PDA

View Full Version : Jim Marshall wins ESPN #1 spot...

Turboe
03-03-2006, 05:25 PM
Did anyone catch SportsCenter last night which ranked their "Top 10" list of atheletes who "Fell asleep on the job"?

And you guessed it footage of Jim Marshall returning the fumble the wrong way edged out David Cone argueing the call at first while two players scored at home plate (I think that was #2).

What do you think about that?

Anyway I recorded it to my harddrive using Microsoft Media Center, now I have to just figure out how to host or post or email it to someone.

skum
03-03-2006, 05:49 PM
try to upload it at Putfile.com

COJOMAY
03-03-2006, 06:33 PM
I think that might be a fair assumption but it doesn't detract from all the GREAT things Marshall did while he was a Viking.
I think the missed grounder by the first baseman for the Red Sox in the playoffs has to rank right up there. After all, he cost them the game. Can't remember his name now for the life of me.
At least Marshall didn't cause the Vikes to lose the game.

vikesoto
03-03-2006, 10:49 PM
Bill Bukner !!

...." BEHIND THE BAG.... HERE COMES KNIGHT...AND THE METS WIN"....

tke0933
03-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Marshall hasn't been the only one to go the wrong way with a turnover either. He is the most prominent one. That's why its played up so much.

gregair13
03-04-2006, 10:53 PM
what about aaron brooks throwing backward. thats comedy.

or that college player who ran backward into the endone, and all he had to do was run out the back of it and they would win because the clock would run out. what does he do? he puts the ball down in the endzone and the other team picks it up and they win.

Mr Anderson
03-04-2006, 11:08 PM
"vikesoto" wrote:

Bill Bukner !!

...." BEHIND THE BAG.... HERE COMES KNIGHT...AND THE METS WIN"....

Definitely not Buckner.

So much happened before the ball went through his legs.

Watch the ESPN Classic show, "5 Reasons You Can't Blame: Bill Buckner"

Ltrey33
03-04-2006, 11:23 PM
Poor Wrong Way Jim...that play will forever live in Vikings infamy!

blouxme
03-05-2006, 06:46 AM
Jim doesnt need official affirmation. He knows which way the wind blows.

VKG4LFE
03-05-2006, 06:50 AM
Yeah, he ran the wrong way but the vikes still won the game! So we can laugh about now!! lol