PDA

View Full Version : AOL Sports considers Daunte a "Free Agent"

Turboe
03-03-2006, 05:21 PM
AOL Sportspage listed the following online poll last night. I was struck with the fact that whomever wrote this poll for them obviously doesnt know what the term "Free Agent" means.

Which possible free agent would you most like to have?
Brett Favre
Daunte Culpepper
Derrick Brooks
Terrell Owens
Other

Just found it interesting.

By the way just to really piss you off, here are the results.

Brett Favre 29%
Other 20%
Derrick Brooks 20%
Terrell Owens 17%
Daunte Culpepper 15%
Total Votes: 50,101
Note on Poll Results

Now that has got to frost you....

aceclown
03-03-2006, 05:25 PM
"Turboe" wrote:

AOL Sportspage listed the following online poll last night. I was struck with the fact that whomever wrote this poll for them obviously doesnt know what the term "Free Agent" means.

Brett Favre
Daunte Culpepper
Derrick Brooks
Terrell Owens
Other

Just found it interesting.

By the way just to really piss you off, here are the results.

Brett Favre 29%
Other 20%
Derrick Brooks 20%
Terrell Owens 17%
Daunte Culpepper 15%
Total Votes: 50,101
Note on Poll Results

Now that has got to frost you....

Turboe
03-03-2006, 05:27 PM
Yeah DC might be a "Possible" free agent in what 4 years? Isnt that what we have him under contract for? Trade maybe, but not a free agent for a while.

Del Rio
03-03-2006, 05:33 PM
I think they are going off the idea that the lack of a CBA may cause them to be free agents sooner rather then later.

Then again it is AOL and they are Satan reincarnate so anything they say should be burned.

aceclown
03-03-2006, 05:33 PM
"Turboe" wrote:

Yeah DC might be a "Possible" free agent in what 4 years? Isnt that what we have him under contract for? Trade maybe, but not a free agent for a while.

Certainly you must have heard the rumors that the vikings might release Pepp. They have talked about it on ESPN several times with Clayton, Mort, and Jaws. There have also been rumors that Favre might be released as reported on KFFL.com. These rumors are what constitute Possible FA, as although it is highly unlikely, there have been talks of release.

Wiggles67
03-03-2006, 05:38 PM
AOL doesnt have a clue what they are talking about. I would never go to AOL for any kind of news especially when it came to sports.

pokeyisme
03-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Iam confused :roll: in one report they say tha DC is our franchise QB and that he will be at camp! then in another report they say that the vikes are shopping him around? then now miami is now thinking DC!!!!
I know the reporters are just looking for a break in the Vikes saga but come on, this is just plane crazy :twisted: I just wish it was over and done with and we had answers!!!

ultravikingfan
03-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Oh no..not AOL!

Wow, an internet company is now a leader in analyzing sports?

Whats next, Mickey Mouse on Sportscenter?

Mr. Purple
03-03-2006, 09:40 PM
Food Network just released thier 2006 FA list...They get thier sh1t straight!

ultravikingfan
03-03-2006, 09:51 PM
So did Dr. Phil.

You take his pooh for gospel when it comes to football!

Ltrey33
03-03-2006, 09:51 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Oh no..not AOL!

Wow, an internet company is now a leader in analyzing sports?

Whats next, Mickey Mouse on Sportscenter?

Don't knock it! Disney owns ABC and ESPN....plus it's ESPN: The Weekend right now!