of playing time in 2006. Then ship him off to the highest bidder.

Jerk.

The best the Vikings were going to get for a 'mobile' QB with his injury was a conditional pick in '07. They might have a hard time getting even that now.

Del Rio
"ThorSPL" wrote:

Keep BJ - play him this year (OR go for Brees, but that gets into a hellstorm for market value of our QB)

Aggressively land RB (Edge hopefully) in FA, look to the draft this year in the 1st round (or next) for our next franchise QB.

If the CBA doesnt go through, you could get Edge and Brees this offseason and sign others as well. You could even play one another off each other to make it happen. "Hey Drew, we are signing edge....between the two of you we will go far" "Hey edge we have Brees waiting on the word he says he's in if you join."

audioghost
03-08-2006, 10:26 PM
I hate all this b/s! Why can't our stupid front office b!tches just console Peppy and treat him like he's a part of the team, and why can't Peppy just accept the fact that he sucked last year and that he will need to prove himself, which shouldn't be hard if he is, indeed, the best QB on our team....

GOL' DARNIT! WHY CAN'T THESE A-HOLES JUST GET ALONG! IF PEPPY IS GONE, MICKINNIE SAID HE'D WANT TO GO, I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO QUIT B!TCHING AND CHILL!

cajunvike
I CAN'T WAIT to see how DCPologirl reacts to this announcement...she is gonna go ballistic!!!

VikesfaninWis
"ThorSPL" wrote:

I say trade Pepp to like the Redskins for Patrick Ramsey as our backup. If we can go after Brees and get him, let him and BJ fight for the starting position.. Or another scenario would be to get Gus Ferotte back as our backup, possibly trading Pepp for O-Line help.. Either way we need to get rid of Pepp, I never thought I would hear myself say that, but we are better off without that distraction... Plus it would rid ourselves of bad publicity over the Boat Scandal, it would make it look like Wilf is getting rid of the problems..

LAVike
03-08-2006, 10:28 PM
That's just great. Had we traded Cpep after his MVP deserving season, we woulda been loaded with options (1st rounders, and the like). After last year's debacle, and multiple knee tears, he's worth about a $1.50. No one wants to trade anything for him now, 'cause they see the $6 mil roster bonus approaching and figure the Vikes will just release him--costing whichever team nothing. Ugh . . . just sad. I guess we'll see how this plays out shortly.

cajunvike
03-08-2006, 10:29 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

I hate all this b/s! Why can't our stupid front office b!tches just console Peppy and treat him like he's a part of the team, and why can't Peppy just accept the fact that he sucked last year and that he will need to prove himself, which shouldn't be hard if he is, indeed, the best QB on our team....

GOL' DARNIT! WHY CAN'T THESE A-HOLES JUST GET ALONG! IF PEPPY IS GONE, MICKINNIE SAID HE'D WANT TO GO, I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO QUIT B!TCHING AND CHILL!

I will be willing to bet that if we get Edge, McKinney is going NOWHERE!

Prophet
03-08-2006, 10:29 PM
Just hit the wire at KFFL

KFFL
http://www.kffl.com/images/hot_sign.jpgVikings | Culpepper wants to be released
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 12:00:51 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings QB Daunte Culpepper has said he would like the team to release him if the Vikings are not able to trade him. "Now that I have confirmed that the Vikings have been seeking to trade me, I have asked for permission to speak to the interested teams. The Vikings have denied my request," Culpepper said in an e-mail to the paper. "If a trade does not happen, then I am asking the Vikings to terminate my contract as soon as possible. ... Because of the fundamental differences I have with management regarding the approach to my personal and professional life, I think it is the best business decision for both parties to go our separate ways," Culpepper said.

adamv
03-08-2006, 10:30 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

We should trade him to the Jets. Because if he gets his feelings hurt in Minnesota just think what kind of great stories and press we will get to read about from the NY fan base.

That's actually pretty good idea but not really for that reason. I think most people would be offended if they were shopped around...how can you fault him for that. Back to the jets deal I like pep and hope he's around but if not cutler should be around @ their #1 and they're looking for a qb...

damien927
"ThorSPL" wrote:

Man that really sucks either way.....The only problem with that is that the QB's after the top 3 this year are not that promising. I know there is a diamond in the rough, but what are the chances that we would get the next Brady? Not so hot, if we are going to draft a QB iwth the intention of making him the franchise in 08', then we need to trade up. Offer the Jets DC and our first rounder four #4 overall. Hell, throw in someone else, just get someone who can lead us in the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Del Rio
"cajunvike" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

I wouldn't cry if they packages Mckinnie and Pep together for a good lineman. That guy is always getting into trouble and being the best of the worst isn't anything to brag about. No sleep lost if he walks too.

whackthepack
I hate to say I told you so, but it was apparent that C-pep does not want to be with the Vikings or in Minnesota any more! I think that his wife is all over his sorry giggly butt about the boat trip and his being charged with lewd behavior! He doesn't want to come back here and his saying that he never asked for a raise is bullsh*t!

He was doing everything he could not to come back here, and for that Daunte you really disappoint me! You could have played this way different, it is not the Vikings fault, or their fans fault, that you and a bunch of other players got busted screwing around! Instead of blaming everybody else, be a man and realize that you screwed up and quit being the bbitch!

You wouldn't support the team after you got hurt, you wouldn't meet with your new coach face to face, you ask for a 10 million dollar raise even tho you might not be able to play this year, and may never be as good as you were! You did not want to come back, so quit acting like the one who has been wronged, grow up and be a man!

If we could get anything for you I would trade him, if not then cut his sorry a$$ and use the money to get Drew Breeze or trade for Matt Schaub from Atlanta!

adamv
03-08-2006, 10:31 PM
@Prophet
Try reading the thread first

damien927
03-08-2006, 10:32 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

I wouldn't cry if they packages Mckinnie and Pep together for a good lineman. That guy is always getting into trouble and being the best of the worst isn't anything to brag about. No sleep lost if he walks too.too bad Walter Jones isn't on a team that needs a QB!

NodakPaul
03-08-2006, 10:32 PM
"blouxme" wrote:

Never really cared for DC but still feel a little sorry for the numbskull. Is there a possibility of getting Cutler. What are the odds? I like Brees but would prefer to start with fresh uninjured meat at the position.

We are not going to get a decent QB in the draft at the 17th spot. We would need to do some fancy trading to get up in the top four or five to even consider it. Maybe we could trade him and our #17 pick to the Jets for their #4 pick. Highly doubt it though...

I think we need to go FA. Brees is obviously the first choice, but Ramsey wouldn't be a bad deal either.

Del Rio
03-08-2006, 10:33 PM
"adamv" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

That's actually pretty good idea but not really for that reason. I think most people would be offended if they were shopped around...how can you fault him for that. Back to the jets deal I like pep and hope he's around but if not cutler should be around @ their #1 and they're looking for a qb...

I wont argue with you about him being justified in throwing a hissy fit over being shopped, all I will say is all his actions or lack of actions from the time he got hurt up until now have lead me to my comments not just this new information, this is just icing on the cake.

And yeah the Jets are a possibility but in the end I have a feeling he is just let go for cap space.

DarrinNelsonguy
So he is mad at the new coaching staff, maybe he doesn't match their type of work ethic. We have to get something of value for him of we are in big trouble.

josdin00
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

Plus it would rid ourselves of bad publicity over the Boat Scandal, it would make it look like Wilf is getting rid of the problems..

I've often wondered if that's why Wilf was shopping Pep in the first place. He has stated that he wanted to clean up this team, and getting rid of the starting QB (and the face of the franchise) is a strong message to send about each player's job security.

VikesfaninWis
03-08-2006, 10:35 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

Right on Cajun. They played together at Miami. I would say that if we got Edge, McKinney is staying with us...

damien927
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"blouxme" wrote:

We are not going to get a decent QB in the draft at the 17th spot. We would need to do some fancy trading to get up in the top four or five to even consider it. Maybe we could trade him and our #17 pick to the Jets for their #4 pick. Highly doubt it though...

I think we need to go FA. Brees is obviously the first choice, but Ramsey wouldn't be a bad deal either.no way we get any QB worth playing in the first round at #17!

Del Rio
"whackthepack" wrote:

I hate to say I told you so, but it was apparent that C-pep does not want to be with the Vikings or in Minnesota any more! I think that his wife is all over his sorry giggly butt but the boat trip and his being charged with lewd behavior! He doesn't want to come back here and his saying that he never asked for a raise is bullsh*t!

He was doing everything he could not to come back here, and for that Daunte you really disappoint me! You could have played this way different, it is not the Vikings fault, or their fans fault, that you and a bunch of other players got busted screwing around! Instead of blaming everybody else, be a man and realize that you screwed up and quit being the bbitch!

You wouldn't support the team after you got hurt, you wouldn't meet with your new coach face to face, you ask for a 10 million dollar raise even tho you might not be able to play this year, and may never be as good as you were! You did not want to come back, so quit acting like the one who has been wronged, grow up and be a man!

If we could get anything for you I would trade him, if not then cut his sorry a$$ and use the money to get Drew Breeze or trade for Matt Schaub from Atlanta!

Agree and have agreed since day one whack.

The guy does not want to be here anymore and I also have felt a lot of it had to do with his wife. I think a lot of it also has to do with the Moss shadow and with the new ownership making him work for a living and not riding on the coattails of prior success like his buddy Tice did.

Prophet
"adamv" wrote:

@Prophet

adamv. Try getting a clue before attempting to call me out. If you are referring to my 'hitting the wire' post it is relevant since KFFL many times has the first listing of something...in this case they lagged by a little and that was the point.

damien927
03-08-2006, 10:37 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

Right on Cajun. They played together at Miami. I would say that if we got Edge, McKinney is staying with us...

Heck, McKinnie should be lobbying for Edge to come here now, it isn't against the rules for him to contact him.

Ddawg84
03-08-2006, 10:37 PM
If this is ture... then hell yes I want him gone, our organization can't fall apart with a QB that is takin up so much money and really does not want to be in Minnesota. The only part that bothers me is... I don't want to wait around again for another "franchise".... (and dear god no one better awnser back Brad Johnson) QB to come about. I think we can have enough talent on this team next year to make a serious push to the SB. So we better get Drew... and give us a chance of a QB that can come in and make an immediate impact. I dont want to be like the Bears who last year was only really held back by not having a solid or experienced QB.

And another thing that really concerns me, is what about all the players that backed not trading Daunte. Some talked about how they came to Minnesota cause Daunte played here, and Mckinnie... sayin he would not want to play here when his contract is up, if Daunte is gone. That stuff is what concerns me the most... is how our team responds to a new QB. And will it affect new players from wanting to come here... without his face stamping our franchise anymore??? Just a little concerned...

But if we already have the highest cap room in the NFL... now imagin what we would have... :) so that is exciting!!!

But either way... I am sure we will be finding out Daunte's fate soon... cause with Free Agency... just around the corner... if we are gunna need to make plans for making a run at a QB... we will need to hop to that!
WOW the suspense and the unknown of all this crap... scares the hell out of me!!!

DarrinNelsonguy
03-08-2006, 10:38 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

I hate to say I told you so, but it was apparent that C-pep does not want to be with the Vikings or in Minnesota any more! I think that his wife is all over his sorry giggly butt but the boat trip and his being charged with lewd behavior! He doesn't want to come back here and his saying that he never asked for a raise is bullsh*t!

Yes I want Matt Schaub from ATL I think he would be a good QB and so what if he costs a 2nd round pick.

burger13
What's up........Dolphin fan here just checking in on the Minn fan base reaction to this latest development.

IMO, you guys are still in a very good position in all of this. With all of the cap space that you have, you can afford to sign Brees w/o cutting Culpepper and then QB hungry teams (like the Dolphins) will be more inclined to deal for him, with no other viable options on the market.

I think that a conditional 2007 3rd round pick which could escalate as high as a 1st rounder would be worth doing for both teams.

adamv
"Prophet" wrote:

"adamv" wrote:

@Prophet

adamv. Try getting a clue before attempting to call me out. If you are referring to my 'hitting the wire' post it is relevant since KFFL many times has the first listing of something...in this case they lagged by a little and that was the point.

Dude its the frakin title of the thread!!

so i repeat

VikesfaninWis
03-08-2006, 10:40 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"adamv" wrote:

@Prophet

Wow, a rookie calling out Prophet.. This should get interesting.. lol

ejmat
03-08-2006, 10:40 PM
I wouldn't mind talking to the Jags regarding a trade for Gerrard. I like Matt Shaub too but I think Gerrard is a beast. He would also be the style QB that Childress likes. He's big, strong, fast, and has an arm.

Prophet
03-08-2006, 10:41 PM
"adamv" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"adamv" wrote:

@Prophet

Dude its the frakin title of the thread!!

so i repeat

You are truly anidiot. Try reading the thread yourself. I was obviously aware of that since I was one of the first people to respond to the thread on the first page. I was posting relevant information in the same thread. One was from ESPN the other was from the Pioneer Press as reported by KFFL. So get off my back before I bury you alive. lmao.

Ddawg84
"happy camper" wrote:

4th round pick maybe?

We should get Brees before we trade him. Then it's the big FA QB off the market and maybe more teams will want Daunte and maybe that creates an auction.

But then again, maybe NOBODY will bid on him if we get Brees, because they know we'll just release Daunte eventually and then they'll try to get him.

I almost want to let him walk... just so he can see that he is not going to get nearly as much money from other teams... that he is making right now!!!

But yet I want something for him... I like the Idea of trading him for 2007 draft picks based on how much he plays and his performance in the 2006 season.

DaunteHOF
Give him his money, he'll change his mind. Dont let DC11 go, Moss and Culpepper gone in back2back seasons, I cant handle that.

DarrinNelsonguy
"burger13" wrote:

What's up........Dolphin fan here just checking in on the Minn fan base reaction to this latest development.

IMO, you guys are still in a very good position in all of this. With all of the cap space that you have, you can afford to sign Brees w/o cutting Culpepper and then QB hungry teams (like the Dolphins) will be more inclined to deal for him, with no other viable options on the market.

I think that a conditional 2007 3rd round pick which could escalate as high as a 1st rounder would be worth doing for both teams.

Yes, but we don't want to get stuck with a plethera of QBs that eat cap space when we need to speed money on a RB, LB and at OL.

Del Rio
03-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Calm down guys.

Adam it's not unheard of for multiple threads to have more then one source given for the info. It's sort of a way to help proove the accuracy of a thread especially one this big.

No harm no foul.

Let's focus on our situation as a team now.

adamv
03-08-2006, 10:43 PM
why not just post every link you can find to same story just for good measure

PurpleRide
03-08-2006, 10:43 PM
Up to this statement I backed pep, now I say show him the door! How can anyone offened MN sports fans a few days after the greatest ever died. Puck took a paycut to stay here, pep now wants to cry about whatever he wants to, what a waste of talent. F_ck you pep!

VikesfaninWis
03-08-2006, 10:44 PM
"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

Yes I want Matt Schaub from ATL I think he would be a good QB and so what if he costs a 2nd round pick.

Schaub is good, he has poise. He would be a great fit as a WCO QB.. I wouldn't mind having him either. I still think the Vikes will go full force after Drew Brees though. I just think that if we get Brees, Johnson will be unhappy to the point that he will ask for a trade. I think it is safe that we go after a castoff like Gus Ferotte as well just to cover our asse$.. You know what I mean?

hungryboy
Go Drew Brees!!! Get what ever we can and run. We can do better.

damien927
"Ddawg84" wrote:

"happy camper" wrote:

4th round pick maybe?

I almost want to let him walk... just so he can see that he is not going to get nearly as much money from other teams... that he is making right now!!!

But yet I want something for him... I like the Idea of trading him for 2007 draft picks based on how much he plays and his performance in the 2006 season.trade him for 2008 draft picks based on his 2007 performance. He will miss most of 2006 and any team would leave him on the bench just long enough to to give up the least. I like where you are going with that though, good thought.

Del Rio
03-08-2006, 10:45 PM
"adamv" wrote:

Go ahead just make sure they are in this thread. No problem there, you only get into problems when people make new threads about the same info. Getting different sources for a story is fine as long as they remain controlled in one thread.

Prophet
03-08-2006, 10:45 PM
"adamv" wrote:

If that was the case, like it is for many people who choose to do so by starting new threads with the same link then you would have reason for concern. I advise you to use your mind. This is an example of how to post, use the same thread for similar information from different sources instead of starting new threads. Think. It makes life easier.

BBQ Platypus
03-08-2006, 10:46 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

Yikes!!!!!!!!!! My personal opinion is that I WANT Daunte to stay, but good lord. This is Moss all over again. I wish something would just happen already... I hate this!

Ugh...we're screwed if we trade him, and we have a huge problem QB on our hands if we don't. This is one sticky, smelly situation. I think I'm going to puke. :pukeright:

But then again, Daunte is not in a good position to do this right now. He won't get signed for much. He KNOWS that any team that signs him will renegotiate for even less than he's already making, so if he's pissed off about money, this is the wrong move.

If the Vikings keep him, he has no choice but to play as well as he can or things will get even worse. The Vikes will want to pay him less and will probably trade him to a team who will renegotiate his contract for even less than they would if the Vikings released him now. That's why this move puzzles me. He's either remarkably stupid or he's bluffing his @$$ off.

I say we give him a hard kick in the @$$, a "nice try, wise guy," and one season to raise his stock. It would really be the best option for him to do a good job here rather than leave and get paid even less.

(Of course, a change of scenery might lead to a decrease in the number of his own team's fans who hate his guts).

DarrinNelsonguy
03-08-2006, 10:46 PM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Give him his money, he'll change his mind. Dont let DC11 go, Moss and Culpepper gone in back2back seasons, I cant handle that.

Sorry but why give a huge raise to a QB that is hurt and you don't know how he will play when he comes back. I don't think the money would change his mind I think he wants to leave no matter what.

I do have faith in the new front office to find the best deal possible for Pep and when we win the Super Bowl in the near future he can look at his Cracker Jack ring and wish he would have shut his mouth and tow the company line.

triedandtruevikesfan
03-08-2006, 10:47 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"adamv" wrote:

Go ahead just make sure they are in this thread. No problem there, you only get into problems when people make new threads about the same info. Getting different sources for a story is fine as long as they remain controlled in one thread.

Which was the cause of my insanity last year with all the Moss threads

VikesfaninWis
03-08-2006, 10:48 PM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Get use to it. As sure as Moss is no longer a Viking, Pepp is history soon after fa begins.. Whether or not he wants to be here, after that comment, he is gone.. If no deal is made tonight regarding the CBA, fa starts tonight and Pepp could very well be on his way tomorrow..

Del Rio
03-08-2006, 10:49 PM

"Del Rio" wrote:

"adamv" wrote:

Which was the cause of my insanity last year with all the Moss threads

Yeah I remember that. It was rough I think Webby must have been damn near the point of shutting her down and letting a few months pass by lol. JK I dont think it went that far.

That is where the frustration comes from especially in a story like this, when you want answers now and some joker keeps making new threads that has old info :evil:

DarrinNelsonguy
03-08-2006, 10:51 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Get use to it. As sure as Moss is no longer a Viking, Pepp is history soon after fa begins.. Whether or not he wants to be here, after that comment, he is gone.. If no deal is made tonight regarding the CBA, fa starts tonight and Pepp could very well be on his way tomorrow..

The new Triangle of Terror will not tolerate T.O.-type mouth spouting and they should not have to dealing with grown men.

damien927
03-08-2006, 10:52 PM
DC obviously doesn't want to lpay in MN no matter what, but he can't say that or other teams won't want him. That is why he has to say that he will honor the contract if the Vikings choose not to honor his request. He IS the bad guy, but he is trying to look like the good guy in all of this.

DaunteHOF
03-08-2006, 10:54 PM
Pep is not the bad guy, he's one of the classiest players in the NFL, a god damn spokesman

finnishvikingsfan
03-08-2006, 10:55 PM
I would not cut Culpepper. I would only trade him. I would rather get something out of him than nothing. And if he complains about it I would put him in his place.

NordicNed
03-08-2006, 10:56 PM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Pep is not the bad guy, he's one of the classiest players in the NFL, a god gol 'darnit spokesman

Daunte is a trader and loser.....If you notice, I light him up with the help wanted adds..........Maybe he can find a job cleaning toilets on his bum knee........

adamv
Guess I find it hard to see the need for redundant links to the same source. kffl(sportsticker) just recycled the content from a previous link(ESPN). That doesn't add creditablity...its the same source.

ultravikingfan
I knew there would be a tleast one fight.

Hey, lets all get our underoos in a bundle now. :grin:

damien927
03-08-2006, 10:57 PM
ned, that is f'ing great! you are my new hero!

If the Vikings can't trade DC, I bet they wait until the last minute possible on March 17th to Cut him. Hopefully by then, a lot of the FA money will be used up.

bleedpurple27
03-08-2006, 10:57 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

This is what I think of you PEP, you piece of pooh....

May you burn in hell you loser....... And don't anyone dear to take this last pic as a sig, it's all mine..........I need a sig maker NOW.......

You go Ned!
I have a Culpepper jersey to burn....and a Griffith, Rudd Hovan jersey for that matter.....No more jerseys for me!

FuadFan
03-08-2006, 10:59 PM
We won't be able to trade him if there is any truth in that we would end up cutting him and I doubt that Gerrard or Schaub could be acquired at all or you would have to give up a first rounder at minimum so forget about them. As I have been doing most of the time I will just wait and see what Wilf decides to do I have been stressed about this for too long now so let's just see what will be decided for the future.

NordicNed
03-08-2006, 11:00 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/cebuned/000_0101.jpg

Where did they go?.....

Okay, I'll keep the number down to one pic..

My future sig, thats for sure...

finnishvikingsfan
03-08-2006, 11:01 PM
With this Daunte will look like a bad guy. Not that he is but because Minnesotans lost a hero. And now we need to let out our anger on someone and Daunte seem to take that place.

bleedpurple27
03-08-2006, 11:01 PM
The good news in all of this is that we shouldn't have to wait very long to find out what's going to happen with Pep.

NordicNed
03-08-2006, 11:02 PM
"FuadFan" wrote:

We won't be able to trade him if there is any truth in that we would end up cutting him and I doubt that Gerrard or Schaub could be acquired at all or you would have to give up a first rounder at minimum so forget about them. As I have been doing most of the time I will just wait and see what Wilf decides to do I have been stressed about this for too long now so let's just see what will be decided for the future.

I don't care what happens from here out, he's on my shit list now for life....

Can't believe I backed this guy up for so long.... :sad:

simonsparre
I wonder if Pepper could just shot up and play!

Del Rio
"adamv" wrote:

Guess I find it hard to see the need for redundant links to the same source. kffl(sportsticker) just recycled the content from a previous link(ESPN). That doesn't add creditablity...its the same source.

My best advice would be if you see one that seems pointless to you, to just pass on by it and worry about the information itself.

Some people are at work and have filters that do not allow them to access certain sites, if some guy can't read the full story on ESPN but a different link is given with the same information gains him/her access then it has served him well. If it doesn't serve you well no harm no foul.

What doesn't serve anyone well is arguing about it with the person who posted it. If it bothers you alot it can be discussed via pm with the overlord.

NordicNed
03-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Yea, he can play somewhere else, that's where he can play.......

BBQ Platypus
03-08-2006, 11:03 PM
It's really sad how this is all going down...personally, I think the media started it and made Daunte's stay in Minnesota a living hell. But regardless of what happens, it might not necessarily translate much to DC's play on the field. He always tries hard at playing. Far too often, contract squabbles like this lead to massive trades of "problem" players (even in basketball, i.e. Sam Cassell to the Clippers). This may be justified, but it depends on the context, and I think it's clear that Daunte isn't a distraction on the field. The "T.O. Model" of dealing with player disputes is not an absolute, fail-proof method. If he's an intelligent, logical human being, DC won't let this affect his play on the football field. If it does, THEN we trade him for whatever we can get out of him.

If stupid B.S. like this leads to poor play, THEN it's enough to justify a trade. But I'm already tired of initiating trades based solely on the stupid B.S. itself. Were we a better, less-distracted team without Moss? No. It was a stupid trade that had little or no justification other than off-the-field issues.

T.O. deserved to be axed because his actions and words were very closely related to the game itself. Daunte shouldn't get traded YET.

magicci
03-08-2006, 11:04 PM
this is bullshit put it makes me wanna cry

Del Rio
03-08-2006, 11:07 PM
"magicci" wrote:

this is kaka del toro put it makes me wanna cry

Does this help the pain?

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/SlimShady03/KobeFightingLikeaGirl.gif

LOL JK

cajunvike
03-08-2006, 11:08 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

I CAN'T WAIT to see how DCPologirl reacts to this announcement...she is gonna go ballistic!!!

She JUST called me on my cell...I was right...she was freakin' out!

She was at a sports bar having a bite to eat and watching the Georgetown game...and they scrolled it on the bottom of the screen.

And man, did she do some serious venting!!!

I wouldn't want to be Daunte in the same room with Polo right now...she would tear him limb from limb!!! :lol:

finnishvikingsfan
03-08-2006, 11:08 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"magicci" wrote:

Does this help the pain?

LOL JK

That helps my pain. :grin:

BIGDADDYG
03-08-2006, 11:09 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

Where did they go?.....

Nice Pic Ned!!! :occasion5:

whackthepack
BBQ the press in Minnesota is a cake walk compared to New York, Boston, Philly, LA or Miami! If he can not handle it here than he will get eaten alive in those towns!

Ned did you really just burn your Daunte Jersey? You could have sold it on Ebay

vikesoto
WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If he wants out, trade him now. Get what you can, not that any team is going to offer much knowing that he wants out, and address the QB need ASAP!!! I would hate to see the Vikings get nothing for him. At this point,maybe a 2nd round pick isn't so out of the question like it seemed a couple weeks ago.Maybe the Raiders, now that Collins is gone, would be intrested ??????What if the team keeps him?????????

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VikingsTw
03-08-2006, 11:10 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"magicci" wrote:

Does this help the pain?

LOL JK

LMAO, i never seen that before.

NordicNed
03-08-2006, 11:11 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

She JUST called me on my cell...I was right...she was freakin' out!

She was at a sports bar having a bite to eat and watching the Georgetown game...and they scrolled it on the bottom of the screen.

And man, did she do some serious venting!!!

I wouldn't want to be Daunte in the same room with Polo right now...she would tear him limb from limb!!! :lol:

Cajun,

My fire is still burning if DC wants to toss her Pep stuff onto it......I wish ESPN was here to film it...... :lol:

RK.
03-08-2006, 11:11 PM
I can't say that I am surprised by this news. When Pep came to MN for his knee, just after Childress was hired and couldn't make the time to meet with the new coach, I had a feeling that his days were numbered. In fact I posted as much. What sucks is by making this announcement he has killed his worth to the team and is forcing Wilf to cut his a$$ before the 6mil has to be paid. Pep has insured he will get hired by another team quickly because it will not cost them anything to pick him up. Basically he just screwed the Vikes with this announcement.

I have posted several time that BJ would be our starting QB next year. I don't see that changing at this point. I think that Pep knew he couldn't make the grade with the WC offense and with Childress. His snotty comments about the "triangle of authority" recently was a real tip off to me about where he was at with the new owners.

See this thread (http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=318737#318737)

Time for CP to get his roll on and roll on out of MN. Don't let the oar hit you in the a$$ as you leave. :knob:

whackthepack
03-08-2006, 11:12 PM
I wish that the Raiders had the cap room, I am sure that Al Davis would trade for C-pep!

BBQ Platypus
"whackthepack" wrote:

BBQ the press in Minnesota is a cake walk compared to New York, Boston, Philly, LA or Miami! If he can not handle it here than he will get eaten alive in those towns!

Oh, you mean it's WORSE in those towns? Well, in that case, that makes it perfectly acceptable! :roll:

NordicNed
"whackthepack" wrote:

Ned did you really just burn your Daunte Jersey? You could have sold it on Ebay I wouldn't give that jersey away, This is how I wanted to vent at the moment for me......Priceless.... :wink:

Del Rio
"vikingstw" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

"magicci" wrote:

Does this help the pain?

LOL JK

LMAO, i never seen that before.

I've had it saved for a little while something about watching Kobe getting punched in the throat and then flailing like a little girl makes me smile so I saved it.

Don't worry Magic I like Alonzo Mourning and I remember watching him try to fight Larry Johnson and it looked all to similar, of course Mourning didn't get socked in the throat! :grin:

NodakPaul
03-08-2006, 11:13 PM
"damien927" wrote:

ned, that is f'ing great! you are my new hero!

If the Vikings can't trade DC, I bet they wait until the last minute possible on March 17th to Cut him. Hopefully by then, a lot of the FA money will be used up.

You know, I would love that, but I doubt it would happen. that would piss off a lot of players, and the Vikings don't need that. However, you you see the Vikings spending right up to their limit and keeping Pep at the same time, it just might happen...

whackthepack
03-08-2006, 11:14 PM
"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

Oh, you mean it's WORSE in those towns? Well, in that case, that makes it perfectly acceptable! :roll:

It is reality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right or wrong has nothing to do with it!

Del Rio
03-08-2006, 11:15 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

Ned did you really just burn your Daunte Jersey? You could have sold it on Ebay I wouldn't give that jersey away, This is how I wanted to vent at the moment for me......Priceless.... :wink:

I saw some brown streaks on the jersey, that a boy Ned I see your following protocol by putting it to good use prior to the burn.

Hey JimmyMac why are you sitting by your computer grin ear to ear and not posting??? :grin: :grin:

damien927
I love that Kobe gettin' smacked clip, who was beatin' him down? That was the girliest punch that I have ever seen that Kobe threw back at him.

DaunteHOF
Daunte is one of the best QBs to come to this franchise and you're gonna just trade him away

VikingsTw
03-08-2006, 11:16 PM
I think a simple solution to this is to get rid of pepp and go after a young talented proven Brees.

I could definitly settle for that, get him a good offensive line and some weapons around him and we got a consistent offense, with Brad Johnson playing backup.

If pepp wants to whine i'm ready to get rid of him.

whackthepack
03-08-2006, 11:18 PM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Daunte is one of the best QBs to come to this franchise and you're gonna just trade him away

Do you just not get it? He does not want to be here anymore and has been trying everything he can for the last 3 months to get traded! Does a shark have to swim up your butt for you to get it! It is not down to if we want to trade him, he is forcing the Vikes hand and has been!

damien927
03-08-2006, 11:18 PM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Are you kidding, the guy doesn't want to be here!!!!!!!!! what the heck do you expect them to do? Pay him 8mil to ride the pine and screw up the locker room? Even if he does get healthym he proved last year that he can't read defenses. If he knows b4 the play where he is going, he did great, but every time he had to make actual decisions, he f'ed it up. Maybe those terrible WONDERLIC scores had some meaning behind them.

tastywaves
03-08-2006, 11:19 PM
I can't believe Daunte's dumb ass agent allowed him to release that statement. :shock:

Del Rio
03-08-2006, 11:20 PM
No team in their right mind would trade because the Vikings would release him prior to his bonus.

That is unless they were worried that there will be a lot of competition for him and miss out to a different team.

I would let him walk, no bonus no nothing. Leave his destiny in his hands. He played hard for us for a few years, I like teh idea that he gets to contact teams and make his own decision. The cap space will be reward enough.

whackthepack
03-08-2006, 11:21 PM
"tastywaves" wrote:

I can't believe Daunte's dumb jiggly butt agent allowed him to release that statement. :shock:

He fired his agent and is representing himself, as the old saying goes "if you defend your-self in court, you have a fool for a client"

vikesoto
03-08-2006, 11:21 PM
What a difference a year makes.....

vikesoto
03-08-2006, 11:23 PM
Maybe Daunte should hire a publicist, 'cause that statement was something else....

damien927
[quote="tastywaves"]I can't believe Daunte's dumb jiggly butt agent allowed him to release that statement. :shock:[/quote

He didn't, you can tell by all of his releases. SOmeone is writing them for him and making them sound intelligent. I liked him, but I think we can all agree that he wasn't the brightest bulb on tree!

Navycoach
"tastywaves" wrote:

I can't believe Daunte's dumb jiggly butt agent allowed him to release that statement. :shock:

He is his own agent. He fired his about a month ago.

I say let him walk. I was all for him coming back and having a stellar year, but if he wants to treat us like this? Get the F@#K out of here!

mr.woo
03-08-2006, 11:24 PM
big news this is huge.... hopefully he gets wat he wants and the vikings get wat they want.

tastywaves
03-08-2006, 11:25 PM
"Navycoach" wrote:

"tastywaves" wrote:

He is his own agent. He fired his about a month ago.

I say let him walk. I was all for him coming back and having a stellar year, but if he wants to treat us like this? Get the F@#K out of here!

It was an attack on Daunte the agent, I know, weak attempt at humor, and improper usage of the smiley's.

VikingsTw
03-08-2006, 11:26 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

No team in their right mind would trade because the Vikings would release him prior to his bonus.

That is unless they were worried that there will be a lot of competition for him and miss out to a different team.

I would let him walk, no bonus no nothing. Leave his destiny in his hands. He played hard for us for a few years, I like teh idea that he gets to contact teams and make his own decision. The cap space will be reward enough.

Good point, we could probably get a guy like brees and then somebody on the defensive side of ball using his huge ass salary.

josdin00
03-08-2006, 11:26 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

Where did they go?.....

Here you go ned:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/BurnedBridges.jpg

NordicNed
03-08-2006, 11:27 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

Whack, I bet I can more on ebay for it now, come to think of it, I'm going to sell it there.....LMAO I better go dig it out of the snow now..... :shock: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/cebuned/000_0101.jpg

tastywaves
03-08-2006, 11:28 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

Whack, I bet I can more on ebay for it now, come to think of it, I'm going to sell it there.....LMAO

Good idea, hell I might even bid on it. I

whackthepack
03-08-2006, 11:29 PM
"josdin00" wrote:

"VikingNed" wrote:

Where did they go?.....

Here you go ned:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/BurnedBridges.jpg

Very well done Josdin!

NodakPaul
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Honestly DaunteHOF, I was with you up until today. In fact, I have often argued with other members on this forum regarding Daunte.

Yes he is one of the best QBs this franchise has ever seen. He probably still is, as I have faith he will come back from his injury. But this is it. He has officially stated that he no longer wants to be in Minnesota. Not just to the point of asking for a trade, but asking to be traded or cut. He is basically saying that he wants to do whatever it takes to get the hell out of Minny.

So let him go.

The Vikings don't need Daunte to be great.

cajunvike
"VikingNed" wrote:

Where did they go?.....

Dang, Ned!!! You DA MAN!!!

Between you and JPolo, I sure wouldn't want to be Daunte in the same room! :lol:

That is why I LOVE my personalized #1 Cajunvike Vikings jersey...it will NEVER go out of style!!! :grin:

NodakPaul
03-08-2006, 11:31 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

Whack, I bet I can more on ebay for it now, come to think of it, I'm going to sell it there.....LMAO I better go dig it out of the snow now..... :shock: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/cebuned/000_0101.jpg

LMFAO!!!

Ned, you are officially my hero. I will personally buy you a beer at the PP.O party (before the GB game this year?)!!! :occasion5:

Ltrey33
03-08-2006, 11:33 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"VikingNed" wrote:

Where did they go?.....

Dang, Ned!!! You DA MAN!!!

Between you and JPolo, I sure wouldn't want to be Daunte in the same room! :lol:

That is why I LOVE my personalized #1 Cajunvike Vikings jersey...it will NEVER go out of style!!! :grin:

Oh snap Ned! That's sweet.

Well goodbye Daunte. It was fun most of the time while it lasted, but my opinion of this guy has dropped in the recent weeks.

NordicNed
03-08-2006, 11:35 PM
I really liked the show the flames gave off....must have been some speical fabric.....Best Show PeP gave me all Season.......

And the shirt wasn't even fumbled or tried to be picked off.......

Only thing Pep burned this year.....His shirt....LMFAO

RK.
03-08-2006, 11:35 PM
I guess this means we won't be retiring Daunte's number when he retires from football ehhhh. :twisted:

NordicNed
03-08-2006, 11:37 PM
Josdin00 I owe you big time............This is by far your best work yet, I hope it felt as good for you making it, as it did me posting it in my sig......Thanks....

CrazyVikingsFan
03-08-2006, 11:38 PM
true definition of daunte's inferno!!

cc21
03-08-2006, 11:41 PM
Wow this is crazy. We lose our two biggest guys in the past two years. Now who do we put at QB? Brad? Or do we try to trade up in the draft and get Leinart or Vince Young.

Ltrey33
03-08-2006, 11:45 PM
By the way...don't think for a second that this is the Vikings' doing. Daunte has been lobbying to get traded since his injury, even though it hasn't been directly. Not meeting with Childress face to face, asking for more money and storming out of Winter Park were all measures to force the Vikings' hand in this matter. It appears as if he's succeeded. If he gets what he wants, then I say good for him.

I used to be a huge Daunte fan, and up until a month or so ago I was, but as I said in my prior post my opinion of him has dropped dramatically. He went from someone who I respected a lot and thought could mature into a great leader into someone who I now see as a cry baby and a spoiled athlete. I know he doesn't care, but he's lost a fan in this little Viking.

VikesfaninWis
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Dude, you are in the minority here on this thread. As if you couldn't ell, nobody but you really wants Pepp on this team anymore since he made this selfish statement. He is the one who brought it on himself. He was in Minnesota soon after Childress got hired, Childress wanted to meet face to face with his new QB, and Pepp flagged him and went back to FLA, and called him on the phone.

Pepp is a baby. He looks out for himself, and himself only. He doesn't care at all about the Vikings orginization. He shows that through his actions. He is pissed because he knows he is damaged goods, and he has just burned the only bridge that he had. He may pick up with another team, but now everyone is on to him.. Later Pepp, now get to steppin..

whackthepack
Ned I can totally understand you wanting to burn his Jersey, the only problem I see with it is if the Vikes and Daunte come to some kind of understanding and he remains in Minny! I truly think he is gone but "never say never"!

Burley81
03-08-2006, 11:46 PM
"coreychavous21" wrote:

Wow this is crazy. We lose our two biggest guys in the past two years. Now who do we put at QB? Brad? Or do we try to trade up in the draft and get Leinart or Vince Young.Vince Young, Brad Johnson, Drew Brees.

One of them will be our starting QB next year, bet on that.

NordicNed
03-08-2006, 11:49 PM
I hear ya Whack, but even if he did come back, I wouldn't cheer for him as a player anymore......I was a big fan of his, but for him to act and treat the team and it's fans the way he has been, he can kiss my ass..

He has lost all the respect I have had for him......

ryanmurphy
03-08-2006, 11:51 PM
Is it too late to allocate his ass to NFL Europe???

Prophet
03-08-2006, 11:51 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

Where did they go?.....

LMAO, one of the funniest things I have seen on this site. Burn the weasel traitor's jersey.

magicci
03-08-2006, 11:52 PM
im gonna miss him

VikesfaninWis
03-08-2006, 11:54 PM
The best part about this situation is that now Wilf, and Childress don't have to look like liars and a$$holes by trading or releasing Pepp. I think the Vikes already knew something when Childress commented at the combine to never say never at this time of year about letting a player leave. Man, Pepp just screwed himself.. Even if he does go to another team, nobody will give him a huge contract... Later dumba$$, hope you are happy.

NodakPaul
03-08-2006, 11:55 PM
"Burley81" wrote:

"coreychavous21" wrote:

Wow this is crazy. We lose our two biggest guys in the past two years. Now who do we put at QB? Brad? Or do we try to trade up in the draft and get Leinart or Vince Young.Vince Young, Brad Johnson, Drew Brees.

One of them will be our starting QB next year, bet on that.

There is no way we get Young. Plus, even if we were to trade up that high, I don't think Young would be our pick unless Leinart or Cutler are already gone...

snowinapril
03-08-2006, 11:57 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

This is a game played out on both sides, not just DC.

The Vikes have been shopping Pep.

Pep wants to be the one and only guy.

Pep doesn't like it.

Pep does say that if they won't let him go, he will fullfill his contract.

He wants the chance to shop himself around the league apparently.

Pep and Wilf have a lot of explaining to do.

Oh well! Life goes on!

Pep hater will keep on hate'n
Pep Lovers will keep on Love'n

And when/if he is still in purple next season, the boo bird will only fly for a few games and all will be forgotten.

tastywaves
03-08-2006, 11:58 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 3:38 p.m. EST; UPDATED 4:22 p.m. EST, March 8, 2006

DAUNTE WANTS OUT OF MINNY

Little did former Eagles offensive coordinator Brad Childress realize that when he left Philly for the top job in Minny, he'd leave behind a situation involving a Pro Bowl player who wanted more money and then wanted out and find himself in another situation in which a Pro Bowl player wanted more money and now wants out.

The St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that Culpepper has e-mailed a statement requesting that the Vikings cut him, if they cannot trade him.

"Now that I have confirmed that the Vikings have been seeking to trade me, I have asked for permission to speak to the interested teams. The Vikings have denied my request," Culpepper, who is acting as his own agent, said. "If a trade does not happen, then I am asking the Vikings to terminate my contract as soon as possible.

"Because of the fundamental differences I have with management regarding the approach to my personal and professional life, I think it is the best business decision for both parties to go our separate ways," Culpepper added.

"If the team chooses not to honor my request, then I intend to fulfill my contractual obligations to the Minnesota Vikings."

Okay, what the f--k does that mean? If they can't trade him, he wants out. But if they won't let him go, then he'll stay.

How about Option C -- Culpepper pays back some of the signing bonus money he has received? After all, a signing bonus isn't a lottery prize; it's advance compensation for services to be rendered in the future. If he wants out of his contract with eight years remaining on it, he needs to cough up a corresponding chunk of the money he received when the contract was signed.

That's precisely what LaVar Arrington did to win his freedom from Washington recently, giving up $4.4 million in deferred signing bonus money.

In Culpepper's case, however, the agent he fired several weeks back for doing a bad deal in 2003 was at least smart enough to insert a clause into Daunte's deal requiring the team to pay a $6 million roster bonus in the middle of March. So if the team isn't inclined to let him walk, the team nevertheless has to give him $6 million for the privilege of retaining his services.

Well player, Culpepper. Well, played.

Actually, we're being sarcastic, since in our view it was wrong for him to air the dirty laundry to the media. The team didn't go public regarding its efforts to trade him, and the front office generally has bent over backward to kiss his big, fat butt of late, even after he demanded a $10 million raise for 2006.

Still, we can't imagine anyone trading anything other than a conditional pick in 2007 and/or 2008, based on his ability to play in 2006 and/or 2007, respectively. The guy is a streaky, emotional player, and he's damaged goods.

We said it a year ago -- they should have traded Culpepper instead of Moss.

Now, it looks like they'll have neither.

Some serious Daunte hatred here. I like the idea of having Daunte pay back some of his signing bonus to get out of his contract early...aka Lavar.

ryanmurphy
03-08-2006, 11:58 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

I hate to say I told you so, but it was apparent that C-pep does not want to be with the Vikings or in Minnesota any more! I think that his wife is all over his sorry giggly butt about the boat trip and his being charged with lewd behavior! He doesn't want to come back here and his saying that he never asked for a raise is bullsh*t!

This is kinds funny... Doesn't the system replace a$$ with ass? Did you actually type that in??? :lol:

FedjeViking
03-08-2006, 11:59 PM
I think Culpepper has started seeing the writing on the wall that the
team is likely to release him if it can't find a decent trading
partner. When a player feels like he's about to be released, the
first thing he usually does is ask to be released so it appears to be
his own decision.

cc21
03-09-2006, 12:01 AM
"ryanmurphy" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

This is kinds funny... Doesn't the system replace a$$ with jiggly butt? Did you actually type that in??? :lol:LMAO :lol: Thats awsome!

tastywaves
03-09-2006, 12:01 AM
Nope, it never existed.

nephilimstorm
03-09-2006, 12:03 AM
Oh my oh my oh my...what do we have here...jiggly butt culpepper wants out of town...I come here on this cloudy dreamy day in viking land to find out daunte wants out...Then go power puff boy...get out and dont come back...!!
sorry i never liked him

Ltrey33
03-09-2006, 12:04 AM
I can't wait to hear what Zygi and Childress have to say about this. If it were Tice's era he'd have had like 10 press conferences so far today. This whole tight lipped thing kind of sucks.

AlabamaViking
03-09-2006, 12:05 AM
"I appreciate that the owner, Mr. [Zygi] Wilf, is willing to pay my March bonus," Culpepper said in the e-mail. "However, because of the fundamental differences I have with management regarding the approach to my personal and professional life, I think it is the best business decision for both parties to go our separate ways. If the team chooses not to honor my request, then I intend to fulfill my contractual obligations to the Minnesota Vikings."

This was Daunte's statement at the end of his email and my thought is this:

He got caught being less than a a stellar role model and the media (in any town) will take that and run with it. It has been that way with Daunte. I will also say this...he asked for some of his treatment when he started "pouting" and not showing up to his home games to support his teammates last year. That leads me to the last part of the quote about fulfilling his "contractual obligations":

If that is all you are doing here (if the Vikes keep you) then I hope you sit the bench all year and stay our of our way of trying to win games...better yet Daunte...stay in Florida and keep showing us all what a "professional" you are. I promise that we will show you the same courtesy.

Until next time...

whackthepack
03-09-2006, 12:07 AM
I did actually type it that way!

josdin00
03-09-2006, 12:07 AM
For some reason, ESPN changed the text of their article. This is the same link that was posted on the first page of this thread, but the article itself has changed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2359699

(I guess it's a good thing that Prophet posted the "duplicate" article. Its not a duplicate anymore!)

mcilrath
03-09-2006, 12:08 AM
Did I read this correctly, Daunte's threat is this: If you don't trade or release me immediately I will come back next year and play for the Vikings?

He really needs to get an agent.

GreenBaySlackers
03-09-2006, 12:08 AM
:sad:

FVCK!

josdin00
03-09-2006, 12:10 AM
"whackthepack" wrote:

That's one of the first signs that your giggly butt has been spending too much time here.

triedandtruevikesfan
03-09-2006, 12:11 AM
I'm just so frickin irritated. I've been on the Daunte wagon for a long time, but I'm almost ready to jump off.

ryanmurphy
03-09-2006, 12:12 AM
"whackthepack" wrote:

Thats Awsome!!! :lol:

ejmat
03-09-2006, 12:12 AM
At this point, if he gave me that kind of ultimatum, I'd show him the door. Sorry Pep fans but he is in no condition to be like that. He's coming off an very off year. You can blame the line if you want whcih I did but the bottom line is people look for QBs that can handle that type of pressure. Plus the fact, he won't be able to play till about mid season if he's lucky. If we cut him, people would be nuts to pick him up unless he is willing to come cheap his first year.

Let's see how Pep likes making nothing versus shutting his trap and making what he could have made if he did shut his trap.

josdin00
03-09-2006, 12:15 AM

I'm just so frickin irritated. I've been on the Daunte wagon for a long time, but I'm almost ready to jump off.

Almost?!?

Prophet
03-09-2006, 12:16 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

Pep doesn't like it.

Oh well! Life goes on!

And when/if he is still in purple next season, the boo bird will only fly for a few games and all will be forgotten.

Yes, it's a two way street. Culpepper is the man that is going to the press and calling himself out.

This part is false. There are plenty of previous Culpepper supporters (me for one) that are no longer supporters based on his handling of issues the last few months. On page one of this thread I wrote:

Agree, wuss.

I am really interested in seeing how Wilf/Childress handle this latest egocentric tirade. I have no respect left for Daunte, I was almost to the stage of being an apologist for him at one point. Those days are long gone. Screw you Daunte. Walk the plank.

That was my first declaration of not supporting Daunte. It is my final decision now. If he ends up on the team I hope he rides the pine. The only way I would ever be a fan of his again is if he came clean and had a major change in his attitude.

BTW Josdin, it was never a repeat post to start with. It was a post on the same topic from a different source (KFFL reporting an article from the Pioneer Press whereas the first article was from ESPN). The rookie created confusion when the standard posting protocol was being followed.

triedandtruevikesfan
03-09-2006, 12:17 AM
"josdin00" wrote:

Almost?!?

I know... I know.... but change scares me, unless we're getting someone I'm positive is gonna bring us to a super bowl.... :lol:

Mr. Purple
03-09-2006, 12:18 AM
Man...this is pretty crazy. What do we do? We have BJ for another year...but we all know and he knows hes not the answer. I really hope we make a strong push for Brees and get him. If we dont...then where do we go? Do we trade up to get Vince or Matt? Just like you Ned I was a Daunte supporter...just like alotta people on here....and as a Viking fan...I almost feel stabbed in the back bye him. Its hard for me right now to say I hate him....just like it was hard for me to hate Moss when he left.To be 100% honest I dont know what to say right now....I gotta go let this sink in some more.

bfld
03-09-2006, 12:20 AM
CP has always been a great QB from the neck down, and in the long run that is never enough.

ryanmurphy
03-09-2006, 12:20 AM
"ejmat" wrote:

At this point, if he gave me that kind of ultimatum, I'd show him the door. Sorry Pep fans but he is in no condition to be like that. He's coming off an very off year. You can blame the line if you want whcih I did but the bottom line is people look for QBs that can handle that type of pressure. Plus the fact, he won't be able to play till about mid season if he's lucky. If we cut him, people would be nuts to pick him up unless he is willing to come cheap his first year.

Let's see how Pep likes making nothing versus shutting his trap and making what he could have made if he did shut his trap.

I'll ask again... Is it too late to allocate his jiggly butt to NFL Europe??? Seriousally, what are the cap implications of doing that? Let him play a year there and one of three things will happen: He will begg to come back; he will get better, then we trade him; or he will suck and we cut him. Reguardless, he doesn't get the last laugh and he is not a locker room cancer. Is this even a possibility? Im not sure how the whole NFL Europe thing works...

josdin00
03-09-2006, 12:21 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

BTW Josdin, it was never a repeat post to start with. It was a post on the same topic from a different source (KFFL reporting an article from the Pioneer Press whereas the first article was from ESPN). The rookie created confusion when the standard posting protocol was being followed.

I know, it was supposed to be a joke.

AlabamaViking
03-09-2006, 12:23 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

Pep doesn't like it.

Oh well! Life goes on!

A big thing to consider is this...DAUNTE WILL NOT BE READY TO PLAY BY THE TIME THE 2006 SEASON STARTS!

Having been around athletes a time or two and talking with them about Daunte's injury...this knee is a HUGE deal and only a miracle rehab would put him on the field (safely) before mid next year anyway...and I for one do not want a new QB (don't care who it is) on the field mid season if we are doing OK.

Please , everyone, keep that in mind. It does not matter what the doctor's hope or feel...it's not going to happen. Two words...Willis McGahee. The Bills sat him an entire year and still they were cautious when he finally hit the field. The other thing to consider is the fact that the old Daunte we loved...BIG, STOUT QB...will be gone. He will have to keep his weight down to take stress off that knee from here on out. He will not be the same Daunte. Will he be better? Time tells that but we won;t even be able to see that fully until 2007...mark my words.

Now, do we hang onto him? With the cap being what it is and the Vikes being in a great money situation I do not see why not...unless his attitude is that of what we have been reading...then I just don't want him around the guys who are there to win. His hurt leg will be the smallest of our problems. His bad attitude could be a disease that runs through the group and I don't want that. If all Daunte can do is talk about himself and what he is going to get out of it, then he's not the team guy I would hope he would be. If he is going to email the media about his feelings then I don;t want him...it smells too much like "T.O. B.O. B.S.". Do you honestly think Childress (or anyone reading this) wants that in the locker room? It took some big "uh ohs" before they finally had enough of T.O. and said BUH BYE...Childress will not wait that long.

Just remember, the knee won't be ready so all this is just mindless ramblings.

Until next time...

whackthepack
03-09-2006, 12:27 AM
"josdin00" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

That's one of the first signs that your giggly butt has been spending too much time here.

It would have been better if i had put Jiggly instead Giggly, and yes to much time on PPO and the brain starts to go!

NodakPaul
03-09-2006, 12:27 AM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

Man...this is pretty crazy. What do we do? We have BJ for another year...but we all know and he knows hes not the answer. I really hope we make a strong push for Brees and get him. If we dont...then where do we go? Do we trade up to get Vince or Matt? Just like you Ned I was a Daunte supporter...just like alotta people on here....and as a Viking fan...I almost feel stabbed in the back bye him. Its hard for me right now to say I hate him....just like it was hard for me to hate Moss when he left.To be 100% honest I dont know what to say right now....I gotta go let this sink in some more.

That is a really good point. A lot of people here (myself included) are expecting us to make a huge push for Brees now. But what if we don't get him?

I think we keep BJ as our starter, maybe pick up Ramsey or somebody as his backup, and build a super strong cast around him. We can make a strong push for a Superbowl this year with BJ at the helm. Hell, he did it before. His superbowl vistory came on the strength of those around him. I feel that we can do it again.

But all the same i would still rather have Brees. :wink:

Prophet
03-09-2006, 12:28 AM
I am excited, not depressed, about the future. The Vikings organization is much bigger than any individual. All kinds of stars have come and gone since I've been a fan. The new era is beginning and I love it. Wilf wants a winning team and is at least willing to invest some coinage into building that team. This will be the most fun offseason, possibly ever, for Vikings fans. Most of us always go into the upcoming season with dark purple shades on and we anticipate the season with optimism. The 'new look' Vikings will be unfolding before our eyes over the next few months. I think I'll be more excited about the beginning of the '06 season than I have been in a long time, and that isn't easily done. Let it roll. It will all fall into place.

wyorob
03-09-2006, 12:29 AM
YES!!!! I knew he was not a team player and I said a trade would be good for everyone. Good luck Daunte....... Hope you find another randy moss to make your career.

COJOMAY
03-09-2006, 12:30 AM
dum de dum de dum! LOL

What will we get for Culpepper? Well, we'll save $8 million plus get about another $6 million under the cap. That's what we'll get for him!

jimmymac
03-09-2006, 12:32 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Hey JimmyMac why are you sitting by your computer grin ear to ear and not posting??? :grin: :grin:

I just made Ned's burning jersey my new wallpaper. :lol:

RK.
03-09-2006, 12:35 AM

"josdin00" wrote:

Almost?!?

I know... I know.... but change scares me, unless we're getting someone I'm positive is gonna bring us to a super bowl.... :lol:

What change. BJ was our QB last year and will be next year unless we get a FA that can beat him out of the position. BJ went 7-2 and gave us a winning season with the same line that Pep went 2-5 with. With the better line we will have with Birk coming back and a good O coach I think we will be just fine with BJ. He isn't the long term answer for the team because of his age but he will do really well this next year I think. He is a WC QB and thats what we are going to play. He still has a couple of good years left in him IMO. I think he is good enough to take us to the big dance if he gets the supporting cast we need like a RB and a coordinated defense. The truth is that Moss made Daunte not the other way around. Let him go fumble and throw int's for somebody else. :wink: Go Brad. :thumbright:

Ltrey33
03-09-2006, 12:36 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

I am excited, not depressed, about the future. The Vikings organization is much bigger than any individual. All kinds of stars have come and gone since I've been a fan. The new era is beginning and I love it. Wilf wants a winning team and is at least willing to invest some coinage into building that team. This will be the most fun offseason, possibly ever, for Vikings fans. Most of us always go into the upcoming season with dark purple shades on and we anticipate the season with optimism. The 'new look' Vikings will be unfolding before our eyes over the next few months. I think I'll be more excited about the beginning of the '06 season than I have been in a long time, and that isn't easily done. Let it roll. It will all fall into place.

I agree 100% Prophet!

skum
03-09-2006, 12:38 AM
Trading him after this statement i think, wont be an option - if any where to give a player for Pepper.. they wouldnt do it, if there were to just get him as a Free Agent..

I dont hate Pepper, but i have never really loved him - i loved Moss cause he is the best.. Daunte must just accept that we cant use him in the new system and dont whine like a biatch..

blouxme
03-09-2006, 12:48 AM
Zygi will tell the press that he just cut Daunte and culpepper will have to read the news to find this out.

Prophet
03-09-2006, 12:50 AM
http://www.dslreports.com/r0/download/223004~8f32235df2a06ff183463d9ae0936da6/funny20books037.jpg

so-cal vike
03-09-2006, 12:50 AM
"ltrey33" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

I agree 100% Prophet!

It couldn't have been said any better. I am also in complete agreement.

On a side note, let me say that I've been a loyal Culpepper supporter with many of my posts here reflecting that, and after reading the article I don't want him here. I guess I was wrong about him. He is just another immature overpaid star.

Del Rio
03-09-2006, 12:53 AM
I remember saying i was happy when Moss left too. Now I realize before I can say if I an excited or not I have to see who we replace him with. :grin:

DaunteHOF
03-09-2006, 12:56 AM
how quickly u people change, culpepper is the heart & soul of this team and ya'll so quick to dismiss him

JellyBean2144
03-09-2006, 12:56 AM
Man, whatever happened to the player that wanted to play with one team for 8-15 years? I love DC but if he wants to whine about leaving...let him go. This is getting sad.

LuckyVike
03-09-2006, 12:57 AM
"skum" wrote:

Trading him after this statement i think, wont be an option - if any where to give a player for Pepper.. they wouldnt do it, if there were to just get him as a Free Agent..

I dont hate Pepper, but i have never really loved him - i loved Moss cause he is the best.. Daunte must just accept that we cant use him in the new system and dont whine like a biatch..

Yea, trading is an option. He said he'll honor his contract if we don't trade or release him. Thus, if a team says they'll wait 'til we release him, we'll keep him.

Prophet
03-09-2006, 12:57 AM
Yeah, the pressure is on...but there could be more pressure. The worse case scenario is the Vikes start off the season with BJ and pick up a seasoned has-been as a backup if they don't get anything done during FA or the draft. Hopefully that won't happen, but we have a SB winning starter with BJ and you can never forget that Trent Dilfer has a ring....that means anything is possible in my eyes.

Just to make things a little more exciting BJ has to give the press a call and say he wants out. lmao, imagine that whirlpool of discussion.

PurplePackerEater
03-09-2006, 12:58 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

I remember saying i was happy when Moss left too. Now I realize before I can say if I an excited or not I have to see who we replace him with. :grin:

It will be MUCH easier to replace Culpepper than Moss, however.

Prophet
03-09-2006, 01:00 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

how quickly u people change, culpepper is the heart & soul of this team and ya'll so quick to dismiss him

ummm, it appears that he dismissed himself.

"Now that I have confirmed that the Vikings have been seeking to trade me, I have asked for permission to speak to the interested teams. The Vikings have denied my request," Culpepper said in an e-mail to the paper. "If a trade does not happen, then I am asking the Vikings to terminate my contract as soon as possible. ... Because of the fundamental differences I have with management regarding the approach to my personal and professional life, I think it is the best business decision for both parties to go our separate ways," Culpepper said.

CrazyVikingsFan
03-09-2006, 01:01 AM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

It will be MUCH easier to replace Culpepper than Moss, however.

we did not recover good from moss because it was culpepper who could not recover which brought down our whole team.

vikeswin2005
03-09-2006, 01:04 AM
thank god this drama is just about over goodbye cpep frickin baby

so-cal vike
03-09-2006, 01:05 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Do you want a cry-baby and a public whiner as the heart and soul of our team.

jordy
03-09-2006, 01:06 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

i agree, all of these bad things around culpepper including the horrible season are all more important to the most of you than his ability to play great football...and he can play great football and i honestly don)t see a reason why he wouldn't fit in the new offence....i just hope he stays, my oppinion on c-pep is never going to change....and i think that it will be just stupid to send him away, the only thing you'r doing is making another team better....

VKG4LFE
03-09-2006, 01:07 AM
I saw that headline and was immediately irate pissed! I don't know what to think anymore!

BBQ Platypus
03-09-2006, 01:08 AM
"AlabamaViking" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

Pep doesn't like it.

Oh well! Life goes on!

A big thing to consider is this...DAUNTE WILL NOT BE READY TO PLAY BY THE TIME THE 2006 SEASON STARTS!

Having been around athletes a time or two and talking with them about Daunte's injury...this knee is a HUGE deal and only a miracle rehab would put him on the field (safely) before mid next year anyway...and I for one do not want a new QB (don't care who it is) on the field mid season if we are doing OK.

Please , everyone, keep that in mind. It does not matter what the doctor's hope or feel...it's not going to happen. Two words...Willis McGahee. The Bills sat him an entire year and still they were cautious when he finally hit the field. The other thing to consider is the fact that the old Daunte we loved...BIG, STOUT QB...will be gone. He will have to keep his weight down to take stress off that knee from here on out. He will not be the same Daunte. Will he be better? Time tells that but we won;t even be able to see that fully until 2007...mark my words.

Now, do we hang onto him? With the cap being what it is and the Vikes being in a great money situation I do not see why not...unless his attitude is that of what we have been reading...then I just don't want him around the guys who are there to win. His hurt leg will be the smallest of our problems. His bad attitude could be a disease that runs through the group and I don't want that. If all Daunte can do is talk about himself and what he is going to get out of it, then he's not the team guy I would hope he would be. If he is going to email the media about his feelings then I don;t want him...it smells too much like "T.O. B.O. B.S.". Do you honestly think Childress (or anyone reading this) wants that in the locker room? It took some big "uh ohs" before they finally had enough of T.O. and said BUH BYE...Childress will not wait that long.

Just remember, the knee won't be ready so all this is just mindless ramblings.

Until next time...

Any talk about the knee is purely speculative. This has never happened to Daunte before, and I doubt that you know his physical characteristics well enough to determine that he won't be well enough by midseason. Although it might not be the most likely series of events, different people heal in different ways.

DaunteHOF
hes only complaining cause everyone in the world is saying that he is being traded, i would be upset too

PurplePackerEater
"so-cal vike" wrote:

"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Do you want a cry-baby and a public whiner as the heart and soul of our team.

no.

Prophet
The funniest thing is that we're going to find out that the e-mail was a hoax and we'll all have to eat crow......and Ned will have to buy another jersey.

2beersTommy
03-09-2006, 01:09 AM
suppose hes gonna use the race card in this situation too ? lol

Prophet
03-09-2006, 01:12 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

hes only complaining cause everyone in the world is saying that he is being traded, i would be upset too

He is making millions of dollars a year playing a game. A game. He is supposed to be the field general and is crying to the press because his feelings are hurt. Poor Daunte. If that's all the spine he has, he should be digging latrines for minimum wage rather than leading the team into war.

I loved watching Daunte play and was a supporter of him for years. He is showing his true character. When times get tough the true character of a man comes out. We are seeing his true character, and I, for one, don't like what I see.

PackSux!
03-09-2006, 01:15 AM
Just watched them talk about it on espn, mort thinks it will happen in the next couple weeks. Few teams hea mentioned was Baltimore, Miami, and possible the raiders if they let kollins go, he said probably not arizona this year anywyas.

I wonder about the jets, perhaps we can figure out a deal to send daunte and some other fellas and our first round pick for theirs? I am sure i am dreaming but its ok to dream.

2beersTommy
03-09-2006, 01:16 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

"DaunteHOF" wrote:

He is making millions of dollars a year playing a game. A game. He is supposed to be the field general and is crying to the press because his feelings are hurt. Poor Daunte. If that's all the spine he has, he should be digging latrines for minimum wage rather than leading the team into war.

I loved watching Daunte play and was a supporter of him for years. He is showing his true character. When times get tough the true character of a man comes out. We are seeing his true character, and I, for one, don't like what I see.

you dont like the "ME, MY, I character ? lmao

RK.
03-09-2006, 01:16 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

"DaunteHOF" wrote:

ummm, it appears that he dismissed himself.

"Now that I have confirmed that the Vikings have been seeking to trade me, I have asked for permission to speak to the interested teams. The Vikings have denied my request," Culpepper said in an e-mail to the paper. "If a trade does not happen, then I am asking the Vikings to terminate my contract as soon as possible. ... Because of the fundamental differences I have with management regarding the approach to my personal and professional life, I think it is the best business decision for both parties to go our separate ways," Culpepper said.
Exactly right Prophet. Its not the Vikes that have asked for this. They denied his request to talk to interested teams. I thought it was interesting that he included his personal life in the statement he made. They probably told him no more boat rides and he said WTF is up with that. :lol:

so-cal vike
03-09-2006, 01:18 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

The funniest thing is that we're going to find out that the e-mail was a hoax and we'll all have to eat crow......and Ned will have to buy another jersey.

That is truly a cruel thought.

VIKINGinGEORGIA
03-09-2006, 01:18 AM
What can we get for Culpepper? I love the guy but, I am a Vikings fan not any particular person on the team. The team must move on. We are going to end up in a T.O situation. We will have to sit him because he does not want to play here and cant trade him because teams will not give us what he is worth. The Vikings will say his conduct is causing distruction to the team so, we will basically end up suspending him for the season until another team coughs up a random player and a draft pick. Just my opinion.

fromos
03-09-2006, 01:19 AM
I get the feeling Daunte, and core group of 4 or 5 others, were probably deliberately playing bad this year because they were unhappy with the management/coaches. Tice alluded to this rather cryptically a couple of times in the season: at one point saying he didn't know if the players were hanging him out to dry or not, and later on in the season saying they've found and isolated the troublemakers. It seems a lot of the players from the Denny Green era aren't happy things aren't the same they used to be. Who knows, there's a lot of bookies out there giving money away to those who will assure a certain point spread or win loss for their team also.

2beersTommy
03-09-2006, 01:21 AM
"fromos" wrote:

I get the feeling Daunte, and core group of 4 or 5 others, were probably deliberately playing bad this year because they were unhappy with the management/coaches. Tice alluded to this rather cryptically a couple of times in the season: at one point saying he didn't know if the players were hanging him out to dry or not, and later on in the season saying they've found and isolated the troublemakers. It seems a lot of the players from the Denny Green era aren't happy things aren't the same they used to be. Who knows, there's a lot of bookies out there giving money away to those who will assure a certain point spread or win loss for their team also.

whos knows, maybe they got advice from Gretzky & Tocchet j/k

DaunteHOF
03-09-2006, 01:21 AM
stop all the daunte culpepper hating

snowinapril
03-09-2006, 01:22 AM
I have been accused of being emotional about DC.

But, I think it is all of you that say ToHellW/DC that are being emotional.

You are all hurt that he doesn't want to be on your team. You say you do't care but you obviously do or it wouldn't be such a HOT BUTTON issue.

At this point, I am not for DC, or against him. I am not taking the stand either way. This is a business thing between the 2 parties and we are not involved. Everyone is entitled to their opinions!

My team is the Vikings!

I want whoever will make them a better team to play for them and win.

At this time, I think that player is DC. There is nothing emotional about that. I don't feel that his near MVP season was a fluke. I saw the transition he made over the 2 years leading up to that season and feel that I saw something that makes him the best QB for this team.

Once he or any player steps on the field, to play for a team, all this crap gets left behind. See Rickey Williams last season and all the stuff he said about the Dolphins and what the Dolphins said about him prior to him coming back.

I am not blind, I can see the possible scenarios here and the fact that DC may leave or he may be back. But that doesn't make me want to go burn his jersey. I think we just been cursed for another 25 years or something for that burning of a Viking jersey :roll: , com'on give it to a poor kid or something :oops: .

Seriously, simmer down (pun intended)!!!

I understand why the Vikings are trying to shop him in a hush hush fashion, to see what they can get for him, but in a way, I can understand DC point also. He feels like they are using him as bait. I wouldn't want to be bait. DC needs to get an agent and get out of the business aspect. I hope he will atleast realize that.

2beersTommy
03-09-2006, 01:23 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

LMFAO yeah, ok ~cant we all just get along ~

NordicNed
03-09-2006, 01:24 AM
"so-cal vike" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

That is truly a cruel thought.

I'de have to bid on my own auction then, For Sale, "Dauntes Real Inferno".....One burnt up backstabers jersey...... :cry:

snowinapril
03-09-2006, 01:24 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Don't even bother, it is a lost cause.

I hear ya, but this is how it is going to be.

If you do't like it, just don't read this thread.

ThorSPL
03-09-2006, 01:26 AM
"2beersTommy" wrote:

"DaunteHOF" wrote:

LMFAO yeah, ok ~cant we all just get along ~

This is a message board.

Of course we CAN'T!

so-cal vike
03-09-2006, 01:26 AM
That's quite a sig there Ned. Good perspective.

2beersTommy
03-09-2006, 01:27 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

I have been accused of being emotional about DC.

But, I think it is all of you that say ToHellW/DC that are being emotional.

You are all hurt that he doesn't want to be on your team. You say you do't care but you obviously do or it wouldn't be such a HOT BUTTON issue.

At this point, I am not for DC, or against him. I am not taking the stand either way. This is a business thing between the 2 parties and we are not involved. Everyone is entitled to their opinions!

My team is the Vikings!

I want whoever will make them a better team to play for them and win.

At this time, I think that player is DC. There is nothing emotional about that. I don't feel that his near MVP season was a fluke. I saw the transition he made over the 2 years leading up to that season and feel that I saw something that makes him the best QB for this team.

Once he or any player steps on the field, to play for a team, all this crap gets left behind. See Rickey Williams last season and all the stuff he said about the Dolphins and what the Dolphins said about him prior to him coming back.

I am not blind, I can see the possible scenarios here and the fact that DC may leave or he may be back. But that doesn't make me want to go burn his jersey. I think we just been cursed for another 25 years or something for that burning of a Viking jersey :roll: , com'on give it to a poor kid or something :oops: .

Seriously, simmer down (pun intended)!!!

I understand why the Vikings are trying to shop him in a hush hush fashion, to see what they can get for him, but in a way, I can understand DC point also. He feels like they are using him as bait. I wouldn't want to be bait. DC needs to get an agent and get out of the business aspect. I hope he will atleast realize that.

he doesnt want to be used as bait, but he didnt have a problem "playing army" on the love boat....he lied down..and somebody blew the hell outta him! ...anyway next oh thats right..it was the white guys on the boat...sorry

PackSux!
03-09-2006, 01:29 AM
I for one am not hurt that he dont want to be on our team. He was good but we will find better.

SharperImage42
03-09-2006, 01:34 AM
get this lil ideot outta here man, im sik of protecting him, trade him to miami for chambers

PAvikesfan
03-09-2006, 01:43 AM
pansy ass culp... good-bye.. i got no tolerance for another T.O. type of move.

commence cancer laser burn... time to take off one of the last cancers from the Red McCombs days! F him!

FedjeViking
03-09-2006, 01:44 AM
Isn't there any college QB that is anything like Culpepper? Sorry I don't watch college ball. My husband is not a sports fan, so the Vike games is all he will put up with.

PurplePeopleEaters
03-09-2006, 01:44 AM
This is making me mad. I am tired of his antics. At this time, I am thinking trade his azz for a Wr to help out brees or bj. this is pathetic...

PurpleRide
03-09-2006, 01:45 AM
Trade him to a crappy team like clevland or the texans. Right now I could care less on what type of pick we would get for him. If the dude wants to act like a child, send him. Week 1 rapid parking tailgating lot, I am going to burn my 11 jersey. I refused to say that P.O.S name again

fourdoorchevelle
03-09-2006, 01:48 AM
well this is not real suprsing , it has been building on both sides.

one side pokes and the other side pokes back , before we know what happened both sides are shoving.

i'm a bit curious who's advising daunte. pti said " spiritual advisor " . :tool:

PurplePeopleEaters
03-09-2006, 01:48 AM
How can you support this guy? I am tired of putting up with crap! GOOD-BYE!

arialassault84
03-09-2006, 01:53 AM
You guys are retarded! He has been working his ass off since he got here. Now we a new coach and owner that has come in and is triing to flex their muscles. Pepp has been there for years and these new guys come in and start changing everything. I'd be pissed too. You guys don't know how that feels. How would you feel if you had vested five or six years in a company then have a new boss come in and tell you how stuff was gonna be run! Pepp will do well and I'm starting to dislike the Vikes Tiangle Authority.

mark_da_bears_fan
03-09-2006, 01:55 AM
HaHa stupid viking fan. I thought you were supposed to go to the Super Bowl last year. whizznator, love boat, moss, culpepper, williams the bust, smoot the waste.

The viking are screwed now.

HaHA Da Bears Rule