PDA

View Full Version : Hey Los!

JoeMama
07-06-2004, 01:17 AM
I have question for you my brother. You, being a part of the PurplePride family, even though you are the black sheep, we still love you. What advice do you have for Pack fans that come here and would like to maybe be taken seriously and respected, such as yourself?

LosAngelis
07-06-2004, 01:36 PM
Wow...

Well, I know muchluv hangs out on the Packerchatter site, and he has developed a bit of respect among the Packer throngs there, so I kind of look at it from that point of view. He went under the name "unbiasedvikingsfan", and that's, to a point, what I try to do here, also. I am a Packer fan, but realize that when in enemy territory, that the chest-thumping and trash-talking just ticks people off.

I think it comes down to why people want to be here. Most of the Packer trolls who come on are just looking to insult you. They get treated exactly as they should, and some I have PMed myself and told them to show some class as Packer fans. Of course, they left.

Some others stick around, like Superior and packman who straddle the line between just being a Packer fan on a Viking site, and having to try and toss in insults and get in some faces. Its part of being a fan, and I don't get upset with them...that's Viking fans' job...and they become posters you love to hate.

I guess the big thing is that you don't look to win every argument and you don't look to score points against people. I really like most of the people on this site, and would be happy to hang out with them. They just, unfortunately, happen to be deluded Viking fans who are deserving of my support and sympathy (jk), but it doesn't mean they are less knowledgable or less of a fan. Just misguided :-) .

LOL..I guess I don't see myself as some Zen master when it comes to this...I do like "sleeping with the enemy"...its more fun and you learn a lot more about your own team and the rivalry they share, I guess.

Hope that helps. And your avatar is disturbing. :-)

JoeMama
07-06-2004, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the response. And about the avatar...I know it freaks you out, sorry, but it is amusing to me, there's just something about the jolly fat kid going nuts, that kinda makes me smile and laugh. The novelty is wearing off though, so I'll be changing it soon.

Webby
07-06-2004, 04:11 PM
noooo! you can't change it! At least put it in public domain. I love it.

VKG4LFE
07-07-2004, 05:26 PM
I have been "sleeping with the enemy", literally, for the past four years!! I don't know how I've survived it!!

purplehorn
07-07-2004, 05:31 PM
"webmaster" wrote:

noooo! you can't change it! At least put it in public domain. I love it.

Their you go webby has the final say- so leave the chunky kid alone :D

LosAngelis
07-07-2004, 05:43 PM
Oh, I never said I didn't like it, it just creeps me out a bit after staring at it for five straight minutes or so.

VKG4LFE
07-07-2004, 06:00 PM
I can't handle that little fat kid jumping down either los. It makes me laugh, but I get sick of looking at it!!

Big Daddy
07-07-2004, 06:46 PM
The fat kid is awesome! It reminds me of the Goonies and the Truffle Shuffle, great movie!

JoeMama
07-08-2004, 12:12 AM
Okay...the fat kid stays. But, I'm hesitant about making him part of the public domain....I mean....do we really need a 150 fat kids bouncin' all over the boards?

casper
07-08-2004, 01:14 AM
JoeMama, sorry I just want to tell the kid to relax Breath.... :shaking: if that don't work use the movie airplane method of knocking some sence back into the kid. :twisted: i don't really mean that, :scratch: it just kind of happen when I see the avator sorry :salute: