PDA

View Full Version : E-BOB: Random lines from e-mails to Bob Sansevere

singersp
03-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Posted on Sat, Mar. 04, 2006

E-BOB: Random lines from e-mails to Bob Sansevere:

"Being a Viking fan for almost 40 years has had a lot of trying moments. Hiring Childress has been another one for me. I have not been impressed with his 'my way only' style."

"If the Vikes trade Culpepper it will be the last straw for me. I will find it hard to root for a tyrant like Childress and, if Daunte is gone, I'm not going to put myself through another Les Steckel season."

"I don't care for (Culpepper) personality-wise. I think he's arrogant and self-absorbed. I hope Mr. Wilf will get rid of him. Trade or release him. I don't care which, just so he's gone."

"We can't just keep adding another tax every time someone wants something new."

"I want to cheer for the Vikings again; I want to get my Viking shirt out and wear it with pride."

"I hate to be saying this, but shouldn't the Wolves unofficially pack it in? What would you say to resting (Kevin Garnett), the one true asset this team has, to the tune of playing him 27-32 minutes per game, seeing what the youth is capable of doing and 'unintentionally' piling up some more losses to secure a higher lottery pick?"

E-Bob (http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/14014484.htm)

COJOMAY
03-04-2006, 09:14 PM
"Being a Viking fan for almost 40 years has had a lot of trying moments. Hiring Childress has been another one for me. I have not been impressed with his 'my way only' style."

Gee, do you think we should try it the "fans" way? I'm sure they know a LOT more about football than the head coach! LOL

FedjeViking
03-04-2006, 09:34 PM
"I want to cheer for the Vikings again; I want to get my Viking shirt out and wear it with pride."

I LIKE that one!! :roll: Doesn't any Viking fan want to do this?? :lol:

gregair13
03-04-2006, 10:49 PM
"FedjeViking" wrote:

I LIKE that one!! :roll: Doesn't any Viking fan want to do this?? :lol:
i dont stop doing this. purple all the time baby

VKG4LFE
03-05-2006, 07:22 AM
Some people's kids man!!

Ltrey33
03-05-2006, 07:39 AM
Man, those people need to take a chill pill! I love how they're passing judgement on Childress ALREADY.

NordicNed
03-05-2006, 07:54 AM
He should take the shirt out of the closet, then jump in there himself.

This guy shouldn't even be able to use his name and the word fan in the same sentance..

In no way could I consider him a Vikings Fan....

Just another wannabe.....

Wiggles67
03-05-2006, 07:40 PM
He didnt go about it the best way but he does have a point. Either Childress is the answer and we are in for a very fun ride over the next couple of years. Or this is all going to come crashing down on us and this could be one of the biggest flops in Vikings history.

I have faith in Childress and Wilf and think we are headed in the right direction. But it is very very scary to look at the other side of it :???:

collegeguyjeff
03-06-2006, 08:51 AM
i think it's good childress has a my way attitude, he has to keep the players in line and they need to listen to him not be his friend and the players don't need to be treated like babies like tice treated them.

seaniemck7
03-07-2006, 12:36 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

i think it's good childress has a my way attitude, he has to keep the players in line and they need to listen to him not be his friend and the players don't need to be treated like babies like tice treated them.

Agreed. Childress had me at, "We don't have a lot of patience for a$$holes in Philly." He was quoted saying that when he was asked about the T.O. suspension.

NodakPaul
03-07-2006, 12:41 AM
"seaniemck7" wrote:

Agreed. Childress had me at, "We don't have a lot of patience for a$$holes in Philly." He was quoted saying that when he was asked about the T.O. suspension.

Childress: You complete me. And if I just had...
seaniemck7: (interrupting) Shut up. Just shut up.....You had me at 'We don't have a lot of patience for a$$holes'. You had me at 'We don't have a lot of patience for a$$holes'... :lol: :wink:

WBLVikeBabe
03-07-2006, 01:02 AM
Along the Childress topic, I'm not really going to pass any judgements on him until the season starts. From what I've heard so far though, he seems like a good guy and will hopefully "keep the guys in line" to quote what some of you have already said. It will be an interesting season though.

purplegang
03-07-2006, 01:20 AM
heres the thing we had to start somewhere, Childress is a start

seaniemck7
03-07-2006, 01:21 AM
Props Nodak, props.

:banana:

shawn9876uss
03-07-2006, 01:36 AM
If your going to be a fan, then be a fan, don't just jump on the bandwagon when it is convenient for you.

briboy75
03-07-2006, 05:34 AM
"shawn9876uss" wrote:

If your going to be a fan, then be a fan, don't just jump on the bandwagon when it is convenient for you.

i can't stand the word "bandwagon". Seems like the most overused term in sports. If i criticize my team, am i off the bandwagon? no offense to you, shawn, i just don't like that word.

vegasvike
03-07-2006, 06:18 AM
"briboy75" wrote:

"shawn9876uss" wrote:

i can't stand the word "bandwagon". Seems like the most overused term in sports. If i criticize my team, am i off the bandwagon? no offense to you, shawn, i just don't like that word.

I think the word swagger is becoming the over-used word in sports. I hate hearing it

DarrinNelsonguy
03-07-2006, 06:46 AM
He is nothing but a sack of wind and he writes one thing and says another.

singersp
03-16-2006, 01:30 PM
Posted on Thu, Mar. 16, 2006

E-BOB
Random lines from e-mails to Bob Sansevere:

) "My guess is that the Vikings get the better of this trade. Some believe that Culpepper would reach his prime in a few years. I'm afraid he will get no better than he is right now even if he fully recovers from his accident."

) "It is going to be a new team and a new era. The future looks promising in that the on-field accomplishments may finally outweigh the off-field ones."

) "Maybe we can go back and take Red's old saying of 'Purple Pride' and actually feel good about saying it."

) "Chester Taylor is no better than Mewelde Moore or Onterrio Smith. Our talent level has been depleted, and that is the bottom line. It is impossible that we will be a better team this year. When we lose the first couple of games, the team will quit. The players know that they are rebuilding and will mentally quit on this team with an old quarterback. It always happens."

) "Culpepper is one of the top five QBs in the NFL. He plays the position unlike any other NFL QB has. He is in the same class as Tarkenton was in that both gave the league a style of play that was never seen before."

) "Didn't we see this same act when the new sheriff rode into town and claimed to be in charge?"

Random lines from e-mails to Bob Sansevere (http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/14109151.htm)

Prophet
03-16-2006, 02:27 PM
"Wiggles67" wrote:

He didnt go about it the best way but he does have a point. Either Childress is the answer and we are in for a very fun ride over the next couple of years. Or this is all going to come crashing down on us and this could be one of the biggest flops in Vikings history.

I have faith in Childress and Wilf and think we are headed in the right direction. But it is very very scary to look at the other side of it :???:

There is some stiff competition for the biggest flops in Vikings history at coaching. Childress would have to beat out Les Steckel and Mike Tice, that would be challenging, no doubt. Take an NFL fan hovering around 15 yrs old and give him the HC job and the talent the Vikings had and he could equal the coaching prowess that those two clowns contributed to the franchise.

singersp
03-16-2006, 02:32 PM
"Chester Taylor is no better than Mewelde Moore or Onterrio Smith. Our talent level has been depleted, and that is the bottom line. It is impossible that we will be a better team this year. When we lose the first couple of games, the team will quit. The players know that they are rebuilding and will mentally quit on this team with an old quarterback. It always happens."

I will go out on a limb here & say this guys is a pessimist. He kind of reminds me of a member I believe was banned a while back. I just can't put my finger on it.

NordicNed
03-16-2006, 02:38 PM
As I've stated in the past, I put much more weight on the Coaches than I do on individual players, on how a team will perform and act.

I truly believe, Childress and his gang of Young Bloods, are going to fire up the league and show them what a young new age coaching staff CAN DO....

I see the next 3 years being something really speical for us.

We've been needing a face lift and serious change for some time now......

SKOL

As for the na sayers, they can all kiss my ass......And prepair to Eat Crow for the next few years........And then some :grin: