PDA

View Full Version : Lousy Review

NeoVikesTX
07-06-2004, 03:16 PM
http://www.covers.com/includes/articles.aspx?theArt=26914&tid=17&t=2

Has anyone else read this Vikings review that is on our site? It is from Covers.com, they say we cannot win 9 games and that besides our superstars, we have no substance or character. You can tell this guy pretty much hates the Vikes.
Seriously, we won 9 games last season, and we've added a lot of talent on our D as well as offense, so how is it so unlikely for us to win at least 9 games again?
I just hate these writers and analysts who consistently pick the Vikes to do poorly, it's like they don't want to make any bold predictions so they just play it safe.
On the upside, this is the only article I've read that has our Vikes doing poorly. Good thing it's from some no-name like Covers.com. Let me know what you guys think.[/url]

vegasvike
07-06-2004, 03:23 PM
Hey Neo you probably have the same sit that I do. Here in Vegas everyone hates the Vikes but when the Veikes are on a roll they're all fans. That douche that wrote that column sounds the smae way. Besides I like it like that it let's you konw who the real fans are and let's belittle those fake ass posers

LosAngelis
07-06-2004, 03:29 PM
It's definately on the pessimistic side, but most uneducated people who predict a season look at one thing: last season. Think how many times you hear the predicted Super Bowl champion is the same team that won it the year before. Y'all had 9 wins last season, casual journalists will look at that and say...yup! Again!

Without sounding like a Packer homer, I like to see someone predicting against the Vikings a little bit. I don't think you really want to go in with the media all kissing your @rse. It's added pressure you probably don't want.

vegasvike
07-06-2004, 03:33 PM
good point los, are you sure you're really a packer fan? J/K

SUPAFREAK84MVP
07-06-2004, 03:51 PM
YEAH THAT ANYLIST IS JUST ANOTHER RANDY MOSS HATER. tHE VIKINGS HAVE TO MUCH TALENT AND DETERMINATION TO NOT GO FAR IN THE PLAYOOFS AND POSSIBLY WIN THE SB. THAT REPORTER PROABABLY DOESNT LIKE THE TRAIL BLAZERS THAT MUCH EITHER.

GreenBaySlackers
07-06-2004, 03:54 PM
"SUPAFREAK84MVP" wrote:

YEAH THAT ANYLIST IS JUST ANOTHER RANDY MOSS HATER. tHE VIKINGS HAVE TO MUCH TALENT AND DETERMINATION TO NOT GO FAR IN THE PLAYOOFS AND POSSIBLY WIN THE SB. THAT REPORTER PROABABLY DOESNT LIKE THE TRAIL BLAZERS THAT MUCH EITHER.

no comment...

purplepat
07-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Keep in mind that Covers.com is a gambling related site. They care about stuff like how often the Vikings cover the spread. Even when they are winning, the Vikings haven't been real reliable to the gambling public as far as winning as a home favorite (and covering the spread), etc. Reports like this have a certain amount of bias to them because of the Vikings failures from a wagering perspective moreso than a wins & losses perspective.

And despite the purple-colored glasses most of us have on around here, a lot of the NFL public remembers 5-11 in 2001, 6-10 in 2002, and finishing 2003 3-7. I would argue that on paper, the Vikings schedule looks MUCH tougher this year than last. Of course, we have hindsight from last year....who thought that the Giants, Falcons, Raiders, and 49ers would be as bad as they turned out to be? And of course, we lost two of those games and lost to horrible teams in the Chargers and Cardinals. While I think the Vikings will finish with at least 10 wins, we still play seven games against playoff teams from last year, and many of the "weak sisters" (Chicago, Detroit, Washington, Jacksonville, Houston) are predicted to be better this year than they were last year. If the Vikings don't play to their "potential", eight losses this year might not be that hard to fathom.

LosAngelis
07-06-2004, 06:15 PM
"SUPAFREAK84MVP" wrote:

Huh? :binky:

BigEasyViking
07-06-2004, 06:26 PM
Just watch, once we have won 13 games this year and have home field through out the playoffs this dick will be claiming that he predicted us from the start and that by far we are the most powerful team!

dart18
07-06-2004, 06:51 PM
I am in the same boat as the Pack lover Los. I dont mind some people not picking us, the predictions dont matter either way, but some of the statements he made were out of touck with reality but oh well, it is up to the team to prove him wrong.

magicci
07-06-2004, 08:22 PM
I eant to vegas this weekend and i got pissed off because these two like thirty old guys saw me in my vikes jersey and said the vikes suck outloud. that's pretty messed up considering two old guys told me that crap who is only a teen.

ItalianStallion
07-06-2004, 08:33 PM
Schedule prediction are often impossible because just because it seems like we have a hard season it doesn't mean that a couple of those "playoff" teams will have really bad seasons. Jeez I remember looking at last years schedule and saying "yikes":

Both the 49ers and Giants had very explosive offenses the year before and made the playoffs.
WE played the entire AFC east which the year before, the worst team was the 8-8 chargers and was called the toughest division in football. It also included the AFC champs Oakland raiders. we played the rams who many predicted to win the Superbowl with a healthy Warner, the Seahawks were improving and destroyed us the season before. Not to mention the Falcons who were the team with the biggest upside in the league before Vick got hurt. After we started 6-0 everyone was saying how soft our shedule was.

By now you can probably see my point... Maybe the Colts, Eagles, Cowboys, Seahawks, etc. will suck next year. I can guarantee at least one of them will.

amavikesfan
07-06-2004, 10:01 PM
good point stalion. it makes no sense to sit here and predict anything so early before the season. if we were to pick up trotter, or say randy moss goes down for the season in camp (knock on wood) then it changes the whole outlook. not only for us, but for everyone who plays us. and vice versa.

vegasvike
07-22-2004, 03:33 AM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Schedule prediction are often impossible because just because it seems like we have a hard season it doesn't mean that a couple of those "playoff" teams will have really bad seasons. Jeez I remember looking at last years schedule and saying "yikes":

Both the 49ers and Giants had very explosive offenses the year before and made the playoffs.
WE played the entire AFC east which the year before, the worst team was the 8-8 chargers and was called the toughest division in football. It also included the AFC champs Oakland raiders. we played the rams who many predicted to win the Superbowl with a healthy Warner, the Seahawks were improving and destroyed us the season before. Not to mention the Falcons who were the team with the biggest upside in the league before Vick got hurt. After we started 6-0 everyone was saying how soft our shedule was.

By now you can probably see my point... Maybe the Colts, Eagles, Cowboys, Seahawks, etc. will suck next year. I can guarantee at least one of them will.

yo I hope they ALL suck :rr:

bigdogbovy
07-22-2004, 11:40 AM
the writer is a bookie not a sports expert. He's talking covering the spread.

cheesefree
07-22-2004, 01:04 PM
Las Vegas oddsmakers predictions are mostly educated guesses based on the teams' performance of the previous year with some bias and wishful thinking thrown in. Before the start of last season the Raiders were expected to play the Pats for the AFC championship. The Raiders went 4-12. There is a lot of parity in the NFL these days, last year at this time who would have picked Carolina to play in the Super Bowl?

VIKE58
07-22-2004, 01:56 PM
Who cares what this guy thinks :!: Lets just wait and see what happens when the season gets going. I think that the VIKINGS will surprize a lot of the :bootyshake: in the press this year :!: