PDA

View Full Version : Koren & Vikings - bad news

ejmat
03-01-2006, 08:33 PM
Vikings, Robinson far apartReceiver scheduled to become free agent if deal isn't reached by FridayBY SEAN JENSENPioneer PressThe agent for receiver Koren Robinson said he is "pessimistic" he can strike a long-term contract with the Vikings by Friday's deadline.
Agent Alvin Keels said discussions with Rob Brzezinski, the Vikings' vice president of football operations, haven't been fruitful with the start of free agency fast approaching.
"We have our differences on what the market value is on Koren as a player," Keels said." It's not something that can't be worked out.
"But if I were a betting man, I wouldn't put my money on it being worked out by Friday."
Keels stressed Friday because that's when the new league year and free agency are scheduled to open. But he and the Vikings could get more time if the NFL and the NFL Players Association make strides toward extending the collective bargaining agreement. If that's the case, the two sides could push back the starting date of free agency by a week or more so they can finalize terms of their agreement. But talks between the players association and management broke off Tuesday.
Keels isn't taking anything for granted.
Robinson is in an unusual situation after a topsy-turvy 2005 that started with his release from the Seattle Seahawks in June and ended with his selection to the Pro Bowl in December.
Last September, after checking out of a substance abuse rehabilitation center in South Carolina, Robinson signed a modest two-year contract with the Vikings. The Vikings released him before the start of the season to avoid having to pay him his entire 2005 salary of $540,000.
Several teams, including the Green Bay Packers, courted Robinson, giving him unexpected leverage. Keels then negotiated a one-year contract with the Vikings that gave the club the right to match any offer in free agency.
Robinson's dramatic turnaround was reinforced with character awards from local reporters and his teammates, as well his versatile performance for the Vikings.
Now, Robinson is one of the most appealing receivers available this offseason, with a thin market in free agency and the NFL draft.
"Of course, there are incentives for both parties to get a deal done before free agency because you never know what you're going to get once you open up Pandora's box," Keels said. "However, we're confident that Koren will be coveted if he hits the market."
With the Indianapolis Colts' re-signing of Reggie Wayne last week, Robinson is among the top receivers available. The Philadelphia Eagles are expected to release Terrell Owens, and other veterans will be let go. Robinson is among the top 10 free-agent receivers, according to scout.com. Of those players, Robinson has more receptions than, among others, Antwaan Randle El, Joe Jurevicius and David Givens. The only player with more catches or receiving yards than Robinson is David Boston, who has played in just five games the past two seasons.
A handful of teams could be in the market for a receiver, including the Packers, Eagles, San Francisco 49ers, Washington Redskins, Carolina Panthers, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs and Cleveland Browns.
Two teams with obvious interest in Robinson are the Packers and the Panthers. Green Bay general manager Ted Thompson selected Robinson ninth overall in the 2001 draft for the Seahawks. Robinson is from North Carolina and was coached by the Panthers' staff at the Pro Bowl last month.
The market for Robinson is difficult to gauge. He can't command a contract like Wayne, who got a $13.5 million signing bonus. But he could draw a deal between what Miami's Chris Chambers (five years, $30 million, including $12 million in bonuses) and Oakland's Jerry Porter (five years, $20 million, including $8 million guaranteed) received.
Robinson has thrived in the West Coast offense, which new Vikings coach Brad Childress plans to run. Last week, Childress said he visited with Robinson and concluded, "It's hard not to like him."
But it's also hard to keep him.
If the start of free agency is pushed back, Robinson's list of suitors could increase. Without a CBA extension, the Vikings' odds of re-signing him were much higher because only a handful of teams could even afford to spend much money. With the challenge of the potential uncapped year in 2007, only teams with significant salary cap space could sign players because the salary cap hit in the initial year would be very high.
In December, Robinson told the Pioneer Press that he wanted to remain a Viking. But when asked what kind of contract he is looking for, Robinson said, "I don't really know the numbers. But I can tell what's a good deal, and what's suitable. As a man, you don't want to be disrespected."

Let's hope they can come to terms.

ItalianStallion
03-01-2006, 08:41 PM
I suspect that the Vikes will let him test his value on the market, and then decide if that is the right price.

audioghost
03-01-2006, 08:49 PM
I hope we re-sign him....we need him, he will be a huge factor in the future for some team....we'd be foolish to let him go. Out of all the free agents from our team, THIS is the one we NEED to re-sign....you don't just let a Pro Bowl caliber player go when you got cap room like the Vikes got....you just don't!

PurpleRide
03-01-2006, 08:53 PM
He is needed on this team, but he was a pro-bowl punt returner. I suspect he is not worth as much as they are demanding. Rob Brisinski(?) is a mastermind when is comes to worth of a player. When was the last time we overspent on a player? Long time. Getting Robinson for what he is worth is one thing, waisting money by overpaying him is something the vikings will not do.

Del Rio
03-01-2006, 08:54 PM
I think he has been blessed with some serious praise for things he hasn't prooven in a Vikings uniform yet.

While I would like to resign him to give him that opportunity, I wouldn't consider it a crippling loss for him to move on.

PacNWVike
03-01-2006, 08:57 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

I think he has been blessed with some serious praise for things he hasn't prooven in a Vikings uniform yet.

While I would like to resign him to give him that opportunity, I wouldn't consider it a crippling loss for him to move on.

Agreed

damien927
03-01-2006, 09:21 PM
The Vikes should really try to keep him in MN. THere is a good chance that he will go to GB if he hits the open market and that would suck big-time for him to burn us for years to come. Just come to an agreement and get him to stay.

VikingsTw
03-01-2006, 09:28 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

I suspect that the Vikes will let him test his value on the market, and then decide if that is the right price.

I agree, with this bargan deal going on he'll never get what he thinks he can, therfore he'll take the deal we offer. Thats what i would think.

gregair13
03-01-2006, 09:29 PM
today on jim rome there was a great interview with krob and rome. rome totally praised him for what he did this year and how he came back. krob talked about how the after he got cut from the dui, he figured out that he must go to rehab to get his life back, not just his football career. pretty good interview. anyone else hear it?

cajunvike
03-01-2006, 09:33 PM
"PacNWVike" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

Agreed

I second that, Pac (and Del)!!!

PacNWVike
03-01-2006, 09:34 PM
"gregair13" wrote:

today on jim rome there was a great interview with krob and rome. rome totally praised him for what he did this year and how he came back. krob talked about how the after he got cut from the dui, he figured out that he must go to rehab to get his life back, not just his football career. pretty good interview. anyone else hear it?

Did he say anything about the Viking organization or negotiations?

sunny
03-01-2006, 10:23 PM
"PurpleRide" wrote:

He is needed on this team, but he was a pro-bowl punt returner. I suspect he is not worth as much as they are demanding. Rob Brisinski(?) is a mastermind when is comes to worth of a player. When was the last time we overspent on a player? Long time. Getting Robinson for what he is worth is one thing, waisting money by overpaying him is something the vikings will not do.

Fred Smoot.

But dont get me wrong I like Brisinski. The Vikes are alot better off then most teams in regards to the salry cap, howerver If the CBA is not straitend out quickly the NFL will turn into MLB which sucks.

COJOMAY
03-01-2006, 10:28 PM
That headline on the article was very misleading. It made it sound the worst when, in fact, the article said chances were good that he would be resigned. Another typical press botch job trying to stir up controversy.

Euphman06
03-01-2006, 10:29 PM
Man, people busting on Smoot again... Give him a chance, he'll show you. He played beastly in washington, he was just hurt this past year. But I kind of hope we keep k-rob. I think he will bloom next season and become a solid number 1 type of reciever.

NodakPaul
03-01-2006, 10:36 PM
"Euphman06" wrote:

Man, people busting on Smoot again... Give him a chance, he'll show you. He played beastly in washington, he was just hurt this past year. But I kind of hope we keep k-rob. I think he will bloom next season and become a solid number 1 type of reciever.

You are right on on both accounts Euphman06.

Here are my thought regarding K-Rob. Had a CBA agreement been reached, the vikes would have given him the contract he was asking for. But unless something magical happens in the next 25 minutes, there will be no agreement, and the $$$ flowing into free agency will be extremely limited. The odds are that no team will be able to offer K-Rob what he wanted, and he will be back with the Vikes next year.

A good move on the Vikings part, but I hope it does not create any animosity with K-Rob.

Del Rio
03-01-2006, 10:39 PM
"Euphman06" wrote:

He didn't bust on Smoot he simply stated we overpaid for him, and we did. Looking at the available CB's who played far better if not the same and got paid less, Lucas, Dyson, the list goes on......we overpaid for Smoot.

whackthepack
03-01-2006, 10:41 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"PacNWVike" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

Agreed

I second that, Pac (and Del)!!!

I also agree, I would not over pay for him right now! If no agreement is reached on the collective bargaining agreement I think the Vikes will be able to keep Koren. The market is going to be tight, and if Bloody Thursday happens and teams have to cut players to get under the cap, and with very few teams having cap room to add high priced players. Koren could find a tight market and we might be able to resign him for less than what it would take now, if the CBA gets worked out we will probably lose him in free agency.

ItalianStallion
03-01-2006, 10:41 PM
"sunny" wrote:

"PurpleRide" wrote:

Fred Smoot.

But dont get me wrong I like Brisinski. The Vikes are alot better off then most teams in regards to the salry cap, howerver If the CBA is not straitend out quickly the NFL will turn into MLB which sucks.

Its damn near impossible to not overpay some players, because you can't predict their production. Other players we have over paid for include: Rosenthal and M-Rob.

Euphman06
03-01-2006, 10:46 PM
In that case we severely overpaid for pep, heck, he barely played

Ltrey33
03-01-2006, 10:53 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

I agree Del. He was a big spark for us this year, but he hasn't proven that he's a top flight reciever, and that's the kind of cash he wants. It would stink if he were to leave, but I wouldn't curse anyone over it. The only problem I have is that it leaves a hole at kick returner.

NodakPaul
03-01-2006, 10:54 PM
In that case we severely overpaid for pep, heck, he barely played Keep in mind, that if Del had his way, each player would be paid at the end of the season and then according to their exact contribution to the team in comparison to the rest of the league. $X for the CB with the most tackles, $Y for the safety with the most INTs... :wink:

Just kidding Del!

Euphman06
03-01-2006, 10:59 PM
that does sound like a good idea though nodak... it'll make everyone try their hardest knowing that nothing is guarenteed. I like it.

Del Rio
03-01-2006, 11:10 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

In that case we severely overpaid for pep, heck, he barely played Keep in mind, that if Del had his way, each player would be paid at the end of the season and then according to their exact contribution to the team in comparison to the rest of the league. $X for the CB with the most tackles, $Y for the safety with the most INTs... :wink:

Just kidding Del!

Your probably not far from the truth with what I would like to see. That would edge the NFL back towards being a respectable organization with players who gave it 100% at all times.

I have bashed Smoot plenty last year. This however was merely saying that the poster in question only stated that he was overpaid.

I happen to agree.

If you didn't get paid for what you did, but what a handfull of crazy fans think you can do then I guess he wasn't overpayed. My team passing on equal talent and spending more cash for hype just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

He's as good as we have right now though but I agree with the poster in that we overpayed the guy.

In the end it isn't my cash.

Mr. Purple
03-01-2006, 11:17 PM
How can anyone wanna let this guy go? Koren gives me hope for the offense. Hes a Number one caliber type WR. In a system which he is used to, he could have an even bigger year next year. He made alot of plays with his hands this past season also. To loose him IMO is stupid. Like ghost said, with all the money we have...I rather let B-Will go then let him go. Special teams is a part of football that shouldnt be over looked. Its not like he got 2 td's and did nothing else....he easliy could have had more. He helped our field postion greatly. He is one part of the Brad turn around. We need to resign him.

snowinapril
03-01-2006, 11:18 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Exactly!

What he said, I also would like to sign him but if we don't, we shouldn't get our panties/underwear in a bunch.

whackthepack
03-01-2006, 11:18 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"sunny" wrote:

"PurpleRide" wrote:

Fred Smoot.

Its gol 'darnit near impossible to not overpay some players, because you can't predict their production. Other players we have over paid for include: Rosenthal and M-Rob.

There is talk that Rosenthal either has to rework his deal of the Vikes are going to cut him. With the way last season went I did not expect him to be back with the Vikes this year. I am not sure if Marcus will be back, I think it depends on if we resign Burley and K-Rob, or if we pick somebody else up in free agency. I agree with you that neither was worth the amount we paid them when we signed them.

BigMoInAZ
03-02-2006, 12:15 AM
Well call it what you want, the cause of him (KRob) being unsigned today lies directly in the hands of Briz and the Vikes.

Last September, after checking out of a substance abuse rehabilitation center in South Carolina, Robinson signed a modest two-year contract with the Vikings. The Vikings released him before the start of the season to avoid having to pay him his entire 2005 salary of $540,000The Vikes were too cheap so to speak to pay the guy a "modest" fee last season so now that the piper comes calling they need to pay if they want to keep this player!

Don't hate the player, hate the game!

Mr. Purple
03-02-2006, 12:21 AM
The Vikings where smart and I'm sure K-Rob at the time wasnt mad. The Vikings took a chance on him....they gave him his second chance. They added in to the contract the right for us to match any offers becuz they knew he had potential. We need to resign him.

VikesfaninWis
03-02-2006, 12:36 AM
Even if we can't come to terms with K-Rob before the start of Fa, we will still be able to match any offer that he recieves from another team. So all you K-Rob fans (Me Included) unless some other team gives him a ridiculous offer, we will have him on our team next season, and many more seasons after that.

ejmat
03-02-2006, 01:19 AM
I agree with the people stating it would be nice to resign him however not overpay him. The guy was a pro-bowler as a kick returner. Not a WR. He could be a pro-bowl WR but he hasn't proven it yet.

Hopefully they will just see what the market is willing to give and match it if the price is right. If not, it won't kill the Vikings to not have him. I do think having him will benefit the team however.

PurplePeopleEaters89
03-02-2006, 01:33 AM
We really need to sign him!!! I hate when people say that Fred Smoot needs to be given a chance!!! How hard is it to come on a new team and start at the very begginning of all team work outs and cover a receiver (that is his only job)!!! He just needs to shut his trap and attempt to get better!! We gave him a chance, it just took us all year to realize that he wasn't going to take it!!! If he doesn't step up and get better then i would trade him or cut him along with Rosenthaul!!!

Vikes
03-02-2006, 01:36 AM
Let him go! We will find another receiver. I like him but i'm not putting all my cap dollars into him.

marshallvike
03-02-2006, 04:11 AM
his agent is an idiot, ala frank thomas. without a new cba his value goes down. he could have a contract under his belt already. the moron should have known this was a strong possibility. i think krob could be an integral part of this team, and i hope he stays. see chris carter.

Euphman06
03-02-2006, 04:38 AM
I'm a musician and my only job is to play music so I am not allowed to mess up at all. I can never have a bad performance or some down time due to whatever. I am a teacher as well and my only job is to teach students. So a lesson plan can never fail and reach to all types of learners. I can never just have a bad lesson in hand. And this makes me a complete failure. I realize the man underachieved due to injuries and probably a new system (yeah ok, you just cover the reciever, that's all they do). I can recall one bad game he had, steve smith. Now is it smoots fault that mr. smith got over 200 or whatever yards on him. Or was the problem in how the D was set up to cover him which stems from mr. cottrell who was our d coordinater. I don't think our players were set up in their optimal settings, where as a smarter coordinator would figure that one out. Stubborn teddy

singersp
03-02-2006, 05:38 AM
"ejmat" wrote:

Vikings, Robinson far apartReceiver scheduled to become free agent if deal isn't reached by FridayBY SEAN JENSENPioneer PressThe agent for receiver Koren Robinson said he is "pessimistic" he can strike a long-term contract with the Vikings by Friday's deadline................

This article/topic was already posted in the "Vikings, Robinson talking deal" thread, 7 hours earlier.

Vikings, Robinson far apart (http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=19159&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60)

olson_10
03-02-2006, 05:47 AM
"ejmat" wrote:

Vikings, Robinson far apartReceiver scheduled to become free agent if deal isn't reached by FridayBY SEAN JENSENPioneer PressThe agent for receiver Koren Robinson said he is "pessimistic" he can strike a long-term contract with the Vikings by Friday's deadline.
Agent Alvin Keels said discussions with Rob Brzezinski, the Vikings' vice president of football operations, haven't been fruitful with the start of free agency fast approaching.
"We have our differences on what the market value is on Koren as a player," Keels said." It's not something that can't be worked out.
"But if I were a betting man, I wouldn't put my money on it being worked out by Friday."
Keels stressed Friday because that's when the new league year and free agency are scheduled to open. But he and the Vikings could get more time if the NFL and the NFL Players Association make strides toward extending the collective bargaining agreement. If that's the case, the two sides could push back the starting date of free agency by a week or more so they can finalize terms of their agreement. But talks between the players association and management broke off Tuesday.
Keels isn't taking anything for granted.
Robinson is in an unusual situation after a topsy-turvy 2005 that started with his release from the Seattle Seahawks in June and ended with his selection to the Pro Bowl in December.
Last September, after checking out of a substance abuse rehabilitation center in South Carolina, Robinson signed a modest two-year contract with the Vikings. The Vikings released him before the start of the season to avoid having to pay him his entire 2005 salary of $540,000.
Several teams, including the Green Bay Packers, courted Robinson, giving him unexpected leverage. Keels then negotiated a one-year contract with the Vikings that gave the club the right to match any offer in free agency.
Robinson's dramatic turnaround was reinforced with character awards from local reporters and his teammates, as well his versatile performance for the Vikings.
Now, Robinson is one of the most appealing receivers available this offseason, with a thin market in free agency and the NFL draft.
"Of course, there are incentives for both parties to get a deal done before free agency because you never know what you're going to get once you open up Pandora's box," Keels said. "However, we're confident that Koren will be coveted if he hits the market."
With the Indianapolis Colts' re-signing of Reggie Wayne last week, Robinson is among the top receivers available. The Philadelphia Eagles are expected to release Terrell Owens, and other veterans will be let go. Robinson is among the top 10 free-agent receivers, according to scout.com. Of those players, Robinson has more receptions than, among others, Antwaan Randle El, Joe Jurevicius and David Givens. The only player with more catches or receiving yards than Robinson is David Boston, who has played in just five games the past two seasons.
A handful of teams could be in the market for a receiver, including the Packers, Eagles, San Francisco 49ers, Washington Redskins, Carolina Panthers, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs and Cleveland Browns.
Two teams with obvious interest in Robinson are the Packers and the Panthers. Green Bay general manager Ted Thompson selected Robinson ninth overall in the 2001 draft for the Seahawks. Robinson is from North Carolina and was coached by the Panthers' staff at the Pro Bowl last month.
The market for Robinson is difficult to gauge. He can't command a contract like Wayne, who got a $13.5 million signing bonus. But he could draw a deal between what Miami's Chris Chambers (five years, $30 million, including $12 million in bonuses) and Oakland's Jerry Porter (five years, $20 million, including $8 million guaranteed) received.
Robinson has thrived in the West Coast offense, which new Vikings coach Brad Childress plans to run. Last week, Childress said he visited with Robinson and concluded, "It's hard not to like him."
But it's also hard to keep him.
If the start of free agency is pushed back, Robinson's list of suitors could increase. Without a CBA extension, the Vikings' odds of re-signing him were much higher because only a handful of teams could even afford to spend much money. With the challenge of the potential uncapped year in 2007, only teams with significant salary cap space could sign players because the salary cap hit in the initial year would be very high.
In December, Robinson told the Pioneer Press that he wanted to remain a Viking. But when asked what kind of contract he is looking for, Robinson said, "I don't really know the numbers. But I can tell what's a good deal, and what's suitable. As a man, you don't want to be disrespected."

Let's hope they can come to terms.
how much money is this drunk idiot asking for? market value? well lets see what the market value is on a guy that has 1 kick return TD, and only 347 receiving yards? MAYBE 2 million a season at the most, but if we cant reach a deal with him then it is obviously because his head as grown and he is asking for an absolutely rediculous amount of money..the guy really has done nothing to prove he is worth big money, and it is rediculous to think that we would actually pay him a ton of cash for multiple years..if anything we should offer a low base salary contract loaded with high priced incentives, to let him prove on his own how much he is worth

olson_10
03-02-2006, 05:48 AM
"marshallvike" wrote:

his agent is an idiot, ala frank thomas. without a new cba his value goes down. he could have a contract under his belt already. the silly guy should have known this was a strong possibility. i think krob could be an integral part of this team, and i hope he stays. see chris carter.
chris carter? you just compared koren robinson to chris carter..do you know what you just did?

ejmat
03-02-2006, 06:02 AM
Singer, I'm sorry if I posted this and someone else did 7 hours earlier. I do have a job and don't have all day to read every single post that goes on this site.

I wish people would focus on other things instead of trying to catch people do or say something wrong. Give me a break. If you don't want to look at this thread or post in it move to another. Others seemed not to mind posting there thoughts other than someone already posted this before.

Is there anything else you want to try to call me out on. This is the 3rd time in a couple of weeks. Each of the other 2 times you obviously didn't read my whole thread. If someone already posted this befoer and you'd rather talk in that thread be my guest.

Vikes
03-02-2006, 06:45 AM
"ejmat" wrote:

Singer, I'm sorry if I posted this and someone else did 7 hours earlier. I do have a job and don't have all day to read every single post that goes on this site.

I wish people would focus on other things instead of trying to catch people do or say something wrong. Give me a break. If you don't want to look at this thread or post in it move to another. Others seemed not to mind posting there thoughts other than someone already posted this before.

Is there anything else you want to try to call me out on. This is the 3rd time in a couple of weeks. Each of the other 2 times you obviously didn't read my whole thread. If someone already posted this befoer and you'd rather talk in that thread be my guest.

It happens....Don't sweat it. I've done it. Kinda hard with so many posts coming.

collegeguyjeff
03-02-2006, 06:51 AM
don't mean much it's just a first offer, anyways the agent wants money

singersp
03-02-2006, 06:55 AM
"ejmat" wrote:

I'm not trying to call you out. Simply pointing out the fact that there's already a thread on this topic & the article was posted.

I work for a living also. Just because you don't have time to look to see if it's already posted, doesn't warrant starting a new thread IMO. There is a lot of people hopping on PPO for a half-hour or so at a time.

You don't have to go thru a ton of threads to see if an article is posted.

Use the "Search" button, type in some key words from the topic title, click "search for all these words" & search for "within 1 day" or "1 week" & "topic titles". It's as simple as that.

Just trying to cut down on the number of "duplicate threads", not discorage people from starting threads.

Also, if you see an article from one of the papers at noon about the Vikings, there's a 99% chance it was already posted sometime in the morning.

Just because it's not under the "Latest Talk" column, doesn't mean it's not out there. That's one reason so many Culpepper threads ended up getting started.

Another reason I point them out is to help the mods get a handle on duplicate threads, not to single anyone in particular out.

If they feel warranted, they will move or lock a thread at their discretion, not mine.

Ultra has posted a "sticky" on this subject in the "Vikings Fan Forum" & posted this topic before.

How to post an article (http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=19212)

briboy75
03-02-2006, 07:21 AM
"damien927" wrote:

The Vikes should really try to keep him in MN. THere is a good chance that he will go to GB if he hits the open market and that would suck big-time for him to burn us for years to come. Just come to an agreement and get him to stay.

Green bay???? who would be thowing him the ball??? :)

briboy75
03-02-2006, 07:23 AM
"Euphman06" wrote:

give him a chance??? didn't we give him a bunch of chances last season?

when did we move him to receiver?

the guy is a good nickle back.

briboy75
03-02-2006, 07:26 AM
"Vikes" wrote:

Let him go! We will find another receiver. I like him but i'm not putting all my cap dollars into him.

hopw can you say something like that without even having a clue what hes actually worth?

if someone else wants to overpay for him, fine. if not, lets keep him.. its not that complicated.

in light of the QB controversay this year, and the fact that our offense performed so poorly last year in comparison to recent years, we are not going to have nearly as easy of a time attracting WRs as we did last year.

snowinapril
03-02-2006, 07:32 AM
"briboy75" wrote:

"damien927" wrote:

Green bay???? who would be thowing him the ball??? :)

Isn't Favre coming back.

Last I heard, they were having problems with Javon Walker again.

PackSux!
03-02-2006, 09:57 AM
chris carter? you just compared koren robinson to chris carter..do you know what you just did?

Koren could only dream of being as good as CC, and he would have a hard time dreaming that.

JellyBean2144
03-03-2006, 11:12 PM
We will figure something out. Koren showed a lot of promise last year and to let him go would be a mess up on our part. Unless of course we can gain a WR with speed and good hands.

wyorob
03-04-2006, 12:32 AM
I sure would hate to lose him, all the talk about 2nd chances and coming to the vikings. I think he could be even more of a major player for us in the future. We are deep at WR and I want to keep it that way.

wyorob
03-04-2006, 12:35 AM
Robinson and cris Carter?????
not now not ever and keep on dreaming. Must be a family member of Cris Carter to make that statement. I would take Carter in his prime over moss any day, Robinson??? WOW

wyorob
03-04-2006, 12:36 AM
Correction Family member of Robinson

ultravikingfan
03-04-2006, 01:10 AM
"wyorob" wrote:

To make corrections just find the post that needs fixed and click this to edit: http://www.purplepride.org/themes/ppo/images/forums/lang_english/icon_edit.gif

triedandtruevikesfan
03-04-2006, 01:14 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"wyorob" wrote:

To make corrections just find the post that needs fixed and click this to edit: http://www.purplepride.org/themes/ppo/images/forums/lang_english/icon_edit.gif

Yes sir drill sergeant Ultra! :wink:

BBQ Platypus
03-04-2006, 01:27 AM
TNT! Haven't seen you around in a while!

(Quick! Hide before Cajun notices - he'll go nuts if he finds out!) :lol:

damien927
03-04-2006, 04:22 AM
Hopefully there is no CBA extension and the Vikings get metter because of it. After a few years though.... it might get ugly with the Giants and the Jets having $250 mil payrolls and everyone else hving 100 mil.

tylersieve
03-04-2006, 05:25 AM
if we get rid of him...(witch i hope we dont)...dont go after randle..i really dont know who to go after...if we would trade daunte..trade for a first round draft pic and get sinorice moss, chad jackson

olson_10
03-04-2006, 06:02 AM
"PackSux!" wrote:

Koren could only dream of being as good as CC, and he would have a hard time dreaming that.
koren robinson couldnt even dream of being anywhere near cris carter..cris carter didnt get booted off of a team because he couldnt help himself from dropping too many passes, on top of not caring about football enough to drink his career away..comparing koren robinson to cris carter is like comparing michael jordan to a high school basketball player

i_bleed_purple
03-04-2006, 06:15 AM
the only possible way to compare CC and krob is that they both had substance abuse problems and overcame them and played well. to compare their playing ability is like comparing Bill Gates and some random schmo who makes $70,000 / year. not even close.

ejmat
03-05-2006, 01:22 AM
Actually Olsen, I am a Cris Carter fan beyond belief but yes he did get kicked off a team for not caring about his football career. He was kicked off the Eagles for having a drug problem. The Vikings stole him from the Eagles for $100.

Having these type of problems are a disease and yes you can compare the two when it comes down to it. I'm not saying KRob is as good as Carter but I will say they are two people that the Vikings gave a second chance to after having a drug and/or alcohol problem. We all see how Carter did. KRob showed some promise too. That being said, he's not worth a huge contract right now but I would definately want him on this team if he's willing to take a middle of the road contract.

BigMoInAZ
03-05-2006, 02:03 AM
Hey ejmat! Good post! Here's a favorite pic of mine, thought you might like it if you don't have it already!
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e138/BigMo58/chriscarter_sm.jpg

ejmat
03-06-2006, 01:13 AM
Cool pic BigMO. Do you live in AZ?

KRob18
03-06-2006, 01:24 AM
If we loose KRob, any chance for Kelly Campell to be back in Purple And Gold

snowinapril
03-06-2006, 01:42 AM
"KRob18" wrote:

If we loose KRob, any chance for Kelly Campell to be back in Purple And Gold

Why put money into KC when you can get a young guy to do the same, especially in a new offense.

Basically, no chance!

LuckyVike
03-06-2006, 01:45 AM
Screw it... just go get Eric Moulds.

thanatoschristou
03-06-2006, 01:47 AM
Moulds is 100. Keep K-Rob. Spend some bling.

PackSux!
03-06-2006, 01:59 AM
Moulds is 100. Keep K-Rob. Spend some bling.

Close but actually he is 33. If we lose Krob then i would think getting moulds and Daunte hall would be a good idea, would probably be around the same price for them two as it will to keep koren. Then we would have the reciever and returner portion covered, if koren stays and we pay him some decent cash i will cringe each time he returns a kick if he does.

sleepagent
03-06-2006, 02:31 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

I agree. What's all the talk about an average/above average receiver. If we loose him, oh well. Life will go on.

VikemanX84
03-06-2006, 02:47 AM
It depends on who is our QB nect year on wether it would be a crippling blow to lose KRob. The problem is he is a play maker and we have far too few of them on offense. Daunte can take over a game and win us games (Yeah, while trying to win us games, he'll lose us some too, especially with poor coaching and bad play calling) Brad Johnson just doesn't lose them and gives his team mates a chance to win it for us. Without Koren Robinson in there we are dangerously short on playmakers on offense. Maybe a new running back would give us one and if Troy Williamson or Nate Burleson (if he stays) break out then we have 2/3. If we keep KRob and/or Daunte then we definitely have a top playmaker on offense next year .

damien927
03-06-2006, 02:50 AM
Keep K-rob, don't let him go to the Packers.

singersp
03-06-2006, 02:56 AM
"VikemanX84" wrote:

It depends on who is our QB nect year on wether it would be a crippling blow to lose KRob. The problem is he is a play maker and we have far too few of them on offense. Daunte can take over a game and win us games (Yeah, while trying to win us games, he'll lose us some too, especially with poor coaching and bad play calling) Brad Johnson just doesn't lose them and gives his team mates a chance to win it for us. Without Koren Robinson in there we are dangerously short on playmakers on offense. Maybe a new running back would give us one and if Troy Williamson or Nate Burleson (if he stays) break out then we have 2/3. If we keep KRob and/or Daunte then we definitely have a top playmaker on offense next year .

What makes you think we'll have poor coaching & bad play calling this year?

collegeguyjeff
03-06-2006, 08:43 AM
did koren robinson even have one game where he had 100 yards? i don't see why people think he is worth so much money.

Del Rio
03-06-2006, 02:03 PM
Troy Williamson out produced him in fewer games if that answers your question.

At the WR position of course........and this guy does not want to be a KR.

BBQ Platypus
03-06-2006, 03:41 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

I hope we re-sign him....we need him, he will be a huge factor in the future for some team....we'd be foolish to let him go. Out of all the free agents from our team, THIS is the one we NEED to re-sign....you don't just let a Pro Bowl caliber player go when you got cap room like the Vikes got....you just don't!

Yeah, we're a LOT weaker at WR than some people think we are.

MRob is largely a situational red-zone receiver, Troy is a decent deep threat, but he's an iffy #2-level receiver at best (at least at this point in his career). I don't think that Burleson will ever be able to duplicate the season he had in 2004 when teams were focusing their coverage on Moss. Other than KRob, Taylor is the best of the bunch, a workhorse with good hands who could probably be a #1 receiver on a couple of teams but is better suited to the role of a possession receiver. That leaves us with three receivers other than KRob who could conceivably play on every down, only one of which has proven that he can be consistently good. In my opinion, that's not good enough for a WCO.

Cagey_Fan
03-06-2006, 03:45 PM
I think we should keep K-Rob, work out a deal with him,but not some ungodly amount of money lol. Now with Birk coming back and D.C. returning and maybe beef up our o-line a little our O will click and then K-Rob will be able to show what he's worth. This of course is my personnal opinion.

whackthepack
03-06-2006, 04:12 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"wyorob" wrote:

Yes sir drill sergeant Ultra! :wink:

TNT it is great to have you back on! Hoping that you have not become a Bears fan now that you are living in Chicago.

ejmat
03-07-2006, 02:07 AM
Who said DC is returning? I'm under the impression he won't be a Viking next year and even if he is he probably won't be able to start till the middle of the season. Who even know's if Birk can come back? He was supposed to be ready by preseason last year and we saw what happened there.

I think KRob is our best WR right now. True he didn't do anything that spectatcular last year but he did the best under the circumstances. He is not worth that much money yet. He does have the potential but right now he's not. He can test the market if he'd like and if someone is willing to overpay him so be it. I would like the Vikes to keep him but not if it's going to be overpaying for what he's done.