PDA

View Full Version : New Vikings Stadium. Is it a HIT or MISS?



4Vikings
03-01-2006, 02:46 AM
Location and Financial debates aside. What do YOU think of the concept for the new Vikings Stadium? Is it a HIT or MISS?

Personally, I like the concept of the new stadium/entertainment complex. However, the new stadium is extremely boring and dull. I don’t understand how they can call it state-of-the-art, when it looks like another bland stadium with another bland retractable roof. Overall, it isn’t architecturally appealing to the eye, as some of the previous concept stadiums have been in the past. Keep in mind, Minneapolis/St. Paul is considering a bid for the Olympics in 2016 or 2020 (they gave it to Atlanta in 1996). Therefore, an appealing stadium is necessary for a winning bid.

mattjenny3
03-01-2006, 02:50 AM
http://www.minnesotamomentum.com/graphics.csp

Maybe you should take another look at it, and what is bland about a retractable roof?

sleepagent
03-01-2006, 02:53 AM
I disagree. I think it is a very unique stadium with a splash of Nordic. I vote HIT!

aceclown
03-01-2006, 02:59 AM
The disign of the actual stadium is not set in stone. Since the original disign (the one we see) Wilf has gone to Seattle and other stadiums, and is still working with architects on the design for the stadium. And speaking of stadium, it just became that much more important as the CBA deal is down the tubes. Without a salary cap, the new stadium will allow us to be like the yankees of football, until then, we are like the twins in terms of revenue.

olson_10
03-01-2006, 03:01 AM
i really hope we get this thing..otherwise i think we will lose the team down the road

NordicNed
03-01-2006, 03:03 AM
I've really liked some of the drawings I've seen them come up with so far..

The latest is really something to behold.......Would be awesome to see the real thing, trust me..

Ltrey33
03-01-2006, 03:10 AM
It's gonna be sweeeeet....

audioghost
03-01-2006, 03:17 AM
"4Vikings" wrote:

Location and Financial debates aside. What do YOU think of the concept for the new Vikings Stadium? Is it a HIT or MISS?

Personally, I like the concept of the new stadium/entertainment complex. However, the new stadium is extremely boring and dull. I don’t understand how they can call it state-of-the-art, when it looks like another bland stadium with another bland retractable roof. Overall, it isn’t architecturally appealing to the eye, as some of the previous concept stadiums have been in the past. Keep in mind, Minneapolis/St. Paul is considering a bid for the Olympics in 2016 or 2020 (they gave it to Atlanta in 1996). Therefore, an appealing stadium is necessary for a winning bid.


Screw the olympics....they don't pull in the money they used to, and they are getting horrible TV ratings these days....I think this stadium would look pretty cool....I dunno, maybe the Anoka county a-holes should git 'er done FINALLY so I can see it in person and judge!

singersp
03-01-2006, 03:17 AM
IMO If they want to get it passed this year, add another stadium for the Twins, with a Twins HOF museum & pro shops all on the same complex.

Only one parking lot would work for both complexes, roads/highways/road construction to & from the stadiums would be cut in half due to one complex instead of two & it would be more of a year around facility.

nephilimstorm
03-01-2006, 03:23 AM
I think Zygi is going to do his part and get this deal done...hes done more work than Red MCcurse ever did

4Vikings
03-01-2006, 05:02 AM
Screw the olympics....they don't pull in the money they used to, and they are getting horrible TV ratings these days....I think this stadium would look pretty cool....I dunno, maybe the Anoka county a-holes should git 'er done FINALLY so I can see it in person and judge!

International Olympics do not pull in the money and high T.V. ratings like used to IS CORRECT. However, Olympics in the United States generates hundreds of million dollars, and generates EXTREMELY high ratings. The most recent games in Salt Lake City drew on average over 40 million people. So your statement isnt technically correct.

I agree though, these plans do need to be finalized.

VikesfaninWis
03-01-2006, 05:10 AM
Get R' Done

tylersieve
03-01-2006, 05:37 AM
i cant imagin it..if we got it the vikes would stay im minny..i would love to see a Superbowl be held in minnesota.....with that stadium we better get one..thats if we get it

LuckyVike
03-01-2006, 05:48 AM
HIT! If we could get that place and it look like the latest drawing I've seen, wow!

LAVike
03-01-2006, 05:53 AM
I like the concept, but I hate the fact that every stadium is overpriced. It would be a lot easier to pitch stadiums if the prices were a little more accurate. The stadium will definitely not cost $650+ million to build (even with a retractable roof). The Twins ball park $450+ million? It's insane! So much of that money is fudged--inflated here and there. Simply because it's a sports stadium, material prices, and contract fees sky-rocket because of the money to be made. It's sick, really. If a stadium bill is delayed 3 months, suddenly the price goes up $30 million--for the same stadium?! I really hope the stadium gets built for the sake of the team and fans, but not for the price they quote--highway robbery, but everyone does it these days. The IDS Tower is on sale for $200 million. You could by three of them, and still have $50 million left over!

tylersieve
03-01-2006, 05:54 AM
i hope we get it imagin it i mean it looks huge....also imagin if the gophers and the twins got a new 1 2..the cities would be poor

WBLVikeBabe
03-01-2006, 06:01 AM
Are you serious? I think the projected stadium looks awesome. I actually just joined the Minnesota Momentum deal, the push for the stadium that Bud Grant is heading up. Anything I can do to get involved in getting a stadium I'll do it. The cool part about joining is you get an email from Bud Grant himself!

BigMoInAZ
03-01-2006, 09:12 AM
I like it, I think it'll be a HIT! As an AZ resident, I was wondering if Zygi made a trip out here to view the new Cardinals stadium? This is an older animation of that product due to open up this season! Either way, get r done!
Cardinal Stadium (http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/cardinals/demand/archive/stadiumanimation.rm&proto=rtsp)

vikeswin2005
03-01-2006, 10:01 AM
"audioghost" wrote:

"4Vikings" wrote:
[quote]Location and Financial debates aside. What do YOU think of the concept for the new Vikings Stadium? Is it a HIT or MISS?


Screw the olympics....they don't pull in the money they used to, and they are getting horrible TV ratings these days....I think this stadium would look pretty cool....I dunno, maybe the Anoka county a-holes should git 'er done FINALLY so I can see it in person and judge!

no crap i live in anoka cty about 4 miles fr the proposed site this *^%$ on the city council in Centerville population about 2000 is being a huge wrench in this whole issue my friends and I actually got escorted off the property at city hall about 1 month back they were having a "anti stadium" meeting.....skol vikes

ultravikingfan
03-01-2006, 02:38 PM
Olympics? In MN? Where are the mountains for downhill?

NordicNed
03-01-2006, 02:48 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Olympics? In MN? Where are the mountains for downhill?

They could make an artifical one in that big ass mall you have there.... :wink:

PurpleRide
03-01-2006, 03:25 PM
It's sad but I just don't see a stadium deal getting done. Too many close minded people in this state

aceclown
03-01-2006, 03:45 PM
"PurpleRide" wrote:

It's sad but I just don't see a stadium deal getting done. Too many close minded people in this state

Reality sets in.

sunny
03-01-2006, 05:52 PM
I'd hit it :shock: , ummm I mean its a hit :oops:

vikeswin2005
03-01-2006, 05:55 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Olympics? In MN? Where are the mountains for downhill?
these would be the 2020 SUMMER olympics

NodakPaul
03-01-2006, 06:32 PM
I actually haven't heard of the Olympic bid before... How cool would that be? I know a state of the art facility is pretty much required to win the bid. Hopefully this could be used as part of the incentive for getting a Vikings stadium built. I can't imagine that thet would try and use the new UoM stadium... College stadiums just don't have the capacity.

PurplePackerEater
03-01-2006, 10:57 PM
As long as the Owner is happy with it -so the Vikes stay in MN- then I'm happy with it!

4Vikings
03-03-2006, 04:15 AM
I just think a middle schooler could have come up with the same design...if not better.

gregair13
03-03-2006, 08:08 AM
anything but the dome. the day that thing get destroyed, i hope to be in the city to witness it.

the new stadium idea looks amazing. im all for it

purpleFavreEaters
03-03-2006, 09:03 AM
Its going to happen. A secret agency has been buying up all kind of land in Blaine. This is a fact. Just wait and see we will be getting our new stadium, from what I hear Ziggy plans to not only build the stadium but basicaly build a mini city around it and make a huge profit.

briboy75
03-03-2006, 09:51 AM
"aceclown" wrote:

The disign of the actual stadium is not set in stone. Since the original disign (the one we see) Wilf has gone to Seattle and other stadiums, and is still working with architects on the design for the stadium. And speaking of stadium, it just became that much more important as the CBA deal is down the tubes. Without a salary cap, the new stadium will allow us to be like the yankees of football, until then, we are like the twins in terms of revenue.


A CBA will be complete long before a new stadium opens.

Also we would still be a small market even with a new stadium, just less small.

singersp
03-03-2006, 01:38 PM
"purpleFavreEaters" wrote:

Its going to happen. A secret agency has been buying up all kind of land in Blaine. This is a fact. Just wait and see we will be getting our new stadium, from what I hear Ziggy plans to not only build the stadium but basicaly build a mini city around it and make a huge profit.

Been saying this all along. (Not necessarrily a mini city but several businesses around it). People think he's being generous with his $260 mil donation towards the lstadium, but in the long run, he stands to make much more out of it & the businesses he builds around it. :wink: