PDA

View Full Version : Vikes ball boy says that Vikes have contacted Edge already!

Jordan
03-08-2006, 03:34 AM
http://rubechat.kfan.com/forums/114392/ShowPost.aspx

i know u guys r gonna say this is tampering but who cares until u get caught that's when u should care. i know this isn't a reliable source but hey new is news baby especially about EDGE

Jordan
03-08-2006, 03:35 AM
Believe me or not, i dont really care. Ok, you may have seen me at Training Camp this year because i am a ball boy for the Vikings. I was there last weekend helping my friends, who are also ball boys, clean up the equipment room and all that. I am a big supporter of Edge and im very loud about saying it. Just last weekend McKinnie came up to me and i dont really talk to the players that often, but he said he also is excited about Edge to, because they both went to Miami and he is excited to block for him now. I asked why he was so confident in us getting edge and he said, "I have been askin Wilf lately and he said there is a "spoken" agreement between wilf, edge, and edge's agent Drew Rosenhaus, that edge is coming to Minnesota to sign a deal when free agency starts." I swear im not pulling your legs, this is true. You will believe me when edge is a Viking!

magicci
03-08-2006, 03:36 AM
"Jordan" wrote:

Believe me or not, i dont really care. Ok, you may have seen me at Training Camp this year because i am a ball boy for the Vikings. I was there last weekend helping my friends, who are also ball boys, clean up the equipment room and all that. I am a big supporter of Edge and im very loud about saying it. Just last weekend McKinnie came up to me and i dont really talk to the players that often, but he said he also is excited about Edge to, because they both went to Miami and he is excited to block for him now. I asked why he was so confident in us getting edge and he said, "I have been askin Wilf lately and he said there is a "spoken" agreement between wilf, edge, and edge's agent Drew Rosenhaus, that edge is coming to Minnesota to sign a deal when free agency starts." I swear im not pulling your legs, this is true. You will believe me when edge is a Viking!

i just cringed :shaking:

shockzilla
03-08-2006, 03:38 AM
I highly doubt it, and by the way?

http://home.mn.rr.com/shockmans/no_bs.jpg

Del Rio
03-08-2006, 03:38 AM
Pour me some water, and get that tee off the practice field faster!!!!

Jk, but for the record I don't believe you. It's all good though because you said you didn't care.

i_bleed_purple
03-08-2006, 03:40 AM
IF that is true, thats great news. i'd love to have edge in purple and it would be great that the players think the same. im just praying that that guy isn't full of pooh.

CrazyVikingsFan
03-08-2006, 03:40 AM
i would love to believe it but i am a little shaken about the purplefarveaters feasco erlier this week.

DarrinNelsonguy
03-08-2006, 03:43 AM
I'll take the wait and see approach to the matter.

pokeyisme
03-08-2006, 03:44 AM
Jordan is a ball boy for the vikings?????

if so than you must know steve he used to be a (i think) a down marker holder!!!!!

singersp
03-08-2006, 03:45 AM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/scratch2.gif Since when do the Vikings have a training facility in North Carolina where your location under your avatar states where you are from?

pepper 0n moss
03-08-2006, 03:46 AM
Think about it Jordan, when the hell did they have practice. I didn't know they already had a mini-camp. Why the hell would there be ball boys around?

singersp
03-08-2006, 03:47 AM
"pepper 0n moss" wrote:

Think about it Jordan, when the hell did they have practice. I didn't know they already had a mini-camp. Why the hell would there be ball boys around?

Must be a long drive from North Carolina where he's from. :wink:

purplegang
03-08-2006, 03:48 AM
what a joke. anybody that says i swear to god is likely to be lying, check the Fbi stats on that, but in saying that i wish it were true

Jordan
03-08-2006, 03:49 AM
I'm not the 1 who wrote that the ball boy that said he was at this wrote this letter

i_bleed_purple
03-08-2006, 03:49 AM
i dont think jordan's the ball boy, he probably found that somewhere and was sharing it.

CrazyVikingsFan
03-08-2006, 03:50 AM
"singersp" wrote:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/scratch2.gif Since when do the Vikings have a training facility in North Carolina where your location under your avatar states where you are from?

i second that question and i am very sick of these fake threads like culpepper traded when in the article they spelled culpepper cullpepper.

pokeyisme
I think jordan is pulling a quote off of kfan!!!

vikeswin2005
"singersp" wrote:

this is not jordan speaking this is from a twin cities sports talk radio website someone in the cities is saying this jordan simply copied it to this site

CrazyVikingsFan
03-08-2006, 03:52 AM
"vikeswin2005" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

http//i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/scratch2.gif Since when do the Vikings have a training facility in North Carolina where your location under your avatar states where you are from?

this is not jordan speaking this is from a twin cities sports talk radio website someone in the cities is saying this jordan simply copied it to this siteo ok it makes a little more sence now but i still dont buy it but i am praying that i am wrong.

sleepagent
03-08-2006, 03:53 AM
Ain't gonna happen. Harrison & Manning just restructured their contracts.

vikeswin2005
03-08-2006, 03:55 AM
BUT WHY ARE BALL BOYS ANYWHERE AROUND THE PLAYERS ALREADY???

singersp
03-08-2006, 03:55 AM
"Jordan" wrote:

I'm not the 1 who wrote that the ball boy that said he was at this wrote this letter

You can't tell that by your second post. It looks as if you said it.

You should have used quotes.

Either way, we haven't had FA or the draft yet & I highly doubt players & ballboys are roaming around Winter Park.

CrazyVikingsFan
03-08-2006, 03:56 AM
"sleepagent" wrote:

that does not mean they are going to sign edge he wants to get out of there.

vikeswin2005
03-08-2006, 03:57 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Jordan" wrote:

Either way, we haven't had FA or the draft yet & I highly doubt players & ballboys are roaming around Winter Park.
actually some players and staff have been around the area I work about 2 blocks away from winter park

sleepagent
03-08-2006, 03:58 AM
"K-Rob18" wrote:

"sleepagent" wrote:

that does not mean they are going to sign edge he wants to get out of there.

I hope not either, but we'll see.

singersp
03-08-2006, 04:07 AM
"vikeswin2005" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Jordan" wrote:

actually some players and staff have been around the area I work about 2 blocks away from winter park

I assume there is staff there working & have been for quite some time.

But ball boys? Come on!

singersp
03-08-2006, 04:08 AM
Maybe these ball boys are the "sources close to the situation" that the Pioneer Press & Star Tribune have been using in their articles. :lol:

vikeswin2005
03-08-2006, 04:10 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Maybe these ball boys are the "sources close to the situation" that the Pioneer Press & Star Tribune have been using in their articles. :lol:
way too funny

FedjeViking
03-08-2006, 04:15 AM
"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

I'll take the wait and see approach to the matter.

Yea, Me too! :lol:

so-cal vike
03-08-2006, 04:48 AM
WTF? :scratch:

I say again WTF? :duh:

You all should be ashamed of yourselves. :oops: I mean really, having a discussion on a probable fake story of what the ball boy said...the ball boy. :angry5:

I swear, if I even hear of a story about Wilf's office janitor, I'm going to run amuck. :violent3:

ultravikingfan
03-08-2006, 04:48 AM
Anyone can pick their own identity over the internet.

Next week I will be Spiderman. :roll:

NordicNed
03-08-2006, 04:52 AM
Hey, just another rumor to keep us all quessing.

But I'll say a prayer tonight that it's true.

I really think Edge would be a great pic-up for this team. We need a proven player like this on our team......

We could still pick up a good RB coming out of college to learn from him also. Hell, MM could even only get better by playing with someone like Edge.....

shawn9876uss
03-08-2006, 04:57 AM
Hey I am a ball boy too, and I heard that we are about to sign Shaun Alexander, Peyton Manning, and I talked to Randy last night, when he flew from Oakland, and he said that we are trading a 7th round pick for him, and it will be anounced tomorrow morning, believe me, I am a ball boy.

VikesfaninWis
03-08-2006, 04:57 AM
I would be the happiest Viking fan in the nation if we were to sign Edgerrin James.. That guy is the poster child for what NFL rb's should be. He is a workhorse, and if we were to get him the days of rb by committee are history.. I can't wait for fa to begin..

Ltrey33
03-08-2006, 05:04 AM
Well I think he's full of crap personally, BUT if he's right then I welcome it.

PurpleMafia
03-08-2006, 05:05 AM
Living in Indianapolis, Im about sick of all this Colts talk. I would love to rub it in their face if we got him and they got stuck with Dominic Rhoades :)

BBQ Platypus
03-08-2006, 05:07 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Tomorrow I'm going to be a caterpillar. :banana:

NordicNed
03-08-2006, 05:10 AM
"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Tomorrow I'm going to be a caterpillar. :banana:

Does that mean your a Coon today?....I mean Cacoon?

:lol:

ejmat
03-08-2006, 05:43 AM
Well I've been a Viking fan my whole life and I used to go to all the Miami Hurricane games when I lived there. McKinney told me then he wanted to block for Edge on the Vikings. This is true so it's going to happen.

I hope all of you know I'm talking out my a$$ right now. As much as I hope they do sign Edge, there is no way this ballboy spoke to McKinney for the simple fact there hasn't been a mini camp or any type of practice what so ever.

Anyway, I hope everone is having a great day.

NDViking66
03-08-2006, 10:07 AM
http://www.network54.com/Forum/208566/thread/1141788472/Got+some+encouraging+news%21

skum
03-08-2006, 01:04 PM
I dont know bout this, but it seems that i could be true, he never said that there where any kind of practice, just that they where cleaning up the equipment room. And then also, why would a give like him, it seems that people know him on that board, he has 84 post.. put his reputation on the line.. well i guess.. also the link NDViking gave us have some gossip - lets all hope that FA dosnt get screwed again..

singersp
03-08-2006, 01:28 PM
"skum" wrote:

I dont know bout this, but it seems that i could be true, he never said that there where any kind of practice, just that they where cleaning up the equipment room. And then also, why would a give like him, it seems that people know him on that board, he has 84 post.. put his reputation on the line.. well i guess.. also the link NDViking gave us have some gossip - lets all hope that FA dosnt get screwed again..

84 posts doesn't mean he's a reputable source. Why would they be cleaning up the equipment room now. It would have been done at the end of last season.

Wyndy11
03-08-2006, 01:36 PM
I'll believe it when I see it, I'm not going to stress over "rumors" anymore.

GreenBaySlackers
03-08-2006, 01:38 PM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c47/GreenBaySLackers/bullshiz.jpg

BBQ Platypus
03-08-2006, 03:55 PM
Hmm...I have determined that this is nothing short of a rumor being spread by Mike Tice (who, rather than working as an assistant coach in Jacksonville like the media would have us believe, is actually now our ballboy). I couldn't resist posting this:

Me:

The 'net is a place where a man can feel
He's the only soul in the world that's real,
Well I see a face coming through the haze,
I remember him from those crazy days.

Ain't you the guy who used to set the paces
Riding up in front of a hundred faces,
I don't suppose you would remember me,
But I used to follow you back in '03.

Tice:

I've got a good job
And I'm newly born.
You should see me dressed up in my uniform.
I work with the Vikes, all brawn and flash.
Remember that team on the boat getting smashed?

Ball Boy! I got to keep running now.
Ball Boy! Keep my lip buttoned down.
Ball Boy! Carry this baggage out.
Ball Boy! Always running at someone's heel.
You know how I feel, always running at someone's heel.

Some nights I still sleep on the boat.
Remember when stars were out of control.
Then I wander in early to work,
Spend the day licking boots for my perks.

People often change
But when I look in your eyes,
You could learn a lot from
A job like mine.
The secret to me
Isn't flown like a flag
I carry it behind
This little badge
What says...

Bull$h!t!

Prophet
03-08-2006, 03:57 PM
"Jordan" wrote:

http://rubechat.kfan.com/forums/114392/ShowPost.aspx

i know u guys r gonna say this is tampering but who cares until u get caught that's when u should care. i know this isn't a reliable source but hey new is news baby especially about EDGE

Ok, you owe me a keyboard. I was laughing so hard I spilled my coke on my keyboard. That is funny stuff, thanks for the post.

Redmption
03-08-2006, 04:13 PM
Now thats reliable information!

ChezPizmo
03-08-2006, 04:20 PM
"so-cal vike" wrote:

WTF? :scratch:

I say again WTF? :duh:

You all should be ashamed of yourselves. :oops: I mean really, having a discussion on a probable fake story of what the ball boy said...the ball boy. :angry5:

I swear, if I even hear of a story about Wilf's office janitor, I'm going to run amuck. :violent3:

LMAO! :lol: Let 'em have it!
*cheers* :cheers: :wav:

NodakPaul
03-08-2006, 04:50 PM
My mother's friends' neighbor knows a guy who once sat next to a person who's sister's husband's mom ate lunch with a guy who said that Edge is going to quit football to pursue a career in underwater basket weaving...

ChezPizmo
03-08-2006, 04:58 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

My mother's friends' neighbor knows a guy who once sat next to a person who's sister's husband's mom ate lunch with a guy who said that Edge is going to quit football to pursue a career in underwater basket weaving...

Pfft... yeah right... :roll:

Why would his sister's husband's mom eat lunch with THAT guy?
I know that guy. His mom's daughter's niece's brother's older brother is my friend. And from what I've heard, he moved here from Arkansas after his grandma died in a terrible bus loading accident. And ever since then, he has been a real jerk.

SharperImage42
03-08-2006, 05:04 PM
i was reading everything in the chat, and im laughing my damn ass off, if hes wrong he gets banned from pimpsville
lmaoooo

PackSux!
03-08-2006, 05:12 PM
So if we do sign edge then what are all you non believers going to say now that ya ripped this fella a new ass?

vikeswin2005
03-08-2006, 05:14 PM
"PackSux!" wrote:

So if we do sign edge then what are all you non believers going to say now that ya ripped this fella a new jiggly butt?
EXACTLY

cajunvike
03-08-2006, 05:27 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Can I have your autograph? You were my favorite superhero when I was growing up!!! :grin:

cajunvike
03-08-2006, 05:35 PM
Regarding this rumor...yes, it would be considered tampering...so let's hope that it isn't true...:wink: :wink:...

However, I wouldn't be surprised if the information is correct...mainly because you would be surprised at what people on the lower end of the organizational flowchart DO KNOW...the higher-ups will say things in front of people sometimes that they think are inconsequential...and will allow those same people to witness clandestine visits by people because they think that those lower echelon workers will not say anything (which they usually don't, for fear of losing their jobs). So DON'T be surprised if the originally quoted person (the ball boy) isn't at least partially correct!

countrygirl
03-08-2006, 05:45 PM
"ChezPizmo" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Hey, I know this guy! :lol:

I know that guy. His mom's daughter's niece's brother's older brother is my friend. And from what I've heard, he moved here from Arkansas after his grandma died in a terrible bus loading accident. And ever since then, he has been a real jerk.

vikeswin2005
03-08-2006, 05:48 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Regarding this rumor...yes, it would be considered tampering...so let's hope that it isn't true...:wink: :wink:...

However, I wouldn't be surprised if the information is correct...mainly because you would be surprised at what people on the lower end of the organizational flowchart DO KNOW...the higher-ups will say things in front of people sometimes that they think are inconsequential...and will allow those same people to witness clandestine visits by people because they think that those lower echelon workers will not say anything (which they usually don't, for fear of losing their jobs). So DON'T be surprised if the originally quoted person (the ball boy) isn't at least partially correct!
Thanks Cajun I wanted to say the same things but I do not have the credibility or knowledge according to some people on this ssite just because i do not hardly have ant posts or time on this site.

Del Rio
03-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Here's the thing,

We already know the Vikings are interested in Edge. It has been known publicly for over a month. So what is so insightful about this?

It's a safe bet, if he is right he gets the glory of making stuff up, using the same knowledge that everyone has. If he is wrong no one will think twice about it.

ultravikingfan
03-08-2006, 05:54 PM
"PackSux!" wrote:

So if we do sign edge then what are all you non believers going to say now that ya ripped this fella a new jiggly butt?

So you believe the ball boy?

Do you still get mad when others tell you that Santa is really your parents?

Ripped who? The ball boy?

Its just some nut trying to be funny. We see that here too.

Hey, Easters coming up. You may want to plug your ears from those who speakth foul about the Easter Bunny.

NodakPaul
03-08-2006, 06:16 PM
"ChezPizmo" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

LOL! :lol:

Prophet
03-08-2006, 06:22 PM
"countrygirl" wrote:

"ChezPizmo" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

He really isn't that much of a jerk. According to my brother's ex-girlfriend's second cousin's daughter's friend's barber's wife's best friend's sister's fiance's ex-girlfriend's husband's son, who happens to also be a ballboy, he said that Edge will infact be coming to MN.

DCPologirl
03-08-2006, 06:36 PM
I think that guy ordered a drink at my bar last night :shock:

ultravikingfan
03-08-2006, 06:38 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!!

My wife just called me on the phone! She took the dog out and his "doodie" was shaped like an "E"!

We are getting Edge for sure! Take this for gospel because somebody posted it on the internet!!!!

PackSux!
03-08-2006, 07:20 PM
So you believe the ball boy?

Do you still get mad when others tell you that Santa is really your parents?

Ripped who? The ball boy?

Its just some nut trying to be funny. We see that here too.

Hey, Easters coming up. You may want to plug your ears from those who speakth foul about the Easter Bunny.

Answers

1. I dont believe anyone on this sight, because nobody really knows what the Vikings will do.

2. Yes, now that a i have a couple of children of my own.

3. The person that the posters directed their post towards.

4. Ya dont say

5. Speaking foul of the easter bunny is unheard of, so there is no sense in plugging my ears.

ejmat
03-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Listen, even if a ballboy was cleaning up the equipment room, why would McKinney be there? He lives in South Florida. Unless he was there working out for some reason that would be the only way that would happen. The other thing is why would Wilf rumopr anything to be true if it was illegal in the first place. Let's think logically here.

MrGopher16
03-08-2006, 07:40 PM
pshhhhh ballboy...maybe if he was a waterboy i'd believe it.

ultravikingfan
03-08-2006, 08:56 PM
"MrGopher16" wrote:

pshhhhh ballboy...maybe if he was a waterboy i'd believe it.

Exactly.

A waterboy is much more believable than a ball boy.

Duh!

mnvikes61
03-08-2006, 08:58 PM
This is hilarious.

michaelmazid
03-08-2006, 08:59 PM
I am with the ball boy all the way. Edge is coming to Minny Baby. HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

VikesfaninWis
03-08-2006, 09:12 PM
Although I would love for Edgerrin James to become a Viking, I am having a hard time believing this story.. If I am wrong I will apologize, but only if Edge signs like the day after fa starts...

cajunvike
03-08-2006, 09:13 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

HOLY CRAP!!!!

My wife just called me on the phone! She took the dog out and his "doodie" was shaped like an "E"!

We are getting Edge for sure! Take this for gospel because somebody posted it on the internet!!!!

I hope that your wife picked it up with of those baggies...you could probably sell it on e-Bay!!! :lol:

Too bad it wasn't shaped like Jesus...you could get a whole lot more if it was! :lol:

vikeswin2005
03-08-2006, 09:28 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

HOLY CRAP!!!!

I hope that your wife picked it up with of those baggies...you could probably sell it on e-Bay!!! :lol:

Too bad it wasn't shaped like Jesus...you could get a whole lot more if it was! :lol:
this topic has gone crazy funny

DaunteHOF
03-08-2006, 10:51 PM
thats whats up, get him for like 3 yrs a lot of money

magicci
03-11-2006, 02:15 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

"countrygirl" wrote:

"ChezPizmo" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

He really isn't that much of a jerk. According to my brother's ex-girlfriend's second cousin's daughter's friend's barber's wife's best friend's sister's fiance's ex-girlfriend's husband's son, who happens to also be a ballboy, he said that Edge will infact be coming to MN.
you know i wouldnt have gotten lost if you would have just said his sister instead of his moms daughter, now i dont think your story is credible

vikeswin2005
03-11-2006, 02:18 AM
noooooooooooooooooooooo i thought this post died!!!!!!!!!

cajunvike
03-11-2006, 02:18 AM
Actually, the thread of this title was SUPPOSED to read:\

FORMER Vikes ballboy says that Cards have contacted Edge already...the former Vikes ballboy being Larry Fitzgerald! :lol:

Prophet
03-16-2006, 02:44 PM
Just curious, what does the ball boy say about the Hutchinson situation?

Prophet
12-17-2006, 10:18 PM
"Jordan" wrote:

We always have the offseason to think about.
I think this was one of my favorite posts from last offseason.
The infamous ballboy post.

VikesfaninWis
12-17-2006, 10:22 PM
LOL.. I remember this thread like it was yesterday.. Dam, it is almost offseason again already.. Lets see what the offseason brings this year..

VikingD24
12-17-2006, 10:35 PM
"Jordan" wrote:

"..edge's agent Drew Rosenhaus, that edge is coming to Minnesota to sign a deal when free agency starts."

Didn't Edge just sign like a 3 or 4 year deal with Arizona? I dont think he will be in any position to just come to Minnesota & sign a deal when Free Agency starts. I'm afraid Edge is stuck behind that terrible O-Line for a few more.

audioghost
12-17-2006, 10:36 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

LOL.. I remember this thread like it was yesterday.. Dam, it is almost offseason again already.. Lets see what the offseason brings this year..

That sucks too...I was really hoping our team was gonna do something this year
:-[

ultravikingfan
12-17-2006, 10:39 PM
"VikingD24" wrote:

"Jordan" wrote:

"..edge's agent Drew Rosenhaus, that edge is coming to Minnesota to sign a deal when free agency starts."

Didn't Edge just sign like a 3 or 4 year deal with Arizona? I dont think he will be in any position to just come to Minnesota & sign a deal when Free Agency starts. I'm afraid Edge is stuck behind that terrible O-Line for a few more.

Bro, look at the date on the first post in this thread.
;)

PurplePackerEater
12-17-2006, 10:39 PM
"VikingD24" wrote:

"Jordan" wrote:

This is an old thread brought back to life.

PurplePackerEater
12-17-2006, 10:40 PM
The "ball boy"....that is some funny ish though.

Ltrey33
12-19-2006, 07:44 PM
This thread is classic! Truly a PP.O best!

davike
12-19-2006, 08:24 PM
that is to funny....i love looking at ancient threads

nflvikings4455
12-19-2006, 09:44 PM
woah i was looking at this and thought it was a new thread

Prophet
03-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Jordan, this is one of my favorite FA posts from last year.
I know you said you didn't care, but it is funny as hell.

Mr. Purple
03-01-2007, 01:33 PM
lol this is an instant classic Prophet.Also one of my favorite FA posts form last year, or ever.

cajunvike
03-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Who is the ball boy gonna pick this year?

Prophet
03-01-2007, 01:39 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Who is the ball boy gonna pick this year?

I heard him mumbling something about Donnie Edwards.